Page 223 of 267 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 6655

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    I'm tired and it's late, so like the past 5 comments don't make sense to me. But I have a simple question that would make sense (I'm positive it's already been asked before though.)

what is your favorite Advanceshipping moment/hint

And for me, I really enjoyed the movie(as I said before I'm tired so don't want to think) the one with manaphy. Intact I enjoyed all the movies. I also thought it fun when May plotted to follow Ash.
    See, I don't know about you guys, but I really like subtle hints. My two favorite ones are in Date Expectations (AG114). First, when Ash and May get separated from Brock and Max, and May thinks about spending the rest of her days in the island alone with Ash. I guess the mere fact that she thought of that possibility shows that she isn't against the idea of being with him for a long time.

Next, is when Ash lectures May, telling her that she should go on ahead to Pacifidlog, while he takes care of Max. That really showed me that he cares not only for to realize her dream of becoming a Top Coordinator, but that he also cares about the well-being of the people that mean a lot to her (her brother, no less). Her reaction (crying, then immediately wiping away her tears in an effort to not look weak, then sincerely thanking him) was also really shippy, in my opinion.

A close second is when May "follows" Ash all the way to Pallet, just to be able to travel with him again (AG 133). I dunno, just the fact that she went through the trouble of going to Kanto, finding out where he lives and showing the desire to stay by his side before even finding out that Kanto also hosts contests is pretty awesome. I also like how Ash was first to invite May to travel with him, when it's usually the other way around.

I also think that when May and Ash pull out their respective halves of the Terracotta ribbon, then proceed to put it back together and re-affirm it's importance to them (May in particular) is gold. The fact that they both have it on-hand (Ash doesn't have his bag on him, implying that he keeps it on his person) is also awesome. Then there's the sentimental departure at the end of DP 077, with May holding her hand over her heart while talking to Ash, of course.

Then there's also the episode where May is trapped in the jungle reserve-thing and Ash goes against everyone and goes out of his way to save lil' old May.

Of course, Movie 9 is also up there, for blatantly obvious reasons.

So there you have it. My favorite Advanceshipping moments of all-time. I actually took the time to re-watch each individual episode that I've mentioned, just to make sure that the facts are straight. That's the most work I've ever put into a post.

I'd like to say that at the current time, I'm at episode 168 (of 192) of the Advanced Generation Saga, so more shippy moments are sure to come. I can't wait for the famous "ribbon episode".

Also, to clarify, though I haven't seen the ribbon episode yet, I decided a while back to watch the 3 episodes in DP that have May in them. I did that because I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch the DP saga and I wanted to see May in all her glory. She is my favorite female companion, after all.

God I love this ship

Okay, so I expanded on this way more than I originally intended to. Oh well, it can't be helped. Bang. Wall of text, for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by ThatOneQuilava; 26th October 2013 at 8:11 AM.
    Shippings I like: Advanceshipping and AmourShipping.
    Shippings I don't exactly care for: Contestshipping and Pokéshipping.
    Everything else is fair game.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

3DS Friend Code: 2509-1774-0547
    XY Safari Pokémon: Onix, Nosepass, Rhydon

AG073-Grass Hysteria. The entire episode was awesome, but the fact that Ash was risking his life to save May was pretty amazing.
    Hey everybody, it's zeldafan128!

MultiShipper and proud.

YouTube: zeldafan128

Twitter: zeldafan128

FanFiction: zeldafan128

Minecraft: zeldafan128

What is your favorite Advanceshipping moment/hint

Date Expectations is one of my favs as well. Just the way he placed his hands on her shoulder, looking at her deeply with great concern and putting her dreams ahead of his and willing to look for Max to make her happy. I just screamed whenever I think of that episode. Just thinking of how concerned he is to May makes me really love this ship.

Also that episode when he saves May from Donphans. That was great to and also that was really the first time he had some contact with a girl that is different from the classic holding hands.

Grass Hysteria is also great cause Ash goes to all lengths to save May was so shippy. Then they share a great time with the grass type pokemon and their friendship grows even more.

The Bicker the Better is a classic, remember what those two trainers said that when two people work well in a tag battle they are meant to be one another (or something like that). I still hold that deeply because Ash and May do work well together in tag battles.

And I think these episodes were pretty close to one another so they aired pretty close. And I think I watched them in one go and it was great. Even though Contest maybe have the bigger evident hints it are these type of episodes that show that Advance has just as a big chance to be canon with Contest. Never rule out advance.

Random posting time by Seth!

I'm also kind of like quilava where I like some of the subtle hints also (even though I'm not the best at picking them out.) though thinking about it, you can turn most anything into a hint. For example, on the episode that I just finished was on Dewford island in granite cave. They all get seperated (except Ash and Brock) and Ash calls Mays name first. So that means he puts her first (well at least before her brother)
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Random posting time by Seth!

I'm also kind of like quilava where I like some of the subtle hints also (even though I'm not the best at picking them out.) though thinking about it, you can turn most anything into a hint. For example, on the episode that I just finished was on Dewford island in granite cave. They all get seperated (except Ash and Brock) and Ash calls Mays name first. So that means he puts her first (well at least before her brother)
    Yeah, I've noticed that a lot too. He does call her name first most of the time, either out of habit or perhaps something more... If you look at it from a shipping point of view, I guess it's kind of cute, seeing Ash worry about the girl first, then the rest. I wonder if it's like that in the original Japanese version?

On an unrelated note, I've been hunting for a Shiny Skrelp all day (13:00 until now). 182 egg hatches later... Nothing. FML.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

O
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneQuilava View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that a lot too. He does call her name first most of the time, either out of habit or perhaps something more... If you look at it from a shipping point of view, I guess it's kind of cute, seeing Ash worry about the girl first, then the rest. I wonder if it's like that in the original Japanese version?

On an unrelated note, I've been hunting for a Shiny Skrelp all day (13:00 until now). 182 egg hatches later... Nothing. FML.

I feel you.

Though what I was more getting at is that people can turn most anything shippy. Take a random scenario for example (no I am not thinking about it just writing thoughts so its not too specified scenario.) they both like to eat food, that's a hint from the creators!!! See what I mean, for someone they can turn anything into a hint. There are some real good ones, but I find some shipping hints ridicules. (All ships included)

O

I feel you.

Though what I was more getting at is that people can turn most anything shippy. Take a random scenario for example (no I am not thinking about it just writing thoughts so its not too specified scenario.) they both like to eat food, that's a hint from the creators!!! See what I mean, for someone they can turn anything into a hint. There are some real good ones, but I find some shipping hints ridicules. (All ships included)
    Yeah. I mean, unless it's blatantly obvious that there's at least some kind of emotional attachment (Ash putting May in the capsule thing in M9, for example), the so-called "hints" aren't exactly hints. They both like food. Who doesn't like food? Just personality quirks that both characters, is all. Unless one character develops habits and ways of thinking that originated from another character (thus displaying attachment) but that's a completely different story altogether.

UPDATE: 286 eggs, still no shiny

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

Yeah. I mean, unless it's blatantly obvious that there's at least some kind of emotional attachment (Ash putting May in the capsule thing in M9, for example), the so-called "hints" aren't exactly hints. They both like food. Who doesn't like food? Just personality quirks that both characters, is all. Unless one character develops habits and ways of thinking that originated from another character (thus displaying attachment) but that's a completely different story altogether.

UPDATE: 286 eggs, still no shiny

Have you thought of trading?
    I realize that they ask ridiculous things for them, but you may never catch one

Even with some of the so called "hints" it's still fun to see what they have in common

Have you thought of trading?
    I realize that they ask ridiculous things for them, but you may never catch one

Even with some of the so called "hints" it's still fun to see what they have in common
    Yeah, I mean, at least those things in common show that the characters in question have some chemistry and some compatibility, compared to some who don't have anything in common. However, a counter-argument to this is "opposites attract". Speaking from experience though, I know that things don't exactly work that way.

And yes, I have thought of trading. I've acquired a Japanese Skrelp and I'm Masuda Method breeding them. With odds of a shiny hatching a around 1/1024, I'm 8 times more likely to encounter one. It's just a waiting game now...

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

Yeah, I mean, at least those things in common show that the characters in question have some chemistry and some compatibility, compared to some who don't have anything in common. However, a counter-argument to this is "opposites attract". Speaking from experience though, I know that things don't exactly work that way.

And yes, I have thought of trading. I've acquired a Japanese Skrelp and I'm Masuda Method breeding them. With odds of a shiny hatching a around 1/1024, I'm 8 times more likely to encounter one. It's just a waiting game now...

Opposite attract can work. I know a friend that shares a relationship that is pretty much like Ikarishipping (at the start) and are still together till this day, so really, its not impossible but the chances for it to work is questionable.

Actually I caught a shiny just last night. Apparently the more tips you give the bigger chance you have to encounter shinies. It's even better when your using a poke radar in a huge field of grass. I think I was lucky to get one in three turns of using it. Head into grass that shake really fast and if you keep going into ones that are, you'll get one. If you see a grass shake really fast that glitter, thats a shiny for sure.

Alright, back onto the topic of advanceshipping guys.

Hello? Welp, i joined serebii to get some FCs last week and now, here i am, realizing there is actually a thread in Serebii for my OTP, btw, its great how it has been getting so much activity the last days (fuk i cant do the pk face in this laptop)

How did you find AdvanceShipping?

Welp, tbh i had a crush on May since i started watching the ADV generation, which was the last one i legitimately watched in the anime, instead of jut skipping through everything until the league in DP and BW. Back on topic, i was 8-9 and i thought May was the perfect girl (and still kinda do) back then, so, since as a kid i sorta related to Ash and his pokemon master quest, i wanted them so bad to be a couple i ended up believing it myself up until i watched the 3 episodes were May came back in DP, and i was old enough to realize they werent a couple. I guess you could say that was the main reason i left the anime, more than the horrible pacing and laughable storyline (sorry if im being too harsh, its just imo).

So, around this year, funnily enough in May, i watched the last 4 pokemon movies i hadnt seen in 4 years, since i actually really liked them, so, i streamed Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Zoroark Master of Illusions, Victini and the Black Knight, and Kyurem and the Sword of Justice in about one evening, and then remembered, why i had kinda lost interest in the anime. So then, i looked up May in google images and saw a bunch of AshxMay artwork, and thought about how i really liked this pairing, and then it happened. I saw 1 picture that said something along the lines of ''Advanceshipping, you know its the perfect couple''. Naturally, i googled it and read the ENTIRE list of hints on bulbapedia. That same day, i was reading fanfics, and during 2 months i went around reading any fic, good or bad, and i must accept i enjoyed them all, either because they gave me good laughs due to sheer cheesyness, or i got totally abstracted from the canon in the anime, with some like Two of a Kind or Fiercer than a Legendary. As i have read the last few pages, i see theres a lot i havent read.

Also, this fanfics basically introduced me to how to analyze and judge a story, so now i actually realize how horribly cliche and badly developed was the Twilight saga.

What is your favorite Advanceshipping moment/hint?

I totally love Bicker the Better, the way they both blush and try to say they have no liking for each other is so cute, after that i guess the more ''serious'' oments, such as the Donphan island and Ash showing how much he really does care for her. I cannot see any way this ship wasnt good, except for the fact, welp, **** YOU WRITERS.

And to end my presentation, i have an alt called ADVshipping on PokemonShowdown! that is how much i love this ship.

P.S. SOMEONE RECCOMEND ME GOOD READS, i kinda read quickly, so while Masquerade and Advance Wishes seems to be dragging on for quite some time, i have nothing to entertain me with bar breeding in bw2 and XY until pokebank.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned RG View Post
    P.S. SOMEONE RECCOMEND ME GOOD READS, i kinda read quickly, so while Masquerade and Advance Wishes seems to be dragging on for quite some time, i have nothing to entertain me with bar breeding in bw2 and XY until pokebank.
    Hey there, and welcome to the Advanceshipping thread!

I'll get to the point. Here are some good authors to start off with.

1-LuciferIX
    A great author all-around. Some of his fics are long, and some more are short, but that doesn't matter seeing as how they're all great reads. Check him out.

Click here

2-LittleMissMidnight
    Another awesome author. Her fics are also excellent reads. You won't regret it.

Click here

3-Matkin22
    He's an author who I'm checking out right now. His "Final Challenge" is pretty good. It also has a prequel and a sequel. Check his stuff out.

Click here

If that isn't enough, here's a whole list of shipping fics for you. Just scroll down to the Advanceshipping section and enjoy.

Click here

These are just some of the many awesome authors out there. If you want to know more, just PM me or something.
    ---
    To end, I recommend that you check out the ADVancers site. It's a place where a lot of Advanceshippers get together and chill. Really nice place.

Click here

So yeah, have fun checking them out and again, welcome

--EDIT--

Guys. They've started a new CS thread. They're not dead, after all...
    Last edited by ThatOneQuilava; 3rd November 2013 at 12:23 AM.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

My favorite episode was the one where May lost her first contest, Ash took the blame and those are the few moments where he was really that sincere to another person, as if they were really that close.

--

Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding this one-shot (I think?) fanfic where Ash went out the contest hall just to give May a flower. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    My favorite episode was the one where May lost her first contest, Ash took the blame and those are the few moments where he was really that sincere to another person, as if they were really that close.

--

Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding this one-shot (I think?) fanfic where Ash went out the contest hall just to give May a flower. Please help.
    Do you remember anything else about the oneshot? That is very little to go on if you want us to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon6o2 View Post
    Do you remember anything else about the oneshot? That is very little to go on if you want us to help you.
    To be honest, my problem is that what I stated is the only thing I can remember. Sorry for that guys, I guess I have to find harder. Thanks by the way.
    Last edited by CMDShift4; 5th November 2013 at 6:04 AM.

To be honest, my problem is that what I stated is the only thing I can remember. Sorry for that guys, I guess I have to find harder. Thanks by the way.
    First sorry for some inactivity been gone for a few days.

Second sorry I can't help you with that oneshot one way is you could search some keywords throughout the posts. Sorry again, but for a long story one sentence you remember.

Well I wish I could suggest a few oneshots with that theme but I've read so many over the years it would take ages to compile a good list or so.

Do you know which site you read it on? That *could* narrow things down.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

Hey I was wondering(yes I do that from time to time.)

What is the most popular advanceshipping format?

What I mean by this, is what type of format had the most productivity/activity and/or what is most popular with people (other people included). Possible formats would be fics, fanart, forums, ect. (Think of something else? Feel free to add it.)

Fanfiction no doubt. AS is really strong in that format. AMV's and fanart have been rather slow these days. The forums seems to be alive once again.

Fanfiction no doubt. AS is really strong in that format. AMV's and fanart have been rather slow these days. The forums seems to be alive once again.
    And that is also due to people like us. (Random faces). ): (: XD DX

Also as of late some forum activity has been better, maybe due to all the hoenn remake speculations.

And that is also due to people like us. (Random faces). ): (: XD DX

Also as of late some forum activity has been better, maybe due to all the hoenn remake speculations.
    Yesh. 3rd gen remake speculation has been good for activity. If they do, I hope that they give May a few cameo episodes in XY. I acknowledge the fact that she'll never be a part of the main cast ever again, but the least they could do is put her in for a cameo.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the newer audience won't know who she is and for that reason, they won't do it. After all, it has been 10 years since AG... Ah well, here's for hoping for a cameo and *maybe* a certain ribbon?

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

Yesh. 3rd gen remake speculation has been good for activity. If they do, I hope that they give May a few cameo episodes in XY. I acknowledge the fact that she'll never be a part of the main cast ever again, but the least they could do is put her in for a cameo.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the newer audience won't know who she is and for that reason, they won't do it. After all, it has been 10 years since AG... Ah well, here's for hoping for a cameo and *maybe* a certain ribbon?

Yeah but May's last cameo was in 2008 so really it hasn't been that long. May's Teddiursa figurine has made unexpected cameos in both the start and the last episode of BW and plus if May does make a cameo in XY Ash will talk about her to his friends and their travels together so the new fans will know who she is.

So really there isn't anything to worry about.

May and Ash are so cute together. I want to see them hug each other.

Yeah but May's last cameo was in 2008 so really it hasn't been that long. May's Teddiursa figurine has made unexpected cameos in both the start and the last episode of BW and plus if May does make a cameo in XY Ash will talk about her to his friends and their travels together so the new fans will know who she is.

So really there isn't anything to worry about.
    I imagine is would be something like charizard, where back story would be given, then she come.

Page 223 of 267 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast