Page 225 of 263 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6561

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneQuilava View Post
    What's this I see? Activity in the Advanceshipping thread. To be honest, I was kind of worried... Two weeks of inactivity isn't normal... Ah well.

Oh, hi aquadrop. Welcome to the family. I see you're from Toronto... I'm in Ottawa right now. Great to see another Canadian (for once).

For the sake of making this post relevant, I kinda like aquadrop's idea. As for contests, I doubt that they'd slap 'em back in the anime for the simple fact that they were a focus for what, 8 seasons? Making reference to them wouldn't be so bad, but they've already pulled the "contest cameo" card and, as we all know, once they pull the card, it's out for good... Then again, I could argue that my reasoning is somewhat flawed and whatnot, but that would be pointless...

Anyway, it's 5 to 5 in the morning and I'm going to bed now.

Oyasuminasai/ohayou gozaimasu, nandemo.
    Hi Quilava! (can I call you that?)
    Haha, yeah I think most of the people on this site are American, not that it matters where anyone's from :P

What accent Sethern?
    I don't notice any difference between the accents when I go to the States, well Chicago anyway xD
    But then again I don't talk to many people there or maybe I'm not as observant.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the 20th anniversary of Pokemon (I know its still a couple of years away)
    But I really hope they do a special like they did with the 10th anniversary (Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon).
    They brought back Misty for that one, so I'm hoping they bring back the whole cast for the 20th... although that'd be a LOT of characters in one movie.
    It'd be fun seeing May interacting with Serena, especially if she brings out her half of the ribbon and starts talking about her journey with Ash.
    *fingers crossed*

I don't know... my hope is deteriorating for remakes of Hoenn. THey keep teasing us, but I feel like if I keep my hopes up, they might get crushed.
    I'm just latching onto the possibility of a comeback during Pokemon's 20th anniversary xD

Well, hopefully this thread won't be inactive for months again... because I'm usually bored and lurking around serebii.
    Last edited by aquadrop13; 26th November 2013 at 4:10 AM.
    Pokemon battles/news, DBZ, Naruto, Anime, and Advanceshipping, yes there is actually an awesome place where you can discuss just about anything. The Advancers! Please join, everyone is welcome! http://advancers.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aquadrop13 View Post
    Haha, yeah I think most of the people on this site are American, not that it matters where anyone's from :P

What accent Sethern?
    I don't notice any difference between the accents when I go to the States, well Chicago anyway xD
    But then again I don't talk to many people there or maybe I'm not as observant.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the 20th anniversary of Pokemon (I know its still a couple of years away)
    But I really hope they do a special like they did with the 10th anniversary (Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon).
    They brought back Misty for that one, so I'm hoping they bring back the whole cast for the 20th... although that'd be a LOT of characters in one movie.
    It'd be fun seeing May interacting with Serena, especially if she brings out her half of the ribbon and starts talking about her journey with Ash.
    *fingers crossed*

I don't know... my hope is deteriorating for remakes of Hoenn. THey keep teasing us, but I feel like if I keep my hopes up, they might get crushed.
    I'm just latching onto the possibility of a comeback during Pokemon's 20th anniversary xD

Well, hopefully this thread won't be inactive for months again... because I'm usually bored and lurking around serebii.
    Well I doubt Gamefreak has forgotten about Hoenn. Some NPC's hints the region they are from in XY and in the art museum they talk about that old man with his wingull about flying flying or something. (oh that touched my heart so) and since Torchic got a mega and seems to be a favourite I'm sure we'll get something. stop the teasing damn it

So until then I'll pass the year with XY and hope a remake will be somewhere.

I think that Mastermind of Mirage pokemon was a hour long special, not a movie. And I'm sure we'll see everyone again its just a question who will get more screen time then who.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon6o2 View Post
    Well I doubt Gamefreak has forgotten about Hoenn. Some NPC's hints the region they are from in XY and in the art museum they talk about that old man with his wingull about flying flying or something. (oh that touched my heart so) and since Torchic got a mega and seems to be a favourite I'm sure we'll get something. stop the teasing damn it

So until then I'll pass the year with XY and hope a remake will be somewhere.

I think that Mastermind of Mirage pokemon was a hour long special, not a movie. And I'm sure we'll see everyone again its just a question who will get more screen time then who.
    Yeah, they definitely won't forget about Hoenn, or any other region for that matter xD
    Oops sorry, I called it a movie by accident, i know its a special xD
    Yeah I'm just hoping for more screen time with May.

All this speculating is tugging at my advanceshipping feels T_T

Anyway, I don't know if this question was done before, but
    How do you think May will have changed (or not changed) from her travels in Johto alone, and how will it affect her relationship with Ash should they ever meet again?

I was trying to think of an interesting question to facilitate discussion... I have pretty lame ideas.
    I'll answer later.
    Pokemon battles/news, DBZ, Naruto, Anime, and Advanceshipping, yes there is actually an awesome place where you can discuss just about anything. The Advancers! Please join, everyone is welcome! http://advancers.proboards.com/

Quil, Quilava, Q, whatever's easier for you.

Yeah, I'm not very discriminatory when it comes to nationalities, though it is nice to see someone that's from your own country, let alone the same province AND being roughly 3 hours apart...

How do you think May will have changed (or not changed) from her travels in Johto alone, and how will it affect her relationship with Ash should they ever meet again?

I mean, I could break this down in so many ways...

Realistically, I doubt that they'd give May a whole lot of backstory. Her character probably wouldn't change much. Ash'd just mention how he traveled with her and her brother for a little while and the likes. You know, just enough to familiarize the newer audience (if they did mention anything more, they'd be doing a HUGE fan-service).

Now, as for what I actually think... Perhaps journeying through Johto alone has allowed May to acquire some form of independence or maturity and, judging by how Ash has also been acting seemingly more mature, I think that they'd actually see eye-to-eye a little better (not that they weren't close already). This could perhaps lead to some kind of confidence boost or act as a motivator, of sorts.

But who am I kidding. Character development like that is completely unlike Pokémon. Nandemo.

Oh, and I should also say that if they did mention the ribbon, I'd probably fanboy everywhere until I die. Yup.

Oyasuminasai.

Shippings I like: Advanceshipping and AmourShipping.
    Shippings I don't exactly care for: Contestshipping and Pokéshipping.
    Everything else is fair game.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

3DS Friend Code: 2509-1774-0547
    XY Safari Pokémon: Onix, Nosepass, Rhydon

How I think she will change, is I feel like she will be and act more mature. I agree with quilava about probably not a big backstory. Though I wonder how it will all turn out. Since as I said before how I am oblivious to the newer episodes, I'm not sure how their interaction will be, so it's anyone's guess. For all we know the makers when the series is finishing, will make alternate endings for all the shippings. (The advanced wills be the best, of course.) As I said before if they being her back there will be plenty (or plenty interpreted) hints, so that'd be nice.

Well it's late (1 am) so I'm going to go to bed, but want to thank you all for just being good people and a great community. Keep up the spurts of activity we tend to have.

(Random pun from Seth[ps this is original my friends and I made it up,] feel free to use it) what do you call a crustacean that hits tennis balls real high. Try to figure it out, and I'll give the answer on my next post.
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    (Random pun from Seth[ps this is original my friends and I made it up,] feel free to use it) what do you call a crustacean that hits tennis balls real high. Try to figure it out, and I'll give the answer on my next post.
    A pretty damn talented crab-thing. Honestly, I have no clue.

Yeah, though it'd be cool to have alternate endings for each of the ship, *clears throat and adopts epic deep voice* there can be only one.

We all know which one that is, amIright

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

Yeah, I'm not very discriminatory when it comes to nationalities, though it is nice to see someone that's from your own country, let alone the same province AND being roughly 3 hours apart...

I agree, it is nice to see someone whose very close to you!

And as for the question....
    I think May will have definitely gotten more mature as a result of travelling alone. And more independent. She's a strong independent woman who don't need no man! (ignore my meme mind).
    She probably faced lots of new situations alone in Johto, and had to find strength all by herself instead of through her friends who were always by her side.
    (I'm sure she always kept her half of the ribbon for support when she was feeling down though ^^)

She left to find her own style. So if she meets Ash again, I'm sure she'll want to show him her new style. And maybe, May could teach Ash some new things for once xD

As for relationship changes, I think Ash will see her less as a student (someone who he needs to watch over), and more like a teacher because she's grown so much.
    He'll respect her even more.
    And of course, they'd bond over May's favorite food, noodles. :3

Oh, and I should also say that if they did mention the ribbon, I'd probably fanboy everywhere until I die. Yup.
    Yeah, I would totally fangirl till the end of Pokemon (which is... NEVER).
    It warms my little heart knowing that Ash is still carrying the ribbon with him (assuming, we don't see it on his little trophy shelf at the end of BW).

Ummm.... a lobSTAR?? (Idk where I was going with that answer.)
    Last edited by aquadrop13; 27th November 2013 at 12:32 AM.

I mean, I could break this down in so many ways...

Realistically, I doubt that they'd give May a whole lot of backstory. Her character probably wouldn't change much. Ash'd just mention how he traveled with her and her brother for a little while and the likes. You know, just enough to familiarize the newer audience (if they did mention anything more, they'd be doing a HUGE fan-service).

Now, as for what I actually think... Perhaps journeying through Johto alone has allowed May to acquire some form of independence or maturity and, judging by how Ash has also been acting seemingly more mature, I think that they'd actually see eye-to-eye a little better (not that they weren't close already). This could perhaps lead to some kind of confidence boost or act as a motivator, of sorts.

But who am I kidding. Character development like that is completely unlike Pokémon. Nandemo.

Oyasuminasai.

Before Ash was always the one to mentor May, but I bet now she's grown and matured a lot so maybe she can now give him some pointers lol but other than that I think she's still the same caring bubbly girl she's always been for years

First order of business, the closest one was aqua its a lobster not because of a STAR part but a high tennis hit is called a lob.

I agree she will be more independent, an have closer bonds with her Pokemon. Unlike Ash who has depended on people from the end of day 1. I agree that Ash would have more respect for her, and May would also, but for different reasons. More of the respect for an old mentor. And she would show her maturity by Waiting until marriage for the first kiss. She would act more independently and not always wait for approval or confirmation to do something. So I think if they do something it should be very interesting.

Time for pun number two!
    There was a sign on the lawn at the drug rehab center that said ""

Quote Originally Posted by AshsPikachu View Post
    I agree, for me personally Emerald is and has always been my favourite game. I'm pretty sure a while ago I heard remakes were in the making in 2012. I'm not sure if it's true but if it is, hopefully they'll be coming out soon!
    Lol, if they are in the making then good. The story line in R/S/E was pretty awful rival wise. I was so annoyed why I never saw Brendan evolved his Grovyle when I was younger. lol.

Pokemon wise I think most people have already given an answer. She'll be more mature and independent and maybe Ash and May could battle each other to show how stronger they have become. Did you see how proud Ash was when he discovered Beautiful learnt a new move in the Wallace Cup? I love that moment. His so happy to see May become the person she is now compared on how she started.

But if XY want to add some depth into her character they could make May come back and idk, she'll pretend that everything is alright in Johto when in fact she hasn't been herself after her lost at the Wallace Cup and hasn't been winning or passing the appeal rounds and Ash could teach her again to have faith and belief in herself. After a few days travelling with Ash May regains her confidence and thanks Ash even more. It's not a bad idea to further May's character even for a little bit but this is pokemon. But I have faith in XY so I'm keeping an open mind about character development.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 27th November 2013 at 1:47 AM.

Okay question
    Do you guys think that we'll ever see their half ribbons again?

Okay question
    AshsPikachu, don't double post, try to keep everything in one post (you can always edit them later into one giant post xD )

YES OF COURSE!
    I'm holding onto that hope. I mean they have showed it once in DP already, and its a symbol for the adventures Ash and May had, so if she comes back, I hope they'll mention the ribbon (or at least show it in a flashback to introduce her character).
    But then again, they don't mention Misty's lure anymore, and Ash has gone fishing in BW without mentioning it.
    I hope they don't think its overkill if they mention the ribbon 3 times xD

Lol, if they are in the making then good. The story line in R/S/E was pretty awful rival wise. I was so annoyed why I never saw Brendan evolved his Grovyle when I was younger. lol.
    I agree with the rival part in emerald... they need to make the rival much stronger. The friendly element was fine, but they should have at least made them more difficult to beat -.-

Okay question

Only in every modern fanfic. Now pertaining to the anime, I have a feelin they might, expeccicacly if they will give plenty of hints like theorized. It wouldn't be too hard for ten to incorporate it. Just cut some needless filler and put our Advanceshipping in instead.

All this talk of rivals got me thinking. The games would suck if they were in the viewpoint of the rivals.
    First thing you won't let your rival pass you without a battle. If you won you gloat and just stay there to repeat. If you lose you run away.

First games you constantly get beaten by your rival no mercy. Ten when you finally do something great, become the champion, instantly said rival comes and beats you,. Proving once again that you will never be the very best. Then your grandpa comes and cheers for him.
    With third gen, you constantly get beat by rival, though it doesn't bother you as much. Then you decide to quit training. Finally you miss the big battle of your friend or the championship.

So that would be weird. Answer to pun is. The sign on the lawn at the drug rehab center says keep off the grass.

Because I feel like it, a Pokemon pun.
    What Pokemon is best at playing the drums?

So that would be weird. Answer to pun is. The sign on the lawn at the drug rehab center says keep off the grass.

Because I feel like it, a Pokemon pun.
    What Pokemon is best at playing the drums?
    I agree... it does suck really bad to be a rival in the games, always getting beat by the same person xD

I don't get the lawn one pun, i'm slow T_T

And to answer the second question... umm idk bulbasaur with its vines? idk xD

Attachment 11181
    I thought this comic was cute xD
    May and her noodles lol.
    (idk how to display images, do I just paste a bbcode link?)

Attachment doesn't work Aqua. Just upload it on a image hosting site like photobucket or imageshack and post in the IMG code in your post.

Of course, why would Ash and May not show it? They should be proud of it. And plus, things like that mean a lot in japan or something like that.

Attachment doesn't work Aqua. Just upload it on a image hosting site like photobucket or imageshack and post in the IMG code in your post.

Of course, why would Ash and May not show it? They should be proud of it. And plus, things like that mean a lot in japan or something like that.
    I'm sure they'll show it, it's an iconic May memorabilia. If try show it once, they're bound to repeat itself. Unless its the gs ball.

Pun answer was ratata just because of drum noises.

Thank you midnight

Ugh its not letting me post, it keeps saying:
    "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words."
    Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, time for a new question...
    What's your favorite advanceshipping fan-made picture?
    There's so many to choose from, so it's okay if you have more than one >.<
    I just love seeing advanceshipping art in general.

I find I'm real similar to you. I don't really have a favorite, but if its good art, done right, an fun to look at, I enjoy it. So with most Advanceshipping fanart I like seeing them.

I like the ones that look realistic.. if that makes sense lol

And about the ribbon... part of me feels like it would show up but if you think about it Misty's lure was last seen in DP, same as the ribbon. Not once were either items brought up or shown in Unova so another part of me feels like they're not gonna bother to bring up the ribbon or even Misty's lure ever again. It's unfortunate but at the same time we shouldn't lose hope.

In contrast though, XY has a director that seems to be more "faithful" to the Pokémon we, the older fans, knew. Maybe the change in direction could be all it takes to revive "dead" memories... Maybe.

As for art, I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. If it's well-done and easy on the eyes, I like it. There are, however, a few favorites...

LINKS

Love this one. Do I have to explain why?

In terms of serious artwork, stuff like this is pretty awesome too...

This one's pretty funny, though not entirely AS...

I also really like comics or manga-esque work. Of course, any AS fanwork is awesome. As far as sources and credits go, all author names are either in the URL or on the page as-is.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

-Michael, VSauce

LOL I love the first one Quilava xD
    And the last one is still funny nonetheless :P

Ok hopefully I'm doing this right... (the artists should be written in the descriptions)

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps98a8903f.jpg
    Not exactly Advanceshipping but she just looks awesome.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps877e1e3f.jpg
    Comic. This one's pretty funny. Its funny because Ash held her like that twice throughout the season. ^^

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6376acac.jpg
    Another comic. May and her noodles xD I just posted it in case some of you guys haven't seen it before.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3224c45e.jpg
    This is probably one of my favourite advanceshipping pictures, Suzushiroya Suzuko is awesome!

Its just so hard to choose one favourite... >.<
    As long as they're well-done, i'll love anything.
    Last edited by aquadrop13; 30th November 2013 at 11:29 PM.

@aqua: If you want to show a image do not attach it to your post. I mean you can but I perfet not too. Alright this is how you do it. Go to either photobucket or imageshack. Upload your image. Copy the IMG code and then paste it into your post. If the image is too big you can always put the [size=XXX] (X are numbers) and then end your post with this [ with a forward slash to readjust the size.

And lol at the May with the ramen comic. I don't understand what is happening but it always makes me laugh.

Oh, I'm making a AS comic as well but its kinda in GIF format. I've done one here http://silvermoon602.deviantart.com/...tion-411630519 and I'm about to do another one. It's taking longer cause its going to be in colour.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 1st December 2013 at 8:35 AM.

Well since we're on the subject of fanart.

What do you enjoy most in Advanceshipping fanart, or what are some things you wish they had more of?

For me, unlike AshsPikachu, find the realistic ones to look weird. I prefer ones that portray more than just one thing at a time. Say, instead of just a pic of them hugging, the artist should portray their feelings in it. More detail the better. I also like it when they look similar to how they do in the Anime, since that's the format we all know and love them in. I wish that there was some more variety of fanart. Not everything has to be real close and personal to portray how they feel for eachother (in our eyes) so I wish they had more variety. (They already have quite a lot, but the more the merrier.)
    Last edited by Sethern; 1st December 2013 at 6:13 PM.

@aqua: If you want to show a image do not attach it to your post. I mean you can but I perfet not too. Alright this is how you do it. Go to either photobucket or imageshack. Upload your image. Copy the IMG code and then paste it into your post. If the image is too big you can always put the [size=XXX] (X are numbers) and then end your post with this [ with a forward slash to readjust the size.

And lol at the May with the ramen comic. I don't understand what is happening but it always makes me laugh.
    Thanks for the help Midnight! Is there a reason you don't prefer putting images in your post?
    Is it because it takes longer to load the page?

Omg your comic was so cute Midnight!! <3
    If only that would happen in the anime (well the hugging probably wouldn't, but the face pulling was hilarious)
    I didnt know you were silvermoon602 on deviantart, I always love looking at your artwork

As for Sethern's question:
    What do you enjoy most in Advanceshipping fanart, or what are some things you wish they had more of?

I don't find the realistic ones to look weird xD
    I love the variety in advanceshipping fanart, I mean you have artists that draw it really close to the anime stye, and others who draw them in different styles (other anime styles, realistic, etc.). I just wish there were more comics about advanceshipping, something that wouldn't be too oc for them.
    I know there are a lot but I'd prefer even more >.<
    Last edited by aquadrop13; 1st December 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Well since we're on the subject of fanart.

For me, unlike AshsPikachu, find the realistic ones to look weird. I prefer ones that portray more than just one thing at a time. Say, instead of just a pic of them hugging, the artist should portray their feelings in it. More detail the better. I also like it when they look similar to how they do in the Anime, since that's the format we all know and love them in. I wish that there was some more variety of fanart. Not everything has to be real close and personal to portray how they feel for eachother (in our eyes) so I wish they had more variety. (They already have quite a lot, but the more the merrier.)
    Good point there Don't get me wrong though I still like the ones that aren't realistic because they're really creative. Overall I just like fanart. And I wish they had more fanart of May in her Emerald outfit tbh.

Also this is a random question but I've been thinking about it. If you don't already know, the May/Haruka fanclub was closed down because of its inactivity, which I think is very unfortunate. The Misty fanclub is still going on and Misty hasn't appeared since the third generation. So I'm thinking about starting up the club again, but I want to make sure it will be active... so If I do decide to create the thread would you guys take part?

Page 225 of 263 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast