Page 47 of 268 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 6700

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Do you think SquirtShipping and VineShipping supports AdvanceShipping?
    It's Hydrashipping and Vineshipping, and yes, I do.
    What Happens..., an AmourShipping fic.
    Read it if you want, I won't force you.
    Also, read my Amourshipping drabble, about Amourshipping.

"An inspiring book on overcoming life's obstacles."
    New York Times 4-8-2016

Write it down on your calendars.

We're experiencing technical diFICculties,
    Please stand by.

While I'm gone, I'm gonna read the whole of AmourShipping thread. Wish me luck.

It's Hydrashipping and Vineshipping, and yes, I do.
    Ah ok,Ill just change that :V
    Do you think HyrdaShipping and VineShipping supports AdvanceShipping?
    All better ^^
    Pokemon pearl freind code: 4511-7516-4862

Check out XxMays_FlowerxX's AMAZING story (in progress!)
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=404677
    And her SUPER-COOL-AWESOME oneshot!!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=403481

Advance4ev is my best bud! ^^

Heh I kinda thought it was Squirtshipping too ^^. Well this is what happens when we have a shipping for practically every pokemon so far

Do you think HyrdaShipping and VineShipping supports AdvanceShipping

Yes, I think it does because, like the person above said, when two Pokemon are in love so does the trainer. I'm more of a Vineshipper mainly because of the episode Hokey Pokeballs. Ash's bubasaour(forgot how to spell it) was kinda like May's Bulbasaor's role model, or something like that; kinda like how May and Ash were.

Squirt/Hydra/Whatever you wanna call it Shipping....All I can remember is that May said that her Squirtle was a lot smaller than Ash's. Which really has nothing to do with the shipping at all....

So yes, I do think it supports Advanceshipping.
    I'm not dead.... Just unavailable :'(

Special Thanks to Ampy for making the wonderful banner. ^^

I really don't know. i mean look at Dawn's Buneary. it has a crush on Ash's pikachu, wouldn't that mean Dawn has a crush on Ash? and yet she has shown no romanti interest in Ash YET.

With these two, Vine and Hydra. i mean maybe vineshipping but im not too sure with hydrashipping.

I really don't know. i mean look at Dawn's Buneary. it has a crush on Ash's pikachu, wouldn't that mean Dawn has a crush on Ash? and yet she has shown no romanti interest in Ash YET.

With these two, Vine and Hydra. i mean maybe vineshipping but im not too sure with hydrashipping.
    ^ That's not true, If you remember correctly, Buneary developed her crush BEFORE Dawn caught her, that means that theory, in this case, is wrong.

New York Times 4-8-2016

Please stand by.

No.

Otherwise, I'd consider Ash X Florinda and Ash X Pink Butterfree's trainer to have some canonical merit. And look what humorously happened to the former, and how much detail got put into the latter.

Because like Oak once said, or was it Tracey, some of them, that when two Pokemon falls in love, there trainers falls in love.
    1) Brock said that

2) In the same episode as the Pink Butterfree trainer, coincidentally.

3) The fact that Butterfree was Ash's and Brock still went ahead and said that proves that he was just wanting face time with the girl, and that his words shouldn't really be taken for granted.

/killjoy

Otherwise, I'd consider Ash X Florinda and Ash X Pink Butterfree's trainer to have some canonical merit. And look what humorously happened to the former, and how much detail got put into the latter.
    Ah,please exscuse me,I do not remember that...but I dont see why I shouldnt trust you.

Squirt/Hydra/Whatever you wanna call it Shipping....All I can remember is that May said that her Squirtle was a lot smaller than Ash's. Which really has nothing to do with the shipping at all....
    Well...if two trainers both had the same pokemon(squirtle in this case of course) they are automatically paired together,which then leads to idea of those trainers paired together (ash and may,DUH!),which is why I think HydraShipping supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFusion76 View Post
    Ah,please exscuse me,I do not remember that...but I dont see why I shouldnt trust you.
    Going off of Brock's words, Ash X Florinda would be the result when the words are applied to Ash's Bulbasaur and Florinda's Gloom, in the episode "Make Room for Gloom." But the episode is Brock-centered in general, and it ends with Florinda declaring her love to her co-worker, Potter.

Ash X Pink Butterfree's trainer is, quite obviously, stemmed from Butterfree X Pink Butterfree in "Bye Bye Butterfree." The Butterfree's trainer, however, had only one line's worth of speaking, only had about 4 seconds of screentime, and was not even given a name. Needless to say, nothing came out of the Pokemon's relationship XD

I just don't buy the whole "Pokemon love -> Trainer love" quirk that is often brought up in Advanceshipping's and Pearlshipping's defense, because a) the line was brought up only once, and b) there are cases where it would have been true, but didn't.

If I angered anyone with this, I apologize. but I rather be fully knowledgeable of all of the facts surrounding the show, than just amplifying one instance of the anime. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Going off of Brock's words, Ash X Florinda would be the result when the words are applied to Ash's Bulbasaur and Florinda's Gloom, in the episode "Make Room for Gloom." But the episode is Brock-centered in general, and it ends with Florinda declaring her love to her co-worker, Potter.

Ash X Pink Butterfree's trainer is, quite obviously, stemmed from Butterfree X Pink Butterfree in "Bye Bye Butterfree." The Butterfree's trainer, however, had only one line's worth of speaking, only had about 4 seconds of screentime, and was not even given a name. Needless to say, nothing came out of the Pokemon's relationship XD

I just don't buy the whole "Pokemon love -> Trainer love" quirk that is often brought up in Advanceshipping's and Pearlshipping's defense, because a) the line was brought up only once, and b) there are cases where it would have been true, but didn't.

If I angered anyone with this, I apologize. but I rather be fully knowledgeable of all of the facts surrounding the show, than just amplifying one instance of the anime. ^^
    Maybe it only applies to Pokémon within the same species or evolutionary branch

New York Times 4-8-2016

Please stand by.

I belive that pokemon love=trainer love is a hint, but not binding. For example, ash's pikachu could love Dawn's buneary, but that does NOT mean ash had to get together with Dawn. He could get together with May or misty, but since pokemon personalities often mirror trainer personalities, that is a Peralshipping hint. For this reason, I belive that Vineshipping DOES support advanceshipping, but not by much.

By the way, I also like firegrass shipping (SceptileXBlaziken) I know it doesn't have much cannon, but i'm a fan. That goes along the same lines of vineshipping for AshXMay.

I'm not a huge hydrashipper myself, sorry.
    Advanceshipping! Ash and May all the Way

ROCK ON BON JOVI!!

My current Diamond team:

hey guess who's back after a MILLION years XD
    ummm.... hold up.
    HOLY CRAP YES!
    XD not really hydrashipping but vineshipping yes! yes! yes!
    I'm one of those people who presses their nose's to the T.V screen and yells
    "ADVANCESHIPING!!!!" when their feet touch or something so I wouldn't be surprised if someone here throws a rock at my head and says:
    I don't think I count that as "shippy"
    anyways yes, I would belive so. to the point! >.<
    (Image by PD+)Click below to see my fic!! ( Advance with a hint off Pokeshipping!!! )
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post10007400

The buneary thing was just an example.
    I think fire grass shippig was sometihing created by an advanceshipper with notihing to do except make up hints. :-)
    On the other hand, where it really shines is in fanfics. In the anime, trainers cant understand pokemon to well, so all you here is "Sceptile, scep, sceptile" "BLAAAZEE! Blaziken blaze!" so it can't really come to frutiton, which really gets on my nerves. in fanvics, however, most pokemon talk. So you often have wonderful interaction between the two.
    sorry if this is offtopic.
    By the way, didn't may's bulbasaur become a venusaur or something? It would be great for vineshipping, and in turn Advanceshipping, if Ash's Bulbasaur impressed May's Venusaur by evolving. I belive that, while unlikely, that would be a really sweet scene, to see bulbasaur overcome it's dislike of evolution to be with may's venusaur.

ROCK ON BON JOVI!!

My current Diamond team:

[QUOTE][hey guess who's back after a MILLION years XD
    ummm.... hold up.
    HOLY CRAP YES!
    XD not really hydrashipping but vineshipping yes! yes! yes!
    I'm one of those people who presses their nose's to the T.V screen and yells
    "ADVANCESHIPING!!!!" when their feet touch or something so I wouldn't be surprised if someone here throws a rock at my head and says:
    I don't think I count that as "shippy"
    anyways yes, I would belive so. to the point! >.</QUOTE]
    haha,I do the exact same thing,sometimes I even sit in a corner quietly muttering:"AdvanceShipping....AdvanceShipping....A dvanceShipping..."
    XD
    And thank you so much for qouting my topic Flower! <(^_^<(

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post

buneary's crush on pikachu is too one sided,
    just like Misty's crush on Ash, Yellow and Misty's crush on Red in pokemon special manga, and many of Brock's crushes.

One sided love doesn't really end up as long-term canon shipping in animes. They tend to end up becoming good friends or a good older brother/ older sister sibling kind of relationship rather than romantic girlfriend/boyfriend.
    Here you go my trainer's card feel free to pm me for a battle ")

Quote Originally Posted by Sakata-kun View Post
    buneary's crush on pikachu is too one sided,
    just like Misty's crush on Ash, Yellow and Misty's crush on Red in pokemon special manga, and many of Brock's crushes.

One sided love doesn't really end up as long-term canon shipping in animes. They tend to end up becoming good friends or a good older brother/ older sister sibling kind of relationship rather than romantic girlfriend/boyfriend.
    I agree that pokeshipping is too oneside, with Advanceshipping it isn't. they both put in enough hints to make me believe they are the one.

I can't say the same to Pearlshipping even if Kotone did say if Ash was Dawn's boyfriend, meh. >.>

Which brings us to anew topic, since the old one sort of died.
    Why do you support advanceshipping over other Ash ships and contestshipping?
    I like Advanceshipping since it is a ship when the couple actually seem to show attraction.
    In Pokeshipping, Misty and ash bicker a lot, which many eople think is a sign of love. It's a hint, but it does not put poke above Advanced.
    In Peralshipping, there are very few hints.
    In Contestshipping, while there are many nhints, drew sometimes acts like a total jerk to may, and I can't see how that relationship could work out.

In advanceshipping, however, ash and May seem to actually genuinely like each other. While there aren't as many hints as in Poke or Contest, I think if there would be an ash ship, this one would work out best long term. May also would probably be happier with Ash than with drew, long term. Drew, is a little shallow, And I think may would see that and want to be with ash instead.

ROCK ON BON JOVI!!

My current Diamond team:

This will take awhile to write -_-
    AdvanceShipping-Epic win.They just seem to fit well together.They both eat,alot,they both have a bulbasaur(as mentioned before,bla bla bla) and the idea of ash being mays mentor.Or at least he used to be,my point is,there isnt a way to explain it.Some of us will go crazy over the supposed realationship of two (and in some cases more O_o) fictional characters.There is no answer.I dont think there ever will be.Anyway Im getting off the advanceshipping topic,and now I'm rambling -_-
    As for contestshipping,may just dosent seem right for drew.But I'll move wrap this up before I start insulting contestshipping...
    Last edited by BlazeFusion76; 24th September 2009 at 8:59 PM.

I think its because, like others have said, there has been a lot of chemistry together. Plus, they get along very well together, unlike Ash and Misty, who basically bickered every single episode (that I watched at least). They also look kinda comfortable close to one another. I mean, I can't even count how many times Ash and May have kinda gotten close together, sitting next to one another, ect.

Pokeshipping and contest....Can't really see it happening. (But all of a sudden Pokemon creators pretty much already made there mind about contest, with the whole blushing thing and all.) Pearl maybe, but there's not much hints and then you got the whole age thing (Real life Ash would be in his 20's while Dawn would be like 13? Then again, no one EVER ages in Pokemon)....

So yeah, if people would open there eyes and just let go of the "Misty was first so she should be with Ash" thing, there would be a lot more advanceshippers imo....did that make any sense?

Oh Geez I think I went way off topic, so sorry ^^;
    Last edited by advance4ev; 25th September 2009 at 1:06 AM.
    I'm not dead.... Just unavailable :'(

Special Thanks to Ampy for making the wonderful banner. ^^

Pokeshipping - Too much one sided, we can tell Misty likes Ash but Ash liking Misty? Ash was too much of a fool to show any affection to Misty.

Pearlshipping - THEY LACK HINTS, at least Kotone is there to bring a few things up, but still that isn't enough for Pearl to become near canon.

Contestshipping - To me, their hints are too repetive, i cannot see a actually relationship past their rivaliry, as long they both compete in contests i doubt they will be a couple.

Advanceshipping - BOTH Ash and May put in enough hints to show a certain liking to each other, advance isn't onesided, it has enough hints to make be believe in it, the hints are not that repetive and before coming a couple you have be the best friend, begin rivals and disliking each other i personally think isn't the way to become a couple.

Ash and May are a perfect match. Also in their hints they actually seem like a real couple.

My issue with Pokeshipping is simple. They act more like a brother and sister than a couple.

I don't mind Pearlshipping, but I was already a loyal Advanceshipper when Dawn was introduced.

Now as for Contestshipping, I don't like Drew and the idea of him and May as a couple bothers me. I imagine he'd end up being very emotionally abusive for some reason.

I don't mind Pearlshipping, but I was already a loyal Advanceshipper when Dawn was introduced.
    Same.Pearlshipping is...endurable ^_^.Ive grown to like it but anyways...

Now as for Contestshipping, I don't like Drew and the idea of him and May as a couple bothers me. I imagine he'd end up being very emotionally abusive for some reason.
    Yeah.I think it like that too :V Drew is just too much a jerk to be with may.

AH!I'm commentless.
    What now?

I'm not a fan of Peral, but i'll endure it.
    I cannot stand contest shipping thugh. Drew is such a jerk to may sometimes. I cannot belive how many supporters it has.
    We've got to get new advanceshipperd somehow!

ROCK ON BON JOVI!!

My current Diamond team:

I thought Ash and May over Misty or Dawn because it seems like in AG Ash seems to act the most mature. He was always acting childish back in original and in DP he is sometimes mature sometimes childish back again. The fact that May brings out the mature adultish side of Ash makes me think of this as the most canon Ash shipping.

Contestshipping seems like a childish playground tease around crushy shipping to me. Roses and teasing the girl to get her to like you? I mean you can probably get the girl to notice you but a life time together, not likely.
    Here you go my trainer's card feel free to pm me for a battle ")

Hi everyone im new here i hope i am welcome :S

and to stay on topic

Poke shipping-one sided and ash was way to ... young for love up until AG

Pearl shipping-Its OK its a lot like advance shipping in a way but not enough hints to back it up ill make my final judgment on this ship after the 12th movie

Contest shipping-this ship is odd to me... the hints are repetitive people say there is 1000 hints but there is really like 5 that repeat xD other then that it seems like a grade 4 crush kinda thing and drew is overall a jerk to may but im gonna stop before i start bashing my accident ^_^

advance shipping always stood out regardless of any other ship may is ash's best match
    Roses die, but a Ribbon lasts forever
    (Advance shippy quote)
    It actually works
    Your image was too big, so it was removed. This is your 1st strike, so only the rule-breaking part was removed. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

to be quite honest, I grew up with the anime, and was always persuaded to be a pokeshipper. I don't know it never acquired to me. There where... no hints. It was ALL to fast to the point. Then once I seen may for the first time I went ' oh crap! she has to be with ASH!!!!'

I love the way their so alike. They have so many things in common and seem to bicker each other in cute ways. Ash will be willing to protect his friends sure, but would you really die for them? he almost did for MAY. ( movie 9 ) I just thought... holy crap.

I am not a supporter of pearlshipping whatsoever. just the thought of a 10 year old with - wait how old is ash? I'm going to guess 14 - it just isn't... right to me? sure I LOVE dawn to death but she can like Paul or Barry ( twinleaf shipper OH YEAH!!! ) though.

As we all know Ash is DENSE as hell, but you know what? he isn't stupid, he must KNOW what he loves and what he doesn't. So I have no idea why everyone says ' WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO DENSE!' around here. That's NOT it. Dense is not knowing what love is, or at least the explanation of it. Ash loves Pokemon, does that mean he's dense?

any ways back to the topic, that's mainly why! toodles! XD
    (Image by PD+)Click below to see my fic!! ( Advance with a hint off Pokeshipping!!! )
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post10007400

Page 47 of 268 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast