Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kirby Klub

Default The Kirby Klub

Alright, first things first, I spelt club, "klub" intentionally, you know cause Kirby starts with K and they sound the same anyway. Anyway, welcome to the Kirby Klub. I made this topic because I love Kirby and his series so much yet I took a look at the club list and noticed Kirby didn't have his own club, well I think its about time he got one. This is a place where all SPP members can come and discuss all things Kirby. We have a few rules and here they are!

1. All SPPF rules apply
    2. No Kirby bashing (seriously this is a Kirby club, if you don't like Kirby why would you even come here...well, I suppose there have been cases where someone is a fan of the Kirby franchise but not the character Kirby, that leads us to our next rule)
    3. No character bashing (If you absolutely have to don't just say stuff like "Meta Knight is lame." or "King Dedede is dumb.", you can say you dislike a character, but give you're reasons instead of just saying the characters is stupid, I hate *character* etc., this is just unacceptable)
    4. Try to keep the discussion on a PG level, while I do love Kirby and I am 14, a lot of Kirby fans are pretty young, so try to keep swearing, etc. to a minimum.
    5. No one-liners (I really shouldn't have to post this though, you should be able to read the stickied topic yourself)
    6. Only the owner (me) or co-owners (none yet) can approve members.
    7. Don't get TOO off topic, if you say something thats a little off-topic thats okay, oh and in case you're wondering, you can talk about Smash but try to do it only if it relates to the Kirby characters, stages etc., you can talk about stuff in smash more than just Kirby, but try not to do it TOO much, a little is okay and try not to make the entire thread about smash, this is NOT a place to exchange Brawl FCs etc. do that in a thread that allows that or PM if Kirby Wii (if it ever comes out) or the Super Star re-make have Wi-Fi features then you can exchange FCs for those games, but they won't be out for quite awhile.

Seriously...compared to most clubs, we don't have many rules, they shouldn't be too hard to follow

Anyway, feel free to discuss all things Kirby, <(-^.^-)>

Member List

1. Pete the Unstoppable (Owner)
    2. Dattebayo
    3. manaphee
    4. awlccl123
    5. jeremyruano
    6. coolwonder
    7. Pikablu the pokemaster (Co-owner)
    8. Riversong
    9. Copygoo (Co-owner)
    10. Wiimote
    11. Mr.Palkia_7389
    12. Ventus3
    13. Metamence

Banners

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/841...bbannercd8.png
    Made by: Pete the Unstoppable (Star Master Kirby)
    Notes: There aren't any direct links to where I got any of the images in this banner, the pics of Kirby were ripped directly from episode 1 of the Hoshi no Kaabii anime and the Kirby logo was ripped (and slightly edited) from the Nightmare in Dream Land title screen.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/606...banner2nx9.png
    Notes: There aren't any direct links to where I got any of the images in this banner, the pics of Meta Knight were ripped directly from episode 1 and episode 19 of the Hoshi no Kaabii anime and the Meta Knight's name was ripped (and slightly edited) from the Revenge of Meta Knight Title screen from Kirby Super Star.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/540...banner3xp8.png
    Notes: There aren't any direct links to where I got any of the images in this banner, the pics of King Dedede were ripped directly from episode 1 and episode 2 of the Hoshi no Kaabii anime

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p.../eeepscopy.png
    Made by: Riversong

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...clubcopy-1.png
    Made by: Riversong

[img]http://i28.*******.com/28vpqgj.png[/img]
    http://i28.*******.com/28vpqgj.png
    Made by: Copygoo

Remember, if you use the banners, please give credit to whoever made them.

Userbars

Owner/Co-Owner Userbars

1. Owner

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4...4763882qi3.png
    Made by: Pikablu the Pokemaster

2. Co-Owners

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7...4765210au0.png

User userbars

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2...4692652nl4.png

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6...4869023ct4.png

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9...4869961mz4.png

Remember, if you use the userbars, please give credit to whoever made them.

Here's the discussion to start the thread off!

Who's you're favorite Kirby character?

Mine is Kirby, ^_^

Why: Well, because he's the most cutest lovable little guy ever. (in the anime) He's almost always happy and cheerful with a smile on his face. And considering his age, he is pretty smart. Also, you can't forget his ability to inhale and copy his enemies powers, that is awesome!
    Last edited by Pete the Unstoppable; 16th July 2008 at 6:11 AM.

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

I would like to join the Kirby Klub please. I'm a big fan of the franchise since Super Smash Bros.

Who's your favorite Kirby character?
    Metaknight because for some reason, I have a fetish with sword users and he's my 5th main in Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I would like to join the Kirby Klub please. I'm a big fan of the franchise since Super Smash Bros.

Metaknight because for some reason, I have a fetish with sword users and he's my 5th main in Brawl.
    Sure Dattebayo, you can join. Welcome to the Kirby Klub! And doesn't everyone main Meta Knight, lol. I use him, but he's more of a secondary than main now, there was a day I used him like crazy, now my Kirby's terrible. I'm desperately trying to get good with Kirby now before Critical Hit 3, its a big Smash Tourney on July 5th. Eh, I might be getting a little off-topic. Anyway, the point is, I want to get good with Kirby so I can say I main someone other than Snake/Meta Knight/King Dedede lol.

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

Looks like no ones joining the club yet. Maybe we should PM members to join in.

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Advertising is the last thing I want to do, it makes the club look desperate. Meh, I just need to be more active on the forums, people will see it in my sig (I hope).

I would like to join, if that's OK.
    Kirby! Kirby is just too adorable to let down, and he's awesome. Kirby even has awesome Smash Bros Brawl attacks, you know, like being able to take another players special attack and use it! I love Kirby!

Quote Originally Posted by manaphee View Post
    I would like to join, if that's OK.
    Kirby! Kirby is just too adorable to let down, and he's awesome. Kirby even has awesome Smash Bros Brawl attacks, you know, like being able to take another players special attack and use it! I love Kirby!
    Sure manaphee, you're now a member of the Kirby Klub! Just like me you're a Kirby fan ^_^. Kirby is definately too adorable to let down. Copying abilities are great, but what I really like about Inhaling is Kirbyciding. Its won me a tournament match against a Meta Knight, <(-^.^-)> Also, since you use Kirby in smash, I'm gonna give you some advice. Gonzo Combo. Grab then forward throw then up air then grab again (don't dash) then forward throw again then up air again. Now you can forward smash or down tilt. Gets up to 51%. Doesn't work on all characters though.

i would like to join.
    Blue Kirby (little Kirby if you get the reference

Quote Originally Posted by awlccl123 View Post
    i would like to join.
    Blue Kirby (little Kirby if you get the reference
    Sure you can join! Blue Kirby, little Kirby? I can think of 2 characters you're referring to, either Gooey or Meta Knight. Or...Gonzo? Anyway, welcome to the Kirby Klub!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete the Unstoppable View Post
    Sure you can join! Blue Kirby, little Kirby? I can think of 2 characters you're referring to, either Gooey or Meta Knight. Or...Gonzo? Anyway, welcome to the Kirby Klub!
    Actually little Kirby was a fanmade character. Little Kirby is a blue Kirby made by a user on Youtube named Megaman765, even though he isn't a really big Kirby fan. If i can't say that because he is fanmade, then my favorite Character is probably Daroch.

I would like to join!
    Kirby of course!He's cute,small,and adorable.Not to mention he's my main in brawl I've gotten more than 300 KOs since I began using him.Meta Knight is awsome too.
    Please let me suck your blood <3

If it isn't too early, i would like to suggest a question.
    What is your favorite copy ability
    Hard to decide, either Ghost or Yo-yo.

If it isn't too early, i would like to suggest a question.
    Hard to decide, either Ghost or Yo-yo.

What is your favorite copy ability?
    Sword Kirby, because once he becomes Sword Kirby, he wears Link's hat.

Can I join? If theres I'm bother to anybody
    Favorite Copy ability?
    Hmm I'm in the middle of Sleeping kirby or sword kirby, I think sword because he has a cool hat and powerful moves
    Last edited by Coolwonder; 28th June 2008 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Only typed two lines

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyruano View Post
    I would like to join!
    Kirby of course!He's cute,small,and adorable.Not to mention he's my main in brawl I've gotten more than 300 KOs since I began using him.Meta Knight is awsome too.
    Sure, you can join, I'm glad we have so many fans of Kirby, he's my fav character too!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwonder View Post
    Can I join? If theres I'm bother to anybody
    Eh...as much as I want to let you join, I'd probably get in trouble if I allowed a one-liner. Its 2 sentences technically but...edit you're post and make it longer

Anyway,

Sword, Fighter and Smash. Its a 3-way tie. I've always been a Sword Fan but what really got me into Sword Kirby is the Sword Beam from the anime. Fighter, well, sending giant energy blasts and punching people with energy, well, it just is great. And Smash Kirby, well, Kirby has mixed moves from my favorite games, Super Smash Bros. (it wouldn't be my favorite if Kirby wasn't in though)

ok so I made my edit. Can I join now?
    Did you mean that when I make the edit I can join?
    Last edited by Coolwonder; 28th June 2008 at 8:40 PM. Reason: need two lines

Wow, a Kirby Klub... I'll join!

What is your favorite Kirby copy ability?

Wow, that's a tough one... I loved yo-yo back in Kirby SuperStar, but for modern games I'll choose sword... It's a hard decision to make.

Soon, (once I'm able to get off of the wii's internet channel and on to a laptop) I'll send the Owner a userbar that he can add to his first post for the public to use...

Quote Originally Posted by Pikablu_the_Pokemaster View Post
    Wow, a Kirby Klub... I'll join!

What is your favorite Kirby copy ability?

Wow, that's a tough one... I loved yo-yo back in Kirby SuperStar, but for modern games I'll choose sword... It's a hard decision to make.

Soon, (once I'm able to get off of the wii's internet channel and on to a laptop) I'll send the Owner a userbar that he can add to his first post for the public to use...
    Sure you can join. Yo-Yo is pretty good against Marx but still doesn't make the fight as easy and boring as Plasma lol. Also, coolwonder you are a member now too, ^_^

Well, the userbar turned out better than I expected, and I decided to post it here instead of sending it to SMK, but it might be under some expectations:
    [img*]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2061/511214692652nl4.png[/img*]

I'll make a different one for the owner and co-owners if they are wanted.

Who's your favorite Copy Ability?
    By the Way, Can I be Co-Owner?
    Sword kirby, or LUCARIO KIRBY!!!!

I'd like to be co-owner too! But anyway...

New question or 2nd question...

Which Smash game did you like/use Kirby in the most?

I used him the most in Melee, but I probably like him the best in Brawl.

He won't just pick a Co-owner like that! if he did, i would want to too, but pikablu_the_pokemaster might have the best bet for making the Userbar.
    Melee, i think i was better with him i melee.

Pikablu, thanks so much for the userbar! Pikablu the Pokemaster, you can be a co-owner, but just as long as you tell me that you can make time for the Kirby Klub. Also, I would like it if you made owner/co-owner userbars but it is in no way required...Anyway!

Brawl definately!

I can't remember too much from the 64 I was too young, but I know I did main Kirby in it. In Melee, I mained Kirby for about 2 years than started maining Ganondorf (my brother picked on me for liking Kirby so I lost interest, but I'm a Kirby fan again now, ^_^). By the time I had got back into Kirby, Brawl was just a few months away so I decided to keep Ganon as my Melee main til Brawl. In Brawl I was finally able to main Kirby and let me tell you I love how good he is! Although I'm not the best smasher, the best I've done in a tourney is top 33 in a 65 person tourney.

Anyway, tier list-wise, this is how good Kirby is in each game.

SSB 64: Top Tier (2)
    SSBM:Bottom Tier (24)
    SSBB: (there is no tier list YET, but according to character rankings he's C-rank/borderline which would be about Middle Tier).

Anyway, I like Kirby the most in Brawl!

Brawl. He's improved a lot since Melee, and best of all, you can cancel his down B move when he lands.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast