Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

Oh, sorry. I presumed Soul would work. Sirnight is right.

http://www.tdgames.co.uk/acatalog/yu...emium-pack.jpg

Whats the name of the monster in this picture

Quote Originally Posted by Apd1e View Post
    http://www.tdgames.co.uk/acatalog/yu...emium-pack.jpg

Whats the name of the monster in this picture
    It's called Magician of Black Chaos.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magician_of_Black_Chaos

Can Future Fusion be used to summon Dark Flare Knight? Dark Flare Knight is a fusion of a normal monster -Dark Magician- and a fusion monster -Flame Swordsman-, so only one of the fusion material monsters would actually be in the regular deck and the other would be in the fusion deck. I have both Dark Flare Knight and Mirage Knight (which can only be summoned by the effect of Dark Flare Knight) and I realize that summoning either of them is practically impossible. Could I summon it with Future Fusion or would I actually need to fusion summon Flame Swordsman first?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Can Future Fusion be used to summon Dark Flare Knight? Dark Flare Knight is a fusion of a normal monster -Dark Magician- and a fusion monster -Flame Swordsman-, so only one of the fusion material monsters would actually be in the regular deck and the other would be in the fusion deck. I have both Dark Flare Knight and Mirage Knight (which can only be summoned by the effect of Dark Flare Knight) and I realize that summoning either of them is practically impossible. Could I summon it with Future Fusion or would I actually need to fusion summon Flame Swordsman first?
    You have to send the Fusion Material Monsters to the Graveyard from the Deck, not the Extra Deck, so you cannot use Future Fusion to Fusion Summon Dark Flare Knight.

This is a scenario question:
    If I am using my Cloudian-Eye of the Typhoon, and have it attack an opponent with 2 or 3 Morphtronic Magnons (I think that's how it is spelled) in attack mode, what would happen. Having any more than on Magnon in defense mode at once can result in a shield combo preventing your opponent from attacking your monsters. With Eye of the Typhoon's effect, all non-cloudians face-up on the field have their positions changed when it attacks, so both Magnons will then be in face-up defense mode. Because their effect would only be able to activate because of the attack, it could end up very confusing.
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

The Magnens would stop any attack period, while Eye of the Typhoons effect activates when it attacks. If Eye can't attack to begin with, then it's effect can't change their battle positions.

I was wondering now since I would like to go to a tournament sometime and I dont know what Format this year is since I didn't follow that yet.I would also like to know that If I play a deck with no syncro monsters do I have to change monster types if a certain spell or trap is activated to a syncro and follow the rules since I Dont know what to do when syncro's come in :/(if you dont understand im talking about what to do when I dont know about syncro's)

I suppose it would help to read a rulebook or maybe go down to your tournament just to learn at first and collect some cards from people who know what they're doing.

Synchro monsters are similar to Rituals and Fusions combined, in that you need to send monsters from the field to the Graveyard whose levels equal the Synchro monster you want to Synchro Summon. And at that point, Synchros are just like any other monster with effects and everything. I don't know what you mean by changing monster types, unless you're refering to Tuners; monsters required in Synchro Summoning.

But I think it would be best to get live experience when you're this unsure and want to get right into the game. You can't learn everything from the rulebook; especially since some things, like effect priorities, aren't even explained there.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sirnight~ View Post
    The Magnens would stop any attack period, while Eye of the Typhoons effect activates when it attacks. If Eye can't attack to begin with, then it's effect can't change their battle positions.
    I am even more confused now. My question was based on the idea that the Magnons start in attack mode and change to defense mode when Eye of the Typhoon attacks. The effect can be helpful or hurtful, because it can trump your opponent's defense by changing them to attack mode or aiding them by changing them from attack to defense mode.

I am even more confused now. My question was based on the idea that the Magnons start in attack mode and change to defense mode when Eye of the Typhoon attacks. The effect can be helpful or hurtful, because it can trump your opponent's defense by changing them to attack mode or aiding them by changing them from attack to defense mode.
    My bad, I'll try to help in that scenario. First off; I found this in the TCG rulings section:

If you control an Attack Position "Morphtronic Magnen" and another monster, when your opponent attacks the other monster and an effect is activated that changes "Morphtronic Magnen" into Defense Position, the other monster is still attacked because it has already been selected as an attack target.
    However, I believe this is only the case if you control one Magnen, but I'm not sure, since it is stating that the attack target has already been selected.

I suppose it would help to read a rulebook or maybe go down to your tournament just to learn at first and collect some cards from people who know what they're doing.

Synchro monsters are similar to Rituals and Fusions combined, in that you need to send monsters from the field to the Graveyard whose levels equal the Synchro monster you want to Synchro Summon. And at that point, Synchros are just like any other monster with effects and everything. I don't know what you mean by changing monster types, unless you're refering to Tuners; monsters required in Synchro Summoning.

But I think it would be best to get live experience when you're this unsure and want to get right into the game. You can't learn everything from the rulebook; especially since some things, like effect priorities, aren't even explained there.
    Ah thanks for you help I havn't played YGO for a while so I forgot about some things :/ Mabey I should buy the new starter deck for some more help lol

I've been googling for about half an hour and can't find anything about the locations of the Ancient Prophecy sneak preview. I've found over a dozen sites telling when the event will occur, but none of them tell me anything about where it will be. Knowing when an event occurs is useless unless you also know where the **** you are supposed to be going, isn't it? Can someone please give a link that can tell me where it will happen?

I've been googling for about half an hour and can't find anything about the locations of the Ancient Prophecy sneak preview. I've found over a dozen sites telling when the event will occur, but none of them tell me anything about where it will be. Knowing when an event occurs is useless unless you also know where the **** you are supposed to be going, isn't it? Can someone please give a link that can tell me where it will happen?
    Check yugioh-card.com

Konami should have all of it's stores that legally hold tournaments listed, so you can probably call them or the judges to know. Or just go to your normal place of play yourself and ask.

Or, if you're in the uk, you'll have to check ukaypro.com

Check yugioh-card.com

Konami should have all of it's stores that legally hold tournaments listed, so you can probably call them or the judges to know. Or just go to your normal place of play yourself and ask.
    I just checked yugioh-card.com and there was no information at all relevant to the sneak preview. I also spent about half an hour googling page after page with no results. I'm at my witts end. Could someone possibly give me a link before I blow my brains out, just as a favor?

I need to know what country you're in. UK or elsewhere. If you're in UK, I can help.

Actually last night I found out one location for the event. It's only about twenty minutes from my house, so I'm okay now.
    New question: this came up in a tournament I was in last night. My opponent had a Frog deck and sent out two Dupe Frogs to create an unstoppable defense. I used Diamond Dust Cyclone to take out his Unifrog and played Monster Reborn to get Unifrog on my side. I knew that if it could use its effect to attack directly it would have enough to finish him off (he was at 200), but we got into a bit of confusion regarding the Dupe Frogs. Each Dupe Frog has an ability where your opponent can't choose another monster as an attack target, but can that still stop me from attacking directly with the aid of a monster's effect?

Actually last night I found out one location for the event. It's only about twenty minutes from my house, so I'm okay now.
    New question: this came up in a tournament I was in last night. My opponent had a Frog deck and sent out two Dupe Frogs to create an unstoppable defense. I used Diamond Dust Cyclone to take out his Unifrog and played Monster Reborn to get Unifrog on my side. I knew that if it could use its effect to attack directly it would have enough to finish him off (he was at 200), but we got into a bit of confusion regarding the Dupe Frogs. Each Dupe Frog has an ability where your opponent can't choose another monster as an attack target, but can that still stop me from attacking directly with the aid of a monster's effect?
    Since your target was the opponent and not a monster, the attack went through and you won.

ive got a question: if i use stardust dragons effect and the opponent light and darkness dragons effect what would happen?
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Stardust's effect only activates in response to a destruction effect, but the attempt to activate would be instantly negated by LaDD. LaDD's effect doesn't involve destroying, so Stardust would not be able to activate in response to it.

ok tnx darkpaladin
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Which Structure Deck is probably better: Spellcaster's Judgement or Command?
    Last edited by pokemonmaster3.0; 30th July 2009 at 3:56 AM.
    Due to my very annoyingly long name, I will accept anything along the likes of pokemonmaster, pokemaster, pokemaster30, P3.0, 3.0, etc.

Spoiler:- Records:

I'm back!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster3.0 View Post
    Which Structure Deck is probably better: Spellcaster's Judgement or Command?
    The newer one.

me (again) with a question:

mirror gate says that youve got to return the control of both montsters to the owners after damage step, so is the elemental hero destroyed or not?
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast