BY SPECIAL TYPE

Starter: 6
    Blastoise, Charmeleon, Quilava, Torterra, Chikorita, Feraligator

Legend: 3
    Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

???/Shadow: 1
    Mankey

Guests: 4
    Regigigas, Staryu, Starmie, Bannette (not counted in other totals)

HUMANS
    (Note: this category may be off)

In-game Trainers
    Bug Catcher, LT Channeler, Lass

In-game Characters
    Bruno, Steven, Giovanni, Silver, Professor Elm

Other Game Characters
    Ashton (Star Ocean 2)

POKEMON

The Lengthy List

Magikarp, Skitty, Torkoal, Shuppet, Hoppip, Skiploom, Umbreon, Spiritomb, Gible, Shuckle, Clamperl, Spoink, Phanpy, Donphan, Snorlax, Ditto, Snorunt, Shedinja, Zangoose, Gardevoir, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Seviper, Miltank, Tauros, Rhyperior, Pidgeot, Aron, Sableye, Metagross, Blastoise, Ariados, Heracross, Dugtrio, Sunkern, Sunflora, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Raichu, Charmeleon, Whismur, Cubone, Marowak, Kingler, Riolu, Lucario, Quilava, Paras, Torterra, Starly, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Persian, Rotom, Stunky, Smeargle, Mankey, Primeape, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Drapion, Abomasnow, Lapras, Chikorita, Feraligator, Flaaffy, Togepi, Sudowoodo, Farfetch’d, Bagon, Natu, Cherubi, Croagunk, Shelgon, Salamence, Froslass, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Meditite, Medicham, Happiny, Blissey

FUTURE PLANS

Questions To Ask
    What’s it like to be a Gym Pokemon?
    What’s a Pokecenter like?
    How do some hold items work the way they do?
    How can a ten-year-old control super-powered Pokemon?
    Are there Clefaries on the moon?
    Can a Torchic tapdance?

Characters For Potential Use
    Cyrus, Veteran Trainers, Lieutenant Surge, Pokemon Breeder Trainers, Tuber Trainers, Swimmer Trainers, Fisherman Trainers, Parasol Lady Trainers, Fantina, etc...

Other Stories
    This may or may not interest you, but it’s my review, so...

Pokemon Mage Ruby requires 5-6 more scenes written, then it’s done on my end. It’ll be done posting, um, February or March with my current updating scheme. It might have a sequel.

Still working on The Ballad of Deoxys and Mewtwo. I think I’ve got the structure ready. May show up sometime in January, so look for it!

COMMENTARY

Yay, normals are most popular! *hugs a Snorlax* There were a few things that surprised me. In particular, why Rock and Electric are so low. I can understand some of the other low-shows as being uncommon, like Steel, Ice, and Dragon. But Rock's pretty common in game, and Electric has quite a few. Also, Ground was often requested when Rock wasn't?

Dragon is a little odd, because they're popular, yet there's only four, three of them being from one evolution line. Then again, I do like writing for unpopular Pokemon. In that case, why is Bug low?

CONCLUSION

Pokedex One-Shots will continue. Am I ambitious enough to write for all 493 Pokemon? We’ll see. I think I’ll put one legendary (or group, in case of trios) in the reserve category and whenever I can pull together a longer story for it, I’ll post it. I believe the current requests on legendaries are Darkrai, Lugia, Mewtwo, or the R/S/E Regis.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 31st December 2008 at 7:32 PM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Very good!
    A great story to ring in the new year!
    I swear you could write a Pokemon Chicken Soup book if you wanted too!

Well, I couldn't think of any Steel Pokemon, but since you're low on Dragons too, how about a Dragonite/Garchomp one?

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

“I’m making my special eggnog,” the Trainer of Chantal replied.
    The bolded part sounds a bit awkward, but that's the only grammatical error in there.

LOL, pink fairies crashing an emo party. That's something I'd like to see. ^_^ Excellent job.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Green/Yellow - I guess you could call it accidental.

That made this vigil less stressful. Once they reached inner balance and were able to focus outward, like she had reached, these long moonless nights were nerve wracking.
    This sounded a little weird. I think once you read that part you'll understand. Otherwise if it is meant to be like that, then i am just dumb lol.

It was a good story, but seemed to have been lacking a little. I don't really know in what. It was still good.

I liked the Happiny and Blissey story. It was nice to see how the spying worked out, and how Sunny found out about Jeremy and grew up a little. It is also funny how Blissey's eggs was a truth serum.

In your Review, i liked those questions. Good thoughts for new stories.

I also have a request. A story about a Dragonite, as Marshtompman has requested. So i guess i am adding to Marshtompman's request.
    Last edited by #Chimecho#; 3rd January 2009 at 1:12 AM.

I have currently read up to the Torkoal story, but I need sleep. Please add me to the PM list when you add a new story, because they are really good for One-shots. The best sp far IMO is the Magikarp one. Too bad the girl didn't show off Tuna at school, to show up Billy and his Tauros......... keep up the great work.

EDIT: I read all the storys, and they were all great. The Metagross one was funny, as was the Chikorita one. The Happiny/Blissey one was alright IMO, but well written none-the-less. Everytime I finish reading one, I get sad that there isn't a sequel. If I can make a suggestion for a Pokemon to use, why don't you do a story about a Blaziken/Infernape fight. That would be great, but make sure Blaziken wins. Or a story about the Zubat line.......
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 3rd January 2009 at 8:57 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Request list is getting long again, so you'll have to be patient. And I only take requests for the Pokemon, not the plot. I like to surprise people, like with this one. If you've seen the show Animaniacs, you'll know what this is about. But I think you'll still enjoy it if you don't know that cartoon.

Checking my calander, I see that January 26 is Chinese New Year, and it's Ox this time. The closest Pokemon to an Ox is Tauros, which I already did. However, the 26th is also Australia Day and Republic Day (for India). So, uh, combining all three cultures, the closest Pokemon is... Kangaskan!

In Process: Ludicolo/Shiftry
    On Deck: Torchic, Turtwig, Igglybuff/Waillord, Dragonite/Garchomp, Zubat line
    Reserve: Kangaskan (01/26)

LEAFEON
    D/P entry: Just like a plant, it uses photosynthesis. As a result, it is always enveloped in clear air.

DRIFLOON
    Pearl entry: It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. However, it gets pulled around instead.

It was an idyllic suburban neighborhood, with tidy green lawns, brightly white houses, pretty flower beds, and the occasional tacky lawn statue. It was a place where fences were to keep pets in place and the kids could run across the street at any point. Freed from the worries of the big city and small town alike, residents were able to pursue any passion they wanted.

Particularly if it made one’s family look better than any other family in the neighborhood.

One home was especially happy, if the delighted squeals and laughter from the backyard were any indication. There was a toddler tied to a harness, which was secured to a large oak tree. Somehow, she had climbed up the tree, got the leash caught on a knot, and thus was using the harness as a bungee cord to bounce up and down in midair. “Hi Buttons!” she called shrilly before being snapped back up.

In a sunnier part of the yard, a Leafeon wagged his tail in response. He wasn’t too concerned about her play, even if he was supposed to be watching out for her. He’d seen Mindy pull off crazier stunts and she always walked away unhurt. As for him getting hurt by her stunts... he’d rather not dwell on that.

The backdoor opened, letting out two nicely dressed women. Buttons looked over them, wary about any strangers coming close to his girl. But it was just the lady of the house and one of her party guests.

The guest came over to him, knelt down, and scratched his head. “Aw, it really is a Leafeon. It must have been so much trouble to get him, since Eevees are so expensive and it requires extreme effort to get this evolution.”

The lady of the house smiled, knowing that she had one-upped everyone with this choice of a Pokemon pet. “But it’s worth all the trouble. He’s such a sweetheart and very gentle around Mindy. Since he gets most of his energy from the sun, he doesn’t eat much, so the food doesn’t cost a fortune like your Arcanine. And he cleans the air in the house naturally, so what more could you ask for?”

“How wonderful,” the neighbor said cheerfully, although inside she was burning with jealousy.

The back door opened again. “Honey, how does this camera work again?”

The neighbor sighed. “I’ll be right there.” She patted Buttons one last time. “He’s obviously a sweetie.” Then she got up and went in the house.

The lady of the house waited until the door was closed, then said, “Remember, Buttons, that you can’t be making a lot of noise while everyone’s over. And don’t go digging in the trash can; we don’t want to look like savages, do we?”

He shook his head. “<Of course not.>”

She patted him on the head. “Good. Mindy?”

The blond-haired toddler squealed as she started back down. “Hi Nice Lady, wheee!” She bounded back up again.

“Can’t you call me Mommy, at least for the party?” she pleaded.

“Okay, Nice Lady,” Mindy replied, blissfully more concerned with her bungee harness.

She shook her head. “Oh, I hope you break out of this phase soon. It’s so embarrassing. Don’t hurt yourself.” She went back inside to the party.

Buttons watched, then huffed. “<And you wonder why I’d rather spend all my time with her,>” he mumbled to himself. He went back to soaking up the sun. So long as Mindy kept bouncing and squealing, she was all right.

A gust of wind blew through the yard, bringing in a violet colored balloon. The balloon opened its eyes, betraying itself to be a Drifloon instead of an ordinary decoration. Thinking, he twisted his ribbon arms together, then apart. He moved closer to the toddler. “<Child, come with me,>” he said soothingly.

Mindy’s momentum had slowed some, so she pointed at the Drifloon. “Ooo, pretty balloon.”

Knowing that tone, Buttons checked on her. That ‘ooo’ nearly always meant trouble. This time, the cause was a Pokemon that he wasn’t familiar with. He got up and moved closer, just in case.

Drifloon held his ribbons out and swished his string tail. “<Come with me to another world, yes? You never need come back to this one again.>”

A kidnapper? Buttons growled. “<You’re not taking my girl anywhere!>”

“Aaa,” Mindy said, reaching out with all her might. She grabbed hold of the Drifloon’s tail. “Gotcha!”

“<You get away from her,>” the Leafeon threatened.

“<What can you do about it?>” Drifloon taunted smugly. “<I’m up here, and you’re going to be toast.>” He flicked a ribbon, summoning a gust of wind.

Yipping in pain, Buttons was knocked over and flipped in the strong wind. He got back onto his feet, but was dizzy. “<Ugh, I’m gonna... get you for that.>” He fumbled to the ground, too dizzy to stand.

Mindy broke into laughter. “Silly Eevee,” she said.

‘She doesn’t mean anything by it,’ Buttons reminded himself. ‘She’s too little to really understand.’

Drifloon wrapped his tail around her wrist to get a better grip. “<Come away, child, come with me.>” He started to pull her away.

The girl looked down at the ground and noticed that she wasn’t bouncing anymore. So she squirmed until the harness started stretching and retracting again. “Whee!”

Still holding onto her, Drifloon was tugged up and down as well. “<Whoa, hang on! I...>”

By the time Buttons got his bearings back, Mindy was going at full tilt again. She clung tight to the stranger, jerking him about. “Bouncy, bouncy!” she called out merrily.

“<Oh, my poor head,>” Drifloon moaned. “<I think I’m going to hurl.>”

He snickered. Then, an idea came to him. Buttons went over to the trash can and located what he had in mind. He plucked that out, then returned to the backyard.

One way or another, Drifloon had managed to unwrap himself from Mindy’s wrist. He was hovering low by Buttons’ house. The Leafeon came up to him and dropped his item. “<So you’re gonna play with Mindy now?>”

“<Yes, play,>” he replied deceptively. “<She will play with me. I do wish that she would come down and play a little nicer.>”

“<That can entertain her for hours. Anyhow, I thought you’d like to see this.>” He nosed the limp remains of a popped balloon.

It was just an ordinary balloon, but it had the effect he wanted. Drifloon shivered. “<Th-tha... what terrible carnage.>”

“<This was Mindy’s last balloon. I’m just warning you to watch out for yourself. She’s too young to realize when she’s being too rough.>”

In the meantime, Mindy had slowed in her bouncing enough to unlatch the harness from the leash. It was supposed to be childproof, but nothing was around that child. She dropped to the ground and ran over to the two Pokemon. “Balloon!”

Drifloon hovered up out of her reach. “<Erm, I believe I must locate a less dangerous child to ta... I mean, to play with, of course.>”

“<But she’ll miss you,>” Buttons said in mock sadness.

He flicked his ribbons. “<Ahem, I won’t.>” Then he set off to catch the wind again.

“Awww,” Mindy pouted, sticking her lower lip out.

Buttons nosed her affectionately. “<You’re better off with regular balloons.>”

Just then, the lady of the house came back out. “Now where did I put that bowl?” she mumbled to herself.

Uh-oh. Buttons knew that his mistress was occasionally sharp-eyed, and that included things like the busted balloon. He went to cover it with his paw.

But she came over to them. “Mindy, what are you doing off.. Buttons! I told you not to go digging in the trash.” She snatched the broken balloon away.

He lowered his ears. “<B-but I was saving her from an evil balloon,>” he stated, even though he knew she couldn’t understand.

Seeing him upset, Mindy hugged the Leafeon. “I love you, Buttons.” Then she gave him a sloppy toddler kiss.

That made the trouble worthwhile. He put a paw on her shoulder. “<Thanks.>”
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Aww, it was a nice story. I liked Mindy's character. Leafeon being called buttons, sounds kinda funny lol, but it works in adding to Mindy's character in a way.

Aah, Mindy & Buttons.
    That brings back memories.
    But I never would have visualized Buttons as being a Leafeon.
    And the idea of Pokemon kidnappers is just creepy.
    Great job!

Good chapter again. Mindy and Buttons are wierd for names, especially for the Pokemon you used, but are still clever. There might be one grammar error, but that doesn't matter. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoc15 View Post
    Good chapter again. Mindy and Buttons are wierd for names, especially for the Pokemon you used, but are still clever. There might be one grammar error, but that doesn't matter. Keep up the good work!
    Well, the names are actually from the show Animaniacs, as are the characters.

“<Child, come with me,>” he said soothingly.
    Remind me why I thought Drifloon was cute again. *shudders* He was really creepy. Although I LOL'd at his reaction to the popped balloon. Leafeon as a perfect pet was a nice touch too.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Question jordan shoes

is jordan shoes good enough for play basketball?。

Red face

I adore these one-shots, this has to be my favorite thread ever. ;o; May I be added to the PM list? To make this less spammy, my favorites are Hoppip/Skiploom's and Quilava's, though there weren't any that I didn't really enjoy reading. I'd request one but I see you're full of them, I'll be patient~

Looking forward to the next!

{ Click above to see my art thread. }

I also write.
    { Song of the Small }

A study of the journey 'fic.

'I should like to lie at your feet and die in your arms.'
    ~Voltaire

Seems like I've been writing on nearly every project at hand but this one.

@darkdragontamer: Drifloon is cute! Cute like those creepy little girls in horror movies, which still gets it into Amity Square.

@Estuary: Hi, nice to hear from you! You're added.

#Chimecho# has a nice story coming up, so look for it!

Guest: #Chimecho# with Sandshrew
    In Process: Torchic
    On Deck: Turtwig, Igglybuff/Waillord, Dragonite/Garchomp, Zubat line
    Reserve: Kangaskan (01/26)

LUDICOLO
    Emerald entry: When it hears festive music, all the cells in its body become stimulated, and it begins moving in rhythm. It does not quail even when it faces a tough opponent.

SHIFTRY
    Sapphire entry: Shiftry's large fans generate awesome gusts of wind at a speed close to 100 feet per second. The whipped-up wind blows anything away. This Pokemon chooses to live quietly deep in forests.

The Zamastil Wilderness was an alpine forest, thick and green all year round. There were signs of a former human habitation. Open-walled wooden structures provided shelter from rain. Cozy cabins held coal-burning stoves, which could be used by Fire Pokemon to keep others warm during snow. The asphalt paths were mostly broken-up by tree roots and hardy weeds, but could still be followed. However, humans hadn’t been here for a long time.

Another thing they had left behind was a building called the Main Lodge. It had solar conductors on the roof, which provided good power for the stray Electric types that survived only on that food source. The solar conductors also powered an intercom system, through which any sound played in the control room could be heard for miles around. It had provided a novelty for young Pokemon when the control room was first broken into, but was primarily used by the two Guardians of the woods.

Unfortunately, the sound system led to a civil war.

During the day, Ludicolo was Guardian. He was a bright and cheerful Pokemon. He loved high-energy festive music, and there were a dozen CDs of samba, salsa, mambo, and polka that he adored. He would then dance his way merrily through his patrols, calling out greetings to others and making sure nobody littered. The daytime Pokemon liked their Guardian in the same way they liked his music: they either enjoyed it or learned to tolerate it.

But when the sun began to set, the festive music abruptly ended. Ludicolo would rush to the Main Lodge and call out, “What was that for?! That was the best music ever and you interrupted it for your boring slow songs.”

The Night Guardian Shiftry shook her head. “Your music is a pain and so are you.” She would then slash her fanned leaf arms at the air, sending an intense gust of wind at him. He would tumble back into one of the pine trees, then get up and grumble off to bed.

During the night, Shiftry protected the forest. She was a quiet and somber Pokemon. She loved music that touched the soul, and there were a dozen CDs of blues, soft jazz, meditative chants, and soul that she adored. She would then quietly go through her patrols, telling others of her reflective meditations and breaking up any arguments. The nighttime Pokemon liked her, but thought she was a bit spooky and that her music wasn’t a good background for battles.

But when the sun began to rise, the gentle music abruptly ended. Shiftry would appear by the Main Lodge and call out, “Your music is too disruptive. Nobody can think properly with that racket going on.”

The Day Guardian Ludicolo would stick his tongue out at her. “Your music is boring and so are you.” He would then strike her with a blast of water, which invariably messed up her carefully arranged leaves and hair. She would then slip off and grumble her way to bed.

Over time, the twice daily arguments got louder and longer. Shiftry would try to be at the Main Lodge before dawn so that she could sneak attack Ludicolo before he changed the music, but then he would come in through the window. He would try to disturb her nest so that she slept longer, but then she would already be gone. They even tried using the sound system itself to discourage the other, calling out insults or challenges.

Then the battles spread down to their younger cousins. The Lotads and Lombres followed Luidcolo and declared that the daytime music was better. The Seedots and Nuzleaves went with Shiftry and argued that the nighttime music was better. These ones would fight each other upon sight, often disrupting other Pokemon.

And then the battles spread to others in Zamastil. Weedle fought Caterpie, Geodude fought Nosepass, Bellsprout fought Oddish, Zubat fought Taillow. Some species even fought within their own group when two individuals preferred different music styles. During this, the shy kinds, like Abra and Ditto, went into deeper hiding to avoid all the fighting.

Finally, it got to be too much. In one terrible battle, both Shiftry and Ludicolo fell unconscious, leaving the forest without an able Guardian. During this time, a particularly brave Ditto snuck into the control room and made an announcement. “The wise and considerate Elder Venusaur sends me with a challenge: a week from now, Ludicolo and Shiftry are to have a dance contest to see whose music is better. Until then, she decrees that there will be no fighting and no music.”

And since nobody wanted to argue with Elder Venusaur, the Zamastil Wilderness was silent for one week.

Then came the fateful evening. Elder Venusaur arrived early to make sure everything would be fair. She was one of the oldest and wisest creatures in the woods, yet the crimson and yellow flower growing from her back was still bright and soft. She didn’t move around much these days, so a great many young Pokemon came to see her as much as they came to see the contest.

Ludicolo was there. He had brushed out the yellow-green fur on his body and polished up his colorful sombrero. Being naturally energetic, he shifted about and paced while waiting on the contest to start.

Shiftry was there. She had carefully dusted over her leaves so that there was no dirt in them and brushed out her long white hair to be graceful. Patient, she sat on a log bench and checked her red-brown skin to make sure the sheen was still uniform.

Venusaur ruffled her fern-like leaves, causing the gathered crowd to hush. “I want no booing or disruptive actions from anyone,” she told all that were there.

The crowd of Pokemon nodded in agreement.

“As for you both, you will have one song to dance to. A Kadabra is already in the control room, ready to play the CDs for you. The songs will be of equal length, so it is up to your dancing alone to decide which kind of music is best. Who shall go first?”

Shiftry glanced suspiciously at her peer.

Ludicolo made an overzealous bow. “I will allow the lady to go first.”

“I thank you for being so gracious,” she replied, although the tones they used showed no graciousness.

“Then let’s begin,” Venusaur said.

When the music began, Shiftry was pleased that Kadabra had picked one of her special favorites, an elegant jazz piece with a reminiscing saxophone and a plaintive piano. She danced with her soul, using gentle twirls and beautiful leaf swirls to express her love for this music. It was very touching. Even Ludicolo was reminded of the quiet tender moments of his life that brightened his soul when all else seemed dark.

At the end of her dance, the audience clapped, rustled, buzzed, or cheered in approval. Or just politeness in a few cases. Shiftry smiled and gave a bow, feeling confident that she had passed on her love of her music.

“That was beautiful,” Venusaur said. “Now, it is your turn.”

“All right, Elder,” he replied. He felt nervous to be going after that flawless performance. But if he did not succeed here, then his music might be banned and life would become dismal. He prepared to show off his best moves.

Thankfully, the Kadabra picked one of his absolute favorites, an animated polka with a joyous accordion that never failed to boost his mood. He danced with his heart, using spinning jumps and a righteous boogie to express his love for his music. It was invigorating. Even Shiftry felt elated and festive as she watched her peer dance about with no inhibitions.

At the end of his dance, the audience all cheered and whistled, ready for a party. Ludicolo smiled and made an exuberant twirl for them. Shiftry felt worried, because he had put everyone in a good mood that did not agree with quiet moments.

“That was thrilling,” Venusaur said. “Now, give me a few minutes to consider this.” She closed her eyes and would not be bothered by anyone.

The Kadabra appeared in the crowd as various Pokemon discussed which dance they liked better. “Don’t forget your duties,” he quietly reminded the Guardians.

Agreeing with that, Shiftry and Ludicolo walked among the crowd and made sure none of the discussions broke into arguments. They knew Venusaur did not like being interrupted when she was thinking. And neither wanted to lose because of that.

After a long wait in which the night completely overtook the evening, Venusaur opened her eyes and rustled her leaves. “I have made my decision.”

Everyone paid attention in earnest.

“Shiftry’s music is ideal for the night: contemplative, meditative, and somber. Ludicolo’s music is ideal for the day: active, bright, and cheerful. Therefore, each should play at those times, not the other.”

“But what about evenings and mornings?” Ludicolo asked.

“Those are always the times we argue over,” Shiftry added.

The Elder nodded. “The evenings and mornings. These should be times of silence, in respect for the passing of the old, and in awe of the coming of the new. And thus it will be.”

And thus the Zamastil Wilderness had festive music for the day, elegant music for the night, and silence for the morning and evenings. With that, the battles lessened and peace returned.

That is, until a Mankey discovered how to work the zip cord lines.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 11th January 2009 at 7:17 PM.

haha! That felt like a dun Dun Dun moment.

He felt nervous to be going after that flawless performance.
    This sounded a little awkward.

sound system led to a civil war.
    I thought this was funny to. I share a room with my little brother, and we never fight over music because he learned to tolerate mine. I wonder what would happen if we fought about who's music would reign supreme .

The Elder nodded. “The evenings and mornings. These should be times of silence, in respect for the passing of the old, and in awe of the coming of the new. And thus it will be.”
    I liked this quote. Specially "in respect for the passing of the old and in awe of the coming of the new."

Open-walled wooden structures provided shelter from rain. Cozy cabins held coal-burning stoves, which could be used by Fire Pokemon to keep others warm during snow. The asphalt paths were mostly broken-up by tree roots and hardy weeds, but could still be followed. However, humans hadn’t been here for a long time.
    I would love to live here, even though it is a little run down. It seems peaceful and inviting to me ^^.

I will post the Sandshrew story up after people have read and commented Ysavvryl's great story.

I knw I asked to be on the PM List, may you take me off of it? I'll be a bit busy with other fic writing of my own. Nice one-shots though.

Drifloon is cute! Cute like those creepy little girls in horror movies, which still gets it into Amity Square.
    Well, I guess it is in that sense. ^^;

One can only imagine. o_0

I liked the conflict this one produced, the whole dark versus light thing. Excellent as usual. ^_^

The Leafeon / Drifloon one was good. I used to watch Animaniacs, so it was a kind of nostalgic for me.

The Shiftry / Ludicolo one was very well writen. I alwayls like those stories with the light verses dark plot. As for the Mankeys and the zip-lines, that could be a whole new story.

I've been busy lately, but I should be back on a more regular scedule soon so I'll be able to check in for each story.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Shiftry and Ludicolo chapter=ownage! I loved it, and it seemed like a chapter that would appear in my story, although it would have humans. You know what, I might do a story on here. See ya!

Thumbs up Yay!

The Shiftry-Ludicolo story was just epic, and I loved the Venusaur's decision. It was also very clever to have the Pokemon take over a human habitat and manipulate it for their own uses- these stories are so inspiring sometimes. Great work!

{ Click above to see my art thread. }

I also write.
    { Song of the Small }

A study of the journey 'fic.

'I should like to lie at your feet and die in your arms.'
    ~Voltaire

Hello

I want to thank Ysavvryl for allowing me to post a Podedex One-Shot, and helping fix it up. I possibly should have gone for First Person, since I am better writing in First, but we shall see how it fares. I hope to have the privileged to possibly post another.

Anyway, without further a due.

Sandshrew:
    Ruby: Sandshrew's body is configured to absorb water without waste, enabling it to survive in an arid desert. This Pokémon curls up to protect itself from its enemies.

~~~~~

He was lost.

Every direction he looked, there was a dense wall of trees. It was cool and damp here. He didn’t like it. He didn’t like water and rarely needed it. Daylight barely faded in through the treetops. He had to get out of here before the night fell and it got colder. Once night hit, he wouldn’t be able to see. That wasn’t new to him. Vision had never been his best sense, but in places where he was foreign, it was the only sense he wanted to keep.

<Which way do I go? I don’t know which way I came from.>

He decided to pick a direction and stick to it. If he wandered around in circles he wouldn’t get anywhere. He picked a direction, stepped that way and kept on going, crawling over logs; rolling through bushes; walking around trees; rolling down small hills.

It had been hours since he began crawling through the forest. He was tired and didn’t want to move much more. He sat down and started thinking about home and how much he missed it. Thinking too much, he started to cry.

<Even if I got out, where would I pop out from? How would I find my way home? Or would I get even more lost?>

Sandshrew's thoughts stopped as he stiffened up from a noise nearby. It came from the bushes who's leaves were shaking violently. Instinctively a defensive type, Sandshrew curled into his defensive ball blocking all sight.

“Whoa? You’re a Sandshrew!” came a voice. “I never expected to see one in a forest. Are you okay little buddy?”

The voice got closer to Sandshrew and he tightened in his ball even more. Sandshrew didn’t know what to do. He understood this foreign sound, but he didn’t want to uncurl.

<What creature has a voice like that? It can’t hurt me if I am like this. I will just remain curled up for now. Hopefully it will go away.>

“I bet you’re lost. I don’t know how you ended up inside a forest in the first place, but you must be pretty scared.” Trying to be comforting the voice went on. “It’s okay if you’re scared. I got lost inside here once. I found my way out eventually, but I cried for a while. I was so scared. Now, I come to my spot inside here everyday to get away from everyone. It’s my one place to be alone and away from the world. My only place of comfort.”

Sandshrew didn’t know how, but he understood how the creature felt and what the creature said. He began to trust the voice, a little.

<Maybe it can help me find my way out>

He thought for a little while before he decided to meet the owner of the voice. Slowly uncurling, he stood up straight and looked where the voice came from.

A boy stood in front of the bushes that were now pushed down and parted through the middle.

The boy was little, with brown, spiky hair and eyes green like emeralds. He was wearing a white T-Shirt, blue jeans and brown boating shoes. His face held a smile that was soft with gentleness. His cheeks, however, were swelled with redness and his eyes had a red tint to them. He had to have been crying just a little earlier.

The boy didn’t look aggressive to Sandshrew and that was enough to trust him fully. What else could he trust in this forest?

The boy looked at the Sandshrew standing in front of him, with its yellow armor like hide, white belly, white claws and black eyes. Rolling his eyes over its body, he caught sight of a cross-shaped scar on its left ear.

How do Sandshrews get scars? Their skin is suppose to be tough right? It must have been something powerful to cause that.

Wondering what it was, he forgot for a second Sandshrew was there. When it moved a little he snapped back into reality and remembered Sandshrew had to get home.

Whatever, I gotta get this Sandshrew out. Theres plenty of day left so I can get back home in time.

“Come on Sandshrew, follow me, I’ll get you back home. If I am right you live in the desert, close by here, correct?” The boy asked hoping the Sandshrew would understand what he was saying.

Once again the boy spoke to him, and he understood. Without thinking he answered.

“<Yes, that’s right.>”

“Haha! I’ll take that as a yes. Come on then.” With that, he turned and walked past Sandshrew on his left, heading East. Sandshrew followed closely behind, not wanting to lose the only thing that could save him right now.

They began inching their way through the forest.

The boy helped Sandshrew over logs, and even crushed down bushes sacrificing his arms and legs to cuts just so Sandshrew could get through easier. Sandshrew didn’t really understand it.

<Why would he help me? He doesn’t need to do this, I can easily get through bushes unharmed.> It was comforting to Sandshrew, how the boy would do this for him. He was never shown such a kindness… It didn’t make sense.

Sandshrew started to think about what would happen after the boy brought him home. <Would I ever see him again? Why do I feel like I will be sad?> Something was pulling at his chest. Something wanted him to remain with the boy. Something wanted him to be there for the boy and in exchange he would be cared for by the boy.

After a little while, they saw through the edge of the forest. The sun shone bright and illuminated a field of grass. Beyond the field lay a desert. <Home> thought Sandshrew. They walked out of the forest and across the field.
    The closer to home Sandshrew got, the more pain he felt about what would happen once they headed their separate ways. <Maybe…. Maybe it will work out. Maybe I will forget about him or…> Or what? He didn’t have any other ideas.

They stepped into the sand.

“All right Sandshrew. I believe this is your home. I think I will rest here a little.” With that, the boy sat down and laid back on grass that was rooted in sand.

Sandshrew felt compelled to stay. Home was there, but he didn’t want to go now. Home wasn’t something he enjoyed too much, but it was better than being alone. With this boy, he wasn’t alone. He felt… something. Something he couldn’t explain. But it was there; that was good enough for him.

He nudged the boy with his head and laid down too.

The boy didn’t understand why Sandshrew didn’t dash off to home right away, but he was glad. This little monster grew on him. The only thing in this world he liked right now was the Sandshrew and he only had just met it.

The sun slowly went down. It was getting late. He sat up in the sand and looked around. Sandshrew wasn’t anywhere to be seen. The boy felt a sadness trickle in his heart as he stood up. He had to leave now and that pained him.

Looking around one last time, he saw nothing and slowly turned away. As he walked away something hit the back of his leg. He turned around and saw Sandshrew balled up in front of him. Uncurling, Sandshrew looked at him with a sad expression in its deep black eyes.

“Don’t worry little buddy. I’ll come and visit. I know you don’t like the forest, but hey, come visit me too anytime. I will be at the spot we met. The forest is my comforter right now, so you will see me in it often.” He started to chuckle. “I hope you can understand me. I don’t even know why I am talking to a wild Sandshrew.”

Sandshrew rolled up into a ball and rolled back into the sand. He was gone.

Oh well. It didn’t. Well maybe I will see it again sometime.

He walked on.

Why do I feel sad? It shouldn't be new to me... but....

Sandshrew looked around. Home… But it didn’t feel like home to him anymore. Something told him he belonged somewhere else… not here.

Cool, first review!

Anyway, I liked this one. It avoided the clich&#233;s that usually go with this type of plot yet still kept a touching feel. I hope you can write another one sometime.

These guest entries are making me want to give it a try. I'll think about it and maybe do some planning before making an official reservation.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

I love that Sandshrew story. Especially with how it ends; an acknowledgement that truly loyal friendships take time to develop.

Looks like I can expect a few more guest entries soon; great! Also, I'm putting Luvdisc on reserve for Valentines Day. Should be obvious why.

There's a stealth pun in this journal-type entry.

In Process: Turtwig
    On Deck: Igglybuff/Waillord, Dragonite/Garchomp, Zubat line
    Reserve: Kangaskan (01/26), Luvdisc (2/14)

TORCHIC
    Ruby entry: Torchic sticks with its Trainer, following behind with unsteady steps. This Pokemon breathes fire of over 1,800 degrees F, including fireballs that leave the foe scorched black.

August 25

I got the Torchic! The boys were arguing as usual, so I slipped by them into the lab. That way, Professor Birch gave me first choice. My Torchic is very cute: as soon as I picked him, he started hopping along after me. If I stop suddenly, he bumps into me and falls down. Poor guy. His balance is kinda bad right now, but Birch told me that he’ll improve.

I was so excited. I named him Trails, because I wanted to take off right away. But then we got an unwelcome announcement. Since we’re only ten, we can’t leave because we have to start school tomorrow. It’s so unfair. People keep talking about how exciting it is to pick your starter, and then go off on a journey around the land, maybe even around the world, but then school has to butt its ugly head into the picture. Gah.

I still like Trails, though. He’s watching me write, occasionally nipping at the pen. Stop it, Trails! He’s funny.

September 2

I feel bad about going to school and leaving Trails on his own. He always follows me to school, giving me the most forlorn look for leaving him behind with the other Pokemon. I keep telling him that I’m sorry, that I’m not abandoning him, that I’ll be back to pick him up when the school day is over, but he still gives me those sad eyes.

The principal says that we can’t bring our Pokemon into the classroom. He says it would be distracting. Well I think it’s distracting when I feel bad about leaving him behind.

September 14

Trails has been better about not giving me a guilt trip over leaving him for the school day. I guess he’s figured out that he just has to be patient. However, he’s been tired whenever I do go and pick him up. I’ve caught him napping when I get out of class. I wonder what he’s doing.

I don’t think he’s fighting. The Mudkip and Treecko are getting really good at battles, while he hasn’t improved much at all. It’s weird, but I bet the boys are going to pick on me about that, saying that a girl can’t be a good Trainer. I’ve tried to tell Trails that we can’t slack off. But I don’t want to make him fight if he’s tired.

September 17

I found out what Trails has been doing while I’ve been in school. It’s funny and it proves that he’s much cleverer than the other two.

At lunchtime, he came up to my table and got my attention by nipping at my pants and tugging. I thought he was just looking for attention at first, but then he would hop off elsewhere and look back at me. I finished eating early, so I followed him into an unused classroom near the room where our Pokemon stay.

There was a TV with a DVD player on the desk. Trails can get up there by hopping onto a chair, then onto the desk. And he’s figured out how to peck at the buttons to turn them both on and off, as well as control the volume. When he turned the DVD on, there was a screen saying that there was no disc inside. He chirped at me.

I fiddled with the TV and discovered that it doesn’t get any channels in. I figured he was just watching movies during school; I wish I could watch movies during school. Anyhow, I went to a shelf with DVDs and pulled one out for him. But that wasn’t what he wanted. When he saw the movie previews, he shook his head and chirped again.

Then he did this funny little dance where he scuffed his foot along the desk, then tried to kick up. But he unbalanced himself and fell down. It took him a bit of pointing and more attempts at dancing for me to figure out what was going on. There were five DVDs of tap dancing lessons in with the others. He’d been watching one repeatedly, trying to figure out how to tap dance.

I probably shouldn’t have laughed at him, but it is a silly thought, isn’t it? But I figure, if he wants to dance, I might as well let him try. So I put in one of the tap dancing lessons and he was happy with that.

October 28

I bought Trails a couple more videos on tap dancing with my allowance money today. Mom was surprised and asked if I wanted to take lessons. I hadn’t really thought of it before, but it could be a lot of fun to learn to dance with my Torchic. So I told her about what he’s been doing and had him show off his progress. He’s still tripping himself up and stumbling over his little feet, but he seems to have a few routines memorized.

And starting in a couple of days, I’ll be taking dancing lessons too! It should help both of us.

November 5

I got a new outfit for my dance lessons, and new shoes. I think Trails is jealous, though, because my shoes are actual tap shoes and make clacks when they hit the floor. He can only make little scuffing sounds. I asked the salesman if they made tap shoes for Pokemon, but he said no.

That’s really disappointing.

December 11

My dance instructor got after some of the other kids for not practicing by saying that Trails was a better tap dancer then they were. He heard that and puffed his little chest up proudly. It was so adorable; I wish I’d gotten a picture of it.

But then he stumbled onto his face when he was trying out a new step. Poor Trails. He’s really happy when other people comment on his dancing, but then gets upset when he fumbles a lot. I’ve been telling him not to give up yet. I’ve been having some trouble too, but it’ll be so cool when we can dance great together. We can go to contests and surprise everybody with our moves.

I hope that cheered him up.

December 25

Dad just proved himself to be the most awesome dad ever. He normally fixes up old cars, but for Christmas, he used his best tools to make a pair of tap shoes that fit Trails’ small clawed feet perfectly! He even made them a little bit wide so that he can balance himself better.

I think Trails loves them for the noise. He hasn’t let anybody take them off yet. Mom says that she’ll always know where I am now, because she’ll hear Trails going ‘click, click, click’ right behind me.

January 3

Well the reason Professor Birch called us back to his lab was because he wanted to check on our Pokemon’s progress. He said that he’ll use this to decide who gets to be his assistant over the summer. I was worried when he said that at first, because of the boys.

They made fun of me and Trails at first because he’s still a Torchic. Their Pokemon have already evolved into a Grovyle and a Marshtomp. But then Birch started asking all sorts of questions: what did the Pokemon like to eat, what kind of personality did they have, what they liked to do. The boys could answer stuff about battles, but on other things, they were clueless.

On the other hand, when Birch asked me about Trails, I proudly told him about how we were learning to tap dance. I even put his shoes on and let him demonstrate his favorite routine. And Trails was happy to do so. He’s happy whenever he gets to dance and shows it by fluttering his wings and stretching up on his toes.

The other two Pokemon must have been mean, though, because he ended the dance suddenly and shot fireballs at them for making fun of him. They both squealed and jumped away. The Marshtomp just had a burn on his front legs, but the Grovyle’s skin became blacked with soot. He whined until a Burn Heal was sprayed over him, and then he quieted down to a sniffling whimper.

The boys laughed, but then the Professor said that I had learned far more about Pokemon then they had. And that means that I’m more likely to get picked as his new assistant when summer comes. But I’ll have to wait and see about that, you know. I might want to take further tap dance lessons with Trails during the summer.

We’ll decide later. That is, when Trails stops nipping at my pen! He’s always trying to get my attention when I’m writing.

Could he want to learn to write? Nah, that’s just silly.

Aw, the Sandshrew one was so sweet. I loved the friendship message, and the last paragraph really hit home for me. Awesome job #Chimecho#. ^_^

LOL, the tapdancing Torchic was epic. Reminds me of Happy Feet ^^;

People keep talking about how exciting it is to pick your starter, and then go off on a journey around the land, maybe even around the world, but then school has to butt its ugly head into the picture. Gah.
    I agree. Darn School! lol. I want to go on an adventure myself.

Well I think it’s distracting when I feel bad about leaving him behind.
    I feel that sometimes too. Or maybe its just i don't want to go to school. lol!

But I figure, if he wants to dance, I might as well let him try.
    I love Trails. ^^ i like dancing.. but more of breakdancing lol

I asked the salesman if they made tap shoes for Pokemon, but he said no.

That’s really disappointing.
    Indeed! and it was funny how she actually asked. It says that, even if she knew they didn't, she would do anything for her buddy.

Could he want to learn to write? Nah, that’s just silly.
    lol! this made me laugh.

I really liked this. Short entries at random dates, but still gave you full idea with what had been going on, sort of. Not everything but what you wanted us to know.

The name Trails was very fitting too.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast