Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hungry For The Good Life! (552)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    Kill her and the Urimoo they just captured? Well, at least they landed on a shrub instead of that screwy "bounce off the ground" crap that Kasumi and Masato pulled almost three years ago).
    It was still very cheesy and looked very wrong. she survives a fall like this without ANY injuries by landing on a shrub? With a skirt like her´s she should stick to the shrub with her...nevermind...

I liked this episode a lot better when it had Haruka´s Delicious in it...I won´t say anything else...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

ah...i never noticed swinub before as being cute...but this one was simply adorable
    personnaly i find chubby things adorable, which is why i like Munchlax and Dragonite Swinub is funny, and of course he goes to Dawn. D'oh. I hope it doesn't evolve. That thing would eat all of sinnoh as a poliswine, much less a mamoswine.

This is Denna
    Of boundless appetite
    And some other things
    but mostly the first one
    yup...

credit to Team_Magma93

WOW Hikari has a short skirt.

Anyways, this was a pretty entertaining capture episode. I'm not really into swinub's personality but it was portrayed nicely so i'm not gonna complain about it.

I knew Swinub was Dawn's. I found Swinub was cute an very Dawn-y in the pics in Serebii. I saw someone say trade Swinub and HAppiny.

Wow.

Just cuz Buizel and Aipom were traded, doesn't mean others will be. Sides, AHppiny with Brock could mean Brock will finally settle down with a nice Nurse Joy, prob in Pewter.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Swinub really knows how to throw its weight around.

I especially love the part where the other pokemon were about to 'kill' Swinub when it ate all their poffin.

I predict Dawn will eventually make a special recipe for Swinub just like May did with her Munchlax...

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I can't believe some people are shocked it went to DAwn. It was obvious right from the very beginning.
    We have each and every right to be shocked and/or disappointed. Swinub suits Brock more. Brock can handle its feeding needs, is a Ground-type and Brock can use Swinub to create Ice statues to his romantic advancements. Poor Buneary. With a Swinub on Dawn's team, it will get less screentime than we hoped after the movie. She has handled Buneary poorly and now its usage seems to decrease more.

Please don't stack images; The maximum height allowed is 420 pixels. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post
    Well, after watching this episode, I can say that Dawn really deserved Swinub.

She was the one who had the idea to feed it, she was the one that tried to save it and the other Pokemon when Ash feel off the TR Mecha, and she was the one who battled with it to stop Team Rocket. Brock...did nothing of interest besides that loud "SATOSHIIIII!".

And talk about never seen Pokemon, when's the last time we saw Igglybuff and Cleffa, AKA "the Johto baby rejects"? Seeing Pichu and Azuril was cool. And we had Paul's Elekid for a while. So what are they waiting for with Magby?

Overall, a pretty fun episode, and Dawn has a nice future powerhouse.
    You obviously have a problem with your thinking skills. If this is a bit rude, please punish me. I'll accept it with grace.

If the writers decided to give that pig to Brock, then he could have done more in this episode besides your accusations of "SATOSHI!!".

Please don't stack images; The maximum height allowed is 420 pixels. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARZZ View Post
    We have each and every right to be shocked and/or disappointed. Swinub suits Brock more. Brock can handle its feeding needs, is a Ground-type and Brock can use Swinub to create Ice statues to his romantic advancements. Poor Buneary. With a Swinub on Dawn's team, it will get less screentime than we hoped after the movie. She has handled Buneary poorly and now its usage seems to decrease more.

I take it you haven't heard of what took place in the newest aired episode of pokemon.

Spoiler:- For those who don't want to be spoiled:
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

okay swinub is cool but i think it isnt dawns kind of pokemon i was hoping she would get a mantyke

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARZZ View Post
    We have each and every right to be shocked and/or disappointed.
    Did I say who don't have those rights? No. Yes I expect people to be disappointed, but it was obvious from the start that Swinub was going to her so no one should be shocked.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

It wasn't overly obvious, after all that little piggy was more interested in the food than Dawn. But after that first section, Dawn actually gave a dedicated bowl to it, and that was the big givaway. That little piggy is just so GAH! annoying! How does the rest of the team expect to eat anymore!?
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

The only thing I hate about the episode was when Team Rocket captured all the pokemon and became too cocky (as always)

I haven't watched the show in forever, but I decided to watch this one (and the gym battel with Maylene) and i've gotta say, i'm starting to get back into watching the show.

It was a nice episode.
    I think Swinub's a OK pokemon for Dawn, but if it evolves, I think my opinion would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    I haven't watched the show in forever, but I decided to watch this one (and the gym battel with Maylene) and i've gotta say, i'm starting to get back into watching the show.

It was a nice episode.
    I think Swinub's a OK pokemon for Dawn, but if it evolves, I think my opinion would change.
    Actually, I'm inclined to think that Dawn's Swinub will never evolve. After all, she got it for one reason because it was cute. If it evolved, it would probably loose that "cute" status, if you know what I mean.

This whole cute thing needs to end. After all, do Blaziken and Venusaur look "cute"? She doesn't have to have cute pokémon. Heck, how is Ambipom cute.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    This whole cute thing needs to end. After all, do Blaziken and Venusaur look "cute"? She doesn't have to have cute pokémon. Heck, how is Ambipom cute.
    I guess it's really up to the writers. After all, they have the final say in the plotline and not the animators. And for argument's sake, I guess it's just that Blaziken, Venusaur, and Ambipom WEREcute at some point.

I've just done the guide for this episode, and thought I'd post up some of my thoughts about it for all to see.

-I dunno, I just didn't really like Monica as a Character of the Day, or Mr. Backlot.

-Urgh, I literally cringed when I saw Swinub. The wacky music, the character reactions, the eating of all the food... horrible, disgusted memories of May's Munchlax came rushing to my head. I hated that thing and I hate Swinub. I'm sure we're set to see more of this hilarious little quirk much more in the series, and I'm sure it's going to keep getting more annoying. Not as annoying as Piplup, but still.

-When Swinub gave Dawn that apple I pointed right at my screen and literally said "Don't you dare have the apple remind Dawn of Piplup and have the apple turn into Piplup's head. Don't you f*cking dare."

Then they did it and I actually had to scream. It made me hurt inside so much. ;(

-I like how Dawn released all the Pokemon yet they didn't even BOTHER to try and escape Team Rocket's flying machine. As we saw when Swinub smashed a hole in it, TR didn't put the barrier back up. So why no attempted escape? Surely one of the powerhouses could have smashed a hole- hell, anything since Swinub was able to with a simple Take Down attack. Lazy gits.

Overall, this episode was incredibly boring and I felt it was a task trying to do a guide for it. No interesting battles, nothing original and boring COTD. The only highlight for me was seeing Yanmega, this is the first episode I've seen wtih it being used.

There's my two cents anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    -I like how Dawn released all the Pokemon yet they didn't even BOTHER to try and escape Team Rocket's flying machine. As we saw when Swinub smashed a hole in it, TR didn't put the barrier back up. So why no attempted escape? Surely one of the powerhouses could have smashed a hole- hell, anything since Swinub was able to with a simple Take Down attack. Lazy gits.
    I was thinking the same when I watched the episode. But this really is a problem with many Pokemon episodes.

Nets or cages turn powerhouses into helpless little worms for some reason.

Maybe it wasn´t so bad inside the mecha after all? Only a dirty mind like mine could tell what was going on up there....
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

-When Swinub gave Dawn that apple I pointed right at my screen and literally said "Don't you dare have the apple remind Dawn of Piplup and have the apple turn into Piplup's head. Don't you f*cking dare."

Then they did it and I actually had to scream. It made me hurt inside so much. ;(
    Ha! That's just so funny how you put it! Well, I didn't have to scream, but that apple thing was extremely weird! Kind of goes to show how the writers are probably stretched for ideas.

Seems like someone thinks the TV can hear them screaming...

Ha! That's just so funny how you put it! Well, I didn't have to scream, but that apple thing was extremely weird! Kind of goes to show how the writers are probably stretched for ideas.

Swinub looks so strong I'm sure it will be a valuable addition to Dawn's team.

If she ever uses it though.

This isn't going to air until next week?!

Argh!
    I wasn't too happy the last time Pokemon was put off until next week; the last time, the new show "The Secret Saturdays" was to blame for last time, & this time, I blame the holidays for this.

Ah well, at least I'll have more time to frolic around in Silent Hill...

*chops up a Schism with a Fire axe*

Well, I wonder what attacks Swinub knows besides Take Down and Ice Shard?

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast