Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: A Crasher Course in Power (551)

What wrong with Ash not losing a single pokemon Ash-kid.That shows that he improving.

Yeah but that's shows that Wake is a weak trainer...
    Also the gym battles are more interesting when Ash losing some pokemon...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Ash-Kid, wake's not weak! Ash recalled Turtwig to protect it from further harm and he couldn't use against Floatzel because of Ice Fang. Ah recalled Pikachu to protect it from further harm. Gym leaders can't recall Pokemon. Challengers can. That was Ash's advantage.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Yes that's the reason that I said this earlier-
    "Ash actually escaped from the loses. Quegasire needed to win Turtwig that recalled.
    Floatzel needed to win Pikachu that recalled. "
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wake is not weak. Ash had 2 Pokemon with major advantages. Imagine ash using Staravia, Chimchar and Gligar.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Wake's team was disappointing. Especially Gyarados. Floatzel had power and speed, something Wake's other Pokemon didn't have.

This reminded me of the battle against Wattson; both were easy victories for Ash.

4/10

The Rocket's should've attacked and done that awesome Manga scene of dawn making air underwater.
    Why have we never seen her under with clothes on?
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

What really impressed me the most when I watched this episode is that it was one of the few gym battle episodes where Ash goes through the whole match without having one pokemon declared unable to battle. How often has that happened-

Lt. Surge part two
    Sabrina part two
    Blaine part two
    Jessie (Viridian City)
    (Let's not count Sissy and Danny)
    Luann
    Wattson part one
    Liza and Tate
    Noland
    Tucker

Consider that all the others are either one pokemon or double pokemon battles, that's pretty impressive that he had a three on three with no KO's. That's awesome for this episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    What really impressed me the most when I watched this episode is that it was one of the few gym battle episodes where Ash goes through the whole match without having one pokemon declared unable to battle. How often has that happened-
    Well like you said, most other examples where double battles or one-on-one battles, where, had Ash's Pokemon lost, Ash wouldn't have gotten a badge/symbol.

It's rare but it happens at least once in every region.

You know, I wouldn't even count the 1-on-1 fights or the double battles. That leaves basically Wattson and Wake for a match that is supposed to be 3 Pokemon vs. 3 Pokemon.

I prefer the way they handled the elimination in this match as opposed to Wattson's fight (but I still commend them on trying something completely different with a Gym Leader battle back then). The fight with Wake showed good effort and match-ups between both trainers. We didn't have to sit through a Pikachu Power-up Pulverisation.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I'm glad Ash is starting to use his head and choosing pokemon that have advantages against his opponents types, it really shows his growth. Buizel did fantastic in this match and I liked this battle. Good episode.

I was quite surprised that Ash won this without losing a single pokemon. It shows he's getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    It's obviously an OTTER, which I believe is closely related to weasels anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by PokéKT View Post
    I thought it was a sea dog. :P

I gotta watch it first. :S
    Buziel is the "Sea Weasel" Pokemon.

Wow, Ash managed to beat a(nother) gym leader without his other Pokemon getting slaughtered. You don't see this every day.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Yes Ash beat Wake 3-0. That was his biggest win against a gym leader I think

Yah, I think it was the biggest win against a gym leader too.

Never Give Up

This episode was very cool. It was cool to see Buizel be the major role in this Gym Battle. It was interesting to see that Quagsire knew Sludge Bomb and Ice Beam, to be able to counter Grass-Type Pokemon. 2nd Gym Battle in a row Ash didn't lose any Pokemon in the battle. Turtwig vs Quagsire was very disappointing... It would've been a lot better to see Turtwig take Quagsire down. It was cool to see Buizel take down Quagsire and it's big rival Floatzel. The way Buizel defeated Floatzel was so clever. It was cool to see Pikachu take down Gyrados. Even though Pikachu and Buizel had an arguement before the battle, when Pikachu's back was frozen by Ice Beam, Buizel was a good sport and used Water Gun to break the ice off. It was cool to see Buizel use Ice-Aqua Jet to defeat Quagsire. It was cool to see Pikachu's Volt Tackle be the move that finishes Gyrados off. It was cool to see Ice Fang for the 1st time, used by Floatzel.

90/100

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910