Page 7 of 252 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Ooh, good topic, sp1derp1g :O

What would the name of the episode where Ash and May go on a date be?

Date Expectations *gets mobbed*

Uhm, seriously? That's a tough one ^^;;; How about... Never Say Gardevoir?

Here's my reasoning: Ash and May meet a lovesick trainer on their travels and help to reunite him with his long-lost love. In gratitude the the trainer gives them a coupon to a fancy restaurant, since his Dad owns it or something. The title is a pun on "Never Say Au'revoir", because the trainer-of-the-day has a Pokemon-of-the-day Gardevoir. At the end of the episode the writers can throw us Advanceshippers some much-deserved fluff and Ash and May will promise to be best friends forever.

The Japanese title would be woefully unoriginal and be something along the lines of "Battle for Love! Satoshi and Haruka's All-you-can-eat Date!!".

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    teehee! soo cute! I am officially adding that in my current fic! yeeey! thank you for the ideaaaa~! Do you want credit?
    Nah, it's all good; I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of that idea. Glad I inspired you ^^
    Last edited by Gazmof; 14th July 2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Replying to Riolulu
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Time to answer my own topic.

"A Date with Density".

The reason for that title: I don't know...
    If you're an iCarly fan, check out RobSp1derp1g's iCarly Reviews.
    You won't regret it! (actual regret may be experienced.)

Which Advanceshipping fanfics, old or new, are you currently reading?
    Let me just check them up again...

Hmm, I'm reading My Lone Hero, Power Shot's Rise of the Dark Gems, Take My Hand by Night Rain Illusion (never get tired of this =D) and some other random AS fics that I find interesting.

The Swablu episode. Using Swablu as an excuse =p

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

It's about time I post here again. Great topic ^^

I love this topic, and I love Gazmof's answer even more (though Sp1derp1g's is very nice aswell). Since pokemon always uses common sayings + pokemon name I thought of this; When Thundershocks Where Flying! which is obviously a pun of 'sparks are flying and one of pikachu's most common attacks. Imo the electric rodent would probably have quite a big role in a date episode of Ash too.

This post will probably be my last in a while, since I'm going on vacation the next couple of weeks. I wish you all the fun and luck with the thread you can get =)

I'd like to end this post with a song that seems to fic our favourite ship aswell as my feelings at the moment;

Spoiler:- lyrics:
    Bring Back The Golden Age

A few at Fanfiction.net, and Cybercubed's Two of a kind, which I strangely started reading years ago but never finished, lol.

Anyway, today I watched the second of episode of Advanced Generation, and despite being the crappy 4Kids version, I quite enjoyed it. While I don't mind Max and Brock, I would have enjoyed more episodes with only Ash and May.

Well, I've given it some thought, and came up with:

One night in Parasect!

Ash and May meet a group of trainers who each have a Parasect. They explain that they are going to a nearby forest where Parasect pair off and mate around this time of year. The two of them tag along that night, and watch the Parasect find mates, and put on mating displays using various powder attacks (Spore, Stuns Spore, etc.).

Needless to say, this would get May all mushy and romantic, while Ash would just say something like 'it looked cool', which would irritate May.

Yeah....... I suck at this.

Anyways, that's my contribution.

Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

Random arts by DaisyInari

Feel like a different style of battling? Where your Charizard isn't useless because your opponent has Stealth Rock up? Why not check out the:

Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever first-stage Pokémon you want, and work your way up! Not sure how to begin? We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

Sorry Gazmof for the two posts. I was trying to get that list of fics onto the top of a page so that passive browsers can also take a look, but whatever. Won't happen again!

Because I have all the time in the world, I've read all of them, every single one in the list I concocted on the previous page.

Wow. This is the impossible task. Now I know what possesses the people at 4Kids and now TAJ Productions to come up with these titles. GAH!

Anyway, I'll take a stab at it.

Day of Auld Friend Time:
    Based off of the Lyrics of Auld Lang Syne ("...and days of auld lang syne..."). This could be staged sometime at new years or something, and it would be about Ash and May seeing each other after so long, and remembering everything they've done. That's when the two realize that they're meant to be for each other, and then BAM!. The Advanceshipper's dream comes true!
    Last edited by lunarshadow; 17th July 2008 at 3:52 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Well, I just wanted to announce that now we have our three judges for the contests that will be held on Advanceshipping Day! Drum roll, please...

Our first judge is none other than swampert55! =D Hasn't been posting much recently but still knows what's going on in the thread.

Our second judge is Hunter_RuLe, gone on vacation now, but just like how he helps keep this thread in order, I know he'll be a great judge for us. ^^

And out third judge is lunarshadow, new advanceshipper but shows the skills of an awesome judge =D

I didn't expect the positions to be filled very quickly, but all the same, I'm very grateful ^^ I guess the next step from here is for the three of you to converse amongst yourselves and find out who's specialty is what. And who will be better at judging for fanfics and who for amvs (in the end, whoever wins the contests has to be a vote between the three of you, two out of three, but yeah xD)

Well, that's it, I'll be leaving for vacation on Friday and won't be back for two weeks =O I'll try to post as much as I can before I leave ^^

2007 Kitoshi Ishihara I can't find his/her website ^^;;

EDIT: I had to add this pic, I think it kinda fit with the whole date topic now (except for the fact that this doesn't answer the topic at all but you know this is how they would react if they went out to a restaurant together)

Last edited by Uzamaki Hinata; 17th July 2008 at 7:11 AM.
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

I can't help laughing at the last image *chuckles*

Uza-chan, is there a free category for the one shot? If there is, I might go for the free category instead of the one shots with themes.

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Which song reminds you of advanceshipping?
    "The Tide is High (Get the Feeling)" by Blondie. It makes me think of how May has a desire to be with Ash even though he doesn't really know the concept of romantic love.

Here's my shot at it: Aime of my Affection!

Basically, some type of love-based pokemon like Luvdisc who makes people fall in love with each other (sort of like Cupid) makes its way to the group and somehow makes Ash fall in love with May. Then at some point in the episode Ash could try and impress May with a picnic or something. Oh, and the "aime" part is a bad pun of the French word for love and the English word "aim."

And I have a request for all of you. I'm trying to find a screencap of Ash and May from an episode (I forgot which one) where they're looking at the camera and it's just the two of them and there's this sunset behind them. I think it might be from one of May's last episodes before her first departure to Johto. Anyways, I'm planning on using it as the title picture on a new site of mine. Thanks!

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

^ I'll try to get it. I got all the episodes just before May left but you'll just have to make do with the annoying CN logo. I hope to see that site up soon =D

EDIT: it's not in the last episode. And I'm really trying to resist the awful dub voices. I think it's either from the Donphan episode or the Bicker the Better
    Last edited by kawaii serebii; 17th July 2008 at 9:23 AM.

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

I still have to go with "It Was You", by Ashley Ballard. It was included in one of the Pokémon movie soundtracks; the lyrics are about someone thanking a very close friend for always being there for him/her. It's a really nice song, and I've liked it from the beginning when I first heard it. One could easily see it from May's point-of-view as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Destiny
    And I have a request for all of you. I'm trying to find a screencap of Ash and May from an episode (I forgot which one) where they're looking at the camera and it's just the two of them and there's this sunset behind them. I think it might be from one of May's last episodes before her first departure to Johto. Anyways, I'm planning on using it as the title picture on a new site of mine. Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure I know which one you mean. The penultimate shot of "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!" (or whatever the hell that ep was called in the dub) was this:

Clickie (Warning: Quite heavy image)

EDIT: Just found out that stupid Photobucket shrank the pic. So if you're looking for the monster version, here.

I hope this is the one you're talking about? =)

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I've gone back to Cybercubed's "Two of a Kind" and thinking back, it was one of the longest stories I've read. I think it took me about two months or so to finish. Now I'm am currently reading Pikamaster's "May's Crush 2." I'm not sure where he is but he's been AWOL for quite some time.

Which song reminds you of Advanceshipping?

I am a metal guy so it's a little hard to answer this one, but I do like other stuff so it works out. I would go for Opeth's Porcelain Heart. I was kind of daydreaming about Advanceshipping and this song came to mind. Hey, it fits.

To the newly promoted judges, congratulations. Man, it seems like everybody's going on vacation. Gazmof's probably still around, I hope, and this thread, for some reason, looks a little quiet.
    My Music Playlist

Lost in a sea of sadness
    Blind in this place of darkness
    If I fall, would you be there to raise me up?
    Or will I be the forgotten one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know which one you mean. The penultimate shot of "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!" (or whatever the hell that ep was called in the dub) was this:

Clickie (Warning: Quite heavy image)

EDIT: Just found out that stupid Photobucket shrank the pic. So if you're looking for the monster version, here.

I hope this is the one you're talking about? =)
    Yeah! That's it! Thank you so much! I used to have it on my photobucket account because I made a banner with it, but then I deleted it since I thought I didn't need it anymore. Ha ha, silly me

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I still have to go with "It Was You", by Ashley Ballard. It was included in one of the Pokémon movie soundtracks; the lyrics are about someone thanking a very close friend for always being there for him/her. It's a really nice song, and I've liked it from the beginning when I first heard it. One could easily see it from May's point-of-view as well.
    Cool I have made an Advanceshipping AMV with that song that has been on Youtube for some will now (not my best AMV, but yeah)Here is it

I was about to apply as a judge today, but anyway Congratulations to swampert55, Hunter_RuLe and lunarshadow

Now I'm going back to the world of football/soccer

P.S: Am I the only Advanceshipper in here who is really in-deep in football/soccer??
    Without soccer and girls life is wasted!!
    Liverpool, Rosenborg and Rangers is my heart and soul

| | | | | | |
    Credit to Misty-Fan-Forever for making the banner | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | May/Haruka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Destiny View Post
    Here's my shot at it: Aime of my Affection!

Basically, some type of love-based pokemon like Luvdisc who makes people fall in love with each other (sort of like Cupid) makes its way to the group and somehow makes Ash fall in love with May. Then at some point in the episode Ash could try and impress May with a picnic or something. Oh, and the "aime" part is a bad pun of the French word for love and the English word "aim."
    Haha, I love it! The thought of Ash becoming a mindless slave to love is a brilliant image. I wonder if May would take advantage or would she just wait for him to come to his senses and then make a sly move? ^_~

Quote Originally Posted by Mayziken View Post
    Cool :) I have made an Advanceshipping AMV with that song that has been on Youtube for some will now (not my best AMV, but yeah)Here is it
    Aww, that's a really cute AMV, Mayziken (and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't like AMVs)! ^^ A couple of the scenes lasted a little too long, but overall you switched them about very nicely and blended them into the tempo of the song. I particularly love how you incorporated the movie scenes, too. Hehe, I like that song even more now that it reminds me of Ash and May; it really does suit them :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mayziken View Post
    P.S: Am I the only Advanceshipper in here who is really in-deep in football/soccer??
    Nope; I know Hunter's big on it, too :p

Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Hinata View Post
    Well, I just wanted to announce that now we have our three judges for the contests that will be held on Advanceshipping Day! Drum roll, please...

Our first judge is none other than swampert55! =D Hasn't been posting much recently but still knows what's going on in the thread.

Our second judge is Hunter_RuLe, gone on vacation now, but just like how he helps keep this thread in order, I know he'll be a great judge for us. ^^

And out third judge is lunarshadow, new advanceshipper but shows the skills of an awesome judge =D
    Congrats, you guys! Yay, seems like everything's all set for Advanceshipping Day to be super-awesome. And even better, now that I'm not needed as a judge, I can enter something myself :D

Here's my answer to one of our older topics (tough one, this):

I'm gonna be really boring and say "Together We Make a Promise" by Cori Yarckin. It's the song sung at the end of Movie 9 in the dub, and I can't help but think of Advanceshipping when I hear it. Maybe it's just the fact that that movie was incredibly Advanceshippy or I just have too active an imagination, but it really did feel like it was written just for them - they knew May would be leaving for Johto soon, but they wanted to stress that they'd be together again someday.

I'm still waiting for this promise to last longer than just a few episodes of DP (a movie wouldn't go amiss, either) ^_~
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Hmmm... I'm not quite good on comparing shippings to a song, but anyway, for some reason I guess "Daiji Daiji", the opening theme for Mahoraba because it gives the same vibe as Advanceshipping, a very upbeat and positive feed. It's a cute song as well, so yeah, I guess that fits into that category. I guess the lyrics sorta fit in as well. ^^; But yeah, typical of me to use a japanese song. XD
    I waste my life away on Nico Nico Douga.

The only thing I can think of is the ending theme to Pokemon Colosseum. (Seriously, has anyone else here actually played Colosseum?)

*recieves odd stares*

It's basically a long theme accompanying the credits, consisting of parts of the Mt. Battle, Relic Shrine, and final battle themes, which are all very different, so its mood varies throughout. (The Relic Shrine theme is very tranquil and relaxed; it fits those quasi-romantic moments well) It would be good for an AMV, now that I think about it.
    Last edited by swampert55; 18th July 2008 at 5:27 PM.

I'm going to go with You Get Me by Michelle Branch.

Why use words when a link would suffice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8COx7Wn7mM
    Janelle-Amazing
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by swampert55 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is the ending theme to Pokemon Colosseum. (Seriously, has anyone else here actually played Colosseum?)

*recieves odd stares*

It's basically a long theme accompanying the credits, consisting of parts of the Mt. Battle, Relic Shrine, and final battle themes, which are all very different, so its mood varies throughout. (The Relic Shrine theme is very tranquil and relaxed; it fits those quasi-romantic moments well) It would be good for an AMV, now that I think about it.
    You know, now that you mention it, it could work as a good music piece. It's one of my favorite pieces of music for a video game ever!

And I share you're pain swampert55. I get that all the time. I think Colosseum was one of the best games I played, but no one seems to think so. It's a ditty you're a judge, so you can't actually make that AMV for the contest.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshadow View Post
    You know, now that you mention it, it could work as a good music piece. It's one of my favorite pieces of music for a video game ever!

And I share you're pain swampert55. I get that all the time. I think Colosseum was one of the best games I played, but no one seems to think so. It's a ditty you're a judge, so you can't actually make that AMV for the contest. :(
    I loved Colosseum, though it took way too long to purify Pokemon (an issue they addressed really well in its sequel, XD). I finished the story mode a long time ago and finally got around to grabbing my Ho-oh the other day; now I'm working on battling my way through the colosseums. Man, that Water Spouting Kyogre was a pain...

Here's a topic to get us going again, since my co-owners abandoned me for "vacation" :p

If May returned to the anime for another cameo, what would you like it to be, and what would happen in it?

Would you like May to have a return arc like the Wallace Cup? Would you like her to appear in a movie again? Or would you like a special episode where she's the star?

I'd personally love to see her making another starring role alongside Ash in a movie. Movie 9 was so great it has me wanting more, and it saddens me to think that it was May's last hurrah, so-to-speak. Surely there can be more to it than that? Move 11's trailers have recently got me thinking... Perhaps the older characters will one day return in a movie special?

I'd like the group to meet up with May and the other coordinators (Harley, Drew, Solidad) on their travels, as I think they all deserve to be seen again. I don't really mind how the story unfolds, so long as May plays a large (and in-character) role, and Advanceshipping is hinted at. It'd be nice to see Ash do a little bit of May-saving, too :D We need more epic, world-threatening movies like 10 and 11 to really bring out some heartfelt confessions from Ash and May :D
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

If May returned to the anime for another cameo, what would you like it to be, and what would happen in it?

What I'd really like to see is for her to show up at the Sinnoh League to cheer Ash on. It sounds cheesy, but it would be nice if somehow her encouragement gives Ash the confidence to overcome a difficult battle and win the match. Then, if Ash wins the League, May can also share her surprise that she also won Johto Grand Festival.
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

"I promise" by Stacie Orrico

Hey this is a picture i edited while i was away. i hope you guys will like it.
    http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/...-love-92209193

I loved Colosseum, though it took way too long to purify Pokemon (an issue they addressed really well in its sequel, XD). I finished the story mode a long time ago and finally got around to grabbing my Ho-oh the other day; now I'm working on battling my way through the colosseums. Man, that Water Spouting Kyogre was a pain...
    I just used the first area of Mt. Battle (keep calling them out out of Hyper Mode). It's extremely fast that way.

Preferably, it would be in an episode(s) instead of a movie because the movies don't seem to have an actual impact on the storyline. If May was in Pallet Town when Ash returns from Sinnoh, there could be some alone time between the two of them. (Somewhat like the Misty/Max focus in the first BF episode)

Page 7 of 252 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast