Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Fear with Fear (553)

Before the episode there was a Ds Commerical was that for Platunim because it looked like the underground but more 3d
    To me Gliscor looks more Scary and I miss Gligar's Cuteness

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - Not only does Ash have superhuman jumping abilities, but he's able to destroy the laws of physics by falling faster!
    Objects would fall the same rate without taking air resistance into account. But since Gligar can glide and there is obviously air resistance, that is why Gligar didn't fall as fast as Ash did.

Anyways, Gary appearance was ok. Whoever said that they were at Lake Valor for one of the summaries was majorly mistaken, although the Lake Valor part wasn't all incorrect as there was the flashback scene of it. Overall, a good episode which was funny also. Gligar got a lot of attacks to show and it finally evolved into Gliscor. Hopefully it will be better in the upcoming battles.

Another thing to note, anyone find it odd that for the ending credits music they swapped back to the original version?

S.Suikun, what we do without you?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I thought this episode was awesome, best thing about it was that gliscor still has it's personality.
    I found the episode not too rushed and very entertaining, i also liked the animation.In general it's an episode well done.
    Last edited by Kaasuti; 4th July 2008 at 11:17 AM.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

I liked the episode and was glad Gliscor kept it's personality
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

I must admit, due to Gligar's actions in this episode I will miss the little gal. Begging had to be the best bit along with dancing with Ash. It appears that Gliscor kept it's personality. But for how long? I really hope Gliscor still does the crybaby thing, but I doubt she'll do it...

^ It seems it lost it's cowardice but still is playful, winks and licks it's face.

I Think Ash Got A better Deal. His Gligar Could Evolve Into A Gliscor, But Pauls Can't Evolve Again.

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    Objects would fall the same rate without taking air resistance into account. But since Gligar can glide and there is obviously air resistance, that is why Gligar didn't fall as fast as Ash did.
    Ah, so that's why I failed that Physics final. It all makes sense now! Now I can sleep at night once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    S.Suikun, what we do without you?
    Don't ask me; I failed that Physics final. But if I were to create some sort of hypothesis, I would guess that you all would sprout the wings of a bat and stomp off like a zombie while whistling Row, Row, Row Your Boat through a car wash.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

i really enjoyed this episode lol Team Rockets Gliscor balloon thingy was cool and Staravia looks cool with Ash's bag on it's back

If the show started with Staravia with his bag on him, one of the viewers would be like, "IS ASH A STARAVIA NOW!?"

Poor Staravia, it died during the Team Rocket combo.

I'm very pleased with the fact Gliscor kept its personality. I must say the beginning of this episode with the training with Buizel and Turtwig was simply perfect. So funny and so well done.

I WAS annoyed that they could give everyone minus Chimchar a role, though. I mean, Chimchar is pretty much dead in Ash's team. Ash could simply just use Chimchar and Staravia against Seviper and Yanmega yet he used only the bird. It's just so dead right now it sickens me and makes me think Chimchar's capture was utterly worthless and not needed.

Gligar made me laugh throughout the episode and that's good since I like entertainment. Gliscor is just awesome. It's odd but my favorites in Ash's team are the bird and Gliscor. They show how much the anime had improved in terms of personality. Here's hoping Chimchar can go the same way. I want the monkey to contribute on something.

Gary didn't do much but geez, I love his Umbreon. It's just so awesome and I didn't care it used generic attack number #1: Shadow Ball. It was just great.

Anyaways, the whole episode was great and even though I'm going to miss Gligar I'm sure Gliscor will have the spice and strength to be even more awesome.

I was amazed when I heard that the little Gligar us Americans haven't even met yet evolved. We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corre t me if I'm wrong). Also, the fact that Paul also has a Gliscor puts back in play that Ash might get a Tortera. Although I think Turtwig is soooo cute. I wonder if Gliscor will still keep sticking its tonge out? It was cute with Gligar but it might be a litlle scary with Gliscor.

I didn't realilize Gliscor was so big! It was almost the size of Ash; granted that Ash is no Z (from the Cleveland Cavs; he is 7' 3''). I'm glad that Gligar at least learned Stell Wing while it was still a Gligar; even if it only learned X Scizor as a Gliscor.

From Dax
    I love his Umbreon. It's just so awesome and I didn't care it used generic attack number #1: Shadow Ball. It was just great.
    I agree. I love Umbreon. Shadow Ball might be generic but with Umbreon, it still is like, a special move.
    If only Pokemon were real... oh, to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTurtwig View Post
    We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corre t me if I'm wrong).
    This is Ash's second evolution this season. First was Starly.

I wonder if Gliscor will still keep sticking its tonge out? It was cute with Gligar but it might be a litlle scary with Gliscor.
    It did it after fighting Team Rocket and it looked awesome with its tongue out.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with Gliscor learning a Dark Type move?
    Because Dark Type attacks OWN.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corret me if I'm wrong).
    Ash has had Starly and gligar evolve, Dawn has had Aipom evolve, and Brock has had Bonsly evolve.

I'm glad Gliscor keeps its personality. However, I don't think crybaby Gliscor will be as cute as crybaby Gligar.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Heh, now all we need is Ash to have Staraptor and Torterra and his team will be SO cool.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

and Infernape

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Trainer88 View Post
    and Infernape
    Ooh, that would be interesting. Heh, Buizel would be SO jealous.

I was amazed when I heard that the little Gligar us Americans haven't even met yet evolved. We haven't seen an Ash & co evolution yet in this region (corre t me if I'm wrong). Also, the fact that Paul also has a Gliscor puts back in play that Ash might get a Tortera. Although I think Turtwig is soooo cute. I wonder if Gliscor will still keep sticking its tonge out? It was cute with Gligar but it might be a litlle scary with Gliscor.

I didn't realilize Gliscor was so big! It was almost the size of Ash; granted that Ash is no Z (from the Cleveland Cavs; he is 7' 3''). I'm glad that Gligar at least learned Stell Wing while it was still a Gligar; even if it only learned X Scizor as a Gliscor.

I agree. I love Umbreon. Shadow Ball might be generic but with Umbreon, it still is like, a special move.
    It knew X-scissor as gligar too.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by neo_senku View Post
    It was not exactly perfect though. Its X-Scissor was pretty weak, but it eventually mastered it perfectly in this episode. The power of X-Scissor probably was affected by its lack of endurance in the claws (shown when its claws went red after it used it on the cage) and its age and inexperience. That's all behind it now.

Sorry guys, I was thinking only Ash even though I put Ash & co. Sorry Dax, I forgot about Starly =). Post if you think Staravia is under used! I do! I like Gliscor, but, Staravia is never used any more! Why not have TWO (sorry for all caps) flying types that you really use?

Um... what Dark type move does Gliscor know? I thought at this point it only knows Steel Wing and X-Scissor, right? Anyone notice that Gligar evolved in a flash? I know it was still night but come on, the writers could have had Gligar hold it for a couple mins.

Originally posted by neo senku
    It didn't guote, unquote know X-Scissor. It was trying but it couldn't use it; more or less.
    Last edited by GreenTurtwig; 5th July 2008 at 2:28 PM.
    If only Pokemon were real... oh, to dream.

Sorry guys, I was thinking only Ash even though I put Ash & co. Sorry Dax, I forgot about Starly =). Post if you think Staravia is under used! I do! I like Gliscor, but, Staravia is never used any more! Why not have TWO (sorry for all caps) flying types that you really use?
    No worries but...

...Staravia is not under used at all.

It didn't guote, unquote know X-Scissor. It was trying but it couldn't use it; more or less.
    Which doesn't make sense because didn't it use a perfect X-scissor against Dawn's Buneary in the Chingling episode?

Although perhaps Ash knew it wasn't perfect, which is probably why everytime Ash ordered Gligar to attack (after that episode) it was usually Steel Wing.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Actually Gligar was only able to pull off a successful X-Scissor attack only occasionally, so yeah, that one against Buneary, while successful, seemed pretty weak.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast