Page 58 of 267 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 6654

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Hey Advanceshippers.Even If I love Pearl and Contest I have a topic for you guys.But I love Advanceshipping too.
    Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.
    I think that Ash would fight Drew for May.I mean He hate Drew.I see that Ash wanted to at least punch Drew in the face at least.It would be funny.Ash washed Drew to get May then May would fall for him maybe Drew said something mean and Ash defends May like her prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlmasterking View Post
    I think that Ash would fight Drew for May.I mean He hate Drew.
    Wait a second!
    I don't recall anyone ever mentioning in the anime that Ash hates Drew. Ash and Drew seemed to get along. Well, to me, they did.
    Remember in that one episode, I believe it was 'May, We Harley Drew'd Ya', Ash talked to Drew about all the rivals he faces over the years. They actually bonded in that episode.
    Yeah, I don't think Ash hates Drew.

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May? I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.

Nope, can't see that happening.
    One. this is kids show. You're not gonna see anyone fist fighting in a kids TV show. Enough said right there.
    Two, like I said, I don't think Ash and Drew hate each other so the chances of them ever fist fighting are slim to none.
    So, yeah, this topic is a bit crazy. No offense.

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May? I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.

Lol, funniest thing i have heard all night, but on serious note, no, Ash isn't the violent type, i mean im not saying Ash can't fight its just this is pokemon we are talking about, its is a kid show in the end, not WWE.

Oh yes i made a advanceshipping banner, here have a look.

And a topic

There have been many rumors that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main charathers from BW will replace him in the new region, following the yu-gi-oh GX style. if this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping?

I think this will affect the advanceshippers in the long run, at the start maybe not but as the fans start to accept the two new chararthers the support for Advanceshipping might go down but in the other hand, there will always be fans that will never give up supporting advanceshipping. so advanceshipping i believe will never be forgotten.

I know it was crazy to ask. XD But I thought it would be funny to see that. But Im both Advance and Pearl and Contest. So thinking of rivalry kind of fun. To say. Sorry 4 the stupid crazy topic

Ash in a fistfight with Drew? It'd be ab odd situation (I don't think they're the the type of people who would fight. I'm not saying Ash is a total wimp though :P) but I think since it's a kids show and all.... Only in our dreams :/
    I sure hope they don't take Ash out (even though I don't watch the show as much). The show would probably go down the drain imo.
    I think it would certainly affect advanceshipping. No Ash=No reunion with May No reuniun=No new hints (unless they make those mini series (cameos?) of how Ash and others are doing) It's a recipe for disaster :O jkjk
    But we're strong and advanceshipping will last FOREVER!!!!
    Fight the Power!! (that was random)
    I'm not dead.... Just unavailable :'(

Special Thanks to Ampy for making the wonderful banner. ^^

There have been many rumors that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main charathers from BW will replace him in the new region, following the yu-gi-oh GX style. if this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping? I dont think it would like try new things maybe lucky Ash will dating May and take over her father's gym.

God I haven't been on in like 2.5 weeks!

Anyway, time to put my opinion into the current topic.

Well I don't think Ash is likely to use violence now but if I remember correctly when Drew made his first appearance and insulted May didn't Ash challenge him to a battle for May's sake, so they didn't get off on the right foot. I still don't think that Ash's opinion of Drew is that good, probably similar to how he feels about Paul (they are similar), however, Ash has mellowed out since he first went around Kanto cause I think that he did use force, but only in dire circumstances (he did try to punch Mewtwo in the first movie). Ash mellowed out in early Hoenn and it takes a lot for him to use violence, he wouldn't fight Drew over May, but if Drew did something to May and it was especially bad then I could see Ash snapping (and Ash would definitely win), if this happens May would probably restrain him to stop him doing something that he would regret, but she would also be thankful for him looking out for her. I don't see it entirely impossible as he has used violence before and it has occurred in other 'kids shows' like Yu-Gi-Oh! to which 4KIDS would badly edit it out, remember in Japan the audience isn't mainly young children it is normally for young teens and changed into a kids show for the Western World so content like death and any violence are removed be it a scene taken out or a character went away 'somewhere' instead of dying.

I think I've made my point.

There have been many rumours that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main characters from BW will replace him in the new region, following the Yu-Gi-Oh GX style. If this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping?

As long as the end scene is completely open ended then all the main shippings will still be around, yes there will be no new hints, but it will leave it open for new fanfic ideas, as well as there being no shipping war as none will be cannon. If it wasn't open ended then support will probably go down a bit and Nintendo will lose some customers. The main thing that will change is that there will be no new interest in the ship unless they show re-runs of Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. Advanceshipping will never disappear fully as long as new fanart is drawn and fanfics written.

That is all.

By the way nice Banner midnightjewelz.

See Ya!

Chaos Out!
    Advanceshipping: Together, 4Ever, Always
    <--------------Original image Suzu, Drawn by Me.
    Favorite Advanceshipping Oneshot by Damon Howe When Earth Meets Ocean
    Fanfiction Page
    Advanceshipping Quote:
    “Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.” - Francois de la Rouchefoucauld

Pearlmasterking, that topic is borderline Drew-bashing, and it's not really very constructive. Ash vs Drew/Advance vs Contest topics usually result in flamewars, so I'm prohibiting anyone else from talking about it. If you want to discuss it further, PM one of the mods and ask if you can start a debate thread.

Here's a new topic that's probably been asked but, eh, I like it:

What do you think are the most compatible qualities Ash and May have?

For me the overwhelming qualities are that Ash and May are both so dedicated, outgoing, and have overall complimentary natures. The way their friendship has evolved into something more is what really makes me love this shipping.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Advanceshippers Im sorry for the offensive question.Believe me I really didn't know and Let me make it up?with a new nicer topic.
    What anime couple do Ash and May represent most?
    Well I think of Naruto and Hinata mostly because of the kindness May give to Ash.Ash is like Naruto trying to go to the top.May will support one step at a time.

Banner made by Skiyomi

I'm new to this fourm and i saw thisboard and i had to check it out. i didn't even know what the terms such as advance hsipping, pokepihipping meant until i saw this fourm. so I want to join this community since i ship ash with may.

also does anyone know where i can get ash and may screencaps at?

also i have a question, is it true that ash and may almost kissed on this one episode only shown in japan?

Welcome ponyboy. i hope you have a great time here.

Well photobucket have a few common ones, you can start there if you wish.

And this is a old question. Ash and May never kissed in the anime, somebody just edit the pic very well convinceing alot of people back then. so that rumor is false.

And new topic, a pretty common one.

How did you got into advanceshipping?

First Hoenn episode. Ash and May's chemistry was cute enough for me to like. ^^
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 23rd June 2010 at 10:09 AM.

SatoHaru is one of my favorite ships, besides SatoHika.

Since the beginning of the first Hoenn episode.

This is hard, but the closest is
    Yoichi Garasuma and Ibuki Ikaruga from Asu no Yoichi. (Typical shounen protagonist + Type B tsundere protagonist)

I think it's more about the chemistry. They're very much similar to each other, and complement each other well. The mentor-student relation helps too.

No, but with some exceptions.

There have been many rumours that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main characters from BW will replace him in the new region, following the Yu-Gi-Oh GX style. If this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping?
    Not much, as long as they keep it open-ended.

How do you think Ash reacted when May announced that she was going to the Johto region by herself?
    I didn't think he'd mind, really. All he wanted for her is for her to do her best.

What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had.
    Not much, to my knowledge. But it's usually in the forms of idealized shipping characters similar to them.

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?
    Always. There's no reason not to drop Advanceshipping, especially it's known that she still has feelings for Ash.

What song or songs do you think describe AdvanceShipping the best?
    That's a hard question, as I tend to imagine all my ships in the same songs. I wouldn't use the word 'best song' for any ship.

What do you think Delia's impression of May as a potential daughter-in-law is?
    I don't think she'd mind.

Conversely, what do you think Norman and Caroline's impressions of Ash as a son-in-law would be? Would they approve of Ash and May as an item?
    I don't think they'd mind.

As for the Max question: I don't think he'd mind particularly, especially since he knows that his onee-chan would be much happier around Ash. In fact, he'd be much happier that he'd see Ash and May together.

sine i see a lot of you guys answering some questions i've decided to also answer some too

Since the 9th pokemon movie, yeah i was starting to get into shipping when i saw that movie. i didn't really notice their hints until that movie, but when i got older and started watching pokemon again after not watching it for a while i noticed more hints between them. i also saw pokeshipping hints but to me ash and misty argue too much and ash needs some he can get along with and may get along with him just fine.

i agree with frostcrusher's answer entirely

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May? Only if Drew broke her heart then ash would punch him.

it might if ash never sees her again

What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had.
    None so far to be honest. i don't remember most of my dreams. the few i do remeber aren't about any ship

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?
    It depends if the new girl is compatible with ash or not

She'd be happy that ash found his soulmate

Conversely, what do you think Norman and Caroline's impressions of Ash as a son-in-law would be? Would they approve of Ash and May as an item?
    They would approve

As for the Max question: He' probaly be happy for them

Ah, hello. I'm Mist, and I'm new to these forums. ^^;
    Anyways, I'm a big fan of Advanceshipping, so I thought I should probably join this thread!

How did you get into advanceshipping?
    Well May is my favorite out of the three main girls - I find her to be the most interesting and likable. So when I started watching AG I knew I would end up shipping her with someone. And then I watched The Bicker the Better, which got me thinking about how cute her interactions were with Ash, and... yeah. (:

Honestly, they kind of remind me of Kukai & Utau from Shugo Chara. Kukai is very energetic like Ash is, and he often gives Utau words of advice when she's feeling low. Utau & May aren't exactly alike, but they both have a competitive streak and can be blunt/sarcastic at times. Plus, Kukai & Utau share the love of food that Ash & May have as well~ xD

Hmm, most likely. I support a few other Ash ships, but Advance by far is my favorite, so even if May only gets a minor cameo in gen V I will probably stay an Advanceshipper. I'm not the type who needs lots and lots of hints in order to ship something.

How did you get into Advanceshipping?

Well after the episode "The Bicker the Better", I thought they made a really cute couple and it's stuck since, though I considered it from the first episode featuring May.

Their love of food, similar love of pokemon (even if it took May longer to realize Pokemon were awesome), love of adventuring, did I mention love of food?

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?

Depends, I didn't really see May liking Drew too much, and he seemed a bit too obnoxious for her to be troubled in her choice, but I suppose yes, if May had a hard time choosing and Drew was extremely impudent toward Ash then I could see a fight happening.

Not sure, Ash would probably be forgotten by the writers if he was scrapped, so we probably wouldn't see any interaction with the proposed new protagonist (since they wouldn't meet at all, etc.), but it looks like he'll still be around for another season, since an official piece of artwork shows him in the male Gen V protagonist's outfit, which is a good hint that he'll still have a main role.

She'd find her to be an adorable soulmate for her son I'd believe.

I think they wouldn't feel quite as strongly postive as Delia, but they wouldn't be quite wary either.

(Didn't answer the 5th gen question because I was the one that asked it. XD)

Hey Advanceshippers!
    It's been a while since I posted here, hasn't it? I really need to be more active.

How did you get into Advanceshipping?

Well, to be honest, I'm not really so sure myself.
    I guess I really started to like Advanceshipping a lot when I first saw 'The Bicker the Better'. I just thought they made a very cute couple. They were very close during the Advanced Generation and they could definietly work it out.
    Sure, they've fought in the past but name one couple who doesn't fight.
    Last edited by Oceanus119; 3rd July 2010 at 8:54 AM.

With the announcement of the new girl for the Black and White anime series, we're starting to get a better idea of what the season might look like, atmosphere-wise. Therefore, I propose a new topic:

What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

Think "The Wallace Cup," here. I'll give my own answer later, but I'm sure there will be lots of great opportunities to see May make a cameo, possibly even with Dawn if it revolves around some new contest aspect of the games.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

Anything as long as it involves contests in some form.

i have another question for you guys

what do you feel about the straight rival ships againist ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?(be polite when answer this no flaming the other ships please)

Since Dawn is likely to get an appearence I think that May should appear at the same time. Maybe something like the Wallace Cup. In fact if Iris doesn't enter Pokemon Contests it might mean seeing May and Dawn's rivals again too.

This would probably mean more interaction with Dawn than May but I imagine it'll be Iris who would interact with Dawn the most which could mean Ash and May getting more time together.

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?(be polite when answer this no flaming the other ships please)

I really don't understand what is the popularity of boyXboy and girlXgirl shippings, it disturbs the heck out of me that people create these so often, especially in pokemon where 1-out-of-3 less popular, 100&#37; fanmade ships seems to be one of the two. >_>

I think the shippings that rival Advanceshipping the most are:

-PokeShipping (Very popular especially among the majority of "old school, I don't do new school" watchers, probably the only pairing more popular than AdvanceShipping and PearlShipping in this anime, Pearl and Advance are probably 2nd or 3rd with it difficult to tell which is ahead)
    -PearlShipping (The show has had a lot of "shippy" moments between them, which has really made this pairing popular lately)
    -ContestShipping (For PokeShippers and PearlShippers especially this is a popular choice because they see it as a way to shut AS possibilities, but I don't feel that way)
    -WishfulShipping (AshXIris, I can see this one becoming popular because they kind of look cute together)
    -AbilityShipping (AshXAnabel, it's kind of cute and is my 2nd favorite, ahead of Pearl)
    -MorpheusShipping (AshXAngie, Angie clearly has a crush on him and is the only non-major character with a crush on Ash to appear in multiple non-consecutive episodes)

I don't like Poke or Contest ships, but the others look pretty nice and the two characters in them seem compatible enough.

I have a new question inspired by the above, though I think we had something similar before.

What shippings do you think go hand-in-hand with AdvanceShipping?

For me, they're:

-OrangeShipping (TracyXMisty)
    -AdmirationShipping (DrewXBrianna, the girl from the episode that sparked the majority of ContestShipping)
    -PenguinShipping (KennyXDawn)

I also find the following go well with it also:
    -PunyShipping (Max X Vivi Winstrate [Anime-version]. She was the girl he battled in the episode with the Camerupt, and Max was daydreaming about him being her bf while May made fun of him throughout the episode)
    -YellowShipping (RitchieXCasey)
    -BreederShipping (BrockXSuzy, the original owner of Vulpix)
    Last edited by Suave Squirtle; 15th July 2010 at 8:03 PM.

Well, she'd have to have awesome black and white clothing. Gee I denno...Ash is telling White [because I want to believe she's coming to the anime] about May and how awesome she was at coordinating, and then THERE SHE IS IN THE CONTEST! Oh my goodness. That's rather strange. May and White get along amazingly, of course, and May and Ash share lovey secrets memories about what's happened to them so far. May says she's here to check out stuff and do a contest, then she'll go back. White and May do the contest together and they win [yay!] and Ash and May have a romantic sunset watch together. <3 The end.

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?(be polite when answer this no flaming the other ships please)

Um...well I love Contestshipping XD It's one of my favorite ships...and Pokeshipping is kinda meh...I like Advanceshipping better than it. May and Ash hit it off better. (:

~riolulu

Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony
    Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Okie dokie, I guess I'll start off by introducing myself, seeing as I'm also a newbie to the forums. I'm Mel, and I support AdvancedShipping 110% wootwoot!

I'll just answer a few questions to start off...

Ya know what, I wish I could answer this with a positive answer, but I can't. Maybe because of the shipping moments I saw with them throughout the anime? Or the movies? Usually when I fall in love with a shipping/couple, it's kinda like first love for me, and it stays that way unless I'm impacted greatly in a different perspective. So my final answer would have to be 'first love at first sight' with these two, and that's how I plan on staying.

PFFT *points to above answer* No matter what, I will always support AS. Even if Ash becomes a canon couple with someone else like Misty or Dawn or Iris, I'll still have my heart set on May. Something just tells me that those two belong together.

R G B Y

G S C

I'm back after a loong time xD

What shippings do you think go hand-in-hand with AdvanceShipping?

Hmm i can see:
    Orangeshipping
    Gymleadershipping
    Penguinshipping

Yes i will. I only support this shipping of both Ash and May. And i am going to be an Advanceshipper forever and support it no matter what happens! xD
    If Ash gets paired up...i think it will be either Misty or May. Dawn and iris are too young.

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.

I don't think they'll have a fist fight. But if they have...I think Ash could beat Drew anyday. Ash looks stronger and i guss he is older.Plus like others said...This is a show for kids.They won't start showing Ash fighting for Love instead of becoming a Pokemon Master.

PokeShipping.Whoever watched the Indigo,Orange islands and Johto episodes have a feeling there is something.Especially in The 2nd Movie.The Old school watchers are definitely gonna support this.

ContestShipping.Like Suave Squirtle said,Majority of Poke and Pear shippers are going to support this as a second choice to seperate Ash and May.

PearlShipping.While seeing Diamond and Pearl episodes, I saw a lot of hints and shippy moments.More than Advanceshipping! People are starting to support this as well after seeing so many hints.

AbilityShipping.I don't see the shipping actually happening.Anabel is going to stay in Kanto while Ash is travelling the Pokemon World to be a Pokemon Master.And it is kind of One Sided.

How did you got into Advanceshipping?

I became an Advanceshipper after seeing the first episode of the Advance series.Although i wasn't sure if this ship might happen or not. But after the series progressed and with the Manaphy Movie. I was sure there is a possibility.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

I'm going to answer my own question

-PokeShipping = I find some of their moments cute but ash and misty are too muc like siblings. they aren't related but you know that when people have friendships with someone and thery are close like siblings are. Because i view them this way I would find it kinda weird for them to become a couple. They should just stay friends

-PearlShipping= Some of the scenes of what people call moments hinting ash and dawn aren't really moments in my opinion. I know people claim that when dawn chered ash in one episode and ash's reaction was hint, but to me even though ash smiled when dawn cheered for him, that doesn't mean that they like each other in a romantic way.He could be smiling just because she wants him to win.Firends do that for each other and they don't have any romantic feelings. I don't get why people consider that a moment. there's other so-called moments people talk about that i don't really consider a moment but it'll take forever to explain them all. Because of that i view ash/dawn as a fanon ship but what's wrong with fanon or crack ships! I personally love crack ships but i'm not a fan of ash/dawn, i just find them boring together so i don't support them

-ContestShipping=I know May had a crush on drew but in my opinion it was one of those temporary crushes that don't last. Also Drew was an a** to her. sending her flowers and then caliming it was for her butterfry.There was sevral times when i wanted to slap drew for being such a jerk to May. Yes i hate drew too. I think may will stop crushin on him based on the way he treats her.
    Last edited by ponyboycurtis; 19th July 2010 at 7:00 AM.

Page 58 of 267 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast