Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to save 5th gen. Pokemon

Default How to save 5th gen. Pokemon

I've heard that a lot of people like Pokemon, *activating flame shield,* and some have begun to think that it's turning downhill. The evolutions of pokemon, the origionality, the storyline, the graphics, and a lot of gen. 4 were dissapproved by fans. It had many strong points, but some people are noting on "The End of Pokemon."

What would you want in gen. 5 to "save" pokemon? Graphics, storyline, game mechanics, evolutions, post them and be specific.
    I scream in the night for you... Don't make it true...Don't Jump....
    The Lights will not guide you through, they're deceiving you, please don't jump...
    Don't let memories go of me and you, the World is down there, out of view... Please...Don't Jump... Don't Jump!

... And if all that can't hold you back... Then I'll jump for you.

There will be a 5th gen becuz they make alot of money from pkmn but I'm afraid that the future pkmn will be less appealing...they will be designed just to be there

You aren't supposed to discuss fifth gen.

OP, it's pretty weird that just now people are complaining about the plot/storyline. Since everything about Pokemon plots in the games, movies, anime, and manga are essentially the same thing. Professor whatever serves the same role as the previous professor, Misty and Dawn serve the same roles, and each and every episode of the anime and end of the games talks about the power of friendship blah blah blah

And yeah, no one is going to love every single Pokemon. It happens. Just pick your favorites and have fun.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Here are 37 things I want in a good Pokemon game hopefully in the 5th gen I know its a lot but would be fun and all of it has been done before just needs to stay or come back

1) More New Pokemon
    2) New Type Combos (Fire/Bug or Ghost/Grass so on)
    3) New Evos and Pre-evos of old pokemon from 1st-4th gens)
    4) Better GTS system (Where you can see stats and other info and one with out clone glitch too bringing back the rarity of most pokemon)
    5) Less Legends a trio and 2-3 Main Legends will do just fine
    6) More main battles add more gyms or a bigger league and make them tougher to beat
    7) Let your team leader follow you if you want to make it able to be turned on and off
    8) Better story Line and a longer one
    9) A bigger and tougher Team/Gang
    10) Make said Team or gang have a vast amount of pokemon to pick from because the same pokemon over and over is boring
    11) Keep time of day feature
    12) Keep Breeding feature in (they have to lol)
    13) Keep the underground feature in it helps with the Items you find there
    14) Above ground and below ground hide outs
    15) Keep the gender difference feature in and ad it to more pokemon
    16) New Items and Balls should be added an keep most of the old stuff to
    17) Add many more attacks
    18) Add a lot more Abilities
    19) Add the old cell phone ( the thing that trainers and th prof and you mom would call you on) thing from G/S/C that was fun
    20) Keep safari zone/marshy areas in love those places
    21) Add Pokemon to some of the types that are lacking in number like say Fire and Ghost and Dark and Dragon (make some not legends or high up in the dex like the Dragonte or Salamance line and so on)
    22) add all the HMs from all gens and make them useful and a must use to get to different places
    23) Make a lot of pokemon available in one cart kinda like it is now
    24) Up the amount of version exclusive pokemon to make Trading more of a core feature
    25) New ways to evolve
    26) Keep the radio (From G/S/C) and tv show features in
    27) Keep the types of starters the same its a core feature in the game
    28) New ways to breed new items and such
    29) Make an even amount of both single and double battles
    30) Keep the pokemon contests in
    31) Make the Battle Frontier in the first series of games in that gen
    32) Keep battle tower and battle areas in
    33) Bring back PokeBlocks and keep the Pokebeads (Pufin) in at the same time (different stat numbering depending on the type of food and way its made)
    34) Bring back the under water areas makes sense to catch some pokemon there
    35) Make Differnt pokemon only catchable in certain Times of day and certain types of weather
    36) Keep Shines in
    37) Keep Pokerus in

People are stupid.

With new evolutions, if they look too similar, they complain, too different, they complain, when the evolutions are somewhere in between, they complain.

They complain about how unoriginal the designs are and how things like Ditto are way better.

They complain when they bring something new, yet complain about the lack of originality.

Johto is apparantly the best game ever, while DP sucks because they copied a lot from previosug eneratiopns (as if Johto didn't). One good example is how they complain on how "boring ti is that they reuse the plot of using your starter to defend yourself against wild Pokemon."

Its only been the second time they've done that, and as if the scenerio given in GS is any better.

Fans are stupid. Period. They will never stop complaining.
    Last edited by "L"; 25th June 2008 at 8:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeFreak001 View Post
    4) Better GTS system (Where you can see stats and other info and one with out clone glitch too bringing back the rarity of most pokemon)Very doubtful.
    5) Less Legends a trio and 2-3 Main Legends will do just fineAlthoug most people want fewer, Gamefreak will probably keep the number high.
    6) More main battles add more gyms or a bigger league and make them tougher to beatIt's a kids game, so that's unlikely unless the game allows travel to old regions.
    7) Let your team leader follow you if you want to make it able to be turned on and offI doubt that they'll add pointless features like that that are really only in the anime.
    8) Better story Line and a longer one
    9) A bigger and tougher Team/Gang (9,10 and 11)Again, it's a kids game so these will have minimal improvements at best.
    10) Make said Team or gang have a vast amount of pokemon to pick from because the same pokemon over and over is boring
    13) Keep the underground feature in it helps with the Items you find thereThis feature may not return, just like Above ground bases didn't.
    14) Above ground and below ground hide outsSee above.
    19) Add the old cell phone ( the thing that trainers and th prof and you mom would call you on) thing from G/S/C that was funThat was basically on the Pokenav in Emerald as well, and may or may not return.
    21) Add Pokemon to some of the types that are lacking in number like say Fire and Ghost and Dark and Dragon (make some not legends or high up in the dex like the Dragonte or Salamance line and so on)It's very unlikely that they'll even the types, but there will be more of each every generation.
    22) add all the HMs from all gens and make them useful and a must use to get to different placesWhy do you want like 10 HMs? You can barely have a usable team with that.
    24) Up the amount of version exclusive pokemon to make Trading more of a core featureI don't think that would be fair to fans without WiFi or another DS. And most people would be annoyed if 20-30 Pokemon were missing from their game.
    26) Keep the radio (From G/S/C) and tv show features inYou can only really hope for that.
    29) Make an even amount of both single and double battlesI think that would be a bit unrealistic.
    31) Make the Battle Frontier in the first series of games in that genDoubtful, as that is one of the main selling points of the third edition.
    33) Bring back PokeBlocks and keep the Pokebeads (Pufin) in at the same time (different stat numbering depending on the type of food and way its made)Pretty pointless to have both in at the same time.
    34) Bring back the under water areas makes sense to catch some pokemon thereI think it would be better if it were a tm like headbutt was in gen two.
    Everything I deleted will definitely be in, so don't worry about it.

Nice L. *puts quote in sig*

I agree that GS was the best Pokemon game ever, though. I don't know why. It just appealed to me somehow. And Pokemon hasn't really gotten boring! I find it very fun with online trading and such. It makes it much easier to get events that I have missed in the past. But some things that I would like to see in 5th Gen:

More new Pokemon (duh)
    Keep the Poketch. very useful, or add another Poketch-like thing, depending on how the new game system will be like (though I imagine it'll still have a touchscreen, or else it won't be backward compatible O.o)
    More penguin Pokemon!!!1!
    Better GTS. Like that one guy with the long list said. But couldn't they add this in Platinum, too?

Well said, "L".

Quote Originally Posted by ChariMence View Post
    I agree that GS was the best Pokemon game ever, though. I don't know why. It just appealed to me somehow.
    I believe the reason GS appeals to people is the fact that it's the new "old" generation. RB was once the same way, until the remakes and everyone had their fill of the good old days. I've always loved to pick up the older games and plug 'em into my GBA, just to relive the memories of a bygone era.
    GS is in no way "better" than any other generation. It's just a tad more appealing, sometimes.

By the way, often the people that complain about how the new pokemon desings suck are the same people that have a favorite pokemon from the 4th gen as their avatar or in their trainer cards. So obviously they don't care as much a they let on.
    Last edited by YellowHat; 25th June 2008 at 8:48 PM.
    IT'S FINALLY BACK!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/vg1ovt.jpg[/IMG]
    Ultimate Face-Off Owner

Winner: for Adventure Face-Off Red and Blue Version!
    Credit for userbar goes to
    ~.:Northern Lights:.~

^Yeah, that's what I meant by "best Pokemon game ever" too bad I lost it a long time ago =\ But that's OK I bought it off my friend for a cookie! So now I play it again once in a while =] But let's not turn this thread in to a GS or GS remake thread.

And yeah, it's those who have the 4th gen Pokemon avatars, I've noticed. Notice my avatar? It's 2nd gen! Yay!

"L" has officially pwned this thread.

No matter what, fans complain.
    Something about Pokabu, right?

Put this in your sig if you think Profesco is hot (started by Ethan)

One thing that could save t is TRAINER CUSTOMIZING. Its pretty much the only thing that the pokemon games have ever lacked.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    "L" has officially pwned this thread.
    "L" pwned everything with that statement. Everything except Chuck Norris, that is.

Sorry, I've been reading those stupid things too much, I'm hooked. ^^;

Back on topic, what I would in a Generation V game is *activates flame shield aswell*:
    1) Less use of internet slang, that drove me nuts in DP
    2) A hidden message in the game that says "Stop complaining about everything we do, we're working our rears off for your amusement. Signed, GameFreak."
    3) More Pokemon with Foreign Dex entries
    4) NO MORE MILOTIC/SPIRITOMB RIP OFFS!!! Jeez, two insanely hard to get Pokemon is enough. >_<
    5) Contest Finals.
    6) Ability to rematch Gym Leaders
    7) Poketch App: Honey Tree Checker: Tells you what Pokemon are on a shaking honey tree, and where your honey trees are
    8) More Side quests
    9) Battle Frontier
    10) A GTS that prevents hacked Pokemon from being traded
    11) Mini games galore
    12) Up the OverWorld Speed
    13) New Pokemon
    14) Keep the time of day features
    15) E-4 rematch feature, like in FRLG
    16) More Items
    17) Less trade evos
    18) Making Garchomp less of an Uber ripoff
    19) Making some Ubers catchable (Lugia, Ho-oh)
    20) *doubles power of flame shield* Ability to go to all regions
    21) The return of the "Text" system from GSC/RBY instead of the stupid phrase system of now
    22) The ability to chain 2 Pokemon at once *still considering that idea*
    23) Two more Eveelutions
    24) Bring back Dive and Underwater areas
    25) 2 new Unowns: Comma and Period
    26) More trainers
    27) More Gender Differences
    28) Keep Pokerus, Shinies, EVs, and IVs
    29) Reference to the YES town thing of RSE
    30) Beldum evos: Switch TakeDown and Metal Claw
    31) More moves
    32) VS Seeker in caves
    33) More verity in Pokemon, so that you are not stuck with one Pokemon for a type (points at Infernape and Rapidash)
    34) National Dex available at the beginning of the game
    35) A reward if you get all the Pokedex Required Pokemon, like a Mew or something
    36) 22 boxes
    Last edited by Umbreon-dana; 26th June 2008 at 5:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana View Post
    36) 22 boxes
    Is there a significance to that number?
    Remember kids, trolls are here to prepare you for the real world! Listen to them!

and

Don't talk about hackers! They're very sensitive!

I'd love if there were:

1.Evolutions of Legendaries
    2.An actual PLOT
    3.Harder gyms and E4
    4.More things to do besides training and battling

But that's not gonna happen. Nintendo will probably always stick with the same old formula.

God kills a puppy, rapes an angel, and gives us another High School Musical sequel everytime there's a 5th Gen thread.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Personally, the thing that turned me off the most about the 4th generation is that they are still following the same exact formula from the original games after so many years. Choose a starter that is fire/grass/water, have your rival choose the starter strong against you, travel around the region facing your rival and getting all 8 badges, stop Team ________ from causing havoc, and become champion. With little to no changes to the formula after so many years, it has become quite tedious. Colosseum and XD had the right idea in mind when it came to mixing up the formula, though it was executed terribly.

I'm not saying they have to completely change it, but having an objective other than "get one of 3 starters, become champion of the region and defeat Team _____" would be nice.

-Littercube-

Quote Originally Posted by -BJ- View Post
    Is there a significance to that number?
    Gen 3: 14 Boxes
    Gen 4: 18 Boxes
    Gen 5: 22 Boxes

Plus four every time.

Edit: Rank up

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post
    God kills a puppy, rapes an angel, and gives us another High School Musical sequel everytime there's a 5th Gen thread.
    So that's why there's so many pointless HSM sequels. I thought it was simply bad luck! O.O

An intricate and riveting plot always helps.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    An intricate and riveting plot always helps.
    Yeah, but I highly doubt Nintendo will put that in a cartoon animal game. Or any of its games, for that matter.
    Last edited by Cryptozoologist; 26th June 2008 at 6:04 AM.

bring Dive back, why'd they have to remove it?

Also remove Honey and bring something like Headbutt back. Honey sucks, unless the pokemon comes immediately, not after 9+ hours. Also make the pokemon rare. Who likes to wait nine hours and comes back just to see a low level Wurmple >_>
    Formerly, Chariking

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptozoologist View Post
    Yeah, but I highly doubt Nintendo will put that in a cartoon animal game. Or any of its games, for that matter.
    Then I guess you've never played any Nintendo game besides pokemon.

Every thing's fine so far. Maybe they could add a destructive 100 ft. monstrous worm pokemon.

Different type starters. Really getting sick of Water/Fire/Grass, Not really a reason for it either :\

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

i would like more side missions, gym remaches, and more evos of old pokemon.
    -puts up flame shield-
    and they arn't going to change the starter types, it has always been that way, and it will always be that way. All you people who want these massive overhauls are trying to change pokemon into some other game. if your not happy with it, go play something else.
    signatures are over-rated

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast