Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Crasher Course in Power (551)

I'll agree with everyone else, the Gym battle was around average territory. Nothing too bad but nothing all that great either.

I did roll my eyes at yet another Pikachu Vs. Gyarados fight. Hey, go back and watch Claire's Gym in Johto, now THAT was a much better Pikachu Vs. Gyarados battle.

Is it just me or does Pikachu battle against Gyarados and Milotic more than any other water Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by mystkmastkal View Post
    In the past 3 gyms at least one of the pokemon used there gym leaders signature TM move.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I touched upon this in the speculation thread. The fact that they're rushing things a bit before the movie comes out unfortunately leaves Wake with only half the episodes that the previous 3 leaders had, so here's hoping they pull a Gardenia and bring him back for a future appearance. He's portrayed as a wacky enough character that they could really do some entertaining things with him.
    Maybe Wake will show up later to teach Ash's Buizel how to use Brine and kill two birds with one stone.

Or even better, he'll return along with Wallace and the two will battle to see who is the better Water Gym Leader. Wake would lose horribly of course, but it would be nice to see the difference between a Water Pokemon-user who excels in elegance against one who relies on brute strength. *Waits for the Misty fans to recommend demand she be included*

But I guess if she had to come back that would be pretty interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post

I'm a little shocked at how fast Quagsire was taken down by Buizel after Ash withdrew Turtwig cuz of the Ice Beam. And then no more action, oh well. At least Buizel isn't on a losing streak any more.

Also, wow. The changes in people's opinions is fast. Buizel the next Charizard? No way. He respects Ash it seems, and I think he has bonded with him.
    I agree; Buizel already seems closer to Ash than it ever was to Dawn.

And, although I do see their point, I can't help but chuckle at all the people who were whining about how Buizel was underused and never got to do anything back before it was traded to Ash, and now are whining about how Ash uses it all the time and it wins everything. Wasn't that what you wanted? The only reason that I sympathize at all is that Staravia, Chimchar and to a lesser extent Gligar have all gotten the same treatment and by and large have gotten no redemption like Buizel has. I really hope they do before their tenure on Ash's team is over.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Decent Gym battle, but I found it odd that Dawn didn't put on her cheerleader outfit and cheer for Ash.
    *sig under construction*

buziel once again shows just how awesome he is but after showing such power i think it'd ba fairly rediculus if he doesn't evolve almost as soon as the 11 movie is over. seriously how can you be that powerful and not evolve? yes i know this is at odds with my earlier post of pokemon not needing to evolve call it a change of opinion. after watching this i loved buziel even more then i did but yeah i just got the unshakable feeling that if it didn't evolve it would be really weird and not very plosable. i expect it to evolve the next couple of episodes after the 11th movie.

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    buziel once again shows just how awesome he is but after showing such power i think it'd ba fairly rediculus if he doesn't evolve almost as soon as the 11 movie is over. seriously how can you be that powerful and not evolve? yes i know this is at odds with my earlier post of pokemon not needing to evolve call it a change of opinion. after watching this i loved buziel even more then i did but yeah i just got the unshakable feeling that if it didn't evolve it would be really weird and not very plosable. i expect it to evolve the next couple of episodes after the 11th movie.
    How is it not plausible exactly? Look at some of Ash's other Pokemon.

Ice fang is cool but not as icebeam. And floatzel shouldn't faint cause of a little water pulse.

Credit to Gladeshadow for the MD Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Linoone View Post
    Decent Gym battle, but I found it odd that Dawn didn't put on her cheerleader outfit and cheer for Ash.
    She was scared of what Wake might do to her if she happened to wear a longer skirt. Who knows what that madman is capable of when he's had a few...battles.

Anywho, the battle was watchable. I think with everyone saying about him not being stronger than the previous ones, he's technically the same as Maylene. Only, Ash has been training since he left Maylene, so he would be stronger than he had been. Thus making the anime link into the games slightly.

I like Ice Fang more than I did when it was in the preview. It's basically a normal bite, just that it's not attached to Floatzels mouth.

What was that attack Floatzel used anyway. Not Razor Wind, the one where he had a red glow.

Also, if you watch again, you'll see that Floatzel did actually take a few hits. Not just one Water Pulse.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    S

What was that attack Floatzel used anyway. Not Razor Wind, the one where he had a red glow.
    I'm sure I heard Crasher say "Build up"

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I heard that, too. Build up what, though?

It could have been Agility, I suppose. Maybe Bulk Up.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

WHY.DONT.THEY.GIVE.GYM.BATTLES.TO.IWANE?

Stupid japs, letting Iwane do "the road to becoming a pokemon stylist" instead of the gym battle...

^
    I honsetly don't think Iwane's skill would have been enough to save this from mediocrity. Besides that, the pokémon stylist episode has the potential to be entertaining anyway, since there's endless amounts of bizarre crap you can do with a pokémon like Lopunny, minds outta gutta plz.

I don't think (statement of the day) I could top Suikun's post even if I downed a gallon of sugar enriched caffine. The Savoury Slammer throws in a gravy stained towel for a TKO.

This episode was like watching Lions at the zoo. On one hand, it's cool, because you're looking at flesh-rendering predators up close. On the other hand, it's boring, because they're just lion around. No movemnet you see. Or shitty movement, depending on whether or not it's feeding time.

Point is, while they did a lot of things right here (ie. avoiding the age-old cliché of final showdowns), there was something about it that was oddly jarring, and as such, this just came off as mediocre. It wasn't just the almighty MAJESTY of Takeda's BRILLIANT animation SKILL that didn't thrill me, trust me on that one.

But having said that, Gyarados' face exploded. And really, isn't that what pokémon battles are about? Ridiculously large explosions impacting the most unfortunate of areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko_Hasano View Post
    And Team Rocket's relaxation in the Great Marsh. It's always fun when we have an episode where they aren't trying anything evil, AND aren't even anywhere near Ash and co. And they didn't get blasted off and were able to enjoy a nice peaceful time... I'm so happy T_T.
    Definitely... the idea of using the Great Marsh as a spa was just pure genius. Nice to see TR get a happy beginning AND ending for a change.

DeviantART Studio Jupiter (TBA)

Good episode, but bad animaion like the past 88 posters said. Something anbout that Quagsire bothered me though when it came out the Pokeball it was just...ugh, and to answer Iota it was Bulk Up.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

but why would Bulk Up confuse buizel? Buizel did become confused, did not he?

Buizel became confused because somehow Floatzel was able to reflect Buizel's Water Pulse back to it (or should we be saying him? Male Buizels have two spots on their backs right?).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

After actually watching the episode, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought that the Buizel Vs Floatzel match was really good. Not as epic as Vs Lucario, but still really good. I don't see why everyone's complaining about the animation so much. Looks fine to me.

This is how I picture Ash's team by the end of the Sinnoh Saga.

EASIEST GYM BATTLE EVER SINCE AT WATT
    PIKACHU KO GYRADOS
    2 WITHDRAWS
    BUIZEL KO QUAGSIRE
    2 WITHDRAWS
    BUIZEL KO FLOATZEL(IF NO WITHDRAWS ASH WOULD HAVE LOST)

4 badges HALF WAY!!! YUSH!!!!!!
    2 RIBBIONS FEELING DAWN WONT WIN ANOTHER RIBBON TILL ASH HAS 5 BADGES
    THEN 4TH RIBBON AT 7TH BADGE
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    How is it not plausible exactly? Look at some of Ash's other Pokemon.
    it's just a very weird feeling i got while watching this cann't really explain it but i couldn't convince my self buzeil wasn't garrenteed to evolve after watching this. even thinking that he wouldn't evolve seemed weird to me.

any ways looking at ash's other pokemon bulbasaur is even more powerful then buziel there's no denying that but he had the chance to evolve and choose not to so it seems much more plausible (when or if buziel gets a chance to evolve i don't see him refusing) and squirtle to me doesn't seem all that powerful he was hardly used really i kind of think buziel would owen him if they fought but thats just me.

actually thinking back i guess he was used fairly often but he still doesn't seem that powerful to me.

I'll kill the writers if they don't evolve Bouysel. Flowsel looks and is so kickass, being able to reflect almost every attack with those yellow expandable things. Would certainly open up a lot of new options for Satoshi when he has a pokemon with an awzum defense like that.

oh guys, how nervously I´ve waited for this relieving news!
    Just brilliant!
    Not only that for the first time Ash won his gym badge at first turn (apart from his win against Gardenia which yet was preceded by the "pre-battle" in the Eterna Forest that imo has to be considered a half-official defeat), it also seems to be a flawless victory and therefore Ash definitely deserves it.

Seeing that a well-deserved victory is actually no illusion but possible, I´m wondering why the writers didn´t make use of this popular kind of victory in the past much sooner. Almost every gym battle I´ve experienced until now ( and I´m an old Pokemon veteran who has been watching Pokemon for 9years) was decided quite narrowly and could as well have ended in the gym leader´s favor.

So, dear writers, why didn´t you spare us all these times full of sorrows about Ash´s future a bit sooner? ^^

Well, with this amazing victory, I can finally get rid of all those doubts which were painfully vexating me during the last weeks.

Thank God, everything has come to a good end (or: everything´s well that ends well)

See you!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    So, dear writers, why didn´t you spare us all these times full of sorrows about Ash´s future a bit sooner? ^^
    Because winning everything without losing any pokemon always will be pointless and boring. It doesn't show Ash's development and it will be extremely predictable to know he will always win not matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Because winning everything without losing any pokemon always will be pointless and boring. It doesn't show Ash's development and it will be extremely predictable to know he will always win not matter what.
    Exactly, if Ash beats the gym leaders like he did Crasher Wake or Wattson, how does Ash expect to win the sinnoh league if he breezes through the Gym Leaders without resistance?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Exactly, if Ash beats the gym leaders like he did Crasher Wake or Wattson, how does Ash expect to win the sinnoh league if he breezes through the Gym Leaders without resistance?
    So blowing through the gyms like Paul did to Maylene means you fail?

Ok i know losing occasionally is a good thing, but while it may seem boring, having Ash do that for a gym run is the only real way to show his improvment as a trainer(not that it will likely ever happen since the writers are cowards when it comes to giving Ash power), and it would prove he would be capable of facing down and E4 squad as well, boring or not it's the only way i see him capable of becoming better long term.

Constantly restarting and using rookie class pokemon that hardly develop(and by this i mean Evolution, i don't care about attack learning because it doesn't mean you get stronger, or how a pokemon acts) to win his battles will get him no where, cause it's like a infinite loop that never breaks, and just gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    So blowing through the gyms like Paul did to Maylene means you fail?

Ok i know losing occasionally is a good thing, but while it may seem boring, having Ash do that for a gym run is the only real way to show his improvment as a trainer(not that it will likely ever happen since the writers are cowards when it comes to giving Ash power), and it would prove he would be capable of facing down and E4 squad as well, boring or not it's the only way i see him capable of becoming better long term, constantly restarting and using rookie class pokemon to win his battles will get him no where, cause it's like a infinite loop that never breaks.
    Apparently the demographic in Japan want Ash to always restart though so letting Ash use bigger Pokémon may result in a drop in ratings, thus the animé is constantly going to force Ash to restart.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast