Thread: Ridiculous - [Contestshipping/Pokeshipping One-Shot]

Default Ridiculous - [Contestshipping/Pokeshipping One-Shot]

Okay, here's my first shipping fanfic. It's a Pokeshipping/Contestshipping fic set right after Ash and Co. get back from Sinnoh and are resting in Pallet Town before Ash goes racing off to the next region.

It's PG-rated by the way, for mild humour. XP

Here it is!

Ridiculous

--

“Love itself is blind, irrevocable, and ridiculous” - Stephanie Meyer

Ash paced back and forth inside of Oak’s Lab. With each step, his brow would furrow even more. He had a certain person on his mind. A certain, red haired person.

“Ketchum, stop pacing like that. You’re making me dizzy,” Drew ordered, peering at his dark-haired friend over the top of his book. Ash had just finished his stint for the Sinnoh League and had returned to Pallet Town, with a new friend in tow.

As usual, Ash’s old friends such as Misty, Tracey and May were there waiting for him but May’s new friend, Drew, had decided to tag-a-long. In typical Ash-fashion, it didn’t take long for him to befriend the more solitary Drew and act like best buds. Not that Drew minded, of course. Ash was a nice enough fellow, although a bit of the daft side.

“Sorry, Drew,” Ash said, but he made no move to stop pacing.

Drew rolled his eyes behind his Coordinating Encyclopedia and sighed, “What’s the matter?”

“It’s Misty!” Ash sounded like he had been bursting to say it for weeks. “I…I like her, Drew.”

Drew put on mock surprise, “Now, really, Ash? I had no idea…”

“Sod off, Drew.” Ash groaned. It was the first time he had actually admitted it out loud, and it felt surprisingly good. The only problem was, he didn’t know what to do. Ash was determined that Misty hated him and had no interest in him whatsoever, judging by the nasty looks she threw at him when she met Dawn for the first time.

Hey, it wasn’t his fault that Misty didn’t know he was tagging along with Dawn; the post network in Sinnoh was terrible, plus Ash had learnt it the hard way that Daisy Waterflower had bad habit of snooping on Misty’s letters.

Ash had only just come to terms that he liked Misty (he still couldn’t quite fathom that concept) and only because he found himself following her every footstep and memorizing every single one of her mannerisms when quite obviously he wasn’t a stalker. At least he thought he wasn’t one.

Ash sighed and shook his head. He’ll never get Misty to fall for him. Unless… Ash grinned and turned to Drew. “I need your help.”

Drew put his book down. He had been studying about Coordinating for a while now, and it was nice to have an excuse to put all that coordinating-related stuff away for a while. “Well, I don’t know what I can do to help. All I know is that you should tell her. It’s no surprise that you like her to me, and I’m sure she won’t be surprised either.”

“But, Drew.” Ash moaned. “I can’t do that. I have to go about it the Misty Waterflower way...”

“And how’s that?” Drew was interested. Ash really didn’t know the best way to go about girl problems. Granted, neither did Drew (despite what Brianna or his fans might say). So the two of them together attempting to solve this probably wouldn’t end well.

“I need to make her jealous,” Ash said suddenly, a determined look solidifying on his face.

“And how would you do that?” Drew had to bite his lip to prevent himself from sniggering. Ash didn’t know what he was talking about. Making Misty jealous was definitely not the way to go around it.

“I need a girl…” Ash said, “to pretend to be in love with me. Trust me. In a moments time Misty will be running to me with open arms.”

“Glad you’re so sure,” Drew said, “But Ash…I’m not so sure that will work…”

“Of course it will,” Ash dismissed, “Now, all I need is a girl…”

Drew’s eyes widened as his friend looked at him slyly, “Why are you looking at me like that? No…no way…”

“Come on, Drew!” Ash pleaded, “Please! I can’t do this without you.”

“No!” Drew yelped, picking his book back up, “I won’t do it.”

Ash sighed, “Okay.”

Drew slowly set his book back down. It was getting rather tiring hearing Ash and Misty bicker all the time, especially when they both had feelings for each other. Both Ash and Misty wanted to help him when Team Rocket “accidentally” stole Roserade’s Pokeball. That ordeal was tumultuous for Drew and it could have been worse if the bickering couple (along with May) didn’t help him like they did. Drew owed them one.

Drew groaned and ran his hand through his hair. It was the least he could do, helping Ash, and soon he made up his mind. Actually, as much as Drew acted as though this was a burden, he was incredibly grateful for an opportunity to stop thinking about Coordinating. He desperately needed to hang up and act like a normal kid for once, not like some flustered Coordinating spaz.

Drew raised his eyebrows, he was glad for the chance to have some fun, to play matchmaker, to not have to worry about the next damn Grand Festival and wonder when Team Rocket’s going to drop by and steal his Pokemon again

“What do I have to do?” Drew asked.

Ash grinned, “Thanks, Drew. I knew you’d pull through. Okay…I need you to become a woman.”

Drew’s mouth dropped; so much for a chance to have some fun. “Excuse me?”

“C’mon Drew, all you have to do is dress like a girl and act like one. Then Misty will get jealous.”

Drew ran a hand through his untamed hair, “You are ridiculous, you know that?”

--

A few hours later Drew was seated at the table, clad in a flapping sundress that belonged to May. It was a bit small for him, and he couldn’t really breathe all that well. He and Ash had quickly ran through Mrs. Ketchum’s collection of novelty wigs, and soon Drew had long hair that drifted to the middle of his back. He knew he shouldn’t have had Ash choose the wig, for his hair was no longer a light green, but now a wavy purple. Drew looked and felt like a skank. Or worse, Harley.

“Stop fidgeting,” Ash pleaded, “I hear footsteps.”

Drew had applied make-up as best he could, and he hoped no one would notice who he really was.

“Remind me again why you’re not getting someone else to do this?” hissed Drew as Ash tightening the corset he wrapped around Drew’s chest. To Drew’s dismay and Ash’s relief, Dawn and May had an extensive collection of corsets and sundresses that Drew could wear so the corset was naturally Dawn’s.

“You know why,” whispered Ash as shoved May’s blue flip-flops onto Drew’s feet. “Tracey and Gary are at the convention with Professor Oak, Max’s too young, Dawn would rather die, and Brock doesn’t look like a girl.”

“Aren’t you forgetting May though?” grunted Drew as the corset tightening and cut off his breathing. “She would have done it for you, and she looks like a girl.”

“Yeah, but May’s upstairs with Pikachu and Misty,” retorted Ash while he tied the dress up. “Misty would have gotten suspicious, and to rile Misty up, my fake-girlfriend has to be someone who she doesn’t know.”

“There!” said Ash as he was finished with the dress. He peered at his handiwork and smacked his lips. “See, I knew you would make a perfect girl! With your pale skin and high cheekbones, it was a piece of cake.”

Ash grinned and eyed Drew in a flirtatiously mischievous manner. “If I wasn’t so head-over-heels in love with Misty, I’d actually ask you out, beautiful.”

Drew flushed red and tried to say something in protest but he heard a sound from upstairs that made him quieten down.

“Hey, Ash!” Misty sang, skipping down the stairs and emerging into the kitchen. She caught sight of the purple hair and narrowed her eyes. “Who’s this?”

“This is Ganymede,” Ash said, puffing out his chest.

“Hello, Ganymede,” said Misty, her eyes becoming tiny slits.

Drew didn’t dare turn around; he just nodded and said, “Hi” in a strangely high pitched voice.

“What’s she doing here?” Misty asked Ash, her voice itching with anger.

Ash shrugged, “Why does it matter?”

Misty opened her mouth, before closing it again. She hissed angrily, before turning around and stomping away.

“It worked!” Ash said excitedly. “She bought it!”

Drew sighed, “Ash you are such an idiot. Why can’t you just tell her?”

“I told you,” Ash said, “Misty’s mind doesn’t work like that.”

Drew rolled his eyes, “Okay, she’s jealous. Can I get out of this skin tight dress now?”

Ash sighed, “I suppose.”

Drew stood up in relief when he felt a hand roughly shove him back down.

“Do you see what I see?” Ash hissed, his hands shaking with fury.

Drew looked up to see Misty holding hands with a slender boy, a smug look on her face. The boy was willowy and graceful, with long lashes and milkdrop-white skin. Tufts of brown hair clumped out under a white fisherman’s hat and the boy looked oddly feminine and pretty. The boy looked flustered for some reason though, his cheeks tinted pink.

“Who is that?” Ash growled, his face red with anger.

“Why does it matter?” Misty asked in a falsely sweet voice.

Ash clenched his fists together as Misty stalked away, the hat-tooting, pretty boy in tow.

“Plan backfired, eh?” Drew laughed, beginning to walk towards the stairs.

“Drew!” Ash said, standing up and grabbing his friend by the shoulders. “Please. You have to stay a woman for a little longer.”

Drew shook his head, “Like I said; you are ridiculous.”

Ash shook Drew, “Please, Drew! Just long enough until I find out who that boy is, and where he’s from.”

“Ash, my hair is long, this dress is itchy, and I’m wearing MAKE-UP. I have no idea how you talked me into this, but it’s not going to go on any longer,” Drew said firmly, untangling himself from Ash’s firm grip.

Drew began walking up the stairs before he caught a glimpse of the boy that was with Misty. He veered off and scurried towards him. “Um…hello?”

The boy swung around, and it was then that they both almost fell over in shock. “Drew?”

It was May. “W-what…?” Drew began.

“Why are you in my dress?” May looked like she wanted to laugh.

Drew shrugged, before his eyes widened. “Why are you in my shirt...a-and pants?”

May was clad in Drew’s plaid button up shirt, and she had her hair pulled up and put under a hat. She was wearing pants that were far too long and big for her, and yet, Drew couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she was.

“Oh, I um…” She broke off, “Ash made you, didn’t he?” Drew nodded and she continued, “Thought so. Misty made me, too.”

“Where’s Waterflower now?”

“Probably brewing up another way to get back at Ash,” May said, grabbing him by the elbow and pulling him into a corner, “Drew. They’re never going to get together on their own. Ash’s too daft and Misty’s too shy.”

“What are you sayin- ”

May pulled Drew’s elbow harder, dragging him to the first step.

“We have to keep this quiet,” May hissed.

Drew nodded, “What do you suggest we do?”

“Well…” May looked thoughtful, “I think we should pretend to get together. It would confuse them, because Misty would think I’m with another girl, and Ash would think you’re with another boy…”

“Then they’d blow their cover,” Drew said, “And be bound to tell each other their feelings.”

“Hopefully,” said May, “But it’s the best plan we’ve got.”

“There you are, erm, Ganymede!” Ash exclaimed, jogging over to them.

“Quick, Drew!” May said under her breath, “Kiss me!”

“What!” Drew could feel his heart thumping loudly, and suddenly a large lump rose in his throat.

May grabbed his head and brought his lips onto hers. Drew blanked, it was the most wonderful feeling, and soon natural instincts took over and he wrapped his arms around her waist. Why hadn't he done this earlier? This kiss was speaking for themselves; how they missed each other, how they needed each other…

“DREW ANDREWS WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT BOY?! ARE YOU GAY OR SOMETHING?!”

Drew pulled back as if stung, but the tingling sensation of her lips on his was still there as strong as ever. “Oh… I um…”

“ASH, WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!” Misty shrieked, sprinting down the stairs to find Ash looking at the two holding hands in horror.

“YOU’RE SCREAMING, TOO!” Ash shouted.

“THAT’S BECAUSE YOU ARE!” Misty countered, before she suddenly broke off and her eyes widened, “May? Were you just kissing Ganymede?”

“Wait…” Ash began, “That’s May?”

Misty blushed but looked determined, “Ash, you are ridiculous. None of this would have happened if you hadn’t brought that…THING here.”

“Excuse me?” Drew asked, somewhat hurt.

“I’m ridiculous?” Ash cried, “You were the one who dressed up one of my friends to look like a MAN!”

“Well…” Misty blushed even more, before she turned to Drew, “Who are you?”

“It’s me, Misty.” Drew said, readjusting that hideous purple wig that he had kept on. He wondered faintly how the Harley-wig didn’t give him away, “Drew, your coordinator friend.”

“YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!” Misty cried to Ash, placing her hands on her hips, “I cannot believe you!”

“Well I…” It was now Ash’s turn to blush, “I had to figure out a way to…well…you know…”

“No I don’t,” Misty said briskly, “Explain.”

“I had to make you jealous,” Ash said quietly.

“WHY?!” She yelled,

“Because…BECAUSE I LIKE YOU!” He was panting, his face red, but his figure firm.

“Y-you…what?” Misty mumbled.

“Misty, you are ridiculous,” Ash said, smiling slightly, “If you hadn’t figured that out by now then I have no idea why they call you the ‘smartest of the Sensational Sisters.’”

Misty wrung her hands together, “Oh, Ash…I can’t believe you finally admitted it. I mean…I always thought you’d be the daft boy who ignores his feelings and-”

Ash narrowed his eyes.

“Thanks,” he said sourly.

“Oh stuff it!” Misty giggled, “I like you too, Ash!”

“Oh...Cute!” said Drew sarcastically, “It took them four years of knowing each other and now they finally admitted it.”

“Sod off,” Ash growled.

Drew and May laughed, “Well, we’ll see you love birds later…our work here is done…”

Drew and May glanced at each other. It was rather awkward, for it looked like they were looking at the same sex that they were. Drew grinned as May threw off his horrible purple wig, and then took out a handkerchief to clean off the make-up.

They walked up the stairs, and when they finally reached the top they began laughing uproariously.

“Did…you see…how red…they were?” Drew howled.

“I saw how red you were,” May said quietly, and Drew could feel himself go red again.

“What are you talking about?”

“Please, Drew,” May said, “I…I know what you are trying to do. You’re trying to go back to Johto without me, aren’t you?”

Drew’s brows furrowed. “May…we’ve been over this. It’d be best for us if we separate and go our different ways. That way I wouldn’t be holding you down, and you can actually win a Grand Festival for once.”

May stomped her foot, “Drew! You are ridiculous. I can see right through you. This is the first time in weeks I’ve seen you truly smile. I know what you’re planning at but that’s in the future. You’d never hold me down and I – I – Argh, please… just hold me.”

Drew bit the inside of his cheek; May never ceased to amaze him. Drew reached forward, ignoring the fact that he was in her clothes and she in his, and took her hat off. Her hair fell about her shoulders and she smiled, her cheeks glowing.

--

Meanwhile, out in the garden, Ash and Misty were seated a fair distance away from each other, watching their Pokemon squeal and frolic in the paddock. Finally Ash turned to her, figuring since they both liked each other, he should say a compliment.

“So…” Ash began awkwardly, “I like your hair…it’s very…orange…”

Misty rolled her eyes and tore her eyes away from Staryu and Pikachu, “Ash. This is awkward, and I don’t want it to be.”

He nodded, “Well I…it’s just…you know…”

She poked Ash’s nose with her finger, “Ash, I like you, but if us being together is going to ruin our friendship…”

“You know what could break the ice?” Ash asked, but the tips of his ears were red.

“Hmm?”

“A…well…a kiss.” He kept his eyes down, and pretended to be studying his shoes very intently.

“Ash,” Misty said softly, “I’m scared about what’s going to happen to us; you’ll probably go to some another region and I’d have to return to Cerulean. We don’t know what’s going to happen to our relationship and…I want to live life to its fullest.”

“Little Misty’s going to step outside the box?” Ash said tauntingly.

She smacked his arm. “Well…I would like to kiss you, too.”

He stared into her eyes and they scooted towards each other until finally their noses were almost touching. Misty bit her lip and they leaned in at the same time.

Ash suddenly felt extremely light; he had been waiting for this for so long, and he couldn’t believe it was finally happening.

When they broke apart all Misty could mumble was, “Wow.”

The dark-haired boy before her grinned, “That did break the ice, because now…I’m not afraid to tell you that... that was amazing and I want to do it again!”

Misty laughed. “You are ridiculous.”

“Same to you,” Ash said, already leaning towards her again, “But that’s one of the reasons I fell for you. That and your hair…”

The End?
    Last edited by Angelique; 7th July 2008 at 5:36 AM.

Click on the banners for links to the Shipping Oscars 2008/09 winning "Invisible", a Contestshipping AU

And let's see what my second OneShot of the day has to offer

Quote Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
    “Love itself is blind, irrevocable, and ridiculous” - Stephanie Meyer
    True, that's why I named one of my oneshots : "Blind" ^^'
    And you named this one "Ridiculous" xD

Drew rolled his eyes behind his Coordinating Encyclopedia and sighed, “What’s the matter?”
    First off, this is nonesense...Drew is the Coordinating Encyclopedia lol Especially if this is set after Sinnoh...

plus Ash had learnt it the hard way that Daisy Waterflower had bad habit of snooping on Misty’s letters.
    learned

Ash had only just come to terms that he liked Misty (he still couldn’t quite fathom that concept) and only because he found himself following her every footstep and memorizing every single one of her mannerisms when quite obviously he wasn’t a stalker.
    Don't do that.
    Avoid brackets...put commas instead !
    Example :
    "Ash had only just come to terms that he liked Misty, yet he still couldn’t quite fathom the concept of it, [...]"

Drew slowly set his book back down. It was getting rather tiring hearing Ash and Misty bicker all the time, especially when they both had feelings for each other. Both Ash and Misty wanted to help him when Team Rocket “accidentally” stole Roserade’s Pokeball. That ordeal was tumultuous for Drew and it could have been worse if the bickering couple (along with May) didn’t help him like they did. Drew owed them one.
    I, er, just noticed this, but...if this is after Sinnoh :
    1) Where are Brock and Dawn ?
    2) Why is Drew here and not in Johto, as well as May ?
    3) Why is Misty here and not at the gym ? o_O

That's a lot of points that make it confusing...even though they returned to Pallet : why would some be there, and others not ?

“C’mon Drew, all you have to do is dress like a girl and act like one. Then Misty will get jealous.”

Drew ran a hand through his untamed hair, “You are ridiculous, you know that?”
    Truly an idiot...
    This will be good

Ash grinned and eyed Drew in a flirtatiously mischievous manner. “If I wasn’t so head-over-heels in love with Misty, I’d actually ask you out, beautiful.”

Drew flushed red and tried to say something in protest but he heard a sound from upstairs that made him quieten down.
    RESPECTSHIPPING !!! XD
    You should have added this to the title of the thread, since this is prime shipping example form Ash's side
    He wanted Drew to wear a dress ^^'

“Who is that?” Ash growled, his face red with anger.

“Why does it matter?” Misty asked in a falsely sweet voice.

Ash clenched his fists together as Misty stalked away, the hat-tooting, pretty boy in tow.
    Of course
    The same plan !

May grabbed his head and brought his lips onto hers. Drew blanked, it was the most wonderful feeling, and soon natural instincts took over and he wrapped his arms around her waist. Why hadn't he done this earlier? This kiss was speaking for themselves; how they missed each other, how they needed each other…

“DREW ANDREWS WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT BOY?! ARE YOU GAY OR SOMETHING?!”
    This is precious stuff

“Did…you see…how red…they were?” Drew howled.

“I saw how red you were,” May said quietly, and Drew could feel himself go red again.

“What are you talking about?”

“Please, Drew,” May said, “I…I know what you are trying to do. You’re trying to go back to Johto without me, aren’t you?”

Drew’s brows furrowed. “May…we’ve been over this. It’d be best for us if we separate and go our different ways. That way I wouldn’t be holding you down, and you can actually win a Grand Festival for once.”

May stomped her foot, “Drew! You are ridiculous. I can see right through you. This is the first time in weeks I’ve seen you truly smile. I know what you’re planning at but that’s in the future. You’d never hold me down and I – I – Argh, please… just hold me.”

Drew bit the inside of his cheek; May never ceased to amaze him. Drew reached forward, ignoring the fact that he was in her clothes and she in his, and took her hat off. Her hair fell about her shoulders and she smiled, her cheeks glowing.
    Ah, so that's it, well, that explains the May and Drew part...but still no Brock and Dawn

Misty laughed. “You are ridiculous.”

“Same to you,” Ash said, already leaning towards her again, “But that’s one of the reasons I fell for you. That and your hair…”
    Awww...that's sweet ^^

Nice piece of fluff here xD
    Humourous, but still nice You could have described more : where they are, how it looks, how they feel, it was a bit shallow.

Otherwise, nice work ! 4 stars
    Last edited by shadow_shipper; 7th July 2008 at 5:46 PM.
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

B]shadow_shipper:[/B] Drew may know tonnes about coordinating but he isn't the encyclopedia. If he was, he would have won against May that time back then. And I thought I used those brackets right. If I did it in commas, the sentence would have been too long. ^^;;

And answering these:

1) Where are Brock and Dawn ? Forgot to mention that - they've gone to help Mrs Ketchum shopping. I should have mentioned it.
    2) Why is Drew here and not in Johto, as well as May ? Well, everytime Ash finishes a region's League, Ash and his old friends meet up again at Palllet Town before he runs off to the next one. May and Max would obviously be there and Drew. Well, let's just say May forced him into coming. XD
    3) Why is Misty here and not at the gym ? o_O Same reason as above.

Gary, Tracey and Max are at a convention with Professor Oak at the Pewter Musuem (Max and Gary insisted they go as soon as Oak mentioned it in front of the reunited Ash and former/current Company), and Dawn and Brock are helping Mrs Ketchum grocery shopping.

And with the Respectshipping thing, well, it was more of a playful joke on my side and on Ash's side too. Although you could interpret it that way. XP

Anyway, thanks for reviewing, Shadow. I really appreciate it since I have no other reviews currently. T.T

May you and your ships prosper and prosper! XD

Click on the banners for links to the Shipping Oscars 2008/09 winning "Invisible", a Contestshipping AU

This fic really is funny. XP I mean, the Harley-wig thing, all the cross-dressing involved and the repetition on the word "Ridiculous" - all adds up to some great comedic fluff. XD

The best part is the characters are mostly IC, which is actually unusual for a lot of Ash-POV Pokeshipping fics these days. XP Anyway, good job and continue writing, won't you?

He he absolutley hilarious. I love it, very much in character. BVrock and Dawn went shoping with Delia, no suprise at all.

The crossdressing part was hilarious and I love the respectshipping hints along the way. The plot is good and the grammar structure is as well.

Here are some of my fav parts

Meanwhile, out in the garden, Ash and Misty were seated a fair distance away from each other, watching their Pokemon squeal and frolic in the paddock. Finally Ash turned to her, figuring since they both liked each other, he should say a compliment.

“So…” Ash began awkwardly, “I like your hair…it’s very…orange…”

Misty rolled her eyes and tore her eyes away from Staryu and Pikachu, “Ash. This is awkward, and I don’t want it to be.”

He nodded, “Well I…it’s just…you know…”

She poked Ash’s nose with her finger, “Ash, I like you, but if us being together is going to ruin our friendship…”

“You know what could break the ice?” Ash asked, but the tips of his ears were red.

“Hmm?”
    Misty wrung her hands together, “Oh, Ash…I can’t believe you finally admitted it. I mean…I always thought you’d be the daft boy who ignores his feelings and-”

Ash narrowed his eyes.

“Thanks,” he said sourly.

“Oh stuff it!” Misty giggled, “I like you too, Ash!”

“Oh...Cute!” said Drew sarcastically, “It took them four years of knowing each other and now they finally admitted it.”

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Even though I'm not much of a Poke/Contestshipper, I have to hand it to you, you really carried it off very well. Very cute, very funny, and quite different from the other mainstream 'ship fanfictions out there. And, like the other reviewers noted, everyone was very much in character, and they were actually the age they are on the show, which is something that's rare. And I love the Ash/Drew flirtation, even if it's just a little joke x3.
    Anyhow, thanks for writing an enjoyable fic AND using good grammar and vocabulary (really, you don't know much I appreciate that xD').
    {New icon currently under construction C:}
    You can call me Liberty4Pokemon, Liberty, or Libby (my given name), whatever floats your boat! =)

Proud Namer of/Supporter of OutofSpiteShipping | Ditto on ShootsDownShipping :-*
    ^Glitter/Twinleafshipping, yuri-licious oneshot | ^ShootsDown/Penguni/AppealShipping serial <33
    Claims: Shinji/Kengo; Nozomi/Kengo; Kasumi/Hikari; Sakaki/Kaorin {AzuDai} (couples)||Gwen Stefani (celebrity)
    Nozomi is my bishie =3

Celine_Dion: Aw, thanks! And yeah, Ash is hard to work with in a lot of shipping fics since he's pretty, well, dense in terms of romance but there are ways to work around his denseness to both accomplish the romance and ship desired and keep him IC. I just wish there were more Ash POV fics which are IC and/or depicting him as the age he is depicted as on the show. D:

C.Gholy: Well, I know I should have mentioned that Brock and Dawn had gone shopping with Mrs Ketchum but I thought it might be funnier for Ash to state Dawn prefering to die and Brock being too ugly for the reasons why they are not available to pretend to be Ash's girlfriend. XP I'm not really fond of the Pokemon anime because it's kinda cheesy and all but I like the fandom and plus the Pokemon ships, anime and otherwise, are fun and great to play with. XD

Liberty4Pokemon: If it helps, I'm not really that much of a Poke/Contestshipper either since I'm not too fond of the Anime but I suppose Pokeshipping and Contestshipping are the two ships I would most likely use in fanfic or say I suppose since I think they're more "canon" and mainstream than a lot of other ships floating around in Pokemon. Not that Pokemon has many canon ships to begin with: it is a kid's anime so the only canon couple I can think of is Butler x Diane. XP Anyway, thanks for the review, and I'm not that flashy in grammar. Some people actually said grammar is my main downfall. ^^;;

I couldn't stop laughing, it was so funny!
    I really liked this, and I usually don't like one-shots.

CONTESTSHIPPING IS THE BEST!!!
    MAY & DREW FOREVER
    I'm a total Twilight Saga fan,too.
    Picture credit:
    Nishi06
    DeviantART
    Link: http://nishi06.deviantart.com/art/po...194?moodonly=1