Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arriving In Style! (554)

^Yeah, that was my first time hearing the name Hermione since Harry Potter... haha

But actually, this episode was pretty amusing.

Ash's outfit made me crack up, though it was a bit disturbing...
    And wtf was with all the dramatic still shots in this episode? Like everytime Coco appeared on screen it was like *insert still with dramatic shading*.
    Though, honestly, while it was a good self-esteem booster for Dawn, her appeal wasn't all that spectacular. I know she was trying to keep it simple but... I dunno, it just didn't look all that great to me.

Also...
    JamesxBrock FTW! *shot*

d00med n0w

I didn't like this episode very much.
    Ash and Pikachu's costumes were weird, but funny. I also liked the part were James was acting grumpy during the motto.
    6/10

Did Paris from the original said 'Tres Bein'?
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 20th December 2008 at 8:47 PM.

I though she was speaking in French say those words. So emphasis on "Paris", her name towards the capital of France.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I really thought Pikachu was really big in this episode when compared to Satoshi. But anyway,

-Team Rocket has some pretty cool BGM when they first come on.
    -Lady has a "rich Cali girl" voice.
    -The blue haired lady (Who I personally call her Madam) is a real eysore.
    -Satoshi's costume was pretty embarassing....
    -No wait, Team Rocket took that award from him.
    -Paris is speaking French in this episode.
    -I'm upset by the number of mecha I've been seeing lately.
    -Pochama needed to be in this episode, so why not sneek one in there?

It was an alright filler. I wasn't let down or anything so yeah.
    Naomi Tamura- Ready Go! (Pokémon)

Susume! Susume! Kimi to nana iro no niji koete Onward! Onward! Cross the 7 colors of the rainbow with me.
    Ready go! Motto touku! Ready go! Even farther!
    Kumo wo tsuki nuke sora e ta Go through the clouds to the sky!

I actually liked this episode. I thought the interaction between James and Brock was interesting. Poor James, though. He goes to all that work on those accessories (which I thought were pretty cool), only to have Jessie ruin everything with her crackpot makeup job. Dawn and Buneary looked really good though, and Buneary's routine was better than any of her Contest appeals. Ash looked...ugh, well, all I'll say is that he definitely deserved the "most unique" award.

BTW, did anyone else here think that Hermione looked like Edna Mode from The Incredibles? That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her.

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    I actually liked this episode. I thought the interaction between James and Brock was interesting. Poor James, though. He goes to all that work on those accessories (which I thought were pretty cool), only to have Jessie ruin everything with her crackpot makeup job. Dawn and Buneary looked really good though, and Buneary's routine was better than any of her Contest appeals. Ash looked...ugh, well, all I'll say is that he definitely deserved the "most unique" award.

BTW, did anyone else here think that Hermione looked like Edna Mode from The Incredibles? That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her.
    I thought that she looked like Edna a lot but there are are going to be some people here that might say that she looked like Blaustein. But I think that Edna is the character that she was created to look like.
    Naomi Tamura- Ready Go! (Pokémon)

Susume! Susume! Kimi to nana iro no niji koete Onward! Onward! Cross the 7 colors of the rainbow with me.
    Ready go! Motto touku! Ready go! Even farther!
    Kumo wo tsuki nuke sora e ta Go through the clouds to the sky!

The episode was really cute!

My favorite part was when James sees Jessie (or Jessalina) and Wobbuffet in all that makeup and ruining his little "simplicity" plan for them.

"It looks like they tried to kiss a make-up truck!"

Also Cocoa seems to be named after Coco Chanel if anyone did not figure that out already. I had a feeling that was gonna be the dub name for her.
    6 Years Past...

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I though she was speaking in French say those words. So emphasis on "Paris", her name towards the capital of France.
    At least she wasn't portrayed like Paris Hilton.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode was okay, all the characters were pretty interesting. I loved the interaction
    between Brock and James. I didn't really like the whole stylist thing, I'm not into girly things. Contests are at least pleasing to the eye but this was just girl stuff IMO.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

The overall episode was really good, except for the Ash's (Jungle boy's) embarassing "costume". They could've made it unique through any other means. I didn't like it, for it is a kids' show, and my 9 years old sister was sitting right next to me. My sister really liked Dawn's costume. At the end she said to me that, "if you wanna win the master rank contest in the game, make it simple." but I replied that it doesn't work that way in the games. See, the anime really influence the kids' way of thinking.

EDIT: I always knew that Brock and James have similiar way of thinking, and this episode confirmed it
    Last edited by chimkong; 21st December 2008 at 3:39 PM.

Ash's costume truly was weird, but I've seen similar clothes like what Tarzan wears.

This episode was ok; not really the best one I’ve seen. It always seems Ash has so much difficulty to get a gym battle. So many characters in this episode are the ones I can’t stand; snotty, stuck-ups. I also like how Ash and Dawn get introduced and not the others. Thought James’ reaction to Jessie’s makeup was hilarious. Also, I find it strange that Ash & co still hasn’t known that Jesselina is really Jessie despite her having used the same costume a billion times. Kinda like how Paris always seems to be saying ‘tambien’ (Spanish for ‘also’). Liked James’ part of the changed motto. Coco REALLY annoyed me. So glad she lost.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This episode might've been another Girls-can-relate episode. Dawn, Paris, Coco, and Harminey could've all been similar to how girls are in Fashion shows and pageants.

Every time I see a DP BD episode, I always have multiple things to say about them, they're still doing a good job on the episodes. All in an orderly good fashion.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quite enjoyed this episode for a filler and I liked the character of Paris although Cocoa annoyed me slightly. Glad that Dawn won though wouldnt have been able to stand it if Cocoa won
    Shame that Ash couldnt get his gym battle as well although im sure he nwill get it ^_^

An awesome, no, a great episode! Amazing entertainment for in between times!

There have been three highlights today, so let's get started:

When I first saw Ash on a preview picture wearing that skirt, I thought: "OMG, can that really be Ash??" and I had to look twice.
    But having seen him again today in his "outlandish" outfit, I have to say that this scene was definitely today's funniest moment. Just hilarious!
    And I really liked how Pikachu was performing with the drum on his back. Great work, Ash AND Brock, you really deserve the award for uniqueness!

The second highlight was James(and Brock). Both of them sitting together, praising each other's work, and behaving like good old friends and fashion experts was a entirely new and surprising aspect. My second "OMG- experience" today was when both guys were finally hugging each other! Priceless!
    All their lines, especially James' ones were unique and it was good fun to listen to them.

Last but not least, Dawn:
    Folks, I've already thought for quite some time that Dawn is the most beautiful girl of all of Ash's female companions, (Misty < May < Dawn when it comes both to beauty AND skill!) but her appearance today really knocked may socks off!
    Dawn simply was GORGEOUS in her white skirt! I hope Cynthia,the almost perfect girl in the Anime, won't become jealous now, but I can't help admitting that Dawn looked breath-taking today.
    But not only did see look great, her perfomance was also awesome, so it's just natural that she's the legitimate winner.

To finish my review: It was really a pleasure to watch this episode. Creative new ideas, combined with a gorgeous-looking Dawn and a funny Ash.

7 out of 10 points!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I fail to see what everyone loves about this episode. I thought it was rather boring. Sure there were good parts, but as a whole not that great.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I fail to see what everyone loves about this episode. I thought it was rather boring. Sure there were good parts, but as a whole not that great.
    But Dawn was the spotlight today and she annihilated that Cocoa *****. (daydreams)

While I did like this episode, I did spy a mistake. Buneary's feet were changed after it was touching Cocoa's Dress.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    But Dawn was the spotlight today and she annihilated that Cocoa *****. (daydreams)
    She's the spotlight often and beating Cocoa doesn't make the episode great.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    At least she wasn't portrayed like Paris Hilton.
    Thank goodness for that.

I guess my only complaint is that Lopunny didn't get much to do in this episode. I don't know why, but I always liked Lopunny a little more than Buneary.

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    Kinda like how Paris always seems to be saying ‘tambien’ (Spanish for ‘also’).
    Uh, no. Think about it. Her name is Paris. Paris is the capital of France. In France, they speak French. She was saying "tres bien", French for "very good".

I didn't realize why she was using French so much at first either.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked this episode as well. i hated ash's outfit, first off, what was he thinking? i liked that other girl, who had a mismagius, there should always be a character like that in there rivals. ames i found was pretty cool, even though the accesories were not ood and all, i liked his job on the motto. this episode showed how you can become a trainer, coordinator, or stylist, as a career.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Well, I hope this means that Fantina will have an accent int he dub then.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Why wouldn't she? I'd like to see Fantina with an accent.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast