Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1435

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Ooooooh... I see what you mean about Meloetta's... um... villain-capacity (that doesn't sound quite right, does it?), Ysavvryl. But I think I like the entry with a good Meloetta more than one with a bad Meloetta- however awesome the latter might have turned out to be- because I loved the music theme!

The name Brayden looks like Drayden... heehee. And you got the word for someone who plays the flute right! It bothers me when people say "flutist" or "flute player" for some reason- maybe because I'm a flautist myself.

So, yes, I liked the Meloetta entry. But then, I don't know if I haven't liked an entry so far...
    Last edited by Riarra; 3rd June 2011 at 1:44 AM.
    FC: 2165-5528-1057
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

I just started reading these today. I really like the Meloetta one (She actually would make a good villain, with the ability to control people's feelings.) xD As well as few others of course. :3

I'd like to request one for Munna and Musharna (Either separate stories or together.)

I'd like to request one for Dialga/Palkia/Giratina and Genesect. (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina together please.)

Any requests coming in now are gonna have to wait for some time, as I get through what's already on my request list. But I'll go ahead and list them. I did already cover Giratina here (check the first post; that entry involves a giant trampoline). And, well, Genesect snuck in here. I read Scrafty's entry and was wondering if they really meant anything...

In Process: Klang/Basculin
    On deck: Woobat, Sealeo/Luxio, Lilligant, Jigglypuff, Munna/Musharna, Dialga/Palkia
    Reserve: (#400)

Scrafty and Genesect

They were hanging out by the chain link fence, a whole gang of them. They were accused of defacing property, attacking travelers without provocation, playing loud heavy metal music, and causing random acts of destruction. Low hung pants, gaunt frames, frilled red mohawks, toothy grins… surprisingly, they weren’t a group of teenage miscreants. No, these were Pokemon. Six of them, all Scrafties, and they were watching her in turns.

The reporter did her best to stay calm while she and her cameraman filmed the news segment. But if the Pokemon started coming over here, then they would have to move. “Trainers often report finding a Scrafty or two in grassy patches to the south of this route,” she said as the camera man recorded the six Pokemon. “But there have been no reports of them coming onto the road itself and claiming it as their own territory. While it is an entirely natural thing for them to do, it makes travel here more dangerous for those with no or weak Pokemon. Officials have put out a request to Trainers to capture these Scrafties to move them off of public property.”

Over by the fence, one Scrafty snorted. “What’re they going on about?”

The leader of the group, the one who had the largest head crest, clenched her fist. “Who knows? But this is my ancestral grounds, I know. They drove my gran’pa away to build this stuff, but he and my ma weren’t bold enough to take it back. We have it now, though, and we’re not letting them have it back. Right?”

The other five crowed in agreement, although one was tapping his foot. “They do make some neat things, like this music box,” he said, indicating the stereo that had been left behind when they first attacked.

The leader put her hand to her chin. “Well yes, that is one of the better things. But they also put up this stupid fence in our way.” She punched it with all her strength, tearing a large hole out of it and causing the whole structure to rattle and shake. “It keeps us from reaching the rest of my land, but it isn’t sturdy enough to use as punching practice. Bah, what’s the point of a weak fence?”

“One of them’s coming from the other way!” one Scrafty called out, pointing to a man who was riding down the route on a bicycle.

The leader took a fighting stance. “Well then, let’s take care of him,” she said fiercely.

On seeing the group of Scrafties, the bicyclist attempted to swerve out of their way. Three of them heckled him with rough squawks before spitting acid at him. Two of the males darted over and tried to punch the bicycle as it wheeled past. Just behind them, the leader had picked up a rock that was bigger than her fist and threw it at the bike. That hit, breaking several spokes on the back wheel, which got caught in the chain and forced the bike to a stop.

Sadly, the bicyclist managed to hop off his bike before it fully crashed. He grabbed it and ran towards where the reporter and cameraman were. The Scrafty group hollered at him for a moment, but didn’t pursue him that far down the route.

The reporter came over to him. “Are you okay, sir? They’re playing rough lately.”

“I’m fine,” the man said, then looked down at his bike. “I’m afraid they may have trashed this, though.” He sighed and pulled off a laptop case off the side to check on its contents.

“The alert about them has been out since this morning,” she said. “The city’s not that far down the route, so you could find a repair shop.”

“Maybe.” After giving his laptop a quick glance, he looked around the area. “Say, you haven’t heard of any, um, unusual damage being done around here, have you?”

“There is that,” she said, pointing towards the chain link fence with dozens of holes and rips along it.

He looked at it, but shook his head slowly. “No, no, that can’t be it. Look, I’m with… err, I’m a scientist.” He looked back to her. “I’m looking for a Pokemon that’s escaped the lab. I have to get it back before, um, someone catches it. It’s a highly valuable rare specimen, you see.”

Her eyes brightened at the prospect of having a unique story for the news. “Oh, well we got out here just a short while ago. I didn’t hear any reports of unusual Pokemon for this area, just the Scrafties over there off their usual grounds. But we can help you look; what kind is it?”

Hesitating, the scientist reconsidered asking a news crew to look for the lab’s Pokemon. Then again, his bike was trashed and they only knew that it could head this way. “It’s… prehistoric,” he admitted. “It’s the first of its kind that we’ve revived. It’s a Bug and Steel type, and the damage it can cause is, well, distinctive.”

Unknown to any of the humans or Pokemon on the route, the prehistoric Pokemon in question was watching from the trees. Her dark violet skin blended into the shadows while the many dark green leaves of the bush nearby gave her cover. She didn’t really have a name, but the scientists called her Genesect. Breathing in deeply with the pores all over her body, she considered what to do now. She had run from the strange enclosed place; she needed a place to hunt and live.

Things weren’t matching up to how they should be, though. She had some knowledge by instinct, but that didn’t help Genesect identify the pale humans or the colorful gaunt Pokemon on the path ahead. However, any Pokemon that could afford that kind of brightness and survive had to be tough. There was also the difference in her cannon. She knew how it should work, but it didn’t seem to be right. It seemed to be more powerful than it could be naturally.

Not that being more powerful was a bad thing, by any means.

Genesect crept out from the cover of the bush. This could be a reasonable territory, but if those colorful Pokemon ahead were holding it now, she had to figure out how powerful they were. With them in a gang like that, it would be a risky fight. Focusing on two of them, she let the cannon built up electric power. It hummed and grew warm, then caused a rip through the air as a bolt of lightning struck through the two targets. They collapsed into unconsciousness immediately, while the strange steel thing behind them sparked brilliantly.

On the road, the attack on their kin alarmed the four remaining Scrafties. “What in blazes is out there?” another female asked, crouching down and forming fists.

The leader snarled, infuriated at the attack on her followers. “An intruder,” she finished with a growl.

Then she appeared: a dark violet creature about a head taller than them, with a strange cannon barrel on its back and a smooth exoskeleton. She gave an eerie rasping rattle, something filled with hostile intent. While it was a Pokemon, it was like none they had seen before. And the weapon on its back was starting to glow.

Not caring, the lead Scrafty pointed to it. “We’re not going to let you get away with that! This is my territory and you will suffer!” Then she howled and led a rush towards the creature.

Down the route, the scientist felt alarmed for the specimen. “That’s the one! Genesect.”

“That creature?” the reporter asked, while her cameraman taped the on-going battle. “What did it do earlier?”

“Zap Cannon,” he replied, as Genesect fired a different blast, this one brownish and dimmer. It knocked one of the Scrafty gang down, but he soon got back up. “And that was its signature move… it’s extremely powerful.”

The strange Pokemon had the bone plates and smell of a Bug type. But when the lead Scrafty struck her with her fists, she felt the texture of Steel. While Bugs usually resisted her fists, Steels usually broke under her power. But she was angered enough to not follow that train of thought any further. Instead, she kicked at the stranger’s leg joints. “Are you scared?” she taunted. “You ought to be; we’ll cream you.”

Genesect heard the colorful creature’s babble, but couldn’t make sense of it. But she did understand that she was trying to intimidate her. Feeling that the taunt should be a bluff, she rattled again and swiped at all four of the creatures with her claws. They were tough, with their fists pounding on her exoskeleton. But she did knock one out, and pushed the rest back enough that she could jump back, lower her stance, then fire her cannon at them again. Another one fell.

Away from the fight, the scientist pulled out his cell phone and hit the walkie talkie function. “Yeah, Sage…” he glanced at the news crew, “Boss? I’ve found Genesect. And I’ve got civilians around.”

Back in the fight, the Scrafty leader gave a shrill bark, showing her distaste for how the battle was going. “What the heck is wrong with you?” she shouted. Any other foe would have exchanged banter with her, or gloated about being at an advantage. This strange Pokemon? She only rattled and hissed in reply. “Show her no mercy, then!” She dashed to her foe and smashed into the joints between her skeletal plates. She knew many ways to fight. Surely one would defeat this creature.

Genesect turned her rattle into an attack buzz as the three remaining creatures rushed back at her. She was more powerful than them; she was certain of that. But there were more of them than her, and their attacks were strong. Before she could finish them all off, they could possibly knock her out.

In that case, she was going to make sure that they went down with her. She built up energy in her cannon, but didn’t fire. Instead, she slashed again while waiting on the charge to build. It was taking much longer than it should, but eventually her cannon couldn’t hold any more and exploded with energy. She fainted.

So did the three Scrafty. And the blast ripped out two entire sections of the chain link fence, smashed the stereo to bits, and stripped a few nearby trees of bark and leaves. Down the route, the humans felt the shock wave from the explosion.

“Oh my word,” the reporter said. “It must be extremely powerful if we could feel that all the way over here.”

The scientist was still on the phone with his boss. “Um yes, she just knocked herself out to win a battle… uh-huh… okay, I’ll see you in a bit.” He closed his phone up. “The others are going to be here to pick her up, but uh, we can’t really do anything about those Scrafties.” He turned to the two others. “Say, would you like to meet the director of the project?”

Some time later, a Trainer came down the Route to discover six unconscious Scrafties lying on the pavement, as well as the damage to the fence and the trees. But there was no sign of what had attacked them, nor of any witnesses to the battle. The reporter and cameraman were never seen again.

Scrafty Black entry: Groups of them beat up anything that enters their territory. Each can spit acidic liquid from its mouth.

Genesect White entry: This ancient bug Pokemon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

wow this one was great very haunting and I love the Portrayal you did of scrafty And Genesect

I'd like to request one for Samurott and Bisharp please
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

A Scrafty-Genesect *****fight? Is this real? Damn, that was intense!

Can I request one of Skarmory and Seismitoad?
    Last edited by Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb; 20th May 2011 at 2:36 AM. Reason: Missingno. was already done.

I take it that the TV crew were abducted by the Plasmas? an then used as food for Genesect? and actually, Techno Bolt isn't that strong...
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

It's fiction! Who cares how strong the attacks really are when they look cool? I hear the anime runs that way sometimes. Anyhow... la la... I decided to just let the 400th Pokemon fall where it falls.

Time for a fish fight!

In Process: Woobat
    On deck: Sealeo/Luxio, Lilligant, Jigglypuff, Munna/Musharna, Dialga/Palkia, Samurott/Bisharp, Skarmory/Seismitoad

Basculin and Klang

The public garden of Striaton City was a beautiful place. A large magnificently carved stone fountain sat in the center. All around it were neatly trimmed flowering hedges, thick green bushes cut into the shapes of various Pokemon, and tidy perfect grass. A monumental arch served as an entrance point, while a trellis tunnel led to the northern route. And in perfectly formed riverlets, pools lined out pathways with their sparkling blue waters.

But this water was very dangerous.

Within one set of pools, there lived the red Basculin. They were mostly green, but had a stripe of bright crimson that symbolized their fierce spirits. They had sharp teeth that made for fearsome weapons. Within another set of pools, there lived the blue Basculin. A stripe of pure blue along their upper sides showed their pride in being Pokemon of the water. They had strong jaws and stubborn attitudes.

The Basculin were, in fact, the same species. But one wouldn’t know that from observing them. The red-striped Basculin and the blue-striped Basculin despised each other. While their pools were separated on the surface, there were underground tunnels that connected them. And those tunnels were war zones.

Today, the tunnels were invasion routes. A pack of blue Basculin rushed through two tunnels to surround a pack of red Basculin. “We are getting revenge for your invasion of our pools yesterday!” the lead blue Basculin called out.

“What?” the lead red Basculin shouted back. “We invaded you for revenge for your invasion the day before!”

“We invaded then because you were throwing rocks into our pool.”

“Well we did that because you chucked rotten berries into ours!”

“We did not do that!” the blue Basculin claimed.

“Yes you did, you sniveling dundering blue dolts.”

“No we did not, you pea-brained delusional red idjfits!”

Above the water, a Steel Pokemon watched and listened to the exchange. He was made up of several gears linked in constantly turning union, but he was of one mind. As a visitor to Striaton, he was supposed to be helping his Trainer with the Gym in this town. But that boy was trying to get the attention of a girl, so the Klang had some time to kill. And he’d never observed Water types in their home environment before.

This could be entertaining, he thought to himself.

In the water, the Basculin were still hurtling insults and accusations at each other. “Well you dimwits started this whole mess!” the red leader said.

“We did not,” the blue leader said. “Your greedy ancestors kept trying to steal our pools away from our ancestors! So it’s really your fault.”

“No, your ancestors were trying to steal our waters from our ancestors since the town was founded!”

“Well you red maniacs have been trying to take over all waters since the beginnings of time!”

“There is no way that is possible, you wimps!”

There was a chorus of growls and hisses at that. “Okay, that’s it! We’re going to massacre the lot of you! Charge!” And both sides of the blue Basculin invasion force started fighting the red Basculin defensive force.

The water erupted into activity, ripples going every which way, splashes popping up at random, Basculin wrestling each other up to the surface. While it had been fairly clear, now all the dirt was whipped and frothed up, making it harder to follow the battle. The Basculin would bite fins, slam into each other, shoot bursts of water, all while snarling, growling, hissing, and yelping. Loose scales, tinged with bodily fluid, would appear on the surfaces, only to get whirled away in the violent motions of the battle.

Observing this, the Klang wasn’t sure which side he’d root for. The blue Basculin were technically the invaders, but apparently these groups would fight each other for any reason. And sometimes, he knew he saw a red Basculin fighting another red, while sometimes the blues would attack each other. Perhaps the battle stirred them up into a frenzy. The Klang felt grateful to be part of a more civilized species of Pokemon.

His Trainer was still distracted by the girl, even when the Klang got bored of watching the Basculin battle. To pass the time, he started running his gears at high speeds. It turned his stead klicks into a low buzz. Then, he fired off one of his mini-gears, sending it flying out of place. it whirled over the pools, but he kept grip on it with his natural magnetism. When it started to go too far, he pulled back on it, causing it to return and fly over his largest gear. It splashed through the fountain’s spray before coming back and settling back to place.

Outside of battle, it was something to do when bored. Really really bored.

The water was completely cloudy and rolling thanks to the battling Basculin, so no point in trying to watch them anymore. The Klang wound himself up and fired off another mini-gear, shooting it to tear off a partly dead leaf from a tree across the pool. But when he pulled back on it, a pair of Basculin made a massive splash near him, causing him to get wet. This startled him enough that he lost grip on his flying gear. Its momentum caused it to pop straight up into the air. Although he tried to get a magnetic hold on it again, the mini-gear came plummeting down, still spinning, into the pool of water the Basculin were fighting in.

One of the Basculin got nicked by the falling gear, but blamed it on someone behind her and started attacking the nearest Basculin in that direction.

The Klang stared into the water, feeling frantic. His mini-gear was down there! If it was out of place for too long, he’d get disoriented and sick. And if it was down there for too long, it’d rust and be awful. He had to get it back.

Without a second thought, he jumped into the water, causing his gears to spin at high speed. This made a tremendous disturbance that caused most of the Basculin to stop fighting and wonder what was going on. The Klang growled metallically. “You dumb fish have made me lose my mini-gear! And if I don’t get it back quickly, then I’m releasing a charge through the water to zap all of you!”

“How dare you presume to challenge us!” a red Basculin shouted, then rammed into him. it caused a resounding clank throughout the water, probably doing more damage to the fish than to the gear Pokemon.

“Because I can shock all of you at once,” the Klang said menacingly. He started storing charge power, making sparks appear between his gears.

They may have been violent, but the Basculin didn’t want to be on the receiving end of a charge made in anger. They swam around looking, but the water was still murky. Then a blue Basculin found the mini-gear sticking out of the mud, grabbed it, then swam back over to the stranger. “Here you go, fuss budget,” he sneered. “Now get out of the water!”

The Klang got a magnetic hold on his mini-gear, then replied, “Gladly; I wouldn’t hang around any of you unless I had to.” Then he jumped back up onto land. He had to go over to another pool of water to wash the mud off his mini-gear before returning it, but it didn’t have a dent or scratch to it.

After the interruption, the blue Basculin decided to retreat to their area, ending the battle. One thing both sides could agree on, although they didn’t tell each other, was that they were glad to be more civilized than that dumb Klang. He should have known better than to jump into a battle that was none of his business, and to keep better track of his parts.

The next day, the red Basculin held an invasion of the blue Basculin’s territory, in revenge for making them look bad as the blues had found the Klang’s mini-gear first.

Klang White entry: Spinning minigears are rotated at high speed and repeatedly fired away. It is dangerous if the gears don’t return.

Black entry: Red and blue Basculin get along so poorly, they’ll start fighting instantly. These Pokemon are very hostile.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

That was hillarious! I loved how Klang got so angry about losing his minigear that he wanted to zap all the Basculin, who were acting like stupid, quarrelous children, and thought he was going to invade them!

Plus, the blue and red warlord's chat about each clan's history cracked me up, too.

Good stuff man, good stuff.

I've always liked Genesect. But when you look at it, it kinda reminds you of an alien. Or a mutant bug, which is what it is, I guess.

And I liked how the Basculin and the Klang both thought they were more civilized. That makes it ironic. And I like irony.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Just popping in to make a request. I see you've got a lot on deck, but if you get the chance, I'd love to read one about Skarmory. Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Skydra has temporarily returned to the fanfic section for review and commentary. Here comes one now...

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    Within one set of pools, there lived the red Basculin. They were mostly green, but had a stripe of bright crimson that symbolized their fierce spirits. They had sharp teeth that made for fearsome weapons. Within another set of pools, there lived the blue Basculin. A stripe of pure blue along their upper sides showed their pride in being Pokemon of the water. They had strong jaws and stubborn attitudes.
    Theres kind of a lot of they had or some such in the beginning of a lot of the sentences there. Try adding some introductory clauses before them or other words than they.

In the water, the Basculin were still hurtling insults and accusations at each other. “Well you dimwits started this whole mess!” the red leader said.

“We did not,” the blue leader said. “Your greedy ancestors kept trying to steal our pools away from our ancestors! So it’s really your fault.”

“No, your ancestors were trying to steal our waters from our ancestors since the town was founded!”

“Well you red maniacs have been trying to take over all waters since the beginnings of time!”

“There is no way that is possible, you wimps!”

There was a chorus of growls and hisses at that. “Okay, that’s it! We’re going to massacre the lot of you! Charge!” And both sides of the blue Basculin invasion force started fighting the red Basculin defensive force.
    A highlight of this one-shot. Overall this one's really funny.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Basculin and Klang was affected because I had recently read the TV Tropes page on the cycle of revenge. And this one was affected by an archive crawl of Girl Genius. My mind just works like that.

Already got Skarmory on the list!

In Process: Sealeo/Luxio
    On deck: Lilligant, Jigglypuff, Munna/Musharna, Dialga/Palkia, Samurott/Bisharp, Skarmory/Seismitoad
    Reserve: Volbeat/Illumise (6/21)

Boldore and Woobat

The large three legged creature stood before her master patiently. The orange crystal growths on her back were glowing bright, as she had recently awakened and was brimming with energy. Would she actually get work to do today? Or would it be another dull day of guarding the chamber when there were a dozen other Pokemon guards on the way that would alert them to the presence of any foolish romantic ‘hero’ that was trying to make a name for himself?

Her master traced his finger around an area on her right side. He was dressed in the usual brown lab coat (which hid a layer of protective armor), heavy heat-proof gloves, sturdy boots, and large goggles. For his line of work, it was all necessary. And if his secret lab happened to get invaded, well, he had some rather more effective, or dangerous, armors lying about.

“Why do you keep getting these heart-shaped indents on your hide?” he asked. “I know you’re a girl, but isn’t that a bit too obviously girly? Hmph, I need to work on that Pokespeak translator before I can get a clear answer on that. But not important enough; those marks aren’t about to hinder your abilities. I have a job for you today, in the underground tunnels. Hang on a minute.” He went over to his dresser and began checking drawers.

This could take a while. The Boldore shuffled over and watched. When she had first been allowed in here, the lab had been interesting, making her both curious and nervous. There were a massive amount of strange tools lying around, as well as machines that always looked dangerous and always changed. Her master kept building them, taking them apart when they failed, then reusing the parts to build something new. As a Pokemon, she had no idea what he was doing with that constant work most of the time. Sometimes she saw him do things with those machines that she understood, like making earthbound objects fly, or shoot lightning, or instantly freeze everything in ice (that had been a particularly bad day). Most days, though, she could count on something exploding. Good thing she was sturdy enough to endure that.

“I could have sworn I put it in this drawer,” the master mumbled, searching through one thin drawer. This particular dresser had dozens of drawers, every one of them stuffed with strange objects. So it could take an hour… no, he brightened up. “Ah, there it is! Check this out carefully.”

She looked at the item, although wasn’t sure what to make of it. It was a clay tablet of some kind, with two straight edges and one jagged. And yet, the thing didn’t feel like clay. No, it had a feel like the lightning her master called up sometimes. It had the smell of power and strangeness… ancient strangeness, not the new strangeness that was in this room.

“This is a piece of a special item known as a Plate,” he told her. “The Electric-typed one. I only have this tiny fragment… kept meaning to find some stable use for it in my machines… but it’s broken. I can’t make use of this tiny piece. So I need to find a whole Plate. It doesn’t even need to be the Electric one, so long as it’s whole. Best of all, I’ve discovered that the location of these Plates is said to be right here, deep in the ground!

“And we are connected to a vast network of underground tunnels here. Boldore, I want you to go checking around to see if you can find any whole Plates. I’m going to use this piece to try to make a detection device, but if you can find it, that’d be a whole lot faster and simpler. Give it a shot, okay?”

She gave an affirmative response, then headed out of the lab. Finding this Plate thing, huh? She wasn’t so sure she could do that. Sometimes, she was sent out to find water, either for general use or specific experiments. Some pools in the tunnels infused the water with abundant minerals or chemicals, making them useful to her master. That was because that was a natural talent of her kind. But finding an item not related to water? That would be tougher.

If it was her alone. She knew who to go to for help, and was certain they would agree. Trudging along the tunnels, she went for the place they hung out at. As a Boldore, she could never move fast. She could shift her three legs in sequence, but to keep balanced, she had to have two of them on the ground at a time. If she really had to hurry, she could build up speed and use just one leg at a time to push herself along, but that kind of running was terribly unstable.

In time, she found a cavern with lots of heart-shaped marks on the walls, much like the one her master had complained about. This was the place. She came to the center and called out, “Woobats? Are any of you around?”

Several squeaks and wing flaps responded from far overhead. Soon, four of them appeared in the air around her. “Oh, hi friend!” one squealed happily. “We haven’t heard from you in days!”

“Yeah, are you okay?” another asked. “We thought that maybe that crazy guy finally blew you up!”

A third chimed in, “But yay, you’re back here to play with us!”

She chuckled. “Settle down, it’s okay. I’m fine. I’ve just been stuck on guard duty for a week.”

“Oh, that sounds boring boring.”

“But why’ve you got to be guard?” the fourth asked. “I mean, he has that scary Hydregion at the way to the Outside, and that guy would scare away anyone.”

“Oh yeah!” the others said. One went on, “Cause that dragon, he is so mean that he makes the two heads on his hands bite each other in super-gross puppet plays. And you ain’t any meaner than making your own body fight. I mean, I wouldn’t make my two wings fight each other.”

“If your wings fought each other, then you wouldn’t be able to fly.”

“Hang on, friends,” the Boldore said, trying to interrupt them politely. They had good hearts bigger than the ones on the end of their snouts even. But the fluffy bats could chatter one’s ears of, if one was a sort to have ears. “My master has sent me out on a mission, but I don’t think I can do it alone. I want to ask for your help in this.”

“Help?” one asked, curious.

“Well we would help you, because you are friend to the whole entire tribe,” another Woobat said. “But, uh, that master of yours, you know, we avoid him. He’s even scarier than the Hydregion.”

“Oh yeah!” another said. “And he makes the big booms that scare everybody and make rocks fall down.”

“And sometimes strange things come out of there,” another added.

The Boldore looked to her little friends. While she had expected the resistance, she wasn’t going to be able to complete this mission without their help. There wasn’t another of their type in the tunnel systems. “I do know that you don’t like him,” she said. “Even though he’s helped me and the other Pokemon improve considerably, beyond what’s normal. He could help one of you become great too. But that’s not important. What is important is that, if I don’t manage to find the thing he’s after, he’s going to build a device that can find it, and he’ll come down here himself.”

That spooked them. “Himself?”

“Like, by himself, or with the crazy Hydregion?”

Hating herself for scaring them (but her master was scarier when mad or disappointed…), the Boldore replied, “Maybe by himself, maybe with the Hydregion… or maybe with the weapons he makes, I’m not sure. But he will be very disruptive to everyone, and I’d rather do things nicely.”

“Ah…” the Woobats looked to each other for a second. “So, um, what did he send you to look for?”

“Something called a Plate,” she said. “It’s made of clay and I only saw a fragment of it, but it was an ancient power of Electric, nothing like any other clay object. It may be of an Electric type, or it may be of another. He thinks one or more might be in these tunnels.”

“Ooo, could he mean the sacred Plates?” one Woobat asked.

“That could be a lot of trouble.”

“They’re only supposed to be used by the ancient Creator god.”

“And other times they’ve been dug up and used, it led to terrible times.”

“Are your kin set to guard them?” the Boldore asked. She knew some Pokemon species were called on to guard sacred object. If the Woobats watched the Plates, then she might not get them after all.

“Well no,” one of them admitted.

“But we meant, like, really terrible awful times,” another said. “Plague, blight, terror, war, demon possession, drought, flood, noise… and we don’t want to be responsible for helping such a time come.”

“Um, there are the fake ones,” the quiet Woobat said. “There’s some things that look and seem like the Plates, but they’re not as powerful. I heard my gran say that sometimes, we would let a human explorer find one of them, so that they thought they were all weak and didn’t go looking for the real ones.”

Honestly, the Boldore liked that idea better too. If giving a real Plate to her master would cause a terrible time to come, then the gods might forgive her for disobeying this once. “That would be better for all of us,” she said. “Can we find one of the fakes?”

“Oh sure, I know where one is,” he said, pleased to be useful. “It’s pretending to be a Rock-type Plate, but that makes it stand out from the real rocks around it, but it doesn’t have the power of a real Plate. I can take you there.”

“Great, thank you,” the Boldore said. “You can ride along, in case of trouble.” That was the reason for all the heart-shaped marks on her. The Woobats attached to cave walls, or to her, by gripping on with their snouts. While it wore off some of the surface rock, it didn’t hurt her. They would breathe through their mouths.

“No, I’m good,” he said, flying towards one of the tunnels. “Come on!”

While the fake Rock-type Plate didn’t affected her power, her master seemed convinced that a real Plate would. The fake kept his attention for some time, but eventually, he wanted the real thing.

Woobat White entry: Suction from its nostrils enables it to stick to cave walls during sleep. It leaves a heart-shaped mark behind.

Boldore Black entry: When it overflows with power, the orange crystal on its body glows. It looks for underground water in caves.

Did the Boldore's master perfect the translator while she was out? otherwise how could he have known it was a fake?
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

@scizorstrike It wasn't as ultra-powerful as he liked, I assume.

She didn't have to tell him it was a fake, as he would have found out eventually.

This pair was one of the harder ones to put together. That could be why it turned out how it did. I still think it's interesting. Influenced a bit by a particular scene in PMD2.

In Process: Lilligant
    On deck: Jigglypuff, Munna/Musharna, Dialga/Palkia, Samurott/Bisharp, Skarmory/Seismitoad

Sealeo and Luxio

Two different paths converge…

The snowy fields were a calm peace. It had been a quiet day, under a cloudy sky. In this slow tundra, things took time to change. A white Sealeo slid around the field, pushing herself towards some bushes. There was no need to hurry, no reason to fret. She was simply checking out some berry bushes she had planted several days ago. If they were growing strong roots, that would give her a closer patch to retrieve them. Too bad they did not grow underwater.

The snowy fields were a large danger. It had been a frantic day, battling angered locals and running away from a stubborn Mamoswine. Still running, the pack of five Luxio were headed for a set of mountains ahead. Anywhere to get out of this wide open space where anyone could see them. They were nomads who could never find one place to settle down. Whenever they found a good spot for a home, someone was already there and insisted that they leave. Were they cursed? Sometimes it seemed so.

On her own, the Sealeo was relaxed. She knew all the Pokemon that were usually around here, and they would appreciate more healthy berries. She had located some good earth near a group of rocks. Once she had broken up the dirt, she planted plenty of berries there. The rocks would protect the bushes from most winds. Although some berries had failed to start, the bushes that had broken through were doing well. After a pause of admiration, she began snuffling a bush to check on how well it had taken hold.

A bellow from the furious Mamoswine caused an increase of fright for the Luxio pack. It had to be tiring soon; they were tiring and only the fear of what would happen if the Mamoswine caught up kept them running fast. But then one of them stumbled, crashing into the snow. Another Luxio shouted out in concern, causing the others to turn and run off another way, trying to give their comrade time to get up. But the Mamoswine kept charging.

The Sealeo nosed one berry and found it smelling ready. Carefully, she plucked it off its branch by rolling it up with her nose. Then she held the berry up high, examining it. A Chesto berry, good for when a Pokemon had a lot of work to do. It didn’t have as many minerals and vitamins in it as the usual berry, so these bushes needed some more time to establish themselves. However, a storm was brewing for tonight. She should gather up snow and increase the wind barrier around the young plants. Tossing the berry into the air, the Sealeo ate it, then moved on to check another bush.

A short distance away, electricity crackled through the air as three of the Luxio attacked the Mamoswine. The fourth tugged at the last member, gently biting his ear, encouraging him to get back onto his feet. Yes, they were all exhausted, but they needed to keep going until they lost their enemy. He forced himself upright and got out of the way just in time for the Mamoswine to tumble on the ground itself, thanks to being paralyzed. But the Luxio pack wasn’t about to savor victory. As they still had to get away, they went right back to running.

Two paths collide.

The Sealeo investigated a Rawst berry bush. It was small, not even producing berries yet. Maybe it was too cold for that one. But the Oran berry bush right next to it was thriving, with a good-looking first crop. While she checked it over, the Luxio pack paused at the new garden. The one who had tripped was struggling to keep up, so some healing berries ought to help. if they could just talk the Sealeo into letting them, without the Mamoswine disrupting them.

“Hey, miss?” one of the Luxio asked, breathing heavily due to the recent long run.

Although they had approached without warning, the Sealeo was unconcerned. It was a nice day and she wasn’t expecting a battle. She pulled an Oran berry off and balanced it on the end of her nose, focused on assessing the state of her garden. In her view, they could wait a minute for her to finish.

In their view, they couldn’t afford to waste a minute. One of the braver members hopped up onto the top of her head and balanced there with her paws on the Sealeo’s snout. “Pay attention a minute, will you?”

Squashed Oran berry trickled over the Sealeo’s face and mouth. She hadn’t had time to assess how healthy the bush really was! Angered by their rudeness, she growled. “Why you little…”

Recognizing yet another enemy, the Luxio perched on her head panicked and had her claws spark brightly as she jumped off. The jolt was too much and the Sealeo passed out. Another member of the pack snorted. “Well that went well.”

“Shut it,” she replied. “I don’t get why nobody will listen to us.”

“Let’s just grab some of the berries and get,” another suggested. The others agreed and swiped what berries they could carry. When they heard a loud call from the Mamoswine, they all bolted. It was back on the run until they knew they weren’t being pursued. Much of their life was spent this way, waiting for some hopeful time when they could permanently settle in one place.

Half an hour later, the Sealeo revived and found a friendly neighbor watching over her. The Mamoswine picked an Oran berry for her. “Oh good, you’re up. How do you feel?”

“Nasty.” She pushed the berry against her nose this time, spreading its healing pulp over the wounds where the claws had dug in. "Some crazy Luxio came up and attacked me out of the blue. And I was having such a good day too.”

“They’re not around anymore, so they won’t be worrying us.”

And the two paths diverge, never to meet again.

Sapphire entry: Sealeo often balances and rolls things on the tip of its nose. While the Pokemon is rolling something, it checks the object’s aroma and texture to determine whether it likes the object or not.

Luxio Diamond entry: Its claws loose electricity with enough amperage to cause fainting. They live in small groups.

This entry deals with death, so some readers may be bothered. This is the 'more depressing' entry I skipped over for Mother's Day.

In Process: Jigglypuff
    On deck: Munna/Musharna, Dialga/Palkia, Samurott/Bisharp, Skarmory/Seismitoad

Lilligant

It was one of my neighbors who had this Pokemon first. Young college woman, you see. I met her when she moved in just before classes started; seemed like a real bright and cheery girl, one who wouldn’t be much trouble. And she moved in with the Lilligant, who was a sweet and lovely Pokemon that loved to dance and sing. The college folks move in and out all the time, usually with a Pokemon or two, so it wasn’t new. They were a nice pair when we first met, but then college got them busy and I didn’t see them much.

And it was the Lilligant who showed the first obvious signs of trouble. When they moved in, the Pokemon had this gorgeous red flower growing on the side of her head. Had a fine strong scent too, one that they say is good for reducing stress. But about a month into the school year, I saw the Lilligant again and the scent of her flower was far weaker. Its petals seemed pale, pinkish instead of bright red. The girl told me the Pokemon was homesick, so I told them to take care.

After that, I saw even less of the pair. The girl would come back and go straight to her apartment after class, often without her Lilligant out. I didn’t know them very well, so I didn’t want to pry much. While most of the college folk would have friends over, I never saw her bring anyone else home. But some folks don’t socialize as much.

In the last month of the semester, I saw the Lilligant again. She was on her own and she looked terrible. The flower on her head had completely wilted and turned brown, while her grass dress was dry and brittle. With Grass Pokemon, many of them will be fine with enough sunshine and water, so a decline this bad usually indicated something was emotionally wrong. I had read that her particular species can only be obtained by making the Pokemon happy and friendly, so I wondered if there was some trouble with the girl too.

It was a bit eerie, though. The Lilligant was wilted and dry, but she was out there in the apartment hallway dancing and swaying around. All the while, she repeated a melody of three notes. It was one of those times when I wished I understood Pokemon, although one didn’t need to know that to know that she was unstable. Since she was out, I knocked on the girl’s door, even though it was open a crack.

The girl had committed suicide, which is always a terrible thing to find out. One would think that someone would intervene before something like that happened. But I didn’t know her all that well and her friends and family had been shocked too. I called the police and brought the Lilligant into my apartment, to keep an eye on her.

With her Trainer gone, the Lilligant was devastated. She seemed to be distracting herself with her song and dance, although there was noticeably no spirit to it. I tried to get her to drink some water, but she didn’t seem interested. While she moved around, her dry leaves flaked off along the edges. It was hard to see a formerly healthy and happy Pokemon depressed into ruin.

When the police came, they asked me some questions, then had me drive the Lilligant to a Pokecenter for medical care. I talked with her on the way, but she kept continuing her three note song. Later, I met with some of the girl’s friends and told them about the Pokemon.

I still checked into the Pokecenter about her. She was brought to the funeral, but that didn’t turn out well. On meeting with the girl’s parents, the Lilligant shrieked and would have attacked them if she hadn’t been in a weakened condition. And while no one was watching her closely, she took the blooms off a flower arrangement made by the family. They decided not to take her to the cemetery due to her disruptions.

Even now, I’m not sure what had incited that behavior. Was it a bad history with them, or did she put the blame on the death on the parents? It may even have been simply an irrational mood brought on by the tragedy. But it made an impact on the family, who decided to not take in the Lilligant after the funeral. Even the girl’s friends didn’t seem too enthused to take care of her.

Since the Pokecenter knew me and I had been checking up on her regularly, the doctor there offered me the chance to adopt her. I had to think about it for a time. I lived right next to the girl’s former apartment, after all. But since no one else connected to her wanted the Pokemon, I agreed to take in the Lilligant and help her recover.

It was many months while she was still suffering, alternatively keeping away from her old home and wandering in there. She started out indifferent towards me, sometimes even angered as if I could have done something to stop the suicide. Perhaps if I had been a better neighbor to the girl, I might have had some impact. But I did my best for the Lilligant when she became my responsibility.

I’ve really grown fond of her in this time, and she has shown many signs of being out of depression. Her leaf dress is looking healthy and full once again, while she sings happier songs when I’m around. As for her flower, she has a bud that’s been there for a couple of weeks now, but it’s not showing signs of blooming soon. But she’s my friend now, and I believe she sees me as her’s too.

Lilligant White entry: The fragrance of the garland on its head has a relaxing effect. It withers if a Trainer does not take good care of it.

Awww, for such a sad story this did at least have a happy ending...

This story reminded me of "Where The Red Fern Grows" but with a happier twist thank goodness!

I'm just glad that the Lilligant recovered, I mean I know it's just a fictional Pokemon story but it's not easy overcoming the suicide of someone close to you...I've been there...but anyways I liked it!
    Insert Cool FanFic Banner Here.
    Maybe I should start writing one of those...

Honestly, the hell if I know...

That was a really good one.

I just saw this and read the totodile one... I LOVE IT! Please add me to the PM LIST!

Pokemon X Round 2

Oh gosh, that Lilligant one was depressing.

Why did that girl commit suicide anyway?

^don't know the answer to that.

Anyhow... I've reached 400 Pokemon!!! Crazy. I celebrate by bringing in a cameo of another video game character.

In Process: Munna/Musharna
    On deck: Dialga/Palkia, Samurott/Bisharp, Skarmory/Seismitoad

Jigglypuff

There she was at the bar, looking mighty unhappy. She had a round pink body that was like a balloon, with tiny little arms and feet. Flowing from her great big blue eyes were twin streams of tears. She had an ice cream sundae in front of her, but the ice cream was melting away and the hot fudge had gone cold. It was such a sight as to make your heart tremble in sympathy, that such a lovely girl should be so upset.

Not only that, but everyone else in the bar was fast asleep, passed out wherever they sat. Now that was kind of creepy. But I felt I could deal with that later. I went up to the bar and jumped onto one of the bar stools next to her. “Hey, are you gonna eat that ice cream?”

She shook her head no (well, her body), but then looked at me. Her eyes didn’t blink, but they were such a watery blue that I didn’t really mind.

But there was melting ice cream, and that was a crime. “Then, can I have it?”

“Uh, okay, I guess,” she said in a gorgeous voice with a strange accent. I suppose it’s that Pokespeak accent, because Pikachu does the same thing. But it was so lovely coming from her.

I grinned. “Yay, ice cream!” I opened my mouth and chomped down the whole thing: melted cream, cooled hot fudge, cherry on top, soggy sprinkles and nuts, oozed whipped cream, pretty glass container, and a metal spoon. So good, but I spit the container and spoon back out onto the bar.

Her tears stopped a bit as she just stared at me. “Um, you’re not another Jigglypuff,” she said, uncertain. “But you’re not a Clefairy either.”

“Nope,” I told her. “Hiya, I’m Kirby, the hero of Dreamland! That was great ice cream. So what’s going on? Is it nap time?” I brought out an orange nap cap and put it on.

“Um, no,” the Jigglypuff said. “I came here to get the ice cream while there wasn’t much going on in the stadium, and I told the bartender that I’d sing for it if he’d let me. He laughed and said, ‘Sure, give it a shot’. So I sang my very best song so that everybody could hear it. But by the time I was only halfway through it, everybody was asleep.” Her tears started up again. “That always happens. I try to show people how well I sing and they always fall asleep in the middle of the song. Am I that boring? I never ever get to finish my song ever.” Then she started sobbing again.

I pouted. “Aw, that’s terrible. But it must be a great lullaby.” Then I got an idea. “Hey, can I hear your very best song?”

She brought her hands to her sides. “Um, you’d fall asleep too.”

Winking at her, I said, “Don’t worry! I’m the hero of Dreamland, so it’s no big deal. Come on, I wanna hear you sing.”

“Well, all right,” she said with a sigh. She wiped away her tears, then took a few deep breaths. Then she began to sing.

It was really amazing. Jigglypuff’s voice was so clear and smooth; she might be able to touch the hardest hearts and amaze the most cynical jaded ears. Although, she was right about one thing. After hearing the song, I got really drowsy. So I pulled out a pillow and took a nap.

Back in the Dreamworld, I heard her starting to cry again. “Keep singing!” I called out to her mind, which surprised her, but she went back after a brief faltering. I took the Star Rod and made sure that everybody who was sleeping in the room could hear Jigglypuff’s song, no matter how deep in Dreamland they were. And her voice made my home seem more vibrant and peaceful than ever before.

Once she finished the song, I left Dreamland and woke back up. She wasn’t teary-eyed anymore, but she looked uncertain. “Did you hear it?”

“Sure did,” I told her. “It was amazing! You made the Dreamlands even more beautiful. You’re really really amazing, you know that?”

Her pink cheeks turned a bit red, but she smiled. “Oh, you think so? I’m happy to hear that.”

I jumped up and down on the bar stool. “I gotta take you to Dreamland sometime. It’ll be lots of fun! Oh, but right now, I want more ice cream. Do you want some more ice cream?”

She laughed, which was also beautiful. “Well I haven’t had any yet, so I can’t have more. But yeah, I’d like to actually eat my sundae this time.” She looked around at the snoozing patrons and staff. “But, we’d have to wait for them all to wake up.”

“No problem!” I jumped up onto the bar itself and pulled out a microphone. After taking a quick breath, I went, “BUUUUUUUUURRRRP!”

Seconds later, everyone in the bar was awake again, complaining about my epic belching. But they did compliment Jigglypuff on her fantastic song, so she was beaming all evening. Nobody wanted to hear her sing again, though.

Except me.

Emerald entry: Nothing can avoid falling asleep hearing a Jigglypuff’s song. The sound waves of its singing voice match the brain waves of someone in a deep sleep.

Kirby! 8D I always liked the Kirby/Jigglypuff pairing. With that Pokedex entry, I wonder why Sing doesn't have 100% accuracy.

Funny how this story involved Dreaming, and the next one is about Munna/Musharna who eat dreams. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 16th June 2011 at 2:28 AM.

The Jigglypuff and Kirby story was really good. I liked how Kirby used Jigglypuff's Sing to congratulate her.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

This entry turned out to be a nice one for Father's Day. It's early, but all well.

In Process: Volbeat/Illumise
    On deck: Dialga/Palkia, Samurott/Bisharp, Skarmory/Seismitoad
    Reserve: ??? (7/12)

Munna and Musharna

“Daaaaddy!”

The Musharna snorted, then opened a half asleep eye. Blurrily, he saw a lavender flower on pink skin. “Hmmm? I’m sleeping…” he closed his eye again.

Huffing, the little Munna bumped into him. “Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy DAAAAADDDYYYY!”

This time, he awoke abruptly. “Huh, what?” He looked around in a panic. “What happened? Is something wrong?” He was afraid that those people from yesterday had come back.

His daughter looked mad, a trail of pink mist curling around her head. “Yeah, you said you were gonna take me to the gardens today, and the day’s almost over. You promised.”

“Oh.” It wasn’t dangerous, so he nearly went back to sleep. But then he realized that the day was almost over, and woke up fully. “Oh! I’m sorry, sweetie. I was up late into the day. But I’m up now.” He uncurled a bit, then floated off. “Well let’s go.”

The Munna cheered and followed after him. As she chattered, they went through the woods around Straiton. This way, they avoided the people. The Musharna had always been wary of humans. Some were good, but many would force a Pokemon to battle. And then there were the two guys from yesterday. They were definitely bad.

When they got to the gardens, there were some humans around the fountain. But a corner of the place was empty, so he felt safe in letting her play here. He got a drink of water from the pools, then watched as the Munna hovered just above the water’s surface and patted it with her hooves.

The Musharna yawned, but he wasn’t going to fall asleep again. Not while they were here, closer to the humans than usual. He looked to the mist coming off the Munna. “You seem to have eaten a nice dream.”

Eagerly, she came over to him. “Yeah, yeah, yeah! Guess what it was.”

“Is that rhetorical?” he asked, because sometimes she said for him to guess, but told him immediately instead of waiting.

She giggled. “No, guess!”

“Hmm, all right. Was it about love?” He manipulated his own mist to form a nice pink heart. “I always like the romantic ones.”

“No, no, no! Guess again.” She seemed excited to play the game.

“Was it about an Audino?” The form of a curly-haired Pokemon appeared near him. “They’re so sweet, and nice singers. I don’t think I’ve met anyone who hates the Audino.”

“Audino is nice,” she admitted. “But it wasn’t that.”

Thinking, he made images of colorful dream flowers appear. “Was it about flowers?”

“No. Try again.”

“Airplanes?” He formed one to fly above his head in circles.

No, it wasn’t airplanes. Or boats, or fountains, or trees, or music, or food, or clouds, or dragons, or the moon. The Munna seemed a bit disappointed that he wasn’t guessing right. But there were so many good dreams out there, especially when one figured personal opinions into it.

He sighed eventually, forming a question mark out of his mist. “Oh, I’m sorry sweetie. I’m a terrible guesser.”

“It’s okay, Daddy,” she said sympathetically, rubbing her head against his. “It was a hard guessing game. Anyhow, the really nice dream I had last, it was about you!” She tried to form her own dream mist, but her Psychic powers were developed enough to do that.

That startled him. “About me? Heavens… I don’t know who around here would dream of me.” If it had been his soul mate, her mother, then yeah, he would expect that. But since she was gone, it was surprising.

The Munna twirled on the spot, excited. “Yeah, yeah, you! It was that girl from yesterday; she had a dream that you were awesome, which you really were cause controlling a nightmarish figure like that scary guy was amazing! And she loved you and thought you were the most amazing Pokemon she’d ever seen, but she was worried about me and liked me a lot too. I want to travel with her, Daddy. I can tell from her dreams that she’s really sweet and kind, and great. Can I go with her, please, please, please?”

Although she was excited, the Musharna felt a knot of anxiety grow in his stomach. He’d tried to avoid being seen by humans; getting seen by three yesterday was the most he’d shown himself to his whole life. And now his only child wanted to go travel with one. It was normal for young Pokemon to want that. But, he had hoped that she wouldn’t like humans either.

“The girl from yesterday?” he asked. There had been the boy who had fought off the two bad men (he quietly thanked the gods that she didn’t want to go with him), but there had also been that blond haired girl and the older woman. She probably meant the blond one. “Are you sure about that?”

She nodded. “Yeah! I know there’s scary things out there, like the men from yesterday, but she’s a Trainer and I’ll be safe with her. And see? She’s just over there. She’s a good person, I know it.”

And on one of the garden paths, he did see the blond girl again. She was standing near one of the pools, watching the Pokemon swimming down there. Even though she hadn’t been the one to battle yesterday, she had attempted to stop the bad men from hurting his daughter. Observing her thoughts, the Musharna could tell that she had a good heart, although she wasn’t quite as bold and brave as her friend. But then, maybe being more cautious would be better.

He nuzzled the Munna. “You know that if you leave, I’m going to miss you lots.”

At that, her eyes did get a bit watery. “I know. I’ll miss you lots too. That’s a bad thing about going. But, I think there’s a lot more good things that can happen. And if she comes back here, I’ll come visit, and you can see how much I’ve grown.”

Part of him wanted to insist that she not go. She was going to get hurt again. But, he couldn’t protect her forever and a human Trainer would help her learn to fight and defend herself. Maybe if she liked humans, in particular this one, he should honor her feelings. “Okay, you may go with her. Be careful out there.”

Excited, she squealed and nuzzled him again. “Thanks, Daddy! I love you muchly.”

“I love you muchly too. Goodbye.”

“Bye!” Then she flew out of their cover and went over to the girl. The humans seemed surprised, but then delighted to see her. She even asked if she was the same one from yesterday, and if she was all right.

That let him know that she would be loved. Before he left, though, the Musharna carefully came out of cover, just enough so that the girl could see him. Then he manipulated his dream mist in order to form words in her language. “Take good care of her… she’s my only child.”

And the girl promised she would. Feeling a bittersweet satisfaction, the Musharna left the girl and the Munna to travel together.

Munna White entry: It eats the dreams of people and Pokemon. When it eats a pleasant dream, it expels pink-colored mist.

Musharna White entry: With the mist from its forehead, it can create shapes of things from dreams it has eaten.

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast