Page 3 of 268 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

What made you become an AdvanceShipper?

Well i stopped watching pokemon around the beginning of Johto and one night a long time after I had stopped watching pokemon I did not get any sleep so I was up the whoul night and watch TV. As i was browsing for any good on TV I switch on FoXKids and ther the first episode of pokemon AG series was starting her in Norway (it was destiny, I just now it). At that time I just knew Ash and May would be perfect together (I did not even think about paring Ash with Misty)

PS: Yay, finally I'm not the only one from Scandinavia in here
    Last edited by Mayziken; 1st July 2008 at 4:35 PM.
    Without soccer and girls life is wasted!!
    Liverpool, Rosenborg and Rangers is my heart and soul

| | | | | | |
    Credit to Misty-Fan-Forever for making the banner | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | May/Haruka<3

Wow, I haven't posted in a while...

Anyway:

What's your favourite fanart?
    To be honest, I like them all. There are a lot of good pictures and its quite hard to decide.

How would you envision AdvanceShipping in the future?
    Hmm... well, I would like to see it become canon (or close to canon) at the end of the series. That way, we can still have fun with guessing what's going to happen and a lot more fiction and art would most likely be born because of it.

If May does join the main group again, I hope to see more "romantic"-type interaction between them, eventually initiating some sort of canonical relationship.

by ashsat.
    Someone should try recolouring that, it would look really nice.

EDIT: I'll work on it, it'll be my first major project with GIMPshop(I finally ditched Photoshop 6).
    Last edited by swampert55; 1st November 2008 at 6:21 PM.

ummmm....Ash leaves sinnoh to go find May. ^^ That wold be cute. Then he would travel with her again and desert Brock and Dawn (sorry, Dawn) and it would majorly tick off Drew. Oh, and my world would be perfect if Harley is erased from the anime. He um...drowned. there we go. Ash pushed him in the river. (mwu ha haha) Now my anime world is perfect for the advanceshipping side of me. :3

~riolulu

Well, I can improve almost any fanart with Microsoftt Office Picture Editor, so I would do it, but the computer that has it is Internet-downed currently, so you'll have to wait a while (don't worry, I do not request to be credited, only the creator, since all I really do is make it into TrueColor format). Anyways, here's an example of a difference:

^Compare this, the original, with...

^This, the restored version. Both are by Suzu, and since his site is busted, no use for a link, is there?

How would you envision the future of AdvanceShipping?

I feel that this ship could become canon, even with all the struggles. A family would be likely, perhaps not an ideal family due to career choice, but nothing too bad.

My Fanfiction Account Page
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1396894/JbstormburstADV
    My AdvanceShipping Board
    http://jbstormburstadv.proboards98.com/index.cgi
    Roses die. Ribbons last forever

That banner was ridiculously over 46800 pixels so it was removed. Please read the signature rules.

That's pretty impressive, JB.

What's your favorite fanart?

I'm a huge PD+ fan and it's a really tough choice, but I gotta go with this one:

From PD+: http://pdxplus.main.jp/

I love pictures that tell stories and this one does exactly that. There were so many times during Hoenn that I wanted to see more "support" from May during Ash's battles or vice versa for May's contests. The way she's holding Pikachu there is also completely adorable!

I'd like to see May return to the group, somehow, somewhere. I don't think I'd want an all-out "I love you" scene, but I'd like the ensuing episodes to be stuffed with cuteness. Casual glances to each other, the occassional smile, May clutching Ash when she gets spooked by some weird sound at night, etc. Heck, even a scene where they hold hands while walking alone somewhere would be nice :D

And then, when the series comes to an end, it'll fast-forward fifteen years and we'll see two little kids playing about in the garden of a quaint home in Little Root Town. And then they'll run to their Mom, who of course is May, because their Dad just got home from work. And then the camera pans away and you see a certain Pikachu leap from his shoulder as the curtain falls...

Okay so the second paragraph is kinda far-fetched, but still! :p

How would you describe one of your own favourite advanceshipping moments?

Hm, favourite moment, favourite moment... I'd have to say Movie 9's capsule sacrifice without a doubt. The whole thing from Ash gently putting May in the capsule to May's pleas and encouragement being sent to Ash telepathically and giving him that last surge of strength he needed - it really just topped the entire movie off for me.

And now I've got the urge to go watch it again! :O
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

right here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R5ytc0Nsqmw

start at about 2:39 and go to 3:07

~riolulu

At first I was (and still am) a gymshipper and didn't really care much about Ash's love life. Then May came along and I noticed how May and Ash were calm and friendly to each other and how Ash just assumed the role of mentor to her. I thought that was adorable and I became an Advanceshipper ever since.

Well, May would come back first of all. Then I don't know if I want a huge confession scene since I usually gag at those. But just some really cute moments that strongly imply that they're together or close to it.

P.S: Good job on the new thread! It looks extremely nice. I'm excited to see where this thread and this shipping go in the future.

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

How would you envision the future of AdvanceShipping?
    Well, I would really like to see them make love and some other naughty things. xD But that is just me.

There are plenty I love.
    I liked the scene where May stripped off to her bikini in front of Ash without any shame.
    I also enjoy the cuteness and the 9th movie was amazing espicialy the capsual scene but my favorite was the luvdisc scene.

The way they looked at each other and and they didn't even speak to eachother in that scene. It made me think of the song. 'When you say nothing at all'

What's your favorite fanart
    Most of them have already been posted but I love all of them.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Now doesn't this make you fall in love with Advanceshipping all over again? 8D

New topic!

How Advanceshippy would the anime have to become to make you happy? or at least satisfied?
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

How Advanceshippy would the anime have to become to make you happy? or at least satisfied?

I'm satisfied with all the hints it gave us! But to be really happy I would like Ash and May to hug. even if it's once. even if Brock acendntally pushed may. i don't care. but a hug would make me happy.

~riolulu

I don't think it should be too shippy (as Revolutionary Destiny said too much fluff = an overdose of sugar). Confession scenes would really kind of ruin the romanticism and excitement of will-they-won't-they in my eyes. I just want lots of big, undeniably cute scenes - cute glances, more physical contact, more one-on-one interaction. All of those would work for me.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_RuLe View Post
    Don't worry, I remember you aswell ^^ It's good to see old regulars found their way to this new thread too.
    Hmm, I remember you. Three not bad, eh? lol.

Some shippy scenes, basically what Gazmof mentioned, but no confession, at least not for a long time. I would enjoy a similar situation to the fanfic Two of a Kind (by Cybercubed), in which their relationship slowly develops over time, rather than a rushed confession all of a sudden.

I recoloured that fanart.

Original, by ashsat.

And there's my recolouration. I couldn't fix May's hair though, it's extremely difficult to select because the whole image is so light. I'll keep trying.

At a level close to what it was during AG. When it gets there, it can be further developed upon.

swampert55, that's amazing! Great job on that recoloring!! I love it!

it makes me want to draw advanceshipping art...maybe I willl...

~riolulu

It had to be the fact that May reminded me of Misty. I've always liked the two I just felt like May went better with Ash. They got along but could fight at times and their arguements balanced out their relationship for me.

Banner Credit to Flame Mistress

Nice recoloring over there.

Slow and easy does it. I really don't mind the anime's pace at featuring advanceshipping - both May and Ash are still a little young and dense and it's understandable that there are not going to be any big hints anytime soon. I'd say I'm not entirely satisfied with the number of hints (hey, no shipper wants less hints for their ship), but they're good enough to make me hold on.

Yeah, it definitely made me happy when I see hints everywhere. They are young so that's not obvious.So we have to wait till Ash grows up a little (which means after fifth, sixth and seventh or more generations... =O) I'm kinda shocked that there're more regions to their world...

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii serebii View Post
    Yeah, it definitely made me happy when I see hints everywhere. They are young so that's not obvious.So we have to wait till Ash grows up a little (which means after fifth, sixth and seventh or more generations... =O) I'm kinda shocked that there're more regions to their world...
    what I am shocked by is how weird time is in theese pokémon worlds. If Each year actually counted as a year, Ash would now be like, 18. yet he still is supposed to be around 12. O.O

but that's okay, because he's easier to ship with may this way! ZD

~riolulu

Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    what I am shocked by is how weird time is in theese pokémon worlds. If Each year actually counted as a year, Ash would now be like, 18. yet he still is supposed to be around 12. O.O

but that's okay, because he's easier to ship with may this way! ZD

~riolulu
    RIOLULU~!!! *huggies* BP says that he was also 10 when he met May. So assuming that Johto and Kanto are fast, it means that he spent less than a year conquering 16 gyms. And his level of training and battling are not exactly one of a kind either. So let's say...:

Ash - 10 years, 355 days.
    May - just turned ten.

I think something is missing here... Coz if I assume that May's birthday is somewhere after June (like PokeSupe's Sapphire), Ash is nearly a whole year older than her.

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

RIOLULU~!!! *huggies* BP says that he was also 10 when he met May. So assuming that Johto and Kanto are fast, it means that he spent less than a year conquering 16 gyms. And his level of training and battling are not exactly one of a kind either. So let's say...:

May - just turned ten.

I think something is missing here... Coz if I assume that May's birthday is somewhere after June (like PokeSupe's Sapphire), Ash is nearly a whole year older than her.
    was he seriously supposed to be ten? I thought his travels with Misty weew at LEAST two years long. Maybe three. He at least looked older when he met May. At least eleven! uggg.

you're right something is missing...

~riolulu

I don't think Ash's age is guessable, after all, they never did mention anything about it other than stating he was ten. Maybe ages aren't really important in the anime ^^;

I guess I'd pretty much have to agree with everyone else on this, not much more than we already have. I'm pretty content with everything now, but a little more would help. Like, maybe one or two blushing scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by swampert55 View Post
    I recoloured that fanart.

Original, by ashsat.

And there's my recolouration. I couldn't fix May's hair though, it's extremely difficult to select because the whole image is so light. I'll keep trying.
    Awesome swampert55, it looks so much better now and, well, somewhat newer. ^^
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

On the subject of Ash's age, I see it like this; let's assume that there's a Pokémon League Tournament yearly, and that they take placein every region at the same time of year, which is a likely scenerio. Accounting Ash's adventures through Kanto and Johto, he should have been two years older than May when they first met.

May - just turned ten.

In the mini-movie that is shown in before third movie, Ash notes that it had been a year since he met Pikachu. At the least, Ash is eleven. Considering this take place in early Johto, however, most likely Ash was twelve when he met May.

My opinion here, one of my quirks of Pokéshipping, among others, is the huge age difference between Ash and Misty. Ash was ten when he started his journey, while Misty must have been well over ten considering she was a Gym Leader. Just my take on this.
    Last edited by Meganium Ex; 3rd July 2008 at 5:11 AM.

I don't think Ash's age is guessable, after all, they never did mention anything about it other than stating he was ten. Maybe ages aren't really important in the anime ^^;
    I thought that there was on grand festival every year, no? how many grand festivals was May around for? two? three?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Meganium Ex View Post
    On the subject of Ash's age, I see it like this; let's assume that there's a Pokémon League Tournament yearly, and that they take placein every region at the same time of year, which is a likely scenerio. Accounting Ash's adventures through Kanto and Johto, he should have been two years older than May when they first met.

In the mini-movie that is shown in before third movie, Ash notes that it had been a year since he met Pikachu. At the least, Ash is eleven. Considering this take place in early Johto, however, most likely Ash was twelve when he met May.
    very good thinking! so he was twelve when he met May. two years older. I like that. it seems...perfect xD

~riolulu
    Last edited by riolulu; 3rd July 2008 at 5:11 AM. Reason: adding more ^^

Page 3 of 268 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast