Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungry For The Good Life! (552)

Default Hungry For The Good Life! (552)

The Gluttonous Swinub at Mr. Backlot's!

On their travels, Ash & Co. arrive at the Pokémon Mansion owned by Mr. Backlot. When they arrive there, they meet a wild Swinub whom eats all the food that they cooked...to make matters worse, Team Rocket arrive intent on capturing all the Pokémon in the garden including Ash & Co.'s Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. save their Pokémon and stop Swinub from eating all the food?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Yep this is the episode Dawn captures a swinub. Sadly I will don't think swinub is a good match for Dawn. Does anyone agree or diagree with me?
    workin on it

The very first day when I saw Swinub, I thought it was going to be Brock's. Too bad Dawn caught it. Anyway, I guess I'll have to deal with it. :l Also, as I said in the other thread, I really liked the maid's outfit ^^. It looked pretty. <3

THE END.

Yeah she should keep the maid outfit that will be funny. Your right it does look cute on her.
    workin on it

Can anyone tell me what attacks Swinub used?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

So I heard that the maid tells Dawn that there is a contest in Celestic Town, interesting, although not unexpected....
    Dawn did get Swinub after all, oh well.
    I'm back

I only know for sure that it used Take Down. The other attack could be either Ice Shard or Power Snow, but I'm not entirely sure.

Swinub reminds me of Wurmple. I'm happy it's with Dawn.

I for one am glad that Swinub went to Dawn. She might hve a badly needed Mamoswine one day.

this swinub takes pig to a whole new level. i think it eats more then munchlax and snorlax combined(sarcasime) but still it eats alot. this thing is a supre pig.

damn dawn why did she have to have it. well hopefully brock gets a new pokemon sometime, 3 pokemon isn't enough for anyone.

Which is Kannagi Town again?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    this swinub takes pig to a whole new level. i think it eats more then munchlax and snorlax combined(sarcasime) but still it eats alot. this thing is a supre pig.

damn dawn why did she have to have it. well hopefully brock gets a new pokemon sometime, 3 pokemon isn't enough for anyone.
    Brock went all of AG with three pokemon, he can do it again. =)

Mamoswine is too sexy for Hikari.
    That's my only objection to it.
    She can't handle how adorable Ground types are. >:

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Which is Kannagi Town again?
    Celestic Town
    I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by mew-the original View Post
    Brock went all of AG with three pokemon, he can do it again. =)
    well still he had 4 in the end of the 3rd gen seires. and i think he should have another 4-5 in the end of 4th gen serires, so only 1-2 more pokemon for him to get. ryhorn is a good opion and swinub should have been his.

Looking at this particular Swinub it doesn't fit Brock even thinking of Swinub in general it doesn't seem like a good Pokemon for him.

I'm glad Swinub went to Dawn.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

well i dont like this swinub. i dont like the pokemon at all but i gusse the only real reason to give the gang one is to get pass the snow routes. also i gusse to show off mamoswine

Well, after watching this episode, I can say that Dawn really deserved Swinub.

She was the one who had the idea to feed it, she was the one that tried to save it and the other Pokemon when Ash feel off the TR Mecha, and she was the one who battled with it to stop Team Rocket. Brock...did nothing of interest besides that loud "SATOSHIIIII!".

And talk about never seen Pokemon, when's the last time we saw Igglybuff and Cleffa, AKA "the Johto baby rejects"? Seeing Pichu and Azuril was cool. And we had Paul's Elekid for a while. So what are they waiting for with Magby?

Overall, a pretty fun episode, and Dawn has a nice future powerhouse.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

I can't believe some people are shocked it went to DAwn. It was obvious right from the very beginning.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

It'll be weird seeing Dawn with a Piloswine eventually, but I'm sure it'll be cool.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

i couldn't find the Gligar episode after this one only this Swinub one but i didnt think this episode was that bad but i thought it was going to be better

Of the three episodes involving Swinub, this was probably the best, which isn't saying too much considering how this felt like a fairly standard capture episode. A few notable points, however:

- Yanmega's alive. I seriously had my doubts until now.
    - Pardon me if I forgot my laws of physics, but how do Carnivine and Yanmega get frozen in two separate chunks of ice in one scene, then merge into one chunk in the next?
    - I already hate how adorable Swinub is. Unlike Munchlax, who I could hate for being shoved in my face at every possible advertising opportunity, I hate Swinub for its charm.
    - Good to see Shimura experimenting with some wackier designs and poses, even if the coloring and motion fluidity isn't up to snuff with this series' best.

And I leave you all with this comforting thought:
    First came Dawn catching Buizel. People b****ed. Then came the trade. People b****ed. Then came Ash catching Gligar. People b****ed. Then came Ash not catching Riolu. People b****ed. Then came Pikachu not evolving. People b****ed. Then came Dawn beating May. People b****ed. Now comes Dawn catching Swinub. People are already b****ing.

Lesson learned? Sinnoh - It's b****in'.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Of the three episodes involving Swinub, this was probably the best, which isn't saying too much considering how this felt like a fairly standard capture episode. A few notable points, however:

- Pardon me if I forgot my laws of physics, but how do Carnivine and Yanmega get frozen in two separate chunks of ice in one scene, then merge into one chunk in the next?
    - I already hate how adorable Swinub is. Unlike Munchlax, who I could hate for being shoved in my face at every possible advertising opportunity, I hate Swinub for its charm.
    - Good to see Shimura experimenting with some wackier designs and poses, even if the coloring and motion fluidity isn't up to snuff with this series' best.

First came Dawn catching Buizel. People b****ed. Then came the trade. People b****ed. Then came Ash catching Gligar. People b****ed. Then came Ash not catching Riolu. People b****ed. Then came Pikachu not evolving. People b****ed. Then came Dawn beating May. People b****ed. Now comes Dawn catching Swinub. People are already b****ing.

Hey, I didn't mind any of those events happening. Personally, I'm happy SOMEONE caught Swinub.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post

the only one of those that i would b***h about is ash getting a riolu. i dont think he is suited for it. adn i hate dawn for getting a swinub. i hate them both. i hate ash too. brock is the only cool one of the 3. poor gliscor having a trainer like ash. ohwell

It was a quite funny episode to be honest...and for one moment i thought piplup was going to sleep again in his pokeball for a while before i saw him in the ground next to dawn...
    Is piplup going to be the pikachu of 4th gen anime?
    We know that Swinub knows Take down and Ice Shard
    Asuming the game is accurate to the level,that swinub should be at least in level 32,so it might even evolve soon after the 11th movie ppl!
    Last edited by kpt25; 4th July 2008 at 1:12 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast