Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Off-topic: I'm also doing NaNoWriMo. This is first attempt.

On-topic:

I liked the Torterra's personality. It seemed to fit such a large creature.

The Starly were hilarious though. It really does sound like thats what birds are talking about when you listen to them

As for the Persian/Nido one: I like all the cameos in your stories. It makes them seem to be more, I don't know, "canonical" I guess.

The Persian screamed. “<Murder! You’re trying to murder me!>”

“<Uh, I don’t think that’ll kill you,>” Nino said, puzzled.

“<Yeah, that’s kinda a normal battle wound,>” Nina added.
    Lol. That Persian was a wimp.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

“<Well my name is Lord Fausto Augusto Terzetto Sagittarius Ontario the Third and among Pokemon, I rule this household.>”

Nina tilted her head. “<Soo... you’re Lord F.A.T.S.O.?>”
    L to the O to the L.

So much explained! Giovanni as a teenager? I can almost sympathize with him now. Although now I wonder who the man in the shadows was.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

This year's Halloween surprise: a morning power outage. Joy.

A month and a half ago when all the fuss with Platinum's release was going on, the main page here posted a picture with Rotom's 'dex entry. I looked at it, considered what it could turn into, and two things immediately came to mind: Rotom's last line here, and a thought of 'Oh you know what electronic device I would have Rotom possess?'

There's a reference to another person's fanfic in here; see if you can find it. (And to that author, hope you don't mind!) Happy Halloween!

In Process: Stunky (almost done)
    On Deck: Primeape, Honchcrow, Drapion

ROTOM
    Diamond/Pearl entry: Its body is composed of plasma. It is known to infiltrate electronic devices and wreak havoc.

Cast

Rotom, an Electric-Ghost Pokemon
    Karen, a political telemarketer
    Polly, a political telemarketer
    Bob, a boss telemarketer
    Adam, a pizzeria clerk
    Tim, an ex-boyfriend

(Phone rings)

Rotom: Hello?

Karen: Hello, this is your friendly Jurisdian political party headquarters in Solance City. We’re calling to see if you received our recent postcard detailing our plan to turn Sinnoh in the right direction.

Rotom: Yes, he was a brave mailman.

Karen: Pardon me?

Rotom: He was a brave mailman. Most of the postal workers are terrified of the Houndoom at the front gate. He likes to collect underwear.

Karen: Um, I see. Is this the head of household?

Rotom: That depends on what your definition of head is.

Karen: ...

Rotom: I probably am.

Karen: Good. Have you looked over the mailings and thought about the upcoming election?

Rotom: I think someone ate it.

Karen: (kneads forehead) What are your opinions about this election? The economy needs strengthening and we intend to work hard to address that issue while keeping all jobs secure and fair. Sinnoh doesn’t need to turn into a pure tourist region and lose all of our core jobs.

Rotom: Huh... well I think Pokemon battles should be outlawed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Karen: Pokemon battles?

Rotom: It’s only fair, really. Pokemon do all the work, but don’t get a weekend like humans do. But your weekend of Saturdays and Sundays are packed with Gym battles, because that’s when all the kids are off school. So battles should be outlawed on Mondays and Tuesdays to give Pokemon their own weekend of rest.

Karen: It makes sense, but it’s not an issue this year.

Rotom: Hmph, well it should be.

Karen: What else is important to you?

Rotom: Oh! My sexy new Pokegear 3.0!

Karen: I see...

Polly: (glances over the cubical wall) What’s up?

Karen: (pushes back microphone) Pokemon League fan, a little obsessed I think.

Polly: Ah... then mention the Gym Inspector bill.

Rotom: With this, I can access the Internet wirelessly, make phone calls, download all sorts of music, check out Gym battles, catch TV shows that I missed, play games, and all that comes with a touchscreen! Only, I have some problems with using the touch screen myself...

Karen: (puts microphone back) Have you heard about our recent bill to...?

Rotom: I like the phone part best. I always loved phones. What kind of phone are you using?

Karen: Um... (checks booklet) it’s a Devon Graytooth Wireless Headset.

Rotom: Oooo, Graytooth. Can I check it out?

Karen: Sorry, it belongs to the party headquarters. So what are your plans for voting?

Rotom: Voting?

Karen: (holds back temper) Yes, in the election next week.

Rotom: I can’t vote. I’m a Pokemon.

Karen: Oh... you’re a Pokemon?

Rotom: Duh. Humans don’t live here. I’m Rotom.

Karen: Then sorry about taking up your time, um, Mr. Pokemon. Goodbye. (Cuts off call) Ugh, another low point to this week.

Polly: You reached a Pokemon?

Karen: Geez, who does research around here? And who sells a Pokegear to a Pokemon?

Polly: Are you sure they weren’t messing with you?

Karen: (sighs) It might have been. I’ll put a note to not call that number again.

(Phone rings)

Karen: Hmm? Hey, did they put me on autodial?

Polly: That stinks.

Karen: Here we go again.

Adam: Good morning, you have reached Skarmory Pizzeria; we will deliver your pizzas hot and fresh within half an hour or it’s free. How can we serve you?

Karen: Uh...

Rotom: Hi there! Say, how many people are working in this office?

Karen: I... I’m not suppose to release that information.

Adam: M’am... sir?

Rotom: Well, there’s twenty-one phones. Can we order twenty-one large pizzas?

Adam: Certainly, which office is this?

Karen: We’re not supposed to...

Rotom: The Jurisdian party headquarters in Solance City.

Adam: Okay, and what kind of pizzas do you want?

Karen: Bob won’t approve of this.

Rotom: Whatever. Surprise us, will you? Oh, but make sure at least one has Luvdisc sardines. Mmmm, sardine pizza.

Adam: Great, so twenty random large pizzas and one Luvdisc sardine large pizza. Excellent choice.

Karen: Who eats Luvdisc sardines on a pizza? That’s disgusting.

Adam: What are you talking about?

Rotom: Well excuse me for being reincarnated from a sea predator. At least, I think so.

Adam: Luvdisc sardines are underappreciated seafood delicacies and we make sure to only order the finest and best for our pizzas. They have a refined and sophisticated flavor that only the most discerning of tastes can love. I suppose your Jurisdian party can’t appreciate such finery.

Rotom: I like them because they come in a cute little tin.

Karen: We aren’t ordering pizzas.

Polly: Aw shoot.

Adam: Well you don’t deserve a Skarmory brand pizza. (Hangs up angrily)

Rotom: Smooth move; you made the pizza guy mad.

Karen: What are you doing on this line, Pokemon?

Rotom: Checking out your phone. Oh hey, what’s this number?

(Phone rings)

Karen: Stop messing with my phone!

Tim: Are you trying to make up again?

Karen: Oh, Tim, sorry. This Pokemon is playing pranks on me.

Tim: What kind of Pokemon messes with phones?

Rotom: I love phones!

Tim: Hey, who’s that guy? What’s he doing on this line?

Karen: It’s...

Rotom: I’m hanging on her ear.

Tim: You cold-hearted...! (slams line shut)

Karen: Why are you doing this?

Rotom: Doing what?

Karen: Calling random people and making my day even worse than it started!

Rotom: I just want to know where those numbers go.

Karen: And what else?

Rotom: What else is there?

Karen: Well I’ll make sure you can’t mess with me anymore! (Gets up and shuts down the office power)

Polly: Hey, I had someone willing to talk!

Bob: What’s going on in here? Why’s the power out? We can’t make any calls like this.

Karen: There’s this crazy Pokemon messing up my phone.

Bob: Uh, right. Maybe you should take the rest of the day off.

Karen: I’m not crazy! It’s...

(All the phones in the political office start ringing)

Polly: Uh, do these have batteries?

Bob: No.

Karen: I’m not answering that, I’m not answering that...

Bob: Let me see. (Puts unused headset on speaker phone) Hello?

Rotom: Hello. Where’s that woman that called me?

Bob: How are you calling? The network’s down.

Rotom: Because I’m in your network, silly billy. Now where is she?

(Pause; Karen mumbles with her eyes closed)

Polly: She doesn’t want to talk right now.

Rotom: (sadly) She doesn’t? Does she not like me?

Polly: Um, she’s been having a bad day.

Rotom: But I was just having some fun. She really doesn’t like me?

Karen: You’re terrible!

Rotom: B-but nobody ever calls me. (Sniffs) I’ve got this sexy new Pokegear and nobody ever called me until you did. None of the other Pokemon in the Chateau appreciate technology... I just wanted to talk to someone who appreciates phones like I do. I thought that since you worked with phones, you must love them too...

Karen: Well I wasn’t expecting to call some Psychic Pokemon.

Rotom: I’m an Electric Ghost, not Psychic. Can you at least hook me back up to my Pokegear? It’s my new home and it’s way more comfortable than your stupid Devon Graytooth... (Sniffs)

Karen: Okay, fine. (Turns power back on) There you go, call your Pokegear.

Rotom: If I could vote, I wouldn’t be voting for your mean party.

(Phone line closes)

Polly: That was a little harsh, wasn’t it?

Karen: It’s not like I’ll ever talk to that crazy Pokemon again, right?

The End

(Or Is It?)

Rotom: I’m in ur washing machine, washing ur clothes.

Karen: (shrieks)
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

That was awesome!
    I liked the script technique you tried.
    I only read about three fan fics, so most likely I don't read whatever one you were referencing too.
    Keep up the good work!
    Still waiting on Stunky!

P.S. Can I request an Abomasnow story?

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

Lol, maybe your funniest yet!
    That Rotom was hilarious!
    I'm in ur washing machine, washing ur clothes
    Lol, I'm gonna be singing that all day!
    Oh my jesus, I've been on this site for a year already...
    I think I deserve gifts. Like pie.

Rotom: I’m in ur washing machine, washing ur clothes.
    Epic win XD

Loved it to bits. That Rotom is pure sex and win, I want another Rotom one! ;_;

I laughed so freaking hard at the end. I can imagine opening a washing machine and hearing this mischievious little voice drifting out of it.

I also loved how they tried talking about political stuff, and that Rotom responded by talking about the underwear-collecting Houndoom. XD
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Just one more day... then those political telemarketers will stop... just one more day...

Stunky's entry is one of the less interesting ones, more of a 'fact' than a wild urban myth. I considered it for a while, then thought it could make a good guard. But what to guard? My wild brainstorming came up with an art museum, and then it was, 'Hey, I can use that Pokemon here too!'

BTW, the reference in the Rotom entry was to Smunkie's Gym Rat. Good story: go read now.

In process: Primeape
    On Deck: Honchcrow, Drapion, Abomasnow

STUNKY
    Diamond entry: It protects itself by spraying a noxious fluid from its rear. The stench lingers for 24 hours.

SMEARGLE
    Diamond/Pearl entry: It marks its territory by using its tail like a paintbrush. There are more than 5,000 different marks.

It was either very late at night or very early in the morning, depending on one’s point of view. The stars were still twinkling in the western sky, but the eastern sky was beginning to turn violet-blue. A few people and Pokemon were preparing to help the majority of the city’s dwellers to get into their morning routine. To these morning workers, it was the start of the day.

While the Art Museum would be closed for a few more hours, two Pokemon were inside discussing the art. One of them was rather lovely, with her long and soft violet hair, sleek body, and button-cute eyes. However, she inspired more fear and loathing than awe. The Stunky reputation ruined most of their chances in society. This was why she worked the night shift guarding the Museum; most patrons never knew she even lived there.

The other was more socially acceptable... to a point. He was quite likely the scruffiest Smeargle in the world, with a few cobwebs clinging to his tan fur, smudges of painting fluid on his tail, paws, and nose, and most of his left ear completely missing. As a instinctively artistic Pokemon, Smeargles were novelties admired and collected by the elites of society. This particular Smeargle, though, wasn’t exactly high-class material even if he was considered a prodigy of his race.

“<This painting must represent the struggles of the common man,>” the Smeargle was saying. “<Observe our central gray figure: the vast kaleidoscope of modern society overwhelms his mind with potential, pressure, and problems.>”

The Stunky gazed at the painting, then replied, “<Picasso, it’s a bunch of colored splotches.>”

“<No it’s not, Lucy. You have to destruct the meaning, find the symbolism within. See how the figure of the common man is curved and natural, while the other figures are hard, sharp, and angled? This is a battle for the man’s soul reduced from the fine trappings of things as we see them.>”

“<It looks messy to me, like something a Bidoof could have splattered out with his paws.>”

“<But that would be mindless splatters, not art. Art must have the mind and soul of creativity behind its creation, such as this painting before us.>”

“<Uh-huh, and how do you know that?>”

Picasso flicked his tail; Lucy ducked to avoid a splotch of paint. “<That does take training or talent, I suppose. That’s the problem with modern art; it can only be appreciated by certain minds.>”

The guard Pokemon continued on her walk around the Museum. “<I like the Renaissance art. It’s pretty and you know it’s art.>”

The artist went with her. “<Well that was before the invention of photography. Once making images became so easy that any idiot on the street could do it, the true artists had to find ways to vindicate their talents to the masses.>”

“<Why don’t you do Renaissance art?>”

“<It’s harder for me, since I can’t make my tail do fine movements like humans can. Changing colors is even worse; if I use anything other than my natural green, I have to use my paws.>”

“<I understand. And your paintings are better than those scribbles in this traveling modern exhibit. Your pictures actually look like stuff.>”

“<But my work has to look like more than just stuff,>” Picasso insisted. “<I have to add soul and passion to the lines and shapes. Then it’s art; otherwise, it’s just a picture like a photograph.>”

“<How do you add something like soul?>”

“<That is one of the eternal mysteries of the artist.>”

There was a tinkle of broken glass hitting the floor in the next room. Lucy sighed. “<And that would be a dumb art thief. Excuse me.>” She ran ahead.

“See?” a muffled voice said. “This museum has horrid security.”

“But they’ve never had anything stolen from them,” a second their answered. “They must have something in place.”

“I checked the place out this whole week. There’s some stuff, but easily bypassed. Now come on; the morning crew will be here in a couple of hours.”

Lucy entered the room and growled. Holding her tail high, she stared down the two thieves. “<I won’t let either of you get away cleanly.>”

The second thief, who had just come in through the window, dropped against the wall. He cut his hand on a broken shard doing so. “Whoa, whoa, whoa! You said nothing about the Stunky!”

“It’s just another Pokemon,” the first thief said, although he was hesitant to come closer. “Not even an intimidating looking one.”

“But nothing gets rid of that stench! And I hear they’re territorial...”

Lucy stepped towards them, getting a cringe from both. “<And you’d better believe it. You gonna try anything, punk?>”

“Our Pokemon can take it... I think.” The first thief stepped back. “On the other hand, we might attract attention. Let’s retreat and find another way in.”

“Ri-right boss.” He hurried back out the window. The other followed soon after.

Lucy came over and sniffed the ground. “<Good, they left evidence.>” She left the room. “<I’ll need to... what are you doing?>”

“<Leaving my mark,>” Picasso replied. He had draw a symbol that looked remarkably like a Smeargle missing his left ear. “<I’m the special guest today, so the signs should have my mark.>”

She sighed. “<I suppose it’ll have to stay for the day. Look, could you keep an eye on that broken window? Just make sure no one comes in.>”

“<Sure. What are you doing?>”

“<I have to hit the security alarm to get the police out here, then check to make sure that this wasn’t a distraction. The safety of the art overnight is my priority.>”

“<Ah, I see.>” He looked at his paw, then asked, “<Say Lucy, do you mind it when people freak out just on seeing you? I noticed that you didn’t even have to spray them.>”

“<Sometimes I think it would be nice if people weren’t intimidated by me. But if it were like that, I couldn’t do my job.>” She started off, but then thought of something. “<I usually don’t have to spray anyone. Which is good; the custodial staff hates having to neutralize the stench and the Museum would have to be closed for a few hours.>”

“<So they can get rid of it?>”

She chuckled. “<Because I make sure that the fluid itself sticks to the thief, like you make sure yours sticks to your design. With that marking, anyone who would try to steal from my museum would be caught easily.>”

Picasso laughed. “<Excellent, dear lady. Carry on with your job; I’ll watch the window.>”
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 3rd November 2008 at 5:20 PM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Another great name. Picasso made me laugh. XD

Yet another nice, laid back story, with yet another interesting scenario. I'm loving these. Can't wait for the next one ^_^

Chikorita and it's evolutions hadn't been done yet, or had day?
    In the case earlier is true, use the male version of that starter; the anime is using way too much female ones in a row.

Don't you think.

Oh! and the dialogues of the rotom in the fic previous to this one were the best example of comedy that I've read in long time, and seem to prove your clamings of being a pro author very well ma'am.
    happy writing!

Male version of Chikorita, eh? Sure; I always like doing unexpected genders.

Something I'm surpised no one pointed out yet. Vincent Van Gogh is the artist who cut off his ear, not Picasso. But Picasso makes a better name for a Smeargle, I think.

This scene just sorta struck me; it makes me want to play the Gamecube games again. I have no idea what Mr. Shipley's title means, but it sounds impressive. I guess it could be that he's beaten the Mt. Battle challenge five times.

In process: Honchcrow
    On Deck: Drapion, Abomasnow, Chikorita(male)

MANKEY
    Fire Red entry: Light and agile on its feet, and ferocious in temperament. When angered, it flies into an uncontrollable frenzy.

PRIMEAPE
    Emerald entry: When it becomes furious, its blood circulation becomes more robust, and its muscles are made stronger. But it also becomes much less intelligent.

Although it hadn’t yet reached the ramshackle stage, the house had seen better days. The white paint was peeling off the weathered wood, the porch railing was shaky, and the shingles were coming loose. On the bench swing, an older man was sitting back, playing a harmonica. He too had seen better days. A Primeape was nearby, looking in a smudgy mirror. Every so often, she adjusted her fur. Out in the yard, a Mankey was sitting absolutely still, legs crossed over each other. He was staring at a tall cactus.

Once the Primeape was satisfied with how her fur lay, she picked up a hairclip with a giant silk flower on it, formed like a pink hibiscus. She secured it to the right side of her hair. There, perfect. She fancied that it made her more exotic, like a tropical Pokemon.

A rumble of an engine and the crumble of gravel caught her attention. As her Trainer was still absorbed in his harmonica, she jumped onto the post to see who was coming. It was a mismatched pickup, with a blue body, a red hood, and a light green passenger door. Despite the decidedly unprofessional look, there was a magnet sign on the driver’s door. She couldn’t read, though, and she didn’t recognize the pattern.

The truck shut down with a sputter. A man dressed in a white jacket and tan pants came out. He had a clipboard in hand and some kind of machine attached to his belt. He came up the stairs a smiled briefly at the Primeape. Then he looked to the Trainer. “Mr. Shipley?”

Shipley finished the bar he was playing. No matter what anyone tried to do, he always took his time. He spoke with a drawl like molasses that definitely wasn’t from the region of Orre. “That would be me.”

“Good. You’ve joined the effort to heal the Shadow Pokemon that were captured in the recent raid against Cipher, and we thank you. I’ve come to check on its progress.” He looked quizzically at the flower-wearing Primeape.

He chuckled. “Not ‘er. That’s ‘im out there in the yard. Sophie, would you mind checkin’ on ‘im?”

“<Not at all,>” she replied, jumping off the post into the yard. She hopped over to sit by him. “<Hey, kid.>”

The Mankey didn’t blink. He didn’t budge. He kept staring at the cactus.

“<Kid?>” She stepped closer and waved her hand in front of his face. “<Hellooo?>”

He kept staring.

Sophie frowned. She still wasn’t sure what to make of this kid. He spent most of his time staring off at inanimate objects. If he wasn’t doing that, he was probably angry. That was quite normal for their kind, and yet he wasn’t normal. He had an odd glaze in his eyes and she often felt uncomfortable around him. But Shipley had told her to be friendly, so she’d try.

She sat next to him and stared at the cactus too.

“Do you have his Pokeball with you?” the clipboard man asked.

“Course I do.” He spent a moment unlatching it from his belt. “I usually let ‘em roam around, unless they’re bein’ ornery.”

He took it and attached a wire from his belt machine to it. “Are you an expert on their species?”

“Mm,” he rubbed his chin. “I reckon I am. Trained ‘em mostly over the years. A few others here’n’there, but mostly the Mankey family.”

In the yard, the Mankey turned to Sophie. Maybe he had blinked, but he’d finally acknowledged her presence. “<Hey.>”

She turned to him and appeared friendly. “<Yes?>”

“<You look stupid with that flower on.>”

She glared sharply as her blood began to boil. “<WHAT?>”

The clipboard man’s machine beeped. He checked the readout. “He seems to be healing nice and steady. Do you battle with him?”

Shiply shook his head slowly. “Nope.”

“But you’re listed as an Ace of Mount Battle.”

“I am, but,” he paused for a slow shrug, “these Shadows aren’t that reliable for as powerful as they are. An’ I’ve been workin’ on Sophie for some time; she just evolved yesterday, she did.”

“<You look stupid,>” the Mankey repeated. “<Girly.>”

“<I am a girl, idjit!>” She jumped up to kick him, but he backed out of it, then jumped in to punch her.

“Then if you’re not battling with him,” a furious howl from the Mankey pierced his sentence as the Primeape blocked his punch with one arm and punched him with the other, “what are you doing to heal him?”

“Mmm, well,” a rock kicked by one of the two struck the doorbell, causing it to clamor off-key. “Well I do laundry for some of the busy folks out here for extra money. I throw an old towel in the dryer an’ later toss it on top of ‘im with a fresh dryer sheet. They’re the scented ones, mountain fresh, I think.”

“A warm towel and a dryer sheet?”

“Ayup. It’s cheaper then those fancy perfumes and colognes they sell for this purpose. A couple a pennies or a couple grand; what’re you gonna pick?”

“I see.” He made a note on his clipboard. In the yard behind them, Sophie and the Mankey were wrestling aggressively, growling and spitting at each other. He tried to bite her ear. “Is he giving you any extra trouble?”

“Not particularly.” Sophie yelped and slammed the Mankey into the ground. They rolled for a few feet. “As I said before, I’ve trained ‘is kind for a long time. Can’t really tell now, but I reckon ‘e’s one of them mild types, you know?”

The Mankey gave a fierce bark, enough to make the clipboard man jump slightly. “You think this Shadow is a mild one?”

“Ayup. I’ve seen much worse tempers than ‘is.”

“Really?” He glanced back at the two fighting primates. The Primeape had been pinned to the ground, but she got her legs up and kicked the Mankey into the mismatched truck. After leaving a brand new dent in it, he dropped to the ground, dazed.

“Really. Sophie, come ‘ere.”

She calmed down immediately. Being called by Mr. Shipley was the only certain thing that did so. Once her blood cooled, she hopped back to the porch beside him. She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and soon had her hairclip undone. “<Rats,>” she said sadly. “<My flower wilted.>” She held the scuffed and bent flower to him.

He took it. “Don’t worry, gel, I’ll fix it up. You go get yourself one of the others and we’ll make up some banana shakes, alright?”

She tensed for a moment at a scraping sound, then let loose a backwards punch as the Mankey tried to tackle her. He got knocked onto his back again, although not as powerfully as before. “<Alright, we’ll have banana shakes!>” She started back inside, but then glanced back at the Mankey. “<Hey kid, behave yourself.>”

The Mankey put his hands over his eyes and moaned. “<I have a headache...>”

Sorry for not replying to the last story, it was good. Interesting as always.

And, now for the current story.
    Lol, I love the comedy you put into these.
    Another gender-bender, I never picture Primape as female but, you made it easy.

That was a cool one, and very different. Good old psychopathic Mankeys and Primeapes. XD

Can't wait for the next one. ^_^

This came out a little wacky, as any time I see the word 'cronies', it makes me laugh. It's just one of those words, you know?

In process: Drapion
    On Deck: Abomasnow, Chikorita (male)

MURKROW
    Emerald entry: Murkrow were feared as the alleged bearers of ill fortune. It shows strong interest in anything that sparkles. It will even try to steal rings from women.

HONCHKROW
    Pearl entry: It makes its Murkrow cronies bring it food. It idles its time away, grooming itself in its nest.

To anyone else, the attic space was a reserve of junk. Tacky beaded lamps lit the room in a multicolored display. Ratty old clothes made with sequins hung from crocheted hangers. An overabundance of glitter coating made the room seem like a small child had gotten hyper enthusiastic with a craft project. A disco ball missing a few mirrors hung from the ceiling. The aging cardboard boxes held a ton of costume jewelry and other shiny things. The door was locked and the key in one of the cardboard boxes, so the humans had forgotten that this mess existed.

To the Murkrows, the attic space was a grand palace. Everything about it, the glitter, the glaze, the beads, the mirrors, the disco ball, the jewelry, it was all that they treasured. They had brought the bits and pieces here in honor of their esteemed leader, the one and only, the main man, the Grand Honchkrow of Snowpoint. He lived in the old attic and all the Murkrows called him The Boss.

The Boss had a problem, though. He was far more powerful and cunning than the unevolved birds. That was why he could order them about and make them do all the work. If needed, he could come out and fight off some Purugly or whatever was bothering his cronies. However, the reason he could do this was because the Murkrows had no idea how to evolve. He was the only Honchkrow in the area, and he had intended to stay that way.

But then he had seen it again. A Dusk Stone. One of the Murkrows had brought it in as a gift, thinking it especially nice in that it was dark, shiny, and somehow tasty smelling. “Like something sweet and salty and smokey, and really good,” he had said. “I thought about eating it myself, but then thought better of it and brought it to you.”

That was last week. He had thanked the fellow and given him a single pearl earring, as if it were any other mysterious but shiny thing. He didn’t want them to realize just how special it was. But what to do with it? The Boss had thought long and hard on this issue. He kept coming back to one solution. For that, he left the attic and went to a nearby roof to call a meeting of all his Snowpoint Murkrows.

Down on the streets below, people saw the Murkrows gathering. Whispers of some bad fortune coming over the town began to spread. They had noticed as the mischievous black birds had begun to infiltrate Snowpoint, but had no idea how many there really were. Upon seeing how many Murkrows were sitting on the rooftops... and whatever that grand black bird was. Seeing a Murkrow was thought to bring bad luck, but that Honchkrow, it had to foretell some terrible event coming upon them. The humans hurried home, making signs to ward off evil.

As the Murkrows were all chattering over what this meeting could be about, The Boss spread his wings wide in a showy display. It hushed them. He then nodded, made a grand gesture of tapping his foot, then started his announcement.

“My followers, you have all been loyal and true. I thank you for all your assistance in making this city our own. Without you, I wouldn’t have gotten this far.”

The Murkrows all cheered to this. “But you’re The Boss, man,” a few called out. “We would’ve gone nowhere without you.”

“Our Boss is the greatest, man!”

“Our Boss is the Man, man.”

The Boss chuckled. “Thank you, fine fellows. Now I have been thinking over my life, where I am and where I’d like to be. I have decided that it is time for me to take a bride. If any of you girls are interested, you are to find a great treasure within the next week that represents your devotion to me. To the lucky lady who wins my heart with her gift, I will use my special magic to make you a Honchkrow as grand as I! And probably more beautiful; we’ll see about that.”

There came some excited twitters among the female Murkrows. They were given the chance to become as great as The Boss? This would certainly cause a fierce competition.

The Boss smiled to himself. This was the perfect way to deal with that stray Dusk Stone and make sure he stayed in power. Delighted with his own cleverness, he went back to the attic and started plotting other plots.

A week later...

Dozens of gifts from potential brides lay on the floor in front of The Boss. A string of glass beads shaped like pink hearts, a great many jeweled rings, several school art projects made by gluing a thick layer of glitter in hopefully artistic shapes, this was just a sampling. The Boss was pleased, but still looking for something outstanding from the one he would choose.

The next hopeful put down a shiny spoon. “I’m an interesting bird, so I choose to give you this interestingly shaped object, just like our love would be interesting for everyone else to hear about in interest,” she chattered.

The Boss picked up the gift. It was interesting, with a clamshell shape at the end, but he had other treasures of the spoon. And she talked a lot. “Very nice. I will consider it.”

The next female came over, dragging a heavy gift with her. It was a silver hand mirror, with a beautiful human woman on the handle and black curly lines like a flower on the back. After she made the effort to bring the mirror in front of him, she bowed. “I bring you this fine gift as a token of my feelings for you. I think it fits nicely.”

As he was much larger, The Boss picked it up with little effort. He admired his reflection and cooed. “It is a pretty thing.”

“It reflects just you now, but maybe it will reflect us?” she asked hopefully.

“Maybe.”

The next female bumped into her with excitement. “Here, I found this pretty ring, it’s so pretty,” she clamored.

“Yes,” he said patiently. And he stayed patient while the rest of the hopefuls came forward with their gifts. When he grew tired of the exercise, he flung his right wing out. “Stop. I have made my choice.”

The last few females to bring gifts looked at him expectantly. The others looked on nervously. Save for one. She was completely cool under the pressure.

The Boss pointed her out. “You, the thoughtful miss who brought me this lovely mirror. You are to be my bride.”

Amid coos of protest, disappointment, or thoughtless cheering, she hopped forward. “Thank you for choosing me. I did my best to bring that mirror back to you.”

“Now the rest of you leave so I may work my secret magic on her.”

After the other Murkrows left, The Boss closed the window shutters, just in case. She didn’t seem nervous at all. Just curious about what he was going to do to her.

What he did was start a random muttering of stuff. One time when he was a Murkrow, he had watched a television program on wizards, and they seemed to always be doing random mutterings before casting their magic. Showmanship was more important that having actual ‘magic’.

“Are you just muttering random stuff?” she asked.

“No,” he replied. He brought out the dark shining Dusk Stone and passed his wing over it a few times. Then he handed it to her. “Here. Eat it.”

“A rock?”

“It’s not a rock. It’s a magic piece of salt.”

She sniffed it, then took it. “Alright.” She ate it thoughtfully. “It does seem to be some kind of salt mixed with something else. Hmm...”

“You are sharp to notice that,” The Boss said as the white light of evolution surrounded her. She grew into a lovely Honchkrow. A fitting bride to him, one who would prove how powerful and clever he was.

“Your magic does seem to have worked,” she said, looking over her form. “May I see the mirror?”

It seemed like a harmless request. “Sure.” He handed it over. “It will reflect us now, as you wished.”

“Hmm.” She tested it out, comparing her new strength compared to when she had to struggle to fly the thing up here. “Did you look closely at it?”

“Of course.”

“Then you must have noticed the royal lady here.” She showed her off. “This is a Queen’s Mirror, you see.”

At that moment, The Boss felt like he had made a mistake and had chosen a female cleverer than he was.

Caught this just before you put out the PMs.

I loved how cunning that Honchkrow was, it's too bad he picked bad, he shouldv'e picked the one that brought the ring...she sounded pretty dumb...
    I liked how you made the stones food, it makes more sense that way.

Well it took me a while to read through all of those but im glad i did, i think my favourite one at the minute is the one with Rotom in. Anyway if there is a pm list i would like to be added please

May you do another Rotom one? This time female perhaps?

I loved the past few stories, add me to the PM list?

May you do another Rotom one? This time female perhaps?

I loved the past few stories, add me to the PM list?

The Mankey/Primeape and Honckcrow ones were great, especially the Honckcrow one.
    Cronies is a funny word.
    Can't wait for the Abomasnow one!

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

That Honchkrow one was cool, quite different from the other yet again which is always good. The Boss thought he was so cool, but no. Pwn'd.

It seems you are running low on requests, so may I have a Feraligatr one?

A female Primeape, a female Honchkrow ... I bet that when somebody requests a Machamp story, the Machamp will be female. It's cool, though. You're breaking my stereotypes, and I love that.

Also, nice way of portraying how stone evolution works. Although, the stones are big, aren't they? Those Murkrow might choke on them. o_0

Responding to responders. I have an idea for Drapion, but the NaNo story has got most of my attention right now. The Drapion story is a primitive kind of thing, a nifty idea.

@cbriesa: Yeah, and you freaked me out when you replied so fast! lol

@Killer Grunt: Adding you on! May have to see about trimming the list some time soon, though.

@Jason-kun: Adding you too. I won't be doing another Rotom one, though. It may have various formes, but it's still one Pokemon (with only one 'dex entry too). I do love that phone addicted Rotom character; he might prank call some of the other stories.

@MarshtompMan: Some words are just fun to use. Cronies... or spork!

@otaku-dono: Sure. Big toothy reptile Pokemon, heh.

@darkdragontamer: The enchanted hunk of salt was something I came up with in a random discussion with friends about how stone evolution worked. The other major idea was that it was a radioactive rock. But I like my salt rock better. And I don't imagine them as big, maybe about the size of a Lifesaver candy.

It's been a while. Well, my NaNo challenge is done (yay me!) so I can get back to these. As I mentioned before, this story is set in 'ancient' times, relatively speaking. There were several things I've wondered about, like the ancient statue of Pokeballs in the Lilycove Art Museum, that fed into this story.

Also, with the end of the year holidays coming up, a bunch of wild reserves have appeared!

11/26: In thanks for saving Silph, the President gives you a Lapras. So for Thanksgiving, I'm writing about Lapras. But a day early, as I'll be busy on the holiday.

12/21: Winter Solstice, so Froslass seems like a good choice.

12/24: For Christmas, I'm considering doing a legendary Pokemon. The only one that's appeared here is the Regigigas that JammyU wrote about. I'm not sure which one, so I'm open to suggestions. But not Jirachi. I've already got a story about Jirachi.

In process: Abomasnow
    On Deck: Chikorita (male), Feraligator
    Reserve: Lapras (11/26), Froslass (12/21), (12/24)

DRAPION
    Pearl entry: Its body is encased in a sturdy shell. Its head rotates 180 degrees, eliminating blind spots.

The desert appeared quiet, but that was no reason to relax. There were all sorts of sand and tar pits that one could get stuck in. There were prickly cactuses and scraggly bushes that could hide anything. Even the Drapion scuttling low to the ground, who seeking out some prey for a meal, was cautious despite being one of the predators.

He came across an opening in the desert. Twisting his head around to get a good look around, he stayed low, for there might be larger predators out. He had strong purple body armor and sharp claws on his forelimbs and tail. Still, there might be something out there that could kill him. Today, he saw nothing of danger to himself, but there was a group of small rocks nearby that caught his attention. He left the scrub brush cover to check it out.

It was seven rocks arranged in a specific pattern: one larger rock surrounded by six smaller ones. One half of the resulting ring had been scraped to give it a different texture. It was a symbol that all Pokemon acknowledged. The symbol signified a special place where, according to the law of tradition, one could not kill another.

Drapion snorted and scattered the rocks. This was obviously a lesser Pokemon’s attempt to keep him away from something. Perhaps newly hatched young or perhaps a resting place for a group that had traveled far. Although it was in the peace pattern, it was not the official mark, so he need not acknowledge it.

He lifted himself off the ground and turned his head to get a full look around. There was a disturbance in the sand to his right, a little behind him. He went over to check that out. From the indentations and ridges in the sand, it was apparent that a group of three smaller Pokemon had indeed slept here recently. Hence the attempt to make the place safe for them to rest in.

Nearby, there were ashes contained within a circle of rocks. There had been a fire, but small and contained. It was unusual to find a fire like that. To get a better idea of the situation, he took a deep breath and checked out the smells. These Pokemon weren’t familiar to him, so they were likely traveling through this desert. The fire had died only a few hours ago. And there seemed to be another two body scents that weren’t with the rest of the group.

Curious, Drapion went to one of the other scents and checked out the area. The pattern in the sand was unfamiliar to him. It was a set of perpendicular lines with a larger indentation. A larger Pokemon was protecting the smaller ones. A similar pattern was on the other side of where the three small Pokemon had slept. Not unusual; the smaller ones were probably doing something for the larger ones in exchange.

Would it be worth it to keep an eye on this site? They had left the symbol and he could wait a while. Drapion found a nearby scrub brush that could hide him and spent the rest of the day there.

-+-

They came back as the sun was going down. Of the small Pokemon, there was a yellow-orange fox with three tails, a dainty Bug with colorful wings, and a blue Plant with green leaves poking out its head. As he had thought, they were not native to the desert.

The larger two, though, they didn’t seem like any Pokemon the Drapion had ever seen. They were tall and bipedal, mostly hairless save for the their heads. They lacked any kind of natural defenses or offenses, so they had to wear the skins of others and carry large sticks. However, there was something these two had that seemed to indicate some great hidden power.

They were bearing the peace symbol on the backs of their hands, the sacred ring that was half red and half white around a central black point.

This greatly puzzled Drapion, for he knew of no Pokemon that could actually bear that mark. That symbol was likely the reason why the smaller ones stuck with these two, for even he wouldn’t dare kill them while near it. How could they have enough power to make that mark properly while looking so weak? He decided to observe them for a while to find out.

The smaller of the two went over to the small rocks that had made up the symbol. He made a complex string of noises, which Drapion came to understand as him saying, “Something’s disturbed our campsite.”

An odd way of speaking. The larger male replied, “Go ahead and set it back up. We need all the protection we can get out here.”

The smaller one nodded and set the rocks back into place. The presumably older one checked out the area; he either missed or ignored Drapion hiding under the nearby brush. Then they cleaned up the fire pit, set some new wood inside, then had the fox start a fire. Normally such a thing would burn out, but the strangers were able to keep it going and under control. Intriguing; they didn’t seem to be Fire-types, not like that fox who had helped them.

The Bug flitted around, reminding Drapion of what he had started this stakeout for. If it could be lured far enough away from the symbol-bearers, he could have his meal. Quietly, he left the scrub brush and searched the area. After a few minutes, he located a few stray rocks. He picked one up with his mouth, then spit it out onto another rock, making a thwack sound.

By the campsite, the Bug noticed the sound and came to investigate. Drapion hid by a bush. Unfortunately, it turned out the Bug was also Psychic, as it noticed him and began shrieking. “<Aaaaah, monster!>”

“<Quiet,>” Drapion ordered as he tried to snatch the Bug out of the air.

He missed, and then the younger of the symbol-bearers came. “Master!” he called. “I think it’s the one we’ve been looking for!”

“Then don’t let it get away,” the older one said.

“Butterfree, use Stun Powder.”

Under orders from the symbol-bearer, Butterfree calmed down. “<Uh, right!>” It flapped its wings furiously, sending a fine violet powder over Drapion.

“<This is not worth this effort,>” he grumbled as he started to scurry away. But as he inhaled the powder, his limbs became heavy and he found it hard to move. So hard that the symbol-bearer was able to loop a rope around his legs to keep him from leaving. Snarling, he attempted to scratch the strange creature.

“Careful, boy,” the older one said as he came over. “If he gets you, the poison will kill you.”

“I thought we were here for a Drapion’s poison.”

“We are. While it is very deadly, its properties can be reversed to make a fine healing potion.”

“<You can’t get to my poison,>” he hissed.

“<That’s false,>” Butterfree said. “<But it is true that they can’t understand us.>”

“<What, are they idiots? All Pokemon can understand each other.>”

“<These humans are not like Pokemon. They have power over all the elements.>”

He lifted his head up, getting a startled gasp from the younger symbol bearer. “<What? But that’s impossible!>”

“<I have seen them do it. That is why I follow them.>”

The older human then managed to put a stronger version of Butterfree’s Stun Powder to his nose, robbing him of all movement. Then somehow, they massaged his claws in such a way that his poison dripped out into a glass vial. After he was drained mostly dry, the younger human placed a tablet in Drapion’s mouth. Within seconds, he regained all movement.

“<Would you follow too?>” Butterfree asked.

“<No way,>” he grumbled, then scurried off into the desert. It was going to be difficult for him to hunt tonight, with so little poison at his disposal. But he would have to eat something to get his strength back.

From then on, Drapion avoided humans whenever he smelled them around.

That was nicely done Ysavvryl, I liked the whole taking poison for an antidote thing. YOu did one of my favourites justice. ^_^ I'll say it again, as always, but I love the scenarios you come up with.

For the legendary on Christmas, I'll vote Mewtwo. I'm sure the would be some good laughs regarding him in a Santa suit or something. XD

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast