Page 211 of 269 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6701

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

What would the AdvanceShipping song be?

"Call Me" by Shinedown, in my opinion. No, it isn't one of those pop songs about actually calling each other. Give it a listen and you'll see what I mean.

I don't know if this question has already been asked, but I'm going with it.

What, in your opinion, makes Advanceshipping most plausible?

Discuss, nya~
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever
    AaMayL

Read my first fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World and please review!

Quote Originally Posted by sailormikumoon View Post
    I don't know if this question has already been asked, but I'm going with it.

Discuss, nya~
    Clarification:

1) What factor makes Advance most plausible?

or

2) Why is Advance more plausible than others?

I'm going to answer number 1 -The similarities of their personalities, and the fact that their relationship was positive from the start as opposed to the previous, more antagonistic beginning to Ash's time with Misty.

Well, their friendship is a relationship I have not seen from any of the current girls in the anime. Misty, was more demanding and tomboy and there were times where she yelled to get things done but towards the end, she calm down and the two left on a good note. But for Misty it was a heartbreaking one.Dawn and Ash had that mentor-relationship Ash shared with May but it still didn't have that bond or relationship I loved Ash and May shared. Not to add Dawn's character just dropped after the Wallace Cup and suddenly come back towards the end. Iris was like Misty but in a childish manner, she wasn't yelling or tomboy. She was simply a wild child. Still, I don't understand why she followed Ash. It's not like he burnt her bike. xD

Maybe because they have so much in common that seeing them together is not totally impossible. Early in AG both where going to challenge gyms together until May was introduced to Contests. Also they have a huge passion in food and even though we didn't see Ash's giant desire in food as much like in the past, he certainly made up for in with May by his side. Also both seem to agree on many things without turning it into a argument like we have seen with both Misty and Iris.

So the bond Ash and May throughout AG and BF was truly a one of a kind and I can't see myself shipping another pairing as much as I do with Advance. Ash and May shared something so unique and true that will make other pairings hard to meet.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 24th January 2013 at 5:56 AM.

-Ash decided to take May under his wing and inspired her to like Pokemon
    -May wasn't as hot-tempered as Kanto!Misty was so her and ash got along well.:P
    -For some reason Max just screams as being the little kid who either tease his sister for liking Ash or maybe looks out on what's best for her to be in a relationship w/ (Ash/Drew), I prefer the latter since I see Max as more mature than May, just saiyan...:T
    -If it weren't for Ashy-boy, May would be as clueless as a brick when it comes to Pokemon.XP
    -Refrigerator raiders FTW!

i basically agree with Tomboytrainer305, ans i would give you guys more details if this wasn't the third time i tried to post and it hasn't worked the last two time. Anyways i am gonna add to this since it's not starting any conversations anytime soon.

Basically because Ash had the biggest impact on May's life. She learned almost everything from Ash and Max if it was about pokemon. Plus their were some moments where May got her support from Ash and the others. It was usually Ash who would try to get May back on her feat.

Unlike May, Dawn got most of her support and confidence from the likes of Zoey and Maylene. Whenever Dawn was down, somebody other than Ash was usually there to pick her up.

Misty probably could have a intimate relationship with Ash, but that would require years of breaking psychological walls that those fights built up on each other. Their not worst enemies, but i imagine the first date would have some uncomfortable tension from all those times.

Iris quite frankly i don't see any reason stopping her from asking ash out (or vice versa). i actually am still trying to figure out why she wanted to go with Ash in the first place. it still blows my mind that i don't know why. My only theories is either she using him to get a Dieno from Victory Road or she actually developed feeling for him and his "little kid" self. Unfortunatly for Negaishippers nostalgia makes me choose may over her.

By the Way, i am having a huge case of dejavu here, haven't we asked this before?
    Last edited by T-birdGT500; 3rd February 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Oh Please, I'm Fabulous!!

Click to read the Struggle for Inner Peace on Fanfiction.com

Also, my newest Fic Diamonds in the Rough is started, go check it out

And i started another one called Cheers to Anime.

Hello there fellow Advanceshippers. I've been an Advanceshipper since I saw Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. I have an Advanceshipping fic that I'm currently writing. If you're interested in reading it. I could PM you the link to it. Heck I took the 9th movie and rewrote it. But ever since I started reading Advanceshipping fics, I've noticed that there are some really good ones out there. I could probably give you guys recommendations of the Advanceshipping fics that I recommend
    My Hard-hitting team on White:

Here's my Advanceshipping fic: Click here for May and Ash's Unova Journey

Click here for a side story and here for the other side story

Here's the main story in which it's attached to.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    Well if anyone here has watched pokemon M09 (ranger and the temple of the sea) there is scenes that would hint at Ash and May being a good couple the one off the top is my head is when ash shoves May, Pikachu and Manaphy into the capsule when Samiya is sinking while he goes back to try and save everyone yet he could have died.
    What about that school of Luvdisc? If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Luvdisc are supposed to bless couples with eternal love.

What's the name of the story Victini8?

i would be more than happy to read your creation
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

@paul (dragon master)
    The fic is caled May and Ash's Unova Journey. Check the first link in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by victini8 View Post
    @paul (dragon master)
    The fic is caled May and Ash's Unova Journey. Check the first link in my signature.
    I could review it now but I'm too lazy. xD Maybe next time. Plus I've read too many movie 9 based movies before xD

@paul (dragon master)
    Thanks should have looked there, lol. alright time to have a look at the story
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

What about that school of Luvdisc? If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Luvdisc are supposed to bless couples with eternal love.
    The day I forget about Luvdisc and Your story is good I can't tell anyone the details but Movie 09 has served a basis a bit
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Luvdisc mean love, I mean It's a heart. Don't you guys think that by itself is more better hint than just roses?

@victini8, I've been following your story and so far so good

Dang, M09 was pretty much the closest Pokemon has ever gotten (and probably ever will get) to two main characters loving each other, save for Pokemon Live, which isn't considered canon and most PokeShippers don't even bring it up. One page ago, I asked what the AdvanceShipping song would be. But the truth is, AS didn't really get a song. It got a whole movie, in which Ash and May swam with Luvdisc, which is explicitly stated in the games as being a sign that two people love each other. Not only that, but Ash is recognized*as having the closest bond with May, something amazing because her own brother, whom it is clearly stated multiple times that they love each other very much, is right there with them, meaning Ash and May have a closer bond than Max and May do.
    All of this leads up to what would be called a bittersweet finish at best and a real kick in the nuts at worst, as we are reminded in Together We Make a Promise that this was the last of the Advanced Generation and Ash and May would be leaving each other. Ash leaves for Sinnoh with Brock, Pikachu and Aipom, May leaves for Johto with Drew, Harley and her team. The two will not meet again except for 3 episodes in Diamond & Pearl. Together We Make a Promise tells us not to lose hope, and we are treated with a scene in Sinnoh that shows us how much Ash and May meant to each other, as the two kept each of their respective halves of the Terracotta ribbon they won together, and both tell of how many times just looking at it has given them the confidence boost they need to win.
    During the time they spent in Sinnoh together, May gave Ash a wooden Teddursa as a gift. It is clear that Ash cherishes this gift, as we see at the beginning of Best Wishes that he gives it the honor of sitting on the same shelf as the trophy he got for winning the Orange Islands league, the highest award he has ever received. No other items clearly identifiable sit on that shelf.

I guess you can call that a sampling. I'll right a paper on AdvanceShipping if you guys want.
    Hey everybody, it's zeldafan128!

MultiShipper and proud.

YouTube: zeldafan128

Twitter: zeldafan128

FanFiction: zeldafan128

Minecraft: zeldafan128

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    I'll right a paper on AdvanceShipping if you guys want.
    Feel free I want that paper for next Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    Feel free I want that paper for next Friday
    15th or 22nd?

MultiShipper and proud.

22nd so you have time

I'll see what I can do. What do you want it for?

MultiShipper and proud.

wth!? somehow i was unsubscribed to this thread so i haven't gotten an update in weeks from this thread. so today i was thinking "the advance shipping thread has been inactive for weeks so i should post something". well little did ikknow, huh

anyways, it's Valentine's Day, and i thought I would make a scenario and you guys predict what would happen. it's all fun and games. here it is:

May keeps mentioning Valentine's Day because it's soon. She tells him everybody else's plans, but he doesn't listen. She asks him what their plans are, and he says, “Nothing special." She gets mad and storms off. On Valentine's Day, May exits her house and sees a horse and carriage with Ash waiting in it. She is obviously excited. He blindfolds her and takes her to a restaurant. As soon as they sit in their table, he removes the blindfold, expecting her to be ecstatic, but she is in instead anxious. When Ash asks why, she replies, “Because I told you that my ex-boyfriend, Drew, has a dinner appointment here with your ex-girlfriend, Dawn." Just as she says this, Dawn and Drew walk in and are taken to their table, 2 inches from Ash and Dawn

i know this is unorthodox, but it's a scenario you can have fun with. ash is dumbfounded, may is annoyed, and it's Awkward City in there. so what happens next?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

May keeps mentioning Valentine's Day because it's soon. She tells him everybody else's plans, but he doesn't listen. She asks him what their plans are, and he says, “Nothing special." She gets mad and storms off. On Valentine's Day, May exits her house and sees a horse and carriage with Ash waiting in it. She is obviously excited. He blindfolds her and takes her to a restaurant. As soon as they sit in their table, he removes the blindfold, expecting her to be ecstatic, but she is in instead anxious. When Ash asks why, she replies, “Because I told you that my ex-boyfriend, Drew, has a dinner appointment here with your ex-girlfriend, Dawn." Just as she says this, Dawn and Drew walk in and are taken to their table, 2 inches from Ash and Dawn

I don't think I remember answering a scenario. I kinda like this.

Well I guess Ash would have a 'oops' look on his face and either:

-Walk out of the resturant and look for another

-Or pretend everything is okay with the four of them and leave as soon as they can once they finished their meal.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    May keeps mentioning Valentine's Day because it's soon. She tells him everybody else's plans, but he doesn't listen. She asks him what their plans are, and he says, “Nothing special." She gets mad and storms off. On Valentine's Day, May exits her house and sees a horse and carriage with Ash waiting in it. She is obviously excited. He blindfolds her and takes her to a restaurant. As soon as they sit in their table, he removes the blindfold, expecting her to be ecstatic, but she is in instead anxious. When Ash asks why, she replies, “Because I told you that my ex-boyfriend, Drew, has a dinner appointment here with your ex-girlfriend, Dawn." Just as she says this, Dawn and Drew walk in and are taken to their table, 2 inches from Ash and May
    Ash and May leave the restaurant and go to a hill and watch a meteor shower with a flask of hot chocolate between them and then they kiss.

Like you said its unorthodox so here is an unorthodox answer
    Last edited by Greatemboar; 17th February 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Here is that paper I promised. It's right around 900 words.

After the end of a long battle between PokeShipping and PalletShipping, and the Original Series came to a close, Ash left Misty, Gary and everyone else to go to Hoenn, bringing no one with him but Pikachu. Once Ash finally set foot in Littleroot Town and met May, the Advanced Generation truly began.
    When Ash arrived in Hoenn in AG001-Get the Show on the Road, he first went to Professor Birch's lab to have his Pikachu healed. This is where he met May, who would receive a Torchic as her starter, and travel with Ash for the entire way through Hoenn. May was very open to the idea of her and Ash traveling together alone, and talked to him constantly for the first few episodes. Later, May's brother Max joined them, much to their initial disapproval. The days went on, and Ash was reunited with Brock, whom he travelled with throughout the OS and will travel with for a very long time to come.
    After showing disinterest in Pokemon battling and having only embarking on a journey to travel, May finds herself entering contests and competing with rivals Harley, who hates her with a burning passion, and Drew, who has given her a rose each time they meet. This started the theory of ContestShipping, which is considered one-sided canon on Drew's side. Many of May's hints towards the ship could easily just be surprise, thinking, or accepting the current situation.
    May gets progressively better in contests with Ash's guiding hand. The two meet a couple with a knack for identifying future couples, Oscar and Andi, in AG072-The Bicker the Better. This is supported by the fact that the two identified Jessie and James as a future couple, whom have been married in the canon Electric Tale of Pikachu manga. The couple are the first canon AdvanceShippers, believing Ash and May to be a couple. The two react to this by denying it and arguing throughout the rest of the episode, and bashfully make up at the end.
    Time passes by, and in AG114-Date Expectations, the group is out on an island while traveling to the Grand Festival in an episode revolving around love. During the episode, the group is separated, with Ash and May being alone. During this, May starts to pretend to do a nature show. This shows us that she is comfortable with Ash and is ok seeing her act like this. She also blushes at the thought that they might be stuck there alone, possibly liking the thought.
    Time goes on, the Hoenn league and the Grand Festival are over, and in AG133-The Right Place and the Right Mime, the group separates, then rejoins at Ash's house in Kanto.
    At the end of the Advanced Generation, Ash and May tie a contest in AG192-Home is Where the Start is. The two end up splitting the ribbon in half and keep it to remember each other by.
    M09-Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea was pretty much the closest Pokemon has ever gotten (and probably ever will get) to two main characters loving each other, save for Pokemon Live, which isn't considered canon and most PokeShippers don't even bring it up. Every major Ash shipping has a song. PokeShipping has Misty's Song, PearlShipping has High Touch and NegaiShipping has Rivial Destinies. AS didn't really get a song. It got a whole movie, in which Ash and May swam with Luvdisc, which is explicitly stated in the games as being a sign that two people love each other. Not only that, but Ash is recognized as having the closest bond with May, something amazing because her own brother, whom it is clearly stated multiple times that they love each other very much, is right there with them, meaning Ash and May have a closer bond than Max and May do.
    All of this leads up to what would be called a bittersweet finish at best and a real kick in the nuts at worst, as we are reminded in Together We Make a Promise that this was the last of the Advanced Generation and Ash and May would be leaving each other. Ash leaves for Sinnoh with Brock, Pikachu and Aipom, May leaves for Johto with Drew, Harley and her team. The two will not meet again except for 3 episodes in Diamond & Pearl. Together We Make a Promise tells us not to lose hope, and we are treated with a scene in DP076-A Full Course Tag Battle that shows us how much Ash and May meant to each other, as the two kept each of their respective halves of the Terracotta ribbon they won together, and both tell of how many times just looking at it has given them the confidence boost they need to win.
    During the time they spent in Sinnoh together in DP076, May gave Ash a wooden Teddursa as a gift. It is clear that Ash cherishes this gift, as we see at the beginning of BW001-In the Shadow of Zekrom that he gives it the honor of sitting on the same shelf as the trophy he got for winning the Orange Islands league, the highest award he has ever received. No other items clearly identifiable sit on that shelf.

MultiShipper and proud.

Very good post my friend, perfectly summarizes (at least I think) all of the great Advanceshipping moments we have had throughout the series. I really think that the writers didn't do the ship justice, as leaving us with a cliffhanger like Movie 9, the Terracotta Contest, and the 3 episodes we got in D/P really just wasn't fair at all. It left so much possibility open to our imaginations, which I suppose has advantages - some of the best fanfiction being pumped out today is Advanceshippy, and that is in part due to the fact that there is still a whole world of possibility left to us.

+1, thumbs up, overall just great post my friend. Cheers.
    What I'm Currently Working On:

Destiny of the Aura. An Advanceshipping FanFic!

Creds to BrutakaBlaziken for the outstanding banner! // Proud Advanceshipper and looking like a Amourshipper!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    Here is that paper I promised. It's right around 900 words.

After the end of a long battle between PokeShipping and PalletShipping, and the Original Series came to a close, Ash left Misty, Gary and everyone else to go to Hoenn, bringing no one with him but Pikachu. Once Ash finally set foot in Littleroot Town and met May, the Advanced Generation truly began.
    When Ash arrived in Hoenn in AG001-Get the Show on the Road, he first went to Professor Birch's lab to have his Pikachu healed. This is where he met May, who would receive a Torchic as her starter, and travel with Ash for the entire way through Hoenn. May was very open to the idea of her and Ash traveling together alone, and talked to him constantly for the first few episodes. Later, May's brother Max joined them, much to their initial disapproval. The days went on, and Ash was reunited with Brock, whom he travelled with throughout the OS and will travel with for a very long time to come.
    After showing disinterest in Pokemon battling and having only embarking on a journey to travel, May finds herself entering contests and competing with rivals Harley, who hates her with a burning passion, and Drew, who has given her a rose each time they meet. This started the theory of ContestShipping, which is considered one-sided canon on Drew's side. Many of May's hints towards the ship could easily just be surprise, thinking, or accepting the current situation.
    May gets progressively better in contests with Ash's guiding hand. The two meet a couple with a knack for identifying future couples, Oscar and Andi, in AG072-The Bicker the Better. This is supported by the fact that the two identified Jessie and James as a future couple, whom have been married in the canon Electric Tale of Pikachu manga. The couple are the first canon AdvanceShippers, believing Ash and May to be a couple. The two react to this by denying it and arguing throughout the rest of the episode, and bashfully make up at the end.
    Time passes by, and in AG114-Date Expectations, the group is out on an island while traveling to the Grand Festival in an episode revolving around love. During the episode, the group is separated, with Ash and May being alone. During this, May starts to pretend to do a nature show. This shows us that she is comfortable with Ash and is ok seeing her act like this. She also blushes at the thought that they might be stuck there alone, possibly liking the thought.
    Time goes on, the Hoenn league and the Grand Festival are over, and in AG133-The Right Place and the Right Mime, the group separates, then rejoins at Ash's house in Kanto.
    At the end of the Advanced Generation, Ash and May tie a contest in AG192-Home is Where the Start is. The two end up splitting the ribbon in half and keep it to remember each other by.
    M09-Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea was pretty much the closest Pokemon has ever gotten (and probably ever will get) to two main characters loving each other, save for Pokemon Live, which isn't considered canon and most PokeShippers don't even bring it up. Every major Ash shipping has a song. PokeShipping has Misty's Song, PearlShipping has High Touch and NegaiShipping has Rivial Destinies. AS didn't really get a song. It got a whole movie, in which Ash and May swam with Luvdisc, which is explicitly stated in the games as being a sign that two people love each other. Not only that, but Ash is recognized as having the closest bond with May, something amazing because her own brother, whom it is clearly stated multiple times that they love each other very much, is right there with them, meaning Ash and May have a closer bond than Max and May do.
    All of this leads up to what would be called a bittersweet finish at best and a real kick in the nuts at worst, as we are reminded in Together We Make a Promise that this was the last of the Advanced Generation and Ash and May would be leaving each other. Ash leaves for Sinnoh with Brock, Pikachu and Aipom, May leaves for Johto with Drew, Harley and her team. The two will not meet again except for 3 episodes in Diamond & Pearl. Together We Make a Promise tells us not to lose hope, and we are treated with a scene in DP076-A Full Course Tag Battle that shows us how much Ash and May meant to each other, as the two kept each of their respective halves of the Terracotta ribbon they won together, and both tell of how many times just looking at it has given them the confidence boost they need to win.
    During the time they spent in Sinnoh together in DP076, May gave Ash a wooden Teddursa as a gift. It is clear that Ash cherishes this gift, as we see at the beginning of BW001-In the Shadow of Zekrom that he gives it the honor of sitting on the same shelf as the trophy he got for winning the Orange Islands league, the highest award he has ever received. No other items clearly identifiable sit on that shelf.
    nice summary. there's definitely stuff I can use for my own fanfic. (i hope to release chapter 6 within the next few weeks). but i feel like I've read some of this somewhere else, especially the last paragraph about BW001. what source did you use?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Page 211 of 269 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast