Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 1,251 to 1,263 of 1263

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    The Zexal game on 3DS is your best choice right now, considering you don't have a PSP (Tag Force Special includes Arc-V). The localized version has a lot of content cut (about 30 characters cut from story mode, no voices, some game modes cut, ending movies are now just 1-2 pictures, etc), but all characters are still duelable, and all cards are unlocked straight from the get-go.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    The Zexal game on 3DS is your best choice right now, considering you don't have a PSP (Tag Force Special includes Arc-V). The localized version has a lot of content cut (about 30 characters cut from story mode, no voices, some game modes cut, ending movies are now just 1-2 pictures, etc), but all characters are still duelable, and all cards are unlocked straight from the get-go.
    All cards unlocked at the start sounds a little disappointing along with the other cut content. I kind of like collecting the cards instead. I could see myself getting bored real fast of the game because of them all being unlocked, while some people might like the ability to have all the cards right away I'd rather collect them. Which is kind of why I asked if the World Championship series was decent. Considering the fact from what I've looked up you get to earn the cards from packs cause I would like to collect them instead.

    So since I want to collect the cards instead would the World Championship series be better for me?

    I couldn't find any copies of games yesterday but looks like I can order some from Gamestop.(I know Zexal 3DS game is only on the eShop) I think I'd rather do that and spend $20(including shipping) verses spending $40-50 bucks plus shipping on a used copy of the game.
    From the DS games 2011 Over the Nexus is the only one I can't order.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17
    PSN: Zyon_17

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    All cards unlocked at the start sounds a little disappointing along with the other cut content. I kind of like collecting the cards instead. I could see myself getting bored real fast of the game because of them all being unlocked, while some people might like the ability to have all the cards right away I'd rather collect them. Which is kind of why I asked if the World Championship series was decent. Considering the fact from what I've looked up you get to earn the cards from packs cause I would like to collect them instead.

    So since I want to collect the cards instead would the World Championship series be better for me?

    I couldn't find any copies of games yesterday but looks like I can order some from Gamestop.(I know Zexal 3DS game is only on the eShop) I think I'd rather do that and spend $20(including shipping) verses spending $40-50 bucks plus shipping on a used copy of the game.
    From the DS games 2011 Over the Nexus is the only one I can't order.
    Not sure if I'd go with the World Championship games. Has some silly racing sections.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Not sure if I'd go with the World Championship games. Has some silly racing sections.
    "Card Games on Motorcycles!", with that out of the way I did watch some gameplay which had the racing sections in the 2011 game. Is that the only complaint just some silly racing sections? That's no big deal for me, I've done plenty of mindless racing games in the past. I could even get 2008 since that looks to be the last GX game in the series(I'm probably more familiar with those cards).
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17
    PSN: Zyon_17

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    262

    Default

    I NEED OPINIONS

    I have gift card for a local game shop and I've been thinking buying a new game for my 3DS. I've been thinking this for a while and had that gift card for several months now, but now I finally have money to actually buy something from there. I had been thinking that I'd buy Fire Emblem Awakening. I asked opinions from my friends who play the game (both IRL friends and pals in twitter) and some say that it is not difficult, while others say that it is hard and only losers play it with Easy difficulty. And now I really can't decide should I buy the game or not ._.

    I'm interested in characters in the game (and kind of dating stuff in game) and the plot seems interesting, but I don't like characters dying permanently. I also don't enjoy much playing strategic war games (as this seems to be?). But then I have thought that one of my fav games ever is Disgaea 2 which I managed to beat and I thought that maybe this Fire Emblem is similar. But I have not played a single entry from FE series, so I really can't say.

    So what should I do? Is this game really that difficult (I really hate difficult games and even some easy games, in popular opinion, have been way too difficult for me. I don't have energy of trying to beat some enemy for 3 hours or something)? Can I beat it? Or should I just buy something else instead? I have several other opinions as well (Majora's Mask, Fantasy Life, Kid Icarus and Cooking Mama 5 respectively, first I thought of buying Bravery Default but all said to me that it is hard to beat) so what do you think I should do? I can get -50% off the game's price by gift card so I really want to use it, but I want to hear some opinions first.

    edit// I forget to mention that I'm from Europe and the shop is here too, so European Area code games only, and no Nintendo eShop download exclusives! (if you want to make suggestions what I should get)

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpoinkyPearl View Post
    I NEED OPINIONS
    This reply is probably too late, but here goes, anyways:

    Fire Emblem Awakening is a really nice game. Since you already seem interested, let me clear up some misconceptions: the game has difficulty settings. If you only want to experience the story and do the dating then you can easily set the game to "normal", the lowest difficulty and it should be pretty easy to beat. If not you can always fight monsters in the overworld to level up. Also you can choose to have characters NOT permadie in the difficulty settings as well. And whoever told you that only losers play it on easy needs to take a chill pill. Not everyone plays games for the challenge. If a game gives more options for more people to enjoy it, then that's a good thing in my opinion.

    Majora's Mask 3D. I haven't played the 3D version, but I've played the 64 version. Apparently they've made it slightly easier. Zelda games aren't that difficult anyway. Majora's Mask is a pretty neat experience if you do all the sidequests. It has a very engaging world that pulls you in if you let it. The characters are fantastic and kind of overshadow the main plot of the game. It's about Link, the protagonist, trying to save a whole world from a falling moon, and how the people in that world react to their impending doom. A piece of art, IMO.

    Kid Icarus Uprising is another game with difficulty control settings. You can experience the whole story with as little or as much effort as you want. The best part of this game is its dialogue. While Majora's Mask is great because it gets you to think about serious topics, Uprising is a goofy thriller of a story full of endearing characters. You'll even end up liking the villains, I guarantee it.

    I can't help you with the other games, as I haven't played them. But hopefully this helps.

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,373

    Default

    Figured this might be the most appropriate place to post this. Does anybody remember how much the GOTY Editions of Arkham Asylum & Arkham City retailed for when those editions were first released? Arkham Knight will be $25 at Target on Black Friday, so factoring in the season pass (which I suppose could get a discount this holiday as well), that's $65.

    Of course I will be getting Arkham Knight eventually (definitely sometime in 2016 if not this year). I just don't know if they'll have a GOTY Edition or "Complete Edition" released next year with all the DLC for a discounted price or if this deal Target is offering might be better (or roughly the same thing).

    By the way, I just remembered I have a $5 giftcard to Target, so the total price is $60.
    My Top 5 Favorite Pokémon

    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hunting Bucky down...
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    What are your guys' opinions on Ark Survival Evolved? (Assuming some of you have tried it)

    I think the game looks really awesome, however, I want to be sure it's worth the money before I make the purchase.

    Shiny Badge Quest (4/8) Alpha Sapphire Team:

    Hunting:


    "Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
    - Black Panther

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Hello friends. I currently have a 3DS, but all I use it for is music these days. My interest in gaming has dwindled. My new laptop doesn't have an SD card slot so I can't put music on it. Here's my questions...does the PSVita have a USB port? Also, should I even get a PSVita for games like "Sly Cooper Thieves in Time," "Sonic and Sega All Star Racing Transformed" and "Rayman Origins (or Legends)?" I'm an E-T rated casual gamer so what do you recommend? Also, if I purchase all this, how big a memory card should I get?

    EDIT: I forgot to mention I have $220 in Gamestop credit. So...if that helps.
    Last edited by Feline; 30th January 2016 at 9:03 PM.
    Turtwig/Sinnoh fan forever!

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Hello friends. I currently have a 3DS, but all I use it for is music these days. My interest in gaming has dwindled. My new laptop doesn't have an SD card slot so I can't put music on it. Here's my questions...does the PSVita have a USB port? Also, should I even get a PSVita for games like "Sly Cooper Thieves in Time," "Sonic and Sega All Star Racing Transformed" and "Rayman Origins (or Legends)?" I'm an E-T rated casual gamer so what do you recommend? Also, if I purchase all this, how big a memory card should I get?

    EDIT: I forgot to mention I have $220 in Gamestop credit. So...if that helps.
    The Vita doesn't have a USB port, but it comes with a cable that connects to it and has a USB stick on the end so it does indeed have USB functionality. You can load up music and videos on it through the Content Manager Assistant.

    Those games you listed are pretty good. Gravity Rush is a fun game that lets you test out the features of the system. Same with Tearaway. They both have cool art and take full advantage of all the Vita's hardware.
    There's also a whole library of PS1 and PSP games to download and a ton of indie darlings.

    I recommend a 32 GB memory card if you're planning on keeping music on it along with games. I go almost download only, and am able to fit 27 games on my 32GB card, with varying sizes. Don't skimp on the memory card.

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Posts
    5,256

    Default

    I'm thinking of getting a couple new games for the PS2 (my collection is pretty small), most I play horror, puzzle/mystery, and RPG games. Any good games (that hopefully don't cost a fortune) I should look out for at the used game stores?
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 17th February 2016 at 6:19 AM.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken




    Titans: Red War - TT RPG (Rated R)
    ~ Looking for new players, both Heroes and Villains! ~

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Hello friends. I currently have a 3DS, but all I use it for is music these days. My interest in gaming has dwindled. My new laptop doesn't have an SD card slot so I can't put music on it. Here's my questions...does the PSVita have a USB port? Also, should I even get a PSVita for games like "Sly Cooper Thieves in Time," "Sonic and Sega All Star Racing Transformed" and "Rayman Origins (or Legends)?" I'm an E-T rated casual gamer so what do you recommend? Also, if I purchase all this, how big a memory card should I get?

    EDIT: I forgot to mention I have $220 in Gamestop credit. So...if that helps.
    Late response, but just get a 64GB and get it over with. Trust me, 32GBs is clearly not enough. 64GBs are not officially sold outside Asia, but I did get my 64GB from GameStop, and I live in Hawaii, so ask them if they have one for some reason. The games you listed are children's games, so may I recommend Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth? Very good JRPG, and if you liked Digimon as a kid, well even better. Music is very easy to transfer. Heck, you can even download music straight from the Vita's internet browser and directly download them to your Vita (at your own risk lol)

    Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a couple new games for the PS2 (my collection is pretty small), most I play horror, puzzle/mystery, and RPG games. Any good games (that hopefully don't cost a fortune) I should look out for at the used game stores?
    I can't give out horror and puzzle/mystery recommendations because I'm not a fan of those genre, but there are an abundance of PS2 RPGs that I can recommend that are cheap too
    •Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (PS3 has definitive versions with the HD Remixes)
    •Dragon Quest VIII (coming soon to 3DS in NA/EU)
    •Final Fantasy X/X-2 (definitive version on PS3, even more definitive on PS4)
    •Final Fantasy XII (the updated International Zodiac Job System is Japan only but PS2 is region locked)
    •Dark Cloud 2 (is up on PS4 as PS2 BC)
    •SMT III Nocturne (up on PS3 BC)
    •Persona 3 (arguably better version on PSP)
    •Persona 4 (definitive version on Vita)
    •the bajillion .Hack// games
    •Xenosaga trilogy


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Posts
    5,256

    Default

    Thanks Void. I've got Kingdom Hearts II (I grabbed it an realized it was II at the check stand and thought, eh, good enough) and Dragon Quest VIII, and I know I like the party Final Fantasy games (the war strategy ones, not so much) though I don't have any for the PS2. Which makes me suspect the rest of your list will be cool.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken




    Titans: Red War - TT RPG (Rated R)
    ~ Looking for new players, both Heroes and Villains! ~

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •