Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1435

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Yeah! Since when has the moon emitted x-rays? Everything would be radioactive. Ash would've died by now of cancer!
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

It's spring now! And it's going to rain all week here. Joy. Well we do need it, and it makes everything look really green.

And for spring, we have two Grass Pokemon.

In process: Oshawott/Yanmega, Archeops
    On Deck:Tynamo, Latios, Tentacruel/Cleffa, Noctowl/Pidove

Lombre and Nuzleaf

Adam the Lombre patted down all that was in his backpack, then closed the latch. “Okay, that should do,” he said. “I couldn't carry any more, but it should help.”

“Oh, I hope it does,” his wife Lisa said. She bumped her lilypad into his. “It sounds like they're having such a horrible time over at that pond. It's good that you're willing to go all the way over there.”

He shrugged, then slipped one of his legs into a backpack handle. “It's not that far. Besides, that pond is where I was born. I ought to go. Oof.” He struggled for a moment to get the other handle on his other front leg, but it was heavy. “Must've packed it better than I thought. There we go.”

The two Lombres then walked out of their little den. “Now don't go pushing yourself with that heavy load,” Lisa said. “Take a break if you need to.”

“Yeah, I planned on that,” Adam said.

“And don't go off the forest paths too much, because then you might end up with heavy undergrowth blocking you or even find the human paths. And you couldn't fight them very well burdened down like that.”

“I'll probably have to cross their bridge, but I can do that without trouble,” he said. At least he hoped there wouldn't be trouble.

“And watch out for those berries that are still a bit green, or the overripe ones. You remember that tummy ache you had after the last batch when you...”

“I'll be okay,” he said, trying to cut her off.

She tilted her lilypad slightly over her face. “I'm just worried about you. Be careful, honey.”

He rubbed his cheek against hers. “It's okay; I just need to get going to help them and come back home before dark. I'll see you later; love you.”

“I love you too. See you then.” She lifted a paw and waved to him as he set off away from their little pond and out into the woods.

It was a nice day out in the woods, nothing like yesterday. Yesterday afternoon, a storm had blasted through the woods hurling all kinds of sticks and stones through the air. Adam and Lisa had hid out in their hut, but it seemed that they had gotten lucky. In another part of the woods, another pond had been hit with a very destructive wind, tearing up the homes of many Pokemon and knocking some trees over. That news had all come from some Spearows who were flying away from that scene. But there were also some Lotads and Lombres over there, cousins and siblings of his. Even if they didn't need all the stuff he was bringing, at least he could check up on them.

To get to the other pond required a long walk in the woods. Adam stuck to the Pokemon foot trail, thinking about things on the way. Sometimes he heard the rushing water of the stream nearby, swollen with water after the storm. He might swim across it any other day, but with as fast as it was going and as heavy as his backpack was, he didn't want to risk it today.

An hour or so into his walk, he heard some strange notes. It sounded like a flute. Possibly a human? Adam walked slower as he came closer to the source of the melody. If it was a human, he'd have to get around it carefully.

It turned out to be another Pokemon, though. A Nuzleaf was siting on a stump, legs crossed and playing the flute music with the green leaf on top of its head. Its long pointed nose swayed in time with the music. Since it was another Pokemon, Adam figured he was okay in simply walking past the stump.

But the Nuzleaf stopped playing when he did. “How interesting,” she said. “You don't see a Lombre this far from the water that often.”

“The stream's not that far away,” he said, puzzled.

She chuckled. “I still don't. You seem geared for a long trip.”

“Not that long. I'm going to the reed pond on the other side of the woods. Apparently, they got hit hard by the winds yesterday.”

“Ah, that place.” She tapped the side of her head. “But don't you need to be on the other side of the stream to get there?”

Adam nodded. “Yes, but I can't swim in the stream the way it is now, and with this heavy backpack. I'm going to try getting across the human bridge without being noticed.”

“Oh, now that's going to be hard. Hmm.” She thought, then smiled. “But I do recall that the storm yesterday knocked one of the trees across the stream. You might be able to avoid the human bridge by crossing that.”

He lifted his front half up on hearing that. “Really? That'll be a great thing. Where is this tree?”

“Mmmm,” she twirled her paw in the air, then pointed further down the path. “Go that way until you find an oak tree with two trunks. Then head for the stream and it should be around there.”

“I see. Thank you, that helps a lot.” He smiled and made a quick bow of his lilypad.

“No trouble, Lombre,” the Nuzleaf said. Then she leapt up into the trees, laughing once she was into the leaves.

An oak with two trunks sounded easy enough to spot, as he couldn't think of seeing anything like that before. Adam walked along the path until he found it. Sometime long ago, something had slip this tree's trunk nearly down to the ground. Yet it lived and continued to grow, making it a tree with two trunks. There wasn't a footpath to the stream there, but the undergrowth didn't seem that bad here. Adam headed off the path and towards the stream.

The stream was gushing, frothy and muddy. Adam stood a distance away from its edge and looked around. On the other side, there was a splintered trunk of a tree that had been knocked over. However, the rest of the tree was nowhere to be seen. There was certainly no way across the stream from here.

“Maybe it got swept away,” he said. He headed back to the path, for smoother travel at least. But when he got there, the path seemed rougher than before. Looking down, he noticed that he had sticker seeds stuck all over his paws. Grumbling, Adam stopped a few minutes to try pulling them off, at least those he would step on. He didn't get them all by the time he decided that he really needed to be going.

Further down the path, he heard that flute music again. He found a Nuzleaf playing its leaf while leaning against a tree. Was it the same one, or another? He tried to walk by.

But the music stopped again. “What happened?” she asked. “Didn't you cross the stream?”

“The tree got swept away by the water,” he told her. “And I got sticker seeds all over my paws going that way, so I'm going to stick to the foot paths this time.”

“Oh, sorry,” she said. “I'm not watching the stream constantly, you know. Then how are you going to cross the human bridge safely? Maybe you need a disguise.”

“What do you mean by that?”

She picked up a stick that had some dried leaves on it. “You know, getting some branches and making yourself look like a bush. We hide best while in the bushes, right? So if you were to look like a bush, no one would look twice at you crossing the bridge.”

He considered it. “I wouldn't have thought of that. But, I'll see what it's like when I get there. Thanks for your advice.”

“No problem.” She then jumped back into the trees, laughing.

Adam continued on the Pokemon trails until he came to the area that the humans had cleared for their use. While he had thought about the Nuzleaf's disguise idea, he decided against it. It would only waste more time. He left the woods and started heading for the bridge.

Before long, there was a call from a human boy. “Hey look, it's a Lombre!”

He froze, but then the human girl with the boy said, “Wait, leave it alone. Can't you see his backpack? He's probably owned by somebody and was sent to go do something.”

“Huh, guess you're right,” the boy said.

Adam smiled as he started walking again. So there had been no need to worry. They could tell that he was doing something important. With the way clear, he headed across the bridge. It was a sturdy thing of stone; the storm yesterday didn't seem to leave a scratch on it.

On the other side of the bridge, he found an old human woman standing there with a wheelbarrow. Adam tried to walk past her, but then she came over. “Is that you, little Todd? You've had me waiting.”

“I'm no one you know,” Adam said, even though the human wouldn't understand him.

With his heavy backpack, he wasn't able to get away from her when she reached over and grabbed the handle of the pack. “And I think you've brought a little too much on this trip, dear. You're going to hurt your back with all that.” She started to pull it off; Adam tried to struggle away, bu that only let her get it off easier. She then headed back to the wheelbarrow to drop the backpack in it. “And just what have you been playing in? Your hands are filthy and slimy; I'm not seeing all that well, but I can sure feel them. Come along, there's things to be doing.” She then picked up the handles of her wheelbarrow and pushed it along.

Adam ran after her. “Hey, give me back my pack!” he said. “It's got important things in it I need to give my family back at the reed pond.”

“Speak clearer, dear,” the old woman said, not slowing even though she was on a small path in the woods now. “My hearing's not what it used to be and I can't pick out your mumbling. Oh, but listen to me complain. It's wonderful that you'd come to help your dear granny on such a nice day.”

“But...” Adam protested, then decided it wasn't worth it. He followed the old woman. While she was going the right way, he had no idea if she was going to the right place.

After some distance, they heard a flute playing. Or rather, a Nuzleaf... the Nuzleaf. She was sitting on a sign now. “You're no fun,” she said when they got closer. “You didn't even try to become a bush.”

“You've been giving me pretty rotten advice today, I think,” he said. “I was able to cross the bridge just fine, but then this old woman stole my pack.”

“It's not like I'm some Alakazam, Lombre,” the Nuzleaf said, hopping off the sign. “But if you want your pack back...”

“And just what are you doing here, missy?” the old woman said unexpectedly. She grabbed the Nuzleaf's nose and pulled her closer. “These woods are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You don't even have a Pokemon with you, do you? Just hanging out here and playing your little recorder.”

“Oooh, not the nose,” the Nuzleaf whined, her body going limp for some reason. “Let go of my nose. I won't bug you, just let go.”

The old woman did let go, but not before pushing her away. “Now get back home and don't waste time about it.”

“Ugh.” She leapt into the nearest tree. “And it's not a recorder, you foolish woman!” Then she took off.

“Um, do you know that I'm a Pokemon?” Adam asked, curious. Either this woman was really smart and tricky, or she was delusional.

“Don't worry abut it, Todd,” the old woman said. “You're just fine with me. Now let's get to that reed pond.”

Amazed at this strange person, Adam followed her all the way to the pond he had been born at. He was able to meet up with his family and give them the things to help them rebuild after the storm. Then, he followed the old woman back to the bridge, where she gave him his backpack back and told him to go on home too. Had she understood him? Or was it all a really strange coincidence?

Sapphire entry: Lombre's entire body is covered in a slippery, slimy film. It feels horribly unpleasant to be touched by this Pokemon's hands. Lombre is often mistaken for a human child.

Nuzleaf Emerald entry: A forest dwelling Pokemon that is skilled at climbing trees. Its long and pointed nose is its weak point. It loses power if the nose is gripped.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

A good story for spring! I liked Lombre's nagging little girlfriend. She as funny, and so was the old lady. However, I really can't tell if she understood him or not. We may never know...yeah, we'll probably never know. You also portrayed Nuzleaf perfectly too! I always imagined them as tricksters.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

That was funny! I knew nuzleaf wasnt giving good advice from the start!
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

As I said, this one was unexpectedly hard. And I had some other large projects to get done, but I've got the two biggest done, so I can spare more time for this. I've already got some ideas for the ones listed.

In process: Archeops
    On Deck: Tynamo, Latios, Tentacruel/Cleffa, Noctowl/Pidove

Yanmega and Oshawott

Patriotism was a very big deal. It was all over the place, that although their kingdom was made up of many kinds of Pokemon, they were all united in one land and it was a mon's duty to defend the homeland against the other kingdoms. While the other kingdoms were also inhabited by Pokemon, they were different, and worse. The others didn't do things right; they had no class or manners. Their kingdom was the best.

But there were times when all that talk about patriotism didn't seem right. There was when one ran into trouble and a Pokemon from another kingdom helped out without hesitation. And there were times when two Pokemon met and began talking, only to realize later that they belonged to different kingdoms. While they might be friends otherwise, patriotism insisted that they could not be. Then there were times like this.

Captain Wyrewing the Yanmega of the Dawn Guard was preparing his unit for battle. They were to take back a section of forest that a neighboring kingdom had stolen from them. At least, that was the official statement. Wyrewing had fought this battle before, though. He had fought it many times, as one side would claim that area of forest, and then the other side would claim it back. As for who it had originally belonged to, he had no idea. He just knew that the forest was a valuable resource, for its healing mineral waters and powerful herbs, berries, and other plants that grew there. He didn't see why they couldn't arrange a treaty to share it, but it wasn't his place to think on things like that. He was to protect his kingdom by continuing this battle.

For the most part, the strategy was familiar too, one that had worked well in the past that had been adapted so the enemy didn't guess it too soon. There was just one part of it that worried him. one important part of this plan was taking out the Pokemon who maintained a barrier around the enemy camp so that the greater part of the force could get to the enemy Pokemon faster, without fear of getting pinned in a bottleneck. Normally, this kind of role would go to a Dark or Ghost type that could sneak around easily. This time, the royal army's tactician had inexplicably set an Oshawott to this task.

After he had given out instructions to the rest of the unit, Wyrewing met with the Oshawott in private. “So who are you?” the Captain asked.

The Oshawott saluted. “I'm Shelby the Oshawott of the Castle Guard, sir. I got transferred here for the next month.”

“I know,” he said. “Odd to get a Castle Guard sent out here; the fights are different in this area. But you have to be good to get in there, so I'll trust you.”

“Thank you, sir.” Shelby paused. “I was a little concerned about getting sent out here. It's an area populated by a lot of Grass Pokemon.”

Wyrewing waved a pair of legs on his right side. “Not as much as there are Bugs like me out here. And the enemy tends to bring in Fire Pokemon here, so you'll be a help. You young or just unevolved?”

To his credit, he replied with no shame, “Just unevolved. I haven't been able to afford the time to get over to the evolution springs. But it's near here, so I might be able to; I wanted to before I got married.”

He chuckled. “Married, huh? You got a girl?”

Shelby smiled. “Yeah, I've got a wonderful girl, Emilia the Prinplup. I've known her for several years now.”

“That's sweet. But at this time, we need to focus on the battle yeah.”

“Yes sir,” he said, nodding.

Wyrewood then went into an explanation of his job. Shelby listened closely and didn't seem put off by what he was being asked to do. Still, the Yanmega felt that there could be trouble for him. “I'm going to fly you in and help you out,” he said, deciding to go against the established plan some. “I've got my assistant running the main attack force, so we'll work on making things easier on them.”

“I'll do my best, sir.”

Sometime later, the Dawn Guard was gathered outside, on the last preparations for the battle. Wyrewing spoke with his lieutenant, then went over to where Shelby was loading a modified handcart with a bomb. The cart had no wheels; instead, it had a frame that extended over it. The Yanmega landed on the top of the frame with his back pair of legs, bringing his tail wings up and buzzing to keep himself balanced there. “You figuring out how to connect it all?”

“Yes sir,” the Oshawott said. “Almost done. Can you handle the cart with me and the bomb in it?”

He laughed. “It's no trouble at all. Tell me when you're ready and I'll give the word to head out to everyone. Oh, and brace yourself; the draft of my wings gets pretty strong.”

Shelby took the yellow scalchop off his stomach and used it to cut off another length a rope to secure the bomb in place. It seemed pretty sharp based on how cleanly it cut the thick rope. Once they were certain that the weapon wouldn't slip off and explode early, Captain Wyrewing latched onto the cart's handle and took off carrying it into the air. The Oshawott hung onto a part of the frame to ride into position.

Deep into the forest, Wyrewing and Shelby were the first to come to the enemy camp. The Yanmega had been flying slower than usual, more to keep the noise down than any trouble in carrying the cart. He kept the cart bomb high, and tried to keep out of notice. If they were using the unit's own Ghost Type, a Misdrevous, she could have blending into the trees and the ground in order to get close, and to get out once things were done. The Oshawott stood out in the green and brown forest by being a light blue and white better suited for water camouflage. In the cart, he was observing the camp through a spyglass and watching the path the rest of the unit would be using. When he spotted them, Shelby waved the signal up to Wyrewing and put his spyglass in his bag. He then started work to trigger the bomb.

The enemy camp had barriers set up as expected; it was fairly standard procedure. But they only reached up so high, like a fence maintained through Psychic powers. Flying over that, Wyrewing made a quick look over the camp and decided to drop the bomb nearest to a tent set apart by the flags of the neighboring kingdom. That would be either their meeting place or the commander's tent. Very likely both too. Shelby leapt off of the cart as it was falling, then rolled onto his feet, snatched his scalchop, and attacked a Magmar that was there before he called further attention to them. Wyrewing then rammed into another soldier that was stunned at seeing them. A few extra seconds might not be much, but it might make a difference. The two then rushed away from the cart, towards the nearest barrier Pokemon.

And the cart bomb exploded, sending the enemy camp into chaos and giving Wyrewing and Shelby free attacks on the Bronzor they had singled out. Thus the battle over this patch of forest raged once again. This time, though, Wyrewing wanted to come out of it without any deaths on his side.

-+-

To Captain Wyrewing: that was a well-won battle you conducted, although I fear that using a cart bomb there may have been unwise. Such a thing may cause them the escalate their tactics next time; set up your station there to be as secure as possible. I must say that the plans you sent back were not the ones I would have written up. I was in the process of planning the battle when I heard that it had happened already. What you sent back is a copy of the plans from a couple years back in a similar scenario. I most certainly would not have put that Oshawott in the position of breaking the barrier. As you say, he may be an excellent fighter, but he is not naturally effective in that area.

I am uncertain of where those plans are from, but I have my suspicions. I'm not sure why it would be done that way, though. It all seems extreme. And yet, things have been uncertain back here in the castle. A number of people aren't happy with the new King; he's certainly not like his father. He isn't putting the right things into priority, such as how he seems to be pursuing a girl named Emilia. It is undecided what to do yet, but several people I know have been talking.

Hold the forest for now and secure your position. That should be enough. From Tadd.

Wyrewing reviewed the letter he'd gotten from the royal tactician. This certainly wasn't good. Feeling he ought to at least tell Tadd that Emilia was engaged to Shelby, he started writing a letter back. He was supposed to be doing as the King ordered. But then, he has sworn his loyalty to the kingdom, not necessarily to the king. Now how to do this without bringing harm to anyone else...

Oshawott White entry: The scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade.

Yanmega Heart Gold entry: This six-legged Pokemon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

I'm sorry my request was difficult, but at least the story came out well.

I am so naming an Oshawott Shelby at some point.

What a horrible king! xD

Nice job! I definitely didn't see that part in the end, with the prince going after Oshawotts' girl. Definitely a bad king! I'd like to see what Yanmega will do about it. Maybe it'll come back in another one shot.

EDIT: I just counted! You have 174 Pokemon left to do!
    Last edited by floracat; 31st March 2012 at 4:54 PM.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

I bet he sent Shelby out expecting him to die in the battle so the king can take his woman.

Or, am I reading too much into it?

Thumbs up New Here

Just finished reading thorugh a couple of these and I must say these are amazing.

Not really enough to make a serious comment but really the range of tone you display is quite baffling.

Also on side note: we have the same birthday (saw it on butterfree short)

also can I be added to the PM list?

This team dosen't lose

credit to*Hapuriainen for trainer creator

"when will man learn that people of all races are equally inferior to robots?" Bender

"Which is why Arceus created a universe with 3 states of matter and 300 soild & liquid poisons that could cause his symptoms" - Dr. Gregory House

@GroundBlaze: This is where I get to experiment, so I'm all over the place trying things out. Glad you like it!

On the last story, it has a Biblical basis, in a way.

Writing's been quite productive to me lately, unfortunately not for this project. But I did get a break today to write this. I wish I knew how to better transcribe the accent I have in my head, though. It'd be a great tribute piece.

In process: Tynamo
    On Deck: Latios, Tentacruel/Cleffa, Noctowl/Pidove

Archeops

A lot of the times that a Pokemon Hunter like myself is called on, it's to deal with local Pokemon who try to settle in communities where they disrupt normal life. But sometimes you get those cases where where a person releases a Pokemon in an area that the Pokemon doesn't belong to at all, which is often as bad on the Pokemon as the nearby residents. And then there was that trouble with the Archeops, where even I was caught unaware.

I got the call from an older woman who said that a colorful bird Pokemon was scaring her pets and breaking windows. From the initial description, I thought I was dealing with a Swellow, one that sometimes gets aggressive when it's taking care of young. So I go out there with my scouting Pokemon and some nets, thinking I'd check to see if it had any babies or eggs before attempting to move it.

After spending several minutes in the woods near the woman's home, checking for any nesting activity or lost feathers, I didn't see any signs I was expecting. There were footprints, but they weren't like any Flying type that I knew of, being a three-toed specimen with claws and a compact shape, more like a running foot than a flier's claw. There were also some claw marks in trees, as well as bones with teeth marks that didn't match local predators or scavengers. At that point, I knew I was dealing with a foreigner.

Then my scouts found it, and it was like no other Pokemon I had ever seen. This marvelous bird was covered in beautiful bright and fluffy plumage of blue and yellow, but it also had smaller head and tail feathers, looking more like a reptile's scales than an avian's feathers. Standing up to my chest height, it didn't seem certain what to make of me or my scouts. It puffed up its chest and held its wings up to emphasize its size, showing that it did not like threats to its dominant position.

At that point, I had no idea what kind of Pokemon I was dealing with, something that doesn't happen to me a much. I decided to be cautious and back off, but not before getting a picture of it to help identify it. After telling my scout Pokemon to back off slowly, I took a few steps back myself before reaching for my camera in my vest pocket. The strange bird protested that move with a squawk, lowering its head and leaning forward. I was worried that it meant to attack, but I still needed that picture, so I got my camera out and held it low. Once I could see the bright colors of the Pokemon on the viewscreen, I took the picture.

The camera flashed and the strange Pokemon screeched in response. Then it sprinted right by me, close enough that I could feel the air being displaced. And you would not believe how fast that critter could run! Seriously, it was there ten feet in front of me, and then it was all the way across the large field, as fast as a hot rod. I could tell that I wasn't going to be getting that one in a net.

I let the Pokemon be for that day, instead contacting friends who might be able to identify this bird. The usual bird experts didn't know what it was either, but after several hours, I did manage to get a positive identification from a fossil expert. This was an Archeops, which lived millions of years ago. And according to fossil dating technology, it is most famed for being the first recognized bird Pokemon in existence. It was also the secondary form of this Pokemon, as all revival attempts had come up with the Archen.

With that information, I knew it had to be a Pokemon released by a Trainer. And being an ancient Pokemon, there was no way I could let it remain loose in the wild. Most modern Pokemon can adapt and blend into a new environment, but Pokemon from ancient fossils do not integrate well and tend to upset the balance in the ecosystem. I went back to the scene with Pokemon to assist in capturing as well as a number of Ultra Balls.

It was quite a struggle, getting that Archeops. Any time I managed to flush it out, it preferred to run both away and closer to me, threatening me that way. And it was a powerful critter, knocking out my team one by one even though they were experienced and well-trained Pokemon. It even made moves to attack me, being from before a time when humans existed in this world. My Pokemon managed to deflect the blows and keep serious damage from me, for which I'm always grateful.

Finally, my Pokemon managed to get several hits in, weakening it considerably. And then the most peculiar thing happened. This predatory Pokemon, which so far had acted in a proud and aggressive manner, just gave up. It lowered its stance and acted much meeker, squawking in a pitiful tone. When it became apparent that we were going to capture it, it ran a few steps and attempted to fly away. It was much slower in the air, so I was able to throw an Ultra Ball after it and capture it easily.

Since it was an ancient Pokemon, I kept hold of the Archeops until I could pass it over to a caretaker I trusted to keep it. As revivable Archen fossils are unusual, we were able to track down the original Trainer and press charges for that irresponsible behavior. You should always respect any Pokemon that you capture, but when it comes to Pokemon fossils, you must acknowledge that bringing them back to life is a lifetime commitment as they should not be released into the wild.

Archeops White entry: It runs better than it flies. It catches prey by running at speeds comparable to those of an automobile.

Great story! I love ancient pokemon. It was a little short, but eh thats ok.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

Pretty good. I can absolutely see a trainer doing this. They release Pokemon all the time, AND in dangerous places. Having a trainer being pressed charges for improper realease is very realistic. I saw this in your Treecko story, which is one of my favorites.

Oh, and can you do a Sceptile/Marshstomp story?

Great story, albeit a little short. I always get excited for Fossil Pokemon, and Archeops is my favourite except for Omastar. Oh, and could you do a Whimsicott/Tirtouga story? That's one I would like to see, since I doubt even an expert writer like you can pull it off. No offense though. I mean, I wasn't trying to dis your writing in the first place! I mean, it's not like I don't want you to do it, I'm just saying it'll be hard! I mean, not that I doubt your writing skills or anything! I'll just stop talking now...
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

For this story, I wanted to experiment with a certain personality type. It's a little more disturbing and violent than usual, so be warned. Short again, but really, it gets its job done and that's what matters.

@Z-nogyroP: Oh, I will definitely give that one a try. But the difficulty of combos is hard to judge until I actually start them.

In process: Latios
    On Deck: Tentacruel/Cleffa, Noctowl/Pidove, Sceptile/Marshtomp, Whimsicott/Tirtouga

Tynamo

If he didn't know better, he'd swear that he was underwater. He was in a strange cave where the walls were blue and the floors were covered in gray sand. Ahead of him, there was a giant glowing crystal, shimmering with power. And not too far away, there was a small school of fish-like Pokemon, small white and yellow eels that didn't seem in any hurry to get anywhere. However, there was no water here. The air was dry, dense with a static energy that tingled his skin and frizzed his blue hair. This was Chargestone Cavern, a place where electricity seemed to naturally build and store itself.

It wasn't a popular place, due to the high amount of electrical charge around. People who had to come through here to get between Driftveil and Mistralton usually kept on the upper levels, crossing the wooden bridge that had been made between the entrance and exit areas. Because of this, he could hide out easily in this place. Wait out down here until all the excitement passed, then go back to finish things up. This place was a good enough hideout that he considered doing his next job in Mistralton.

One of the Tynamo fell out of its school and swam through the air to investigate him. He quickly flicked out his knife and slashed at the creature. Pokemon really were a bothersome bunch and those that might have been useful to his plans complicated things by messing up or required too many resources to make into a good partner. The Tynamo squealed and tried to sap him. However, that caused nothing more than a tiny shock and one singed hair.

Still, he objected to any inconvenience. He picked the injured Tynamo up, noticing that the other three had stopped. He didn't care about them, though. “You need to learn your place. You're nothing but an insignificant animal. Now tell the others to stay out of my way.”

The white eel squirmed about in his hand, trying to escape. After watching it in mild amusement for a moment, he flung it into the crystal. The other three Tynamos tried to charge at him, but when he nicked one of their tails, they swam off to the crystal where their injured member was.

“Hmph.” He walked off, keeping his knife out. It wasn't even any fun anymore, reminding Pokemon that it was humans who ruled the world, not them. He used to torment them a lot when he was a kid. But even when he sent one of the smaller crystals flying at the large one, to cause them to split apart in fleeing, it held no thrill. It was just the same old fear of lesser beings. These days, he preferred more powerful Pokemon to mess with, or other humans. They gave a much more satisfying response.

He went down the ramp that led to the lower levels, to where he had made his hideout. It was a hole in the wall that led to a small room, where he had built up a good amount of supplies. Over in one corner, there was a generator made for places like this, as well as a static dampener to reduce the chances of sparks in this room. The dampener allowed him to have a television there, as well as other electrical and computer equipment, without worrying about ruining it. A card table and a couch that converted to a bed gave him all he needed for a safe place to fall back on.

He set about to counting the money and tallying his score.

Several hours later, he heard a snap. Then a pop. When he looked, the dampener tipped over, a thin stream of smoke coming from the cracks. Next to it, there were three Tynamos, including one with a cut fin. That infuriated him. He had been in and out of this cave for months now, preparing. They should know better. Grabbing his knife, he ran after them.

The Tynamos fled out onto the main pathways. “You should know better than to mess with me!” he shouted, pursuing them. “You should accept my dominance and leave me alone.”

That did not stop them. They swam back up the ramp and he continued to give chase. Up there, a number of the levitating crystals had been moved to block off passages. But he didn't notice. They had ruined his hide-out; they had made it harder for him to watch the fallout of his latest plans. And they mocked him by doing so as lowly first-form Pokemon! He might have playfully tolerated a powerful Pokemon doing that, while making plans to humiliate it. But this required immediate termination.

By the time they led him to the bridge, his reason had managed to shout loud enough to alert him to his situation. A few of his steps echoed woodenly into the air before he stopped. At least that one would be easy to pick out and get revenge on. Being up here on the public walkway was taking a risk of someone seeing him like this. And silencing that person would make things messier.

He turned to head back, but a rising hiss blocked his way. Behind him, there were dozens of Tynamos, keeping so close together that they became one shimmering white mass. He only sneered. “So you had to gang up on me to stand a chance, huh?” he dared them. “I've taken out many of you. You ought to know better than to mess with me.”

But his only weapon at the moment was the knife. He'd need something larger to take care of them, larger with more spread. He turned back around and started to head across the bridge. But on the other side, there was another white mass of Tynamos. What did they think they were up to? He was the ultimate predator among humans. The ultimate monster. They didn't stand a chance.

But when the positive and negative charges built up strong enough, he was the one who didn't stand a chance in the face of an indoor lightning bolt.

Notice: The shortcut bridge inside Chargestone Cavern has collapsed, apparently due to a massive discharge of electricity. One person died as a result of the accident; the remains are being examined for identification. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes travelers, but rebuilding a bridge is unlikely to happen within the next few months.

Black entry: While one alone doesn’t have much power, a chain of many Tynamo can be as powerful as lightning.

Oh gosh, that was violent(well, not like as in blood or anything, but still). It was really good though, especially how the Tynamo worked together to defeat the man(although killing him may have gone a bit too far). Based on the info we got on the man, can I assume he was a con man, or a wanted criminal? Just a guess. Oh and one more thing. At some point in the story you wrote "sap" instead of "zap".
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 26th April 2012 at 10:32 AM.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

THAT WAS EPIC! I always hated people who thought they were more superior than Pokemon. I mean, come on! They can shoot beams, lasers, have giant claws, etc. It was very nice to see that guy get his butt kicked. What I liked is how you portrayed this villain fantastically. I can imagine a guy like him getting angry about being beaten by some weak Pokemon. Yet they still kicked his butt! I loved it!

That guy was meant to be a psychopathic serial killer, actually. Without actually mentioning his murders. It was interesting to consider that within such a short framework.

And for this entry, I'm inspired by Shakespeare! lol... oh yes, and the evolution of one of my favorites marks the 475th Pokemon covered!

In process: Tentacruel/Cleffa
    On Deck: Noctowl/Pidove, Sceptile/Marshtomp, Whimsicott/Tirtouga

Latios and Loudred

A lot of people spoke of having a dream that guided their way through life. Maybe it was to become a Pokemon Master, maybe it was to become famous, maybe it was to help a certain Pokemon gain popularity. His dream started when he was a young child, at an outdoors production of A Midsummer's Night Dream. At first, he'd been interested in all the costumes and the fighting that was supposed to happen. But he didn't fully understand the Elizabethan speech at the time and so the play eventually lost his interest.

While his eyes were wandering around the dressed up crowd and the trees surrounding them, he spotted a glint of white in the trees, something that didn't quite belong. He made sure that his parents weren't paying attention to him, then slipped out of the row to see what that was. The people he had to pass were engrossed in the play, so the small boy going by didn't get much heed. He passed under the raised boxes where people could pay more money for a better seat, and got into the trees. Then, he looked up and searched for what he had seen.

And it didn't take long for him to spot it. It was a Pokemon, but such a strange one. About the size of his father, the white and blue dragon was perched in a sturdy tree, also watching the play. It wasn't like any Pokemon he had seen before, in person or in picture books. Fascinated by it, he climbed up the tree the Pokemon was in and came out to him.

The dragon noticed him and gave a soft coo, as if warning him to be careful. The boy got onto a branch next to the Pokemon's and smiled at it. “Whatcha doing?”

For an answer, it looked back to the stage. They had a good view of the play from here; the actors' voices also carried even up to here. The boy went back to watching the play, but this time, the dragon spoke to him without speaking, just words that came into his head. In this way, it interpreted the strange speech and told him what was going on.

When the play was over, the dragon waited until the boy was safely back on the ground, then took off into the air and flew away. And thus a dream was born in the boy's heart, to see that dragon once again.

-+-

It was many years after that play and the boy was a young man. Adrian was in college now, studying Shakespeare and stage productions. Although he knew the language enough that he could speak it well himself, he didn't have an interest in acting. Some of his friends and professors thought he could do well, but that wasn't the point. If he was acting in a play, then he wouldn't get to see if that dragon came by to watch again. Instead, he wanted to direct. Be on a stage crew at the very least, he thought, so that he could help make a good show while keeping an eye out for his dream.

But right now, he was dealing with a different problem. His acting club was getting into a competition with other school organizations, a test to see how well they could work with their Pokemon to get through a forest hike and obstacle course. For that event, he needed to do some more training with his team to help out the club.

Especially with his Loudred. “Okay buddy, Roar.”

The stocky blue Pokemon looked up at him and blinked.

“Use Roar,” Adrian repeated. It was a move he knew Loudred could use, but they hadn't quite worked out the command for it.

Smiling at that, Loudred turned to his current foe, a Linoone, and began stamping his feet. The Trainer put his hands over his ears as the Pokemon took a deep breath. Then Loudred opened his mouth to about half of his own size and let loose a high-pitched high-volume Screech. After shuddering, the Linoone tackled him.

“Not Screech,” Adrian said, dropping his hands.

Loudred didn't even look at him. Oh right, he had trouble hearing after one of his louder moves (and everything else in the immediate vicinity also had trouble hearing). Loudred just shoved the Linoone onto the ground.

“Not Screech,” he said when he felt Loudred could hear again. “Use Roar. You know, when you bellowed earlier today and every other Pokemon bolted from the area.” That would be very useful in the competition.

But while the white dragon had understood humans, he had learned that other Pokemon didn't understand as well. They could understand spoken commands, but only a few. Such commands. It was estimated that most Pokemon could learn three to five command words at a time, and that they could learn their particular name as well as a few other commonly used words like 'food' or 'bed'. Because of this, he had seen Loudred use the move Roar several times previously, but getting him to learn the command was important. Once he'd gotten that, Adrian would then have to review the commands for the other moves he wanted Loudred to remember.

After thinking about it, Loudred began stomping his feet on the ground again, taking a deep breath. But this time, he just bellowed at the Linoone, putting no power behind the sound. The wild Pokemon tackled him again, causing Adrian to get out a Super Potion to keep Loudred from fainting.

But as he was spraying the potion over Loudred's body, something was flushed out of the bushes. All three of them, Loudred, the Linoone, and Adrian, paused as a magnificent white dragon came into the forest opening. Although it didn't seem as large as he remembered (probably as he wasn't as small as before), Adrian knew immediately that it was his dream Pokemon once again. But, here? Not at a play, just out in a forest? At random?

Although unexpected, he now knew what to call it. “Latios,” he said, feeling his heart beat strongly in awe. “I hoped I could see you again. Do you remember me?”

Latios gave a cheerful call and an image came to Adrian's mind. He didn't recognize it at first, the boy dressed up nicely but sitting on a branch in a tree. Before long, he knew it was because of perception again; it was himself, back at that play. Adrian smiled. Of course a Pokemon that could interpret Shakespeare would be able to remember something like that.

Then he got another image in his mind, but this time it was like text in a book. “Third time's the charm.” Then Latios gave another call.

At that, Loudred came alert, then grinned widely and stamped his feet. Adrian noticed the thumping in time to get his hands over his ears just before his Pokemon let loose a powerful bellow that was the true Roar. The Linoone got spooked and fled, along with all its neighbors in the forest opening. Along with Latios, who flew off into the sky like a shooting star in reverse.

Still, he had seen the dragon again. His heart was pounding, although he didn't know if it was from the unexpected sighting or from the force of the sound waves of Loudred's attack. And, did that phrase hint at a possible third meeting with Latios, where he might be able to capture his dream Pokemon.

Or did it have to do with Loudred? Adrian looked down at his Pokemon, who looked immensely pleased with himself. He snapped his fingers until Loudred's hearing was back enough to notice. “That is what I mean when I say to use Roar. Good job.”

Loudred began stamping his feet and used Roar once again. Well, he did know the command now...

Ruby entry: Latios has the ability to make its foe see an image of what it has seen or imagines in its head. This Pokemon is intelligent and understands human speech.

Sapphire entry: Loudred shouts while stamping its feet. After it finishing shouting, this Pokemon becomes incapable of hearing anything for a while. This is considered to be a weak point.

I'll read that when I get home. =)
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

Very good! I liked how you showed Latios's intelligence. Pokemon can be very smart. And I liked how Loudred kept making himself deaf. I always wondered how the Pokemon themselves stood up against their own attacks.

Yay. I hope Adrian catches latios. Its my favorite roaming legendary.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

Nice story, and it's interesting how some Pokemon don't understand human speech. From the anime, I assumed they all do. Oh, and I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I'm going to ask for a Zweilous/Ferrothorn story(by that, I mean if I can ask for two stories at once).

You can ask for whatever requests whenever, just so long as it hasn't yet been covered. Just know that it usually goes on the end of my list, so you'll have to be patient for it to show.

Edit: I'm going to have to break up the index soon; the first post is too long! And this should get the 'this may disturb or horrify you' warning label.

In process: Noctowl/Pidove
    On Deck: Sceptile/Marshtomp, Whimsicott/Tirtouga, Zweilous/Ferrothorn

Cleffa and Tentacruel

It was late one night and they were at the beach, talking. The two young sweethearts weren't keen on going back home, as they would be nagged and scolded for having been out so late. So they kept putting off going back home further and further, preferring each other's company. And if people wanted to gossip about them being improper, let them gossip. The two did not care what 'they' thought, as long as they had each other.

The teen boy pointed up into the star filled sky. “Look, a shooting star.”

Seeing the thin streak of light, the teen girl thought of teasing him that she had nothing to wish for, as he was there by his side. But this star did not fade out as rapidly as normal. This star descended, then curved around into a wide spiral. It grew brighter and more yellow as it approached. And then, when it was only a few feet above their heads, the star turned out to be an almost cartoony thing, a glowing sunny yellow five pointed star. On top of the star, riding it down like a surfboard, there was a little pink Pokemon with triangular ears and a cartoony-star look itself. It bubbled with laughter as it passed by them, zipping out over the ocean and eventually plunging down into the water.

The boy got up and stared at the spot. “That was a Cleffa.” He smiled. “I guess they really do ride on stars.”

“Wow, it was so adorable,” the girl said, clasping her hands together. “I love them. But, I'm not sure if they can swim.”

“Do you think it's in trouble?” the boy asked. For her, he'd go out into the water after it.

“We still have our snorkels,” she said, grabbing them out of the bag. “Let's go look for it.”

They put on the masks as they ran for the water's edge, plunging right in. The Cleffa and its star had fallen in a short distance away, where the waters were about fifteen feet deep. Although it was nighttime, the moon was bright and the waters here were often clear. They soon spotted the yellow glow of the star moving underwater. However, there was no splashing or thrashing in the water to indicate that there was trouble.

At least, not until the boy was pulled down into the water without warning. The girl shouted his name and started to dive down after him. But then the water itself grabbed hold of her and pulled her down too. Something slick and smooth wrapped around her body like a rope, getting a better hold on her. But she couldn't see a thing beyond the moonlit water, even when it brushed across her face and ripped off the snorkel. Afraid of drowning, she wished that she could at least see her sweetheart directly before they died.

But she didn't die. Strangely, the water stopped right at her nose and mouth, as she wasn't having any trouble breathing. Ahead of her, the yellow star weaved around, spreading its light further and further. She could see the Cleffa riding it, unafraid and heading to something important. And she could see her boyfriend too, looking around wide-eyed and confused, as she felt.

“What's going on?” she asked, still not drowning.

“I don't know,” he said. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah. You?”

“Fine, expect I can't move.”

“Me either.”

And they kept getting pulled further away from shore, deeper into the water. The star slowed down or they sped up, as they came quite close to the Cleffa. With the strange light around them, they could see now that it was an unusual specimen, with a shimmery pearl pink body and blue-green ears. It looked at them with sparkling black eyes, ones that seemed to hold a piece of the cosmos within them. It smiled at them, singing parts of a strange melody. But something about it, maybe it being in this strange situation, was deeply unsettling to both teenagers.

After some more time of being dragged down, they finally saw what had captured them: a pair of Tentacruels, glistening gelatinous purple masses with harsh eyes and close to a hundred tentacles. There were several more Tentacruels there, pacing about like guards. Their two captors stretched out more of their limbs, to loosen their hold on the captives but still render it impossible for them to escape. The teenagers were set down on next to each other on a stone platform.

The Cleffa glided along on its star, eventually coming to a pillar and stopping. It hopped off to stand there, looking at them. Although they were under the ocean waves, this place seemed to have been constructed for a purpose. There were five monolithic stones at five points of a star-like floor, all of it smooth black stone. The monoliths had strange carvings on them, in a language and alphabet the teens didn't recognize. So did the floor, and the pillar the Cleffa stood on, and the platform they were on. Their platform was like a bench.

“Look at this!” the boy said, pointing at the surface of the bench in horror. There was a carving there of humans sacrificing other humans at this site, offering the victim's heart to something that had been chipped away from the bench. And in another place, another chipped out image showed something spreading pain and fear through the population.

Over on its pillar, the Cleffa laughed cheerily, its eyes hinting at unfathomable thoughts.

In the morning, the two teenagers were found ritualistically killed on the beach. Their bodies were mere husks of skin and bone. Most people couldn't understand why they had died, but the old folks knew that an unspeakable evil had returned.

Tentacruel Heart Gold entry: Its 80 tentacles absorb water and stretch almost endlessly to constrict its prey and enemies.

Cleffa Platinum entry: It is often seen when shooting stars fill the night skies. It’s said to arrive riding a shooting star.

What's with me having Pokemon kill humans lately? Cleffulu was an irresistible idea.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 4th May 2012 at 11:02 PM.

<_< This was worse than the Tynamo one...

At least the guy in the Tynamo one deserved it.

That was so creepy! I thought that the Cleffa had spared them, because she wished to see her beloved before she died. But no. They were sacrificed! That was really good and surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    <_< This was worse than the Tynamo one...

At least the guy in the Tynamo one deserved it.
    Sorry Ysavvryl, I have to agree. Death isnt something I take lightly...
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast