Page 222 of 269 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6701

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

I'm almost positive this has been asked before, but
    How did you find AdvanceShipping?
    For me, when I was younger and the Advanced Generation was still airing, I only knew two things about Pokemon. 1) Pikachu is awesome and 2) The girl in the red and the boy with green hair are a couple. Later on I discovered shipping while flipping through Bulbapedia, and decided to become a NegaiShipper, because the first episode of the anime I really watched was BW001. I also decided to become a partial AdvanceShipper because I would have watched Pokemon as a kid during that point. However, I later discovered that NegaiShipping didn't really have any fanbase, and after reading Midnight's Reunion, I was sold.
    Hey everybody, it's zeldafan128!

MultiShipper and proud.

YouTube: zeldafan128

Twitter: zeldafan128

FanFiction: zeldafan128

Minecraft: zeldafan128

How did you find Advanceshipping?

Truth be told, I don't even know. I think it was because I liked the dynamic that was going on between Ash and May. After awhile, I thought: "hey, they'd make a pretty good couple if Ash could pull his dense head out of his *****..." So, I went around and took a leisurely stroll around the internet and eventually stumbled onto some fics. After reading a few, I was pretty much hooked.

Shippings I like: Advanceshipping and AmourShipping.
    Shippings I don't exactly care for: Contestshipping and Pokéshipping.
    Everything else is fair game.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

3DS Friend Code: 2509-1774-0547
    XY Safari Pokémon: Onix, Nosepass, Rhydon

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneQuilava View Post
    Bears? Bees? Sounds like home to me (hick from the sticks)! But yeah, I really should have signed up when the thread was seeing better days... Think of all the stuff I've missed out on... Ah well, take what you got, am I right? On a side note, this is my 100th post since registering. Figured I'd post it where it all began for me. Right. Here.

Yay Advanceshipping!

On a normal day quoting from something 5 or 6 posts backs would feel unheard of.

1 congrats on post.
    2 I enjoy how you have the skill to post so frequently (I usually think it would be awkward to post after some things.)
    3 let's keep it up. Recently these last few days we've been rivaling/ exceeding other pairings in activity so good job.

Question for everyone

So I've noticed that fics currently under progress here are usually advanced. I thin more than anyone else and more than some combined.
    So I was wondering why do you think that is?

My answer to that is. I think it's because we have some of the more outgoing members. I also think that even though this doesn't seem as popular, our members are quality, who can do a lot when they want to. Many of these fics that we've been writing are good, and creative. Since all the basis' have been done, this is a time for some
    Creative people.
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    On a normal day quoting from something 5 or 6 posts backs would feel unheard of.

1 congrats on post.
    2 I enjoy how you have the skill to post so frequently (I usually think it would be awkward to post after some things.)
    3 let's keep it up. Recently these last few days we've been rivaling/ exceeding other pairings in activity so good job.

Question for everyone

So I've noticed that fics currently under progress here are usually advanced. I thin more than anyone else and more than some combined.
    So I was wondering why do you think that is?

My answer to that is. I think it's because we have some of the more outgoing members. I also think that even though this doesn't seem as popular, our members are quality, who can do a lot when they want to. Many of these fics that we've been writing are good, and creative. Since all the basis' have been done, this is a time for some
    Creative people.
    Thanks!

Also, I think the reason why we're so productive is because we still have a bunch of people who are devoted to the cause. Now, I'm not saying that the other ships aren't, but this just goes to show how dedicated we really are. Our golden age is up, but we continue to support it. Why? Because we're proud of what we've accomplished as a community.

This ship has been through a lot. Tough times, rough times. I think that because we pulled through said times, the community doesn't want all the hard work to go to waste.

Obviously, that payed off. Look at our (rather ferocious) rivalry with Contestshipping. They are arguably more popular then us AND they almost wiped us off the face of the Earth.

But they didn't, and I guess you can say that the tides have turned. They haven't posted anything in ages We stood tall for what we believe in and now, we don't want to see all that work wasted for naught.

That's why I think we still have our presence. We're proud.

Phew. That took a while.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

Why does Advanceshipping have so much activity recently?

I think, simply put, it's because we actually care about our ship. Seriously. Contest, Pearl and other ships are popular, and a lot of the time, many people are simply jumping on the bandwagon where popular things are involved. Advanceshipping has never been the popular choice (compared to other Ash ships), so Advanceshippers generally have something different that draws them in and keeps them there. Contest would never be able to 'wipe out' Advanceshipping; it'd be like the Earth trying to wipe out its moon. All we really needed to come back into focus was a spark. I don't know who or what caused that spark, but the 'why' doesn't matter too much, because it's happened.

We're back, baby. xD

EDIT: Since I got a negative comment about it, I might as well clarify. I didn't mean that nobody cares about other ships. That would be absurd and asinine. I meant that a large number of people simply like certain ships because they're popular, and that the care/don't care ratio is larger for Advance than most ships because it isn't as popular (and thus its members are more likely to have something that makes them care). It's simple sociology and probability, people. I only meant it in the most technical sense. Maybe this wasn't the best way to say it, but I didn't mean anything negative or disparaging about it.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 23rd October 2013 at 5:18 AM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post

I think, simply put, it's because we actually care about our ship. Seriously. Contest, Pearl and other ships are popular, and a lot of the time, many people are simply jumping on the bandwagon where popular things are involved. Advanceshipping has never been the popular choice (compared to other Ash ships), so Advanceshippers generally have something different that draws them in and keeps them there. Contest would never be able to 'wipe out' Advanceshipping; it'd be like the Earth trying to wipe out its moon. All we really needed to come back into focus was a spark. I don't know who or what caused that spark, but the 'why' doesn't matter too much, because it's happened.

We're back, baby. xD

EDIT: Since I got a negative comment about it, I might as well clarify. I didn't mean that nobody cares about other ships. That would be absurd and asinine. I meant that a large number of people simply like certain ships because they're popular, and that the care/don't care ratio is larger for Advance than most ships because it isn't as popular (and thus its members are more likely to have something that makes them care). It's simple sociology and probability, people. Jesus, sometimes what I say is taken way too literally.
    Yup. We can't be extinguished. I took a gander over to ADVancers today. God. The central hub for all things Advanceshipping. A great community, to say the least.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

I'd definitely would like to throw my two cents in there if I "may". I've dedicated an exorbitant amount of time into this hypothetical relationship between Ash and May and I've come to some interesting conclusions. This may sound like I'm a heretic or something, but they're my honest opinions. They're surely not infallible and they're very error prone.

The answer is rather simple, it turns out I was searching on Google for the words "ash and may". At the time it was just around the start of the AG series and I was curious as to why Misty was gone. The search was made in an effort to understand where Misty had gone. What I found on the Google Search Images section of the page was a picture of 'Ash and May' blatantly kissing and drawn in TV show quality style, aka no colored pencils, no crayons, no Photoshop, and it seemed like an honest to god screenshot of an unaired future episode. I was immediately perplexed, and the concept of falling for a girl was fresh on my mind since I was with a girlfriend at the time. To feed my curiosity I did some more searches to see if this was true or not, and I stumbled upon the Serebii forums themselves to try to find some kind of confirmation about the picture. I couldn't find anything. What I found instead was this word called "Advanceshipping, where Ash and May ADVANCE together" and the entire concept of a fandom was made clear to me. I have since intended to write a one-million word magnum opus on the fandom and have since only completed 10 percent of it.

Long story short, found a fake picture on the net, believed it, loved the idea anyway, then found it was just fan poop, then made some fan poop myself.

I can't adequately respond to that since I haven't been around for a gross, long period of time. Could someone explain the timeline of support for advanceshipping and any dramatic turns of events where we were nearly "wiped out" off the fandom map?

Do you think Advanceshipping fanfictions are more "advanced" than others? If so, why?
    I'm going to offer a sort of non-answer which may as well be posted on any number of other shipping threads. It turns out that I've honestly wondered what it meant to support something as an idea like "advanceshipping" or "pearlshipping" or "the Red Sox" or "fanfiction" or "democracy" or "fascism" or "the sanctity of life" or anything like that. I believe the things we support really become an extension of ourselves, and to have the integrity of that thing fall under attack, either by a lack of evidence or deliberate assault by someone, vectors into a personal undermining of what makes you a human being. To translate that conjecture into fanfiction, the way I've come to see it is that Advanceshipping is not a strong ship for very good reasons. Misty has directly talked to Ash about getting married. Drew has been soliciting May for a date with plants since they first met. Dawn and Ash have made physical contact with each other. Iris and Ash actually blush when they argue. May and Ash...? They've got a student-teacher dynamic? What? That doesn't really stack up against some of the other "evidence" for other ships.

Since Advanceshipping doesn't actually have *much* concrete support to physically draw on besides a few things here and there (all of which make me feel fuzzy inside), this attack by other ships has felt like personal attacks on the fan base's members themselves. In order to make sure that these people in the fan base don't feel attacked, they become creative in their defense. They devise new ways to understand their ship. They imagine them in completely AU situations and weave some of the most intricate stories that I've read. I think the richness of the Advanceshipping literature comes from the fact that it is not a strong ship-- and it's that lack of concrete strength that makes it all the more worthwhile to defend. At the same time other ship supporters have done similar things with their characters, although I believe to a less frequent degree since they don't need to struggle for support as much.

And I think this translate into the real world as well. In real life, the actual people whom we "ship" don't give us obvious clues to their intentions. In other words, the ship is weak. Only when you see the depth and the mere possibility of it becoming realbeneath that apparent weakness does that ship ever have a chance to become true. In other words, for us as Advanceshippers, it's the near impossibility of it ever happening that makes it all the more worthwhile to hope that it will.

Personally, I'm a multiship. I think all the girls are great matches for Ash. But I also know that the zeitgeist of the Pokemon anime is not character-driven. It's objective-driven. If the plot was merely a byproduct of natural, complex-character interactions (as it is in Breaking Bad), then we might have actually seen Misty make a move on Ash, or Ash actually hugging May properly, or wiping the tears from Dawn's face, or sleeping under an apple tree using Iris' hair as a pillow. Since the objectives of badges-Pokemon-League-Team Rocket *must* always be fulfilled, there won't be room for characters to actually interact in meaningful ways.

I hope I make some sense at all to somebody. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshadow View Post
    I'd definitely would like to throw my two cents in there if I "may". I've dedicated an exorbitant amount of time into this hypothetical relationship between Ash and May and I've come to some interesting conclusions. This may sound like I'm a heretic or something, but they're my honest opinions. They're surely not infallible and they're very error prone.

The answer is rather simple, it turns out I was searching on Google for the words "ash and may". At the time it was just around the start of the AG series and I was curious as to why Misty was gone. The search was made in an effort to understand where Misty had gone. What I found on the Google Search Images section of the page was a picture of 'Ash and May' blatantly kissing and drawn in TV show quality style, aka no colored pencils, no crayons, no Photoshop, and it seemed like an honest to god screenshot of an unaired future episode. I was immediately perplexed, and the concept of falling for a girl was fresh on my mind since I was with a girlfriend at the time. To feed my curiosity I did some more searches to see if this was true or not, and I stumbled upon the Serebii forums themselves to try to find some kind of confirmation about the picture. I couldn't find anything. What I found instead was this word called "Advanceshipping, where Ash and May ADVANCE together" and the entire concept of a fandom was made clear to me. I have since intended to write a one-million word magnum opus on the fandom and have since only completed 10 percent of it.

Long story short, found a fake picture on the net, believed it, loved the idea anyway, then found it was just fan poop, then made some fan poop myself.

I can't adequately respond to that since I haven't been around for a gross, long period of time. Could someone explain the timeline of support for advanceshipping and any dramatic turns of events where we were nearly "wiped out" off the fandom map?

Do you think Advanceshipping fanfictions are more "advanced" than others? If so, why?
    I'm going to offer a sort of non-answer which may as well be posted on any number of other shipping threads. It turns out that I've honestly wondered what it meant to support something as an idea like "advanceshipping" or "pearlshipping" or "the Red Sox" or "fanfiction" or "democracy" or "fascism" or "the sanctity of life" or anything like that. I believe the things we support really become an extension of ourselves, and to have the integrity of that thing fall under attack, either by a lack of evidence or deliberate assault by someone, vectors into a personal undermining of what makes you a human being. To translate that conjecture into fanfiction, the way I've come to see it is that Advanceshipping is not a strong ship for very good reasons. Misty has directly talked to Ash about getting married. Drew has been soliciting May for a date with plants since they first met. Dawn and Ash have made physical contact with each other. Iris and Ash actually blush when they argue. May and Ash...? They've got a student-teacher dynamic? What? That doesn't really stack up against some of the other "evidence" for other ships.

Since Advanceshipping doesn't actually have *much* concrete support to physically draw on besides a few things here and there (all of which make me feel fuzzy inside), this attack by other ships has felt like personal attacks on the fan base's members themselves. In order to make sure that these people in the fan base don't feel attacked, they become creative in their defense. They devise new ways to understand their ship. They imagine them in completely AU situations and weave some of the most intricate stories that I've read. I think the richness of the Advanceshipping literature comes from the fact that it is not a strong ship-- and it's that lack of concrete strength that makes it all the more worthwhile to defend. At the same time other ship supporters have done similar things with their characters, although I believe to a less frequent degree since they don't need to struggle for support as much.

And I think this translate into the real world as well. In real life, the actual people whom we "ship" don't give us obvious clues to their intentions. In other words, the ship is weak. Only when you see the depth and the mere possibility of it becoming realbeneath that apparent weakness does that ship ever have a chance to become true. In other words, for us as Advanceshippers, it's the near impossibility of it ever happening that makes it all the more worthwhile to hope that it will.

Personally, I'm a multiship. I think all the girls are great matches for Ash. But I also know that the zeitgeist of the Pokemon anime is not character-driven. It's objective-driven. If the plot was merely a byproduct of natural, complex-character interactions (as it is in Breaking Bad), then we might have actually seen Misty make a move on Ash, or Ash actually hugging May properly, or wiping the tears from Dawn's face, or sleeping under an apple tree using Iris' hair as a pillow. Since the objectives of badges-Pokemon-League-Team Rocket *must* always be fulfilled, there won't be room for characters to actually interact in meaningful ways.

I hope I make some sense at all to somebody. :P
    Lunar, sir.

That had to be one of the best damn posts I've ever read, ever. You sir, are an intellectual. I'm not going to disprove anything you just said, because I think you hit the nail right on the head. Damn. It was hard trying to catch Zygarde while reading this. I actually put down my 3ds and read this instead.

Respect=earned.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

Oh stop it you. :P

I think what you, Quilava, and Eon said is completely true: that we care about our ship. I don't mean to be the ice berg to our Titanic, but I think we all know that she isn't a very strong ship, and not even on a deep down level it's simply just a fantasy. By all means I think it's my favorite fantasy to have, and it's one that is very unique to a "story" like Pokemon. Pokemon's characters aren't exactly complex, and the plot is incredibly linear to the point of boring, but that doesn't mean it's a bad TV show. It just means that we know what to expect and the fantasies we could have about them are so much more vivid because they're so unlike what we've got on the TV. If Pokemon actually had incredibly strong characters, it would be much harder to create fantasies about them. There's a reason why the Walking Dead has 448 fanfictions and Pokemon has 65.5K. It's due to the strength of their characters. For fanfiction, the fans fill up the characters with depth that the creators can't fill themselves due to time or production constraints. The Walking Dead has fairly strong characters (I'm only talking about the TV Show, the comic books are way deeper), even though these days they're not being developed as often. That's why fans have that room to imagine new possibilities for these flat characters in Pokemon. In effect, we really really do care about our ship, but I think that's because we want to see May and Ash's character grow into something that only the fans could imagine; not even the creators themselves.

Pro-tip on Pokemon X/Y: do the wild Pokemon training grind whilst listening to interviews or Ted Talks. It's a great way to level up the mind and a great way to get a 6-mon team from every discrete region at level 60 each. AND IVE ONLY GOT 4 BADGES SO FARRRR, and jesus does Kalos have wayy too many good pokemon/easy game mechanics
    Kanto: 3 starters, Lapras, Snorlax, Aerodactyl lv 60
    Johto: Espeon, Umbreon, Steelix, Ampharos, Crobat, Slowking
    Hoenn: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Shedinja, Salamence, Absol, Wailord
    Shinoh: Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, Lucario, Spiritomb, Gallade
    Unova: Reuniclus, Hydregion, Golurk, Seismitoad, BLANK-trying to find one
    Kalos: 3 starters, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Sylveon

P.S. who wants to trade for some starter Pokemon? I've been breeding like mad and I just want a ton of non-me Pokemon so they're easy to raise. :P
    Last edited by lunarshadow; 23rd October 2013 at 7:07 AM.

Lunarshadow, you did know you are disturbing from me from finishing my SatoSere drawing right now right? The one I've been stuck on for the last two hours because of your beautiful post. It's making me want to reply as well, ah, oh well.

It could be a range of things. Maybe this is the only forum where people from all over the globe can talk about advanceshipping and get a decent response. Maybe it could be the last episode of BW where May's Teddiursa figurine got an unusual cameo and Ash thinking about her (and the others too) for one in a very long time, in fact, perhaps it was the first time he ever thought about her in a 'shippy-like' atmosphere.

Maybe also it could be that every year that passes the closer the fans feel of a remake. And we all know what happens when a remake shows up, the anime will set aside at least 5 episodes to promote the remake region, in our lucky case it is Hoenn and the writers could easily make up some festival to promote the games like with HG/SS. And with the additions with Mega Evolutions and May having half her team that can, it only gives her more logical reasons to come to Kalos and learn about Mega Evolutions and hopefully master it.

Nor Misty, Dawn, Iris have any pokemon that can mega evolve and if they want to promote megaevolutions with the first starters, why not bring back May? We get hints, character development all in one. It's a win-win situation.

It also could be the suddenly boost of Advanceshipping fanfiction on ff.net and here, especially which is very strange since May's last cameo was in 2008. To have so many AS fics out there and those stories are making fans come and ship Advance. Since last year the fics here for AS are more than usual, sometimes us fans write the most 'AshxMain Girl' ship and beat the others here.

To simply point at one reason alone to say why is advance sticking around longer than everyone had expected is something I don't understand myself or ever will. I can only suggest possible logical reason to why.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 23rd October 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Hello! I'm kind of new to this thread. May was a breathe of fresh air at that time. It somehow got me watching the first AG episode. What hooked me to Advanceshipping was that I like the early episodes where she was the only one who got to travel with him at that time. I really like the moment where it is Ash himself who had to teach her the basics about Pokémon and battling. To others it maybe simple but for the ones who support the possibilities of this ship, it was a sight to see.

To be honest, I really became more fond on this ship when some green haired guy started giving May some plant (can you eat that plant?) and Ash never got that rematch (I can only hope it gets retconned one day). Oh, I also remember back then when I lurk Serebii and there's a vs debate about this ship and the other one. I don't even know for what is that topic good for anyway.

For the record, it was the first Sato-ship that I supported (as an Ash-multishipper. As I read some post by you good people here, I feel like I've successfully rode a time machine. Like "How many years has it been?" (I feel visiting the Pearl and some other Ashxgirl thread soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon6o2 View Post
    Yeah I saw that, its from the last episode of BW. I got a few more scenes to share that I thought were shippy.

Spoiler:- Images below:
    Those are really nice! The mementos Ash kept is fitting for an SatoHaru gallery hall. Good to see Ash and May remember a lot during May's visit at Sinnoh.

Pikamaster: MIA
    Gengar: Greatest ADV mind in the sphere opinion
    LuciferIX: Legendary fanfiction connoisseur
    Cybercubed: Has too many posts than any one man should have
    Power Shot: We all need to read Dark Gems
    Gazmof: It's not like he made the thread or anything...
    Midnightmoon: Social media extroardinare of the ADV cause?

*bows head in reverence* Lol I'm just conjecturing what I remember from the little time I spent here some years back. : )
    *bows back* ありがとう ございます! I really appreciated that list of yours
    Last edited by CMDShift4; 23rd October 2013 at 1:04 PM.

To answer that question (I can only answer from when I joined in June) something prior to my joining happened where either most people took a break or stopped Advanceshipping. So there would only be a post once every week or two. More recently there came back a few more people, so posting like every day or so. Now as you see there are many a day and more activity on other places. So I don't know how it happened.

On another note welcome CMDshift. I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.

I noticed that contest shipping here on serebii is inactive and not up anymore due to inactivity. So even with others going down or almost down were doing better than previously.
    Last edited by Sethern; 23rd October 2013 at 5:04 PM.

I noticed that contest shipping here on serebii is inactive and not up anymore due to inactivity. So even with others going down or almost down were doing better than previously.
    I think its because Contestshipping hasn't had any recent hints or cameos and even when May made her cameo in DP Drew was hardly mentioned. I mean we got to see him with Harley and Soledad watching May's appeal on the TV but that was about it. There wasn't anything shippy in the Wallace Cup Contestshipping wise. Unlike us we got a cute moments in the last episode of BW, even thought they couldn't be shippy to others, to get a little reminder of May once and a while - no matter how little it may be, is still better than none.

I think its because Contestshipping hasn't had any recent hints or cameos and even when May made her cameo in DP Drew was hardly mentioned. I mean we got to see him with Harley and Soledad watching May's appeal on the TV but that was about it. There wasn't anything shippy in the Wallace Cup Contestshipping wise. Unlike us we got a cute moments in the last episode of BW, even thought they couldn't be shippy to others, to get a little reminder of May once and a while - no matter how little it may be, is still better than none.
    yeah, aparently Contest is slowly dying, so May not returning is actually good as long as Ash himself continues to deliver hints like that, so we maybe will be on a equal term later on, besides with SatoSere here Advance...or actually any shipping needs a rival breathing behind his neck

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

On another note welcome CMDshift. I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.
    Thank you. Still not sure what I can contribute though.

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    yeah, aparently Contest is slowly dying, so May not returning is actually good as long as Ash himself continues to deliver hints like that, so we maybe will be on a equal term later on, besides with SatoSere here Advance...or actually any shipping needs a rival breathing behind his neck
    I think the activity is dying, not the ship itself. Contest left very strong hints to convince most fans to their side compared to Advance's little and subtle hints. And even if did May make a cameo I doubt she will talk about Drew unless Ash asked like he did in the Wallace Cup. So really, she will only talk about her rivals when asked which is a good thing in my eyes.

Like I said on the SatoSere thread, I'm not ready for another contestshipping v2. I don't think I'll handle the feels very well.

I think the activity is dying, not the ship itself. Contest left very strong hints to convince most fans to their side compared to Advance's little and subtle hints. And even if did May make a cameo I doubt she will talk about Drew unless Ash asked like he did in the Wallace Cup. So really, she will only talk about her rivals when asked which is a good thing in my eyes.

Like I said on the SatoSere thread, I'm not ready for another contestshipping v2. I don't think I'll handle the feels very well.
    That's kind of what I was getting at. See something like a shipping pair is extremely hard to kill. You'd have to make everyone stop shipping it. I was saying more of inactive and don't really do much anymore with it. I think for us it helps that May was a main traveling companion.

We're so fcked.jpg

Guys... The writers have forsaken us.

And then rewarded us with something else!!!

*Taken from the credits at the end of XYS01E02, during some promotion for Japanese viewers.
    Last edited by lunarshadow; 24th October 2013 at 6:35 PM. Reason: source

We're so fcked.jpg

Guys... The writers have forsaken us.

And then rewarded us with something else!!!

*Taken from the credits at the end of XYS01E02, during some promotion for Japanese viewers.
    You are late to the party.

And this doesn't mean they have foresaken Advanceshippers. It's just that SatoSere will have a few more hints. Nothing changes for advanceshipping.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I feel like Internet Explorer or something...

I feel like Internet Explorer or something...
    Here Lunar, just for you :3

Meme+Derp+(19).jpg

And yeah, even if SatoSere goes canon, that doesn't mean we have to stop shipping the ships we ship. That's the fun about shipping, right? Using your imagination to, well, imagine ships (?), for lack of better words.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneQuilava View Post
    Here Lunar, just for you :3

Meme+Derp+(19).jpg

And yeah, even if SatoSere goes canon, that doesn't mean we have to stop shipping the ships we ship. That's the fun about shipping, right? Using your imagination to, well, imagine ships (?), for lack of better words.

That was freakin perfect man. Describes my situation to a T. And you're right about our shipping situation just like everyone else. Since the whole idea of a ship is technically something that only exists in fandom, then the fans have every right to keep believing in it, even if it isn't actually true in the canon or the creator's head-canon. For example, I'm almost positive that Masashi Kishimoto actually wants Tenten and Lee, Neji and Hinata, Shikamaru and Temari, and Ino and Chouji to get to get together, but for other reasons he simply doesn't. Then it turns out more fans are into LeexSakura or HinataxNaruto or InoXShikamaru. Let's not even get started on Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke. Even if Kishi actually starts shipping characters, it would seem impossible that the excluded micro fandoms would die off.

Oh fandom.

That was freakin perfect man. Describes my situation to a T. And you're right about our shipping situation just like everyone else. Since the whole idea of a ship is technically something that only exists in fandom, then the fans have every right to keep believing in it, even if it isn't actually true in the canon or the creator's head-canon. For example, I'm almost positive that Masashi Kishimoto actually wants Tenten and Lee, Neji and Hinata, Shikamaru and Temari, and Ino and Chouji to get to get together, but for other reasons he simply doesn't. Then it turns out more fans are into LeexSakura or HinataxNaruto or InoXShikamaru. Let's not even get started on Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke. Even if Kishi actually starts shipping characters, it would seem impossible that the excluded micro fandoms would die off.

Oh fandom.
    Kishi trolls the ships. That's why I refuse to learn anything of my OTP until the whole things finishes.

But yeah, the fandom is a interesting thing. Sometimes the people listen to them and others they are ignored and only take in the majority of the thoughts of the fans. I think pokemon listen to us slightly, like with Ikarishipping. It was the most popular DP ship (well one of many) and they finally got a good hint when Dawn walked into his conversation with Reggie and both walk out of the pokecenter together right at the end of the league. It was here when he tells her why he dislikes Ash. If they knew it was a popular ship with DP started then maybe they could of got the Contest-canon treatment.

Maybe we could take in movie 9 as one too, as heavy CS was at the end of BF, Advance was still around and really, the only popular ships in AG were Contest and Advance. So maybe that's why we see movie 9 so shippy because the writers heard us. This could be a wild guess and could be not the case at all, but it isn't bad to make theories these things once and awhile right?

So what I'm trying to say if a opinion of one ship is so popular there is a chance the writers might add a moment or two to please us.

Kishi trolls the ships. That's why I refuse to learn anything of my OTP until the whole things finishes.

But yeah, the fandom is a interesting thing. Sometimes the people listen to them and others they are ignored and only take in the majority of the thoughts of the fans. I think pokemon listen to us slightly, like with Ikarishipping. It was the most popular DP ship (well one of many) and they finally got a good hint when Dawn walked into his conversation with Reggie and both walk out of the pokecenter together right at the end of the league. It was here when he tells her why he dislikes Ash. If they knew it was a popular ship with DP started then maybe they could of got the Contest-canon treatment.

Maybe we could take in movie 9 as one too, as heavy CS was at the end of BF, Advance was still around and really, the only popular ships in AG were Contest and Advance. So maybe that's why we see movie 9 so shippy because the writers heard us. This could be a wild guess and could be not the case at all, but it isn't bad to make theories these things once and awhile right?

So what I'm trying to say if a opinion of one ship is so popular there is a chance the writers might add a moment or two to please us.
    M9 is like the Holy Grail for us Advanceshippers. It was one of my favorites, bested only by the Lucario movie (the new VAs is what made the difference for me). But yeah.

Even though the series isn't focused on love and romance or whatever, I also feel like the writers listen to us and give us the odd treat here and there.

Good on you, writers. Good on you...

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

I'm tired and it's late, so like the past 5 comments don't make sense to me. But I have a simple question that would make sense (I'm positive it's already been asked before though.)

what is your favorite Advanceshipping moment/hint

And for me, I really enjoyed the movie(as I said before I'm tired so don't want to think) the one with manaphy. Intact I enjoyed all the movies. I also thought it fun when May plotted to follow Ash.

Page 222 of 269 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast