Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

I have the junk warrior starter deck and I wondering.

1 should I put stardust Dragon in it?
    2 Should I put other syncoril (sorry for bad spelling) in the deck? (I have Psychic Lifetrancer and Magical Android)
    3 should I put "Psychic" monster and teleport (spell card) in and if so what card to take out?
    4 should I put Lightsworn Dragon and Paladin in it?
    Last edited by darklord18; 19th February 2009 at 5:57 AM.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

1 Yes
    2 Yes
    3 Yes (Probably one of the random, lesser needed monsters, like that big Sea Serpent one)
    4 No (Lightsworn belong in their own, dedicated deck, or occasionally a hybrid, but that's only Lyla, Lumina and Wulf)

/\ Thank you. I remove twister due to it cost, some high level one like Sea Serpent and some other spell card that really weren't good.
    but I have a problem, I don't know if junk warrior effect is a when it summon or as long as it say on the field.

When it's summoned.

This is a complicated question in my mind. Can I use "Contract With the Abyss" to ritual summon "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms" IF I use three fiends as the ritual material monsters. "Raviel"'s effect says it can only be summoned by tributing three fiend-type monsters, but it does not specify that they need to be directly tributed from the field. "Contract With the Abyss" (I'll call it CWA to spare time in the rest of this post) says that it can ritual summon any DARK monster, and "Raviel" is a DARK monster. If I do use the right number of stars and ensure that they are between a trio of fiends, doesn't that satisfy the qualifications of both?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Raviel isn't a Ritual monster though.... Ritual monsters have a blue border, Raviel does not.

Right away I can just tell you from the first sentence; Raviel is only summoned by tributing the three Fiends, and it is not a Ritual Summon. Contract only works to Ritual Summon Ritual Monsters, which even though it isn't stated, is meant to be a given.

And you're better off getting the guy out concentionally, if I do say so myself. There are easy ways.

Fiend's Sanctuary, Fires of Doomsday, Giant Germ, things like that.

Actually, Contract does not specify anything about only being able to summon ritual monsters. It says it can summon any dark monster as if it was a ritual. I've even dueled in official tournaments in which I was allowed to summon cards like Red Eyes and Summoned Skull using it, plus I am able to summon non-ritual monsters with it in the Yu-Gi-Oh video games, which have all the rulings for these cards programmed into them.
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by YuGiOh Wikia Card Text of Contract With The Abyss
    This card is used to Ritual Summon any DARK Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are Ritual Summoning.
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Ru...with_the_Abyss

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Er...with_the_Abyss

*bang bang bang*

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Actually, Contract does not specify anything about only being able to summon ritual monsters. It says it can summon any dark monster as if it was a ritual. I've even dueled in official tournaments in which I was allowed to summon cards like Red Eyes and Summoned Skull using it, plus I am able to summon non-ritual monsters with it in the Yu-Gi-Oh video games, which have all the rulings for these cards programmed into them.
    Video Game Rulings < Judge Ruling.

"Contract with the Abyss" is used as a generic substitute for Ritual Spell Cards like "Black Illusion Ritual" and "Contract with the Dark Master". You cannot use "Contract with the Abyss" to Ritual Summon a non-Ritual Monster like "Dark Magician".

Incaes you missed Sirnight's posts or didn't read the ruling for some reason.

I have question. Can I activate Charge of the Light Brigade if Dimensional Stronghold Weapon is on the field, since the milling is a cost.

What style of monster (Lightsworn, Crystal beast etc) are good with the SD deck? (I tried psychic but I lost in a duel and What cards should I take out for these?

You can't really build a deck out of the SD.

Psychic or Warrior are the only things you COULD build.

Lightsworn/CB belong in their own deck.

/\So What type of combo can I do with the 5D starter deck (sorry for saying SD)

is a crystal beast deck good if I missing one crystal beast and should I put Tuner monster in it? (I'm not good with building a deck.)

and Can I use Stardust dragon effect to destroy another Stardust dragon that use it effect and if I did, would the card I use to trigger the effect of my opponent stardust dragon?
    e.g. If I use heavy storm, My opponent use stardust dragon effect, I use my stardust effect.
    And how can I use Cyber end dragon now that you can only have one Cyber dragon in your deck?

sorry for the trouble

The way I see it, even if your deck has no tuners it doesn't hurt to add some synchro monsters in your extra deck. You can use Brain Control or Monster Reborn to "borrow" a tuner from your opponent if they have any. You never know when you may face an opponent who is going to use tuners, but if they do and you can take control of the tuners, you're in buisness. After all, there are no rules that say you can only have an extra deck if you are able to use it with only monsters from your own deck. Same thing goes for Cyber End. If you take control of an opponent's Cyber Dragon and fuse it with one of your own (along with a Hex-Sealed Fusion monster or something like that) you can get ot Cyber End without breaking any limiting rules.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    and Can I use Stardust dragon effect to destroy another Stardust dragon that use it effect and if I did, would the card I use to trigger the effect of my opponent stardust dragon?
    Right. I'll decipher what you said (I will use Raigeki as the destroying card)

1. Player A: Raigeki
    2. Player B: Player B's Stardust's Effect
    3. Player A: Player A's Stardust Effect

Player A's Stardust would Negate Player B's Stardust. Player B's Stardust's effect no longer works, so Raigeki activates as normal.

/\Thank but I think I put some tuner in, the person I fight use a neos deck with Light wave tuning (sorry for bad spelling.) and so he has no tuner, he just lucky that when ever he get Neo allus, Monster reborn and light wave tuning. I just wondering what card would be good against it, not to mention he have Rainbow neos as well.
    and Thank Cybernew I thought that would happen but I didn't know because I just got Stardust dragon.

I think I just build a deck that focus on bring out or my synchro monsters and protect them from his neos monster effect. so what pack can I get Skill drain and Royal drece (the card that negate trap card from working.

Skill Drain is most common in The Gold Series, or I beleive it's a very old set called Dark Crisis.

Royal Decree is common in Structure Deck 5: Warrior's Triumph.

Thanks for helping.

i have 2 questions:

1. if you use common soul youcan special summon a neo-spacian,
    but if its send to the graveyard and a little bit later common soul is destroyed, does the neo-spacian returns from the grave to your hand by common souls effect?

2. i finaly got skyscraper 2-hero city from a duelist pack 6 but does it works with elemental hero captain golds effect?
    Last edited by Tropios; 8th April 2009 at 1:23 PM.
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

1. Yes
    2. No

Quote Originally Posted by 705030 View Post
    i have 2 questions:

1. if you use common soul youcan special summon a neo-spacian,
    but if its send to the graveyard and a little bit later common soul is destroyed, does the neo-spacian returns from the grave to your hand by common souls effect?

2. i finaly got skyscraper 2-hero city from a duelist pack 6 but does it works with elemental hero captain golds effect?
    1. If the Neo-Spacian is removed from the field after being Summoned by Common Soul's effect, then it won't come back to your hand by Common Soul later on. Common Soul will just remain on the field as a dead card until it is removed from the field.

2. You cannot search Skyscraper 2 - Hero City with Captain Gold's effect, since Captain Gold's effect states to add 1 "Skycraper" period. Now, if it said 1 "Skyscraper" card, then you could get it. But unfortunately, no.

oke thanks
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast