Welcome to the Official Advanceshipping General Discussion Thread!
Advanceshipping is the term given to the belief that Ash (Satoshi) and May (Haruka) from the Pokemon anime are a couple, or at least, they should be. If you like the idea of Ash and May getting together somehow, then this is the thread for you! This thread is a place for all Advanceshippers to enjoy themselves and to discuss the 'ship in any way they like, so long as they abide by the rules. If you're not an Advanceshipper we encourage you to read the rules, jump in and see what makes this 'ship so much fun!
~*~*~ The Rules: ~*~*~
1. All SPPf rules apply as usual.
2. No flaming or bashing of any kind. Please respect people's opinions and shipping beliefs, even if they differ from your own.
3. No double/triple/whatever+1 posting. If the server lags a bit and you end up posting twice, please delete any unnecessary posts.
4. Stay on topic. All posts should be primarily about Advanceshipping at all times. That means Ash and May; not just one or the other.
5. All your posts should be substantial. Posting something along the lines of "I agree!" and nothing else is spam. Please elaborate or wait until later to post, when you have something more substantial to say.
6. Do not advertise your fanfics/fanarts/AMVs/whatever here! Feel free to mention them, but they should not be the sole purpose of your post.
7. If you post fanart, please credit the artist/website that made it. A web address is also nice, if you have it. If you don't know who made it, then we may be able to help.
8. This is NOT a debate thread. If you wish to debate the possibility of Ash and May please create a separate thread.
9. This thread is open to anyone who wishes to post here and discuss Advanceshipping, provided they are not on the banned list. Please be respectful of each other at all times.
10. Everybody gets three chances. If you break the rules four or more times then you'll be banned from posting here and be reported to a moderator. Please keep to the rules at all times!
Above all though, remember to have fun!
Has abs like Mewtwo |
poke master 13 ||
Dark Dreamz ||
~*~*~ Frequently Asked Questions: ~*~*~
Q: Where did the old thread go!?
A: Right here. It was decided by a majority vote that the old thread should be replaced by this one.
Q: Who's in charge of this thread, then?
A: Gazmof and Hunter_RuLe are the co-owners of this thread. If you have any questions please PM any of us and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Q: My friend said that Advanceshipping is called AaMayL and you guys should only ever call it that!
A: Advanceshipping and AaMayL are the same thing (AAMayL stands for Ash and May Love). Advanceshipping is also often referred to as "Advancedshipping", but Advanceshipping is the preferred term. Among Japanese circles the pairing is commonly referred to as "SatoHaru".
Q: Do I need to use spoiler tags here?
A: No. Browse at your own risk if you're worried about spoilers!
Q: Can I use any of the banners/buttons/etc on your Photobucket?
A: Sure! A link back to this thread would be nice, but it really isn't required. All of our banners are located in the Photobucket's root directory (gazmof). Spread the Advanceshipping love wherever you go and feel free to use them in signatures/livejournals/whatever you want!
Q: What episode is the Ash and May kissing avatar from?
A: None. It's a fan edit made to torture you for all eternity. It's also not especially well-made either, if you examine it close enough.
Q: I saw a screenshot of the GBA games saying "CUTE COUPLE ASH AND MAY WANT TO BATTLE!" - is this real?
A: No; it's another fan edit; this time it's just a recolour of the "Young Couple" trainer class sprite from the games.
~*~*~ Advanceshipping's Golden Moments ~*~*~
If you're looking to indulge your Advanceshipping cravings look no further than these wonderful moments from the anime:
Get The Show on The Road! (AG001)
May's debut shows some promising signs of chemistry with Ash.
Love at First Flight (AG042)
An episode which further emphasizes a possible Advanceshipping dynamic when May teases Ash about love.
The Bicker The Better (AG072)
When Ash and May get into an argument, a random couple challenge them to a double-battle, and accuse them of being lovers.
Grass Hysteria (AG073)
May is saved when Ash infiltrates a Grass Pokemon reserve to rescue her.
Date Expectations (AG114)
May is again rescued by Ash, who offers to look after her brother while she rushes to catch a ferry to a contest.
Home is Where The Start is (AG191)
Ash and May compete in a contest and end up tying together in the final round. They end up slicing their winning ribbon in half and are now both carrying their half with them on their journeys.
Pokemon Ranger and The Temple of The Sea (Movie 09)
The last hurrah of the Advanceshippers (for now, at least ^_~). This movie is stuffed with some great Ash/May moments that are far too numerous to list here.
~*~*~ Advanceshipping's Best Of... Fanfiction ~*~*~
Click here for Uzamaki Hinata's compiled list of the best Advanceshipping fanfiction ever written!
~*~*~ Advanceshipping's Best Of... Artwork ~*~*~
Click here for the official Advanceshipping Photobucket! Please PM Gazmof if you have something to add (note that only credited fanart will be uploaded. You will also be credited for the find).
~*~*~ Discussed Topics ~*~*~
Originally Posted by Ditzy_Blonde