General Discussions Thread
Aureliashipping refers to the pairing of the characters Ash and Lillie of the Pokemon anime!
❥ Who are they?
Ash Ketchum (Japanese name: サトシ Satoshi)
The protagonist of the anime who, together with his main partner Pikachu and the Pokemon he catches along the way, has traveled through several regions and had many adventures.
In the current time of writing, Ash is going to a Pokemon School on Melemele Island, where he is getting to know and befriend his classmates and learning about the Pokemon in Alola, whilst also taking on the Island Challenge.
Lillie (Japanese name: リーリエ Lilie)
One of the new secondary protagonists introduced in the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime. She is extremely knowledgable about Pokemon, a topic she's very passionate about. However, for some reason, she is scared of getting close to or touching a Pokemon, something she denies herself.
Despite her fear, and her love for learning about Pokemon being greater, she is also enrolled in the Pokemon School, and is one of Ash's classmates.
❥ Why ship them?
Although the anime doesn't have much in the way of definite romantic hints (atleast yet), there have been some cute scenes of interaction between the characters! And considering the series has almost just started, there are many episodes ahead with potential development of their relationship (whether it ultimately leans more towards friendship or romance).
Their personalities mesh really well, where they are very similar in some areas (like their love for Pokemon) and more opposite in others (while Lillie is a more cautious and careful person, Ash is very impulsive and energetic). This makes for a very cute dynamic.
Basically, it's just incredibly cute! ~_^
- All Serebii Forum Rules and The Shippers Community Rules apply!
- No bashing other members, or other ships! Be kind and respectful.
- Make sure to stay on topic and contribute to the discussions.
- It is okay to be skeptical or express doubts about the ship, but if it's just solely for the purpose of being stubborn, annoying, or low-key ship bashing, then that is not okay.
- If you would like to share fanart you've found around the web, that's great! But remember NOT to post the image directly in the thread without the artist's permission! If you don't have permission to reupload/post the art, but would still like to share it, simply share the link to the page/website where the artist themselves have posted their art. Show respect to the artists' hard work!
Spoiler:- Members List:
*Note to new people who would like to join as members:
If you would like to become a member and have your username added to the members' list, I would really appreciate it if you could explicitly say so. ^^ This way, I won't be accidentally adding people to the members' list who maybe don't want to be there (seeing as it's perfectly fine to post in this thread even if you don't want to join as a member/ship aureliashipping), and so that I don't miss out on people who do want to be members, but I for some reason thought didn't.
That said, besides being an Aureliashipper, there are no specific requirements for joining! Whether you're a multishipper, only ship Aurelia a little, you prefer other Ash ships but like this one too, or Aureliashipping is your OTP4EVAR:
It's completely fine.
There's room for everyone onboard the S.S. Aurelia! (づ♥ᴥ♥)づ
Just remember to follow the rules, be kind and civil with eachother, and have fun.
★ Introductory Topic for New Members:
Why do you like this pairing, and what made you ship it?