View Poll Results: Should Wobbofet and Deoxys-S be allwoed?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, both of them

32 20.38%
  • No, neither of them

58 36.94%
  • Only Wobbofet

17 10.83%
  • Only Deoxys-S

50 31.85%
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual: Serebii's The Guardian Cup

Might as well join.

Serebii Username: Pimplup784
    Ingame Name: Tudor
    FC: In sig
    Pimplup is battling again!!
    Record: W: 12/L: 11
    Test Battle
    Last Match: Pimplup 0-darkcrobat 2
    Good Battle!! I predicted like a floundering fish.
    FC: 2664 1697 8539
    **Need RMT Help? Drop me a PM.**
    I will climb...
    Pimplup784's Chaining Confirmations

Garchomp is broken. If you want to keep Garchomp in OU without a reason, that's fine. But it's a better in standard play without it. You no longer need a chain with Bronzong and/or Gliscor in it to be able to have a fair chance of stopping it. Understand that Garchomp in the right hands is extremely deadly. If it stays in OU without an understandable reason, that only shows that you need to see someone using it properly. Uber.

Deoxys-s is borderline Uber-OU, but the Smogon vote actually turned out to be 25-6 for OU. They rejected most of the votes because they were not substantial enough. OU.

Why do you even need to add Wobbuffet to the poll? That's mega uber. :P Uber.
    Last edited by Kevin_Garrett; 2nd July 2008 at 11:36 PM.

Well, if the people here aren't anti-cloning, I have three donatable prizes (there should be a ton of prizes donated, with a good chance of having 124 people).

Wishmaker Jirachi-Level 100
    Shiny Mudkip-Level 44
    Shiny Warturtle-Level 50

Ill get info later, but first I must transfer them up. They can't be transferred from Emerald for about 8 hours.
    I may also have an UT Wishmaker Jirachi. I have unlimited of the two shiny ones, so I could give multiples of them. If I were to transfer them each day, I could Have
    54 Shiny Mudkips and 54 Shiny Warturtles to give out!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also have a few other clonables:
    XD Zapdos
    The Regis, with steel being partially but not completely EV'd.
    Mewtwo
    The majority of the Shadow Pokemon from XD.

Overall I could donate 108 Pokemon + 1 Jirachi for a total of 109. Just tell me which ones.

EDIT: Oh, and 108 Masterballs/Leftovers Mixture.
    Last edited by 42; 2nd July 2008 at 8:01 PM.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Chomp - Banned: It must be fun to battle variated teams. Can't avoid this, it is cheap and uncounterable. Yache, Substitute versions and the one made to resist an Ice Beam to gain speed boost are the cheapest ones. Well, the main reason has been said, so there isn't much to say here. "As Kevin Garrett Said in so many ways better than i can" [2]

Deoxys-S - Okay with either decision: It is average. Passing bossts to it makes it very broken, so I'd rather see it out of the tourney. But if in, I won't mind a lot.

Wobby - Ban: I'd like to face it in a random battle just for fun to see how it goes, but in a tourney, better take it out.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

I find the challenge of beating all 3 of these pokemon quite enjoyable and others must agree, while i understand that they are strong, they beatable as long as you are prepared and would like to see all of them in the tourney

I would much rather not fight the same teams over and over again <_< Ban all 3.
    Master of Steel. Regi League Regi Master. Do you have what it takes?

Spoiler:- FC Is Here:

it's really not that hard to defeat Speed Deoxys just wall him and garchomp sure he seems unstoppable in a sandstorm team because of his broken ability but he can still be stopped. Stop making such a big deal (i don't use garchomp, deoxys,or wobbuffet) Now Wobb he is just broken he will take out a sweeper or 2 i don't feel right fighting him but he can still be stopped.

You obviously haven't battled a serious Garchomp user then. It can be stopped. That's true, I said in my post that it can. But it takes away from the metagame because it overcentralizes what you need on your team and overpowers. If it 2HKOs everything, you can't switch in safely. Then you send something in for the revenge kill and it switches out.

Speed Deoxys isn't bad. I vote for OU.

I think all 3 should be banned. Wobbuffet was only taken out of uber because they changed his ability slightly, but I think he should still be in because of his abillity to takeout 3 of your sweepers one after the other. I've never battled a Deoxys-S but from looking around it seems a monstrous beast and I don't know why it isn't in uber. Garchomp's only real counter in the game is Gliscor/Hippowdon to a certain extent, and I would much rather prefer to run an interesting team than have a team where most of the slots are already taken up trying to counter things like Garchomp. So ban them all I say.
    I have a shiny and my shiny is not up for trade

I co-own the The Breeding Group Face Off!
    Come check it out!

Chomp isn't really that strong. True, most Chomps like to attack and then switch until the threats to it are gone and true there aren't that many threats but still. I've never had trouble with them and I don't tend to prepare for it either. I would sacrifice any pokemon to defeat the opponents pokemon if it seemed like a threat whether it was a chomp or something else. I don't mind if anyone uses it.
    Alex: 0044-2530-0324
    W:13 L:3 D:0

Quote Originally Posted by MareepMan View Post
    I've never battled a Deoxys-S but from looking around it seems a monstrous beast and I don't know why it isn't in uber.
    Both of its attacks are under 300 on the standard set. Infernape is a better mixed sweeper. Deoxys-s is only effective as a late game sweeper.

I just don't believe Garchomp is an Uber. It is going to stay in OU. I don't want it banned from this tourney. Reasons:
    1. Garchomp won't solve overcentralization. With Garchomp gone, new threats will gain more usage, and become new Garchomps, like Lucario and Togekiss. Garchomp is the biggest threat in OU today. We can't just take it out of OU because of that, it won't help. Stall teams will become more common with the absence of this monster, spiraling into more overcentralization. We can't really stop it, unless you want to shrink the tier into a few Pokemon.

2. Garchomp really isn't that overpowering. The only people I've heard complain about Garchomp are people who have not had any experience stopping it. Substituting Garchomp is easily walled with it only having two attacks. ScarfChomp is stopped by any physical wall, which every team should have regardless of Garchomp. CBChomp just isn't fast enough for a clean sweep, and good prediction skills can win you a free turn. Garchomp just isn't as overpowering as most people say. I have never had trouble facing Garchomp. Garchomp doesn't have any clear counters. With tactics, Garchomp breaks down like a Heracross does to Gliscor.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel it is an uber and should be banned. Isn't DDnite also a large threat? Why aren't we complaining about it? I just hate it when people say Garchomp is so bad, overcentralization always happens. We can't fix it. Garchomp is a giant threat, I know, but we can't move it to Ubers, as it'll get ripped open alive by Arceus and Darkrai. What do you want? We can't just isolate it. Garchomp is OU.

I'll add more later when I can think of more.

Wobbuffet is uber. It stops switching, stalls the match, and can destroy the execution of a strategy. Something that can KO a Pokemon so easily belongs in the Uber tier.

Deoxys is very versatile, with a move pool filled with stuff like Stealth Rock, Spikes, Extremespeed, and moves that rival Starmies. Versatility is what made it Uber, stats are what made it OU. I want Deoxys to be in Ubers. Sure Infernape has better stats, but can it learn Ice Beam? Thunderbolt? Shadow Ball and Pursuit? Deoxys is a tough choice, but I would rather have it in Ubers.

Well, those are my votes!

EDIT: I apologize for getting off topic. I don't want to fill this thread up with spam.
    Last edited by Graceful Shinigami; 2nd July 2008 at 10:52 PM.

^^Click the banner above^^

Diamond FC: 4554 0392 8574
    Black FC: 4212 3409 3762

... please, don't make this a Garchomp tier thread or I'll have to close it...
    It may sound it's on topic, but it's not.
    There's a thread for this in the DP Section.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Hmmm....do I PM hauntershadow for a donation or do I post here?
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

i'l join this thing . been needing to see how this team will work

2836 1957 3019 Click the banner for a place of challenge, awesomeness, and good people ^_^

<--Tamer's Tube. Watch it, Love it, Subscribe to it. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    ... please, don't make this a Garchomp tier thread or I'll have to close it...
    It may sound it's on topic, but it's not.
    There's a thread for this in the DP Section.
    Took the words out of my mouth. Except for th closing part.

This is why I was somewhat hesitant to do this. I think Garchomp is going to stay and we are going to keep the Poll. I'll give a bit more just to see how this goes. And if it is going weel, BOLD your votes please :/

^Click the pic for my PASBL Trainer Summary!^

Spoiler:- Credits:

just wall him
    If you try this the Deoxys_E might end uyp pressure stalling you instead, it can be put to very good defensive use. It has very wide move pool

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Hmmm....do I PM hauntershadow for a donation or do I post here?
    You should PM me.

@Everyone else: Please do NOT spam. I amde an announcement about ti and if I see anymore spam about Garchomp, Wobbofett or Deoxys, I will report it. When I say spam, I mean I don't want to see people RESPONDING to other people's comments. Whether you think it is wrong or right, I don't want to hear it. This poll is for the tourny, not for you guys to discuss teirs. There is a Garchomp tourny, much like Volteon said, where you can discuss Garchomp there. There is, I think, a Wobbofett thread on Smogon, you can easily search for it, and we have a teir list under D/P CRMT, so you can discuss that there too. Please just post your thoughts with NO response to others. You CAN wish people good luck, you can ask questions pertaining to the Tourny, but NOTHING that is spam, please.

EDIT: You guys can still sign up and talk. <_<;
    Last edited by Hauntershadow92; 3rd July 2008 at 12:11 AM.

^Click the pic for my PASBL Trainer Summary!^

Spoiler:- Credits:

My votes:

Garchomp - allow
    Deoxys: Speed - allow
    Wobba - allow

<_< People, STOP trying to ban things just because you don't like battling them. Wobba is the most dangerous one there; Deoxys can't muster the offensive stats to be that effective and don't get me started on Chomp <_< I hate it too but learn to deal with and get over it.

I vote for allowing all of them: Garchomp, Deoxys _ S and Wobbofett

Since they are challenging pokemons and challenges the trainers if they are trained to beat those types of pokemon.

;p well that what I think.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4425-1490-2598
    Nickname:Nasser

Safari Type: Psychic
    Safari Pokemons: Abra, Sigilyph, and Gothorita

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Serebii Username:Iggly
    Ingame name:Iggly
    FC: 2578-0917-0221

Serebii Username: Slysheen
    Ingame name: Luke
    FC: 5369 8037 0340
    Archy
    Pearl friend code: 5369 8037 0340

Pokemon I'm looking for: Fully ev'd Torkoal pm me with offers

I'd like to join please
    Forum name snake 101
    Friend code 425310354739
    Friend code 425310354739

Count me in.
    Oh also name is Mastadi in both cases
    Last edited by Mastadi; 3rd July 2008 at 9:54 PM.
    First, when players wish to exchange their winnings, they must call a parlor staff member by using the call button located at the top of the machine they used. The staff member will then carry the player's balls to an automated counter to verify how many they have.

im in
    Serebii Username: bookist
    Ingame name: Evan
    FC: 2664-3107-0591

garchomp: ban
    wobuffet: ban
    dexoys: ban
    Last edited by bookist; 3rd July 2008 at 9:24 PM.
    Click on ^ to prevent it from death This means YOU!!!

pearl fc=2664-3107-0591

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast