Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PokeSpecial Shippings General Discussion

Default PokeSpecial Shippings General Discussion

Well, chamo-chan was really the only person who agreed to the creation of this thread, but if I don't make it now, the idea of it may be forgotten.

Anyways, this thread is basically like the old one. Since PokeSpecial shippings don't seem to get a whole lot of love, I thought a general discussion thread here in the Shipping forum would 1) decrease the uh...dying of the single PokeSpecial shipping threads, and 2) increase the PokeSpecial shipping fanbase; more activity goes on around here than in the manga forum.

So, with all of that said, there are a few rules to read before posting:
    1. This is a thread for all PokeSpecial Shippings, not just one of them. Meaning, there will be discussion of all of the shippings going on at once. It's fine to discuss one of the shippings for a bit, but please do not turn this into a _____shipping thread, okay?
    2. Like I said, this a thread for all PokeSpecial Shippings, and I mean all of them. Not everyone is going to support the same shippings. You will respect each other's opinions, as hard as that may be. Bashing will not be tolerated. Debates are okay, but make sure not to do it all of the time or turn this thread into a debate thread. If you have to, PM me asking for permission to make a debate thread instead.
    3. Reasons like, "_____shipping is SO kawaii! They're meant to be!" will be considered as SPAM. You don't have to go all out on your posts, but at least give a few reasons why you support the shipping(s), because the cuteness factor could go for most shippings.
    4. Don't say things like, "I hate _____! _____ deserves better, so I pair _____ with _____!" or "_____ is the most horrible character! _____ should be by himself!" Basically, if you don't like a character in a shipping, just keep your mouth shut. I see this a lot and it really can get out of hand sometimes.
    5. Have fun! I'm sure this thread will stay active and get some good discussion.

* I think it'd be good idea if everyone started off with explaining their favorite shippings and why. So, yeah. I think that'll be something every new poster has to do before they join in on the discussion. Fair enough?

Thanks Chelc.
    :3

Anyway, to start off, I have a bunch of favorite PokeSpecial Shippings.

Out of all of them however, I end up liking Special Shipping the most.

I like this pairing because I think they look cute together, plus, what really got me hooked on it was the end of the Yellow arc. When Red and Yellow's pinky fingers were tied together by Caterpies' thread.
    BUNP

Nice thread
    Well I'm mostly a fan of oldrivalshipping (BluexGreen) as it seems pretty possible, but YellowxRed is also quite cute
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Oh, Chelc.
    Can we put up any fan-art we find?
    BUNP

Okay, so I'll give it a go

OldRivalShipping - Green x Blue
    What can I say ? Since they met around Saffron, there has always been interraction. And their interraction was bickering, annoying the hell out of each other and keeping their pride above all. I mean, how can you not see that there is something between them ? Something that evolved into something much deeper throughout the series.

FranticShipping - Ruby x Sapphire
    They meet in a cave, she's wearing leaves, she gets knocked out. Wham ! Next thing you know when she wakes up, she finds out he measured her, and handmade an outfit for her...Plus it's pretty much canon and I like it (One could say in some cases I support "opposites attract"...)

GrantedShipping - Lance x Yellow
    Strange isn't it ? One of my less common ships, but after reading the yellow arc, this could be summed up in one word : compassion.
    She gets a glimpse at his cause, his motives, she figures out why his pokémon are so loyal to him, they both have the same gift...and after Lugia ran away, he got interessted in what just happened...

SilverCrystallineShipping - Silver x Crystal
    Other less common ship. This one has a rather vain reason behind it : I hate Gold...
    So I ship Crystal with Silver and got used to it, and I believe in a strange way, that this could be like a manga version of IkariShipping...
    Dunno, the more I think about it, the more I like it ^^'

SpecialShipping - Red x Yellow
    Consequence of my love for OldRival. It doesn't bother me

GracefulShipping - Wallace x Winona
    Yeah, still believe in it xD

That's pretty much it, I just thought I'd state my preferecnes for the record
    Don't expect to see me around here very often though ^^'
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

OH, well, here's my list:

Red X Yellow: This is one of the first shippings I first began to like when I read the manga. For some reason, I think they look adorable together. It's also funny how, instead of the boy saving the girl, it's the other way around when she first appears.

Yellow X Blue: This shipping seems to be subject to bashing by many people, but I don't care. This is one of my favorite Shojou-ai shippings. They have a strong relationship, and Blue was the one who sent Yellow to find Red.

Yellow X Lance: Once again, another shipping subject to bashing. (I don't care if I just paired up Yellow with 3 different people already.) Both of them have the power form the Viridian Forest and they have the same love for pokemon. (even if Lance tried to kill off the human race because of it...)

Ruby X Sapphire: A canon ship I like in the manga. This is the other pairing I fist took notice of. An, just as Shadow Shipper said, Shippings with "Opposites attract" type people are really interesting. I just love how their relationship develops.

Wallace X Winona: This came out of me liking Frantic Shipping...

Gold X Silver: Once again, another shipping subject to bashing....Nonetheless, another favorite Shonen-ai ship. Their rivalry is interesting to me, and it's always funny to watch them fight. Besides, deep down, Silver cares about Gold.

Gold X Crystal: Just because I imagine that Crys would get mad at Gold if he hits on some other girl (which he might do.).

Blue X Silver: Brother and Sister type relationships really move me. They practically grew up together.

I have more, but these are near the top.

I also like this pairing.
    Pika X Chuchu: They obviously love each other enough that they had an egg.
    BUNP

Mwah! PokeSpecial Shppings are my favorite! <3

Jadeshipping -- Blue x Yellow
    This is my favorite PokeSpecial pairing. Besides it being a shoujo-ai pairing, I think there has to be something between these two. Blue was very concerned for Yellow in the Y saga when she was fighting Lorelei and Blue did save Yellow from that Elite Four Member. Blue also taught Yellow how to fight and defend herself in battle for this became vitial in the quarrel against Lance. Blue also gave Yellow the hat which helped her keep track of Yellow and keep the Viridian Trainer safe. Last but not least, Blue caught Yellow in the FRLG saga and gave her a Pokedex.

MangaPokeshipping -- Red x Misty
    Mist is totally infatuated with Red. It is very obvious during the RGB saga when they first met. They have totally chemistry and Red seems to have a small crush on Misty. She's always thinking about him and worried about him too. They traded Pokemon and exchanged smiles.

MagmaJewelshipping -- Ruby x Courtney
    I think this is very passionate and I think this pairing is amazing. Ruby doesn't seem very interested in Courtney. But she's always touching his face and staring at him, she does assist him later on the RSE saga too.

MangaQuestshipping -- Gold x Crystal
    Gold is clueless and Crystal is in love. <3
    Crystal is concerned for Gold at the end of the GSC saga when Gold almost gets lost in the vortex of time. She cries tears of joy when she notices that he survived.

...I know, I have a very strange fandom. But I love it dearly. o3o;

GrantedShipping - Lance x Yellow
    Strange isn't it ? One of my less common ships, but after reading the yellow arc, this could be summed up in one word : compassion.
    She gets a glimpse at his cause, his motives, she figures out why his pokémon are so loyal to him, they both have the same gift...and after Lugia ran away, he got interessted in what just happened...
    No, not really. Of course, I'm one to talk about lowly...considering in real life I like a lot of older guys. -shuts up-

Althought, sometimes I feel this ship is...nevermind. >.>

SilverCrystallineShipping - Silver x Crystal
    Other less common ship. This one has a rather vain reason behind it : I hate Gold...
    So I ship Crystal with Silver and got used to it, and I believe in a strange way, that this could be like a manga version of IkariShipping...
    Dunno, the more I think about it, the more I like it ^^'
    This one has never caught my attention...but, hey. With me, it's subject to change. ;D

I think this is very passionate and I think this pairing is amazing. Ruby doesn't seem very interested in Courtney. But she's always touching his face and staring at him, she does assist him later on the RSE saga too.
    I love this one. <3 (Sorry, FranticShippers!)

Okay, now for myself...I've recently gotten into:

Wally x Yellow
    Why? It's nevermet...but who gives a rip? It's adorable...and I'm pursuing the naming of it to be HealthShipping. I love this one. <3 It shall be my one true passion!!

Gold x Yellow
    Very uncommon ship. But you know, who cares? I certainly don't. >.> I think they're absolutley irresistable. Another view is that when they're older, Gold will realize that there's someone he has to love, and not lust. And really, the gal did pretty much save his life.

I'm done for now. You guys should know my other ships by now. ;D

Shadow Victini

Quote Originally Posted by Orenji-chan View Post
    Mwah! PokeSpecial Shppings are my favorite! <3

Jadeshipping -- Blue x Yellow
    This is my favorite PokeSpecial pairing. Besides it being a shoujo-ai pairing, I think there has to be something between these two. Blue was very concerned for Yellow in the Y saga when she was fighting Lorelei and Blue did save Yellow from that Elite Four Member. Blue also taught Yellow how to fight and defend herself in battle for this became vitial in the quarrel against Lance. Blue also gave Yellow the hat which helped her keep track of Yellow and keep the Viridian Trainer safe. Last but not least, Blue caught Yellow in the FRLG saga and gave her a Pokedex.
    Couldn't have put it in better words my friend.

MangaPokeshipping -- Red x Misty
    Mist is totally infatuated with Red. It is very obvious during the RGB saga when they first met. They have totally chemistry and Red seems to have a small crush on Misty. She's always thinking about him and worried about him too. They traded Pokemon and exchanged smiles.
    I like this ship too. -shot by everyone.-

I can't beleive I forgot this one too..
    I'm to forgetful.
    Another favorite ship.

MangaQuestshipping -- Gold x Crystal
    Gold is clueless and Crystal is in love. <3
    Crystal is concerned for Gold at the end of the GSC saga when Gold almost gets lost in the vortex of time. She cries tears of joy when she notices that he survived.
    Aw..I forgot about the crying part.
    LOl, Gold is clueless and Crys likes him. It's a match made in heaven.

..I know, I have a very strange fandom. But I love it dearly. o3o;
    But, that's what makes you, YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by xxBlackyxx View Post
    No, not really. Of course, I'm one to talk about lowly...considering in real life I like a lot of older guys. -shuts up-

Althought, sometimes I feel this ship is...nevermind. >.>
    -shift eyes- What do you mean?

Wally x Yellow
    Why? It's nevermet...but who gives a rip? It's adorable...and I'm pursuing the naming of it to be HealthShipping. I love this one. <3 It shall be my one true passion!!
    Cool. Never thought of that pairing.
    Which reminds me of another pairing I made with a friend,
    Yellow X Pearl.

Don't ask how we came up with it...

Gold x Yellow
    Very uncommon ship. But you know, who cares? I certainly don't. >.> I think they're absolutley irresistable. Another view is that when they're older, Gold will realize that there's someone he has to love, and not lust. And really, the gal did pretty much save his life.
    Well...I see your point. -adds to pairings with Yellow list-

I'm done for now. You guys should know my other ships by now. ;D
    Yes I do.
    BUNP

Gold x Crystal: The very first Pokespeical shipping I ever liked. I really like the part when Crystal was really happy to see Gold safe when he survived. And Yes I have to agree about Gold being clueless around Crystal XD

Red x Yellow: Another one of my favorites^^. I really like the part when Red had Yellow in his arms but I forgot what chapter that part was.

Gold x Yellow? Thats news to me. This shipping sounds kinda interesting. Hope to see more about this one^^
    .::Signature is being remodel::.

Quote Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
    Yeah, what were you going to say about GrantedShipping ?

Also on a side note, I have to admit that JadeShipping was a force to be reckoned with during the Yellow arc, and that during Blue's whole plan to find Red, she was concerned as much for Yellow, if more, than for Red.

And that was very sweet to see

Yeah, what were you going to say about GrantedShipping ?
    O_O

Gees people! I was just gonna say...uhh...why don't you just PM me? ^^;

Gold x Yellow? Thats news to me. This shipping sounds kinda interesting. Hope to see more about this one^^
    Yes...AmberShipping. It's lovely. <3333333

Cool. Never thought of that pairing.
    Which reminds me of another pairing I made with a friend,
    Yellow X Pearl.

Don't ask how we came up with it...
    My friend(Royal Genesis) on PC thought of it...I just went with it. He thought of the name, too. But really...it's so adorable. <3 I hope they do meet someday.

Pearl x Yellow is good, too. I just forgot the name. D:

Well...I see your point. -adds to pairings with Yellow list-
    So now everyone's gonna go to my AmberShipping emo corner? xD

Shadow Victini

Meh, why not ? As I'm really serching for a ship with Yellow which will make me feel warm inside, I'll think about it Even though I don't like Gold that much -_-

Yes we are.

Anyway...
    I can't figure out a name for Yellow X Pearl...
    BUNP

No one ever told me.....

Well.... as an "introduction" here's my list (warning, i'm forgetfull and spacey, I more than likely have holes in my list, sorry.)

Franticshipping RubyxSapphire:
    This is probably my first pokčmon shipping i've ever followed. (actually, it was hoenshipping, but they're close enough! ) I've always loved the "opposites attract" sort of thing, and I just think they look adorable together >w<! Plus the fact that Ruby wants to keep Sapphire safe at all cost -cough-scar-cough- is adorable! (ugh! I sound really fangirly xD;;; )

Magmajewelshipping RubyxCourtney:
    I probably started liking this shipping when Ruby and Courtney REALLY met (Rusturf tunnel ) Even though I don't think Ruby really likes Courtney as more than a friend, I can tell she's interested in him :3 Plus when Courtney gets crushed by those rocks near the end of the R/S saga, she trusts Ruby whit her fire lighter thing -spazz-

Raltshipping RubyxWally (I think):
    I swear, I've always loved this shipping since they both met <3 Ruby was concerned for Wally's health when he collapsed after then met. He took Wally back home and helped in fulfill his dream of traveling with pokemon and catching one of his own. Plus, Ruby was really excited when he thought he saw Wally during one of his contests -spazz-spazz- :3

Grantedshipping LancexYellow:
    Dah! I don't really know why I fell in love with this ship in the first place, but I just saw some fan art (and some mmv's) and I fell in love <3 Though they don't really have many (or any) love-like scenes, They share the same gift and the same love for pokemon. They were meant to be <3

Preciousmetalshipping GoldxSilver:
    <3 I think I fell in love with this shipping due to a friend on youtube :3 (I think she's the only other preciousmetalshipper I know D: ) They have many cute scenes together :3 like when Silver thought Gold died after going into that weird dimension, Silver looked like he was about to cry D.: also, like I said before, the "opposites attract" sort of thing also attracted me to this shipping. That, and I like Silver :3

Chosenshipping SilverxBlue:
    I've loved this shipping too since I first read about Blue and Silver's past in the G/S/C arc. They care about each other and know each other very well. Plus, they helped each other escape and it's obvious they'd do anything to keep each other safe. (i'm still not sure if I like this ship from a brother/sister view or a couple view, but all I know is, I love it :3 )

Jadeshipping BluexYellow:
    Orenji-chan was the one who basicly introduced me to this shipping, since then, I love it! It's just so cute >w< like orenji-chan said, they care about each other and, like mentioned before, Blue protected Yellow and taught her how to defend herself during they Yellow saga, and she was concerned for Yellow's health after the ship crashed in Fr/Lg.

specialshipping RedxYellow:
    I love this pairing too >w< (though I think it's mostly through influence of my sis. ) It actually wasn't one of my first fav shippings, but I do like it They just make a cute couple.

ha!
    I'm done!
    ..... y'know, I think I just listed all my OTP's up there -has too many-
    (I'm pretty sure I forgot one though..... I'm just not sure which. )

~Here I thought I lost you, when you were here all along.... ~
    I've missed you!
    -Image drawn (hastily) by me-

No one ever told me.....
    What the.. I DID!
    D:

Franticshipping RubyxSapphire:
    This is probably my first pokčmon shipping i've ever followed. (actually, it was hoenshipping, but they're close enough! ) I've always loved the "opposites attract" sort of thing, and I just think they look adorable together >w<! Plus the fact that Ruby wants to keep Sapphire safe at all cost -cough-scar-cough- is adorable! (ugh! I sound really fangirly xD;;; )
    LOL, and that's why you are probably the biggest Frantic Shipping fan I've ever seen.

Magmajewelshipping RubyxCourtney:
    I probably started liking this shipping when Ruby and Courtney REALLY met (Rusturf tunnel ) Even though I don't think Ruby really likes Courtney as more than a friend, I can tell she's interested in him :3 Plus when Courtney gets crushed by those rocks near the end of the R/S saga, she trusts Ruby whit her fire lighter thing -spazz-
    I remember that part.
    She really does like him, doesn't she?
    (Besides, I think it was partly Ruby's influence that made her betray Team Magma and become a coordinator again.

Raltshipping RubyxWally (I think) :
    I swear, I've always loved this shipping since they both met <3 Ruby was concerned for Wally's health when he collapsed after then met. He took Wally back home and helped in fulfill his dream of traveling with pokemon and catching one of his own. Plus, Ruby was really excited when he thought he saw Wally during one of his contests -spazz-spazz- :3
    But it wasn't Wally at the contest, it was his cousin.

Grantedshipping LancexYellow:
    Dah! I don't really know why I fell in love with this ship in the first place, but I just saw some fan art (and some mmv's) and I fell in love <3 Though they don't really have many (or any) love-like scenes, They share the same gift and the same love for pokemon. They were meant to be <3
    I didn't really see anything lovey-dovey either, but I like it.

Preciousmetalshipping GoldxSilver:
    <3 I think I fell in love with this shipping due to a friend on youtube :3 (I think she's the only other preciousmetalshipper I know D: ) They have many cute scenes together :3 like when Silver thought Gold died after going into that weird dimension, Silver looked like he was about to cry D.: also, like I said before, the "opposites attract" sort of thing also attracted me to this shipping. That, and I like Silver :3
    -points to me- I like this shipping too... -_-
    Silver does care... in his own way.

Chosenshipping SilverxBlue:
    I've loved this shipping too since I first read about Blue and Silver's past in the G/S/C arc. They care about each other and know each other very well. Plus, they helped each other escape and it's obvious they'd do anything to keep each other safe. (i'm still not sure if I like this ship from a brother/sister view or a couple view, but all I know is, I love it :3 )
    Yep, and like I said before, they've been together for practically the rest of their lives.

Jadeshipping BluexYellow:
    Orenji-chan was the one who basicly introduced me to this shipping, since then, I love it! It's just so cute >w< like orenji-chan said, they care about each other and, like mentioned before, Blue protected Yellow and taught her how to defend herself during they Yellow saga, and she was concerned for Yellow's health after the ship crashed in Fr/Lg.
    'cuz Orenji-chan is awesome.
    And yeah, I saw that part of the manga, when she catches Yellow after she and Mewtwo came out of the vortex thingy.

specialshipping RedxYellow:
    I love this pairing too >w< (though I think it's mostly through influence of my sis. ) It actually wasn't one of my first fav shippings, but I do like it They just make a cute couple.
    D:
    How can you blame me? -sad-
    *coughRati's influence too Cough*

(I'm pretty sure I forgot one though..... I'm just not sure which. )
    Didn't you like Sappire X Steven?
    BUNP

What the.. I DID!
    D:
    But I don't listen to you D:

I remember that part.
    She really does like him, doesn't she?
    (Besides, I think it was partly Ruby's influence that made her betray Team Magma and become a coordinator again.
    Yeah, I think that if she had never met Ruby then she would have stayed with Team Magma 'till the end.

But it wasn't Wally at the contest, it was his cousin.
    I know that! but He THOUGHT it was Wally.

D:
    How can you blame me? -sad-
    *coughRati's influence too Cough*

Didn't you like Sappire X Steven?
    Oh yeah,
    It's Rati's fault too xD;;
    SapphirexSteven? not really, It's cute, but I don't like it that much.

~Here I thought I lost you, when you were here all along.... ~
    I've missed you!
    -Image drawn (hastily) by me-

Happen to pass by the 'Shippers Community' and saw this thread. I typed while waiting for a game server to be up so I didn't really think much.

FranticShipping [RubyxSapphire]
    My favourite shipping of all. Since they had confessed to each other, it's a canon shipping, isn't it? But whether their relationship will keep on developing or not, it's still questionable. They look cute and funny together because they kept on bickering. And Ruby even took her measurement and made for her 3 sets of cloth. o.O

MangaQuestShipping [GoldxCrystal]
    Another opposite attract shipping. Gold is the happy-go-lucky type while Crystal is the serious type. Crystal looked sad when they thought that Gold was lost in the time. She even cried in happiness when they found out that Gold didn’t died and said, “Welcome back… Gold…”

SpecialShipping [RedxYellow]
    It’s obvious that they like each other. Their fingers were linked together by strings for two occasions. At the end of GSC saga, when Misty called, Yellow was feeling sort of uncomfortable, afraid that Misty would steal Red away from her. It’s obvious she like Red. At the end of the FRLG saga, Red was carrying Yellow in the bride style way. Why is it Red who is carrying her and not Green or Blue or even Silver?! =)

OldRivaShipping [GreenxBlue]
    Another bickering couple. Green only said ‘pesky girl’ and ‘obnoxious girl’ comments to Blue and not any other girl. It’s cute when Green is often annoyed by Blue.

GracefulShipping [WallacexWinona]
    The adult version of Ruby and Sapphire.

MangaAdvanceShipping [RedxSapphire]
    Since there’s MangaPokeShipping, why not have this too? =X I don’t know why I would think of this shipping because they have never meet before. Both are strong battlers and have strong sense of justice.

*Finish typing and run off to patch the game*

Hmm, well aside from the already-mentioned Franticshipping and Gracefulshipping, I LOVELOVELOVE Feelingshipping (Green x Yellow). She's so sweet and he's so... not. XD I could totally see her softening him up. <3 I liked when they trained together, their interaction was cute. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Akari K View Post
    Hmm, well aside from the already-mentioned Franticshipping and Gracefulshipping, I LOVELOVELOVE Feelingshipping (Green x Yellow). She's so sweet and he's so... not. XD I could totally see her softening him up. <3 I liked when they trained together, their interaction was cute. :3
    Oh cool.
    I've heard about that shipping, but it's hard to find people who like it, and won't bash it.....
    (Too many people keep bashing this shipping, but not me.)
    BUNP

Gracefulshipping- With all those hints and practically dramatic pas, this pretty much is my most favored ship in the whole manga. And I swear they should be canon X3!

Franticshipping- A more humorous and kiddy version of Graceful, though I also love the charries' personalities.

MangaQuestshipping- Practically onesided and not much hints but I love the idea. I'm pretty, taking the hint at the hint of GSC, Crystal admires or has taken some sort of liking to Gold. Gold is very reckless and well the only person that can control him is Crys. I would like to believe that Gold will recognize and return Crys' feelings, though I doubt he'll stop flirting with any other girl^^.

Hello, everyone!

Here is the list of shippings that I like!

Specialshipping- First and never gonna be my last! Those two look extremely cute, not to mention the amount of hints by the author! ^^

Oldrivalshipping- They paired up really nicely, and really cute too. Anyway, if Red gets a girlfriend, I doubt that Green would be far behind , no?

Franticshipping- I don't know why I like this, but deep inside me, I found them really suitable with each other.

That's all I think. I am a very lousy shipper, that's why my list is so short. --;
    Quote Originally Posted by Latias 24
    Calling me Lati or Latias would be fine. You would get bored calling me Latias 24 all the time, won't you? I certainly do.

Hmm....just so that I don't let this thread die, Here's something to discuss:

Did you write a fan-fic for one or more of your favorite pairings?

Or

Do you plan to write a fan-fic for your favorite pair?
    BUNP

I have a fan fic that's OldRival vs. Chosen. I like OldRival, but Chosen is just nyah to me.

And I have a oneshot that shows I like GrantedShipping, but also shows my true views of it, and it's mainly FeelingShipping, in which, I like that.

I have never written for my favorite pair, actually. Seeing as I have so many. But, I might write a nice fluffy oneshot for HealthShipping at some point.

Shadow Victini

I have a fan fic that's OldRival vs. Chosen. I like OldRival, but Chosen is just nyah to me.

And I have a oneshot that shows I like GrantedShipping, but also shows my true views of it, and it's mainly FeelingShipping, in which, I like that.

I have never written for my favorite pair, actually. Seeing as I have so many. But, I might write a nice fluffy oneshot for HealthShipping at some point.

Shadow Victini

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast