Page 197 of 264 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 6580

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Wait, FinalSynFrey. What was the situation going on at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    Wait, FinalSynFrey. What was the situation going on at the time?
    Joe was showing Ash, Brock, and Misty a picture of Giselle, a student at the Pokemon Technical Institute. And apparently, Ash & Brock fell for her then Misty gets mad.
    That's something I found interesting considering Ash barely falls for any girl in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    What is the strongest moment of Advanceshipping?

Movie 9 - Everything about this movie is what makes AdvanceShipping strong.
    Terracotta Ribbon - The Ribbon that represents AdvanceShipping<3

Also, I'm not sure If many of you guys still remember the Original Series of Pokemon, but notice how Ash is blushing. This is the Episode, "The School of Hard Knocks". So I guess Ash does understand love :3
    You can say that but this was early Kanto, the same Kanto when Delia mentioned Ash's dad (and grandfather in JP) and the same Kanto when electric attacks can actually hit Ground.:B Ash's character hadn't been really expanded so the writers just toss his likeness on a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Joe was showing Ash, Brock, and Misty a picture of Giselle, a student at the Pokemon Technical Institute. And apparently, Ash & Brock fell for her then Misty gets mad.
    That's something I found interesting considering Ash barely falls for any girl in the series.
    Pretty much but that's Kanto for you, the show was meant to last one season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomboyTrainer305 View Post
    You can say that but this was early Kanto, the same Kanto when Delia mentioned Ash's dad (and grandfather in JP) and the same Kanto when electric attacks can actually hit Ground.:B Ash's character hadn't been really expanded so the writers just toss his likeness on a girl.

Pretty much but that's Kanto for you, the show was meant to last one season.
    That's what I heard before. Pokemon was suppose to end after Ash finished the Pokemon League, but I guess they realized a lot of people loved the franchise so they continued It to give them more money.

The 9th Movie has loads of hints. Not just the Luvdisc part. The ending as well.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Well...there's movie nine, of course. And literally almost every single AG episode/movie had some small hint in it...
    But I think the strongest moment would probably have to be...erm....movie nine xD It has the largest amount of hints all condensed into one movie, and at the ending of the movie is the song, 'Together We'll Make A Promise" which seems to be kind of about AdvanceShipping and how they'll "always be together even though they're far apart." It's cute. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tomboyTrainer305 View Post
    The moment when Ash put his hands on May's shoulders, he actually wanted her to leave the island and go to the contest while he can look after Max.
    I agree with this. That was a special moment between them both. Didn't Ash say for her to go on ahead while he looks for Max by himself then May rejected the idea and said they would look for Max together? I can't remember the exact words. :/

I liked The Bicker the Better because it mostly represented Ash and May as a typical couple who fight and get back together after a few hours. Pretty much everything about this episode was shippy, from their arguing to their make-up. The one thing that wasn't shippy was their reaction to being told about being a couple.

I liked The Bicker the Better because it mostly represented Ash and May as a typical couple who fight and get back together after a few hours. Pretty much everything about this episode was shippy, from their arguing to their make-up. The one thing that wasn't shippy was their reaction to being told about being a couple.
    to be honest, i think its one of the shippyest episodes in pokemon. I mean right after a contestshipping episode there would always be a advanceshipping one right after. Shipping Contest/Advance had never been more complicated. Its one of my fav love triangles. I haven't been able to find a ship able to match Contestshipping or Advanceshipping. XD

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    to be honest, i think its one of the shippyest episodes in pokemon. I mean right after a contestshipping episode there would always be a advanceshipping one right after. Shipping Contest/Advance had never been more complicated. Its one of my fav love triangles. I haven't been able to find a ship able to match Contestshipping or Advanceshipping. XD
    Yes, I know where you're coming from, and I have to agree. If I remember correctly, The Bicker The Better was the first episode purely based on shipping. Also, Contest vs. Advance is probably the most popular shipping rivalry in all of the anime.

What are your top favourite as fanfics? you can list as many as u want but the more the better DD

Found this on top of the page.

My favorite fictions are Is He Really That Dense?, May's Crush, and One Love, One Heart.
    Last edited by DarkTitan837; 15th August 2012 at 1:35 AM.

Yes, I know where you're coming from, and I have to agree. If I remember correctly, The Bicker The Better was the first episode purely based on shipping. Also, Contest vs. Advance is probably the most popular shipping rivalry in all of the anime.
    but we cannot forgot good old Pokeshipping. They had a few mentions here and there but it was only at least a minute of so like "You know the more you hate, the more you love" (spoke by Nurse Joy) Misty and Ash shrug the comment off then we move into the next scene like the last comment wasn't mentioned at all. So when i watched a 25 min episodde all about a couple telling Ash and May about them being a couple i think i just fangirled so bad. I was not expecting such a theme in the show. Then there was a contestshipping episode then there was movie nine. I swear the writers are playing with our minds or just trolling us. XD

What are your top favourite as fanfics? you can list as many as u want but the more the better DD

Man, where to start. Um, Halves make a Whole, Half of my Sun, Final Challenge, The Puppeteer's Wishes. I'm not really a fan of the May's Crush series. Drew was pretty bashed hard in that fic. Made him look desperate for May which i dislike in fics.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 15th August 2012 at 1:44 AM.

but we cannot forgot good old Pokeshipping. They had a few mentions here and there but it was only at least a minute of so like "You know the more you hate, the more you love" (spoke by Nurse Joy) Misty and Ash shrug the comment off then we move into the next scene like the last comment wasn't mentioned at all. So when i watched a 25 min episodde all about a couple telling Ash and May about them being a couple i think i just fangirled so bad. I was not expecting such a theme in the show. Then there was a contestshipping episode then there was movie nine. I swear the writers are playing with our minds or just trolling us. XD

Man, where to start. Um, Halves make a Whole, Half of my Sun, Final Challenge, The Puppeteer's Wishes. I'm not really a fan of the May's Crush series. Drew was pretty bashed hard in that fic. Made him look desperate for May which i dislike in fics.
    Yeah, I swear the writers were trollin' everyone at the time.

I've been reading The Puppeteer's Wishes, and I'm liking it so far. What I don't like is that Dawn's been playing matchmaker the whole time so far. I really have to say though that Is He Really That Dense by Lucifer IX is my favorite AS fanfiction.

Yeah, I swear the writers were trollin' everyone at the time.

I've been reading The Puppeteer's Wishes, and I'm liking it so far. What I don't like is that Dawn's been playing matchmaker the whole time so far. I really have to say though that Is He Really That Dense by Lucifer IX is my favorite AS fanfiction.
    And did you notice after a CS hint Ash would tend to interupt the moment or come after its finish straight away. Proof of the writers playing with our feelings and sinking many holes into our ships.

I actaully found that interesting. I didn't really like nor hate it. I was in the middle. but i like how he wrote the whole story. It was different to your typical AS story. I really dn't have a #1 AS fic. i have a few that i really like. Also me and Luci wrote a oneshot together, maybe you would enjoy reading it, Reunion its called.

I just read it, and I really liked it. The way how Ash was a lot more mature and less dense then before. And I liked how Drew had almost as much popularity yet he rejected to go with May.

this may perhaps be my favorite post ever in this forum. i thought contest shipping was just as canon as advanceshipping, i just support advance. its kind of like that whole "team edward"/"team jacob" thing, u just have to pick a side. and i also think this is the only true love triangle the writers had ever done (i don't recognize ash-dawn-kenny, just twinleaf). there will never be shippings as good as these two. hoenn, please come back to us!

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Yes, I agree. I too thought of it as a Team Edward/Team Jacob scenario. It's one of the reasons I like AS'ing.

Still waiting for the day May is announced to come back on the show... R/S remakes better help with this.

I really want the remakes not just for May, but Hoenn was terrific.

I feel the same way. I always thought the story/pokemon were great in that region. It may be part of the reason I like AS so much.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    this may perhaps be my favorite post ever in this forum. i thought contest shipping was just as canon as advanceshipping, i just support advance. its kind of like that whole "team edward"/"team jacob" thing, u just have to pick a side. and i also think this is the only true love triangle the writers had ever done (i don't recognize ash-dawn-kenny, just twinleaf). there will never be shippings as good as these two. hoenn, please come back to us!
    I agree, plus the lack of drew reference in may's return really helped advanceshipping in the end.

I'm new to the fics, but Love is a Blizzard Blowin' in the Wind, has to be my fav and everyone should check it out
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Well the Ash-Dawn-Kenny was not as complicated as Ash-May-Drew. There just wasn't enough moments for both Pearl and Penguin to really make me hook onto either one. Plus Kenny didn't make as much appearances like Drew and Ash wasn't as supportive near the end of DP or maybe he wasn't as constant with the support like he did for May. If you watch AG and DP you can tell there are differences, they are not very big and are not easily seen but with a good eye you can see they are there.

I mean Pokeshipping had a chance to inter fear but Misty's cameo just made Misty's feelings for Ash not exist at all! There was no jealously whenever Ash and May were together or even her picking on the two together as a couple or even taking Ash away from May like she always did when he was near a girl too much. She was not the Misty i remember her to be, its was if...she moved on from Ash. Honestly that was the thing i got out from her cameos. Should i take this as a hint? I want to but i'm probably the only one that believes this.

There was something truly more romantic in the whole AG-BF series all together. Ash was more mature and knew what he was doing nearly all the time, he was mature and funny at the same time. May had her time to shine with decent and loveable rivals that really pushed her to be the best she can. Max as the fourth member added something fresh to the whole series and also showed May's caring side as his sister and also maybe showed Ash's leadership and he can look after a child and Brock having a new team really brighten things up for me.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 16th August 2012 at 7:32 AM.

What are your top favorite as fan-fics? you can list as many as u want but the more the better!

May's Crush, and it's Sequel by PikamasterADV. First fan-fic I read after pledging my alliance to Advanceshipping. And his 'Behind a Mask' one-shot.

Then there's the Trials Series the original one, which Dryuu uploaded back in '07. (I'd provide the link if you want)

Most of LuciferIX's work ._.

Then, our very own Midnightjewelz I've been following her work since they were amaturish :P Can't hurt to say my favorite at one time was 'Could This Be Love' because I've gone through that.
    The very recent I'd have to say is Ringer, it was just amazing :3

Then there's Gerbilftw, no matter how cheesy his titles were, they were fun to read.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Wow thanks for the suggestions, gonna read them all (i already read some like May's Crush and Could This Be Love) .

Well the Ash-Dawn-Kenny was not as complicated as Ash-May-Drew. There just wasn't enough moments for both Pearl and Penguin to really make me hook onto either one. Plus Kenny didn't make as much appearances like Drew and Ash wasn't as supportive near the end of DP or maybe he wasn't as constant with the support like he did for May. If you watch AG and DP you can tell there are differences, they are not very big and are not easily seen but with a good eye you can see they are there.

I mean Pokeshipping had a chance to inter fear but Misty's cameo just made Misty's feelings for Ash not exist at all! There was no jealously whenever Ash and May were together or even her picking on the two together as a couple or even taking Ash away from May like she always did when he was near a girl too much. She was not the Misty i remember her to be, its was if...she moved on from Ash. Honestly that was the thing i got out from her cameos. Should i take this as a hint? I want to but i'm probably the only one that believes this.

There was something truly more romantic in the whole AG-BF series all together. Ash was more mature and knew what he was doing nearly all the time, he was mature and funny at the same time. May had her time to shine with decent and loveable rivals that really pushed her to be the best she can. Max as the fourth member added something fresh to the whole series and also showed May's caring side as his sister and also maybe showed Ash's leadership and he can look after a child and Brock having a new team really brighten things up for me.
    and with that, you could almost say that maybe the writers themselves are advanceshippers (they dont wanna admit it ) does that mean i believe may will return? not really, but i would like that? maybe, for the writers, ash's "secret relationship" with may is evident yet it is an incomplete story that will remain incomplete to keep the show running

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quoted for the truth! I agree the part about Misty not really jealous over Ash and May's interactions and it does seem like she moved on.

What are your top favorite as fan-fics? you can list as many as u want but the more the better!
    the only good one was Two of a Kind while the others are OOC one-shots that I used to like reading sooo damn much when I was an AdvanceShipper who didn't took rabies shots...;__;

Page 197 of 264 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast