Page 61 of 263 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 6561

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Umm... guys, I'm okay with it if you want to talk about May in relation to the other girls that have traveled with Ash. But let's not get into bashing territory... a few of the comments already posted have been getting close to the line. Don't forget that Misty-fans and Dawn-fans might well read this topic too. Let's keep things friendly.
    ooh..(Big sweatdrop..) (^o^9
    I'm somehow feeling that I may apply to that. Sorry, I might've gotten carried away. I'll be more careful(^o^)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Umm... guys, I'm okay with it if you want to talk about May in relation to the other girls that have traveled with Ash. But let's not get into bashing territory... a few of the comments already posted have been getting close to the line. Don't forget that Misty-fans and Dawn-fans might well read this topic too. Let's keep things friendly.
    Thanks for telling us. its nice to remind us here a few times, a few of us tend to get carreid away. Sorry if we did.

Now im just going to reply to this and this will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by shungiku01 View Post
    Hm, true. i can't really recap a whole Wow! Where should I start. Well..we shall have to wait to see more hints like that if they come along as the BW series unfolds. About Ash having won May's heart? I dont know that for sure. A couple things that I DO know was that May didn't leave to Johto because of Drew.
    Half her reason to leave Ash was half of her rivals, mainly Drew and her dream to become top corridinator. I'm kinda a contestshipper myself so yeah.

Also an essential hint was left out of the dubs that gave a better reason why she left Ash. It was kinda because of him. Her goal was different than his and Scott from the Battle Frontier pointed out to Brock that May's fighting style resembles Ash's and is not suitable for contests. Brock comments that Ash is the only one she's been watching all this time so it makes sense that she's mimicking his style.
    Ash taught her how to battle, remeber she use to HATE pokemon but it was beacuse of Ash that her looks on pokemon changed. maybe a little does May resemble his style, its because Ash taught her. but when you watch the show carefully, nobody in the show have the same battle style. all are different and unique.

This comment was made during her battle with Solidad. There are other instances. She chose to leave to improve herself and come up with a style of her own which was something she couldn't concentrate on being with Ash. I BET a hundred bucks these are left out in the dubbed versions!
    Well not really, im pretty sure the dubbed didn't cut everything out. i recall a few episode, but i can't remeber them. >.<

A girl like Misty would have a difficult time getting a boyfriend and a girl like Dawn would be hated by boys so like I said May has the balance and is the choice. Though I think a lot of girls here too are kinda like Misty. lol
    Are girls are different, comparing them like this is a little hurtful, since im a pokeshipper and a fan of Misty. Not every girl is the same and we like it or not we just have to accept them of travelling with Ash and leaveing him eventually.

Yeah, I know that Kanto and Johto were childhood memories for many dubbed audiences. Especially since in English there were a lot of non-canonical events like Misty's song and Under the Mistletoe and Christmas Specials that never existed here. Japanese, 20 and over feel the same way and love the first pokemon, but the continuing viewers have been able to adjust better than western audiences. I blame it on poor handling of the characters. That leads to Hoenn's ark being totally butchered especially due to the 4KIDS and PUSA thing.
    The voice acting might affected the dubbed fans but it was purely buisness. they don't care about the fans yelling and complaning about the dubbed voices, and plus they knew that we would eventually accept the changeover. and plus im sure the voice acting didn't kill the show entirily, things like fillers and the lack of interest of the viewer may come involded.

Counting the episodes not shown oversees, Advanced Gen was longer than DP by one episode. Misty and May were the only two girls to travel with Ash over 2 regions whereas Dawn stayed in Sinnoh. I've seen the Hoenn ark in English and frankly I find it...well, that's maybe why it didnt do well overseas.

By four if im right, correct me if im wrong. May has appeared in total of 195 plus with the Wallace Cup arc and Dawn 191, im sure Misty has more. the pokemon anime isn't really THAT BIG overseas. like over here in Australia. more poeple over here, like i said before. are more into the games than the show. in Japan in the other hand is much bigger.

Okay enough of that. new topic.

Do you expect May to make a camo in the BW anime, if so. how do you imagine it to be about?

All i can think about is a Hoenn festival when the R/S games are remade, like with HG/SS, or maybe at Pallet. so far the BW has been hard to predict.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 4th October 2010 at 12:36 PM.

Do you expect May to make a camo in the BW anime, if so. how do you imagine it to be about?

All i can think about is a Hoenn festival when the R/S games are remade, like with HG/SS, or maybe at Pallet. so far the BW has been hard to predict.[/QUOTE]

Great input on that last topic. It all pieces together. Thanks for bearing with me.
    NOW about MAY making a camo. I somehow have this strange feeling that Ash might possibly have a reunion with all his past friends at one point. BW HAS been real hard to predict. It is very similar to the first arcs of Pokemon. The fact that Iris and Dento are gym leaders and Misty and Brock are also gym leaders are already showing parallels. If people frome Hoenn go to Isshu and have a festival just like Lyra did for Johto in the Sinnoh region, it might very well be possible. Lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by shungiku01 View Post

All i can think about is a Hoenn festival when the R/S games are remade, like with HG/SS, or maybe at Pallet. so far the BW has been hard to predict.

Great input on that last topic. It all pieces together. Thanks for bearing with me.
    NOW about MAY making a camo. I somehow have this strange feeling that Ash might possibly have a reunion with all his past friends at one point. BW HAS been real hard to predict. It is very similar to the first arcs of Pokemon. The fact that Iris and Dento are gym leaders and Misty and Brock are also gym leaders are already showing parallels. If people frome Hoenn go to Isshu and have a festival just like Lyra did for Johto in the Sinnoh region, it might very well be possible. Lets see.
    I agree. BW has been full of surprises and im sure we will soon see more. I'm sure that when R/S is remade onto DS there is a good chance May will come. the writers have been having a hard time to juggle all the chararthers they have made so im sure they don't plan to make a few new ones. this can been seen with Tracey, Max, Misty, Lyra etc.

Or either that or Pallet, hopefully.

And off topic, when you try to quote something, don't forget to do this, [quote] than to finish add the / in front.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 7th October 2010 at 11:42 AM.

Post Hi, I'm new.

BW has been a whirlwind for sure. I'm such a fan of Ash already having four Pokemon after just the first four episodes. Now if only he had four traveling partners... Add Brock and May, please.

I'd hope it's not something like Misty's "island of Togepi in the sky" episodes. Those were pretty lame in my opinion, it made Misty look like nothing more than filler material. However we've got a problem if Iris isn't a coordinator... I can't see the writers doing a contest episode only to include an old character, so a lame Togepi Island sort of episode seems more likely. Perhaps Ash will be helping his new Pig-thing learn some fighting moves and decides to mercilessly pit it against Blaziken? Can't say that would bother me, that pig needs some pain every now and then, just so I can watch it squeal.

Off-topic: how annoying is this pig, anyways? A THIRD Fire-Fighting starter? And its story - a Charmander rip-off. How sad. Mijumaru all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxas View Post
    BW has been a whirlwind for sure. I'm such a fan of Ash already having four Pokemon after just the first four episodes. Now if only he had four traveling partners... Add Brock and May, please.

I'd hope it's not something like Misty's "island of Togepi in the sky" episodes. Those were pretty lame in my opinion, it made Misty look like nothing more than filler material. However we've got a problem if Iris isn't a coordinator... I can't see the writers doing a contest episode only to include an old character, so a lame Togepi Island sort of episode seems more likely. Perhaps Ash will be helping his new Pig-thing learn some fighting moves and decides to mercilessly pit it against Blaziken? Can't say that would bother me, that pig needs some pain every now and then, just so I can watch it squeal.

Off-topic: how annoying is this pig, anyways? A THIRD Fire-Fighting starter? And its story - a Charmander rip-off. How sad. Mijumaru all the way!
    Well the closet i can think for May to get a camo would be the pokemon musical but i think that's saved for Dawn so let us not raise our hopes that May will make a camo in BW, other than some sort of Hoenn festival like with the Jhoto festival and Lyra. but BW has been full of surprises, who knows who might come up and make a camo. ^^

Off-topic: they did that with Chimchar as well, the fire starters story really don't appeal to me anymore after's Chimchar's one. so yeah ^^;
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 18th October 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Well I can see May showing up! She's been through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn already, and she's got a Glaceon and a Sinnoh cameo so she's been there... Isshu seems like somewhere she'd head next, especially since she'd do better in contests in a region where they are (I assume) a bit less popular.

...but maybe she's heading for the Orange Islands. Yay. Tracey x May, anyone? :P

And Pokabu... I dislike him even more having seen him win a gym battle followed by Pikachu losing against a water-type. How sad.

I don't see many familiar users...

Well I can see May showing up! She's been through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn already, and she's got a Glaceon and a Sinnoh cameo so she's been there...
    Unfortunately, cameos tend to be rather unpredictable. May's DP cameo was effective, but others (such as Misty in AG) were not. Hopefully, cameos will not be the only times May will appear again; maybe there will be some sort of correspondence-they do have video phones.

(This reminds me of all the speculation about DP at the end of the BF arc... I used to be a regular poster back then.)

Amen. I remember you though. I wouldn't have posted if you hadn't posted first. I remember the end-of-BF days. The current Pearlshipping thread really mimics the AS thread of then. Bahaha, I sure don't envy those guys.

I like this Video-correspondence idea quite a bit more than a one-episode filler cameo. Maybe Iris could point out how much they're both blushing...

...but maybe she's heading for the Orange Islands. Yay. Tracey x May, anyone? :P
    I guess that's the only other anime-featured place, aside from Isshu, that May hasn't visited yet. But May x Tracey is a no to me.

And I guess Pokabu hasn't been too exciting, but maybe we'll see some better things from him eventually.

I like this Video-correspondence idea quite a bit more than a one-episode filler cameo. Maybe Iris could point out how much they're both blushing...
    I dunno, did you see BW 006? It was kind of Negaishippy, I kind of liked it I didn't see any videophones in the Pokemon center. Maybe they're rarer in Isshu?

Anyways, I like the idea but Dento might be a better person to point that out.

I guess that's the only other anime-featured place, aside from Isshu, that May hasn't visited yet.
    She might just redo a region. Though she was quite a traveler when she first appeared.

Unfortunately, cameos tend to be rather unpredictable. May's DP cameo was effective, but others (such as Misty in AG) were not.
    Yeah, and the fact that Misty never had a cameo in DP has me a bit worried. But if it was gonna be another not-so-effective one, maybe that's a good thing.

I like the video-correspondence ideas as well but it makes me wonder what it is going to be about. With the camo one i don't think we will get one soon. i mean the only things that could relate to contests in Isshu is the Pokemon Musicals which i have a gut feeling will be saved up for Dawn's camo.

May could show up in the remake of R/S/E but the producers only remake the games when they hit 10 years since it was made. so lets all wait until 2012! =D yup, thats a long wait. xDD

And yes, camos can be unpredictable and to make sure they are effective they have to be introduced at the right time. Misty's wasn't as effective as May's Wallace Cup. If you could ask anyone what major events they could remember in DP, the Wallace Cup arc would be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by swampert55 View Post
    It's been this way for a long time now. It's not just Advanceshipping, either. It seems like shipping in general just isn't as active as it used to be. I though the release of HGSS would spark some excitement, but that never really happened...

I disagree with the notion of there being a RSE remake; RBY and GSC were warranted, but I don't really think the same can be said of RSE. If they did do an RSE remake, for the sake of discussion, there could be some really great possiblities of Advanceshippiness. Why don't we make this a prime topic of discussion?

If there were to be an RSE remake, how would you like to see May cameo in the show again?

Just for the sake of variety, Ash should go back to Hoenn and surprise her with a visit to her house. Then they'll be like "hey, let's go do another contest together, like old times!" and run off into the sunset.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

It's unlikely for Ash to go back to Hoenn. They have Contests in Kanto, though, so maybe May would visit him?

If there were to be an RSE remake, how would you like to see May cameo in the show again?

Well i don't think Ash would visit May in Hoenn but BW is full of surprises so who knows? but im guessing maybe a Hoenn Festival like they did with Lyra. thats my best guess right now. ^^

On Topic: If there were to be an RSE remake, how would you like to see May cameo in the show again?

Well, the best possible way is for Ash to see May in like he visit in Hoenn Region. Its sweet that May meets Ash again in Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup.

Off Topic: I was sort of expecting May to express some jealousy towards Anabel when she gets colser to Ash. But it didn't happened.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

On Topic: If there were to be an RSE remake, how would you like to see May cameo in the show again?

Well, the best possible way is for Ash to see May in like he visit in Hoenn Region. Its sweet that May meets Ash again in Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup.

Off Topic: In the episode "Talking a Good Game",and "Second Time's the Charm", I was sort of expecting May to express some jealousy towards Anabel when she gets colser to Ash. But it didn't happened.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Well, IF she were to get a cameo (to be honest, it seems kind of unlikely she will...), I'd like it to take place in one of the post-E4 locations in B/W. Like, maybe she'd be on vacation in Sazanami Town or something? She does love the beach after all! I'd also love to see her bond some with Iris, and of course a suggestive comment from Dento about May and Ash would be amusing to see.

As long as I get to see Ash and May interact again, I'd be happy with almost anything!

Wow, Judgment posting? Now we're talking oldschool!

I think that May's chances of a cameo are just as high as Misty's, although I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting for it to happen. Any cameo appearances she does have will be few and far between, and certainly nowhere near as plot-centric as her appearance in DP. But it's the Advanceshipper in me that wants to imagine the possibilities.

By the way, I haven't kept up with the anime, but did Ash go back to Kanto? Was May mentioned at all during the transition from DP to BW?
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post
    By the way, I haven't kept up with the anime, but did Ash go back to Kanto? Was May mentioned at all during the transition from DP to BW?
    When Ash returned to Pallet. all we saw of the small town was him in his room with all the gifts he had received in the DP arc. one of them was May's wooden Teddiursa figurine. its was shown in BW episode 1 before him, Delia and Professor Oak head to Isshu. so it's kinda evident that May is not forgotten since BW is to be predicted to be more popular than the DP arc.

So does this give us a reason to raise our hopes that May will make some sort of future camo in BW? does it?

*tiptoes in* Um.. hey guys! I was wondering if I could join this discussion.. I remember Advanceshipping was the first ship I was interested in, and I used to really like it before DP started, and now I suddenly started warming up to it again... (To be honest I think it's because I'm replaying Ruby atm haha) So.. hi? ^^;

How, how... I'm not really sure. If there were an RSE remake arc, I expect Contests to be re-showcased again. Maybe then Haruka could come back and participate...and meet up with Satoshi once more. I'm not really sure. I just think it'd be interesting to see them together again~

I'd like to see Ash and May switch professions for a RSE remake. Ash does contests and decides on Hoenn as his stage because It's May's lowest-placing Grand Festival score, (That way he can try to beat it) and May tags along and does the gym challenge. I think there could be a lot of teasing, etc. Maybe it would be better if they only did it for a gym or two though...

I'd like to see Ash and May switch professions for a RSE remake. Ash does contests and decides on Hoenn as his stage because It's May's lowest-placing Grand Festival score, (That way he can try to beat it) and May tags along and does the gym challenge.
    That would certainly be interesting, but Ash seems to enter contests arbitrarily and without much planning, so that decision would come as a complete surprise. Anyway, contests (at least in the game) were a nice component of RSE, but contests in DP, with the dancing and other added (non-appeal) elements, were, in my opinion, a miserable failure. I don't think that contests will be a significant part of future generations (excluding remakes).

Back on topic: note that contests are an essential part of RSE and a remake would result in extensive marketing by Nintendo. Hopefully, as May is a central character, she will take on a greater role at that time. As with May going to Johto as a precursor to HGSS, Ash may return to Hoenn for another purpose, maybe travelling with May again. (No Brock though - I wonder if that would have any effect?)

I'd like to see Ash and May switch professions for a RSE remake. Ash does contests and decides on Hoenn as his stage because It's May's lowest-placing Grand Festival score, (That way he can try to beat it) and May tags along and does the gym challenge. I think there could be a lot of teasing, etc. Maybe it would be better if they only did it for a gym or two though...
    That sounds like Shiny Reunion. By the way I may have stopped the fanfic but I do plan on rebooting it as a comic.

I recall that November 21 is (was) Advanceshipping Day. I have forgotten the reason, however. So, for topic:

How has Ash and May's relationship been changed by the time they have been apart?

How has Ash and May's relationship been changed by the time they have been apart?

They've both met more people and had more experiences. I can't imagine them to just go back to the way they were immediately. But I might be wrong... Ash is The Most Interesting Friendly Man in the World, after all. :P

I bet they'd be back to normal after a week or two though. And then they could start progressing.

but Ash seems to enter contests arbitrarily and without much planning, so that decision would come as a complete surprise.
    And I can't really see him doing well in them either.

but contests in DP, with the dancing and other added (non-appeal) elements, were, in my opinion, a miserable failure.
    Yep. They're kind of a joke, arent they? v.v

I recall that November 21 is (was) Advanceshipping Day. I have forgotten the reason, however.
    Well I'm new, so no idea here either. Sounds good though!

Page 61 of 263 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast