Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: .:/|~The•Graphics•Club~|\:.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yoshi View Post
    What are your favourite kind of effects to add to a graphic thingy you design?
    I like those nice textures ... that when you set them to screen, the black part gets off? ... yeah, those. and Selective Colorriiiiing =DDD I don't really do much to my icons, so yeah.

Light texture? Hn, yeah, it does look quite empty now that you mention it ): Prolly next time, I don't usually save PSD files Dx But the duplicating part actually is a good idea. I've never thought about that. Ah, I shall use it on my future crap >:3

Heh, I was bored, I made one.
    [IMG]http://i30.*******.com/rutjpx.png[/IMG]
    Haha, really quick one. Not very nice. If you want something else, request at my shop ;D And thanks for the compliment. I don't get that much ^^; Sorry for the crappy icon xD;

aaaannnnd

I think this one's nice =w= It has the Jakotsu touch to it ;D Though I still think I should've put a white 1 pixel border =3=

and welcome to Chibbichan! Hope you have fun here and all~
    i think the icon is awesome! should i give credit? coz i just put it as my profile pic but i dont want to add anything to my signature

definatelylighting effects, all my banners have light and e.t.c. on hem, it adds drama to the banner ( i like drama ) as well as the effect that makes your picture partially see throiugh so that the background can be seen

~oh, by the way, Mr. Yoshi, is that a potatoe in your 2nd icon?????? O_o
    ~Chibbichan, i LOVE your marril banner!!! it is awesome!!! welcome to the club (asuming you are accepted)

In-activeness kills.

Do you use tutorials to make your graphics?
    I used to, and I still do sometimes, but not as much. That sounded wrong.

Colouring effects are a must, experimenting with Levels is fun, and I usually add textures, but not brushes since I haven't figured out how.

I can't make and icons right now, since my computer is having problems yet again, which sucks since I have so much free time becuase it's summer vacation. Anyway, welcoe to the new members.

[img]http://i42.*******.com/2qakz2t.jpg[/img]
    can you hear the counting song of pain? the president.

None of my stuff are from LiveJournal, thank you. I did my own crap with those work.

A nice slap of vintage and grunge. I also display in originality and some love in it. That's what I do with my work.

I wouldn't say "I use them", it sounds like I'm stealing one's work. What I do instead is get the idea and twist it completely so it's not like I used it and it's really something I came up with my own. Otherwise, I don't feel completely true to myself. Why should I even follow someone's way when mine can be a lot better? It's nice to see how they do it, but in the end I prefer doing things on my own.

Kunyo kyot eso ramyon, mout idun dwaedo chohayo
    Handbag, sonsu gongwa dadut han coat,
    Lipstick kunyo kudu kkaji do

Azure Wolf: That's an odd banner for you to make. Not your usually style either. The first two sqaures with flowers in them are good with the recoloring effect and such and the last one is good; the lighting effect blends in nicely but it is really bright and eye-hurting. That's all I have to say since there's not much to the banner.
    Shirota: Welcome to the club.
    Sammi: Welcome to the club as well.
    Da14u.C: Just a note: when make a topic (or any sentence) please use real words and real grammer. I am real picky that way.
    Chibbichan: Welcome to the club as well. All three of you enjoy your stays here.
    Mr. Yoshi: The first two new icons C & C is below. :3
    1st: Even though it doesn't look like you did anything to it but I'm sure you did, I'll just stop at that.
    2nd: I can see the effect done on this. It blends nicely together though there isn't anything else exciting to the avatar. If you haven't noticed lately, I like graphics to be exciting with effects, borders, anything.
    3rd: It seems like everyone that says something they made is bad, is actually good. To me at least. The effect done to the avatar is very nice and I like that.
    4th: Yeah, that's definatly Jakostu's effect. Everything looks fine but I'm just curious, what is that peach-colored object on the avatar? Is that a peach?
    Phoenix Fire: That sucks about being unable to make graphics. Must be bad especially when you've got too much free time.

What are your favorite kind of effects to add to the graphics you design?
    Lighting and render effects. That's just my specialty.
    Last edited by Arceus Master; 27th June 2008 at 4:15 PM.

You're probably right, but then again I like to experiment on different styles.

Grunge + Blurred + Dark

@Azure Wolf: That's a pretty amazing graphic. All the effects, brushes, text, and all of that looks awesome. Although the sky on the top, makes it seem a little weird, in my opinion.

@Arceus Master: Yeah it does suck. But my computer will probably be back by the end of the week.
    Last edited by Phoenix Fire; 28th June 2008 at 4:08 AM.

@Phoenix Fire: Aww, too bad. D: Hopefully your comp doesn't mess up more. You make good graphics ;;

@Azure Wolf: great stuff as usual, I like the nice vector brushes ;DD

@Arceus Master & Da14u.C: Actually, it's a balloon ;; not a potato or a peach O_o;

[IMG]http://i25.*******.com/219xqoy.png[/IMG][img]http://i26.*******.com/nqy51j.png[/img]

I don't know. I tend to draw in my graphics as well as add bright colors with gray.

I've only read around three tutorials and made use of two, that I remember. So, not really.

Also thanks for the somewhat warm welcomes.

EDIT: @Chibbichan: It probably sounds strange coming from someone like me, but even if I'm not a fan of glowy styles (anymore), I really do admire your Marill banner. Something about it strikes me as refreshing. It's actually rather nice.
    Last edited by Sammi; 28th June 2008 at 6:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Wolf View Post
    You're probably right, but then again I like to experiment on different styles.

Grunge + Blurred + Dark
    i love this! it looks awesome, and generally i hate naruto-related stuff..... i especially love the clearness of the text, very nice

Mr. Yoshi ~ i LOVE the avatars, especially the spoink one, it is just ooooooozing cuteness!!! the aipom one on the other hand...... i dunno.... i just dont like it, the lighting effects, the background e.t.c..... but the torkoal one is adorible as welll

arceus master ~ i like your new banner, the one in your signature. did you make it youself? and how did you blend those images together?

new avatar~: [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/ilyghu.jpg[/IMG]
    just trying out something dramatic.... but in a different way from how i normally do it
    Last edited by Da14u.C; 28th June 2008 at 11:16 AM.

@Mr.Yoshi: Thanks very much. You Aipom and Spoink icons look cool, but the Torkcoal one seems a little plain. How much did yo do with it?

New Topic: Where do you normally go to find your resources [textures, brushes etc.]?
    Shall answer it later.

Where do you normally go to find your resources [textures, brushes etc.]?
    I go to DeviantArt for GIMP brushes and DaFont for fonts (obviously).

Azure Wolf: The Azura Design text on the banner sounds like a company you run. Just what I think. That's not my favorite large graphic of yours and porbally isn't your best either. Real life images and artwork images never mix and balance out too well. There's just too much going on and too much randomness happening. There doesn't seem to be any real theme to the banner. There's a sky in one corner, a huge, white glow in another, and arrows and splatters in another. I don't think it's your best graphic.
    Da14u.C: Yes I did make the banner in my signature. Since downloading GIMP brushes and learning all of GIMP's effects, I have moved from requester to banner maker. for blending images together, you go to Dialog>Layer>and from there, you can mess with the opacity and the blending mode. There's plenty of different render effects to choose from but choose the best one, else the image will be too dark or too light.
    Mr. Yoshi: C & C below.
    1st: Pretty basic of an avatar but the text goes with the image. Nice lighting effects.
    2nd: Better but the Spoink in the image looks low quality to me. The shine from the gem looks nice and everything else looks good.
    3rd: Good avatar but I think a purple might have suited better than a pink one.

While someone spotted it, I'll show my latest banner. C & C please.
    Last edited by Arceus Master; 28th June 2008 at 10:46 PM.

I can't really remember. I know that I go to over ten places but out of those I only frequent, what... four?

Original size of the banner featured in my current signature. I resized it since the text was too small for that version, so yeah. I tried something... different. I'd love crits, comment, flames- whatever.
    Last edited by Sammi; 28th June 2008 at 8:48 PM.

[IMG]http://i25.*******.com/fber8y.jpg[/IMG]
    i was just trying out something new... in blue (my least favourite colour ) but it doesnt seem to have turned out too bad... hm..... could ya'll please gimme the good points and bad points?

Arceus Master~: how do you make your text so standoutish? like laminated? if you know how to do it on GIMP, please inform me O_o

O_O no idea..... i'm new to GIMP, before i was all on paint (lol) so am just playing around with the current features.....

Alot of different places, not really a main place.

@ Da14u.C Sig:

Layout is really random. Very,very bad text (bad colour and the placed in a bad spot) and dull background. Try using borders aswell

The stillness of the deep blue ocean which surrounds us is like our hearts

Cute Pokemon Club
    The Graphics Club

DeviantART, Livejournal for textures, brushes. Dafont for fonts.

@Sammi's banner: Awesome banner. I love the feel to it. The textures are placd around nicely as well. Good job.

@Dai4u.c's banner: Well, I suppose it's satisfcatory. Although I must say you eed to be more picky with your pictures, fonts and colours. Don't just use any font or picture you find. Make sure the font you use goes along well with the rest of the banner. And the pictures of Yumichika and Kuchiki-taichou aren't of a very good quality nad areplaced somewhat randomly. I suggest you ask other people who use GIMP, like Aceus Master or Inferno, for advice.

@Sammi: I love the text, and I love how it looks like it was drawn on paper. =w=

@Da14u.C: Uh, well ... once again, it looks like you haven't done much with the images, looks like you just stuck 'em there. Text isn't that great, either, not a nice shade of blue. :/ It looks ... "default". ): Plus, I have no friggin idea whut the hell it says D:

@Arceus Master: I like the banner, just don't like the size. It's a bit long. And also, the right side can be lighter, unless you were going for the whole "evil and good" thing. Y'know, Arceus shedding light upon other Pokemon and stuff =w= I like the brushes used and the Arceus image, too. A bit overbrushed on the right, though.

[img]http://i30.*******.com/2qvc9bo.png[/img][img]http://i27.*******.com/b6c4n8.png[/img][img]http://i25.*******.com/6yegxz.png[/img]
    Oh, yeah, Megatron [I think that's him O_o;] and Optimus were once best friends ... =D So I made it look like an old picture. Sweeney was just something I thought of. And yes, I'm quite repetitive with the textures I use ): The rest were requests ... that failed ):

@Sammi: Love the sig, especially the text. The text is simple and placed in a good spot. The lighten is good aswell.

@Mr.Yoshi: Nice works - not very very good but nice.

An old sig I made long time ago, just so you guys can rate:

I know, I know - No smudging atall.

The stillness of the deep blue ocean which surrounds us is like our hearts

Cute Pokemon Club
    The Graphics Club

1) thanks ya'll foir your comments i really appreciate it
    2) Mr. Yoshi ~ those are pretty avatars (except the last one). i am feeling to lazy to go in depth, but i think they look good
    p.s. the text says "bloom for me"
    3) pheonix fire, do you know where i can get good pictures of yumichika? nice pictures of him are so hard to find.....
    Last edited by Da14u.C; 29th June 2008 at 2:17 PM.

@Dai4u.c: Search for a shrine or fanlisting of him. It might have some screencaps. Otherwise you can look for screencaps for episodes in which he has made an appearance, at places like AnimeStocks, Animay, of AnimeGalleries. Try googling it as well. And btw, it's Phoenix, not Pheonix.

@Mr. Yoshi: Those icons look pretty nice. I LOVE the transformers one, the second one and thirds one are quite nice, although the Sceptile one loks a little dull. I have no comment for the second-last one.

Samz, you just own, aight?

Ah dude, I feel like I missed a lot of stuff. >> Anyway, I'm on vacation and I really don't have so much time sitting my butt around here in the forums. ;\ But did I miss a lot? o_o

Sammi: It's a nice banner. You use a different style with your own banners where as the requests usually have more brushing and effects. The white background is plain but that is fixed with the black radial blur and the texture feel. The radial lens flare or whatever that effect is over the text gives it a very nice appeal. Nice job on the banner.
    Da14u.C: I believe I duplicated the layer, duplicated it once more; moved the top layer over behind the text and lowered it before lowering the render; with the first text layer color, I turned it yellow using Colorize, blured it, and then lowered it beneath the main text.
    Mr. Yoshi: Thanks. I usually make my banner sizes at 300*150 but I made that one 468*100 so it can fit the theme better. Your first three avatars are the best, the other two, I have no comment on. The only one that doesn't look right is the Sceptile one where the Sceptile looks glittery. You said in your shop that it was low quality so it may be that.

[IMG]http://i31.*******.com/30kyezo.png[/IMG]
    Ah, here, Draco Malfoy. Simple icon. And sorry for the inactivity-ness, I'm kinda busy with schoolwork ... kinda ;D So I don't really have time to make icons, either. So it's only one icon.

@Phoenix Fire: Thank you. The Transformers one only took a few minutes to make, actually.
    Shirota: Naw, you didn't miss any important stuff xP

and Arceus Master ... what exactly IS the contest gonna be?

Fruit yes~ Banner and realism is ftw. >>;

Comments?

arceus master, when is the contest going to be? because i start school on August 20th, and i cannot participate in much as soon as school starts..... i have a scolaship to keep....

pheonix fire~: he isnt as popular as i had hoped, i canot find any websites dedicated to him, only to guys like byakuya and ikkaku and kempachi, even that litle pink lieutenant gets a fan website but not yumichika if you knw any websites, please give me a link

shirota, i like your banner but maybe the text could be larger? i know its in chinese (if i squint real hard, i can see it) but if it was larger, that might help.... (but in your signature u say made in korea.... shouldnt the text be in korean?). i also dislike the guys head. the lighting really highlights his nose... the most nnatractive feature on the human face but other than that, i think its cool

@Mr.Yoshi: Pretty nice icon. ... Yeah. I can't find anything to comment on really. Sorry.
    @Shirota: Amazing banner. Border makes it look nice, and the textures have been placed perfectly.
    @Dai4u.C: Sorry, but I myself have never across any sites of Yumichika.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast