Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

HELL YES, I FINALLY CAUGHT UP.

You have no idea how long I've been reading this. But when I started you were, what, on page 36? Something like that. Or was it 28? Meh. Anyway, I'm finally caught up, meaning I can COMMENTZ!

Okay, one of my favorites was defenately the Eevee/Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon one. You should be able to tell that by the fact I remembered it from all the way back near the start of the thread. But the one I found most excelent was the Porygon/Porygon 2/Porygon-Z one. It was amazing. The porygon part was all in computer prompts, and the evolution was made fantastic by 'I am complete. Wait, I?', as they learned to talk in first person. It was nice as Porygon2, with them functioning very much like a pet dog or cat. Then the evolution to Z made startled me. Adjectives, flow of sentences, unique thoughts- Porygon had gained literary abilities similar to that of a human. Maybe even superior. It was so fantastic, I actually didn't mind the bit of PokemonXTrainer at the end.

Now, for the current ones. The Relicanth one was amazing. I was just like 'Okay, why's Deoxys panicing?' And then 'ZOMG, two legendary apperances in a row?! But... what would Manaphy want with Deoxys'. Next was 'Wait... A ball gown? Okay, now I REALLY want to know what those two were disscussing. And, to finish it off...

“Honey!” A woman came down the beach from the house on the small sandy island nearby. “Are you going to have supper in tonight?”

“Mimi, your cooking is so bad, I can’t even use it as fishing bait,” the man called back.

Dusty’s eyes popped open. “What? Did he seriously just say that?”
    ...That made my head spin in it's amazingness. Okay, two legendaries appear in a row, Manaphy is insisting Deoxys wears a ball gown... and he is not impressed. And then his trainer tells their wife that her cooking is so bad that he can't even use it as bait, and Dusty more-or-less jumps out of their skin in surprise. Nice.

Then the Castform one. 'I bet you're a trained Kadabra!'
    ...Well, not quite. ^_- Actually, it's an Espeon. But does he know that? Nope. According to her, she's a human.
    Never mind the fact that an espeon running a weather station with a Castform's help gave me the most squeeee worth picture ever.

And the mantyke one was a surprise. Or should I say... I supwise? *Shot*

Oh, one more thing. Mind if I write a Ninetales/Misdrevius/Mismagius Guest entry? I have an epicsauce idea.

EDIT: Forgot some comments. The Arcues one was very nicely pulled off- She's done everything, and now just randomly chats with other legends and humans. Pulls off the 'Creator legend' idea very well. Exactly how I thought of it. And Missingno was just amazing.

Oh, ya. PM list. Put me on that, please.
    Last edited by Kindrindra; 24th June 2010 at 7:37 PM.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

I've been reading these and I must say I've found them absolutely thrilling, I'm not much of a writer but I do enjoy a good read and these have been brilliant since I started reading them. I'm up to page 24 and am planning to go on further but i thought it's about time I told you how good I thought they were, I especially enjoyed the Kingler one for it's sheer simplicity and comic bias. I'd put in a request but you've got a few already so I won't bother right now, very well done.

Yeah, I meant you could post them yourself (I'm not posting guest entries in the fanfiction version).
    Thanks, and done.

Pressed for time, so catching up shall be brief >_<

Gliscor/Uxie: Wonderful! I especially liked the muse explanation.

Relicanth: I WANT TO SEE DEOXYS IN A BALLGOWN D:

Espeon/Castform: Cute things always talk weird o_0 But this one was quite fun. And IIRC, this means Glaceon is the only Eeeveelution you haven't done. Whoa.

Lulz all around, and keep up the good work ^_^
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

All righty then! We'll have to hop over to the Fan Art section and dare somebody to draw Deoxys in a ball gown! That should be be awesome.

@Kindrindra: Hiya! Sure, you can write an entry. If you'd like to post it in this thread, I'll need to approve of it by PM first. Although you could just post it on your own if that suits you.

@TT: Pikachu: Sure thing. I've had the Indiana Vulpix character in the Adoption Thread for a long time...

In Process: Azelf/Slakoth
    On Deck: Ponyta/Roserade, Pichu, Ninetales/Psyduck
    Reserve: ... (7/12)

Absol and Blaziken

Many years ago, a terrible tragedy was overlooked. A family of Absols had come into the city, to warn the citizens of a great earthquake that was coming. They had done such things before, but since they always appeared before disaster struck, humans did not trust them. And that time, a criminal that was looking to gain a façade of public support decided to take advantage of them. Claiming that the Absols were the ones to blame for the disasters, he and his thugs ambushed the three and killed the two parents. They thought they had killed the young male, but he had somehow survived. Such was the cruelty of humans.

The young Absol managed to struggle away. He fled back to their mountain home, at first cursing the humans and declaring that he would no longer go into the city. To him, it didn’t matter if there were more disasters. The death of his parents was the greatest disaster to him. as he was weakened, he was unable to make it back to his family’s den and collapsed on the side of the road. A human family found and took pity on him. They brought him back to their home and nursed him back to health. Such was the kindness of humans.

The young Absol still went into the mountains, but was now conflicted. Were humans kind or cruel? He watched them for many years, coming to the conclusion that they were both. Pokemon were the same way; some were exceptionally kind and some were exceptionally cruel. It never matter what they were, a being could be either way.

In that time, he found the criminal who had murdered his parents. He was still a cruel man, so the Absol fought and killed him in revenge. And he decided on what he wanted to do with his life. He wanted to protect the kind and innocent ones from those who were cruel, the criminals who did not care for the sacredness of life. However, people were still superstitious of his kind, so the Absol hunted at night, when he could hide in the shadows and ambush the criminals.

He would be a silent hero, the dark knight.

-+-

Some beings were exceptionally cruel. And then there were the mad ones. There were those who made cruelty a game, who liked to see others in pain. He was one of those, the most insane of them all. Some who saw him would think he was a hero among Pokemon: strong, tall, quite handsome. But this Blaziken was no hero.

There he was on the streets, juggling five balls to the amusement of a few pedestrians. He was amused by the way most were drawn to him, thinking he must be friendly because he was a Blaziken. But did they not know, his kind had developed to be blood fighters, those who gave no quarter, no mercy? True, much of his kin had calmed down from that state. It was a pity. But he wasn’t like them.

He had made his way to the front of an apparel store, having gathered a decent following. He pressed a hidden button on one of his juggling balls, flipped it into the air, caught it, then tossed it out to one of his audience members. The man caught it, then noticed it had a blinking red light. The ball exploded in his hands, injuring him and several others.

The crowd gathered froze, not understanding why a simple juggling act had turned into a dangerous explosion. The Blaziken caught the four other balls and pressed their buttons, causing all four to start blinking red. Understanding that, the crowd screamed and tried to run away from him. He tossed two of the grenades after the fleeing pedestrians, then the other two at the apparel store. Within seconds of each other, the four grenade balls exploded, causing even more mayhem.

Did he have anything against this particular store? Not really. He just wanted to spread the fear, the panic. It gave him a delicious sensation of power and chaos. With him around as the destructive joker of the city, nothing would be dull. Everyone would move, holding inside a fear that this twisted Blaziken could strike anytime, anywhere.

He stepped into the wrecked store, deciding to set the clothes on fire and take what money they had here. It probably wasn’t the most efficient way to perform a robbery, or the most profitable. However, it was a great show, he told himself. Entertainment was important too.

A slam in the back caught him by surprise. The Blaziken spun about, throwing his arm out to attack his attacker. But he dodged; it was an Absol, landing gracefully after his dodging hop. “Oh it’s you again,” the Blaziken said with a sneer. “The dark knight, as the newspapers call you.”

Without responding, the Absol rushed at him, dark energy glowing about his scythe horn. The Blaziken caught it and attempted a counter strike with a blazing kick. But the Absol once again skipped right out of his range.

“You know you don’t stand a chance against me,” the Blaziken taunted. “Your attempts are amusing in being doomed to failure. So why don’t we make this a game, huh?” He pulled out more off his ball grenades and tossed them at the Absol. He was a four-paw walker, so there was no way he could juggle like him.

Or so he thought. The dark knight Pokemon lowered his stance, then caught a grenade ball on the bottom of his scythe, then snapped his head around to roll it along the horn and launch it right back at the Blaziken, causing it to explode on him. He then nimbly dodged the rest of the grenades.

He was furious… but he laughed. “Nice one,” he said harshly. “Why don’t we ramp it up some?” He brought his fists up, but instead of punching, he caused flaming sparks to gather at his wrists. Bringing his fists together, he launched a wide stream of fire at the Absol. A number of clothing racks went up in flames. But the Absol did not.

Instead, the cunning creature rolled under the rush of fire, then put himself under a round clothing rack and stood up sharply, tossing the rack off him. It seemed to have no purpose. That is, until it landed on Blaziken, catching him in the blazing metal ring. By this point, the store’s fire alarms were wailing along with the burglary alarms, setting off the overhead sprinklers. The water hissed and steamed as it hit around him, making his feathers damp and giving him great discomfort. Growling, the Blaziken looked around. But the Absol was nowhere to be found in the burning store.

Then there was a click behind him. He spun around in time to see the Absol with a specialty fire extinguisher in his grasp. It had been made so that assistant Pokemon, even four-paw walkers like him, could wield them against unexpected fires. Turning it on, the Absol sprayed him down with white foam.

Shrieking in horror, the Blaziken attempted to flee. Normally he’d stand his ground, but not against the foam. If it got onto his arms where some of his fire-making organs were, it would seep under his skin and get right into those specialty organs. He wouldn’t be able to produce flames for weeks in that condition. And it made Fire Pokemon terribly ill too. Most heroes would avoid using such methods. But not the dark knight here.

By the time he fought the clothing rack off him and fled the store, three police cars had arrived. The Blaziken was coated in the white foam; he could feel it trying to get under his skin. Under normal circumstances, he could leap clear to the roof of this clothing store and run away. But not with the foam coating him like this. Knowing that he wouldn’t find a sympathetic Pokecenter otherwise, he allowed the police Pokemon to zap him into paralysis and take him into custody. They would, in their misguided form of courtesy, clean up the foam and heal its inflammations. Then he would escape and be ready to cause more havoc.

The Absol came out of the store, having dropped the fire extinguisher inside. He made sure that the criminal was captured. When the commanding officer on the scene started to come his way, the Absol instead fled into the night. Modest as always, he let them take care of things from there.

The dark knight had other disasters to stop.

Blaziken FR/LG entry: When facing a tough foe, it looses flames from its wrists. Its powerful legs let it jump clear over buildings. Fire/Fight starter 3

Absol Platinum entry: Rumored to sense disasters with its horn, it became a target. It fled deep into the mountains. Dark 3

(starts singing the cheesy Batman theme)
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

So... You're looking for a reserve for the 2-year anniversary of this thread? Let's see... The first ever one-shot you did here was Magikarp. The first anniversary was Gyarados. I'm thinking maybe we could stick to that theme.

Ages ago, you pointed out Magikarp's rather humorous Platinum dex entry.

"A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though. "

Despite the fact that you already did Magikarp, I'm thinking a story concerning Magikarp's Platinum dex entry would be good for the 2-year anniversary. We all know you could more than do it justice.

I liked the Blaziken/Absol story, too. Very Batman-ish.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I'm now fully up-to-date, all 44 pages worth of Pokedex entries. My favourite is still the Kingler one but Espeon/Castform is now second place, I like the way it teases Larry with it's psychic powers, again very good.

have you been watching batman, Ysavvryl? it seems to have a very Joker/ Batman mechanic.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

....................................No.
    You. Did. Not. Just. Make. A. Batman. Spoof...............ON TO THE REVIEW!
    ...........Six Spirit must be sucking all your writing style for I found this one to be week. Not that its bad but its not your best work. Very little dialog there. It could be improved.
    For the anniversary... *bing!* I got it! have all your characters from every one shot come to a party to celebrate the anniversary. With you as their host! Then you could have a few of your favorite pokemon do something crazy that is related to their pokedex entries! YES! I AM A GENIUS!......really? BATMAN!?!?
    shame on you!.....Pichu!!!!!
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

Hey, Batman is awesome. Anyhow, I've been working on Six Spirit for a year now, so it's not entirely that.

Well I had my own idea for the anniversary recently; I'm checking into it now. I won't be repeating Pokemon. And that's a whole mass of characters, you realize.

In Process: Ponyta/Roserade
    On Deck: Pichu, Ninetales/Psyduck
    Reserve: Mespirit/??? (7/12)

Azelf and Slakoth

Sometimes, being a muse was a bad thing.

Azelf certainly felt that way. His body felt heavy and his head was pounding. Was he angry? No, he told himself, I can’t get angry. He struggled against losing his temper, knowing that if he did, he would sap the willpower of those around him instead of boosting it. That was the sort of thing that made him glad that he, a Pokemon whose temper was very hard to provoke, was the one with this power and not some high-strung creature who might misuse or abuse it.

And he had found someone he wanted to inspire. Since he had been awakened from his long hibernation by Galactic, he had been curious about how the world had changed. Thus, he went on a trek to various lands, seeing how things were. A couple of days ago, he had come upon this city. It was massive, with steel and glass skyscrapers all around. Traveling invisibly so no one knew of his presence directly, Azelf had explored the city in a sense of wonder. Human willpower had certainly not faded in the time that he had slept.

Not that long ago, he had come across this young man who intrigued him. Being the Psychic he was, Azelf saw that although he worked a mundane job, this guy was also a writer and wanted to write and publish a great novel. Or even more than that. The trouble was, he would start off strong with a fresh idea, but eventually run out of steam and lose the will to continue. He had lots of partial works, but he was stuck on every single one of them.

Azelf had always stirred the willpower to those around him. It didn’t take long for him to decide to tag along after this writer for the weekend. Thus far, he had not been noticed. But his inspiration was there, pushing the writer into finishing something. If the immortal Pokemon just stayed near him, then he would be able to do so. He would also find his inner willpower to finish any other uncompleted projects.

This had the side effect of inspiring everyone in the building that the writer lived in. That in itself wasn’t bad. In fact, it would be good for most of them. One teenager got the will to ask a girl out when he had been uncertain before. A woman got the will to ask about a promotion, which she seemed to deserve. Another man got the nerve to start his own business.

However, the muse of willpower had also inspired the man who owned the metal shop downstairs to get to work on his dream motorcycle project instead of putting off yet again. The building did not have a good soundproofing system, so the buzz of his saws, the whine of metals, the slamming of machines, it all drifted up to the writer’s apartment, only one floor above the metal shop’s work floor. The writer merely blocked the noise out with a pair of sound-canceling headphones so he could keep working while his inspiration was strong.

How did that machinist below get away with putting apartments over his metal shop? Azelf gritted his teeth as another sharp sound of the power tools broke through, causing the pain in his head to pulse. He had strong willpower himself, of course. But even willpower wasn’t always strong enough to combat fatigue. Thus far on his explorations, he had been too excited to really sleep. It was taking its toll on his body, which was pleading to be allowed some sleep. But his spirit was also drained; being a muse to so many people took a lot of energy from him, but he’d forgotten that after years of hibernation. And then his mind had to add into his misery by getting too sensitive and shouting out messages of pain at every loud noise.

For Azelf, this was a very bad day.

He tried hiding under a pillow, but that hadn’t helped much. Azelf grumbled, but left the bed to try to think of some way to stop that noise without breaking up everyone’s inspiration. Don’t get angry. His psychic senses finally gave him notice of something. Another Pokemon on this floor was stirring. Knowing that the writer would still be in range of his inspiriting affect, Azelf teleported into another apartment to find that Pokemon.

In that apartment, he found a Slakoth. A tan and brown Pokemon with sleepy brown eyes, she was shuffling over to her food dish, not even bothering to fully get up on all fours. Azelf normally was frustrated by these Pokemon. They didn’t do much of anything most of their days. Even their hyper stage of being a Vigoroth rarely had the willpower to do anything productive with their vast energy. But something about this one got his attention. Floating over to her, he said, “Hello.”

She stopped to turn her head up at him. “Oh, hello. Are you a robber?”

He shook his head. “No. I’m just visiting. I’m Azelf.”

“Oh. Good. I’m a Slakoth, called Lazy Daizy.” She pushed herself forward the last couple o feet.

“I see. Hey, I was wondering… I felt you asleep earlier.” Another high-pitched metal whine caused him to wince. “How on earth can you sleep with that racket going on downstairs? I’ve felt weary today, but I just can’t sleep with that noise he’s making.”

“That?” She paused to grab a handful of her Pokemon kibble, then ate it thoughtfully. Azelf waited. After several minutes, Daizy said, “You could say that I have a will to sleep.”

“Will?” Azelf blinked, then started laughing hard enough that he clutched his stomach.

Daizy blinked back at him. “Was it that funny?”

“P-probably not,” he replied, smiling as he rubbed his head. “I guess I’m just that tired. I wouldn’t have thought about it in that way. I have the will to do a lot of things, but not really to sleep. I don’t like sloth.” Which did not count against his long hibernation, he reminded himself. He had been busy then too. With his siblings, he had maintained a divide that kept the sparring Dialga and Palkia separated. The two of them seemed to be getting along, so the three of them could give up that duty.

Yawning, the Slakoth started back to her bed. “I know I’m sluggish,” she said. “It’s just how we were made. I don’t let it bother me. But I do get up from time to time. You shouldn’t have too much sleep. Or too little.”

“Yeah. Especially when I’ll need to leave in a while.” Willpower was good. But like sleep, it was possible to have too much like it was possible to have too little. If Azelf hung around on particular person too long, he or she would become so driven to do something that it could drive them insane. And if he lost his temper due to being tired and cranky, he could sap so much willpower from those around him that they would be little better than statues, unable to bring themselves to do anything.

Azelf yawned, letting his eyes start to close and his tails still. There was another shriek of the power tools downstairs, which hurt him again. However, he was feeling oddly drowsy. Or was that the will to sleep?

“You can stay here for a while and rest, if that’ll help you,” Lazy Daizy said, getting back into her blanket-lined basket. It was too big for her, so even sprawling around she only took up one side. “When my human gets back, I’ll keep her distracted from noticing you. I’ll have the energy to do that.”

“Yeah, okay… thanks Daizy.” Azelf drifted down onto a pillow on the other half of the basket and curled down there. Somehow, the noise of the metal shop below didn’t bother him anymore. He was soon fast asleep.

Slakoth D/P/P entry: It spends nearly all its time in a day sprawled out. Just seeing it makes one drowsy.

Platinum entry: When Azelf flew, people gained the determination to do things. It was the birth of willpower.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

well done. you manged to make me laugh the day before my sports day. but a will to sleep? i guess i catch that in my Geography lessons...

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Oh, forgot this yesterday!

MID-YEAR REVIEW

Total:

291/493 59%

By Generation:

R/B/G/Y: 92/151 60.9%
    G/S/C: 63/100 63%
    R/S/E: 77/135 57%
    D/P/P: 59/107 55.1%

By Type:

Normal: 48/79 61%
    Flying: 45/64 70%
    Water: 41/91 45%
    Grass: 39/55 71%
    Poison: 32/51 63%
    Psychic: 30/53 57%
    Bug: 27/45 60%
    Ground: 23/48 48%
    Electric: 19/28 68%
    Fire: 18/33 55%
    Ghost: 16/18 89%
    Rock: 14/37 38%
    Fight: 14/25 56%
    Dark: 14/23 61%
    Steel: 13/26 50%
    Ice: 12/22 55%
    Dragon: 12/19 63%
    Special: 2/2

Special Categories:

Starter: 22/36- 61%
    Blastoise, Charmeleon, Quilava, Torterra, Chikorita, Feraligator, Torchic, Turtwig, Mudkip, Totodile, Croconaw, Squirtle, Grotle, Treecko, Meganium, Typhlosion, Cyndaquil, Charizard, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Blaziken

Legend: 17/34 – 50%
    Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Shaymin, Manaphy, Giratina, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Mew, Arceus, Uxie, Azelf

???/Shadow: 1
    Mankey

Shiny: 6
    Magikarp, Sunflora/Sunkern, Fearow, Gyarados, Stantler

Fossil: 2/13 15%
    Aerodactyl, Cradily

Review:

I fixed an error in the Shiny count; somehow, I'd missed Sunkern and Sunflora this whole time... Anyhow...

Close to sixty percent! And 300! Didja know that my hundreth story in this thread was the Growlithe and Arcanine entry? I didn't know until my transferal of this to fanfiction net. That's getting close to completion, so requests from those fans may show up soon.

From percentages, you can tell which types are popular and which aren't (poor Rock!). Although it is funny to see that 48% next to Water, near the top of the list! Top percentage-wise is Ghost, which isn't really fair because of how few there are. Do you know which two are missing? I do. The one most complete with a good amount of numbers would be Grass or Flying.

I didn't realise how low fossil was and rock too so I'll request these to try and bring them back into contention. Can I have a Rampardos/Bastiodon one please?

okay, as i like Steel types, i'm going to randomly request a Metang/Magnemite/Sheildon/Registeel. (yes, Steel is my favourite type)

@Toey: There's already been a bastiodon one. I should know, I wrote it.

Sorry I haven't been around to crit Ys. Been AFS, but I'm gonna try and catch up now. ^_^

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

^It's okay. But, I haven't done Bastiodon, and I mean to cover them all myself too! I am splitting up that one 4-part request though.

In process: Mespirit/??? (7/12)
    On Deck: Pichu, Ninetales/Psyduck, Rampardos/Bastiodon, Metang, Magnemite, Shieldon, Registeel

Ponyta and Roserade

The Wild West… an untamed harsh wilderness that often tested people and Pokemon to their limits. In these wide lands, towns were few and far between, at the mercy of local law or lawlessness. One had to be tough to live here. And the town of Lawrence reflected that. The streets were made of packed dirt, although little whirls of dust came up in the winds. The wooden buildings were both sun-bleached and storm-worn. While most of the people were friendly, they were always on the watch for trouble.

In the center of town, there is a place called The Squeaky Wheel. As Lawrence’s only saloon, it shared both a dubious reputation and a status as the town’s main social gathering place. The left front window was boarded up, having been broken in a bar brawl a couple nights back, but a couple of the older men of town sat in the shade of the porch playing chess. At the watering trough up front, a Ponyta waited patiently, flicking his flame tail every now and then to torch any flies that attempted to bother him. He wasn’t tied down like that Stantler near him, but Blaise was behaved enough that he could be trusted to wait.

Blaise the Ponyta was known throughout the Wild West, but not for his own deeds. No, Blaise was owned by one of the greatest heroes of the prairielands. This man was the sharpest shooter, the bravest ranger, the roughest man in an unarmed fist fight despite the fact that he would have made Napoleon feel tall. Because he travels the lands all of his days, he is called the Wandering Pistol, an ex-cowboy who is never in the same town twice in one year.

Many tales are told of the Wandering Pistol, of how he survived alone in a heated gun battle against twelve thieves, of how he rescued a wagon train from attack when they didn’t even know he was there, of how he didn’t even let the threat of a nearby twister to help others to safety. And many tales will be told; many adventures are yet left for our hero. What plans does he have for today? What epic deeds will be done, what justice will be served? We will follow our grand hero today as he…

Um, as he…

Where is the Wandering Pistol?

Blaise flicked his ears up as the saloon doors came open, but it wasn’t his human owner who came out. It was his Pokemon partner, Rosie the Roserade. Unbothered by the growing heat, she hopped onto a nearby post and balanced in a cross-legged sitting position there. She patted Blaise’s snout, where his fires weren’t emitted. “Morning.”

Excuse me Rosie, but where’s the Wandering Pistol?

Raising her leafy eyebrows, she glanced up. Blaise snorted, shaking his head. In response, Rosie put her head in her hand roses. “Oh drat. Today’s the day we’ve got the narrator.”

Is something wrong? I was told there would be an adventure to narrate today.

“Hmph.” She put her hands down in her lap. “There might still be. But he’s still asleep.”

Asleep, this late into the morning? But most of the people around here have been up for hours already. I wasn’t told that I’d be following a night owl.

As Blaise stamped his foot in irritation, Rosie explained, “What’s your target audience again? Anyhow, last night was kind of crazy, if you know what I mean. He’s not injured, but he’s not going to be quick to get up either. You might want to come back later.”

Ah. Well I’m not narrating under 4Kids or anything, but thanks for the vagueness. It lets me get a wider audience. I’ll do some more atmosphere passages to pass the time.

“Okay. Our plans should make up for that.”

The lands around Lawrence were rich, promising farmers strong crops and healthy livestock. But it also hid dozens of dangers, making such agricultural wealth something to work hard and struggle for. In the wilds, there were microbugs, animals, and Pokemon that would venture into human territory to take the crops and the livestock for their own meals. The weather rarely cooperated, giving long periods of dry harshness only to drown everything in sporadic downpours. And past those natural dangers, there were the outlaws.

As towns were so distant and communications so slow, groups of bandits grew and thrived without restraint. These humans and Pokemon decided to forgo work by taking what hard-working homesteaders had spent all of their days on. Some simply stole crops to keep their idle lives, while others would take jewelry and tools, things that were almost irreplaceable on the meager income of the farmers. Because these bandits kept on the move, it was difficult for honest lawmen to discover their identities and arrest them to face the judgment of the courts. And the lawmen weren’t always honest, adding fuel to the problem.

That is where the traveling heralds of justice like the Wandering Pistol would come in. These fearless crime fighters would follow the trails of the bandits, bringing them to swifter justice. In these cases, the courts were often not called upon. But the homesteaders who got their things back were satisfied that the bandits were gone. At least, those bandits were gone.

It was now high noon, when shadows are miniscule and most folks are indoors to catch a break from the sun, along with a hearty lunch. Outside The Squeaky Wheel saloon, Blaise the Ponyta was still quiet and waiting, on his own now. His coat was slightly tan from the dusts of travel, but his flames still held a vibrant healthy red. Looking for ways to pass the time, he paced about and stomped on small pebbles with his hooves, made of a wondrous material that was hardened to a point beyond that of diamonds. After a few stomps, the pebbles were little more than the dust already whirling about the streets.

In an angered mood, Rosie the Roserade flung open the doors hard enough to cause the chess pieces of the nearby board to topple. She took a moment to drop a bag into a nearby cart, then got back up on the post and sighed. “Ms. Narrator? Are you around now?”

Yes I am. What’s got you all flamed up?

In response, Blaise jerked his head up and snorted. He shook his head and stamped his foot. He was the Fire Pokemon of the pair, after all, so he should be the flamed one.

“Don’t take it personally, Blaise,” Rosie said. “It’s how narrators talk. Anyhow, we finally got Mr. Pistol up and doing more than grumbling and complaining. I told him you were here.”

Excellent. Do I get to do a grand introduction finally? I’ll make it really over the top!

Still standing there, she put her rose hands on her hips. “I’m afraid not. At least, maybe not quite as grand as you’d like, given he looks something of a mess at the moment. And the adventure I thought we were doing… we’re not doing it.”

Not an adventure today? I guess it would be plotting to do one, then. He did hire me for a week.

“Oh dear,” she grumbled softly. Then she shook her head and spoke up. “No, not even that. It turns out there’s going to be a poker tournament soon, and he wants you to narrate him through that.”

A poker tournament? I guess so. I mean, I’d have to take precautions against being heard like I am now, so that I didn’t go announcing everyone’s hands and messing up the games that way. And the people back East would have loved a Wild West adventure instead. But hey, I could do it…

Blaise whinnied, to which Rosie said, “He says that you don’t sound enthused.”

I’ve already been paid, so I’ll do it. I don’t think many people would be interested in hearing about a poker tournament. I’m sure it’s more interesting to actually participate in. Then again, I was once hired to narrate a Slowpoke race.

“That sounds horridly boring,” Rosie commented. “I think he was counting on hearing you to know what cards everyone else had. Or, if you wouldn’t do that, then winning on the basis that he has a narrator and nobody else does.”

He’s got that completely wrong. I won’t make his luck any better or worse. I’ll just report it as it happens. Sure, it could be edited later to make him win, but that wouldn’t make him actually win.

“That’s what I told him. But then I thought of something that you might be interested in…” she stopped, looking down the street. “Hey, you’re a narrator. Notice anything?”

Yeah, my plot senses are giving me alerts. So then…

A man in a ten-gallon hat and brown clothes approached the saloon. He carried with him a pistol and a knife. Stopping in the road, he greeted a comrade who was sitting on the porch of the store facing The Squeaky Wheel. “Hey, has the Wandering Pistol been around?”

Putting down his guitar, he nodded and pointed across the street. “Yeah, he’s still in there. Haven’t seen him leave.”

“Hmm, right, and those are his Pokemon…” the man scowled. “And he’s owed me money for months now. I know if I go in there, he’ll just swindle me into some poker match. Unless…” he looked at Blaise and Rosie thoughtfully.

Smirking some, the Roserade pretended not to hear him by dancing around on the post. The man came up to Blaise, to look him over and figure out some way of capturing him. But although the Ponyta wasn’t developed enough to speak like his partner, he was no idiot. When he got too close, Blaise quickly kicked out his back legs, nailing the man in the stomach and knocking him to the ground.

Rosie snickered. “You should’ve expected that,” she taunted. “Even the most novice Pokemon thief knows not to approach a target from behind.”

Without warning, the doors to The Squeaky Wheel slammed open again. This time, it was a short man with black hair and a heavy tan. “Rosie! Blaise!”

The Ponyta snorted and stamped his hoof impatiently. On her post, Rosie put her rose hands together. “Oh Pistol, there you are,” she said with exaggerated sweetness. “You’re just in time to…”

“You’re stealing my narrator!” the Wandering Pistol shouted at the two Pokemon. “I hired him…”

Her.

“Her to account for my great triumphs! Not so you two can show off.”

“Um, this guy here,” she pointed to the cowboy, who was still crumpled on the ground, groaning in pain, “was just trying to steal us. Aren’t you going to do your heroism thing and save us?”

Blaise tossed his fiery mane and held his head proudly. As if they needed any more saving, he thought. He had nailed the thief himself.

“Don’t try to avoid the issue,” the Wandering Pistol argued. “You’re supposed to be my troopers, my support. Not the spotlight stealers taking my narrator from me.”

Rosie glowered at him. “Well if you were a suitable western star,” she lashed out with a vine whip, snapping its thorny end at a point two feet from him. The human still jumped back. “Then maybe you wouldn’t have to hire a narrator to cover up the blemishes of your horrid reputation.”

In response, the wanderer snarled at her. “You ingrateful animal. I don’t know why I put up with you sometimes. I should have just left you to some whiny little girl.”

Um, Pistol? I came here at eight in the morning, just as you said, and you weren’t here. So I was waiting on you to leave the saloon and set off on an adventure.

He shook his head, dismissing the Pokemon for now. “I don’t need to go off somewhere to make my triumph. Get in here; things are about to start.” Then he went back into the saloon.

Despite possible internal bleeding and maybe broken bones, the would-be Pokemon thief got unsteadily to his feet. “Hey you… jerk! You owe me money!” He stumbled his way into the saloon.

And that would be your average day in the Wild West…

“Yeah, pretty much,” Rosie said, getting an agreeing whinny from Blaise. “But as I was saying, it’s good to be a loyal Pokemon, unless of course your Trainer is absolute crud like that. What I propose is that we do steal you as a narrator and make a daring escape.”

Daring escape, huh?

“It is a bit chancy, as I can’t guarantee that he’ll come after us, even if we take you. But we’d actually be going out and doing the hero stuff, not him. Right Blaise?”

The Ponyta reared up for a second in anticipation, causing his flames to burn larger than usual.

That does sound more interesting. Besides, he did pay me in advance. Let’s go.

Cheering, the Roserade twirled off the post, then ran over to the cart with her partner. It had a long brace that was made to go over the Ponyta’s neck. As Rosie lifted it up, Blaise stepped into place and let her latch it into place under his torso. Then she got into the back of the cart. “Okay Blaise! We’re breaking free!”

He neighed loudly, then bolted through the dirt streets and out of Lawrence. She hung onto the chariot cart, not fearing being burned by his fiery tail. What lie on the rough roads ahead of them, neither could tell. But they greeted this change with joy and cheer.

Ponyta Soul Silver entry: Its hind legs, which have hooves that are harder than diamond, kick back at any presence it senses behind it.

Roserade Pearl entry: With the movements of a dancer, it strikes with whips that are densely lined with poison thorns.

All I have to say is, epic narrator is epic win.

Oh, and I'd like to request a Wobbuffet story, please.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th July 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

That narrarator is awesome. MAYBE not as awesome as the one in MM's story, but still a good narrarator nonetheless.

I love the progress you are making. As a thought, perhaps Mespirit could go with one of the Scyther line?
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman324 View Post
    That narrarator is awesome. MAYBE not as awesome as the one in MM's story, but still a good narrarator nonetheless.

I love the progress you are making. As a thought, perhaps Mespirit could go with one of the Scyther line?
    Might you possibly be referring to the narrator in The Adventure of Adventureness? Your post actually reminded me to update that story with a new chapter. Been meaning to for months, but never found the time.

..Say, Ysavvryl, that got me thinking, was this narrator at all inspired by the one in my fic?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

^That one was in mind, although she wasn't nearly as vain as the devilishly handsome narrator there. And I am so glad I prodded you into updating that! Teehee.

Well it's the thread's two year anniversary! We're 295 Pokemon in with 164 stories. I know that now because I caught up on fanfiction net with this. It has over a quarter of a million words (some of it is my little commentaries) and OVER 9000 views! Actually, that's over 10,000 now. That's pretty awesome.

So now we gotta have a story with a lot of dancing! And dancing means that the perfect Pokemon to go along with Mespirit is... Jynx!

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention... shiningsloth has a Golem entry that's pretty hilarious, so that may be posted soon.

In Process: Pichu
    On Deck: Ninetales/Psyduck, Rampardos/Bastiodon, Metang, Magnemite, Shieldon, Registeel, Wobbuffet

Mespirit and Jynx

The scent of hot apple cider was enticing when put in contrast with the slight autumn nip in the air. Overhead, the trees were covered in bright leaves of red, orange, yellow, and even spots of violet. The dirt pathways were filled, though, as a festival was going on.

“Thank you,” Sabrina said as the merchant handed her a cup of the apple cider. She looked to her two friends, who already had theirs. “How about we just walk around for a bit?”

“That sounds lovely,” Erica said. “There’s a lot of these little booths that are fun to check out. I saw one a little ways on that was selling little perfume jewelry.”

Being the tomboy she was, Misty didn’t look too interested in that. But she did laugh. “Don’t you have enough fragrant Pokemon around in your Gym?”

Erica put a hand to her face. “True, but they would have some different scents. I hear a Carnivine’s scent is quite alluring.”

“And they use that scent to lure victims into their hidden jaws,” Misty said, somewhere between fascination and disgust.

After taking a sip of the sweet spiced cider, Sabrina said, “Well let’s get going; we don’t want to block the walkway.”

The three Gym Leaders walked around for some time, chatting and admiring the things around them. While they met often on League business, they didn’t often get an off-day together like this. It made the festive day brighter and more fun to be with good friends.

At a crossroads, they came across a wooden stage where a group of nine Jynx were putting on a show. One of their Trainers was sitting nearby at a computer hooked up to an impressive stereo system to play the music these Pokemon liked to hear. The human-like Pokemon were having a grand time of it, twirling their red dresses, shaking their hips, flaunting their long blond hair, singing nonsensically, and doing their best to entice onlookers into dancing along with them. Quite a few were doing so, although none as expressively as the Jynx.

“How delightful,” Erica said with a smile on her face. “As much as I don’t like seeing them on my job, they’re so graceful and lovely.”

“Do you know what they’re singing about?” Misty asked Sabrina. “They sound like they’re speaking some foreign language.”

“It’s not a full on language,” the psychic replied. “But they’re basically singing that this is their happy song and dance, and that everyone should be happy and dance along with them. They like to have fun.” She took a sip of cider, then added, “Even the fake one is singing the same thing.”

Misty coughed on her drink, but managed to calm it quickly. Erica gave her a quizzical look. “The fake one?”

Sabrina nodded. “Listen closely. One of them sounds different. It’s got the quality of a fairy-like Pokemon, not a human-like.”

The other two women looked over the group of Jynx and notice that a different sounding voice could be heard, something higher-pitched and more exotic sounding. After a moment, Misty perked up and pointed out on near the back of the circle dance. “Oh, it must be that one! Her hair is lying oddly, like she doesn’t have a rounded head.”

“Yes, and her dress is fabricated,” Erica added.

“How can you tell that?” Sabrina asked. “I noticed that she was pure Psychic, with no Ice.”

The Grass leader chuckled softly. “I know some things about them too. Their dresses are like the petals on flowery Pokemon, and thus have a tendency to get ragged at the skirt’s bottom. But that fake one, her hems are clean and well-defined, too perfect for even a Coordinator’s Pokemon.”

“Ah, I see. I wonder what they’ve got a fake Jynx in there for.”

“Let’s just ask,” Misty said, then went over to the man controlling the sound. “Excuse me, but we had a question for you.”

He looked up to them and soon recognized them. “Oh, yes, what is it?” he asked back, sitting up straight.

“Why’ve you got a fake dressed like the Jynx in with the rest? Could you not find nine of them?”

In the group, the fake one giggled, causing the others to do the same. They slowed their dances and watched the exchange between humans. This and the presence of three Gym Leaders got more pedestrians than usual to stop by the stage.

The man looked blank, then checked the group of Jynx. “A fake one? No, I’m sure they’re all real.”

“Kurrrriklurr,” the fake warbled in a distinctly non-Jynx voice.

“Asha na va mi!” one of the others declared.

Sabrina pointed to the fake. “That one is not a Jynx. It’s…” she focused on the Pokemon in question.

Intrigued, the Pokemon came closer to her. Now that she was, Sabrina could tell she had a different facial structure too, with an oval gem set into her forehead. There was deep violet makeup coating her face, done with such quality that it hinting at a clever mind. While her blond wig was secure, it did have bunches that came out at the back, not falling straight like the rest. She was a Psychic; that much Sabrina could tell. But as for what she was specifically, the Pokemon’s mind seemed to dodge any metal prodding the human gave it.

“Sabrina?” Erica asked.

She blinked, breaking her concentration. “I’m not sure what she is. But she’s not a Jynx.”

“I wasn’t told another kind of Pokemon was with the group,” the man said. “Whoever did her up did a darn good job of it.”

The play-acting Pokemon put her hands to her face and laughed. “Kuuusa karrrri whaar.”

Surprised, Sabrina stared at the Pokemon. “You did it yourself? Just what are you? And what are you doing here?”

“Chi?” She twirled and made a flirty pose. Then she glanced at the eight Jynx.

“Chi cha kara no fae,” one said, smiling. She raised both hands and waved them, soon followed by the rest. That was a sign between them for the one to give a solo dance.

Laughing and twirling again, the fake Jynx then curtsied to them, then waved a hand at the computer station. It brought up an instrumental song, much to the surprise of the man running the sound equipment. As the others cleared away, she waved to the crowd to listen. Then she danced along to the song, being convincingly like the actual Jynx.

Sabrina watched her for a moment, keeping her mental senses open to interpretation. Psychic Pokemon often spoke in two layers around humans, in their native voice and in a telepathic human language that sensitive people could interpret. In that, she got a sense of a name. “Mespirit…” she said, drawing a blank on what Pokemon that actually was.

But then Mespirit somehow latched onto her mind and opened a direct psychic connection to the human, all while not missing a st… not missing a move of her dance. Sabrina was shocked enough by this that she couldn’t muster a defense against it in time. While she had linked this deeply with Pokemon before, it had always been ones that she knew well in the first place, ones she trusted and loved. Not a stranger Pokemon.

Yet she gave off a soothing presence. “There is no reason to deny fear,” Mespirit said, not with her own voice, but with Sabrina’s. “Fear is natural. Fear is good. But too much is just as bad as too little. You need not fear me. I mean you no harm.”

Looking concerned, Erica moved closer to her. But Sabrina had enough of her own mind free to hold up her hand to stop her. This Pokemon seemed to have a reason behind its behaviors, and it was a benevolent one.

“I mean you all well,” Mespirit continued.

Sabrina relaxed then, letting herself be hypnotized by the dance and by the Pokemon’s power. It was like letting go of most of her restraints, giving in to pure emotions.

“Emotions,” Mespirit said, falling into speaking with the music. “That is right. Don’t deny… don’t deny your true feelings. Let your heart speak. Listen to your heart speak. Your mind may lie to you. Your emotions will not lie. Your emotions will sing, sing if you allow them voice. Feel joy blossom; do not wither joy. Joy gives light to life.

“Do not deny sorrow. Sorrow may be pain. Pain must be expressed. Let your heart cry. The release of stress, it will build your soul. Sorrow may be shadow, but darkness is good. Life is dark and light. Time is day and night. Your soul must balance. Let your emotions free; let them be balance. Learn to live emotionally. Your soul will grow strong, your mind will grow strong, your self will grow strong. Let there be anger and let there be peace. All in equal balance, emotion in balance.

“Jynx live emotionally. Jynx know balance. Jynx dance in light, Jynx dance in dark. They are friends. I asked to dance, they welcomed me with pure hearts. Pure emotion hearts. Let your heart grow, grow like the Jynx, to pure emotion. To this world, I came to tell of this. To this place, I came to remind all. Let your emotions be.”

Then, in one last whirl of red, Mespirit let go of Sabrina’s mind. Then Mespirit was herself, a blue and pink pixie Pokemon without make-up, without a wig, without a dress. Holding a Jynx doll close, she twirled her twin tails and laughed merrily at the end of the song. The Jynx with her cheered and clapped, causing the audience to do the same. And in a sparkle of golden light, Mespirit vanished from view.

Mespirit Diamond entry: Known as the ‘Being of Emotion’, it taught humans the nobility of sorrow, pain, and joy.

Jynx Heart Gold entry: It rocks its body rhythmically. It appears to alter the rhythm depending on how it is feeling.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 13th July 2010 at 2:52 AM.

THis one was good. And I'm glad I was prodded into updating my fic, as well.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Loved 'em both Ys. Would like to point out though that in the Mesprit/Jynx story there was a 'metal' that was almost definitely meant to be 'mental' - forgot where though.

Alright, Ys gave this the okay, so here it it.

~~~~~~~

GOLEM

Ka-boom! Boom! Boom!

The earth rumbled.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

The trees shook.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

The sound echoed along the mountains' sides.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

These mountains were notorious for avalanches, and this explosive eruption of noise could be either the cause, or the effect.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

Few humans knew what made the large blasts, or the flashes of light that accompanied them.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

But the local Pokemon knew exactly what it was.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

Or rather, who it was.

Ka-Boom! Boom! Boom!

~~~~~~

"Dude, gnarly landing!!" exclaimed Big G the Golem. His main man and brother-from-another-mother Duder had just executed a wicked 'Splode Again, a particularly difficult maneuver. It involved jumping just before the initial explosion, and then exploding again halfway between you and your target. He had landed perfectly, feet-first, not even touching the ground with his shell or whirling his lizard-like arms to try and stay balanced.

Duder picked himself up and brushed off his plated shell. "Yeah man! That was sick! That little twist halfway through was radical!" he said excitedly. His eyes gleamed with ecstasy.

"Shell bump!" declared G, and the two Golem raced at each other, then slammed their stone bodies together with a mighty CRACK. After the two regained their balance, Duder pointed a claw at a mountain off in the distance. It was a little taller then the one they were standing on now, and it was characterized by its twin peaks. It was a sweet place for bomb-hopping, because there were tons of fissures and crags to leap over.

"Dude," said Duder. "Let's hit Mt. Double-Dare!"

"You're on," said G, grinning wickedly. Together, the two ran to the edge of the mountainside, and hurled themselves off. The two fell for a moment, and then, with a huge Ka-Boom!, they were airborne, hurtling across the yawning expanse between the two peaks, propelled by the force of their powerful Explosions.

G noticed out of the corner of his eye that Duder was trying to pull of a 720, which was difficult for Golem because their massive bodies, while good at absorbing damage, were not very agile. So G was astonished when his friend did it, his huge stony shell pirouetting like an overweight ballerina statue in the air. His friend looked so smug, G couldn’t help himself.

He flipped upside-down and executed a Stealth Rock attack. The stones broke free of his earthen shell and hovered in the air about his great bulk, revolving like asteroids around a sun. Then, focusing his energy, he Exploded again, and the stones dissolved into a shower of rock chips that hurtled away from him like ants from a can of Raid. The second Explosion catapulted him even higher into the air, and made his travel even faster. He was now getting close to Mt. Double-Dare, and it was growing bigger as he watched it.

He realized with a start that he was actually hurtling toward a giant crevasse in the mountain’s side though. But not just any crevasse - the Hole of No Return, a crag so immensely deep, not even the local Dugtrio clan knew what was at the bottom. If he didn’t gain more altitude, he’d hurtle straight into its gaping maw.

He was tired though. One Explosion was no problem, but two in quick succession was tough. It was tiring. That’s why ‘Splode Agains were tough to do. G had never heard of a bomb-hopper Exploding three times in one leap. It was crazy. It was undoable. But if he didn’t do it, he’d fall through the Hole of No Return until he turned to chalk.

G concentrated hard. His eyes narrowed, and his muscles began to tense. Beads of sweat broke out on his face as he strained to pull on his last reserves of energy for another Explosion. He begged with his aching body to output just enough energy to send him higher. His shell started to fill with heat. It was working! He closed his eyes and concentrated harder. The heat was rising, superheating the air on the inside of his shell, the air caught between the inner and outer layers. If the pressure became intense enough, the outer layer would explode and propel him high enough to escape a lifetime of falling.

Finally, he felt the pressure go critical mass, the air desperately trying to find a way out of confinement. It couldn’t take it anymore however - and his outer shell erupted with a deafening Ka-Boom! He flew through the air even higher now, and he watched with relief and exhaustion as the Hole of No Return fell away from him. He was so tired, he didn’t even notice when he hit the mountainside. His stony shell, which was already forming a new outer layer of stone, absorbed the impact so well he wasn’t even winded.

For a moment he just lay there. Then, he heard Duder’s voice calling. “Geeeeeeee! Yo, Geeeeeeeee! Where are you, man?”

“Up here, dude,” he croaked. His voice was hoarse from exhaustion.

Somehow, Duder heard him, and the big Golem lumbered up to his friend. “G! Dude! That was so sick, man! I’ve never seen someone ‘Splode three times! Ever! Dude, I’m telling you, you’re gonna go down in bomb-hopping history as the dude who invented -” and here Duder broke off, for he couldn’t think and talk at the same time. “The Triple G,” he finally said, a triumphant look on his face. “You just made history, man.”

G nodded, and stood up. He was feeling a little better. “Yeah... Yeah. I like the sound of that, man. Nice ring to it.” He cracked his neck. “Whoa, dude, that felt good.”

Duder grinned. “So dude...” he said slowly, then pointed past G’s head. G turned to see an even taller mountain, piercing the clouds in the distance.

“Wanna hit Mt. Triple-Dare?”

~~~~~~

It is capable of blowing itself up. It uses this explosive force to jump from mountain to mountain.
    ~SoulSilver PokeDex Entry

Sorry for the absence of my reviews, family member in peril and such. Anyways...
    I enjoyed the one I missed except for the Mesprit one. Sabina always seemed cold and emotionless in the show. I thought you might have provide a little background on why she seemed so cold. Or at least a better background then what they had. Still enjoyed it though. Pichu is next!!!!!!! Also...recently my dog has gotten paralyzed in his back legs due to his spinal chord. So for him could I request a Poochyena one?
    Last edited by Timetraveler:Pikachu; 18th July 2010 at 10:24 PM.
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

Hehe, hilarious exploding Golems.

About the anime... I've never watched it. So I have no clue how it portrays characters. I just know the games.

*sad story cause I sad no one mentioned anniversary...

In process: Ninetales/Psyduck
    On Deck: Rampardos/Bastiodon, Metang, Magnemite, Registeel, Wobbuffet, Poochenya

Pichu and Shieldon

It was a gray, dismal, and hot evening. Rain poured down, but did little to alleviate the city’s heat. Giving a sheen to the old brick buildings, the water came down into the alley and flooded its asphalt ground. Various piles of garbage were piled along one wall, including a number of cardboard boxes. He had taken shelter there during the storm. The Pichu sensed no lightning in the storm and the puddles were growing deep for him, so it all unnerved him.

He had been born not too far away, not too long ago. But then some terrifying Pokemon had attacked him and his mother. Driven to madness from some sickness, patches of the Pokemon’s fur had been torn out, with red sores covering its body. The Pichu had gotten away; his mother had not been that lucky and was killed. What could he do now? He wasn’t sure.

Earlier, he had come into this alley because something smelled good. He had been very hungry, so he went after it even though he had to tear through a plastic trash bag to get to it. Now his stomach felt bad and this rain had come. This was a miserable day; he wished his mother was there to help him. She’d never be with him again, though.

The cardboard box cracked. Looking up, the Pichu saw that the top was bending even more. It had all turned dark in being soaked, the middle part growing thin. Then it failed, dousing him with the rainwater that had collected on top.

Squealing, the Pichu rushed out of the box, sparks trailing behind him. Now what? There were other boxes in the alley, but if one broke, the others might too. He could try hiding under a porch but last time he tried it, a rather burly human had come out with a broom and yelled at him until he left. Perhaps a tree might provide some shelter.

“There you are,” a human voice said. “Pichu, stay there.”

Sending off sparks in fright again, he turned around and saw a woman that towered over him. She wore a large green rain coat with an equally large hat. Over her shoulder, she carried a large white net. And under that coat, she could be hiding anything. She was probably dangerous. With her was something that seemed like some ancient nightmare, a Pokemon hiding behind a dark oval shield of steel, watching him with indecipherable eyes. That gave him the sign that they were definitely dangerous.

The Pichu dropped down on all fours and ran away, water splattering every underneath his small paws.

“Shieldon, get ahead of it.” She came running after him, her rubber boots making larger splatters along the way. But even scarier was the strangely quick four paws of the Shieldon, doing its best to get ahead of the little yellow Pokemon.

Frantic, the Pichu slipped and stumbled, but immediately got back up and kept running. His stomach complained about the sudden movement when it was feeling queasy in the first place. Thinking over the area he knew, he could only come up with a little park that was down another alley and across the street. That place would have trees, where he could escape the rain and this strange enemy.

But his slip had given the Shieldon enough time to catch up with him. The creature gave a strange ringing bark, its face shield vibrating at the sound. The Pichu had to attack him or get attacked… but he didn’t have that good of a control over his static. He had to succeed, though. Had to. He thought of the storm’s missing lightning and tried to get enough electric power to shock the Shieldon.

It worked! A large spark shot out from him to the unarmored body of the Shieldon. Grunting, it began to fall behind him. The Pichu then mustered up the energy to go faster, rushing out of the alley and across the sidewalk.

When he jumped from the walk to the road, he landed in a large puddle and slipped. His face briefly was under water as he tumbled onto his back on slightly higher ground. For a moment, he wasn’t sure what he was doing; his head hurt that much. He finally threw up and stayed there, shaking. He wasn’t going to make it to safety.

The Shieldon appeared on the sidewalk, looking down at him briefly before stepping gingerly into the road. It waded through the puddle to him and stopped there, glancing around. Feeling that he was going to get eaten, the Pichu closed his eyes. But while the Shieldon did bite him, it was gently and in order to pick him up off the ground. The odd Pokemon then walked over to a slant in the sidewalk and carried him out of the road.

“Good, you got him.” The woman in the large green coat came over to them, kneeling down to pat her Pokemon’s back. She took the Pichu in her hand, then the Shieldon gave one of its ringing barks again. Just then, a large truck came driving by, not too fast, but enough that they had to step back to avoid getting splashed by water. It could have run him over… but these two could be looking to kill him, like his mother had been killed.

Tensing, the Pichu released a shower of sparks again. But they didn’t touch the woman. Between her rain clothes and the leather gloves she was wearing, the electric jolts wouldn’t do anything. They could do whatever they wanted to him and he couldn’t fight back. Briefly, the Pichu thought of trying to charm his way out of captivity. But all his energy had left him and his body felt awful.

The woman spent a minute looking him over carefully. “You’re too young to be out on your own,” she said, rubbing his left ear. “Especially not with the infections we’ve got spreading among the feral Pokemon around the city. But it looks like you just ate something bad today. Let’s get you back to the pound and give you a better check-up. Come on Shieldon.”

Giving an affirmative response, the Shieldon trotted alongside its Trainer, keeping an eye out for any of the dangerous infected Pokemon. The Pichu wasn’t sure what she meant, but she was being gentle with him. Were they nice people then? But they had seemed so scary.

Back through the two alleys, they came to a quieter street. There was a large van here, with lots of strange panels in its side. The woman put her net down in order to lift one of the panels, revealing a cage. Twisting the latch, she opened it and put the Pichu inside. “Just a short while in here, little one, I promise. Then you’ll be okay; you might even get a good home soon. Rest for now.” She then latched the cage shut again and pulled down the panel.

The Pichu looked around the dim cage. There was a towel in back, a bin of water on one side, and nothing else. Being as soaked as he was, the Pichu had had enough of water for some time. But the towel was dry, so he crawled over there and lay down. What was going to happen to him now?

He wished his mother was here to tell him.

Pichu Leaf Green entry: It is not yet skilled at storing electricity. It may send out a jolt if startled or amused.

Shieldon Diamond entry: A Pokemon that lived in jungles 100 million years ago. Its facial hide is extremely hard.

Aw. Sad. But good! That poor little Pichu.

Did I not mention it? D: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Yay!

I wanted to do something like Chinese/Japanese folklore. Ninetales seems like it would be cool dressed up like an emperor. I don't think I quite got it, but this works.

In process: Rampardos/Bastiodon
    On Deck: Metang, Magnemite, Registeel, Wobbuffet, Poochenya

Ninetales and Psyduck

Once upon a time, in a land no humans ever saw, there was a gorgeous lake in the mountains where peace had reigned for hundreds of years. There were wars in the lands around them, kingdoms that sought to conquer and tribes that despised one another. But those wars had not touched the lake, so high in the mountains that it was nearly in the sky. Rare flowers and trees grew there, with fruits or honey that could cure many ills. Even the water, many of the Pokemon who lived there said, even the water had mysterious powers to keep those who drank it healthy.

Despite these wonderful powers, none of the Pokemon who lived near or in the lake tried to rule over it. There was a sign of the mythical beast Suicune on one of the walls, so they felt the lake was hers and no mortal Pokemon had the right to claim otherwise. Since there was little danger there, they felt no need to battle like the Pokemon who lived elsewhere. They assisted those who came up to the lake in hopes of healing, but insisted that no fighting should take place in this area of peace.

There came a day when this all changed. Off the mountain, one kingdom had grown immensely, surpassing all others. It overtook all the lands around the mountain and sought to conquer the mountain itself. The kingdom’s leader came up to the peaceful lake himself to take control of it and the peak. Wearing a long red silk scarf around his neck, the Ninetales was an impressive sight. His body was elegant and lithe, covered in luxurious fur that glittered like gold. His nine tails were long and lush, fanning out above him, then curling daintily at the tips. Seeing him caused such awe that the lake’s Pokemon began to gather as he approached the shoreline.

Finding a rock standing above the water’s surface, the Ninetales hopped up there to address the growing crowd. “Greetings, my citizens. I am King Edward the Wise of Daventry. We have expanded our borders to include this mountain and its lake, so I am now your ruler. You will follow the laws and pay the taxes of Daventry from now on. We will be lenient in the first few days, given that you have lived without the watchful eye of authority over you of centuries. But do not fret, as this will enhance and enrich your lives much more than before.”

Once they had gotten over the initial awe, the lake Pokemon were angered. “You can’t claim this lake,” a Barboach said. “The goddess Suicune has claimed this lake for her own, as her sign over there shows. And we’ve chosen to remain out of the kingdoms below because we don’t want any part in your wars.”

“Can you prove that Suicune put that mark there?” Edward argued. “Anyone could have made that mark; it is just a painting on the rocks, made from materials found around this mountain. And the Kingdom of Daventry is strong. None have withstood our forces, so you need not fear battles coming up to this place. Unless of course you resist our rule foolishly; then we shall send forces in to subdue troublemakers.”

“We’re certain that Suicune, or some other immortal spirit, has claimed this lake as sacred,” a Geodude countered. “This lake heals many ills and wounds, it and the plants around it. So it doesn’t need authority, especially not from some Fire Pokemon.”

“You need my authority and wisdom,” Edward said, flicking his tails. “I know how to properly manage resources so that everyone has a good life, instead of only a few doing so with the rest suffering. Why is such a lake way up here, out of reach of many of the sick folks it may heal? It is a selfish joke of the immortals if it is there doing. On the other hand, I am not called ‘the Wise’ for nothing. I could cultivate the healing waters and plants where the Pokemon who need them could come. And I could bring the good of the rest of the world to you, the trades, the items, the shelters, everything that makes life better for us, you could have too. But you must respect my laws and obey my kingdom.”

“We don’t know that you’re wise,” a Gyrados snorted. “We just know what you’ve been boasting. No one owns this lake, so beat it!” He then sent a blast of water at Edward.

However, Edward made one of his tails glow. A wall of water came up around him, absorbing the blast and not letting one drop hit the Fire-type. “You won’t be able to drive me away through brute force,” he said in a warning tone. “Each one of my tails has the power of a wizard among Pokemon, and I control them all. I am seven hundred years old, therefore smarter and wiser than any of you. None of you stand a chance against me. However, knowing this, I came here to subject myself to a test of my ability to govern. I can answer any riddle posed to me and can identify bits of nonsense posing as riddles. I am confident enough in this ability to give you this challenge: if any of you can come up with a riddle that stumps me, then I will keep this lake out of my kingdom. If I answer them all, you will know that I am a capable ruler and will join Daventry. I will give you a week to consider this.”

Then he left.

The Pokemon of the lake immediately tried to think of things to stump the Ninetales. Some complained that he was forcing this challenge on them. Then they heard that his boasting was not empty; the Ninetails could call up on many strange powers not expected of his kind, including that of the Grass type which frightened those of the lake who were not weak to Fire. Several kingdoms had fallen when attacked by the Daventry King alone. In truth, they were lucky that he was offering this chance at all.

When he came back, the lake Pokemon had many riddles. Some were old while some were new. A few even tried bits of nonsense that sounded riddling, but the Ninetales knew those and would punish those who asked with appropriate attacks. As the day wore on, it seemed Edward would be triumphant. But then a lone Psyduck came before the king.

He was an absent-minded Pokemon, as evidenced by some yellow feathers that stuck out of place on his head. He usually kept to himself in a nearby cave, only bothering others when he had a headache and attacked anyone who made too much noise. However, he was normally good-natured and never seemed to remember those incidents. He looked around at his neighbors blankly while the Gyrados introduced him. “Bill the Psyduck… hey Bill!”

“Huh?” the Psyduck asked, tilting his head at the sight of the royal Ninetales.

“You said you had a riddle for me,” Edward stated. “That is, if you can remember it.”

Ignoring some snickers in the crowd, Bill nodded. “Oh right, that. Well I didn’t see you the first time around; I had a mild headache, see. But then I heard about the riddle challenge and tried to think of stuff. I went over to the mark of Suicune and stared at it for a while, but then… I don’t know…”

Examining a paw, Edward did not appear concerned. “You Psyducks have powers that are similar to that of Psychic Pokemon. However, you are incapable of controlling such powers, which is why you are not recognized as Psychic and why you receive such debilitating headaches. Also, your brainwaves are capable of submerging themselves to the level of a sleeping Pokemon, which is why you never remember things.”

Bill brightened to that. “Right! You know that. But that wasn’t my riddle.”

“Then what is your riddle?”

He pulled out a piece of paper from under his wing. “While I was there by the mark of Suicune, I blanked out as usual. But I wrote this in that time. It does have an answer.” He handed it to a Machop who was next to him.

“All right, I guess I’ll read it,” the Machop said, looking at the paper.

‘It is a gentle little flower,
    Yet it despises the earth
    In hope, it takes to the sky,
    Blossoming with warmth.

‘Sky is brother to earth,
    And sends the flower away
    If lucky, it returns as autumn fluff.
    If unlucky, it never finds its way.’

“An identity riddle,” King Edward said. “And it does have an answer. That answer…” he paused, thinking.

Bill the Psyduck smiled. “Yes, Suicune knows the answer. I know that, for she told me the riddle. I remember that as a vision of loveliness even greater than this lake.”

Moving his tails like a wave of water, Edward’s ears twitched as he thought. “I know Shaymin is a flower among the goddesses and she can take to the sky. But she does not despise earth. Indeed, she makes the earth beautiful in the spring… nothing to do with autumn fluff. It must be… well no, but then…” he shifted paws, now looking nervous.

“I thought about it for a long time too,” Bill said. “But it gave me another headache after a while, which is why I’ve refused to look at it again. Riddles mess with my head.”

“Do you even know the answer?” the Gyrados taunted Bill, only thinking a moment later that it might ruin this chance at stumping the Ninetales.

Bill didn’t even think of that. “I told you, Suicune knows the answer. I don’t, but I know there is an answer.”

“Right, there must be an answer,” Edward said, lowering his ears and twitching his tails in agitation. “But I didn’t think there was a riddle out there that could still stump me… I should be able to figure this out, it doesn’t seem that tough. But what flower despises earth and returns as autumn fluff? And besides that, how do you know that Suicune gave you this riddle, and knows this answer? Psyduck, your powers are unknown to you…”

Without warning, rain broke out over the mountain lake. The clouds began to build then, arriving late, but joining the shower nevertheless. Edward made one of his tails glow to deflect the water again. This time, it didn’t work. Soon, his golden fur was drenched, taking away his royal look for one of raggedness.

The Ninetale lowered his ears in shame. “So it is her lake… and I failed to answer a riddle. Very well then, the lake shall remain free.” Edward ran back down the mountain, out of the rain.

For many years after, he kept searching for the answer to the riddle Bill had given him. But the Psyduck never figured out the answer either.

Psyduck Emerald entry: When its headache intensifies, it starts using strange powers. However, it has no recollections of its powers, so it always looks befuddled and bewildered.

Emerald entry: It has long been said that each of its nine tails embody an enchanted power. A long-lived Ninetales will have fur that shines like gold.

((The riddle does have an answer...))

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast