Thread: Eyes (Ikarishipping, Rated G)

Default Eyes (Ikarishipping, Rated G)

I wrote this on FF.net and I decided to put it here, seeing as Ikarishipping's pretty popular. If you like this oneshot, you should take a look at my fic 'Except Me', even if Ikarishipping isn't the main one.

Anyhow, here's a quick little summary: Shinji won't admit it, but some things are just so irresistable that he just can't ignore. Like a certain girl's shining sapphire eyes.

I hope you like it! XD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shinji glanced up from his notebook and noticed another student in his class catch his eye. She immediately looked back down at her work, avoiding to lock eyes once more. He decided to ignore this, though he couldn’t help but notice the girl’s shining sapphire eyes. Shinji preferred to keep everything to himself but his interest couldn’t be hidden well enough.

“Shinji... You okay? You look strange!” Satoshi interrupted Shinji’s moment of thought. He looked over at the girl, his jaw dropping. “You’re not interested in her, are you? She’s my good friend and stuff. To date her would mean dealing with her friends, which like I said, includes me!” Shinji rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders, indicating that he didn’t care.

With a smirk, Shinji glanced over at Satoshi’s schoolwork and pointed out an obvious error. Satoshi clenched his teeth and erased the mistake hastily before scribbling off in his textbook again.

‘If I were date to her...’ Shinji pondered silently, ‘I’d have to deal with Satoshi. But that also means he’d have to deal with me.’ He clamped his textbook shut, having finished his work. Shinji always finished his schoolwork first.

Noticing this, the blue-eyed girl whispered, “Hey Shinji. Can you help me with this? I’m a bit stuck.” Shinji raised his eyebrows and considered the question. He remembered that this girl wasn’t the brightest in the class, which was an aspect Shinji thought she could maybe improve on.

“The bell’s going to ring soon. Go get Satoshi or some other freak to help you,” Shinji responded with a glare, though he wasn’t sure why he was always this way. Everytime he spoke, he never looked happy. Maybe that’s a trait he admired in this girl. She always held her head high and smiled with a twinkle of confidence in her eyes. Shinji wanted to slap his forehead. ‘Again with the eyes!’ he thought to himself.

“Shinji, are you okay?” the girl asked just as the bell rang. The students immediately began packing up their books. The teacher dismissed the class but Shinji remained in his seat. He was always the last to leave apart from the students who had detention after school. The girl pulled out the hair band keeping her hair up in a ponytail, letting her long flowing hair down. “Man, it’s so annoying to always do my hair in a ponytail so it’s out of my face!” the girl commented, nodding at Shinji with a grin.

Shinji decided to get up and exit the classroom, slinging his backpack on one shoulder. The girl chased after him and grabbed at his free arm. Turning his head, he glanced at the girl, finding himself gazing into her eyes once more. “What do you want?”

“I needed help with the work, remember?” she replied, holding up the textbook she used for the subject the students had as their last class for the day. “It needs to be finished tomorrow, so why don’t you help me with the work? Like I study at your place or something.”

His eyes widened. He could already imagine the comments Reiji would make if he brought home this girl. ‘I always act like I don’t care. So again, I’ll just not care what Reiji says...’ Shinji thought to himself. Freeing his arm, he fully turned his body to face her. “I suppose 

so... I’ve finished all my work and have nothing better to do... So what the hell is your name, anyway?”

The girl dropped her textbook to the floor, flicked some strands of dark blueberry hair out of her eyes, crossed her arms and glared. “You forgot my name again? It’s Hikari!”

Shinji smirked at her. “I was kidding this time. I know your name. Come on, let’s go. I am not missing the bus because of your pesky ways.” Hikari blinked, unsure how to react except start walking with him.

On the other hand, Shinji was annoyed with himself. “I did forget her name. It’s not my fault, her eyes are distracting.” And once more, he glanced at those eyes he couldn’t resist. The sparkling ocean blue eyes that belonged to Hikari.

And now he can look at those eyes all afternoon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's kinda short and I think Shinji was a tad OOC. But I hope you liked it anyway. Some of you might have already read this fic on FF.net, but yeah. Please review and take a look at my other fic!

Oh, Happy Ikarishipping Day!

Adios!

Ooh, I really liked this! Ikarishipping isn't my favorite Hikari shipping, but I still like it.

This was really great! lol @ the protective Satoshi. So cute. xD Shinji seemed pretty in character to me, though I guess it's just hard to imagine him having feelings for anyone. I thought it was funny when Hikari thought Shinji forgot her name, but actually knew it. I can imagine Reiji teasing him about bringing Hikari over, too, haha. I really liked the way you described Hikari's eye and incorporated it into the title/theme of the fic. Overall, nice job!! I love your fics.

Sorry, I didn't come sooner Mel, I kept forgetting, but I'm here now =D

so... I’ve finished all my work and have nothing better to do... So what the hell is your name, anyway?”

The girl dropped her textbook to the floor, flicked some strands of dark blueberry hair out of her eyes, crossed her arms and glared. “You forgot my name again? It’s Hikari!”
    LOL, wow, you have a talent for humor, seriously, I crack up every time I read what you write =D

And once more, he glanced at those eyes he couldn’t resist. The sparkling ocean blue eyes that belonged to Hikari.

And now he can look at those eyes all afternoon.
    Oh... kawaii~! <3

I love the fanfic Mel, just wished I reviewed to it sooner, than I could have been first to review >D

Can't wait for what else you decide to post =)
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

I've got to say that was a nice fic
    Wonder what the pokemon were doing while Satoshi, Hikari, and Shinji were at school

Wow, more people reviewed my other oneshot... But ah well!

Chelc - Yeah, I just realised that people are more in character when it comes to my chaptered fics than my oneshots. Ah well! I really want to write Reiji into a fic actually... I may as well throw him in Except Me when I'm up to the part of the story where he can fit right in... *shifty eyes* Aw, I'm glad you enjoy my fics! XD Thanks for the review!

Uzamaki Hinata - Wow, a talent for humour, thank you! Haha, now I have people competing to be first reviewer... Woohoo! Heheh, I totally forget what else I was going to say. '^_^ Anywho, thanks for the review!

kitty123 - Eh, I probably should've mentioned it, but this is an AU. So no Pokemon. Though if it wasn't, my guess is that they're at home..? Damn, i had something really witty to say but I forgot it too. Thanks for reviewing!