Page 4 of 267 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Misty was twelve. Brock was fourteen. Max was... eight or nine? I dunno about the Ash-is-12-when-he-met-May thing. But he was slightly taller than her, minus his hair spikes.

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Misty was twelve. Brock was fourteen. Max was... eight or nine? I dunno about the Ash-is-12-when-he-met-May thing. But he was slightly taller than her, minus his hair spikes.
    I thought Max was more like a late-six-to-early-seven-year-old. He seemed short enough to be about five O.O

Brock was fourteen? hhm he seemed 16 to me, lol. but what do I know? I know nothing.

Yeah, he was taller than her, he was more mature than he was with Misty, but he seemed to match may in that category, if not slightly less mature. So he coul've been eleven, I guess.

anyone know how many grand festivals May's been in? I just started watching Advanced Challenge...

~riolulu

Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony
    Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    I thought Max was more like a late-six-to-early-seven-year-old. He seemed short enough to be about five O.O

Brock was fourteen? hhm he seemed 16 to me, lol. but what do I know? I know nothing.

Yeah, he was taller than her, he was more mature than he was with Misty, but he seemed to match may in that category, if not slightly less mature. So he coul've been eleven, I guess.

anyone know how many grand festivals May's been in? I just started watching Advanced Challenge...

~riolulu
    Two. One in Hoenn, the other in Kanto. Actually, I'm not sure either. Brock looks old enough to be eighteen but his antics when there are girls around match those of a 13-year old *facepalms* Max is short. Just like Ash. Paul is taller than Ash and he's easily the same age as Ash (if Ash is 11 as well). Guess shorties will forever stay shorties XDDD And Ash seem to be on the same level of maturity with May, which is why we are here right? =DDD

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii serebii View Post
    Two. One in Hoenn, the other in Kanto. Actually, I'm not sure either. Brock looks old enough to be eighteen but his antics when there are girls around match those of a 13-year old *facepalms* Max is short. Just like Ash. Paul is taller than Ash and he's easily the same age as Ash (if Ash is 11 as well). Guess shorties will forever stay shorties XDDD And Ash seem to be on the same level of maturity with May, which is why we are here right? =DDD
    righttt! At times Ash can be more maure than May and at times she can be WAY more mature. It all depends on the situation. :3 I like that about them, they seeem to balance eachother well. All for more of the shippyness!

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    righttt! At times Ash can be more maure than May and at times she can be WAY more mature. It all depends on the situation. :3 I like that about them, they seeem to balance eachother well. All for more of the shippyness!

~riolulu
    Hohoho~ The Bicker the Better, both of them were stubborn and immature. And my friends had a lot to say about the Nidos' attacks XDDD

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii serebii View Post
    Hate to say it, but those all are assumptions that don't stray too far from wild guesses, and could very well differ highly from their real ages. The only instances when ages have been confirmed in the animé are as follows:

1) Ash when he started his journey.
    2) Ash at the party in the third movie's short.
    3) May when she started her journey.
    4) Dawn when she started her journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Meganium Ex View Post
    Hate to say it, but those all are assumptions that don't stray too far from wild guesses, and could very well differ highly from their real ages. The only instances when ages have been confirmed in the animé are as follows:

1) Ash when he started his journey.
    2) Ash at the party in the third movie's short.
    3) May when she started her journey.
    4) Dawn when she started her journey.
    Exactly. Other then this four moments, the pokemon anime hardly ever states something about time. Pokemon could easily be an anime without true time/character aging. Point is we don't really know anything about it besides that all main chararters are still quite young. Ofcourse Ash acts a little more mature then at the start, but that is something that has more to do with experience/character development then age. I suggest we stop the age discussion because nobody knows for sure, and more important, it is a bit off topic in this thread.

How Advanceshippy would the anime have to become to make you happy? or at least satisfied?

I'm quite satisfied about the many cute moments our ship got. If you compare this to most shippings, we really shouldn't complain much. Though ofcourse I would like more moments, especially more undinable 'hints' in the future. This should also mean that May will join Ash again someway later on too. I can't see this anime ending anytime soon, so there will be enough possibilities for advanceshipping. I also agree with Gazmof that I wouldn't like to much fluff, it must stay believable (not out of character) imo.
    Last edited by Hunter_RuLe; 3rd July 2008 at 12:52 PM.
    Bring Back The Golden Age

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_RuLe View Post
    Exactly. Other then this four moments, the pokemon anime hardly ever states something about time. Pokemon could easily be an anime without true time/character aging. Point is we don't really know anything about it besides that all main chararters are still quite young. Ofcourse Ash acts a little more mature then at the start, but that is something that has more to do with experience/character development then age. I suggest we stop the age discussion because nobody knows for sure, and more important, it is a bit off topic in this thread.

How Advanceshippy would the anime have to become to make you happy? or at least satisfied?

I'm quite satisfied about the many cute moments our ship got. If you compare this to most shippings, we really shouldn't complain much. Though of course I would like more moments, especially more undeniable 'hints' in the future. This should also mean that May will join Ash again someway later on too. I can't see this anime ending anythime soon, so there will be enough possibilities for advanceshipping. I also agree with Gazmof that I wouldn't like too much fluff, it must stay believable (not out of character) imo.
    It was a bit in topic, the age discussion thing.

Edited your phrase, some spelling errors. There's a hint that there's a fifth generation coming up O.O which means... Ash's future of training 10 year old newbies is really starting to sink in. He doesn't have to be the Master anymore. He could set up a school for 10 year olds.

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

It was on-topic to begin with, but after a page worth of contemplating it seems to have strayed away from its relation to the 'ship :p

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) the anime really isn't very consistent with time. In episode 9 (of the dub at least), Giselle asks Ash how long he's been a Pokemon trainer, to which he replies "about two months, I guess". Clearly every 9 episodes does not equate to two months ^^;;

The way I like to see it is that a year passes with every generation. Ash was 12 at the start of AG so now he's 13 at the start of DP. Nevertheless it really doesn't matter - Ash and May's ages are clearly close enough to not cause trouble or controversy.

So, here's a topic for us to consider and get us back on track:

What kind of a relationship does Advanceshipping make you think of?

What I mean by this is, is May the damsel in distress? Is Ash the hero? Or are the two on equal footing?

I think that Advanceshipping, moreso than most other shippings, would be on very equal ground. Ash and May are both very kind and considerate towards each other and have a deep amount of respect for one another. Ash admires May's ability in contests while May respects Ash's battle prowess. They're both considered equals and I've always liked this fact about Advanceshipping. They have lots of similarities and when they do differ they don't clash over the details, they just respect each other.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post
    It was on-topic to begin with, but after a page worth of contemplating it seems to have strayed away from its relation to the 'ship

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) the anime really isn't very consistent with time. In episode 9 (of the dub at least), Giselle asks Ash how long he's been a Pokemon trainer, to which he replies "about two months, I guess". Clearly every 9 episodes does not equate to two months ^^;;

The way I like to see it is that a year passes with every generation. Ash was 12 at the start of AG so now he's 13 at the start of DP. Nevertheless it really doesn't matter - Ash and May's ages are clearly close enough to not cause trouble or controversy.

So, here's a topic for us to consider and get us back on track:

What I mean by this is, is May the damsel in distress? Is Ash the hero? Or are the two on equal footing?

I think that Advanceshipping, moreso than most other shippings, would be on very equal ground. Ash and May are both very kind and considerate towards each other and have a deep amount of respect for one another. Ash admires May's ability in contests while May respects Ash's battle prowess. They're both considered equals and I've always liked this fact about Advanceshipping. They have lots of similarities and when they do differ they don't clash over the details, they just respect each other.
    I think that she isn't the damsel in distress type, except for that Slaking epi where she really lost her mind just because she wanted her Ribbons back. I think they are on equal footing (let's forget the times Ash tried to act hero). Like Gazmof said, they are similarly alike, and respects each other. May has her own share of saving-the-day. Like, er... does the Manaphy movie count? =x

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Maybe a abit of blushing from May and Ash or some hugging here and there. i don't accept much from ASh and May. i mean there teenagers. theres no need to rush.

And about Ash's age does it really matter about Ash age? Ash is just a anime character. i think the people that make pokemon don't really care about Ash's age.

ah, sorry guys, I started the age conversation. *sweatdrop* sorry! It's all my fault!

um...do we need a new topic? it seems that everyone answered the current one, no?

what do you think Ash and May will be like in about seven years? What do you think their relationship will be like?

the whole time-and-age thing made me think this up. It's assuming that they ill be around seventeen to eighteen at that time. I think it's a good topic, what about you guys?

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

I like the hints that are already there but it would be nice to see some really big and obvious ones as the riavl ships (PokeShipping and ContestShipping), seem to have their own. Also, some of the Advanceshipping hints get too easily disproven (I remember reading through a debate thread between Advnaceshippers and Contestshippers where it happened).

IMO, it makes me think of a more fun-loving, friendly relationship than a lovey-dovey one. I don't think there would be a dull moment either. Of course, there would be sweet moments (like some we've already seen).

What do you think Ash and May will be like in about seven years? What do you think their relationship will be like?
    Personally, I think that Ash would be in his early twenties and May would one or two years younger (But this is my opinion; it may not be correct). After seven years, I think Ash and May would be very busy people since they would most likely be very close to achieving their dreams (if they haven't done so already). I think Ash would either still be travelling and competing in League Tournaments or become a Frontier Brain/Gym Leader/Elite Four (We don't really know what a Pokemon Master is as it is hardly touched upon in the anime). Ash also likes the idea of becoming a Pokemon Ranger (this is questionable, but he does seem to admire them in a way and even preted to be one in the Manaphy movie) but it seems unlikely to happen.

As for May, she would have probably won at least one Grand Festival in that time. I'm, guessing she wouldn't be entirely satisfied with one and would keep competing in contests. In order to do so, she needs to keep travelling.

In terms of their reationship, I could say that they would be a happy couple (married, perhaps?) but, realistically, I cannot imagine what it would be like. Honestly, I'm not very good at predicting the future without having any facts and/or opinions to aid me. I will say, however, that they would be closer. How close? Who knows...

What do you think Ash and May will be like in about seven years? What do you think their relationship will be like?

Well i think Ash would be a gym leader or pokemon master by then and May would be a top corodinator. they would be very busy people by then. and for their realationship. hmmm. They would be happy of course but i can't see Ash in his late teens. we just have to wait to see the hints and facts.

As long as there are plenty of cute moments, I would be more than satisfied with well plotted hints and interaction between Ash and May. As long as they are together, interacting, I'd be pretty satisfied with it.

I'd say both would be well accomplished in their goals by then. Probably Ash becomes a high figure amongst trainer, perhaps a champion or maybe former champion. May would be a highly credible coordinator and she'd be pretty famous I think. But I'm sure they'll meet up often and probably form a serious relation by then.
    Last edited by buster_wolf; 4th July 2008 at 12:50 AM.
    I waste my life away on Nico Nico Douga.

Seven years, hm? Married :D

As buster_wolf already said; I can imagine seeing Ash as a high-ranking trainer; possibly a champion though probably more likely to be a member of the Elite Four or simply a wandering trainer who just beats every tournament he comes across. He came pretty close during the BF when Scott offered him a role as a Frontier Brain, but I think Ash loves his travelling. Perhaps in seven years time his wanderlust will have faded and he'll want to settle down a bit more.

As for May; she also has a big streak of wanderlust. There's no doubt in my mind that she'll be a Grand Festival winner fairly soon. I think it'd be really cute to see Ash settle down somewhere in Hoenn as an E4 member and then May returns home to find him living nearby. They'll start to slow down their respective careers and begin having coffee every week until eventually May suggests Ash buys her dinner one night and bam before you know it, they're going steady and wedding bells will follow soon after :D
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Hi, this is the very first post on Serebii.net forums ever, so let's see how this goes. I used to be a Pokeshipper, back when it was viable, but by far Advanceshipping is my favorite!

To be really honest, I think that I am as of now satisfied, but I get the feeling the animators are trying to push May a bit out of the picture. I would like a bit more appearances, maybe a phone call or something, but I think that scene where the two of them pull out their ribbon halves was the best moment of her return.

I think that it is a bit like the mentor student dynamic that is often expressed, but I also think it's the kind of relationship that is like best friends for a really long time before any real moves are made, and they are the ones that last.

Hopefully, because Ash hasn't won a single League yet, he will indefinitely win the Sinnoh League and go on to defeat the Sinnoh Champion, Cynthia. As for May, she will have probably won at least one friggin Grand Festival and then gone back home to settle down afterwards. IF, and that's a big if, if the anime decides to actually do all of this, I'm sure that the two of them would probably sit down somewhere, have an ice cream or whatever after the League, and then hopefully stay in touch often. And then the whole confession, wedding, kids, and so forth and so on.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Shouldn't have expanded on that age topic more than I needed to. :x

Well, to be honest, if Ash and May didn't recognize any feelings for each other after seven years, I would have lost all hope by then. Then again, a situation could play out similar to the one in After Hoenn (Power Shot)... But I also doubt May would end up in a romantic relationship with Drew, at least I don't hope so.

On another subject, I've been looking around Fanfiction.net, and here's one of my favorite Advanceshipping stories I've read on the site to date. It can be added to the second post, as it pretty much retains all the qualities listed on said post. Link.

What do you think Ash and May will be like in about seven years? What do you think their relationship will be like?I think Ash would be a pokemon master by then, and most of his pokemon might evolve, same with May(top coordinater). As for their relationship, They might have confessed their feelings by then and might be traveling together again. But like Meganium EX said, if they don't confess their feelings in 7 years,.........ALL hope is lost.

Advanceshipping 4 eva!!!!!!

What do you think Ash and May will be like in about seven years? What do you think their relationship will be like? Well, what can I say that you guys haven't, nothing. But I'll say it anyway. I think they'll they'll both have reached their goals (pokemon master and top coordinator) and will have confessed their feelings to eachother. And I think you're right, even I (the worlds dumbest person when it comes to love) know that if they haven't told eachother about their feelings in seven years, then it isn't going to be them.
    Last edited by Khornate Advanceshipper; 4th July 2008 at 1:11 PM.
    The difference between a Space Marine and an Imperial Guardsman.
    IG "You have been declared a heretic, now die"
    Me "Are this bunch of Imperial credits enough for you to not kill me?"
    IG "What, I don't remember anything about killing. Have a nice day"
    SM "You have been declared a heretic. Any last words?"
    Me "Yeah, are this bunch of Imperi"
    SM shoots me with his bolter

Well, I'm already failing in my endeavor to post here more often...

Hmmm...... good one. I reckon Ash will have definately beaten at least one League by then, and the same for May with Grand Festivals. Hopefully, Ash will be less dense than he is now. As for 'feelings' I honestly don't know. Maybe Ash will be fairly less dense by then, allowing him to 'notice' May, like 'that'.

I actually know a really great fic that pertains to this. I dunno if you guys have heard of it. Well, I know JB has. It's called Project Arceus, by Elite4James. He's a regular on JBs board, and it's a fic set in the future, about 10 years or so. I think it's an awesome fic, and you guys should like it. Here it is:

Project Arceus - Elite4James
    Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 4th July 2008 at 5:55 PM.
    Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

Random arts by DaisyInari

Feel like a different style of battling? Where your Charizard isn't useless
    because your opponent has Stealth Rock up? Why not check out the:

Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever
    first-stage Pokémon you want, and work your way up! Not sure how to begin?
    We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

Ah, yes, Project Arceus is EXCELLENT.

I feel that the anime is already AdvanceShippy enough, but it needs some work. Put in some cuddling and I'd be all right.
    Last edited by Jbstormburst; 6th July 2008 at 2:16 AM.

My Fanfiction Account Page
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1396894/JbstormburstADV
    My AdvanceShipping Board
    http://jbstormburstadv.proboards98.com/index.cgi
    Roses die. Ribbons last forever

That banner was ridiculously over 46800 pixels so it was removed. Please read the signature rules.

Post #100 already (+ my 1450's post - Rank up xD) ^^

Much like most of you said I think Ash and May would've accomplished all of their current goals and they should've been sure about their feelings at this time too. Ash can't be dense forever, or can he?

Though it is impossible to tell what Ash and May would be doing seven (pokemon anime) years from now. Somehow I think Ash will still be traveling and improving himself, because he doesn't look like someone who can stand still at all. May might be travelling a lot with him, but they can also build a place they can come home too and where they can can see their friends and family. Some day they might even start their own family there and the baton can be passed to another generation.
    Bring Back The Golden Age

Wow everyone is saying they will have confessed their feelings by seven years hope will be lost. It makes me really want to write a fic that haves them confes their feelings AFTER seven years. lol.

but, to contradict everyone else here, I think they will drop pokemon at some point to date, then marry. :3

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

You know, I'd hate to agree with riolulu about the whole the-writers-would've-dropped-it-by-then thing, but I would at least like the very end of the entire series to have Ash finally find out that he loves May and that she does as well. Or if all goes well, that happens and then in the epilogue they are getting married. That would be a nice change from training to settling down.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Page 4 of 267 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast