Page 52 of 268 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6699

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Hey guys, just wanted to post some new Advanceshipping art I've done. I plan to do more but I need some suggestions. Maybe something HGSS related? :3

------------->Picture:http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...nxSatoHaru.jpg

You guys can post it up since i don't know how. I hope to hear some ideas from you all. Advance4ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    ^OMG, you're not dead.

It seems that the other shippers "against" advanceshipping (Poke, Contest, Pearl etc) all have an argument when it comes to mementoes that Ash has to represent his "unknown love" for someone. For example, Pokeshippers have Misty's lure and so on. What makes you believe that the half-ribbon from May is more symbolic?

Three main reasons.

1. It showed how much May learned from Ash and how she grew to become a trainer in her own regard because of him.
    2. The cutting it in half showed that they wanted to share the victory, which is a hard thing for people to do unless they care about each other.
    3. The fact that they both still kept it shows that both of them are still thinking of each other, and still miss each other.

And that artwork is pure win, MJ.
    Yes im still alive. i really need to be here more often. xD

And thanks for liking my fanart Eon. ^^

And very nice job with that fanart Jinx.

It seems that the other shippers "against" advanceshipping (Poke, Contest, Pearl etc) all have an argument when it comes to mementoes that Ash has to represent his "unknown love" for someone. For example, Pokeshippers have Misty's lure and so on. What makes you believe that the half-ribbon from May is more symbolic?

I think it gives the idea of 'two halves makes one whole'. So, in this case, the ribbon can't be whole unless they're both together. Heh. Romantic much? And if I remember properly, in...Envy at first sight? This girl wanted a split ribbon between her and boy, because it suggested that they were close and such. It's been re-played, but with Ash and May :P
    By the King:Blazaking EX

Spoiler:- Shipping:

As others have said it's a shared item between them. Also things like Misty's lure were gifts while the ribbon is something Ash and May decided to share.

Hey, Roses die, Wood rots. The ribbon is forever <3

Since there are multiple questions in this topic I'll cover them one at a time

What made you interested in Advanceshipping?
    I thought May was an interesting character and didn't deserve the negative attention she was receiving when people found out Misty was leaving. As I learned more about her I noticed her similarities to Ash and soon after that I liked the idea of them as a couple.

And did you have any other shippings you supported, before Advanceshipping?
    Not really. I considered many different pairings and none of them stuck. I even branched out to pairing Ash with characters from other anime like Sakura from Cardcaptors and Mink from Dragon Half.

And have you ever wanted to leave Advanceshipping?
    No. Ash and May are too perfect for each other for me to consider them with anyone else.

What made you interested in AdvanceShipping?
    I only really followed the anime seriously when Advanced Generation began, and from the first episode, when May showed her happiness that Ash would travel with her, I knew something was brewing there; at the time I was more of a theorist than a true shipper. The true catalyst for me, though, was reading PikaMasterADV's story May's Crush this past summer, and I haven't looked back since.

And did you have any other shippings you supported, before AdvanceShipping?
    I was a PokeShipping theorist once, but in the sense of a one-sided pairing. I also toyed with the idea of Brock and Misty being paired, but I eventually settled on OrangeShipping when I looked more into the known pairings because I knew Brock could never get a girl if he tried.

And have you ever wanted to leave AdvanceShipping?
    Never, and proud of it. AdvanceShipping was the first Ship I really supported, and will always remain my OTP.

Wow, 3 new topics at once!

I would say that it started with the Hoenn saga getting me back into the anime, cause all that they had been showing was repeats of the Orange Islands and Jhoto, and then I saw one of the later Hoenn episodes and got interested again, it felt fresh. Originally pairing up characters never occurred to me, but I did prefer the interactions between Ash and May rather than with Misty, and I didn't like Drew. When I saw the 9th Movie it instantly became my favorite, and then later when I accidently came across Gazmof's fic 'Good Love Charm' 2 years ago, I instantly realized I was an Advanceshipper without knowing it, and I have supported it since.

No, Advanceshipping was my first although I acknowledged Annabel's crush on Ash as well as Lucy's crush on Brock, and obviously Drew's obnoxious flirting.

No I haven't, they seem to have the best base for a long lasting relationship, unlike most of the other ships that seem to be one sided crushes.

See Ya!

p.s. Do not try to fix your laptop by yourself cause you can get electrocuted (it hurts trust me), seek professional help.

That is all.
    Last edited by Chaos_Umbreon; 19th December 2009 at 2:47 AM. Reason: Adding Link.
    Advanceshipping: Together, 4Ever, Always
    <--------------Original image Suzu, Drawn by Me.
    Favorite Advanceshipping Oneshot by Damon Howe When Earth Meets Ocean
    Fanfiction Page
    Advanceshipping Quote:
    “Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.” - Francois de la Rouchefoucauld

I thought both Ash and May's chemistry with each other were quite refreshing. I thought, 'those two would be a nice couple'.

Nope. Though the day that come is probably when I outgrow Pokemon all together.
    I waste my life away on Nico Nico Douga.

Me? I was just browsing the shipping foroum when I saw "Advanceshipping General Discussion." It looked iterestiong, so I clicked on it. SUCH good luck! i've been an Advanceshipper ever since, reading some of the better advanceshipping fanfics really just cemented it.

Not Before, no. Now, however. I support Orange, Ikari, and Lucky shipping.

No! I've only been an Advanceshipper for like a month!
    Advanceshipping! Ash and May all the Way

ROCK ON BON JOVI!!

My current Diamond team:

That is ideas:"Ash and May ADVANCE together". I like, too.i think they will be the most beatiful couple in the Pokémon seri.
    No, there is first.
    it can not happen because there is one of Thread that I love the most.

A piece of AMAZING fanart...To bad I can't find it now. I then decided to watch Pokemon just to see May (I was an AdvanceShipper before watching pokemon lol) I learnt about Contest and PokeShipping and all that. But I was convinced enough by the hints AdvanceShipping provided, I've even came up with arguments against every hint ContestShipping has. Its that easy to deny.

Yes. Non Pokemon shipping though like SakuSasu lol

Why would I want to leave AdvanceShipping when it pwns other ships?

I've always loved May as a character. I got hooked when I saw Movie 9. I just thought that Ash and May made such a cute pair in that movie ^_^

Used to be a Pokeshipper, but that died years ago. I'm still an Altoshipper, and an Abilityshipper, though not as much as Advanceshipping.

How about hell no?
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Im back....
    Mid Terms are done!!!

Hmm....This really cute Fan-Art....I have no idea where did i see it...
    And also Movie 9 was too much...

Umm...OrangeShipping and A Slight Pokeshipper....but i never liked Misty so i erased it out of my mind :P

Hmm....No way..are you frickin Crazzy??

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Since i saw AG episode 1, i just fell in love with the pairing.

Contestshipping and Pokeshipping. i still support these two but not as much as before. the contestshipping hints just got more boring each time i saw them since they were the same hints over and over, roses and blushing. boring if you ask me, even though they were very convining hints they just so old, repeating the same hints. bleh.

Yes but it didn't last long. i just watched movie 9 and i fell in love with advanceshipping again. xD

And i made a new AMV if anyone is interested to watch. ^^

~Advance~ Say The Word

Ok, I have a new topics:
    How do you think about Ash's role for the success and mature of May.

explain wat u mean plz i dont get it quite

Quote Originally Posted by poke master 13 View Post
    explain wat u mean plz i dont get it quite
    you do not understand?. OK, i will write new topic clearer:
    as we know, initially, May isn't Pokémon coordinator, she feared Pokémons. But when meet Ash, she is becoming change. she knew love Pokémon and becoming a Pokémon coordinator. say what you think about it??

dats better explained thanx

I think I'll rephrase that in plain English, for clarity's sake.

What role do you think Ash has played in May's growth as both a trainer and a person? And how do you think this has effected their relationship?
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

hi, just a christmas post !
    well the thread's a bit dead i see ? c'mon people let the advanceshipping love come back !

What role do you think Ash has played in May's growth as both a trainer and a person? And how do you think this has effected their relationship?

a mentor role, May disliked pok&#233;mon when she started her journey and because of Ash she sees how wonderful they are, and she actually starts to love them ! and she became a great cordinator, with very much help from Ash. Ash began to see pok&#233;mon not only in a way of power and battleling, but also their beauty and their charms. They both have opend each others eyes and they showed different things/personalities of pok&#233;mon. Without them they wouldn't have seen it that fast ! they have grown towards each other as good friend, and we hope for even more.

btw; does ANYBODY know the new site of Suzu ?
    and i had a pic of ash and may with pikachu i believe, in their new outfits of diamond & pearl
    only i lost it; does any one has it ?
    it looked like a group picture i thought .. and it is from suzu

and a christmas pic

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERY ONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! =D

looove; intill next time !
    ♥Advanceshipping♥

OK, that is what I've decided to say.
    No one can deny that, May've love Pokémon by Ash Ketchum. Yes, Ash's love for Pikachu has changed to May's look with Pokémon: She didn't fear they. I think that only just Ash can do. Perhaps, in the heart, May always admired Ash.
    And Ash, he went with May where May began Pokémon trainer so Ash know everything about May: character, Pokémon favorites,.. They have grown towards each other as good friend, and will be more.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

What role do you think Ash has played in May's growth as both a trainer and a person?

As a trainer, Ash has helped tremendously. I mean, from originally not liking Pokemon and just wanting to travel to one of the best Coordinators in two regions and loving Pokemon is a drastic change. Out of all the Pokemon characters none has under gone such a drastic change even Ash, from starting fresh to becoming a proficient trainer, this change mainly stems from that scene at the start of the Hoenn saga where May sees Ash's love for Pikachu as it recovers, and this triggers the change in May's way of thinking. Other than totally changing here opinion on Pokemon, Ash also helps her develop her battling skills to the point at which she comes 4th in her second Grand Festival, although Drew says that she battles too much like a trainer than a Coordinator, but she beat him. I think the most important thing that Ash taught her was that if you treat you Pokemon with love and respect nothing is impossible.

As a person, May has become much more confident in herself and that winning isn't everything, that you can learn more from a defeat than a win (a loss just shows that you have room for improvement). Ash has also showed May that however important your dream is, helping other people brings happiness and the possibility of making new friends that will always remember you. Over all Ash has just boosted her confidence and awoken her compassionate side.

In conclusion Ash has probably made the biggest impact out of everyone May has met in her life and she has grown much as a trainer and person due to Ash.

And how do you think this has effected their relationship?

When they first met I think May might have just wanted some company (although it did seem that she had a slight crush on him), but during their travels Ash became first her mentor and later her best friend. Through their journey not only did May learn from Ash, but Ash also learned from her in terms of Pokemon battling, and their friendship grew stronger, Ash was always her safety net and May stopped Ash from acting to rash as he was in the previous regions. In the Battle Frontier season Ash was no longer May's mentor, but this allowed their friendship to grow, and us as Advanceshippers believe that they eventually developed feelings for each other (9th movie), and as they travel apart these feelings grow more powerful.

Last topic

Do you think the picture of Ash and May almost kissing is real? And if you do, what would the fans say (Every shipper out their)?

It is not real (although I wish it was) as discussed much earlier in the thread, although it does look quite convincing, they would never make one of the main shippings cannon, as it would make them loose a lot of viewers. If it was real all the other shippers, especially Poke, Contest and Pearl would probably stop watching the series.

Looks like I wrote a lot.

See Ya!

Once again MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Chaos Out!
    Last edited by Chaos_Umbreon; 30th December 2009 at 4:23 PM.
    Advanceshipping: Together, 4Ever, Always
    <--------------Original image Suzu, Drawn by Me.
    Favorite Advanceshipping Oneshot by Damon Howe When Earth Meets Ocean
    Fanfiction Page
    Advanceshipping Quote:
    “Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.” - Francois de la Rouchefoucauld

Smile

Do you think the picture of Ash and May almost kissing is real? And if you do, what would the fans say (Every shipper out their)?
    Ash and May almost kissing really is cute picture. i very want it happen. I hope it will happen on spedical episode (although this is unlikely to happen). Otherwise, i hope May will find a good boy.

As mich as i want it to real,unfortunately it is not and never will be.
    I really want it to happen and that pcture is really nice.
    But The writers won't make one of the main shippings canon.

C.BZK. Out

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Page 52 of 268 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast