Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: .:/|~The•Graphics•Club~|\:.

Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    anyway yeah, thats just my personal analysis.... Mr. Youshi, i like your avatars, very clear, very nice, especially the kirla one
    It's Yoshi, not Youshi. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. The Kirlia one is ... not really nice, imo. But, whatever. =D At least some people think it's nice. Made two more.

The first one's blech. The red brush kills it. And the second one... it's okay for me o3o Yeah, and I added a little pale purple musical note... for no reason, it looked ... blank. Yay to those who can actually see it xD;

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yoshi View Post
    It's Yoshi, not Youshi. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. The Kirlia one is ... not really nice, imo. But, whatever. =D At least some people think it's nice. Made two more.

The first one's blech. The red brush kills it. And the second one... it's okay for me o3o Yeah, and I added a little pale purple musical note... for no reason, it looked ... blank. Yay to those who can actually see it xD;
    whoops..... my keyboard sucks
    anyway, i just made a new banner..... tell me what ya'l think..... and if the colours match....
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/abs39h.png[/IMG]

the flaming background is actuall the canadian coat of arms but with a flame effect, and bellossom is supposed to be doing petaldance (hence he yelow japanese thingy... its japanese for petal dance) and the text at the top means canadian sexiness....

anyway, i just made a new banner..... tell me what ya'l think..... and if the colours match....

the flaming background is actuall the canadian coat of arms but with a flame effect, and bellossom is supposed to be doing petaldance (hence he yelow japanese thingy... its japanese for petal dance) and the text at the top means canadian sexiness....
    New banner? Okay, well, the flaming background is kinda random. Plus, Bellossom doesn't have any connection at all with Canada [I think] So Bellossom in a Canadian banner doesn't really ... match. Whut the heck are with the shiny stuff on Bellossom's flowers... :/ and by the way, the Canadian leaf [dunno whut you call it Dx] has white pixels around it |:

[img]http://i32.*******.com/1247hpe.png[/img] [img]http://i32.*******.com/10xax78.png[/img]
    I like these new avatars. The first one is nice and the background gives it a Hawaii feel or a tropical feel. It gives me a slight bit of this good feeling of things. The only thing that I can find that is a no-no or a not-too-sure-that-should-be-there are the lighting effects that look like the sun. They look nice but just seem blinding with the background they have.
    The Kirlia one is nice with the Flora brushes and the whole theme of it. There's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see so I'm going to leave it at that.
    The third avatar doesn't have much to comment on. All I see are some burn effects and knowing some graphic makers, they might have recolored the background or messed with the lighting effects. Not too much to say with the third one.
    Yeah, you're right about the red brushing. It doesn't go with the avatar and kills it along with the plain, white background.
    The last avatar is an improvement. The background is nice but then avatar has no excitement. I'd say give it some effects, even just the super small text or some dashes or something.
    While I'm thinking about it, do you know anybody who might want to join the club because we're pretty dry on members and even dryer on active members.

Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C
    At least you've got the hang of GIMP... mostly. Like Mr. Yoshi said, Canada and Bellossom and Canada don't mix. You shouldn't put images on a banner theme that doesn't match. It's like putting a Gyarados image on a background with a forest on fire and putting the text as 'electrifying.'
    It just doesn't work. The leaf has white pixels around it which is something you should get rid of on any image you see them on. It kills the image and the banner and people go, "WTF?!"
    As for GIMP's lighting effects, know when to use Supernova, preferably with some star effects, lights, or maybe to spice up an attack such as shadow ball, or even just glows. That's one thing for making banners: knowing when to use certain effects. Otherwise, the banner's theme is thrown off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus Master View Post
    I like these new avatars. The first one is nice and the background gives it a Hawaii feel or a tropical feel. It gives me a slight bit of this good feeling of things. The only thing that I can find that is a no-no or a not-too-sure-that-should-be-there are the lighting effects that look like the sun. They look nice but just seem blinding with the background they have.
    The Kirlia one is nice with the Flora brushes and the whole theme of it. There's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see so I'm going to leave it at that.
    The third avatar doesn't have much to comment on. All I see are some burn effects and knowing some graphic makers, they might have recolored the background or messed with the lighting effects. Not too much to say with the third one.
    Yeah, you're right about the red brushing. It doesn't go with the avatar and kills it along with the plain, white background.
    The last avatar is an improvement. The background is nice but then avatar has no excitement. I'd say give it some effects, even just the super small text or some dashes or something.
    While I'm thinking about it, do you know anybody who might want to join the club because we're pretty dry on members and even dryer on active members.
    @First Icon: Heh, you should've seen it without the "sun". It's not actually a beach O_o; it just looks like one. It's actually some parchment-looking texture which I added. It wasn't really meant to look like a beach. I added the "sun" because it looked quite blank, and it exposed the "parchment"-ness because there was some little writing there Dx

@Third Icon: Soft Light [phail], Fill Layers, Selective Coloring, Textures, Color Balance, and Curves.

@Fourth Icon: My friend made a nice icon with a plain white background and a soft brush, thought I'd give it a try. I guess it didn't turn out very nice.

@Fifth Icon: I found a nice little text image on PhotoBucket right after I made the icon D: What luck. And what do you mean by dashes? --- <-these thingies?

and I'll probably put a link to this club on my next sig, not now. No space Dx

thanks ya'll for your wonderful comments i really appreciate it.... hopefully my next hardworked banner will be beter . i need help then, on deciding a pokémon that kind of defines royalty, i want to make a banner with a crown (the colours i am intendng are royal blue and purple) and want a sort of royal pokémon that does with that theme. also.... i want to do the same banner again, but in red, canada's colours, so can a sort of important reddish pokémon be chosen for that as well?

thanks

also.... as an idea for advertising, is it allowed to pm members? because there are some really good graphic artists (nothern lights for example) and maybe a pm inviting them to the club could be a sufficient way to let the right people know we exist?

edit: also ~ how d you get rid of pixels using GIMP?

New Icons!
    [img]http://i32.*******.com/25g6xci.png[/img][img]http://i26.*******.com/34ych2f.gif[/img]

Anyway, Da14u.C

Pokémon that show royalty? Uhmm, Glameow? ): I have no idea. Glameow's a cat, and whenever I picture a Queen, she always has a cat with her (O_o) But I don't think red will match with it at all Dx Uhm, just saying, but not all your banners should be about Canada Dx Not really something I'm complaining about, just a little side comment x: Maybe you can even make your own banner, for your fanfic! For advertising, y'know ;D

And about the members, it's prolly not really ... polite to tell someone to join a club, imo. They must've already seen this club, they just might not wanna join :/ Or you may PM the people on the old club... I guess. But don't force them, people ): if they say no, it's a no.

To get rid of pixels in GIMP? Ask ~.:Northern Lights:.~ or Rikku. I'm not sure how, but in PhotoShop, there's this thing called Magic Eraser. You use that to take out a background, making it transparent. It works best with non-pixelly images, though. I dunno, maybe there's something like that in GIMP?

And anyone have a new topic?

Do you use tutorials to make your graphics?
    Uh, when I was starting on making icons, yeah. I used Angelic Pika's tutorial on her LiveJournal. I tried it, and came up with this Peach Icon [seen in my shop, I think]. Uhuh. But now, no, I don't.

New Icons!
    [img]http://i32.*******.com/25g6xci.png[/img][img]http://i26.*******.com/34ych2f.gif[/img]

Anyway, Da14u.C

Pokémon that show royalty? Uhmm, Glameow? ): I have no idea. Glameow's a cat, and whenever I picture a Queen, she always has a cat with her (O_o) But I don't think red will match with it at all Dx Uhm, just saying, but not all your banners should be about Canada Dx Not really something I'm complaining about, just a little side comment x: Maybe you can even make your own banner, for your fanfic! For advertising, y'know ;D

And about the members, it's prolly not really ... polite to tell someone to join a club, imo. They must've already seen this club, they just might not wanna join :/ Or you may PM the people on the old club... I guess. But don't force them, people ): if they say no, it's a no.

To get rid of pixels in GIMP? Ask ~.:Northern Lights:.~ or Rikku. I'm not sure how, but in PhotoShop, there's this thing called Magic Eraser. You use that to take out a background, making it transparent. It works best with non-pixelly images, though. I dunno, maybe there's something like that in GIMP?

And anyone have a new topic?

Uh, when I was starting on making icons, yeah. I used Angelic Pika's tutorial on her LiveJournal. I tried it, and came up with this Peach Icon [seen in my shop, I think]. Uhuh. But now, no, I don't.
    lol.... i like making banners about things i love... the banner is not necessarily to do with canada but with royalty, monarchies and stuff like that... and glameow is too feminine, i want something masculine.... (i am a guy ) i was thinking of seaking but he/she doesnt look majestic enough..... ~.~

anyway, i like the animated avatar, it looks dramatic , the picture is kind of faded though... isit supposed to be like that?

EDIT: new banner:
    Last edited by Da14u.C; 24th June 2008 at 4:24 PM.

Sad attempt at banners..:

Yeah,its too sharp (thats what Sammi said).

anyway.. C&C will be great!

Sammi helped me..does that count?
    Sexy as ever!

Nope. I used to use tutorials for Paint.Net but I just do what I will for GIMP.

Da14u.C: For recuiting members, I would first suggest posting the link to the club in your signature as a minor advertisement. Then for PMing them, just ask if they would like to join, if not, then oh well. Just let them be and it's their choose whether they decide to join or not.
    As for the new banner, it looks better than your last one. I'm wondering how you created those blue ribbon strips on the banner. The text is hard to read and harder to see. I find it better than your previous banners and I'm not going to say more after that.
    As for royal banners, I would suggest using a royal image for your banner rather than pokemon.
    Mr. Yoshi: Not much to say on your avatars but they look good with the blending done and such. The animated text looks good too. I'm not in a typing mood this morning so I'm not going to say much more.
    Rikku: The banner background looks low quality, I'm not sure why but it looks okay, I suppose. the Shaymin's coloring has been thrown off and it is too sharp. With banners, you don't want colors to end up like that. It messes up the banner and ruins it. Colors are best to match like when you're getting dressed and you want to wear cloths that match.

New banner. I made it as a request. C & C appriciated.
    Last edited by Arceus Master; 24th June 2008 at 5:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus Master View Post
    Nope. I used to use tutorials for Paint.Net but I just do what I will for GIMP.

Da14u.C: For recuiting members, I would first suggest posting the link to the club in your signature as a minor advertisement. Then for PMing them, just ask if they would like to join, if not, then oh well. Just let them be and it's their choose whether they decide to join or not.
    As for the new banner, it looks better than your last one. I'm wondering how you created those blue ribbon strips on the banner. The text is hard to read and harder to see. I find it better than your previous banners and I'm not going to say more after that.
    As for royal banners, I would suggest using a royal image for your banner rather than pokemon.
    Mr. Yoshi: Not much to say on your avatars but they look good with the blending done and such. The animated text looks good too. I'm not in a typing mood this morning so I'm not going to say much more.
    Rikku: The banner background looks low quality, I'm not sure why but it looks okay, I suppose. the Shaymin's coloring has been thrown off and it is too sharp. With banners, you don't want colors to end up like that. It messes up the banner and ruins it. Colors are best to match like when you're getting dressed and you want to wear cloths that match.

New banner. I made it as a request. C & C appriciated.
    Thanks for the advice...
    now, about your banner~:

good> the text looks awesome, what is it called? and i love the way it stands ot yet still matches the colour of the banner. i like the eyes in the background, only visible when careful attention is paid.... and that is a nice pose of newtwo to use, his eyes not visible so that only the eyes in the background are.

not so good> Mewtwo is generally symbolised by the colour purple, and his eyes always tend to be purple or bue or a colour like that, but you have the eyes in the background as yellow which is kind of od in my opinion. also, the two images on either side of the text, repeats of the larger mewtwo and eyes in the bg do not seem necessary and seem a waste of space, i would have sugested mew or mewtwo sprites to take their place

overall> 8.4/10

thats just my opinions anyway.....
    here is a banner i did.... i think i did the text better than i normally do in other banners but i want to be sure that its visible..... anyway, c&c here please:

[IMG]http://i29.*******.com/2s81w5c.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by Da14u.C; 25th June 2008 at 10:44 AM.

Three New Icons!
    [img]http://i27.*******.com/2w7le9k.png[/img][img]http://i28.*******.com/r8fpyt.png[/img][img]http://i28.*******.com/2ia7n11.png[/img]
    Nothing new.

Well, I ... liked this one, I guess. It looks like a fanfic banner... well, if that was what the request was for, you did a nice job. The things that annoy me are .. well, the Mewtwo. Like what Da14u.C said, it's colors can't really be seen anymore. Especially the purple. It looks transparent, in a way. The eyes, too are weird. And the Mewtwo in the corner doesn't really add up any points to me. The outline [?] of the tail makes it look thin, as you can see no other part of the tail. The text stands out a bit too much, too. Overall, it's an okay banner.

Please remember that my ... criticism [?] is based on my "seeing" of the banner. People can have different opinions. I know, my criticism sucks, but what the hell. I like posting here. ... and you use GIMP, right?

Well, I you have improved. You learned to put ... related things into the banner. Well, first one is too ... monotone [?] second one, well, I can't read the text at all. Yohr Hsfafgdsgs. The pink brush "border" isn't very appealing, either. Maybe you should've made it black/white? Since the man on the banner doesn't have a trace of pink on him...? And the image looks like you didn't do anything to it. Perhaps adding some fill layers and selective coloring [I dunno if there is on GIMP ):]

Hah, not much, same as your second banner. Except more squished up. And the image is blurry.

EEDDDIIIITT
    keep forgetting to put it >>
        Spoiler:

Contains foul language, I guess. To all you little kiddies out there ):<
    Last edited by Mr. Yoshi; 26th June 2008 at 12:55 PM.

oooh, i just noticed there was a topic floating around O_o

Nope, i just go with trial and error i have issues following instructions XD

Mr Yoshi ~ i am feeling to lazy to give an in depth comment, but i like the skitty icon very much, the background looks excellent. the other two are good but i dislike their backgrounds....

-waves at everyone-

§-Image Editing Program: Photoshop Elements 5.0 or PS CS3
    §-How long you've been creating graphics: If you count spriting, then two years ago. If not then maybe a year. Not entirely sure though
    §-Your skill level opinion: 5.5 / Decent?
    §-Shop Owned: I had two: Kurachiipu Paradise and.. a n g e l ++ something I think. Both are closed so I won't bother getting the links. :x
    §-Three Examples: I'll put in 3 icons and one banner.

Banners aren't really my strong point so.. yeah. XD;;

A little note, I'll just be rating / c&c'ing graphics for a while since my computer was fixed and every effing program was deleted I'm trying to install PS CS3. XD;;
    s a y o n a r a
    29/10/2013

Da14u.C: Thanks for the crit but sprites never look good on a banner. It was a request so I wouldn't have put any other images on it. I don't feel like getting too into crit for your banners but I'll just say these things.
    1st Banner: It could be the coloring but it seems blury to me.
    2nd Banner: This one is better but the rendered flower's coloring is thrown off and ruins the banner. You want to make sure that images still have their basic shade of coloring when you mess with the render and never make the rendering screw up their coloring.
    3rd Banner: This is just a resize of the first. You never make a banner and then resize it to be smaller. If you make it smaller, take away from what isn't nessecery on the banner and when making it bigger, just add on some sections to either side.
    Mr. Yoshi: The new avatars look nice. I don't feel like criting right now so that's all you're going to get.
    Angelic Pika: Yes! A new member at last! Welcome to the club, feel free to show your banners for C & C among the other members and enjoy your stay here.

Initially I never used tutorials, they distract you from exploring the different areas of photoshop but once you know photoshop then they're required.

Currently I use HDR (High Dynamic Range, used in photo-manipulation) tutorials which help in giving my images a color edge. Sometimes I check out a few pen tool ones too but I don't rely on tutorials very much.

New Banner:

Initially I never used tutorials, they distract you from exploring the different areas of photoshop but once you know photoshop then they're required.

Currently I use HDR (High Dynamic Range, used in photo-manipulation) tutorials which help in giving my images a color edge. Sometimes I check out a few pen tool ones too but I don't rely on tutorials very much.

New Banner:

Three New Icons!
    [img]http://i27.*******.com/2w7le9k.png[/img][img]http://i28.*******.com/r8fpyt.png[/img][img]http://i28.*******.com/2ia7n11.png[/img]
    Nothing new.

Well, I ... liked this one, I guess. It looks like a fanfic banner... well, if that was what the request was for, you did a nice job. The things that annoy me are .. well, the Mewtwo. Like what Da14u.C said, it's colors can't really be seen anymore. Especially the purple. It looks transparent, in a way. The eyes, too are weird. And the Mewtwo in the corner doesn't really add up any points to me. The outline [?] of the tail makes it look thin, as you can see no other part of the tail. The text stands out a bit too much, too. Overall, it's an okay banner.

Please remember that my ... criticism [?] is based on my "seeing" of the banner. People can have different opinions. I know, my criticism sucks, but what the hell. I like posting here. ... and you use GIMP, right?

Well, I you have improved. You learned to put ... related things into the banner. Well, first one is too ... monotone [?] second one, well, I can't read the text at all. Yohr Hsfafgdsgs. The pink brush "border" isn't very appealing, either. Maybe you should've made it black/white? Since the man on the banner doesn't have a trace of pink on him...? And the image looks like you didn't do anything to it. Perhaps adding some fill layers and selective coloring [I dunno if there is on GIMP ):]

Hah, not much, same as your second banner. Except more squished up. And the image is blurry.

EEDDDIIIITT
    keep forgetting to put it >>
        Spoiler:

Contains foul language, I guess. To all you little kiddies out there ):<
    awww, the text was supposed to say "Your Handsomeness". gettit?like "Your Majesty" but Handsomeness instead of Majesty???
    anyway, the image i added (with an oily sort of artistic thingy) was starmie O_o.... thanks for the c&c.... same to you arceus master, i appreciate what u said and i have noted it

oh, btw, Mr Yoshi, i LOVE your banner, i think it ROCKS!!! i got no negative things to say.... i'll probably find something tomorrow when i wake up >: )

welcome new member, pleased to met you

May I join?
    §-Image Editing Program: Photoshop CS2.
    §-How long you've been creating graphics: Two in a half years.
    §-Your skill level opinion: 8-9?
    §-Shop Owned: A while back.
    §-Three Examples:

Kunyo kyot eso ramyon, mout idun dwaedo chohayo
    Handbag, sonsu gongwa dadut han coat,
    Lipstick kunyo kudu kkaji do

I'd like to join.
    §-Image Editing Program: Photoshop CS2
    §-How long you've been creating graphics: 1 year + 3 weeks
    §-Your skill level opinion: 6 (Decent.)
    §-Shop Owned: Many
    §-Three Examples: 1 2 3. Not my best, but eh.
    Last edited by Sammi; 27th June 2008 at 4:44 AM.

Two New Icons!

I'm just here to say welcome to Sammi and Shirota! =D

@ Shirota: I love the second banner you made, really different from everyone else's. The third one is quite bright. A bit too much for me x___x;

@ Sammi: Heh, you already know how much I love the second banner >w<

i am assuming the two new members will be accepted, so: WELCOME!!!

Shirota, i absolutely adore banners 1 & 2.... banner 3 is..... unique (lol negativity isnt my strong point...)

Mr Yoshi, you have got to make me a starmie icon if you please. you are excellent at it.... (i prefer bannes and larger thingies to smaller ones....). <---- i hope that wasnt against the rules.... >.>

oh, new topic!: What are your favourite kind of effects to add to a graphic thingy you design?

I'd like to join.
    §-Image Editing Program:Adobe Photoshop CS2
    §-How long you've been creating graphics: About 7 months (on and off)
    §-Your skill level opinion: 3
    §-Shop Owned: None
    §-Three Examples:1 2 3

The stillness of the deep blue ocean which surrounds us is like our hearts

Cute Pokemon Club
    The Graphics Club

Thanks for the semi-warm welcome, and hi to Sammi, Shirota and Chibbichan. :]

At first when I didn't have a clue on what to do to things, but gradually I would stop and just check out tuts for certain techniques.

What are your favorite kind of effects to add to the graphics you design?
    Either pen tool lines since they're so cool when you make them, or textures and a lot of them since they make it more.. texture-y. Selective Color is an effect right? That's pretty awesome too. :]

Mr. Yoshi: The first icon looks pretty cool to me. But something's missing. Maybe add a little light texture on the bottom left? And the other one seems a little two bright for me. Duplicate the whole, desaturate and put on to soft light or whatever. XD;;

Shirota: Is your second and/or third banner from a tutorial on livejournal? :x I think I might've seen them before. Just wondering though..
    s a y o n a r a
    29/10/2013

What are your favourite kind of effects to add to a graphic thingy you design?
    I like those nice textures ... that when you set them to screen, the black part gets off? ... yeah, those. and Selective Colorriiiiing =DDD I don't really do much to my icons, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Pika View Post
    Mr. Yoshi: The first icon looks pretty cool to me. But something's missing. Maybe add a little light texture on the bottom left? And the other one seems a little two bright for me. Duplicate the whole, desaturate and put on to soft light or whatever. XD;;
    Light texture? Hn, yeah, it does look quite empty now that you mention it ): Prolly next time, I don't usually save PSD files Dx But the duplicating part actually is a good idea. I've never thought about that. Ah, I shall use it on my future crap >:3

Mr Yoshi, you have got to make me a starmie icon if you please. you are excellent at it....

oh, new topic!: What are your favourite kind of effects to add to a graphic thingy you design?
    Heh, I was bored, I made one.
    [IMG]http://i30.*******.com/rutjpx.png[/IMG]
    Haha, really quick one. Not very nice. If you want something else, request at my shop ;D And thanks for the compliment. I don't get that much ^^; Sorry for the crappy icon xD;

aaaannnnd

I think this one's nice =w= It has the Jakotsu touch to it ;D Though I still think I should've put a white 1 pixel border =3=

and welcome to Chibbichan! Hope you have fun here and all~
    Last edited by Mr. Yoshi; 27th June 2008 at 1:33 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast