Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Crasher Course in Power (551)

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Holy crap, Buizel took out two pokemon? And Ash had a flawless victory? Wow. Just wow. Anyway, how exactly did Pikachu beat Gyarados (because I'm assuming he did)? And what was that Brock was wearing? A jacket or something?

That was a lot of questions...
    It looks like Brock's wearing a haori.
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

Once again, can anyone tell me the matchups??

Quote Originally Posted by aipom1234 View Post
    Once again, can anyone tell me the matchups??
    Well from what i heard, the matchups were like this,

Gyarados Vs Pikachu - Pikachu Wins (Pikachu is Withdarwn for the next set)
    Quagsire Vs Turtwig - Turtwig is Withdrawn
    Quagsire Vs Buizel - Buizel Wins
    Floatzel Vs Buizel - Buizel is Withdrawn
    Floatzel Vs Pikachu - Pikachu is Withdrawn
    Floatzel Vs Buizel - Buizel Wins
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th June 2008 at 6:18 PM.

So how did Quagsire freak Turtwig out so much? This is a Turtwig capable of taking down a Rampardos, remember? And Buizel's glory days had better end now for a while- it's been a bit too much of a star, really. Even when the earliest Buizel fans were demanding that Ash get it I didn't expect it to overshadow the starters this much.

So how did Quagsire freak Turtwig out so much? This is a Turtwig capable of taking down a Rampardos, remember? And Buizel's glory days had better end now for a while- it's been a bit too much of a star, really. Even when the earliest Buizel fans were demanding that Ash get it I didn't expect it to overshadow the starters this much.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Poor Turtwig, all your screentime used by the stupid....whatever hideous creature Buizel is suppose to be. As for gyms, I believe Ash one had to use one pokémon at the Mauville Gym.
    i think its a weasel lol its sorta in the name

Did Paul appear in a flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    So how did Quagsire freak Turtwig out so much? This is a Turtwig capable of taking down a Rampardos, remember?
    Well it seems that the reason Turtwig was withdrawn was because of Quagsire using Ice Beam which damaged it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    i think its a weasel lol its sorta in the name
    It's obviously an OTTER, which I believe is closely related to weasels anyway.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

I thought it was a sea dog. :P

I gotta watch it first. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    Did Paul appear in a flashback?
    Could somebody answer my question, please?

no he didn't appear at all.

Why do I have the slight urge to say FLAWLESS VICTORY in a Mortal Kombat tone.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Well, so much for Buizel being weak. I hope now people will quit complaining about Buizel's so-called losing streak and Ash not being able to defeat the gym leader first time around.

This is how I picture Ash's team by the end of the Sinnoh Saga.

'cause its so.....why are not we rejoicing! celebration.............!!!!

Well, I hope we don't see Buizel for a while. I'm sick of it.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

I agree. And Turtwig definitely should have had a bigger role in this one, especially since he has hardly been seen since Eterna.

Even though I don't like Turtwig it's kinda sad it had such a small role in the episode compared to Pikachu and Buizel.

It's kinda like Chimchar in the Veilstone Gym but better because Turtwig was not defeated and Chimchar was.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian88 View Post
    Well, so much for Buizel being weak. I hope now people will quit complaining about Buizel's so-called losing streak and Ash not being able to defeat the gym leader first time around.
    Heh, wonder how powerful Buizel will be once it evolves.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

What are Wake's Pokemon's moves?

And the irony is that they are both starters, and got neglected in their respective gym battles. And they were both upstaged by Buizel.

The only starter out of Buizel's reach is Piplup, and it still looked like crap because it got thrashed by Lucario and Buizel tied with it.

If it wanted to be the new Charizard, then its getting there fast.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Okay, who's doing the writing here? Because the gym battle feels a bit off. O_o

None of Ash's Poke faint and... it felt rushed. Pikachu defeated Gyarados with ease, I was expecting it to put a bit of a fight. And I hardly find it believable for Buizel to defeat a Quagsire with that Ice Missile Aqua Jet strategy especially in one hit.

Everyone is whining and complaining about Buizel getting the spotlight in two straight gyms, but I personally like it, and that has nothing to do from me being a Buizel fan or not (which for the record I am). It just shows that the writers are making things a little more realistic. Let's face it, if Pokemon was reality, you do whatever you can to win battles. There wouldn't really be a spotlight that was on different Poke every time. So, Buizel has been dominant and Ash uses him to win two badges in a row. Seems more of a reality to me.

I do however think Turtwig not even getting one win is a little odd. I predicted a long time ago that this gym might be when he evolves, but, that might not even be happening now. Either way, I expect Turtwig to have a big gym coming up, and Buizel probably sits the next one.

I SWEAR a week ago that people were complaining at how weak Buizel was, not it's "the new Charizard".

WTF?

ANd in Some magazine, it was said that Ash would win multiple gyms in quick succession, so....

Quote Originally Posted by TheShark View Post
    So, Buizel has been dominant and Ash uses him to win two badges in a row.
    But Buizel hasn't been dominant in Ash's team. This is Buizel's first big win.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast