Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan View Post
    Dead space or Fable 2. i'm really excited for both and will get them both eventually but since i'll only have enough money to buy one when it first comes out , the question is which should i get first.
    I'd say Dead Space. Fable II looks awesome as well, mainly because the first was really fun and the second looks like it improved from Fable on almost every aspect.

I said Dead Space 'cause from what I've read and seen this game sounds like it's going to be loads of fun, and it's really innovative too, so Fable II could wait IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan View Post
    Dead space or Fable 2. i'm really excited for both and will get them both eventually but since i'll only have enough money to buy one when it first comes out , the question is which should i get first.
    I'm going to agree with Fenix above and say Dead Space. Since you're planning on getting both anyways it'd be wise to not get the RPG first as it would take a LONG time to finish with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrashmeister View Post
    I need recommendations for some underrated DS games.
    Mainly, I've been sticking to mainstream Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.)
    But I want to vary my game taste my delving into lesser-known and underrated third-party games.

Anyone have any recommendations?
    Phoenix Wright if you haven't already tried it. Although you might want to rent it. There's also Trauma Center which has been said by Fenix again. There's also Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania which aren't really popular, but aren't unpopular either.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 7th October 2008 at 2:57 AM.

I really want De Blob on the wii because it sounds like a very good and cool game.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/1zfl8k6.png[/IMG]

So I've been thinking of three games lately since I need my racing fix for my 360
    -Forza Motorsport 2
    -Project Gotham Racing 4
    -Ridge Racer 6

Recommendations please, people.

For a lover of great storylines, Phoenix Wright will satisfy. But if your looking for games that have action in them, I don't think Phoenix Wright is what your looking for.

So, onto my own wonderings... Out of Disgaea DS and Afternoon of Darkness, which one would be a better choice to buy?

So I've been thinking of three games lately since I need my racing fix for my 360
    -Forza Motorsport 2
    -Project Gotham Racing 4
    -Ridge Racer 6
    Forza is fun, takes a bit to get into the real "meat" of the game, as in, it starts off slowly.

Out of Disgaea DS and Afternoon of Darkness, which one would be a better choice to buy?
    Afternoon of Darkness. It's really fun and (like the above game) it starts off kinda slowly, but most SRPG's do.

I haven't gotten a game for my wii in a while, so I'm looking back at some not totally new ones.

I'm always a fan of Mario games, so any good one's you suggest for Wii? I don't have many games, but already rule out SSB. I believe that is the only mario one I have. I'm open to basically everything.

I would suggest Super Mario Galaxy then, or Mario Kart Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by kirby8933083 View Post
    I haven't gotten a game for my wii in a while, so I'm looking back at some not totally new ones.

I'm always a fan of Mario games, so any good one's you suggest for Wii? I don't have many games, but already rule out SSB. I believe that is the only mario one I have. I'm open to basically everything.
    Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party... or would you prefer some VC titles?

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I would suggest Super Mario Galaxy then, or Mario Kart Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party... or would you prefer some VC titles?

~C_L~
    Well this works out, I was thinking about Super Mario Galaxy. And Colbalt L. I'm open to some of those titles too, but not just Mario ones in that case. ^_^
    Also, I assume Super Paper Mario is good? It's not too easy is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kirby8933083 View Post
    Also, I assume Super Paper Mario is good? It's not too easy is it?
    Its an easy game but I thought it was one of the better Wii games.
    If you like both RPGs and Platformers than you'll probably like SPM.
    Credit goes to Deoxys911

Hey guys, I need help. What game is better on the PS2: NBA Live 09 or NBA 2K9, I always thought that the NBA 2K series were a lot better than NBA Live but now it looks like NBA Live 09 is selling 8 dollars more than the 2K9. I wonder if there's anything better lol. Anyways, what is better?
    [B]I am nicknamed AgentDN in Serebii IRC

Considering i have compleated lego batman I am going to take it back (it was on Ds so it was easy) But anyway i'm not sure what Ds game I should get. I was thinking about Mario 64 as I lost my copy a while ago and do kinda want to play it again, or something else but I don't know what.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Quote Originally Posted by XWiseOneX View Post
    Hey guys, I need help. What game is better on the PS2: NBA Live 09 or NBA 2K9, I always thought that the NBA 2K series were a lot better than NBA Live but now it looks like NBA Live 09 is selling 8 dollars more than the 2K9. I wonder if there's anything better lol. Anyways, what is better?
    Go with 2K9.

The 2K Series is alot more fun.

Quick purchase question: out of the titles I'm about to mention, which ones are worth it, or which ones should be passed over for other future releases?

- Sonic Chronicles
    - de Blob
    - Wario Land: Shake It
    - Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2

And I've been thinking of getting the 2006 Spyro game: A New Beginning, and Eternal Night. Does anyone think those are worth it? Or not?

~C_L~

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Quick purchase question: out of the titles I'm about to mention, which ones are worth it, or which ones should be passed over for other future releases?

- Sonic Chronicles
    - de Blob
    - Wario Land: Shake It
    - Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2

And I've been thinking of getting the 2006 Spyro game: A New Beginning, and Eternal Night. Does anyone think those are worth it? Or not?

~C_L~
    de Blob and Wario Land are pretty good and are definately worth a looking at. I'm not sure about DDR since I'm not a huge fan of the games. Avoid Sonic Chronicles like the plague, it's a huge disapointment.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Skeleton View Post
    de Blob and Wario Land are pretty good and are definately worth a looking at. I'm not sure about DDR since I'm not a huge fan of the games. Avoid Sonic Chronicles like the plague, it's a huge disapointment.
    That's personal opinion really...

In my opinion haha (woah what?) The best buys are Wario land: shake it! and Sonic Chronicles.

De Blob isn't meant for hardcore gamers mostly for casuals. If you are a casual gamer however buy it with full speed!

-Rune factory
    -Harvest moon tree of life (or whatever it's called)
    -Fallout 3

Decisions... Decisions...

Well Im looking for a new ds game to buy and I recently found out (seriously, like 10 minuts ago xD) that there is a new Castlevania game for the ds coming out on Tuesday, October 21st Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I have always seen the castlevania games and they look like fun games, I just never payed attention to them. Anyone gonna get this game? It looks like I might want it... does any1 recomend I get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbreath View Post
    That's personal opinion really...
    >_______________>

This whole thread is asking other's opinions on games, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBaker View Post
    Well Im looking for a new ds game to buy and I recently found out (seriously, like 10 minuts ago xD) that there is a new Castlevania game for the ds coming out on Tuesday, October 21st Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I have always seen the castlevania games and they look like fun games, I just never payed attention to them. Anyone gonna get this game? It looks like I might want it... does any1 recomend I get this?

Well, I'm certainly going to get this game, I really enjoyed DoS and PoR... but for someone like you that has never played any Castelvania game, I don't know if it's safe to recommend.

Well, if you don't care about a game being 2D, then you'll certainly like it. A sidescroller with RPG factors or a 2D action-RPG game, it's not easy to describe the game genre. It has really cool monsters, big levels with many secret areas and cool boss fights. And a very high replay value as well.

There is also a lot of lore in the games, so I guess Order of Ecclesia will have a nice plot like it's predecessors.

So after all, I recommend you to get this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    it's not easy to describe the game genre.
    Metroid - lasers + vampires = Castlevania.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Well, I'm certainly going to get this game, I really enjoyed DoS and PoR... but for someone like you that has never played any Castelvania game, I don't know if it's safe to recommend.

Well, if you don't care about a game being 2D, then you'll certainly like it. A sidescroller with RPG factors or a 2D action-RPG game, it's not easy to describe the game genre. It has really cool monsters, big levels with many secret areas and cool boss fights. And a very high replay value as well.

There is also a lot of lore in the games, so I guess Order of Ecclesia will have a nice plot like it's predecessors.

So after all, I recommend you to get this game.
    However, to be on the safe side, you can purchase a Wii Points card and get Super Castlevania IV; which pretty much a good way to introduce yourself to the series. That's what I've done. Though, I don't know if I'd get the newest one.

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    >_______________>

This whole thread is asking other's opinions on games, genius.
    Uh-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!
    If you seriously thought I did not know get yourself checked alright?

@Ninjabaker: Old castlevania games like Super Castlevania IV for the VC are indeed great choices but if you want to play a Castlevania game that's more in the style of ''order of ecclesia'' you should either try Symphony of the Night or well any of the GBA Castlevania games.

OoC is a great choice anyway because it's going to be a great castlevania game.

Help me out here: Kirby SuperStar Ultra (DS) vs. de Blob (Wii) vs. Okami (Wii)

Fingo par Res

Okami is the better game in my opinion but De Blob is actually solid which is good, I really don't know about the Kirby one

So if you want something different and very casual go with De Blob but something serious would be Okami in comparison
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast