Page 219 of 268 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 6700

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    I'm ashamed to say that I used to be that way. I still don't like Contestshipping, but I'll tolerate it if the rest of the fic is good
    That's the way I'm am with other pairings that I don't support. Still a good fic is a good fic.
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    That's the way I'm am with other pairings that I don't support. Still a good fic is a good fic.
    I wish there was more people like you.

I think we all go through shipping fazes, and as a multishipper I can say that it's true but it taught me to remain tolerate and respectful towards other ships. Advance is one of the ships I care about the most and I think things like this thread and talking to advanceshippers keep the shipping spirit alive. Every time I read an advanceshipping fic I get overloaded with nostalgia. I got a lot on my kindle. The weird thing for me now is that even though I'm a multishipper, I've gotten so used to advanceshipping is that any pokemon fic I write feels empty and incomplete to me without advanceshipping.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 1st September 2013 at 12:30 AM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon6o2 View Post
    Maybe if I read over that review of mine I might remember. You see, I have a horrible memory and my fics prove that. If I hint a major plot in my fics and don't write it down, chances are that fic will end with many loose knots. lol.

Well let's all hope this new story of yours will get a ending. lol.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...4#post12508554 May 2011, your Top 5 reads for the month. I was really flattered to get that kind of praise, especially since by then I was really viewing the original Opal's Shadow as horrible and wanting to rewrite it. Granted, Tainted Redemption wasn't much better then; I just tried a straight-up (more or less) rewrite.

Oh don't worry. This one is not getting discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    I wish there was more people like you.
    Likewise. When I look back at Opal's Shadow, my treatment of Drew just makes me sick, despite the fact that I'd been planning on giving him an attempt at redemption. It's one of the main reasons I hate it so much.

I think we all go through shipping fazes, and as a multishipper I can say that it's true but it taught me to remain tolerate and respectful towards other ships. Advance is one of the ships I care about the most and I think things like this thread and talking to advanceshippers keep the shipping spirit alive. Every time I read an advanceshipping fic I get overloaded with nostalgia. I got a lot on my kindle. The weird thing for me now is that even though I'm a multishipper, I've gotten so used to advanceshipping is that any pokemon fic I write feels empty and incomplete to me without advanceshipping.
    Hm. Personally, I don't need Advanceshipping to make a fic good, though if it is present, I tend to enjoy the story a lot more. But fics like The Sun Soul by 50caliburchaos, wherein the main pairings are Pokeshipping and later Toxicodendronshipping (Ash x Janine), while Ash and May don't get together despite the fact that they have a lot in common and have the right personality types for a relationship, are still good for me, in some cases even better than most Advanceshipping fics because they are superior story-wise.

Writing-wise, I have no problem with it either, but I do feel the need for some UST between Ash and May and a very good reason as to why they're not together.

Anyway, new/recycled topic:

What was the first (or biggest) thing that caused you to become an Advanceshipper?

Hm. Movie 9 was pretty much the first for me (since its Japanese premier was before AG191's Japanese premier, just not the same with English), but when they split the ribbon from Terracotta Town's contest, that really just made it headcannon for me that Ash and May were going to become a couple. I mean, pretty much every main Ash ship has their own memento or significant object, but the split ribbon just has so much more symbolism and it really exemplifies their relationship.

1. It showed how much May learned from Ash and how she grew to become a trainer in her own regard because of him.
    2. The cutting it in half showed that they wanted to share the victory, which is a hard thing for people to do unless they care about each other.
    3. The fact that they both still kept it (with them at all times, as their simply pulling it out to show one another at the Wallace Cup would imply) shows that both of them are still thinking of each other, and that they care enough about each other to use the half-ribbon as a good luck charm.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...4#post12508554 May 2011, your Top 5 reads for the month. I was really flattered to get that kind of praise, especially since by then I was really viewing the original Opal's Shadow as horrible and wanting to rewrite it. Granted, Tainted Redemption wasn't much better then; I just tried a straight-up (more or less) rewrite.

Oh don't worry. This one is not getting discontinued.
    Oh yes, them. I really want to bring them back but there was a sudden drop in advance fics and if there was any at the time it wouldn't be that great. So I had to stop the recommendation. I could start them up again if people request. I know how hard it is to find good fics, especially in the pokemon fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post

True that, I use to hate poke and contest with disgust but I guess that comes with shipping in general. You deny any ship that involves either character and ignore any possible romantic signs with the rival ship. You happen to dislike the character in the rival ship, causing unnecessary hate and dislike that soon spreads across the fandom like a illness. But after years of no activity in your ship you kinda walk away from that fandom for awhile before coming back and your passion is ignited, not as much as before but to a standard where you can accept the rival ships and maybe in fact come to terms with it and even like its presence. You no longer hate that ship but have now reached the point you accept it.

It's really what anyone goes through in any fandom and how a fangirl acts too. There is the hype and then comes the acceptance. It's kinda like growing up a little. XD

To be honest, at times, I've kind of disliked how some Advanceshippers have written the characters of Drew, Misty, or really any other fictional character that could be seen as a romantic interest for Ash/May off as despicable human beings or given extremely undesirable personality traits. One that sticks out to me is the Drew the Rapist character which seems to come up a lot. It can be done well, don't get me wrong, but must of the time it just isn't. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    To be honest, at times, I've kind of disliked how some Advanceshippers have written the characters of Drew, Misty, or really any other fictional character that could be seen as a romantic interest for Ash/May off as despicable human beings or given extremely undesirable personality traits. One that sticks out to me is the Drew the Rapist character which seems to come up a lot. It can be done well, don't get me wrong, but must of the time it just isn't. At all.
    I agree, they write them as jerks and not their friends, why do that, when I write I always remember that they are their friends, I never try to write them down as rapist because it isn't in their characters, sometimes I will write them down as a bully but in the end they will come to respect the person and become their friends, because like all people they grow up, but then again it is like Pearlshipping in some regard, they tend to write Kenny as some nasty person but in reality he and Dawn are friends, what else is their to say about rivals and traveling companions? I am sure we have seen some pretty bad ones. But I prefer in advanceshipping fictions where Misty and Drew are written as friends or someone who initially doesn't like Ash and May being together but by the end accepts the fact that Ash and May love one another and moves on.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

...to be honest, I think that's a problem pretty unique to Advanceshippers as far as Pokémon goes, and I really have no idea why. Some Pearlshippers and Twinleafshippers will paint Paul in the same manner, but otherwise it's almost always Advanceshippers giving the negative treatment to Drew or other characters. Granted, Harley's entire characterization just invites dislike and squick, but Drew and Misty are workable characters.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Yeah I am usually Pearlshipping myself but I also really like Advanceshipping, most times when I read a fiction, the first mention of Drew or Misty being a complete jerk or despicable I usually exit the story and find another one myself, sure Paul can be a real jerk in the series but he is just a rival and considers Ash a friend now, for Harley well I really didn't like him, but his character can still be well liked if written properly.

I just wish we could get some great writers and artists involved in the shipping again like we used to have. It seems like we haven't really had much media coming through to us as of the past one or two years. I know bulbagarden still has some somewhat respectable communities for fan art and fanfiction for advanceshipping, but it certainly isn't like it used to be from 05-2010. It's kind of a shame, really, and I think we could really get some more people to like the pairing if we could get some great stories and artwork out there about it. I'm not saying there isn't any, there certainly is some, but it isn't in the same amount of quantities that it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    Yeah I am usually Pearlshipping myself but I also really like Advanceshipping, most times when I read a fiction, the first mention of Drew or Misty being a complete jerk or despicable I usually exit the story and find another one myself, sure Paul can be a real jerk in the series but he is just a rival and considers Ash a friend now, for Harley well I really didn't like him, but his character can still be well liked if written properly.
    Well fanfiction these days, the good ones recently hardly mention the two and sometimes even Dawn gets called the b---h and is just written horribly. Even if the story is written really well I cannot see Drew or Paul as a cold hearted rapist or Misty of Dawn as a over protective woman. Just no, I mean I'm glad they ship Advance but you don't have to treat fictional characters so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    I just wish we could get some great writers and artists involved in the shipping again like we used to have. It seems like we haven't really had much media coming through to us as of the past one or two years. I know bulbagarden still has some somewhat respectable communities for fan art and fanfiction for advanceshipping, but it certainly isn't like it used to be from 05-2010. It's kind of a shame, really, and I think we could really get some more people to like the pairing if we could get some great stories and artwork out there about it. I'm not saying there isn't any, there certainly is some, but it isn't in the same amount of quantities that it used to be.
    Well there have been some great fanart from the Spanish people. I swear the Spanish are such artistic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon6o2 View Post
    Well fanfiction these days, the good ones recently hardly mention the two and sometimes even Dawn gets called the b---h and is just written horribly. Even if the story is written really well I cannot see Drew or Paul as a cold hearted rapist or Misty of Dawn as a over protective woman. Just no, I mean I'm glad they ship Advance but you don't have to treat fictional characters so badly.

Well there have been some great fanart from the Spanish people. I swear the Spanish are such artistic people.
    The way an author sees a character will effect the way he/she writes about them. I think it's in their culture for Spain to be artistic. I can see Ash and May in a romantic relationship, so I find it more easier to do, but I don't see the other characters as love rivals but instead see them as best buddies. I love writing Drew off as May's best friend because that's how I see it.

How does Advanceshipping fit into your head-cannon?

After seeing Brock try and fail many times and inspired by the intelligent people he grew up with, I think his dense behavior is an act. The reason he staged it so his rivals can underestimate him and be amazed when he kicks ***. He's secretly very intelligent. He may be love shy but he's slowly but surely waiting for the right love to come. I think advanceshipping fits nicely into this because I think the Hoenn Arc was one of his highlights, especially when he was offered a position as a frontier brain. I think May brought out his intelligent side, and then in the next arcs he seems to be back to his dense old self.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

It's... complicated. I don't agree with May bringing out Ash's intelligence. He gets more intelligent than ever during the Sinnoh saga, /then/ he loses it. I think that May sees Ash as the first person she started to learn from, a mentor. Look at how much of her battle style and contest style is based on Ash's typical tactics, and tell me I'm wrong. However, Ash also grew from watching May's battles, and he always seemed really focused during her contests. So basically, I think they push each other to success, constantly acting as the other's support. Considering how protective and headstrong both of them are, they probably will be that way all their lives. So I can definitely see romance blooming that way. I think, however, that it would take something big (like one or the other hooking up with somebody else, or personal tragedy and either having the other there to comfort them or being without their help) to actually drive them together. They're both really hardheaded that way.

Just saw the new news of X&Y and there in the magazine was MegaBlaziken showed in the anime already. Though I doubt May would be there but I like Blaziken in general so yay for that! Anyway to the topic.

Hm, I don't know really. I guess the way they pushed each other to become better and how much they looked up to each other despite their different careers. AG really made me watch pokemon and like Ash again and AG was really the highlights of his career as a trainer and I think he was great because May helped him to become better as much as he helped her. He was mature enough to help May in her early days as a trainer before turning coordinator and still had the humour to still see him as a another ten year old.

I hope I answered that topic correctly. ^^;

How does Advanceshipping fit into your head-canon

For like many others, try just push each other to do their best. Even though sometimes it's not in their best interests, they want the other I do their best and be the best they can be.

Also I have a question for all of you.

WHAT CAN WE DI TO MAKE THIS THREAD MORE ACTIVE?

I say this because I noticed that only a few participate and not much activity as of late. So I think that posting this will help and all of your input will also be greatly beneficial.
    Last edited by Sethern; 21st September 2013 at 6:45 AM.

Ash and Gary had a bet to get more girls, so in order to get some girls to trust her and such he acts dense but up to sinnoh this mask was broken with whole Giselle issue but quickly regained (btw UNDERRATED POSSIBLE SHIIPING HERE!), but when he meets May and bonds with her, he discovers that what he is doing is wrong and that he himself is falling for her, the rest I'll leave it like that because it would be mostly Harem with May being the lead girl and such......
    sorry for not being active her in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, I was preoccupied with another forum i'm in.

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I was actually very strong AdvaceShipper back then when AG first started....but when Drew came along everything changed
    However my favorite AdavanceShippy moment was in the 9th movie, when Ash protected May, Pikachu and Manaphy from drowning while risking his own life to get the job done!
    Made it seem sort of canon for me when May got worried and sort of "prayed" lol
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJesus123 View Post
    I was actually very strong AdvaceShipper back then when AG first started....but when Drew came along everything changed
    However my favorite AdavanceShippy moment was in the 9th movie, when Ash protected May, Pikachu and Manaphy from drowning while risking his own life to get the job done!
    Made it seem sort of canon for me when May got worried and sort of "prayed" lol
    And cartoon network here sometimes show that movie on Vday. Haha, times where I wish I still had cable. xD

Oh some scenes from the last episode of BW made me fangirl a little. Here I'll share them.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6660/j7zl.jpg
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4643/hi0v.jpg

*sees the episode part with the Teddiursa statue moment* See guys, they haven't forgoten there is still hope, we can still do this.......if Serena doesn't gives us arrows to the knee....trust me I recieve tons of them on Devianart including one from Midnight

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    *sees the episode part with the Teddiursa statue moment* See guys, they haven't forgoten there is still hope, we can still do this.......if Serena doesn't gives us arrows to the knee....trust me I recieve tons of them on Devianart including one from Midnight
    Lolol. Just because I ship SatoSere doesn't mean my love for Advance is gone. After all, I am a multishipper, I just don't show it that much.

I agree with Midnight here, just because people ship the new one it doesn't mean people will leave Advance, Pearl or Poke shippings respectively, maybe that's because people are free to ship and/or the fact that they are multishippers, nothing really wrong with that, I admit I am a Pearlshipper, but I also really like Advanceshipping, most likely as much as pearl since I enjoy their interactions, so in reality I am an Advanceshipper and Pearlshipper.

never said that I would stop shipping advanceshipping, I just said that AshxSerena would maybe take my OTP place but I would still ship advanceshipping, that's what I meant tbh

I agree with many of you, people follow the latest trend, and in pokemonshipping that's the newest characters, I hope that mean some of the older trend seekers will comeback. Whether that be solely advanced or more likely multishipping

Default Hey guys!

Hey guys, sorry if I'm a little off-topic.

I'm a new member on the Forums (yay!), despite the fact that I registered in June. Anyway, if you couldn't tell already, I'm an Advanceshipper, like most of you (I would hope, at least). I've been into Advanceshipping for about a year or two now and I've finally decided on joining and being active in a community. I also like to read. That being said, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some good (not that any of them are bad) Advanceshipping fics. It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Quill

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneQuilava View Post
    Hey guys, sorry if I'm a little off-topic.

I'm a new member on the Forums (yay!), despite the fact that I registered in June. Anyway, if you couldn't tell already, I'm an Advanceshipper, like most of you (I would hope, at least). I've been into Advanceshipping for about a year or two now and I've finally decided on joining and being active in a community. I also like to read. That being said, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some good (not that any of them are bad) Advanceshipping fics. It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Quill
    Yay for new member! I can give you a few good new AS fics I've come across so far. I use to do recommendations every month until life got busy. I can't remember if I did them here or not. xD

What My Heart Wants
    Shattered Destiny
    Going Down Swinging

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    I agree with many of you, people follow the latest trend, and in pokemonshipping that's the newest characters, I hope that mean some of the older trend seekers will comeback. Whether that be solely advanced or more likely multishipping
    True that, you might never know. Some shippers might come back to Advance after a few episodes have aired.

welcome to the family Quill, they are a lot of talented people that makes advanceshipping stories, I'll send you the link of 3 authors to get started
    Midnightmoon602 (btw here she is Silvermoon602)
    The Shiny Gengar
    LuciferIX
    and
    PikamasterADV
    Believe me, there stories are top notch, just consider that Pikamaster has disapear since 2008, Gengar hasn't been updating and LuciferIX is retired.
    (btw, what DID happen to gengar?)
    and I think the same, and in fact May is the most likely if not Iris, so May still have an upper hand, serena may be jelouse and I can only imagine her face about the Terracota ribbon, wish a threeway could happen but alas there can be only one
    Last edited by aloasa; 8th October 2013 at 7:17 AM.

Page 219 of 268 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast