Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOL

now that that's done...
    i want to ask for 2 more on deck:
    Heracross 'cause he kicks ***
    Dugtrio as a tribute to the pokemon i rocked Yellow with.
    R.I.P DigL.....
    (stupid generation gap)
    57% of serebii.net users are smart enough to know that 83% of all signatures involving percentages that say "Copy and paste this into your signature" are fabricated percentages that mean nothing. If you are one of the 57% who know this, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Mew Supporter!) Freerice.com: ending world hunger, one click at a time.
    clicky!

Hi new people! I'll add those requests; that's what this thread thrives on. Also, comboed the Aron and Sableye requests. You'll see why.

I decided to play with the contest aspect here. However, it's harder to establish facts on them, since the Serebii-dex doesn't list Contest Type and effect in their movelists and, unless I have that Pokemon with those moves, I have no way to check. So I went with what makes sense to me.

In Process: Aron/Sableye
    On Deck: Metagross, Blastoise, Heracross, Dugtrio

PIDGEOT
    Ruby/Sapphire entry: This Pokemon has a dazzling plumage of beautifully glossy feathers. Many Trainers are captivated by the striking beauty of the feathers on its head, compelling them to choose Pidgeot as their Pokemon.

The door to the hotel room slammed shut. “Hmph. ‘Common Pokemon never win,’ yeah, that’s what you think, floozy.” The coordinator sighed and leaned against the door. “But the judges don’t arrive until tomorrow morning. She can’t bribe them all in that time. At least, I hope not.”

The hotel room was more comfortable than a Pokecenter room would be, which was part of the reason she’d chosen it. And the large bathroom; that was a definite plus for grooming. In the main area, there was a couch, a large flat-screen TV, heavy curtains, and two beds. On one of those beds, her Pidgeot had already made a nice nest for himself by rearranging the blankets, sheets, and pillows.

Upon seeing that she was upset, he hopped off the bed and walked over to her. He cooed and bumped his head against hers.

She smiled and patted his head. “Good bird. Well, we have to get prepared. Come on, let’s practice.”

The Pidgeot chirped, then followed her towards the bathroom. She picked up a black tie on the way in there. After taking a few seconds to make a gentlemanly bow around the bird’s neck, she nodded.

“Okay, dear, contest face on. We need to be elegant and beautiful, but not vain. Most of all, we need to be ready for the competitors, judges, and audience.”

He folded his wings in just a bit closer and held his body up. Although every contest caused some nervous anxiety, he looked calm. And if they looked it, it was more likely they felt it.

“And now we’re called out to the stage. Remember, first impressions are everything. It true that there are many Pidgeots out there, but none are as beautiful as you. Make sure the audience sees your true beauty as we step out. Come.”

The coordinator put her hand on the back of her Pidgeot’s neck, as she would in a contest. While the bathroom door was narrower than most stage entrances, they went through with little awkwardness. They had been working together so long that they had no qualms about being close.

Once out, he tilted his head back, then shook his crest out. It looked like a completely natural action, but they planned that little display to happen right as they stepped through the first stage light. His crest feathers were glossy and gorgeous, in red, yellow, orange, and tan. When freshly groomed, they shimmered in such a lovely manner that even those who called the Pidgies pests would gasp and gape. This was an important step, to move him from ‘just another common bird’ to ‘wow, he’s beautiful’.

They walked along the beds and around them in a manner the coordinator dubbed the ‘casual strut’. Beautiful, but not vain. Looking vain could lose a high rank contest. Then she took her hand off him and stepped back so he could stand before the imaginary audience. He adjusted his wings so that their glossy shine was not missed either. A long time ago, they had decided on a peaceful beauty of a gentleman for him. Of all the images they could project, this one seemed most suitable and likely to win.

While they had plotted out every single step of their contest routine, it had to look natural when they did it. Thus, all this practicing and preparing. Coordinators and their Pokemon could lose for behaving too scripted, especially at the Master’s Rank they were performing tomorrow. But they had to have a script, to take every advantage they could. Some people thought coordinators were just lazy Trainers, but they had never spent weeks with a Pokemon trying to get just the entrance walk perfect.

When the first part was done, she put her hand on his neck again and they walked to the other side of the beds. “Lovely job. What comes next?”

He held his head up, still with his feathers high. But he gave quick little glances to the sides.

“Right, a subtle check of the competition. So, who’ve we got?” She leaned closer to him. “Oh, there’s a Bug. What do you do?”

He half-closed his eyes and held still.

“Yes, we don’t do anything. He’s a competitor, not lunch. Now, over there is an Electric Pokemon. What do you do?”

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Good, we keep calm. You can’t hurt the Bugs and the Electrics can’t hurt you. Now, who else... there’s a Fighting Pokemon here.”

There was a twitch of his eyelid, but nothing more.

“Yes, we don’t laugh and we don’t look down on them. You’re a gentleman, after all.” It wasn’t smart to bring a Pokemon clearly suited for another Contest into a Beauty Hall and Fighters were nearly all shoo-ins for the Tough Hall. But over the years, she had seen many unlikely Pokemon appear and win through cleverness and appeals. “Now, this is a big competition. Coming up last... oh no, it’s my rival, the super tramp, and her ultra rare Pokemon who also happens to be a shiny. What do we do?”

The Pidgeot tilted his head down and seemed unconcerned.

“Right, we pretend like we don’t know them. Besides, if it’s so ultra rare, how do we know it’s a shiny? We can still win fair and clean. Now, appeals time. Start off.”

Normally, she would be giving him orders on what to do. But it was always good to see what he would try. That way, she knew what moves he liked. Sometimes she even got a surprising strategy from her Pokemon’s practices. This time, the Pidgeot held his wings out as much as he could stretch, then brought them in quickly to form a small whirl of air.

“Good move.” On stage, there was always glitter, confetti, or something light and flashy scattered about in abundance. This would cause a small cloud of the stuff to whirl in front of him, a nice showy appeal. “Can you follow it up?”

He braced himself, then leapt in the air and spun gracefully, landing with one wing held high. Then he brought it down in front of him in a nice bow. Once it was done, he stood straight again.

“Beautiful. And, uh-oh, someone’s preparing to startle you!”

He held stock still and closed his eyes.

“Excellent. Now, startle them right back!”

He made a loud squawk, holding both wings out. Then he brought his right foot up high and stomped it down. To further the effect, he took on a look that said, ‘Don’t make me come over there, fool’.

The coordinator jumped back some, to show him that it was startling. “Ooo, scary. And it looks like the audience is really excited.”

This time, he jumped with a triple spin. He landed with his head low, wings spread out, left leg stretched back, and tail feathers held high. When he stood back straight, he had a look of, ‘It was nothing, really’.

“Oh, but now they’ve tired themselves out.”

He did his small Gust move again, but this time, he shook his tail and chirped. This showed that he was preparing a more thrilling combo next round. This would rile an audience right up when the combo went through.

She clapped her hands once. “Okay, and now we need to do something sneaky; we need to make the audience tired out so that my crazy rival’s combo fails.”

He shook his crest feathers, showing that he would enjoy this. Getting himself riled up, he twisted to the left, stretched himself as high as he could manage, and kicked one leg out. Then he twisted to the right and kicked his other leg out. Then he spun forward and went into his low bow before standing up and chirping loudly.

“Great!” It was a funny move and was really hard to follow up to, even in a combo. “Okay, last round! Show them your best.”

The Pidgeot rose up in the air and began flapping his wings furiously. A whirlwind was created around him. Quickly, his coordinator opened the sliding glass door so he could fling the created whirlwind out harmlessly. With the glitter and confetti whatnot available onstage, this was a wonderfully showy move. However, it tired him out, so they saved it for last.

“Beautiful, dear.” She went over and hugged him. “We’ll show ‘em that any Pokemon can be beautiful, even a common one.”

The Pidgeot cooed and flicked his crest feathers proudly.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Awww that was a cute one. I'm a sucker for birds <3
    The contest aspect was interesting as well, very nice

Thatwas a great chapter, I was expecting something entirely difeernt
    that pidgeot will prove everyone wrong!
    Oh my jesus, I've been on this site for a year already...
    I think I deserve gifts. Like pie.

I wonder if they won?

All in all, it was a really good chapter. When I first started reading these, I never though that you could get so much variety just using pokedex entries.

But each of these stories has had a unique feel and a fresh look at some of our favorite pokemon.

All I can say is great job! And I look forward to more greatness.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Thatwas a great chapter, I was expecting something entirely difeernt
    that pidgeot will prove everyone wrong!

Yes! I finnaly get to post!
    I've been reading since you first started this, but me account wouldn't let me post anything. Excellent chapter! They all have been!
    Aaaaaand, could you add me to the PM list? I would Looooove~ that.
    And, though I seems weird, can you do a chapter on Sunflora? It don't get enough love.

May I ask you to PM me when the Blastoise story is done?

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

These quotes....

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    “Calci-mum’s the word.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    One was observing a large rock in the middle of the pasture.
    = EPIC WIN

I love these things, you really capture a variety of moods and can manipulate the Pokedex entry really well. PM list-ilise me please =)

Just a request from me: Exeggcute and/or Exeggutor would be awesome! If you don't mind, of course.

Don't you people realize you're overloading Ysavvryl with requests?

I liked how you made the theme a contest for the Pidgeot one.
    I never thought a Pidgeot was contest material.

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

I've only read a few of these but so far they are really really good! I will continue going back and looking through them to see if some of my favorite pokemon have already been done before making a request.

But for future reference I like umbreon, flygon, and lucario.
    These are my favorite Pokemon:

Hmm, I'll make responses today; story should be up tomorrow, barring internet goof-ups.

@TheSequelReturns: I kinda wondered myself how far I'd get with this. But so far, so good. There's a lot to the Pokemon concept if you just think about it.

@Kung_Fu_Klown2323: Yeah, Serebii's kinda weird and laggy; I usually have another site up to look through while this one's loading! I do like Sunflora, despite never having access to it... adding you to PM list.

@CyberBlastoise: Sure, I'll do that.

@otaku-dono: Yeah, I'll add you and the requests; just keep in mind that I go in order and it could be a little while before they get done.

@MarshtompMan: Well according the entry, it's one for a Beauty contest. Although one other entry noted that it can fly at Mach-2 speeds... yikes. Also, I pretty much only think about the entry coming up, and maybe the next, so it's more a matter of how patient other people are for their requests to be done, but thanks for the concern.

@Morgie04086: Umbreon is there; it was the first of the Eevees I did. You'll have to wait either way for the other two, as the request list is rather long.

Also, I have two Pokemon that I'd like to do for two particular days. They're in October, but I'll add a Reserved category for them that will be primarily my choice for holidays and such. I have a funny idea for Rotom on Halloween, and as for Whismur, well, look at my profile and you'll see why it's Reserved.

And remember that I do accept guest entries, so if you have a favorite, you're welcome to write one up yourself. The rules for that are now in the first post, and some suggestions are still back on page 4.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 13th September 2008 at 3:55 PM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

A while ago, I looked at these two and thought, 'Hey, aren't these two in the same areas?' They are, and their 'dex entries are so close that they make a good story match. Although, I wonder how much it would actually cost to train one of these two, considering what they eat.

Any new requests will have to be patient, as there are six lined up already.

In Process: Metagross
    On Deck: Blastoise, Heracross, Dugtrio, Sunflora, Exeggcute

ARON
    Ruby entry: This Pokemon has a body of steel. To make its body, Aron feeds on iron ore that it digs from mountains. Occasionally, it causes major trouble by eating bridges and rails.

SABLEYE
    Emerald entry: It digs branching holes in caves using its sharp claws in search of food--raw gems. A Sableye lurks in darkness and is seen only rarely.

Two men sat in an office. One was an old miner, his beard dark gray partly from all the mine dust. His hair lay stuck against his head after years of wearing a helmet lamp. The other was the new mine owner, a man who kept expensive and rare stones under glass, but had never gone into a dark tunnel in search of those stones. A metallic rotating fan unsettled papers and ruffled the thin curtains on the window.

“These new methods are unnatural,” the old miner said. “You’re only going to find low quality stones, making for more work on everyone’s part.”

“Your methods are too slow, old one,” the owner replied. “And your pricing charts? Ridiculous. There’s hardly any profit.”

“There’s enough for this island to thrive.”

“In bamboo structures with few amenities? You have a strange definition of ‘to thrive’.”

“We are happy; that is what matters. Besides, what about the Pokemon?”

“What about them?”

“This is their home. You’ll be driving them out cruelly. And they do such fine work as it is. The Arons make fine steel for us to start with.”

“But we have no control over quality and quantity.”

“And the Sableyes refine the jewels, which is why they’re of such good quality.”

“Yes, but that’s why glass baubles are bought more often than jewels despite the differences in rarity. Most people don’t want something that has been deposited, so to speak, by a Pokemon.”

“That’s why it’s been an island secret for generations.”

The owner still shook his head. “I am giving people what they want: a good choice of clean stones. You will obey the new rules or I will drive you all off this island. I’m sure I can get plenty of workers from the mainland to replace you.”

The old miner got up. “The Pokemon are capable of vengeance. I’m simply warning you.”

Two weeks later....

In one of the ventilation shafts, a trio of Sableyes huddled near the surface. The golden spot of sunlight on the edge of the tunnel was foreign to them, and unpleasant. They were creatures of darkness, ghosts of the underground. As such, the only reason they were so close to the patch of sun was that they had been driven to desperation.

Their sharp claws ached to dig, but any noise would draw the attentions of the guard Pokemon. Their violet bodies were harder to sustain, due to waning energy. And their eyes, normally sparkling like underground moons, were beginning to look dull. One of them began creeping back down the ventilation shaft.

“<What’re you doing?>” another hissed. “<Those Pokemon are cruel, like their masters. They’ll rip us apart.>”

“<But we’re starving. We have to do something or we’ll die again.>”

The thought weighed heavily on them all. All ghost Pokemon had died at one point. If luck was on their side, they could have a second life. But should a ghost Pokemon die, there was no going back. And they all could remember strange after-death experiences that frightened them. Thus, they were truly more scared of death in their ghostly lives than in their first lives.

“<Ah, lucky find,>” a voice came from above. “<Good evening, neighbors.>”

The three looked up to see a small steel-gray Pokemon that was covered in black freckles. But she too seemed to be suffering. Her armored skin was loose and duller than their eyes currently were. Therefore, it seemed appropriate to say, “<What sort of ‘good’ is it? It’s terrible!>”

She held up one of her stubby feet. “<Ah, but we have a plan. If you’ll come up, help, and if everything works right, you’ll have more gems than you can eat tonight.>”

“<Why should we trust you?>” the Sableye retorted.

“<Because we won’t be eating tonight unless you help, and we can’t stand to be in such a debt. So, would you help?>”

“<Can we at least wait until the sun goes down?>” the youngest Sableye asked.

The Aron shook her head, causing her armor to quiver. “<We’ve watched the humans and they make the last run right after the sun goes down. We don’t have much time as it is.>”

“<So what are we doing?>”

“<Come up and see.>”

Reluctant to face the sun, but too hungry to care for long, the three Sableyes crawled out of the ventilation shaft. It was dim with evening, yet much too bright for their comfort. When their eyes adjusted, they saw a mass of Arons, possibly every single one on this island. It seemed that the female who had spoken to them was one of the healthier ones. Others had bad dents in their armor. A few were barely hanging onto life.

Their guide picked up her stubby foot again and pointed towards a set of rails nearby. “<They’ve got those electrified so we can’t nibble on them, but they’ve also got every open iron deposit guarded. The sneaky humans actually followed us, then drove us out of the tunnels. However, thanks to some noble sacrifices, we’ve discovered the source of the electrical power: that large box thing there.>”

The large box was about the size of a small shed. There was a hum of electrical power from the shed. With no windows and only one door, a thick cable ran from the shed to the rails. The unfortunate Arons who identified this source were lying just outside the door.

“<We can’t knock it down without getting shocked badly,>” she told the Sableyes. “<But once the power is down, we have another plan to repay you for destroying the box.>”

“<Can we manage that?>” one asked the other two.

“<If we are to survive, we must,>” another answered.

“<Okay then. That box will be demolished.>”

Their first move was to fling Shadow Balls at the cable. Then they tore off the roof and peered inside. Although they didn’t know what a generator was, they could feel the power it emitted. The Sableyes used their skill again until it stopped building power, then tore the shed apart with their claws. As the outer shell was made of plastic, it was of no use to either species. But the inner workings did have some metals, so once the charge died, the Sableyes were able to distribute those to the weaker Arons.

Once the cable was cut off, the Arons put their second plan into motion. Two males went up to the rails. For the sake of the group’s survival, one took a bite of the rail to release the charge, nearly killing himself in the process. The other then went up and nibbled down the metal. After the sun vanished below the horizon, he stopped and came back to the group. Feeling bad for the first one, a Sableye went over to pick up the shocked Aron. She gave him a metal gear to eat in the meantime. Then they all waited some distance from the tracks.

The Sableyes were about to ask what they were doing, waiting when they were all obviously hungry, when the mine cart train came. Powered by its own motor, it ran down the tracks carrying a full load of delicious smelling gemstones. It seemed the humans had taken another way out of the mines, as there were none accompanying the twelve cart train. It carried on its own way until it hit the nibbled away section.

There was a tremendous crash as the carts derailed, spilling their cargo everywhere. Eagerly, the three Sableyes went for the raw gems while the mass of Arons went for the rails and the steel carts. It was indeed more gems then they could possibly eat, even as hungry as they were. They thanked their smaller neighbors several times over before taking a fair sized hoard back to the ventilation shaft to hide.

Unfortunately for the mine owner, someone leaked a security tape that showed this raid to the regional media. People were outraged by the state of desperation the Pokemon had been driven to and demanded that the new practices be stopped. Before long, the mine owner was forced out of business and the Arons and Sableyes were free to move about the underground once again.

I have to say, this story was one of the greatest!
    I thought this one would be dull, but once again, your marvellous writing has proved that you can make a good story out of any Pokemon!

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

Like they say, any Pokemon can be good.

Oh, and sorry to you guys who got two PMs on this update. This site has been either really laggy or really quick today.

Yay for big, mean owners getting kicked out of buisness!
    although this wasn't one of my favorite chapters it was still great!

Hey, did I forget to comment on the Pidgeot one? Anyway, both of them were excellent; but you're making a habit of ending them with leaked videos . Was the Aron/Sableye one supposed to be Iron Island? And the new owners Team Galactic? Because that would fit perfrectly with the DP storyline, but I thought you said you didn't have DP, meh, coincidence or not, it was great .

I', thinking of writing a guest entry, maybe this evening, do I have to send it to you for checking? I'd of thought you'd know my writing well enough not to have to .
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Information:
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Soon to become Inconspicuosaurus.

That was awesome!

Aron and Sableye are some of my favorites, and I think you captured them quite well.

Thanks!
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

@JammyU: Yeah, I know you're a good author, but still, you don't want to set a bad example, right? If it's going in this thread, I need to approve the final version first.

I wouldn't know about Iron Isle; I do know they both show up in Granite Cave of Dewford.

Yet another goodie =)

The thing with these is, they're so original that they're good no matter what really. You're really taking the Pokedex entries way out of the box and making a great story out of them. I don't think I need to tell you to keep it up!

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that, but it doesn't matter because my idea kind of went at bit crazy and has ended up being even contradictory of the Pokedex entries I was going to base it on so I've posted it seperately. ^_^; Sorry.
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Information:
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Soon to become Inconspicuosaurus.

Aw, those poor Pokemon getting eletrocuted. At least they were saved in the end. ^^

I really like how you described the awful conditions in the mines. They made me want to punch that mine owner's lights out.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

Cute story! I never thought about ghost pokemon dying and then re-dying. That surprised me. As did the fact that those pokemon ate stones. It was educating and entertaining. I enjoyed that one!
    These are my favorite Pokemon:

Hey, these are good, I especially like Pidgeot and Umbreon I got a request if you can do them, can you do a Raichu?
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

@Willow's Tara: Sure, so long as you don't mind waiting. I've got a long request list.

This is one of those weird instances where the Pokemon is in this thread and in my longer story. But this story takes place within the game's universe instead of my AU, so it's not the same Metagross (or the same Trainer, heh).

In Process: Blastoise
    On Deck: Heracross, Dugtrio, Sunflora, Exeggcute, Raichu
    Reserve: Whismur (10/04), Rotom (10/30)

METAGROSS
    Ruby entry: Metagross has four brains in total. Combined, the four brains can breeze through difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. This Pokemon can float in the air by tucking in its four legs.

‘It’s a foggy start in Mossdeep this morning, the 11th of June at 6:55 AM. Visibility is down to thirty feet, but it should clear up quarter after 10. The high tide will peak at noon and there is a sixty percent chance of showers this evening, twenty percent chance that it will be severe. Those planning on using Fly to go west should beware of the stormy line between the current low pressure zone and the upcoming high pressure zone.’

There was a pause.

‘And if you don’t get up shortly, I will proceed to count the hairs on your head by chewing on them.’

“All right, I’m getting up.” Steven opened his eyes and saw blue steel. “That is, once you stop hovering over me.”

‘Ah phooey,’ the Metagross said telepathically, drifting back over to the floor with his magnetic field. ‘I thought I had you today.’

“It’s been a while since I conked my head on you first thing in the morning. But don’t think I’ve gotten soft because you haven’t been doing that every day.”

‘Good.’ He walked off, but still used the magnetic field to prevent the floor from cracking under his over one-ton weight.

Steven went through his usual morning routine: a quick shave, then getting dressed, checking his schedule, fetching the newspapers. Before he started on breakfast, he opened a newspaper and set it on the floor for Metagross to read. He was four Beldums that had fused into one personality, which made him extremely smart. If Steven didn’t find things to occupy that quadruple mind, Metagross would find his own puzzles to solve, usually in the form of pranks against him or other people. Fortunately, none of his other Pokemon were that demanding.

He did still have to go over every couple of minutes to turn the page for him. His magnetic field didn’t affect the newspaper. Once breakfast was done, Metagross was done with the normal paper and ready for the Wall Street Journal.

“So Devon and Silph are releasing competing products at the beginning of next quarter,” Steven commented on a story he was reading.

‘Stick with them both,’ Metagross advised. ‘I think Silph should come ahead this time, but there’s a possibility of it going the other way.’

“I hope Dad doesn’t hear that you favor Silph.”

‘It’s the older company, but its researchers are more innovated. Everything Devon does is an update or a rework of another product.’

“I know, but I should stay loyal to my family.”

‘You’re keeping that stock; I would call that loyal enough.’

Steven smiled. “You would.” He used to argue that his fortunes came from his family. But then he started buying and selling stocks according to Metagross’ advice. Now that he was comfortably self-sufficient, he was inclined to agree on this point as well.

The Pokemon scanned over the stock listings. ‘It looks to be a good time to buy into Shuckle Berry Farms. Their stock is low for the time being, but it should return shortly.’

“Okay, I’ll look into that when trading opens.”

‘Do you want some of this newspaper?’

“No, that’s fine.”

Metagross crouched down to pick the part of the newspaper and eat it. ‘You sure? The ink they’re using now is tasty and it’s good for digestion.’

“I don’t think it’s good for mine.”

‘I suppose I wouldn’t know about that.’ He paused and munched on another page. ‘May I have a book on your anatomy?’

Steven picked up his newspaper to hide his blushing. “Um, I think not.” Whenever Metagross learned a new subject, he had all sorts of questions which he asked even if Steven couldn’t know. He could only image the sorts of things he’d be asked if the subject was human biology.

‘Why not?’ He might have a talent for telepathy, but had none for mind reading.

“You already scare off any girls I try to date. If you start talking about biology around them, I might get a reputation for being creepy.” Some people couldn’t tell the difference between telepathy and speech.

‘I suppose. Then again, if your girlfriend can’t handle me, she doesn’t deserve to be going out with you.’

Steven shook his head. “And since when have you been a human relationship expert?”

‘Ever since I started reading ‘Dear Abby’ instead of just eating it.’

“Oh, I see.” He thought about that for a moment. “Are you going to start critiquing my manners?”

‘Maybe. Maybe not.’

He got up to put his dishes in the dishwasher, then patted Metagross on the head as he went by. “Sometimes you’re my best friend and sometimes I wonder why I put up with you.”

The Pokemon laughed, sounding like some rocks clacking together. ‘I do my best to keep you in line.’

“I’m sure.” He went to his computer to check on things before heading out west. “Oh, did I tell you that the Professor has sent his kid out on a journey? And the new Gym Leader’s kid, as I hear it. What was his name?”

‘Norman.’

“Right, him. Those two ought to start with an advantage. I wonder if either of them will make it to challenge us.”

‘Technically, they have the same chance as everyone else. From my calculations of comparing how many Trainers are registered with Hoenn Pokemon League and with how many Champions have been named in the past ten years, that would be a 0.1545 percent chance of one particular Trainer becoming Champion. Unless they get a stellar Pokemon like me, perhaps.’

This time Steven laughed. “Right, no humble Pokemon could get into the Hall of Fame,” he teased.

‘I only relate the truth,’ Metagross retorted, but his Trainer knew him well enough to know that it was a joke too.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 16th September 2008 at 3:40 PM.

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast