Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arriving In Style! (554)

Default Arriving In Style! (554)

Hearthome Collection! Road To Becoming A Pokémon Stylist!

Back in Hearthome City, Ash discovers that the gym is closed again. Disappointed, the gang soon find out about a Pokémon Styling contest. Everyone is eager to join in, including Team Rocket. However, as there can only be one victor and both the trainer and the Pokémon have to take part, it could be tricky. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I've watched the ep, Dawn wins 1st place because Buneary does an Ice beam appeal.

LOL, why is it every time Ice beam is used for an appeal, it always impresses the judges?

When people were saying about how ice appeals = instant win, they honestly weren't kidding.

Dawn? >: Wins? D: Again? D< Okay. Good for her. >> I wanted Ash to win.

THE END.

As far as I know the only prize she got was a tiara for her to wear with her dress. I don't understand Japanese so I don't know if anything else was said.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    As far as I know the only prize she got was a tiara for her to wear with her dress. I don't understand Japanese so I don't know if anything else was said.
    That's probably the only price or else they had showed us Well now i don't care Satoshi came 2nd 'cause what the hell should he do with a crown? and Hikari deserved it she looked awesome!

This episode was pretty random, containing some very bizarre expressions and some very quirky characters. It'd help if I understood anything that was going on.

Oh. I have a question. Who was that lady with a black shirt, and, like, an ugly face? D:

THE END.

She appeared to be a judge or something. She appeared first as a rather hostile character but then for some reason unbeknownst to me she warmed up to Dawn.

There was so much inter-character stuff going on, there was a bit with James talking to Brock in the crowd, I'd like to know what was happening there.

It looks like not many people are talking about this episode yet...never thought I'd see the day. I hope she continues to use the blue dress in actual contests.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

It looks like not many people are talking about this episode yet...never thought I'd see the day. I hope she continues to use the blue dress in actual contests.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Finally Buneary wins something. It may not be an official contest but the cute thing needed an episode for her and she got it.

Hearthome Gym must have gotten an overhaul since its last appearance, since it no longer has the giant Drifblim atop it. I honestly wouldn't mind if the MC from the Tag Battle was reused for all these types of tournaments. Also, the lady with the Arcanine reminded me of the rich Snubbull lady from Johto. And Dawn still sucks with appeals, even when she wins. Hopefully this tiara won't be forgotten and she'll actually wear it for contests.

Nowhere near as brilliant as the cosplay contest, but then again, every single reference may very well have flown over my head. Perhaps the highlight was James' outburst with Brock (helped by some over-the-top animation). Also, having a pseudo-contest in Hearthome while featuring a flashy trainer with a Mismagius was almost a slap in the face, given Fantina's flashiness, coordinator status, and having a Mismagius as her star Pokemon. That said, Piplup got a concussion. That has to merit some good.

Anyone think the artsy freeze frames were a little overused in this episode? Also, was that Movie 10 music at the very beginning? Or am I thinking of some other piece of BGM?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This episode was another good one, Hikari won with Buneary and ice beam, she then recieved a pretty tiara which happened to match her dress perfectly.Satoshi and pikachu dressed up caveman style, pikachu had a some sort of bongo on his back which he played with his "iron" tail then proceeded to use thunderbolt as usual.
    Shame really i wanted Satoshi to win so badly, oh well.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Anyone think the artsy freeze frames were a little overused in this episode? Also, was that Movie 10 music at the very beginning? Or am I thinking of some other piece of BGM?
    It's usually like a year or so after the movie comes out that they begin to use last year's movie BGM (for example I think July's Mismagius episode last year was the first to have Movie 9 music), so maybe.

Excellent episode, I actually liked it a whole lot.

It WAS a contest episode...in a way. It's like the appeal round for the official Contests, except the Pokemon gets to dress-up also and there are only just two judges. It was quite a disappointment though that there wasn't a lot of appeal screentime and all they showed was just a scene of the trainer and Pokemon. Anyways, Brock and James sitting next to each other was really a surprise. Ash's costume was funny but had a unique appeal with Pikachu. Dawn looks great in that new dress and Buneary did a great performance so I'm glad she was able to win over that other competitor. The tiara looks great on her and Buneary. I wonder if it will be used again later?

As a final note, I thought the last scene with Buneary, Pikachu, and Piplup was awesome. Funny to see.

It's usually like a year or so after the movie comes out that they begin to use last year's movie BGM (for example I think July's Mismagius episode last year was the first to have Movie 9 music), so maybe.

Excellent episode, I actually liked it a whole lot.

It WAS a contest episode...in a way. It's like the appeal round for the official Contests, except the Pokemon gets to dress-up also and there are only just two judges. It was quite a disappointment though that there wasn't a lot of appeal screentime and all they showed was just a scene of the trainer and Pokemon. Anyways, Brock and James sitting next to each other was really a surprise. Ash's costume was funny but had a unique appeal with Pikachu. Dawn looks great in that new dress and Buneary did a great performance so I'm glad she was able to win over that other competitor. The tiara looks great on her and Buneary. I wonder if it will be used again later?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaasuti View Post
    This episode was another good one, Hikari won with Buneary and ice beam, she then recieved a pretty tiara which happened to match her dress perfectly.Satoshi and pikachu dressed up caveman style, pikachu had a some sort of bongo on his back which he played with his "iron" tail then proceeded to use thunderbolt as usual.
    Shame really i wanted Satoshi to win so badly, oh well.
    That would of been funny to see Ash get a tiara.

Huh, so there wasn't a ribbon in this contest...lame.

Meh, at least Dawn won something in Hearthrome.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

lol someone at youtube is actually complaining about dawn winning this and says it's unfair to May.

How I don't know cause it doesn't seem that way.

Dawn's new dress is kinda cute, hope she keeps it for later, though i do gotta say it's kinda unfair her skit won and the woman with mismagius didn't win after what she did, but at least each of the main three earned a win in a "side-competition."

I thought the girl with the Lopunny was going to compete too, I didn't know why she was a judge instead.

Overall it is kinda a pointless ep since it wasn't a real Contest or anything, and no battles either, just three appeals and the usual TR attacking everyone.

At least Buneary got some decent screentime but man I'm really sick of ice appeals. I hope Swinub doesn't do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I thought the girl with the Lopunny was going to compete too, I didn't know why she was a judge instead.
    i think it was because she was last year's winner and I guess you can't win twice in a row or something.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Okay, here are my three favorite moment.

1. Pikachu being embarrassed, that was just plain adorable!
    2. Brock and James talking. Though I wish I could have understand. It sounded like maybe Brock was complimenting Jessie. Not sure.
    3. And finally my absolute, number one. favorite moment has to be when Piplup went to give Buneary a hug but she went for Pikachu!!! =D

I felt dissappointed that Mimilop/Lopunny didn't get enough screentime as I thought in the previews, just like Shinx was underused in the Pocketch episode. Hopefully a future episode with fix that. But she sure sounded cute when Buneary said hi to her, not to mention their Jump Kick attack that sent TR flying for the umpteenth-thousand time.

With that said, this episode was pretty interesting. I guess Dawn won because perhaps Buneary's style was simple and beautiful instead of glittery-flashy like Ms. Prissy McBlonde ad her Mismagus (Sorry, had to call her that). And I was glad the blonde lost after the way she snapped at Buneary at the beginning. Maybe it was because possibly getting too close to her dress, or maybe just being annoyed at first glance. I hate those type of girls!

It was hilarious to see Piplup job (being easily defeated) trying to save/help (?) Buneary and later fall after trying congratulate her, but instead she hugged Pikachu as per usual.

Speaking of mice, I'm surprised Ash and Pikachu were one of the three finalist. But like I said, it may be simple style instead of flashy flare.

I think, after checking comments on Youtube, I would agree that both Ash and Dawn managed to have their pokemon as the main attraction as Zoey stated for Dawn.
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 11th July 2008 at 5:47 PM.

i wasnt too impressed by the preview last week but this episode surprised me i was laughing a whole lot lol

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast