Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

Doesn't work. Can't rememer why, I've seen the ruling on Pojo.

I'll see if I can find it

(Its probably like Lumina and ZM vs. Cunning)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sirnight~ View Post
    Here's a question I discovered while xperimenting with a new fun deck. If Junk Syhncron uses it's effect to Special Summon Hand of Nephthys, could you still use her effect to summon the Phoenix? Even though her effect is negated, the text states that her effect is a "Tribute to activate" effect.

Now, if Skill Drain was out, you can use Exiled Force and Stardust's effect, right? So the same should work with Hand. Not sure though, anyone have an idea?
    Since no one's sure, here's the ruling.

If you Special Summon "Hand of Nephthys" with "Junk Synchron", and "Hand of Nephthys" activates her effect by Tributing herself and "Junk Synchron, then her effect is still negated and you will not Special Summon "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys". This is because the effect was activated on the field.[3]

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I was wrong...

Okay, let's say I activate Double Spell and target the opponent's Swords of Revealing light and activate it from the graveyard. Then on the next turn the opponent uses Giant Trunade. Now would the Swords go back to their hand? Stay in the Grave? or not affect the swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Ash View Post
    Okay, let's say I activate Double Spell and target the opponent's Swords of Revealing light and activate it from the graveyard. Then on the next turn the opponent uses Giant Trunade. Now would the Swords go back to their hand? Stay in the Grave? or not affect the swords?
    As the card says. Return all Spells and Traps back to their owner's hands.

ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

So, in testing my Magnet Warrior deck, a quesiton has arisen. Valkyrion's effect is that he Tributes himself to Special Summon an Alpha, Beta, and Gamma from the Graveyard. If Card of Safe Return is out and the summons are successful and everything, will CoSR give me three cards or one?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sirnight~ View Post
    So, in testing my Magnet Warrior deck, a quesiton has arisen. Valkyrion's effect is that he Tributes himself to Special Summon an Alpha, Beta, and Gamma from the Graveyard. If Card of Safe Return is out and the summons are successful and everything, will CoSR give me three cards or one?
    Valkyrion ruling which ties into CoSR.

If you have "Card of Safe Return" active on the field when you Tribute "Valkyrion the Magna Warrior" to Special Summon the Magnet Warriors, you draw only 1 card.

ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

And to add to that, it's because they were all summoned at once.

And to add to the above to, technically the effect does activate BUT you miss your timing on the other two.

Me thinks.

I'm hoping to create a Genex deck-list but have no idea where to start...

Can anyone help? It must use Solar Genex, however.

If I Normal Summon Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster, which parts of it's effects are on and which are off?

Well, I'd say to max out on Birthrights, Genex Searchers, Spares, make sure you balance between the ones that get you cards from the deck and your hand only. It's a cool archtype, but hard to support just right. Solar's so-so, but Worker makes it a free summon.

Thermal and Hydro are pretty awesome though. Artwork alone.

-----

If this card was Special Summoned by "Clock Tower Prison", destroy all monsters you control (except for "Destiny Hero" monsters), then you can Special Summon up to 2 "Destiny Hero" monsters from your Graveyard. During the turn this card is Special Summoned, "Destiny Hero" monsters you control cannot be destroyed, and you take no Battle Damage when they battle. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the combined original ATK of all other "Destiny Hero" monsters you control.
    Non-bolded is the Normal Summon.
    Last edited by ~Sirnight~; 29th October 2008 at 6:03 PM.

I have a question about a certain card. Its about Chaos Emperor Dragon: Envoy of the End. The other day I was playing one of my friends and he summoned it (we decided not to restrict our cards, and I didn't know he had it anyway). Basically, what I'm wondering is, Does Chaos Emperor Dragon's effect destroy it or not? Becuase we couldn't decide whether it did or not, so we ran otu of time and I had to go home, meanign we didn't finish the duel.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Quote Originally Posted by storymasterb View Post
    I have a question about a certain card. Its about Chaos Emperor Dragon: Envoy of the End. The other day I was playing one of my friends and he summoned it (we decided not to restrict our cards, and I didn't know he had it anyway). Basically, what I'm wondering is, Does Chaos Emperor Dragon's effect destroy it or not? Becuase we couldn't decide whether it did or not, so we ran otu of time and I had to go home, meanign we didn't finish the duel.
    This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard. By paying 1000 Life Points, send all cards in both players' hands and on the field to the Graveyard. Inflict 300 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for each card that is sent to the Graveyard by this effect
    Everything, as it doesn't say "except this card" or anything. Also note that it doesn't destroy, but sends to the Graveyard.

If I use negate attack on an attacking e-hero wildheart, does the opponent end their battle phase before or after calculation?

Also, I traded my unlimited edition e-hero flame wingman for my friend's 1/ed ultra stardust dragon. Did I get ripped off? (sorry if this doesn't belong here, I never read anything about questions having to be ruling-related only.)

Quote Originally Posted by martianman40 View Post
    If I use negate attack on an attacking e-hero wildheart, does the opponent end their battle phase before or after calculation?

Also, I traded my unlimited edition e-hero flame wingman for my friend's 1/ed ultra stardust dragon. Did I get ripped off? (sorry if this doesn't belong here, I never read anything about questions having to be ruling-related only.)
    I have no idea about your first question, but the trade sounds like you ripped him off. It depends which rarity Flame Wingman was and which set it was from.

It was super rare, from duelist pack jaden. Also, I chucked in an e-hero wildedge and 2 limiter removals (from duelist pack jaden 2 and zane, respectively. Also, the wildedge and one of the limiter removals were 1/ed)

That sounds like an even trade and a good one at that

Neat. Many thanks!

Ruling on Wildheart on Negate Attack
    If you attack with "Elemental Hero Wildheart"... If the opponent activates "Negate Attack", his attack will not be negated, and the Battle Phase will not end.

ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Ah. Alrighty-then!

Another did I get ripped off? question:

My: 1st ed mirror gate from tactical evolution

for

His: unlimited super rare evil hero infernal prodigy from duelist pack jaden yuki 3.

Just an honest question (even though I don't play the game anymore):

If you have 3 Bad Reaction to Simochi cards active on your side of the field, does that mean that you basically automatically win if you activate 1 Gift Card, effectively taking off 9000 points off your opponent's Life Points?

P.S. I don't know if Bad Reaction to Simochi is limited or not, so sorry if I made a mistake.

Ah. Alrighty-then!

Another did I get ripped off? question:

My: 1st ed mirror gate from tactical evolution

for

His: unlimited super rare evil hero infernal prodigy from duelist pack jaden yuki 3.
    Considering Mirror Gate is also a COMMON in Jaden Yuki 3. I wouldn't say you were ripped off =3

As with Bad Reaction to Simochi: (From YGO Wikia's Ruling page)
    Multiple copies of this card are not cumulative. If you have 2 copies of Bad Reaction to Simochi on the field and the opponent activates Dian Keto the Cure Master, they only take 1000 points of damage.
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru in Chaos View Post
    Just an honest question (even though I don't play the game anymore):

If you have 3 Bad Reaction to Simochi cards active on your side of the field, does that mean that you basically automatically win if you activate 1 Gift Card, effectively taking off 9000 points off your opponent's Life Points?

P.S. I don't know if Bad Reaction to Simochi is limited or not, so sorry if I made a mistake.
    It won't make any difference, however, if you have one Bad Reaction to Simochi card on the field, and you activate three copies of Gift Card, you will inflict a total of 9000 damage to your opponent.

Considering I don't play anymore, I sure am asking a lot of questions >.>

If you only have Guardian Kay'est on your side of the field, does that mean that your opponent can attack your Life Points directly, since s/he can't attack Guardian Kay'est?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast