Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,242 of 1242

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Should have checked a few Youtube videos of it then beforehand. But then again, all the cool stuff probably doesn't happen until like hours and hours later.
    Yeah, I did, that's kind of what "the gameplay looked interesting later on" meant.

But anyway, should I get EOIV or Demon's Souls? Both are on sale digitally, and I love Dark Souls and I loved the EOIV demo. I think I have more to play on my 3DS, though.

Should I get Need for Speed: Rivals on the PS4. I kinda want a game to mess around with until Destiny comes out but its between that and both Knack and AC:IV. I already own AC:IV on the Wii U only problem is that I haven't finished the game because my Wii U was stolen along with my 3ds and all my 3ds games. Now I have a bunch of Wii U games but I don't really want to buy another Wii U so I'm thinking of selling my Wii U games and getting a few games for the PS4 with the money I make selling those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstinence Pistols View Post
    Yeah, I did, that's kind of what "the gameplay looked interesting later on" meant.

But anyway, should I get EOIV or Demon's Souls? Both are on sale digitally, and I love Dark Souls and I loved the EOIV demo. I think I have more to play on my 3DS, though.
    They're both pretty different, one is a challenging RPG, the other is very much JRPG. They both have the potential to last you a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Should I get Need for Speed: Rivals on the PS4. I kinda want a game to mess around with until Destiny comes out but its between that and both Knack and AC:IV. I already own AC:IV on the Wii U only problem is that I haven't finished the game because my Wii U was stolen along with my 3ds and all my 3ds games. Now I have a bunch of Wii U games but I don't really want to buy another Wii U so I'm thinking of selling my Wii U games and getting a few games for the PS4 with the money I make selling those games.
    The recent NFS games have been pretty disappointing and from what I've heard Knack is pretty average. You'd be best off with Aassassin's Creed 4.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Don't have any opinion on Etrian Odyssey IV as I've never played the games before, but Demon's Souls is EXCELLENT. It has a hub world rather than then "open" world DSI and III has. It's more "linear" because of it, but the game is still long, and it has a great atmosphere. There are no bonfires in each level though (except after defeating each boss at then end of each level), so you have to be careful, or else back to the starting area. Bloodborne is coming out in March, so best play the game now and get prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Knack is decent. But I wouldn't pay a single cent for it. Just wait until it goes for free on PS+. I have no doubt it will be one of the first free retail PS+ games for PS4. The Neogaf thread where people who got extremely salty when Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World a few weeks after launch in Europe was great though. Was one of the best gaming threads I've ever visited, included with salty Mario fans, Knack dancing gifs, and all around confusion. If you've played all the other AC games, ACIV is most likely a skip. But I heard the Naval battles are excellent. So grab it for that. I'd grab it too, but I'm just gonna wait until it goes on PS+.

Did you get The Last of Us Remastered? There's really no need to get it though if you already played it on PS3 unless you want the 1080p60FPS upgrade.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Don't have any opinion on Etrian Odyssey IV as I've never played the games before, but Demon's Souls is EXCELLENT. It has a hub world rather than then "open" world DSI and III has. It's more "linear" because of it, but the game is still long, and it has a great atmosphere. There are no bonfires in each level though (except after defeating each boss at then end of each level), so you have to be careful, or else back to the starting area. Bloodborne is coming out in March, so best play the game now and get prepared
    That does sound pretty interesting. I'll have to look into them both more, I get the feeling that whichever one I pick I won't be disappointed though.

That does sound pretty interesting. I'll have to look into them both more, I get the feeling that whichever one I pick I won't be disappointed though.
    There are people who liked Demon's Souls more than Dark, and there are those like Dark Souls more than Demon's. There's a chance you'll be disappointed. There are enough change in mechanics between both games that will make it a bit hard to play for a bit. Both are still good though, and have their own positives and negatives. If you thought Blight Town was bad, get ready to see the original mess.

Also, if you can't get enough Souls, watch this.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

I've been interested in two games recently. Kid Icarus: Uprising and Xenoblade: Chronicles. I'm not sure how either play but I've heard they are both really good games. Unfortunately I can only afford one of them so I would like to hear from you guys that have played them.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Fallout: New Vegas or Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Joooosh View Post
    Fallout: New Vegas or Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition?
    That's pretty simple. They're the same game, but one with the DLC.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Far Cry 4 or GTA V? (Xbox one)

HUGE fan of the far cry series. And waiting because I am getting an Xbox one for Christmas, but also wanting the new grand theft auto. Which should I purchase first?
    Also any other games that would be great for a first couple games for the Xbox one?

Who here has played Bravely Default and Fantasy Life?

I'm going to be given a 3DS game as an early Christmas present tomorrow and I would like to get both, but I can only go for one at this current time.

Aside from the class systems these games have, which of these games will give me an enjoyable single player experience, replayability/post game content and what is the wifi features like for fantasy life? How much will I get out of the wifi features? Anything else I should know about these games?
    Last edited by Ice Lock; 12th December 2014 at 8:53 PM.
    My Friend Code: 1435-4378-9935 My Friend Safari: Dark type: Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye

Looking for: Nothing at this current time.

IGN: Andrew

I've claimed Audino Formally known as Great Horned Owl

Default new game for my cousin

I want to give a new game for my cousin, im interesting with Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Video Game Starter Pack - Xbox 360 , I saw on amazon the price is: Price: $79.99
    do you think it worth? and give me a recommendation if there is a better

I personally don't have it, but I've heard nice things about it. If he has certain heroes he likes, I'm sure you could find their figures on sale in addition to the starter pack. Its really not something that can be enjoyed alone, but with friends and family, so if he has someone who will play the game with him then I think it will be more fun. Something else that is pretty much the same is Skylanders, and thats something that you CAN enjoy on your own, so I think its just a matter of personal preference.

////

Pokegym Credit: Azulart (gym badge),FairyWitch (Userbar)
    Trinity Credit: AstralShadow (personal banner and trade shop button) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

What Castlevania game to play next?? I'm playing through the first game and I'm really enjoying it. I never did give the series a chance due to the fact that it's on multiple systems and I have this compulsion to play every game in order -.- That aside I have a Wii\Wii U, 360, 3DS, Vita. So if it falls on one of those please let me know. I'm thinking about Lord of Shadows next or one of the Ds titles.

Also if anyone could recommend a another good side scroller, aside from metroids (played them all) it be greatly welcomed.
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    What Castlevania game to play next?? I'm playing through the first game and I'm really enjoying it. I never did give the series a chance due to the fact that it's on multiple systems and I have this compulsion to play every game in order -.- That aside I have a Wii\Wii U, 360, 3DS, Vita. So if it falls on one of those please let me know. I'm thinking about Lord of Shadows next or one of the Ds titles.

Also if anyone could recommend a another good side scroller, aside from metroids (played them all) it be greatly welcomed.
    Play any of these:

Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES)
    Super Castlevania (SNES)
    Symphony of the night(PS1, should be in the 360 store, I think)
    Circle of the moon (GBA)
    Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
    Aria of sorrow (GBA)
    Dawn of sorrow (DS)
    Portrait of ruin (DS)
    Order of ecclesia (DS)

I don't have an opinion on the lords of shadow series, so I can't say if I can recommend it or not. There are other good castlevania games out there, but the list of above is all of the ones I've played and I've enjoyed them all.

Other than SOTN, I don't know if you can find other games at a digital store and the DS series should be easy enough to find second hand.
    Last edited by Ice Lock; 22nd December 2014 at 6:54 PM.
    My Friend Code: 1435-4378-9935 My Friend Safari: Dark type: Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye

Looking for: Nothing at this current time.

IGN: Andrew

I've claimed Audino Formally known as Great Horned Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Lock View Post
    Play any of these:
    I don't have an opinion on the lords of shadow series, so I can't say if I can recommend it or not. There are other good castlevania games out there, but the list of above is all of the ones I've played and I've enjoyed them all.

Other than SOTN, I don't know if you can find other games at a digital store and the DS series should be easy enough to find second hand.
    Most of the GBA one's I think are on the Wii U virtual console (I think). Your the third person to recommend Symphony of the night. So this one might be next. I can get it for the 360 or the Vita with the Dracula X, you can get two for the price of one. Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the night.

Many thanks btw
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

Default A pokemon game focused on strategic battles?!

Hi Everyone,

Are there any good online alternatives to Pokemon in the monster battling/collecting space?

I've played a slew of copycats: Micromon, Haypi Monsters, Mino monsters, the list goes on and on. As well as the MMORPG pokemons...but they were all just that. Clones of pokemon's formula.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, and it pioneered the monster battling/collecting genre. But I disliked:

a) mindless grinding, where battles didn't feel strategic until I started PvP with friends (and that usually was at level 100 or 60s/70s)
    b) very little teamwork/co-op play with friends (I know this was not the intention of pokemon)
    c) a story that I was not excited to learn more about

After mobile games became a thing, I was optimistic that there would be more games in the monster collection/battling genre, especially since collectible card games were taking off (rage of bahamut/legend of the cryptids). But it turns out, mobile games have even less depth. Many have auto battles, where you make very few strategic battle decisions. That to me, was one of the best parts of Pokemon/RPG games. I'm not including traditional RPGs here, only games that have a monster collecting/battling element.

Thus, I formed a team to work on MonBattle (I won't link you, you can google to find our website), an online game which has Final Fantasy Tactics like strategy (making you think each turn), guilds and guild battles so you can play with friends, and Monster Battling/Collecting. It's also set in a post apocalyptic world, as we wanted to ingrain a darker tone on this genre.

My Question is: Would you guys want a game like this in the online game space, and if so, what would you like to see be an element to the game? Or is Pokemon satisfying all of your needs in a monster battling/collecting game?

Thank you for hearing me out and would love to hear your insight!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950