Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1436

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

I found the Braviary/Rufflet entry funny! I just love N! He's so sweet and innocent, but the way that Braviary talked was just so funny. Like an old man telling a very long story that he's told a million times before, but still loves said story. I dunno, did that make sense?

I like Cherenkov a lot less than I do N, and for that reason. He's too serious and strict. I kinda felt sorry for Shadeclaw, but the whole scene with the glasses was funny!

Oh, and congratulations on 500 Pokemon done! It takes a lot of work to get that far, and to do an entertaining drabble every time! I give you props dude! Might as well help you with the starters. Can you do a Prinplup/Pignite? After that, there are no more starters I think!
    Last edited by floracat; 29th June 2012 at 4:47 AM.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Wow, Purrloin/Liepard was awesome. And for the record, I KNEW you wouldn't use Priscilla. I knew you'd use Cheren's Liepard, because I remember the scene where Hilda was talking to Cheren and he had a Tranquill and Liepard. I'd also like to request a Reuniclus/Slowbro story, because they're both Psychic-types but they're so different.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 5th July 2012 at 8:07 PM.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

I shall request a Pinsir/Nosepass story.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Mid-year Review

500/649 77%

BY GENERATION:

R/B/G/Y: 137/151 90.7%
    G/S/C: 84/100 84%
    R/S/E: 117/135 86.7%
    D/P/P: 90/107 84.1%
    B/W: 71/156 78 45.5%
    + Missingno

BY TYPE:

Water: 82/111 73.9%
    Normal: 76/96 79.2%
    Flying: 66/82 80.5%
    Grass: 63/76 82.9%
    Psychic: 52/67 77.6%
    Poison: 46/57 80.7%
    Bug: 46/62 74.2%
    Ground: 43/58 74.1%
    Fire: 37/49 75.5%
    Rock: 34/46 73.9%
    Dark: 31/39 79.5%
    Electric: 30/38 78.9%
    Fight: 29/42 69%
    Steel: 27/37 73%
    Ice: 26/31 83.9%
    Ghost: 23/27 85.2%
    Dragon: 23/29 79.3%
    Special: 2/2

BY SPECIAL TYPE

Starter: 43/45
    Blastoise, Charmeleon, Quilava, Torterra, Chikorita, Feraligator, Torchic, Turtwig, Mudkip, Totodile, Croconaw, Squirtle, Grotle, Treecko, Meganium, Typhlosion, Cyndaquil, Charizard, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Blaziken, Piplup, Empoleon, Chimchar, Charmander, Venusaur, Wartortle, Swampert, Infernape, Grovyle, Combusken, Snivy, Samurott, Dewott, Monferno, Serperior, Emboar, Servine, Oshawott, Sceptile, Marshtomp, Tepig

Legend: 36/47
    Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Shaymin, Manaphy, Giratina, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Mew, Arceus, Uxie, Azelf, Mespirit, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Latias, Ho-oh, Lugia, Meloetta, Genesect, Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios, Regigigas

???/Shadow: 1
    Mankey

Shiny: 8
    Magikarp, Sunflora/Sunkern, Fearow, Gyarados, Stantler, Glameow, Yamask, Cleffa

Fossil: 13/17
    Aerodactyl, Cradily, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Rampardos, Lileep, Kabutops, Armaldo, Carracosta, Omastar, Archeops, Tirtouga, Archen

Guests: 13
    JammyU, Kutie Pie, darkdragontamer (2), #Chimecho# (2), elrade, shiningsloth13 (2), Gelatino
    Regigigas, Staryu, Starmie, Bannette, Sandshrew, Ponyta, Barboach, Swellow, Absol, Kadabra, Lucario, Arceus, Darkrai, Bastiodon, Anorith, Golem (not counted in other totals), Vanilluxe

HUMANS (this category may be off; I don’t track them as closely)

In-game Trainers
    Bug Catcher, Channeler, Lass, Battle Girl, Fisherman, Ninja Boy, Campers, Hiker, Teacher, Scientist, Swimmer, School Kid (male and female), Veteran, Reporter, Cameraman, Ace Trainer (female)

In-game Characters
    Bruno, Steven, Giovanni, Silver, Professor Elm (2), Brawly, Lt. Surge, Gary Oak/Red (2), Koga, Janine, Professor Rowan (2), Lucas (2), Aaron, Blue, Professor Oak, Warden Slowpoke, Sabrina, Erica, Misty, Daycare lady, Daycare man, Blaine, Bianca, Hilbert, Elesa, N, Cheren

Other Characters
    Ashton (Star Ocean 2), Mindy (Animaniacs), Tom and Huck (M. Twain), Sinbad (Arabian Nights), Rosa (Little Red Riding Hood), Kirby

Thoughts

I didn't have to move many type categories around to put them in order this time. They're starting to fall where they should, with a few exceptions. Poor Fight is the only type category under 70%, but it only needs one more entry to push it over that percentage (and with Pignite now on request, it'll do that). Ghost and Ice are ahead, although that's understandable; Ice becomes popular around winter and Ghost is popular overall. Water, Rock, and Steel are lagging a bit, but Water just has so many.

With requests, the starter category will be finished soon. The fossil group really doesn't need much more and I plan on covering two for the anniversary. Legendary Pokemon is over three-quarters done; it's mostly Unova legends missing. And Kanto looks closest to completion... it is, but other than Unova, the regions are all lacking less than twenty Pokemon.

It's pretty exciting to see so many close to being done!
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Congrats, Ysavvryl! I'm glad you're almost finished, and you're right, Ghost is ahead due to how few there are. I calculated it, and if Unova didn't exist, you'd only need 55 more Pokemon! Pretty good.

I noticed a small error, though; you said Anorith was done in the guest entries, but it was actually Armaldo. I remember, I loved that one. It also prompted you to do Cradily. "Doesn't he live in Johto?" LOL

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

This is sort of inspired by the weather here right now (103 F, according to our gauge that's in the shade).

In process: Emolga
    On Deck: Slowpoke/Clefable, Jumpluff/Klinklang/Gulpin, Prinplup/Pignite, Reuniclus/Slowbro, Pinsir/Nosepass

Gigalith

The sun was high overhead, a blazing yellow spot that spread its bright rays everywhere. The air was dusty and hot, stifling to those not used to it. Ahead and behind them, there was a long gravel-strewn road, winding around this arid rocky landscape going somewhere. The bushes scattered about were thorny; the trees were tough, what few there were. Hills and mountains surrounded them, not the tallest ones they had seen, definitely not. With the drone of cicadas and flies filling the air, it already seemed like a long trip.

Long enough that the human of the pair had started feeling faint from the heat. A while back, they had stopped to let him recover. Gigalith had stayed still so that the boy, Black, could sit in his shadow, drinking water, ignoring the flies, and trying to get his strength back. But he'd insisted that they had to keep going; they had to be at a town somewhere along this road today. Black had said it was some distance to go, although the measurement didn't mean anything to Gigalith. It took him not moving and crouching down to get the message across that he'd carry Black the rest of the way, to make sure he didn't collapse.

That had been, what, an hour ago? Maybe that was right. Gigalith was pacing himself, pausing occasionally in the shadows of trees and boulders, puffing away flies that buzzed around his face. On his back, Black had found a place to settle himself in with an umbrella to keep the sun off him. He had napped for a little bit, but electronic sounds indicated he was trying to work with one of his devices. Gigalith was a dark blue, but he was able to regulate his temperature with the red crystals growing inside and outside him. With this, he tried to pull heat energy away from where Black was, to keep him cool. He had to store it by stuffing the heat into some of his lower crystals. If he got picked for battle later, he'd certainly have enough energy to blow away his opponents.

“Guh, should've flown there,” Black muttered. “I wonder where Zekrom has gotten off to.” He paused, during which Gigalith glanced up at the skies. The legendary black dragon should be obvious, but he wasn't in view currently. “Eh, I'm sure she'll show up if she gets worried. Still feels weird; I don't really want to command a Pokemon like that. Just doesn't seem right. Oh, you doing okay Gigalith? Hold up a moment and I'll get you some water too.”

Gigalith quickened his steps, keeping Black from sliding off until they were in the shade of a lone tree. Even it was looking hot and worn out from the heat wave. Black sat in front of him, holding a water bottle and cupping his hand under it to help Gigalith get a drink; these things weren't designed for a Pokemon like him to drink directly from. Normally, he didn't need a lot of water. But normally, his kind lived in caves, underground. He could withstand this bright heat better than a human, yes, but the water was a welcome refreshment. Black even offered him a couple of Lava Cookies as a treat, or maybe thanks for taking over the walking.

After that, Black stayed there in the shade a bit longer, quiet. His skin was pinker than usual, glossy with sweat. Even though he hadn't been walking, he still looked tired. The flies buzzed around him; a fat black one even landed on the boy's ear, but Black didn't react. Gigalith blew at it, getting it to fly away. Dumb little insects, they shouldn't be making this worse for his boy.

“We better keep going, get this over with,” he finally said, getting up to get back on Gigalith's back. The Pokemon waited patiently while he did so. Right in front of him, the large black fly flew around. But it was a little thing, just an annoyance.

When Black patted his back, Gigalith went back out into the sun to start walking along the gravel road again. They hadn't encountered any other humans; they were probably keeping indoors, in the cool. Most of the Pokemon were keeping out of the heat too, although the flies kept buzzing around him. Especially that big fat one. It flew right in front of his eyes at one point. Huffing in annoyance, Gigalith kept moving on.

The computer noises started back up, but it sounded like the Pokedex this time. “I've got to think of something to write about you in the Gigalith entry,” Black said. “It hasn't gotten covered yet.”

Bzzz bzzz bzzz. The fat fly stayed right near him, buzzing close to his ear holes and momentarily seeming louder than even the cicadas. Puffing it away, Gigalith figured that it was better the fly was bugging him rather than Black.

“Gigalith may seem rough, but it makes for a surprisingly gentle ride over bad terrain,” Black thought aloud. “Nah, it might just be you. A different natured Gigalith might not be willing to carry someone.”

It flew by his eyes again. What was with these flies? Gigalith didn't have anything that would be interesting to the bugs. And really, they weren't even Bugs like the Whirlipedes and Sewaddles. The flies were insects, below Pokemon. They were prey, that is, if one were a bug-eating Pokemon. Gigalith preferred minerals, maybe even this gravel he was walking over. So he didn't need to bother paying attention to the fly. Gigalith quickened his pace, hoping to outwalk the fly.

Black was still talking to himself. “Their crystal growths become more prominent and... no, that's dull. Man, some of these are easy, and other ones I have no idea what to suggest. And Cheren seems to come up with all the cool ones. Maybe I should ask some others about behaviors or quirks... but I can't recall many trainers with a Gigalith.”

At that point, the fat black fly landed on Gigalith, right between his eyes. He could see it there, rubbing its forelegs together and brushing its head like it didn't have a care. He didn't mind carrying Black; he was as powerful as he was thanks to Black, and the boy had always made him feel special. But he wasn't going to carry some deadbeat annoying fly as well. He wasn't even going to let it bug him anymore. Gigalith puffed at it until it flew off, but he gathered energy inside his most powerful crystal. After all, he had plenty of heat energy to drain from himself and the air around him.

“The crystals seem to be connected to their power source...” Black paused. “Gigalith? What are you doing?”

He slowed, watching the fly and continuing to gather energy, condensing it further into fewer crystals, then transferring that into an attack. Once the fly was in a good spot, Gigalith opened up his mouth and fired a concentrated beam at it. The attack flew on, straight into the earth of a mountain a hundred yards away (if his guess at human measurements was right). With all the heat energy that he'd stored up trying to keep Black cool, there was soon a massive hole straight through the face of the mountain.

For a moment, everything was still. Then the cracking began, enormous fractures of earth and rock made by the sudden lack of support through the center. The mountain then collapsed, sending up a huge cloud of dust that rolled over them like a wave. The noise from it was tremendous, the loudest rock slide Gigalith had ever witnessed. When the air cleared, the small mountain had become a large hill of rubble.

There were also the non-existent remains of one very dead fly.

Gigalith Black entry: Compressing the energy from its internal core lets it fire off an attack capable of blowing away a mountain.

(Not that I know this from personal experience.)

(*sweatdrop*)

(Sorry, Professor.)
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

And, once again, Ysavvryl has made destroying a mountain because of a fly seem completely normal. I like what you did there, with him writing the entries. And it makes sense: if the dexes already had all the info, remind me why would we need to catch all the Pokemon?

On a completely unrelated note, I recently captured Uxie in my Platinum, and because I blanked on a nickname(I was thinking Shakespeare, but that doesn't fit), I named it after you. That cool with you?

EDIT: Shoot, forgot to ask. If I hadn't suggested a CS reference, would you still have written that for Purrloin/Liepard?
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 11th July 2012 at 4:53 PM.

Well, I've been trying to read ALL of your stories. I've been kinda busy at the moment, so in the four days I've been camping, I've only read about 250. I'm in need to read more, but Pure White has been a distraction as well.

I make tons of references. If you can spot any of them, please tell me and you'll get pie! Now you'll have to pay for the pie, but it's pie nevertheless.

Spoiler:- Credits.:

Proof if it was ever needed that there is no kill like overkill.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Yay, I have an Uxie named after me! That's cool. And I planned on using Shadeclaw for that entry whatever happened, since it was both of the line.

@Eeveeon: Hah, good luck on reading it all. I know it's a lot of material. have fun camping (though it doesn't seem much like camping if you have internet access...)

So, it's been four years now that POS has been running. And according to the FFnet data, it's nearly half a million words long. Might as well finish it off, right?

In process: Emolga
    On Deck: Slowpoke/Clefable, Jumpluff/Klinklang/Gulpin, Prinplup/Pignite, Reuniclus/Slowbro, Pinsir/Nosepass

Omanyte and Kabuto

The Sinnoh Underground was a maze of tunnels, well lit and well traveled. At first, it was simply a connection of distant caves, naturally occurring at many points. Then people began to mine in those caves, following veins of precious materials until they connected to other caves. After a few centuries, it had turned into a subterranean passageway network, allowing some people with good digging Pokemon to move from town to town without touching the surface. Much of the official mining went on in areas cut off from the public, but there were still things to be found within the rock walls, or so people claimed.

“We want the fossils,” a boy named Evan said. He and his friend, both about ten and a half years old, were walking in the Underground. He had his blue cap on backwards and the laces on his blue and white sneakers coming undone. In one hand, he pulled along a wagon to carry whatever they found. “That's what that professor likes, fossils.”

“And we'll ask to get the Pokemon revived from the fossils?” the other boy asked. Ryan had borrowed a yellow hard hat for this adventure, but it had been made for an adult and was loosely sitting in place. He patted one of the many pockets on his cargo pants, searching for reassurance from the small flashlight, in case the tunnel lights failed.

“No, we'll trade the fossils for Pokemon.”

He frowned. “What if he doesn't have Pokemon to give away? He could need them for his studies.”

“Ah, come on, haven't you heard?” Evan said, shaking his head. “Some of the best Trainers in the world have gotten their first Pokemon from a professor. So, if we want the best chance to become top-notch, we need to work with him.”

“I still think it'd be better to ask for the fossils to be revived.”

They squabbled for a bit about it, but whichever way it worked out, they still needed to find some fossils. Figuring that anything good near the entrance had already been found, they went down several passages until they came to a area that went away from the main path and looped back. There, they took the kits they had gotten from the Underground Explorers Club and started looking for places to dig.

At first, there was no sign of fossils. They found other things that might be useful for when they had Pokemon: certain rocks and items could boost a Pokemon's abilities, while shards and crystals were often searched for by people who could teach Pokemon useful things. But when they didn't have Pokemon, these things weren't any good. Stores might buy them, but only a few items would have a worthwhile price.

Evan was soon complaining about how long it was taking, using more time to shuffle through the little items they were getting rather than digging for more. Ryan kept looking for spots to dig. Whenever he came to dig, it was hard to pull away. He always felt like he might find a great item in just a few more minutes. When he didn't find anything, he kept thinking that it might be the next spot and kept digging until his mother called to say that he had to come home for dinner. So he didn't mind. He had skipped out on fossils before, losing them to shifting rocks in order to get other items. This time when he went looking for the fossils, he wasn't seeing anything like bone.

“Wish we had a bone radar,” Evan said. “Wouldn't that be cool? Then we'd know right where the fossils are.”

“It wouldn't be useful after we found them,” Ryan said, then paused. He saw a curve in the rocks, with a different texture from what surrounded it. A fossil... he nearly said so aloud, but then thought better of it. Last time he had called Evan about something he'd found in the Underground, his friend had hit the rocks too hard and caused a large shift. It had taken a week for the wall to be safely dug at again, but selling that Max Revive allowed him to buy his mother a nice birthday present. This time, he stayed quiet and carefully picked around the fossil.

Before long, it was apparent that there was something odd about this fossil. It was rather large. He'd found fossils parts of a Pokemon before; those were all small. As the curve revealed itself to be a complete spiral, Ryan felt his heart race. Was it really a whole fossilized Pokemon? He chipped away another loose part of the rubble, causing the surrounding edges to quiver.

His heart stopped for a moment as he feared that the fossil would get buried. But the quiver stopped, allowing him to judge the size of the fossil better. It was about one and a half feet wide, not quite as tall. How far back did it go into the rock wall? He searched the rock, then hit his pick a couple inches above it. This caused a crack to appear. With the chisel, he worked on expanding the crack without getting it into the fossil.

“Maybe we ought to head back, try another spot tomorrow,” Evan said, his enthusiasm for this idea of his dwindling.

It was Evan's wagon, and Ryan didn't want to have to carry this all the way out himself. “I think I've got one. But it's something I got to be careful with.”

“Oh, you do?” He came over and watched from close behind. “All right, now that's what I wanted to see!”

Ryan felt a bit tense with his friend watching. What if he made a wrong move and made the wall collapse? Evan would get mad at him, plus the fossil might break. He kept at his work slowly. Behind him, Evan started to tap his foot. Then it shifted. “Here, get your fingers in there. We should be able to pull this out carefully now.”

Evan was usually the definition of not careful, but he followed Ryan's directions and pulled on the fossil with him. After a few seconds, the fossil popped out of the wall and the rubble shifted immediately, rendering that spot unstable for more mining. They nearly dropped it as it turned out even larger than they had thought. Once it was in the wagon, they looked at it closer.

“Wow, is there a whole Pokemon in there?” Evan asked. “That's awesome! We didn't even break it!”

“It looks weird,” Ryan said. “See here, there's a spiral on this side, and it looks like a different kind of shell with odd marks on the other side.”

Evan grinned. “Maybe we have a mutant fossil? Because that would be so cool! And the professor would have to give us something awesome in exchange.”

“It could just be two fossils in one rock,” Ryan said. “Which is good cause there's two of us. Let's get it out of here.”

Taking turns with the wagon, the two boys pulled it out of the Underground and back to their hometown. Evan ran up to the professor's workshop when they got close and knocked on the door. It was answered by a young man wearing goggles on the top of his head and a face mask around his neck. “What is it?” he asked. “I'm in the middle of some work.”

“We found an awesome fossil in the Underground,” Evan said, grinning in pride. “And we wanted to show it to you; it's right here.”

The professor looked skeptical at first, but on seeing the size of the rock in the wagon, he became interested. He knelt down for a closer look at it, brushing away some loose material and examining all the lines. Nearby, Ryan had to send a quick sign to Evan to be quiet and try to be still. Sometimes he had a hard time believing they were nearly the same age, as Evan was so childish.

“Well, this is amazing,” the professor finally said, with his eyes still on the rock. “You boys have some skill as excavators. It's rare enough to pull a full Pokemon fossil out of the Underground, and here you have two of them. They look to be complete, so it's wonderful proof of what Pokemon lived in similar time periods, and how they might have interacted.”

“Can we get the Pokemon revived from this?” Ryan asked. “You can have the fossils, but we were hoping to get the Pokemon.”

The professor bit his lip. “Hmm... fossil Pokemon take a lot more care than regular ones. We don't know as much about them. But, with these two, I think you can find some data on them around. I need to find out if I can get DNA extracted without extensively damaging them. With the quality of these two, I'm sure I can manage that.” He smiled and pulled a pen and pad of paper out of his pocket. “Tell you what,” he said as he scribbled a note, “this could take some time because I want this form preserved. I'll do my best to get the Pokemon cloned from this, and I'll have you take care of them. I'll even give you some money to start with, since this fossil is worth a lot academically. But you two boys have to promise me that you'll take extra care and caution in raising them.” He then looked at them expectantly.

“Sure thing, I promise!” Evan said, probably more excited than realizing what he was agreeing to.

Ryan felt a bit nervous. But if it was going to be his first Pokemon, then he would want to take special care of it anyhow. He nodded. “Right, I promise to treat it well.”

“Good.” He tore off the two notes he had written and passed them over. “Return with these in three days and I'll tell you what I can do for certain.” He then had them help bring the fossil into his workshop and sent them home after.

“I thought we'd get Pokemon today, but this is good, I think,” Evan said, stuffing the note in the pocket of his jeans.

Ryan folded his note up and tucked it into one of his pockets. “He's a professor of geology and fossils, I told you. He probably doesn't have extra Pokemon to just give away since he studies rocks and bones.”

Three days later, Ryan had to help Evan find his note to retrieve the Pokemon (thankfully they found the pants he'd been wearing before his mother put them through the laundry). Then they went back to the professor's workshop. It took a few rounds of knocking, but the professor came to greet them, brushing dust off his jacket and apologizing for the mess.

He gave them both face masks and brought them into another room where he had been working on the fossil. Some of the rock had been further chipped away, revealing more of the two forms inside. “From the look of things, it would seem to me that these two Pokemon got into a fight over something,” the professor said, touching the smoother shell of the pair. “This one attacked the other fatally, but it didn't kill right off. Instead, the other one latched onto it and would not let go even after it died. The first one was probably badly hurt as well, so it couldn't escape. That's why you found them like this.”

“Wow, that's awful,” Ryan said. “I didn't think fights between Pokemon could kill both sides, or even just one.”

“The world was a lot rougher in ancient days,” the professor said. Then he pulled out two brown and orange Pokeballs from his coat pocket. “Well, you boys are in luck. I managed to get nicely intact DNA off both of them, and what fragments there were could be found in other specimens. Which one do each of you want?”

“I want that one of the pair,” Evan said, pointing to the smooth shelled one. “That okay with you?”

Ryan nodded. “That's good.”

Smiling, the professor handed the two over. “Great. Then you Evan get the Kabuto, and you Ryan get the Omanyte. Don't call them out in here, though. There's a lot of fine dust in the air from my work, which is why we have to wear masks in this room.”

Evan looked over the Kabuto's ball and grinned. “Wow, so we get Pokemon that hardly anyone one else has. We're going to have to be really watchful and see what they do.”

“Actually, there have been living Kabuto specimens found recently,” the professor said. “In one project I did in grad school, we compared a modern Kabuto with one revived from a fossil, and there was hardly any difference between the two.”

“Really?” He was disappointed, hearing that his wasn't quite as special as he'd imagined.

“Well they are very rare these days, limited to a few locations,” he said. “As for the Omanyte, we know they all died out well before humans appeared on this world. I did find some records of revived specimens in the Kanto database, so you should be able to get some help figuring out how to take care of it.”

Then he had the even less common one? Ryan looked at the fossil there, particularly the spiral shell that his new Pokemon had come from. “Um, professor, is it going to be okay if we have our Pokemon together? Since they killed each other there.”

“They won't remember it because they're clones of these two, not the Pokemon themselves,” he said reassuringly. “But you may wish to be careful having them interact, since this indicates the species may have been enemies of some level. You should definitely check out one of the websites I frequent... here, I can give you the address in a moment. They have good information on how to help fossil Pokemon adapt in the modern world.”

Later that day, Ryan was wondering if this was a good idea after all, having fossil Pokemon for their starters. According to the website, a Trainer had to be able to recognize old instinct patterns and find ways to alter their behavior. This was best done with a tolerant or caring modern Pokemon which could provide a good example. He should find such a role model soon, since he already had the Omanyte.

But watching his new Pokemon observing his room, he felt proud to have her. After all, it had been a tough fossil to get out of the mine. People wouldn't know what to expect from her either, so Ryan could have an advantage in building a battle team. She did seem a little nervous, ducking back into her shell at sudden noises or unexpected movements. But that could also be because she was young.

“Ryan, Evan's here,” his mother called from downstairs, shortly before he heard his friend's footsteps hurrying up the stairs.

“Okay!” he called back down, then turned as Evan entered the room. A small reddish-brown Pokemon, almost like a bug, scuttled in after him. Ryan's Omanyte saw the Kabuto and slipped a little further into her shell. “You already got it to climb the stairs?”

“Nah, I let her out in the hallway,” Evan said. “I was looking up stuff about her, and saw that she'll evolve into an awesome Pokemon that has blades for hands! But yours is going to stay dopey looking like that.”

“I don't mind what they look like,” Ryan said. “I was more worried about getting her used to the present. I'm going to go out tomorrow to try and catch another Pokemon so that she has help.”

His friend grinned. “I want to do that too, but I'm going to catch Pokemon to prepare for summer when I'm going to challenge the Gyms. It'll be awesome; betcha I'll be the Champion before school starts up again.”

He laughed. “Yeah, that's likely to happen. You'd be better off not going so fast.”

“You're just worried that you won't be able to keep up with my greatness,” Evan boasted, but then laughed too.

“It might help if your Kabuto didn't eat your shoes first,” Ryan pointed out, as the Pokemon was tugging at the end of a lace and nibbling at it to find if it was edible.

Evan groaned and picked up the Kabuto. “Not again. I don't think there were shoes to eat in prehistoric times, silly goose.”

Ryan laughed again. In the meantime, his Omanyte kept her head out of her shell, watching the scene warily. It would be some time before they were all used to this arrangement.

Omanyte Emerald entry: One of the ancient and long-since-extinct Pokemon that have been regenerated from fossils by humans. If attacked, it withdraws into its hard shell.

Kabuto Emerald entry: It is a Pokemon that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in rare cases, living examples have been discovered. Kabuto has not changed for 300 million years.

I really enjoyed this one. I like Kabuto, it was adorable(though I hope those shoes were clean) at the end, eating shoes XP

And I'm glad you brought something into it that most people writing fanfics can't really do or do so immaturely: death. Kabuto and Omanyte battling over territory or food or something is a good reason for them to fossilize, Omanyte kills Kabuto but Kabuto latches on and refuses to let go. Nice job overall.

Whoops, forget to comment on the Gigalith one. I was actually really funny. Gigalith just epically destroyed a fly. Sometimes you've gotta wonder how those Pokedex entries get there. The Pokemon games or anime don't really show animals, but they're mentioned. Example: Piplup is the PENGUIN Pokemon. Makes me think that there are some animals instead of Pokemon in that world.

The Kabuto/Omanyte one was interesting. I'm glad you touched upon the Sinnoh Underground. That place is so much fun in the games. I found those boys so funny. I don't know why, maybe their eagerness and innocence, but I just liked them.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post11821529 Look at the second sentence in the 2nd paragraph. Teddiursa is mispelled. I'll be trying to read all of these before you add me to the PM list, so I may comment on older entries

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

I know it took me forever to ask this but: could you add me to the PM list?

I liked this one. Not much to say, really...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...06#post8438706 When they were conversing with the Spiritomb, you said Ghastly. It's spelled Gastly

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

While I appreciate it, I doubt I'll get around to going back to fix minor errors. Mostly cause I have loads of other things to work on.

I thought starting with fossils could be an interesting alternate start to the games.

As cliche as it is, caught up again. I'm liking the way you finish off the stories these days, as if leaving them open to a sequel despite the fact you've said before it's not really on the cards. I think my favourite of late was the Gigalith one, having him actually creating the Pokedex entry was a nice touch. Your literary style reminds me a lot of John Steinbeck, and by extension GCSE English Literature.

Anyway, a request please for: Staravia/Dodrio
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Yay John Stienback! And I'll get you added, lindy (although you should already know when you read this!).

Oddly enough, Emolga gave me some trouble. Its entries are not very inspiring. However, the Black 2 and White 2 Pokedex entries are up in Serebii's database!

This entry is not based on the Pokemon Musical. It's based on what an NPC in the area says about the Pokemon Musical. Minor point? Maybe. But that's what it is.

In process: Slowpoke/Clefable
    On Deck: Jumpluff/Klinklang/Gulpin, Prinplup/Pignite, Reuniclus/Slowbro, Pinsir/Nosepass, Staravia/Dodrio

Emolga

Bright bulbs cast a harsh glow around her, intensified by the large mirror on the vanity. Sara the Emolga had the left side of her wing membrane over her face while she curled up away from the mirror, but the light managed to pierce through. Around her were the sounds humans walking around briskly, a hair dryer running, busy bits of speech, Pokemon fussing over preparations, and a large fan blowing at high speed trying to keep things cool. She could smell fur shampoo, make-up, talcum powder, the light bulbs, and several types of perfume. It was strange, to be living out her dream but dreaming of being back home.

It seemed so long ago, although it must have barely been a moon phase since it happened. She had once lived in a forest, sleeping in the tops of trees, soaring high over the ground, and playing with her friends. Out there, the natural light of the sun and moon was the main illumination, and the smells were mostly that of leaves, with hints of fruits, flowers, earth, nuts, and humans. Sometimes she flew into the city where humans lived; it was on one of those trips that she discovered the theater. It seemed so glamorous from outside, with happy Pokemon coming out with their Trainers praising them, wearing various accessories that made them much more than ordinary Pokemon. And some of the Pokemon would become so beloved that they had many fans, surrounding them to get a picture, pet them, or say how wonderful they looked. Sara wanted to be a star like that.

And then she got a chance, with hardly any warning. She had been on the ground, seeking out some nuts that had fallen there, when a well dressed man came up and signaled her for a battle. She went with it and faced off against a Cinncino that wore a green silk scarf and a green head bow. Hoping that it was one of the theater regulars, Sara let herself get caught. She knew she would miss her friends in the forest, but the theater was her dream.

The man turned out to be the owner of the theater, and he wasn't capturing her for himself. No, he had gone out seeking Pokemon for a special promotion, from out in the wild like her, and from breeders and adoption agencies. He was offering them up for adoption to Trainers who wanted to participate in the musicals and similar competitions but didn't have the means or the right Pokemon to go out into the wild to search for them. At first, it seemed perfect for her. She'd get to show off her potential as a star and she could get a Trainer who would be interested in continuing to let her act. What could go wrong with that?

An awful lot could, she had discovered. At her first performance, someone thought she would look cute with a big glittering gold cape. And it was cute, until Sara discovered that she couldn't take off from the weight of it. It also dragged behind her, causing a problem when a Golett stepped on it. At the next performance, she'd been given a cowboy hat that was too big for her head and caused her to stumble into other Pokemon when it fell over her eyes. But that clumsiness paled in comparison to the time she had been given an umbrella. Everyone had laughed at her when she had fallen into it and broke it, even though it hurt.

And that wasn't considering the times her fellow Pokemon actors tried to make her look bad in order to better their chances of winning or being adopted. After getting out of that umbrella, she had slipped on a puddle intentionally left by a Jellicent. They had had to take her to the Pokecenter afterward to make sure she was okay.

And whenever anyone came up to the owner and asked to have one of the promotion Pokemon, it was never her being asked for. This was the last performance too, the last night she had a chance to be adopted. If no one wanted her, then she'd be released back into the forest. It would be nice to be back home after this terrible week, but then she probably never get a chance like this again to be a Pokemon star.

“Oh Sara, pretty girl,” one of the humans said. The woman sat in a stool by the vanity. “What's the matter? Come on, cheer up. Or at least put on a happy face for the last performance.”

She uncovered her face and got onto her feet, but didn't feel much like cheering up. She wasn't sure if she wanted to keep this up, as acting was much harder than she thought it would be. But if she went back to the forest, she'd probably be an ordinary Pokemon for the rest of her life. While she wondered, the woman crushed over her short fur with a small brush.

“Good thing we got you cleaned up earlier,” the woman said. “Now let's make you nice and pretty. I think a neck bow would be nice. Let's see.” She picked up a strip of yellow cloth and gently tied it around Sara's neck into a bow behind her head.

“Olem,” Sara said quietly, clutching the woman's fingers at one point. She was trying her best, wasn't she? She wasn't a klutz in the trees, so it was mostly getting used to the items. Could she have smaller accessories tonight? So she could put her best efforts into it.

The woman smiled, stroking the Emolga's yellow cheeks. It caused a little spark, but not enough to deter her. “Nervous tonight? Don't worry; we've got one of the best actors around leading tonight, so he can handle anything that comes up. And you know what would look darling on you? I've found a little tiara, but the other Pokemon I've been dressing up tonight won't look as sweet on it as you would. Here.” She pulled a little gold tiara; sparkling red jewels were set into the front of it. It clipped onto her fur in a hidden way, so hopefully it wouldn't slip off. “That's almost... I know, let's try on some slippers.”

that took some time, as the theater had quite a collection of little slippers for use by Pokemon actors. The woman dressing her wanted some red ones, but they had to try several pairs before they settled on a pair light enough that Sara felt comfortable with and the right color that the woman felt satisfied. Then the theater owner called a warning that the show was starting in a few minutes and everyone had to be ready.

As always, that caused the hustle of backstage to increase greatly. Sara tried to keep out of the way while making her way to the waiting area. While she could glide around, the ceiling wasn't that high and some of the taller humans and Pokemon didn't like her flying near their heads. And there were an awful lot of Pokemon actors for this particular performance. There were the Pokemon being given away in the promotion as well as some of the theater regulars. The former were all nerves, tense and apt to start squabbles if pressured, while the latter were smug and confident, teasing the newcomers. By staying on a shelf, Sara managed to keep out of most of it.

Then came the applause of the audience as the theater owner came out onto the stage. “Welcome everyone, to the grand finale of our Search for Friendship Week! We have a magnificent show for you tonight, an impromptu piece starring our wonderful new friends of the stage, as well as our special guest lead, the wonderfully talented and magnificent Theodore Orwell!”

Theodore was an impressive human, with corn blond hair that hung loose down to the middle of his back and very fancy clothes of dark blue and shimmering silver. He walked onto the stage from the other side, taking the microphone from the owner as they passed, nodding to each other. With a wave of his hand, he instructed the musicians to stay playing as he sung the first couple of lines of a song. Then he waved for the Pokemon to join him on stage.

For the first number, the movement on stage was somewhat chaotic. There had been no practice for the Pokemon, never was. Added on top of that, there were over a dozen Pokemon on stage as well. Normally, there were just four or five. Sara spent much of her time using her static to keep herself aloft, above the action. When the spotlight came on her, she would shake some sparks from her cheek pouches and do some simple gliding tricks. Theodore managed the stage action with remarkable grace, keeping up his singing while using hand signals to deflect some overeager Pokemon from wasting their energy on the first song, or to direct uncertain ones into trying to interact with others. Once, he smiled and waved up at her to come down lower, but that attention didn't last long as he had to direct the bubbly warble of an Elgeym trying to sing along.

When the song ended, Theodore then began talking to the Pokemon on stage. “I am a bard, you know, one who travels the land to spread music and joy in the name of the muse Meloetta,” he said. “Let me hear how you sing.”

Sing? She hadn't sung before, didn't think she had the voice for singing. Sara hardly ever spoke up during the musicals, as the music and calls of the other Pokemon would drown her out. From overhead, she watched as Theodore got several of the Pokemon to sing. Some were great, making melodies as nice as the orchestra instruments; some were awful, being screechy and with no tune. The human seemed to be looking for something, maybe something to help figure out this improv show.

Then the Elgeym, which had been called to sing first but not for long as it liked, got bored and noticed Sara keeping out of reach. It raised a hand and sent a small subtle attack close by her. As the air trembled around her, the Emolga had to struggle to stay in the air. One of her slippers fell off her foot and dropped onto the stage. She squeaked, although not enough to be heard by any but the Elgeym. this couldn't be good; a Trainer who liked the theater wouldn't like a Pokemon that lost her accessories! And it seemed like a sign that this show would be bad like the others.

“Now what do we have here?” Theodore asked, noticing her slipper. He picked it up, making her feel even more embarrassed. Sara thought about going far above the stage where the others couldn't see her. Between the currents and her static, she should be able to manage it. But then the human actor said, “It's a pretty and elegant little shoe, something like a princess would wear. Is there a princess around here?”

for a moment, she still felt afraid and wanted to get out of this. What if she messed up and got laughed at again? But this could be her chance to be a star, if only this once. Sara decided to drift downward, closer to the others.

“Ah, there you are,” Theodore said, holding out his free hand. She landed on there; it was tough to grip even though the slipper was flexible, but she managed to find a secure spot. “Let's get this back on then, unless one of you others think you can wear the Cinderella shoe.” There were some laughs, but she held up her foot so he could put the red slipper back on. “There you go, pretty as ever. But you seem so sad. Poor little princess. I wonder who you are and what happened to you.”

Did she look sad? Her ears were held low and she was more focused on trying to stay on his arm than looking any particular fashion. Out in the audience, a few kids called out her name.

“Sara, is it?”

She nodded, then rubbed at an itch on her nose.

“Let's see if we can't cheer you up then. We're all friends here and we can do that, right?” He glanced around at the other Pokemon on stage.

Whether acting along or authentically feeling kind, the others agreed. The show turned out fairly nice after that. Theodore eventually moved her to his shoulder most of the time, half-directing the other Pokemon and half going along with whatever they were doing. At one point, he tried to get her to sing a song about why she might be sad. She didn't like how that came out, even when the microphone could pick up her small voice. But the audience seemed forgiving, taking it as a part of her 'character act'. When the show came to a close, she made sure to seem happy (because she was happier) and discharge lots of little sparks from her cheeks.

At the end of the show, the Pokemon that were a part of the promotion were kept on stage, while the few others got called back. The theater owner came on stage to pass out the Pokemon that had already been requested, letting their new owners come up to claim the Pokeball and Pokemon. In the middle of this, Theodore interrupted to ask, “Has any one made a claim for Sara here?”

“No, not yet,” the owner said. She flicked an ear at this. Maybe someone in the audience would be interested in her now.

Or someone closer. “If that's so, then I'd like to adopt her,” Theodore said. “My daughter would love her.”

“Of course, that'd be wonderful,” the owner said.

Sara chirped an agreement.

Theodore smiled, but then stepped back and lifted her closer. “And I know of a movie that could have a part for you. But it's not supposed to be in public knowledge yet. We'll see.”

A movie? She wasn't sure what he meant, but hoped it was something like the theater. Then she could still be a Pokemon star.

Emolga White entry: They live on treetops and glide using the inside of a cape-like membrane while discharging electricity.

Daw, so sweet. I was about to go to bed, but then noticed a new installment and I just had to read it.
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Thank GOD you didn't portray Emolga has the jerk-and-a-half the anime makes her out to be. Or fat.

Anyway, that one was really well pulled off(although you misspelled Elgyem, the Y comes before the second E), and I hope Sara gets a new hope. On an unrelated note, I find it amusing that Sara was the name of your Espeon in Espeon/Castform, and both Pokemon are female and take part in a human activity(radio broadcasting/musicals).

Sara is a good basic name. But yeah, funny coincidence.

You know, Clefable has a bunch of different Pokedex entries. There's a good chance that someone could take an entry from each generation and come up with five different stories. This one takes several into account, although I only listed one.

I also wrote this blind, unable to see the computer screen while typing. I was bored and it was amusing. While I did do some editing, it was mostly fixing typos and other misspellings, and two cases of awkward sentence structure. Try it if you're confident in your typing skills.

In process: Jumpluff/Klinklang/Gulpin
    On Deck: Prinplup/Pignite, Reuniclus/Slowbro, Pinsir/Nosepass, Staravia/Dodrio

Slowpoke and Clefable

Fresh fish was the best. Poe the Slowpoke munched through the bass he had caught, bones, scales, meat, and all. The eyes were particularly nice. Once he had finished it off, he considered what to do now. His stomach grumbled, not quite full yet. So he dipped his tail back into the water and waited for another fish to bite, lured by the sweet dew his tail made.

This was a nice place. Trees were all around him; golden sunlight filtered through the leaves, leaving a mosaic of light and dark across the green and brown forest floor. The stream came from a nearby pond, both filled with good clean water that held many fish. If he turned around ninety degrees, he could fish in the pond instead. But he felt that his spot near both would attract fish from the pond and stream.

Warm air flowed over his body like the cooler waters of the stream ran by his tail. The ground below him was a pleasant squishy mud. With a roll in that, he could keep most bugs away. He wondered if there could be anything more pleasant or fulfilling than laying here on a nice day, fishing for good nourishing fish. Maybe the fish in another place would be better. But he wouldn’t know until he got there. How would he get there?

With thoughts such as these, Poe’s mind wandered in its slow amiable fashion. Really, it was unlikely that he would move very far from this stream and pond. He had moved quite a distance, for him, when he’d come up the stream two hundred yards over three weeks, in order to finally reach this pond. But it was always nice to daydream and plan how he might get to another body of water to fish. While he thought, he hardly noticed the times that fish nibbled at his tail tip, to see if it was something good to eat.

Just like every other day of his life.

-+-

In the evening, another Pokemon came to the pond. She was Clara, a Clefable. She had slept through the day because the woods were so terribly noisy to her. The rustle of leaves in the wind was an almost continual backdrop on which she heard Pokemon and birds calling out, footsteps walking or crashing through the undergrowth, battles breaking out for miles around her, the stream and pond continually gurgling over their rock beds. She could hear tiny noises like a berry being plucked from a mile away, and know what kind of berry it was. Ever since she had evolved, every day was tremendous cacophony. She could only sleep by mixing mud and grass and putting that over her ears, to block out most of the sounds.

In the evening and night, the noises lessened. There were still Pokemon and animals that were active during the night, but not as many as during the day. And they didn’t seem as eager to battle at night either. Sometimes, she thought of trying to move away to an even quieter location. But she didn’t know where to begin looking for one. So she ended up staying in the forest.

At the pond, she found a nut tree with ripened pecans, so she began picking those to eat. Later on, she could gather many of them to store for winter; that was still months away, but the nuts would keep and better to start too early then too late. She heard the slow steady breathing of another Pokemon at the pond, but that was all the noise he made. While she recognized him as a Slowpoke that had been moving his way up the stream, she didn’t really know who he was. But what mattered was that he was relatively quiet, even when he caught his fish and ate them.

Once she had eaten her fill of nuts, she walked onto the pond and began to dance. It wasn’t a full moon tonight, but she liked to keep in practice for the nights when she would dance in order to praise the moon. There was a goddess Pokemon that had blessed the Clefairy kind in ancient times, and they continued their dance of worship ever since. On the surface of the pond, Clara hopped and skipped to an unsung melody, fluttering the wings on her back. When she did this, she could imagine flying and dancing in the sky. She’d never managed to actually fly, but it was a pleasant daydream to keep and she could lose her mind deep within it.

All the while, the Slowpoke never moved from his spot. She wondered if he was watching her, so danced closer to the start of the stream. But when she paused, she saw that he was simply staring vacantly off into the trees, as if lost in thought. She had heard that the Slowpokes weren’t very smart. But if he was thinking so much, maybe he was just lost in thought too? Like she did with her daydreams of flying.

Since he was quiet, she felt like she could try to make friends with him. Clara hopped off the pond and went over to the Slowpoke. “Hi, how’s your fishing going?” She paused, waiting on an answer.

He kept looking upwards, a smile on his face. But he didn’t show any recognition of her. Maybe he was amused, or thought she was rude but found it slightly funny?

“Oh, my name’s Clara. I like this lake; it’s one of the quieter places in the forest at night. What’s your name?”

This time, his eyes shifted to her, perhaps because a shadow caused by moonlight fell across his face. While he must have noticed her by now, he wasn’t speaking. Most other Pokemon would have said something by now.

Maybe they really were dumb. “Um, but if I’m bothering you, I can just go back to my practice.”

His lips moved a little bit before he spoke up, thankfully not in a loud voice. “Hi. I’m Poe. Who are you, again?”

“I’m Clara,” she said again. Maybe he hadn’t been listening. “I said that earlier.”

“Sorry, I was thinking,” he said, but kept smiling. “Speaking takes a while.”

This puzzled her again. So if he was thinking and not noticing, was he so smart in that he was wrapped up in his internal thoughts, or was he so dumb that he had to think through everything more than anyone else? “Why would talking take a while? You just say what’s on your mind, at least I do. Sure, you need to think things through, but it doesn’t take that long.” Then she paused, thinking that she might want to be quiet for a bit if she wanted to hold this conversation.

It took a couple of minutes, during which he sometimes moved his lips in thought. Then he said, “It takes much time… first you must listen to the other closely, noting what words they pick, what tone they use, what their expressions may mean, what they might mean with their words and what they may not. It takes much review. Then you must formulate your response, attempting to pick words for precision and clarity, making sure as not to offend the other and answer any questions they may have. Then you must think on how to form the words; speaking is really a complex exercise of the tongue, mouth, and body. Minute differences can alter the meaning of what you say. And I usually don’t choose to speak so much, but I felt you would appreciate the consideration.” He spoke in a slow deliberate tone, not loud either. It made Clara grateful as listening to him didn’t hurt her ears.

“I see, I think,” she said. “I don’t think about those things as much as you do.” His lips were moving again, so she stopped.

“I consider all things, so I do things very slowly,” he said.

Then he must be smart if he thought so much. Making her wings flutter, she smiled. “That’s good. I might try to think on little things like you do; it could be interesting. Oh, and since you think a lot and you must listen a lot, do you know of any places that are quieter than this? I can’t take noise and even here is a bit too much, especially during the day.”

“I thought you might not like noise, because you make so little yourself,” Poe said. Then he paused, thinking. It took even longer this time, making Clara wonder if he’d gotten off track. But then he said, “I would not be one to ask about other places. I can imagine them, but not travel quick enough to see them. If you can stand it for a little while, I would ask one of the flying Pokemon. Perhaps a Hoothoot. They must travel far on their wings, and so they would know many places.”

That made sense, although she didn’t like the idea of talking to a flying Pokemon. Most of them were so noisy, calling out challenges, threats, and greetings almost all the time. A night bird like a Hoothoot would be easiest, as she would have to deal with less competing noise. She regretted not having found a quieter place back when she was a Clefairy, or even a Cleffa. “Okay, I’ll try that. But I may stay here too; it’s nice to know I have a quiet friend around. Maybe we can talk later. Bye!” Then she skipped back out onto the lake, making a plan for confronting a Hoothoot. Or maybe a Noctowl, that could be better. She’d have to find one that was alone…

-+-

Poe noticed Clara skipping off. “Bye,” he said, although she was halfway across the lake. But with her hearing, she’d hear it anyhow.

A friend, huh? He’d had a friend back at his old spot, another Slowpoke that fished at the stream there. He always wondered if she would follow him up here. Sometimes, he hoped it would happen so that they could be more than friends. But moving up here had taken a lot of effort, and he didn’t feel like moving all the way back just yet. Maybe if he let those feelings simmer for a while, he would want to go.

Now, what had he been doing before Clara had started talking to him? He’d been thinking about the way moonlight changed the color of the grass to be more blue, like how the sun made their colors brighter and the shade made them darker. But what had he been doing here before that?

He couldn’t remember. But, his stomach didn’t feel full. Poe dipped his tail in the water and began waiting on a fish to bite its sweet tip. In the meantime, he considered friendship and how one was different from the other.

Clefable Soul Silver entry: Its very sensitive ears let it distinguish distant sounds. As a result, it prefers quiet places.

Slowpoke Emerald entry: It catches prey by dipping its tail in water at the side of the river. But it often forgets what it is doing and spends entire days just loafing at the water's edge.

That one was really good, you pulled it off well. I like how you actually put in the thought process of a Slowpoke whereas other fanfic writers *coughmecough* would probably do something where the Slowpoke is a slobbering idiot and Clefable is getting frustrated with it.

EDIT: Forgot to request something. I don't think you've done a legendary in a while(I believe your last one was Regigigas), so how about Wooper/Zekrom? I'd love to see what you can do with those.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 27th July 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Yay, another strange ordinary and legendary pairing!

I wrote parts of this story with the Jaws theme in mind.

In process: Prinplup/Pignite
    On Deck: Reuniclus/Slowbro, Pinsir/Nosepass, Staravia/Dodrio, Wooper/Zekrom

Jumpluff, Klinklang, and Gulpin

It was still following her.

Cursing the lack of wind, she pumped her arms much like a human swimmer did, trying to move as fast as she could with the most efficient movement. But if the wind didn't start up, she couldn't go fast enough to keep away from it. It had her scent. It was chasing after her intent on eating her. Although she hadn't seen it for long, she knew that was why it was after her. She could tell by the way it drooled and pursued her relentlessly.

She was tiring, though. She'd already spent a long day in floating towards her next destination. While she wasn't sure where that was, she would know when she saw it. That's how it always was. Her travels often led to encounters with danger, but usually the air was moving enough to help her along. Not today.

If only she could find a body of water, or a tall obstacle. That would give her an advantage over this land-crawling foe. However, the land was flat with no surface water, and the only tall obstacles were some human buildings that were still some ways off. She was heading for those; if she got to the roof, she'd be safe.

It was still following her.

-+-

A large colony of gear Pokemon lived around the factory complex. They were a close-knit community. Since their kind didn't have a long history, some other Pokemon snubbed them as still being newcomers to the scene even if they had been around the factory at least a hundred years (as far as they knew). They stuck together as an extended family then, supporting and defending each other.

And when one that had left the community came back, it was an occasion worth celebrating. It had been three years ago since he had left the factory, as a Klink captured by a human. Now he was a Klinklang with a definite self-perception as a male. “My Trainer kept treating me that way, so it just became natural. He even named me Steve, which is supposed to be a definite man's name.”

“If it is who you see yourself as, then that is who you are,” another Klinklang said. For many years, she had been the only one around the factory, an old one who said that she was one of the second generation of Klinks, very long ago (in their minds). “Although it is a pity that you feel male because another continually said you were, instead of choosing for yourself after much deliberation. How was it, being out with a human-led team?”

“It was different,” he said, shifting how his gears were aligned. Some of the younger Klinks had come up close to him, marveling at the lower and back gears on him now. They were a lot cleaner than the elder's, with barely any scratches. “I was to act with a group that was made up of many different Pokemon. There were always six of us at a time, but which six it was changed continually. Sometimes I was given a break at a place called a Daycare, to meet many Pokemon from many lands. And when I was with my Trainer, he had us battling other teams of Pokemon or doing various things, like moving weights and racing. Sometimes he did things that I couldn't understand, but it was all for science, that's what he said.”

Quite a lot of them were impressed by that. “Science is good,” the elder said. “Science runs the factory and may be what brought us into being.”

“Did you learn to fight really well?” one of the younger Klinks asked.

“Yes, I did learn that,” Steve said. “He even taught me some moves that I think the elder doesn't know.”

“Are you sure about that?” the elder said, momentarily spinning faster in an amused manner. “I have had many more years to learn.”

“Yes. I could show you...” he glanced around and noticed another Pokemon flying overhead. She had a small blue body, but proportionally huge cream-colored cotton puffs on her arms and above her head. That would work. “I can show you right now.”

Steve reset his gears quickly, then spun them in such a way that his innermost gear, the one attached to a bright red orb, rotated at its highest speed. The younger Klinks backed away, sensing the great energy charge building up in and around his body. After a couple seconds of charge time, he modified the electromagnetic charge into a gravitational charge and spread that around him. The pull of the earth became immensely powerful, making it a struggle for even him to keep levitating. The younger Klinks and the Jumpluff overhead all dropped down to the ground from the Gravity attack.

“It doesn't do any harm,” he admitted. “But it keeps anything from flying or levitating for a little while.”

“That is impressive,” the elder said. “Something of significant tactical importance.”

But while she was talking, the Jumpluff burst into tears. "Ho quasi sfuggito! Ora sta andando a mangiare me!"

“What's the stinky Pokemon saying?” a Klink asked. “Why's it talking weird?”

“It's probably from a distant land.” Steve said.

“Si sta arrivando," the Jumpluff said, trying to hop along the ground. But the Gravity effect, or just being on the ground, made that difficult for her.

“And it's not stinky,” another Klink said. “But something sure reeks, blech.”

At this point, Steve noticed a single yellow leaf moving through the tall grass. It emerged, revealing a smooth green pokemon. It didn't even have legs, just little nubs for arms. Despite this, it moved at a steady pace towards the downed Jumpluff. It was also the source of the stench. “I'm not sure what that Pokemon is,” he said.

“It's so weird and stinky,” a Klink said, sitting near the odd green Pokemon.

“Get away!” the elder said. “That one, the Gulpin, is dangerous.”

“How?” the Klink said.

The Gulpin paused, as the Klink was in the way of its path to the Jumpluff. Before any of them could react, it opened its large lips wide... and wider, far more than it was tall, and swallowed the Klink whole. The other Klinks squealed and rolled away, while the Gulpin only paused a moment before continuing on after the Jumpluff. The cotton Pokemon started wailing in fear.

Sending off a spark of rage, the elder Klinklang came in front of the Jumpluff. “Foolish though the child may have been, you will suffer for eating one of our own, Gulpin.”

Although he'd been away for so long, Steve went up with her to defending their community. It was partly his fault for using Gravity; the Gulpin might have continued on past them if he hadn't. “You will not get away with that.” he and the elder then fired powerful electric moves at the Gulpin. It stood not chance and immediately fainted. And, that was all? “It seems weak for a menace,” he said.

“It will get bigger, enough to eat us,” the elder said. “And it will get more powerful too. It has been a long time since I've seen one of them, so we can't let it settle nearby. Steve, would you take it far away, before it awakens?”

It reeked, like old garbage left out on a hot day. But Steve was back with his kind now, and he was powerful enough to take on responsibility for the safety of them all. Which meant that he had to get that Gulpin away before it decided that this would be a good place to hunt. “Yes, I'll do that.”

He went over to the unconscious Gulpin and, carefully using his electromagnetic pulses, picked it up and headed away from the factory. Once he got away from the Gravity field, he could pick up the pace. But just how far away should he take it?

-+-

Later in the day, a breeze started up and the Jumpluff was able to catch it to get back into the air on the move. Those strange metal Pokemon, they were powerful. If she could make friends with them, she and any spore children she had would be safe, protected by their neighbors. But, she knew that it had to be one of them that put that great invisible weight on her, pulling her down to the ground. It was probably one of those giant ones. She didn't want to hang around and have them think that it a was an amusing prank to pull.

Back in the safety of the sky, she continued her travels, searching for a new place to settle.

Jumpluff Heart Gold entry: Once it catches the wind, it deftly controls its cotton-puff spores – it can even float around the world.

Klinklang White entry: The gear with the red core is rotated at high speed for a rapid energy charge.

Gulpin LG/FR entry: There is nothing its stomach can't digest. While it is digesting, vile, overpowering gases are expelled.

Note: For those of you who are curious, the Jumpluff is speaking Italian (I used Google Translate, so it may not be perfect).

That one was shorter, but good. Somehow, I predicted you'd use those exact entries! Although I feel bad for the poor little Klink that got eaten... but aren't Steels immune to poison, and therefore, stomach juices? But it can digest anything, so what do I know. And the Italian Jumpluff was done well. I approve and I love odd comboes. Let's see... I've requested Whimsicott/Tirtouga, Zweilous/Ferrothorn, Xatu/Frillish, Jumpluff/Klinklang/Gulpin, and Wooper/Zekrom. Yup, I'm a pretty random person.

I was considering this a while ago so I shall go ahead and ask, (another wonderful tale by the way,)

What is your favourite sort of entry to write for these Pokedex One-Shots?

• Single?
    • Evolutionary Lines?
    • Two of similar type or attribute?
    • Two radically different?
    • Three?
    • More?

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast