Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Okay, checked on the Johto starters and I have the Totodile line completely done. So I'll put Meganium and Typhlosion on the request list. As for the three beasts, how about for September 12 for the release? I missed Platinum's release.

Legion of couch potatoes, huh? A combo of Giratina, Snorlax, and Slaking comes to mind.

In Process: Vulpix/Houndour
    On Deck: Flygon, Kricketot/Kricketune, Kingdra, Meganium/Typhlosion
    Reserve: Raikou/Suicune/Entei (9/12)

SNEASEL

Winter was a harsh time, even for Ice Pokemon. A Sneasel hid under a pine tree, resting before she would move on again in her search for food. Her body was well-equipped to handle the cold, with a lower than usual body temperature, slick black fur that resisted forming ice, and clawed hands built to handle clearing snow and ice. However, the Pokemon suitable for prey were wary, hiding in hibernation or keeping low and unnoticed.

As the forest darkened, she left the shelter and headed back out into the powdery snow again. The whiteness forced her into jumping from tree to tree, to hide her dark form. The leafless branches caused erratic shadows; skill kept her hidden. All it took to stop her, though, was a faint crack in a branch above her. The Sneasel drew in closer to the rough bark of the oak.

A short shower of a snow clump was all that happened. Not willing to risk it being another predator creeping about, she sniffed the air around her. Warm-blood, another female, a faint sweaty tang that indicated a Fight Pokemon but with a touch of strong aura like a Psychic... Medicham. It wouldn’t eat her, but it might fight and injure her.

It would be best to ignore the Medicham, but an extra scent caught her attention. Eggs. She loved eggs as her favorite food. At this time of year, they were hard to come by. Would it be worth tussling with the Medicham for? The Sneasel moved around the tree, then leapt to another to follow the scent.

As she came in sight of the nest, another scent caused her extra caution. A male Medicham was coming from the opposite direction. The Sneasel scuttled along a branch and hunkered down. To blend in better, she adjusted her thin tails to look like small branches and held as still as she could. She watched as the male came into the clearing.

A tree had fallen in a previous season; it lay ice-encrusted as it deteriorated by its trunk. However, it was not in the position it had fallen in. The Medicham pair seemed to have moved it to better secure their nest. The female gave him a friendly greeting. After responding in kind, the male embraced her and nuzzled his head against her neck for a moment. Then he told her something; the Sneasel couldn’t tell what exactly he was saying, but he pointed off into the woods. He was probably giving her a report of some kind. With that settled, the female left the clearing to search the woods herself.

So there was a pair here. That made things more difficult for the Sneasel. If she got caught, the male guarding the nest could easily call back the female. While she might be able to take on one of the Medicham, both would cause her trouble. It would be easier to find some other meal for today.

But it seemed like forever since the last time she’d had an egg. The scent of the nest enticed her nose, causing her to lick her lips. Due to the stump and fallen tree, she couldn’t tell how many eggs the pair had. Probably not many since it was the dead of winter. And if they didn’t have many, they would be extra cautious in protecting them.

Thinking, the Sneasel scrambled away from the clearing. The eggs were too tempting. Even if she could only get away with one, she wanted it. And if she was going for it, it would be best to make a good plan.

She went back to the path she had traveled before her rest and started sniffing around. After moving around a few trees, she found what she was looking for. A territory marking from another Sneasel, this one a male. While she traveled from place to place in the winter, the males stayed in one area, fighting other males for resources and trying to get the females to stay after winter. Whatever this one was like, he’d be useful for getting to the eggs.

After some searching, she came to a small frozen pond. The male Sneasel was there. He had carved out a hole in the ice and was trying to lure Magikarp to the surface by splashing the water lightly with his hand. The method required patience, but it was workable.

To get his attention, she jumped onto a branch loaded with snow, then dropped down onto the ground with the falling snow. He turned quickly to the sound, bringing his clawed hands in so that he was more ready for an attack. On seeing her, he relaxed and whistled a friendly greeting at her. He then waved her over, inviting her to fish with him. Or to be impressed by his fishing skills.

The female Sneasel scurried over to her peer, but refused the offer. Pointing back to where she’d come from, she informed him of the eggs that were close to his territory markings. That interested him; the male Sneasel left his fishing hole and came over with his ears pricked up. They discussed the problem of dealing with the Medicham parents for a while. Then they went into the trees to get to the clearing.

As they got closer, she noted that her partner in crime was getting antsy, sniffing about and checking the surroundings. It must be out of his territory, she figured, or in an area that he was competing for with another male. It didn’t stop him, only slowing him a slight.

At the clearing, the female Medicham was nowhere in sight. Her scent remained in traces, so she couldn’t be that far off. The male was meditating, sitting in levitation a few inches above the old stump. While they had some protection from being immediately detected, the father would be more aware like this.

The male Sneasel checked the scene out, then pointed out a few things: a nearby pine tree, a cluster of rocks, a human footpath, a hollow oak with a sizable hole in the side. Then he ran along the branch, leapt as far as he could, and landed on the Medicham’s head. He jumped onto the fallen tree and brandished his claws.

The Medicham glowered at him, then blocked his claw slash effortlessly. He went to kick the smaller Pokemon away, but the Sneasel hopped backwards and clawed his leg before going into the snow. Taking the bait, the Medicham jumped over the tree and tried to attack on the way down.

Of course he would go for the bravado method, the female Sneasel thought. The males always had to be doing something impressive. It did give her an opening to sneak down the tree and go check out the area. Following the scent, she found the nest inside the rotted stump, disguised with a large piece of bark. There were three of them, half buried in dirt. She wasn’t sure how they were keeping the eggs warm; maybe they were intentionally slowing the growth until spring.

At any rate, one of them was now hers. She snatched up the nearest one and ran off with it. She stopped by the group of rocks by the footpath, to check on the presence of the female Medicham. Nothing at first. Did she have time to go back and get a second egg? Might as well try. She scooped snow around the egg to cover the green spots, then ran back to the clearing.

The male Sneasel had thrown snow into the Medicham’s eyes, then confused him with dark energy. While the tall Pokemon stumbled around trying to find his foe, the thief went back to the stump. There was a crunch in the snow nearby. The female Sneasel tensed, then snatched the second egg. As she secured her hold on it, the female Medicham entered the clearing. She looked right to her nest and saw the real problem. She screamed in fury, causing the female Sneasel to bolt with the egg.

Giving an insane sounding battlecry, the male Sneasel launched himself right at the angry mother and slashed his claws across her face. Then he hurried after his peer, calling ahead for her to hurry up. The female Sneasel changed directions to head for the first egg she had stolen. However, she stopped in a blink, then ducked under a nearby pine.

There was a human on the footpath, a large and bulky human who wore a giant backpack and thick hiking boots. The male Sneasel joined his peer under the pine tree, watching where they had come from. Curious at the odd mound, the human gently brushed away snow from the egg. He looked over it, puzzled.

Then the female Medicham stormed into the area. Although looking for the Sneasel pair, once she saw the egg, she went right for it. The human, noticing her temper, backed off with his hands up. The mother took back her egg and went to the clearing with it. In her mind, it was better to save as many of her offspring as possible.

But once her mate’s mind had cleared from the confusion attack, they would certainly try to divine the missing egg’s location with their Psychic powers. The male Sneasel sniffed around, maybe checking for the presence of his rival. Then he waved the female to follow him.

They zig-zagged around the forest floor, holding onto the rare winter egg. The male was quite tense until they got to the trees where his markings began. After passing that invisible barrier, he acted much more playfully, jumping and flipping about in a cheerful victory celebration. Near the frozen pond, he pointed out another pine that provided good shelter.

The female set the egg down in there, then thanked him by patting his forehead. She offered to share with him. But even though he loved eggs as much as she did, he declined it. Instead, he skidded back over to his fishing spot and went back to his patient luring.

He was just showing off again, the female Sneasel knew. But he had to be strong. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have been able to get away with clawing an angry mother Medicham in the face. It might be worth her while to hang around here for the rest of winter.

Platinum entry: A smart and sneaky Pokemon. A pair may work together to steal eggs by having one lure the parents away.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Wow! That Sneasel one was great! I knew as soon as they lost the second egg that the male would give it to the female. I also liked how he went back to fishing as soon as they were done getting the egg. A great story! I hope you keep writing these for a while.
    I put the laughter in slaughter.

Oh Ysavvryl! What do I do with you? If you keep dazzling me like this, I'll soon start doing something you would not want me to do (kiddin!!)

Great entry......and see it works, doesn't it? - putting the entry in the end?

I give you 9.5/10 for this one.

ive just finished reading all up to now and these have to be the best storys ive ever read.my favorites were the manaphy one,the giratina one and the eevee one.
    could i suggest a cyndaquil,yanma and ralts one shot?
    So, I've been away quite a long while, but hey, I feel like I can change that, thanks to Pokemon Y .

Current Shiny Hunt: Chespin (241 eggs)

Completed Shiny hunts: Staryu (18 eggs)
    Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

[IMG]http://i27.*******.com/m9obo5.jpg[/IMG]
    cyndaquil,chickorita chao and totodile chao from team brushfire

great story. i say keep the entry at the end of the story, it makes it 2 times better! i didnt find any mistakes and it just a very good story.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

I'd rather have the entry at the beginning, but that's only my opinion.

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

The female set the egg down in there, then thanked him by patting his forehead.
    Classic "d'awww"-inducing moment there. <3

I love how you deviated from the usual "Sneasel are slashers, ohnoez" stereotype. Very refreshing. ^_^

Suggestion:
    But once her mate’s mind had cleared from the confusion attack,
    This makes it sound like somehow the Sneasel knows Confusion, which it doesn't unless Mother Nature hacks Pokemon too o_0. Maybe if it were reworded, it would cause some readers less confusion. /badpun
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

And thus I return from the darkness to read again! ^^

Hey, Ysavvryl, long time no thread visit. DX Sorry for my extraodinarily extended absence but my fakemon project is taking up a lot of my time and even my own fic is suffering.

Anyway, I'm back and reading, or at least I read the Giratina one anyway. I have to say that you most definitely have not lost your touch in the time I've been gone. It was fantastic, and putting the entry at the end just added another touch of ironic humour for me to rofl at. XD

I would very much like to read at least some of the other entries I've missed but I am unfortunately dilapitatingly lazy and was wondering whether you would be so kind as to fashion some sort of index so that I and future visitors to the thread can see what has already been one-shotted and what is left to suggest/write themselves and so that I can decipher where I stopped reading and start catching up. Could you do that?
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Information:
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Soon to become Inconspicuosaurus.

I would have thought Ho-oh and Lugia would be reserved for the release, but the legendary dogs are good too.

Well the three beasts were what was suggested as it was coming up. I did have some neat Ho-oh and Lugia bits in my Heart and Soul contest entry. Of course, you can't see that yet... Oh, and Labor Day is even before that. I picked Machoke; you always see that Pokemon working hard in-game.

Eep, I have stalkers and former readers! Heh. Just remember that I have every Pokemon in this thread at my disposal for protection, so you may want to think twice before doing something creepy.

@darkdragontamer: Yeah, I missed that bit of fact-checking. Maybe I'll just take out a few words... what, are slashers worse than egg-stealers?

@JammyU: Hey there! BladedScizor did an index for me a few pages back... I might try putting together my own, but it would still be messy with only general links.

Okay, here's today's story. It's one of those that I think, it's a pity these are only one-shots, cause it's an interesting bunch of ideas sprouting around. If you like it, look for it in the Idea Adoption thread.

In Process: Flygon
    On Deck: Kricketot/Kricketune, Kingdra, Meganium/Typhlosion, Cyndaquil/Yanma/Ralts
    Reserve: Machoke (9/7), Raikou/Suicune/Entei (9/12)

VULPIX and HOUNDOUR

Hello radio listeners! And welcome to this week’s broadcast of ‘The Intrepid Adventures of Indiana the Vulpix’, brought to you this week by Bug Chow, the favorite munchies of Bug Pokemon. When we last left our lone hero, Indy had set off on a quest for his missing twin sister, revealed by a mysterious Xatu to be still alive in the strange lands of Zestralia, where civilized Pokemon hardly explored. Wanting to prove himself to his famous parents, the four-tailed Vulpix set off. He had explored for days and found many treasures, but not his sister. However, his most recent adventure may prove to be his last.

Indy had spotted a marvelous treasure, a solid gold statue of Entei, six feet tall and almost as fierce as the real thing. While he stood no chance of moving the impressive statue on his own, there was a golden whisker that had fallen off which could prove the statue’s existence to those back home. He picked up the solid golden whisker, but then was stopped cold by strange howls. This is where we begin today.

It was three howls, then four, then five. Indiana knew that even he, brave as he was, was out of his league against this group. Keeping hold of his new treasure, Indy bolted into the tall grass. But then his pursuers barked out and pursued him. One was right next to him, so he turned to the left. They soon had him on both sides and Indy didn’t know what to do about his still unknown attackers.

In a last-ditch effort, he put all his energy into running faster than they, but then the adventurous Vulpix tripped over some loose stones and fell to the ground. The golden whisker fell from his grip, tumbling ahead into the dust. Growls from the grass all around him let Indy know that he was surrounded. What should he do?

To his surprise, his pursuers began talking to him. “Foolish traveler,” one said. “Take that which you have stolen and return it to its rightful owner.”

Indy had heard from everyone that there were no civilized Pokemon in Zestralia, so who were these ones speaking to him? “It had already fallen off,” he tried to say.

“Return it, now,” another one said.

“Or else the spirits of this land will curse you to a terrible fate,” a third added.

Not wanting to invoke a curse, he picked himself up and retrieved the golden whisker. Then he went back to the statue of Entei to return it to where he had found it. His pursuers walked alongside him, still unseen, occasionally barking to each other. What were they plotting against him?

When he placed the whisker back on the statue’s platform, something strange happened. The whisker began to float upwards. It twisted about, eventually finding the place it had broken off from. Once the solid gold statue was complete, it opened its eyes. Bright orange gemstones flickered like fire, then settled into a steady gaze over the grassy plains.

There was movement in the grass, and a black canine stepped into the statue’s clearing. He was a little taller than Indy, but leaner and tougher looking. Bone like structures grew out of his shoulders, back, tail, and head, while slight curls of white smoke came from his nostrils. Within seconds, there were four other of these black Pokemon around Indy, Houndours if he remembered right.

And with them was one other Pokemon. She was a Vulpix like himself, with salmon red fur and soft brown eyes. She had six lovely tails, curled at the tips the same as his four. However, she wore a macabre collar made up of white bones and she had a patch of yellow fur in the shape of a five-pointed star, just like him.

“You,” he said, astounded and excited all at once. “You’re my missing twin sister! I’ve been looking for you.”

“My brother?” she asked, in a voice that sounded much like Indy’s mother. “But I am with my family, here. And you will be punished for taking a part of our holy statue.”

“S-sorry! I didn’t know that intelligent Pokemon lived here in Zestralia, so I thought it was just by itself...”

Then one of the Houndour spoke up. “That is not true. We live here. And while you should be punished, the statue repaired itself after you touched the broken whisker. It has been that way for many generations.’

Indiana twitched his ears up, looking puzzled at them. “So why didn’t you fix it?”

“We were not the ones who made it.”

Another Houndour explained, “There are two other statues like this one in this land. They say that at the point where the gazes of the three beasts meet, there is an ancient tower with a powerful treasure inside. While some of us have seen inside the tower, only the best of explorers can make it to the top.”

“I could probably do it,” Indiana boasted. “I’m Indiana the Vulpix, lone explorer and adventurer hero! I’ve gone into many dangerous places and come away clean.”

“It is not wise to pursue such endeavors alone,” his sister replied. “If one alone fails, all is lost. But within the pack, the many can take down foes that one alone could not manage.”

“Then you should go with him,” a Houndour said.

She lowered her ears sadly. “What, and leave the pack? Why?”

“He is your kin. But let’s speak with the elder first. She’ll be able to advise us on what exactly to do. Come, Indiana.” He barked, and then the pack of Houndour and two Vulpix took off.

Indiana found himself at a bit of a loss while following the group. As he didn’t understand their secret language of barks, he didn’t know when they would all turn or when some obstacle like a hole would come up. Still, he tried to keep up with his sister. “What’s your name?” he asked.

“Tatiana,” she replied. “I don’t understand why you think we are twins.”

“We have the same yellow patch of fur on our foreheads.”

“But I have six tails when you have four.”

Inwardly, this worried him too. Could it mean that he wasn’t good enough, like people back home had suggested? He told Tatiana, “Vulpix are born with one white tail, which splits up until he or she has six tails. Some people say it’s how much a Vulpix is loved that causes the splitting while others say it depends on each individual.”

“So you weren’t loved?”

“I was loved, but I wasn’t respected. My... our parents were former explorers, famous ones too, but they’ve grown cowardly. They couldn’t even keep your egg from being taken from us, and it took me to come looking for you. But I’ll prove myself to everyone, and then I’ll have six tails like you.”

“I think you’re being rash, so I don’t want to go with you,” she replied. Before he could counter that, she went on. “The pack’s home is just ahead. Please respect the elder; most people don’t want to anger her and you’ve already tried to make off with a sacred treasure.”

Is Indiana about to get captured for stealing the golden whisker? Or will he be able to get away and find this ancient tower and its powerful treasure? Has he really found his missing twin sister and will he be able to convince her to come back home with him? Tune in next week to find out!

Ruby entry: At the time of its birth, Vulpix has one white tail. The tail separates into six if this Pokemon receives plenty of love from its Trainer. The six tails become magnificently curled.

Emerald entry: Houndour communicate with each other using a variety of cries to corner their prey. This Pokemon’s remarkable teamwork is simply unparalleled.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

This is nice....lol that's not very helpful to you....perhaps you can use this format and story again in another entry.
    3222 6165 5568

Dang you and your Bullet Punch!............................. - Akua
    I now know that Heatran is not a good Kyogre counter. - Gengar
    2 words; Get a Girlfriend...
    - zand gaia

You've done it again!
    Not unlike the Articuno story, you could make an entire fic from this entry.
    This story just captured me, and I want to find out if that was really his sister or not.
    It may just be that I love the Indiana Jones films, but this is one of my favorite one shots!
    9.5/10
    Golden Whisker. XD

lol, little does anyone know that indiana jones darkest secret is that he plays pokemon in his spare time and that he named a vulpix after himself.

this was a pretty good story. you should make a whole story out of it. i was quite relieved when the houndours showed themselves to be friendly, i thought they would be bad guys when the story started. anyway, great story, and i loved the tv announcer.
    Done with Serebiiforums. Don't try contacting me. Me posting will be a very rare occasion.

It was a radio show.

what, are slashers worse than egg-stealers?
    I suppose. Granted, getting your unhatched babies snatched away from you isn't exactly what every mother's dreamed of. But some animals have to steal eggs to survive, while killing other animals for fun probably can't be found in the average "How to Survive" manual.

But I digress.

Words cannot express the delight I had at the mental image this story conjured up, of an adorable Vulpix sprinting down a dark tunnel with an enormous boulder hot on his heels. (Yeah, that had nothing to do with the actual story, but whatever.) The premise has so much going for it! I really want to find out whether he ever reached the top of the tower.

And, because the grammar Nazi in me wants to get in a say:
    It was three howls, then four, then five.
    Should be "there were".
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Great Job!
    May I suggest Goreybyss or Jirachi for later? (there are a ton of requests, and I don't want to overwhelm you)if their hasn't already been one... ( I haven't had time to read them all with school. oh well, another time)

~*A Silver Spring*~
    SS Team:

Hey there! I did put the Indiana Vulpix idea up in the Adoption thread (I have another rather demanding story that I'm working on). So if you really like it, you're welcome to take it and run. As for this entry, it came to me as I was lost in the TV Tropes website.

Hi katkat! I'll put Gorebyss up in the request list.

Also, the autumnal equinox is coming up (first day of fall). Any suggestions out there for that?

In Process: Machoke (9/7)
    On Deck: Kricketot/Kricketune, Kingdra, Meganium/Typhlosion, Cyndaquil/Yanma/Ralts, Gorebyss
    Reserve: Raikou/Suicune/Entei (9/12)

FLYGON

Once upon a time, there was a cruel king ruling over these fair lands. His name was Labem Abem Vincen Winsem Tarquesveiden the Third, although it was rumored that he wasn’t the third of any line. He dealt out strict punishments, such as cutting out the tongues of those who made fun of his name and death to any who dared have a longer name. His reign was so terrible that even to this day, people hesitate before speaking of him. Partly because of his terror and partly because they have to remember how to say his name right.

After beheading his fourth wife for not singing to his command (she had a sore throat), King Labem Abem Vincen Winsem Tarquesveiden the Third announced that he was going to marry again. He had not gotten a suitable heir in any of his marriages and was determined to get a perfect son to follow him, one whom knew that his father was the best at everything. So he issued a decree, stating that he would choose his next wife in a singing competition.

“For my wife is not only to provide me with an heir,” he stated, “but to amuse me and do everything with grace and beauty. The best singer that I have ever heard was a mysterious maiden in the Whirling Desert, singing a wordless melody despite the endless sandstorms. Any man who find her or who finds a maid that can sing better than her will be granted a large sum of money, an estate along the Azurite River, and my eldest daughter in marriage.”

Now the people who lived near the Whirling Desert were amused by the decree. They heard the singing in the desert on a daily basis, but they knew it was no human. Instead, the song belonged to the desert spirits, elusive Pokemon that stirred up the sand into the multitude of cyclones that gave the Whirling Desert its name. But none of them would dare correct the menacing monarch.

However, there was one who dared to something more audacious than that. His name was Jack and he was a clever, if unscrupulous, man. He sold extremely weak fish Pokemon to travelers, claiming they were strong and powerful. He diluted medicines and hawked Gastrodon oil as a positive cure-all. And now he saw a golden opportunity that couldn’t be passed up.

For many years, he had trained one of the desert spirits himself. This Flygon was called Guinevere and she had helped Jack in many of his schemes. Whether capturing Gastrodons or watching out for knights, she did so unfailingly, believing it was best to do as her Trainer asked. She was a good-hearted Pokemon, although a little frightened of crowds. Jack instructed her on her part of the plan, gathered some of his friends to help, made a few bribes within the castle, and was soon set to claim his fortune.

The day finally came, with the competition for the next queen. King Labem Abem Vincen Winsem Tarquesveiden the Third brought each of the competitors into the throne room for their introductions. Despite his ruthlessness and advancing age, the large reward had drawn in plenty of con men. Low class cons, Jack thought to himself with some pride. They tried to bring in dim-witted or naive girls and passed them off as acceptable with heavy makeup, grand clothes, and specific instructions. There were even some ambitious women who thought they could gain the upper hand over the king. If they were half as clever as Jack, he thought, it might work for them. But obviously they weren’t.

Guinevere was settled into a chair, looking quite regal. The sand dragon had large red eyes that sparkled like stained glass, so Jack had accentuated that by subtly dulling her eyelids. While her wings naturally had a pretty look, he added inked floral designs to make her special. She also wore elegant jewelry: a gold collar with a ruby pendant, ruby earrings, and a diamond bracelet. As there was certainly someone in the castle staff that could identify true gems from fake, these pieces were real. Jack had tricked their previous owner into thinking they were fake, then traded ‘real’ fakes back to her.

With the clamor of a gong, a servant called out, “Next up, Princess Guinevere and her guardian, Jack Rivers.”

Jack waved to his Pokemon to follow him, then entered the throne room. With a grand bow, he addressed the court. “Your Eminence, the mighty King Labem Abem Vincen Winsem Tarquesveiden the Third, so wonderful to meet you at last. I am Jack Rivers and I speak for my pure-hearted but unfortunately changed ward, Princess Guinevere Terra A’Draken.” He waved his hands reverently towards his Flygon.

“Changed?” the king asked skeptically.

“Yes, your Eminence, changed. The lovely Princess had many jealous enemies and I was charged with protecting her. However, a wretched witch transformed her into a Pokemon under my nose. She was not able to hide her completely, though. As I’m sure someone of your God-sanctioned position can tell, Guinevere is still as regal, beautiful, pure, and lovely as ever.”

The servant, who was in on Jack’s plan, stated, “She must have been wonderful to be turned into this gentle dragon.”

“Quiet, you!” the king shouted. However, now that a servant had recognized the changed princess, he had to astound everyone and prove his power. “Guinevere is still exquisite and elegant. I wasn’t sure what you meant by changed, because she is certainly of royal descent. It is terrible that she would be mistaken for a Pokemon by the peasants, though. We will have to find a way to uncloud your eyes.”

“I knew the witch’s curse couldn’t fool you,” Jack said happily. “I have heard that it can be fixed by true love’s first kiss, although that may be a sentimental old wives tale. If not that, I’m sure you, in your deep wisdom and wide knowledge, that you would be able to find a way to restore her to her true form.”

“But sire,” one of his advisors whispered something more.

“Are you not worthy enough to see Princess Guinevere’s true beauty?” he demanded.

“I... there is something about her,” he hastily replied.

“But can she sing?” another asked.

“Of course,” Jack stated. “My lady, would you grant them their request?”

Guinevere nodded and took off from the ground. A Flygon’s song did not come from her throat, though; it came from her wings. While she carefully altered her beat speed, angle, and other factors, the humming of her wings produced haunting and sweet notes that were eerily like a woman’s wordless song.

After a few note changes, the king’s eyes were wide and his lips trembling. He jumped from his throne and shouted, “She’s the one I heard in the Whirlwind Desert! That song is unmistakable.”

Guinevere was a little puzzled, since her wing song was never the same twice. But Jack distracted the court from noticing. “It is unique, your Eminence. She has always sung like this, never saying a word we mortals on Earth can understand. But you cannot mistake her pure and loving heart for anything else.”

“We shall consider that, Mr. Rivers.”

At the end of the day, King Labem Abem Vincen Winsem Tarquesveiden the Third announced his intentions to marry the angelic Princess Guinevere Terra A’Draken.

-+-

Guinevere sighed and flew to another window. She had been in this castle for ten days now, without Jack. Other times when they pulled this kind of job, he would break into the victim’s house in order to retrieve her within three days. Often, she was replaced with a different Pokemon. This place was more secure than a commoner’s home. Still, ten days?

And it wasn’t just the waiting that was getting to her. Various people were trying to turn her from a Flygon into a human. She had never been a human and wasn’t that interested in becoming one. Especially not when she was expected to marry this king, who eagerly sought out flaws to punish his followers for. He seemed to enjoy their suffering more than their service.

While they treated her well on occasion, giving her excellent choices of meats, vegetables, and fruit, they also made her try all sorts of ‘cures’ for her condition. Bitter potions that disturbed her stomach, holy chants that required her to sit still or endure the whole process again, strange rituals involving needles, candles, and a spark-happy Pikachu... it was horrible. What had she done to deserve this?

Guinevere’s watch for her true Trainer got interrupted yet again by the king. “There she is. Leave us be.”

The servant bowed. “Yes, King Labem Abem Vincen Winsem Tarquesveiden the Third.” He went back down the hall and out of sight.

As he came over, Guinevere scratched her scales under her collar. While it had been fun to dress up, wearing these jewels was starting to irritate her. It was like how living in this castle had been fun for a couple of days. But now she wanted to go back to Jack. He let her fly about in the open on her own, if he had nothing for her to do. In the castle, there was always a guard watching her, and they didn’t let her fly freely outside.

The king stopped by the window she was perched in. “My lovely Princess, I hope you’re enjoying the view.”

Below her, there were soldiers practicing their skills at blades. Past the wall where she was really watching, there was a dusty old road leading towards her birthplace, the Whirling Desert. That is, it led there after four days of travel. She still hadn’t seen Jack, so it wasn’t an enjoyable view.

He placed his hand between her wings. “We really need to get you out of this cursed state. Announcements have gone out, but some of the imbeciles are already saying that we’ve been duped. But I know your story is true; I believe it and I will help you.” The king leaned in closer to her.

That was much too close. Guinevere ducked and hopped out of the window. Quickly, her wings caught up and she landed on the outer rim of the window. She had to watch him closely.

His eyes narrowed. “This is not the time to play coy, Guinevere. We need to restore you to your true self before the wedding. And I don’t want to accidentally transform you in thin air.”

“Your Majesty!” One of the advisors came running down the hall. “We have some troubling news about your daughter.”

“What is it? It can’t be so important that you have to interrupt my time with my betrothed.”

He glanced out the window nervously. “Actually, sir, we have word that Jack and your daughter escaped the winter castle and left the country by way of ship. They took all the gold you had given them, plus various treasures from the castle. And we’ve heard that before he left, Jack boasted that he had tricked you by getting you to marry a Flygon. She’s not a human under a curse, she’s a born Pokemon. And while he lost his Pokemon, he says it was a good trade-off.”

Feeling her heart broken, Guinevere cried out. So Jack had abandoned her this time? She was all by herself?

“WHAT?!” the king screamed. As his cheeks turned red in anger, he glared out at her. “Kill that worthless Pokemon!”

Guinevere flew off, but dove down past the wall. While archers were trying to prepare their bows, she stirred a strong cyclone from her wings. Dust from the old road swelled up and obscured the sight of those in the castle. Then the Flygon flew off for the Whirling Desert.

What was she to do, now that her Trainer had repaid her loyalty and obedience with abandonment?

Sapphire entry: Flygon whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Because the "singing" is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm, this Pokemon is said to be the desert spirit.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 5th September 2009 at 3:16 AM.

Aww!Poor Flygon!

LMFAO @ King LAVWT the Third! That was really funny!
    And poor princess! She got to marry the con-man!

That was fun! Good Job!

His reign was so terrible that even to this day, people hesitant before speaking of him. Partly because of his terror and partly because they have to remember how to say his name right.
    The bolded bit should be changed to "people are hesitant" or "people hesitate". Besides that, LOL.

Jack had tricked their previous owner into thinking they were fake, then traded ‘real’ fakes back to her.
    XD

Poor Guinevere, betrayed so heartlessly. It was so sad! Which means I adored it XD Excellent job.

nice story. that so sad about the flygon, poor flygon! ;_;

i loved that first paragraph, that was hilarious, great work! and nice shout out to the magikarp salesman! cant wait for the next story!

Great!
    His reign was so terrible that even to this day, people hesitant before speaking of him. Partly because of his terror and partly because they have to remember how to say his name right.
    Pure awesomeness XD

~*A Silver Spring*~
    SS Team:

Talking

“WHAT?!” the king screamed. As his cheeks turned red in anger, he glared out at her. “Kill that worthless Pokemon!”
    Who would like to remember this kind of king? Seriously.
    More likely the tears of this flygon deleted the memory of this crappy ruler for good. don't you think?

I like Labor Day; it's a great reminder that we should appreciate the people who have the really neccessary, but unnoticed and undesirable jobs out there. Hey, is that show Dirty Jobs playing? Anyhow, if you see a Pokemon doing hard work in the games, it's generally a Machop or a Machoke. There's the one working in Vermillion, and the pair that helps the R/S/E player move in. And their entries show great dedication to any job given to them.

Any suggestions for a 'first day of fall' entry?

In Process: Raikou/Suicune/Entei (9/12)
    On Deck: Kricketot/Kricketune, Kingdra, Meganium/Typhlosion, Cyndaquil/Yanma/Ralts, Gorebyss

MACHOKE

The scene could easily be described as comical, although it was the practical way. Max, a human construction worker, sat on the shoulder of a Machoke, connecting steel structures. With one arm, the Machoke held onto the main bulk of the device powering the riveter. With his other, he secured Max so he wouldn’t fall. That Machoke was also standing on the shoulders of a second Machoke, who made jibberish kinds of encouragements to the two above. Once this connection point was secure, they’d be able to move up to the next level safely.

Once he was finished with this column, he flipped his mask up. “Okay guys, let’s get down.”

While they doing so, the supervisor came in. “Hey Max, I’ve got a request for you: would you take one of Machoke to your home tomorrow? I’ve got a busy schedule.”

“You’re busy over the holiday?” Max asked. When he nodded, he answered, “All right, it shouldn’t get in the way. They’re pretty well-behaved.”

-+-

“MAX!”

Worried, Max shut his tackle box and went outside. “What’s wrong, dear?”

His wife was near the driveway, looking worried and angered. “Your co-worker is doing chest presses with the van.”

And indeed, the Machoke was lying on her back in the driveway while lifting the van with her arms and feet. It amused Max. “Oh, she’ll be fine. The Pokemon workers know not to hurt machinery.”

“Still, she shouldn’t be doing that.”

“Fine. Daisy, please put the van down.”

She gave a reluctant grunt, then balanced the van on both of her hands to curl into a sitting position. Careful to not scratch the bottom, she gently tipped the back wheels onto the driveway, then moved it back to rest on all four wheels. The Machoke then came over to them, smiling.

“It’s nice that your crew lets the Pokemon off for holidays too,” Max’s wife said. “But can’t they just relax?”

“That is her way of relaxing.”

“Still...” she tried to think of something, but couldn’t. “I can’t see why you guys named her Daisy. I mean, for a cute Grass-type, yes, but not a Machoke.”

Daisy laughed, entertained by her confusion.

“Look, why don’t I take her out fishing with me?” That way, Max thought, Daisy would be free to use the van as an exercise weight all she wanted. “You’re right about one thing: she’s not exactly used to domestic settings. The supervisor generally leaves her in the quarry to train.”

“Can I come fishing too?” Laura asked. Three months ago, she had been in a terrible car accident. She was currently restricted to a wheelchair and so far, hadn’t been interested in going out to do things she used to love.

“If you can get ready quickly,” Max replied.

“Thanks Dad!” She turned her wheelchair around and went back to her room to get her things.

“So you’ll have a quiet holiday.” He kissed his wife. “We’ll bring back dinner.”

“Chinese takeout?” she teased, making them both (and Daisy) laugh.

-+-

It was a nice day to be outside. The temperature was a little high, but tolerable under the trees. Around the shoreline, frogs, toads, and various amphibious Pokemon croaked and hummed, making a relaxing chorus. There were ticks, fleas, chiggers, and mosquitos all about, but a Super Repel lantern kept them at bay. Max had to take a spot by the dock, in order to lock Laura’s wheelchair down. It probably wasn’t a good fishing spot, but the day ahead looked to be a great one.

After an hour of just a single carp, Daisy came over. She waved her right hand to get Max’s attention, then tapped her left hand three times. It was a sign asking if he had anything for her to do. Even though Pokemon rights activists insisted on having working Pokemon out of their Pokeballs at least one day a week, so they could have a proper break, the Machokes didn’t like having a ‘proper break’. Their strength was their pride and they wanted to keep in top condition, no matter what.

Max tried to think of something, but he just wanted to fish. “Um, sorry Daisy, I don’t have anything for you to do at the moment.”

“Can she take me on a walk around the lake?” Laura asked. “I was thinking of catching a fish Pokemon for my first, but there aren’t any biting right now.”

“You’ve still got a few weeks before your tenth birthday,” Max reminded her.

“But you’d catch it for me, right?”

“Well that depends; we don’t have an aquarium for a fish Pokemon right now.”

“I’ll look around.” She leaned over to look at the locks on the wheels.

“And Daisy could take you around the lake, if you like. Just don’t go too fast now.”

The Machoke nodded, glad she could help. Then she picked Laura up out of her wheelchair. Max was afraid for a moment that she would stick her on her shoulders, like the Machoke did with the construction workers when they needed some more height. Instead, Daisy let Laura sit near her elbow and put her free hand to secure the girl there. That way, she didn’t have to strain her injured back in staying up straight.

“Hey!” Laura called out in surprise. She looked the Machoke in the face.

Max chuckled. “Don’t worry, she won’t hurt you. I’ve let them carry me up areas without scaffolding before. They’re trained to take a human’s safety in consideration.”

The girl then smiled, realizing the novelty of riding on a Pokemon. “Okay! I know the paths around here, so we won’t get lost.”

-+-

They got back home about quarter to six. “At least you brought home dinner,” Max’s wife teased, taking the Chinese takeout bags from him.

“Oh yeas, we caught some lovely egg rolls,” he joked. “But we had a great time. Spent most of our time walking the trails.”

“Did you? How did Laura’s wheelchair fare?”

“Well...”

“Daisy carried me,” Laura said, wheeling herself up the ramp. The Machoke followed behind her. “I thought she’d be a bore because she’s a working Pokemon, but she’s awesome! She pushed a boulder that was taller than Dad aside like it was made of styrofoam. And this Raticate was bugging us, so she punted it way over to the other side of that big meadow. And she didn’t once let me drop or feel unsteady.”

She seemed concerned. “Oh... I see.”

“It’s fine,” Max repeated. “I let them carry me while holding onto dangerous equipment. So I knew Laura was safe.”

“I want a Machop for my first Pokemon now,” the girl said happily.

“A Machop?” her mother asked. “That’s not really a girl’s Pokemon, is it?”

“Why should that matter?” Max countered. “She likes them, so why not?”

Sapphire entry: Machoke undertakes bodybuilding every day even as it helps people with tough, physically demanding labor. On its days off, this Pokemon heads to the fields and mountains to exercise and train.

Hey Ysavvryl, nice Machoke story. I give you a 7 for this one.

As for the first of fall entry, I suggest an oddish family (gloom, vileploom, bellosom) entry.

A female Machoke?

DOESNOTCOMPUTEDOESNOTCOMPUTEDOESNOTCOMPUTE *brain explodes*

Sorry. But still, the idea of a female Machoke is WEIRD. o_0

While they doing so, the supervisor came in. “Hey Max, I’ve got a request for you: would you take one of Machoke to your home tomorrow? I’ve got a busy schedule.”
    First bold part needs to be changed to "they did so" or "they were doing so"; second part needs a "the" added.

“Well that depends; we don’t have an aquarium for a fish Pokemon right now.”
    Missing a comma.

I liked the reminder of Machop not being girly at the end, the repitition drives the point home. Excellent job ^^

For the equinox, maybe Solrock/Lunatone would work, to reflect the equal day and night?

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast