Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Shipping do you think has the the maximum capacity to be Canon?

Red face Which Shipping do you think has the the maximum capacity to be Canon?

I feel it's Rocketshipping. It's canon in the Manga and it's just a matter of time they become a couple in the Anime!XY-63 has raised my expectations.
    Last edited by JessicaTR; 22nd December 2015 at 11:31 AM.

I feel that it would be AmourShipping. It seems to have everything going for it, including Ash and Serena's chemistry and how they used to know each other at a young age. I'm no Amourshipper, but I'd keep a close eye on that one.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

Ash X Pikachu

In my heart I think Amourshipping has the biggest chance to end up as canon cuz of how Serena has a big crush on Ash. Ash just needs to realize that Serena likes him which is a stretch given how he almost never notices love, but hey things can change ha ha. When X&Y ends he might become more mature and end up with Serena. :3

I'm not much of a shipper, but I have to say that it will probably be Jessie and James. They're the only ones whom have been consistent with the show as partners. Excluding Ash and Pikachu, whom I do not think will ever be made canon.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Legends Untold
    Science Division

Do manga ships count? Because I think Specialshipping out of all of them have the best chance at becoming canon.

Definitely Rocketshipping. Jessie and James have been together since the very beginning and I honestly do believe they are a couple. It wouldn't be right to me if Rocketshipping didn't become canon in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post
    Do manga ships count? Because I think Specialshipping out of all of them have the best chance at becoming canon.

Definitely Rocketshipping. Jessie and James have been together since the very beginning and I honestly do believe they are a couple. It wouldn't be right to me if Rocketshipping didn't become canon in the end.
    I agree on Rocketshipping. It should become canon whenever an Ash shipping goes canon. Also, if we're discussing manga ships too, even though I haven't read any except for some B&W minis, shouldn't Franticshipping be up there?
    Sig to be updated eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I agree on Rocketshipping. It should become canon whenever an Ash shipping goes canon. Also, if we're discussing manga ships too, even though I haven't read any except for some B&W minis, shouldn't Franticshipping be up there?
    I already see Franticshipping as a canon ship. They may not be together in the manga but they confessed. So yeah, Franticshipping is already canon, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post
    I already see Franticshipping as a canon ship. They may not be together in the manga but they confessed. So yeah, Franticshipping is already canon, imo.
    Oh, I see. I personally don't call a shipping canon until its members are actually in a romantic relationship. But still, I think Amourshipping has some decent potential still, and Rocketshipping is not far behind :3
    Sig to be updated eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexya428 View Post
    I'm not much of a shipper, but I have to say that it will probably be Jessie and James. They're the only ones whom have been consistent with the show as partners. Excluding Ash and Pikachu, whom I do not think will ever be made canon.
    Hmm you have a point there since Jessie and James have been partners in crime for such a long time. To me tho they don't have as much chemistry in newer sagas as they had in older ones however so I'm not sure if I'd still support them ending up as a canon couple. ^^;

Rocketshippingggg

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Ash X Pikachu
    All of this.

Although RocketShipping probably has the best chance to be canon, and now Brock has a better chance with ending up with (a) Nurse Joy.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I think the shipping with the maximum capacity to be canon would be RocketShipping, AmourShipping, or one of the Brock ships.

RocketShipping because Jessie and James have been partners in crime for a long, long time - since the beginning of the anime.

AmourShipping because Serena is the first female travelling companion to have an obvious crush on Ash - also, Ash and Serena have history.

I also think there's a high chance the writers will go, "It's about time poor ol' Brock finally found someone" and pair Brock with somebody.
    Important note: I will be out of the country on vacation and most likely without any Internet access from July 22, 2016 to August 13, 2016.
    During this time, all of my projects (Art shop, fiction writing, etc.) will be put on hold until I get back.
    Sorry about the inconvenience!

Author's Profile | Art Thread
    Tumblr | Shipping List | Claims

"You're a smart girl, Autumn," Ms. Bay said warmly. "I'll make the truth clear to you, Autumn.
    Your dreams do mean something. You are destined to be a Storyteller."

An original story for Camp NaNoWriMo 2016
    4,560/50,000 words

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    I think the shipping with the maximum capacity to be canon would be RocketShipping, AmourShipping, or one of the Brock ships.

RocketShipping because Jessie and James have been partners in crime for a long, long time - since the beginning of the anime.

AmourShipping because Serena is the first female travelling companion to have an obvious crush on Ash - also, Ash and Serena have history.

I also think there's a high chance the writers will go, "It's about time poor ol' Brock finally found someone" and pair Brock with somebody.
    This...It'd be awesome if Brock came with Pike Queen Lucy as a canon shipping. I mean it was interesting that she was the only girl to blush for him....mostly because she loves his eyes(and maybe that only).

Let's be real...I better see Cynthia and Ash as the canon couple by the end of this series LOL kidding...but Ash better have a canon relationship by the end of the series and kinda hoping it'd be Amour

Don't worry gastly you'll be an artist soon enough D:

I also felt that Contestshipping could be canon as well since May and Drew have so much moments with each other as well.

Does "canon" = becoming a couple/reciprocated feelings?

Are we talking about only main character pairings?

Then top 5:

1. Contest: It was practically canon anyway even though Advance was far better and best pairing.

2. Poke: It started from early Kanto, and became a full subplot in Orange Islands. More or less confirmed that Misty had feelings for Ash, and one could easily argue he had feelings for her but was too immature or young to notice them. Perhaps the decision to prolong the series and begin the tradition of new region/new girl is what stopped the end-game.

3. Amour: Confirmed Serena likes Ash. So far unrequited, but that could change if the writers ever decide to make it more than a marketing tool and a gag.

4. Pearl: Serena's feelings should have been given to Dawn. Her and Ash became platonic instead.

5. Rocket: Why not? They've been together forever.

Thank you American--Pi for the banner!

If we're ignoring the obvious Rocketshipping and Ash and Pikachu Bromance to the max... Pearlshipping tops the list of pairings between main characters. Ash and Dawn were co-stars, not just Ash and his companions. They're the only two that sing a duet "High Touch" (these types of things matter a lot in Japan) and their subtle hints and high chemistry have been noted both in DP and BW2. Before you clamor there have been other duets in Pokemon, this was literally Ash and Dawn singing, not 2 strangers singing together. Hell, they even have their own manga where it's just the two of them on their journey through Sinnoh. Their promotion levels are other worldly...

Spoiler:- GIF!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    4. Pearl: Serena's feelings should have been given to Dawn. Her and Ash became platonic instead.
    Someone hasn't seen the subs for High Touch...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Someone hasn't seen the subs for High Touch...
    Eh? Y'know I did say it became "platonic," as in Ash/Dawn is like the Harry/Hermione of the anime - should have gone romantic, but didn't.

But in terms of song hints, the Squirt Queen of Hearts card showing Misty and his mom as his two most important women in his life is a pretty big one.

geez am i the only one who loves ash and iris? when they argue ash has an expression like he really wants to get along with her and iris is passionate and... eh... pretty?! (im only on the seventh episode lol dammit you cant expect me to pull out their marriage certificate)

the point is, i ship them and ash/cilan/iris is my favourite trio in the whole world of worlds D

The A m a z i n g Skylander Sylveon
    Drop me a message!

Eh? Y'know I did say it became "platonic," as in Ash/Dawn is like the Harry/Hermione of the anime - should have gone romantic, but didn't.
    XD Again, did you read those lyrics man? http://pearlshipping-datacore.webnod...s/high-touch1/ (Oh no not a Pearlshipping website, how could I haha)

But in terms of song hints, the Squirt Queen of Hearts card showing Misty and his mom as his two most important women in his life is a pretty big one.
    But did they sing a duet together? Anyway that opening was from the Hoenn region era, more specifically the Battle Frontier, before Ash met Dawn. Also, it's Spurt, not Squirt lol

XD Again, did you read those lyrics man? http://pearlshipping-datacore.webnod...s/high-touch1/ (Oh no not a Pearlshipping website, how could I haha)
    Yeah, I know. You could interpret it as platonic as well.

And it's not like I didn't rank it altogether. The first three are hard to top.

But did they sing a duet together? Anyway that opening was from the Hoenn region era, more specifically the Battle Frontier, before Ash met Dawn. Also, it's Spurt, not Squirt lol
    Kek, yes my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylander Sylveon View Post
    geez am i the only one who loves ash and iris? when they argue ash has an expression like he really wants to get along with her and iris is passionate and... eh... pretty?! (im only on the seventh episode lol dammit you cant expect me to pull out their marriage certificate)

the point is, i ship them and ash/cilan/iris is my favourite trio in the whole world of worlds D
    I like it too but it has zero canon potential.

Rocketshipping and Wishfulshipping are pairings that I think have a nice chance of being canon. I think because we always see them together and I think both couples have some nice hints and a nice fanbase.

Yeah, I know. You could interpret it as platonic as well.

And it's not like I didn't rank it altogether. The first three are hard to top.
    Pokeshipping was cool back when we had no idea how long Pokemon would run for, but with every new generation, it gets left in the dust imo.

Kek, yes my bad.
    Come on, step it up Nah I'm just messing with ya, it's a simple mistake

Pokeshipping was cool back when we had no idea how long Pokemon would run for, but with every new generation, it gets left in the dust imo.
    Well, if the show keeps up not bringing back any of the past girls from before the last gen (even Iris hasn't shown up in XY yet), then Pearl might find the same fate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast