View Poll Results: Should Wobbofet and Deoxys-S be allwoed?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, both of them

32 20.38%
  • No, neither of them

58 36.94%
  • Only Wobbofet

17 10.83%
  • Only Deoxys-S

50 31.85%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual: Serebii's The Guardian Cup

Serebii Username: Alchemeng

Ingame name: Lance

FC: 4725 6961 1802

Made by me!

Current Wifi record: 4-2-0 June 16 2008 to present
    Your banner WAS OVER 9000 and the image made your signature OVER THE MAX! Please read the signature energy levels.

I'll join, =D
    In-game name: Ash (Rayray)
    Fc: In my signature xD
    Pokemon Info:
    Serebii Username: Ray
    In-game name: Ash
    Fc: 4640 0399 3274
    Wins: 23 Lost: 21

Wow, a stickied tourney, I want to join

Ingame: thebattler1, (diamond)
    fc: I"ll will have it later.

Fill out this form:

Serebii Username:Legend6491
    Ingame name:Legend
    FC: in sig.
    Can Hauntershadow92 Participate? (Look at my sig to find out why I ask): He's cool so why not
    Click the userbar to Join xcution

My Hideout

It says applications close on 16th July, this is popular, are we going to wait for 64, or just end at 32. I figured 16th July seems a bit far away, judging by the popularity of this!

Serebii:Mclovin
    In -Game-Hobbzee
    Fc: in sig
    2536 5363 5152

Serebii Username: Rangersgreg

Ingame name: Greg

FC: 3147 6143 6947

Can Hauntershadow92 Participate? (Look at my sig to find out why I ask): Sure, I don't see why not!

Should Garchomp, Deoxys-S and Wobbuffet be allowed?

Garchomp: Unless people use a SandStream and get Sand Veil activated or use a Scarf, Garchomp is pretty easy to take down. Starmie can OHKO, regardless of Scarf or Specs ( On Mie ) So Chomp is a mixed opionion for me, but I say let is stay.

Deoxys-S: A favourite of mine, as I have a 31 IV Speed Jolly one! It is way to fragile, but can outspeed everything, including +1 Yanmega Speed Boost. However, it is way too predictable and fragile as I already said. Let it stay.

Wobbuffet: No way. Far too overpowered and gay. Shadow Tag is a brilliant ability, not letting anyone switch out, and it has collosal HP and Defences. No chance should it be allowed in this tourney. Anyone who uses it is also cheap :P
    Last edited by rangersgreg; 2nd July 2008 at 7:43 PM.

Fierce Wyvern of the Dragon's Dynasty. PM me if you need ranked

Diamond Friend Code: 3952 6947 6143 Please PM me if you want to battle and add.

I haven't battled competitively as of yet but... I'll just have to battle a lot to train up before this! Count me in. Also, if this is really going to be "the best tourny ever to beat all others" you might wanna think about having things like a UU division or other parts and not just one standard match.

IGN: CRAZIE
    FC: 0817 0404 8978
    0817 0404 8978

I'm in. 1418 4659 4203, STONE
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

July 16th? That is pretty far away, I wouldn't be surprised if we got 64 people until then. Just think if we got 128!

So it's going to be a standard, random pairings bracket kind of thing? I was always worried about being in those because one loss means it's over! Hopefully there will be some sort of consolation bracket or something. The division idea sounds cool too!

To everyone: Please don't let this one die, it's been stickied. STICKIED. So try to do your battles, and only sign up with the intention of finishing.

Haunter can enter if he wants. I'm not too picky. I just hope someone donates prizes. I would, but I don't really have any prize-worthy Pokemon that I'm willing to part with as of yet!

^^Click the banner above^^

Diamond FC: 4554 0392 8574
    Black FC: 4212 3409 3762

Quote Originally Posted by Graceful Shinigami View Post
    So it's going to be a standard, random pairings bracket kind of thing? I was always worried about being in those because one loss means it's over! Hopefully there will be some sort of consolation bracket or something. The division idea sounds cool too!
    I am thinking of a consolation prize, but nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by toushiroH95
    just one question : when is the tournament?
    On the 17th. If we happen to not have a full bracket, Ie. 60 people instead of 64, I will extend it because I don't want people to be dropped. I could also change it from elimination to point based, round roubin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattler1
    Wow, a stickied tourney, I want to join

Ingame: thebattler1, (diamond)
    fc: I"ll will have it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend6491
    Fill out this form:

Serebii Username:Legend6491
    Ingame name:Legend
    FC: in sig.
    Can Hauntershadow92 Participate? (Look at my sig to find out why I ask): He's cool so why not
    I need your FCs. Legend, ur saig was removed, so there is nothing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfan
    It says applications close on 16th July, this is popular, are we going to wait for 64, or just end at 32. I figured 16th July seems a bit far away, judging by the popularity of this!
    Well, I did some thinking. If in 1 day this tourny filled the cap of 32, I think in 2 weeks we can hit over 100. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZIE GUY
    I haven't battled competitively as of yet but... I'll just have to battle a lot to train up before this! Count me in. Also, if this is really going to be "the best tourny ever to beat all others" you might wanna think about having things like a UU division or other parts and not just one standard match.
    If we can't fill the cap of members by the time the deadline approaches, I might make a point-based-round robin match with seperate divisions.

^Click the pic for my PASBL Trainer Summary!^

Spoiler:- Credits:

Kudos on a great idea. Hopefully we'll get 128 and have a real showdown!

I'm in! I'm not great and will probably lose first round but what the hey...

IGN: David
    FC: 0860 1991 2206
    I have a shiny and my shiny is not up for trade

I co-own the The Breeding Group Face Off!
    Come check it out!

Serebii Username:Silverseraph

Ingame name:Tigro

FC: 2062 5637 7198

Can Hauntershadow92 Participate? (Look at my sig to find out why I ask):Yes

Proud Grunt of the NEW Serebii Team! The product of a merge between Team Dimension and Team Rocket!
    [IMG]FC: 2062 5637 7198[/IMG]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Uber Team- Ultima: 0173 0724 3718

Forum ID: Stryke
    IGN: Chaud.
    FC: 4210 3629 0078

I am the CEO/President of the Silph Co. You haven't heard of it yet but you will. YOU WILL!

i would be glad 2 join in this cup since im in need of celebii y not user name=mrbadguy096
    game name=mason
    fc=4124 2244 0300
    long liv aura gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0775 2946 5078

I'm also willing to donate a shiny untrained starter Pokemon as one of the other prizes. Haunter, please PM me and I'll send a list over to you.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

The bigger the tournament is, the harder it is to manage people. Some of them end up losing interest and then you have to call matches by default. It also gets messed up when both of the players in a matchup are inactice/gone. That's what killed the last Pe2k tournament.

Also, in terms of the poll, it's strange how more people voted than are currently signed up. That means some random person could have just voted. I hope that won't determine anything because Smogon's vote was unofficially around 46-40 for Deoxys-s being OU. It might be officially tied.

Take into account Garchomp too. I know you are probably like, "Oh, no way!" But that's only because you don't know the facts. Quite frankly, I've never seen anyone give a good reason why Garchomp should be OU. Let me elaborate:

First of all, Garchomp has one of the most broken abilities in the game -- Sand Veil. It cuts accuracy to 80 percent immediately. This is just food for thought, though.

Now let's look at its base stats: 108 / 130 / 95 / 80 / 85 / 102. The 102 is speed allows it to outspeed everything in the 100 base stat range. This gives it its own little niche. The 130 in attack is absolute death and its defenses are remarkable compared to other sweepers.

Let's go into the matter a little deeper. Garchomp has no counters. This is a definition of an uber Pokemon. A counter is something that switches in on something. It doesn't mean, "ZOMG, MEH PORYGONZ ICE BEAM OUTSPEEDS JOOO!!" Porygon-Z gets pummled by any attack Garchomp throws at it on the switch. In order to determine if Garchomp has any counters, let's look at its variations: YacheChomp and BandChomp. ScarfChomp and SpecialChomp aren't as standard. Dugtrio is still cream of the crop when it comes to revenge killing.

YacheChomp is completely broken. With its defenses and Yache Berry to reduce the power of Ice-type moves, it gets a free SD. Garchomp usually comes in on something that can do nothing against it. That means your opponent has to switch out. There's the free SD. If they stay in, you get a SD in anyway. With one SD, Garchomp 2HKOs everything. If it can 2HKO, that means nothing can safely switch into it. Anything study enough to live one hit doesn't have the speed to attack it before Garchomp can hit it again. Anything faster than Garchomp can't survive more than one hit. Mix Sand Veil into the equation and your Ice Beam / Hidden Power Ice loses accuracy on top of the Yache Berry. So it not only has no counters, but it also overpowers.

BandChomp is another impossible Pokemon to counter. It 2HKO everything in the game, once again. Now you can say, "What if the person uses Outrage and then I switch to Metagross and use Ice Punch?" If you need something to take a specific Pokemon down, then it overcentralizes the metagame. Since Metagross is basically the only Pokemon with a decent Ice-type attack to go along with a good attack stat, it becomes the best option. You might also say, "What if I see they Earthquake something and then I send in Skarmory?" Then it just switches out.

I'm not saying Garchomp is unbeatable. As with all ubers, they are possible to beat. It's when the change the way the game is played to beat them is when it becomes a problem. I've used my OU team on the uber ladder a few times. It's surprising to see hwo well standard Pokemon can do against ubers. Look at Rayquaza: It has less speed and defense than Garchomp. It's uber. Now I know it has access to Dragon Dance, but that wasn't the point. Garchomp is very good in ubers and overpowers and overcentralizes OU.

That's it. ._.
    Last edited by Kevin_Garrett; 2nd July 2008 at 6:08 PM.

Hmm, well, there is a tourny going on here abouit Garchomp, so I'm nopt going to take that thing up here.

As for the poll, idk. It is weird.

As for the members: Everyone, basically, that has signed up thus far are reasonably active. So, no worries so far. And I'll stay on top of people.

^^ FAir Point to make i think. I don't use garchomp and i will be very happy to see it banned in this tournament, to stop it taking up a space in 75% of the entrants team. UNF Gamefreak screwed up on Chomp. I would be happy to see it banned alongside Deoxys-E and Wobb, maybe we should have a VOTE on all 3. But a BOLDED vote like they have on Smogons CAP, rather than a clicky poll. So people who actually give valid reasons votes are counted and others aren't

Mmmmm......Fine. I will rid the Poll up above and make an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfan View Post
    ^^ FAir Point to make i think. I don't use garchomp and i will be very happy to see it banned in this tournament, to stop it taking up a space in 75% of the entrants team. UNF Gamefreak screwed up on Chomp. I would be happy to see it banned alongside Deoxys-E and Wobb, maybe we should have a VOTE on all 3. But a BOLDED vote like they have on Smogons CAP, rather than a clicky poll. So people who actually give valid reasons votes are counted and others aren't

Just wait, over half the sign ups will leave if you don't let em use Garchomp, over half the battles I've had with people on Serebii are OU *****s.
    How am I supposed to "got milk" when I don't got milk
    FC: 0215/8269/0038

MY Votes

Garchomp - Banned - As Kevin Garrett Said in so many ways better than i can, garchomp is too big a threat and centrelises the metagame. When battling it you feel obliged to put in at least 2 things that can revenge it, if not 3 and i would like a wider variety of choice

Deoxys-S - Banned Too varied, can pressure stall, and can revenge ANYTHING in the game. Its high speed stat and really varied movepool make it too much of a threat, in so many ways

Wobb - Banned Cheap and it has a broken ability, this thing should never have been moved out of Ubers, it has the ability to take down most sweepers with ease, although this is the one i'd most like to keep

Well, I editted my post with my vote.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Serebii Username:dr.agon
    Ingame name:brandon
    FC:in my sig
    Friend code 3DS: 2938 6385 9616
    Fairy Type Safari

Just so people don't leave, I will tally the results at the end, and then post them.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast