Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

One crackfic coming up! I loved that one!! I almost cried! Just to clarify that was an exploration team right? I couldn't really tell... anyways moving on...
    Rainbow team unite!!! I loved those guys! They had just the right amount of stupidity. If an indigo pokemon comes out you need to bring the rainbow team back in. For some reason I thought of a mariachi band (did I spell that right?) Don't really know why... But I could totally see then with a Mexican accent and thick black beards... I have a request. Since you have loopholes going can you do a Wartortle Stacy? I REALLY want to see Larry's face when he finds out who's saying "I hate you..."
    NOTE: Are you going to be double post frequently? and with all of you stories? If so WOOO HOOO!!! If not.....#@$%! I also have some fics coming out...first ever posted...Please review so that I too may refine my writing skills.
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

I did Surge last year... with Pikachu and Electrabuzz. Something else too, I think. And the double posting here is just because I had both done. Happens occasionally, not often.

I dedicate this Star Trek entry to insomnia!

In Process: Carnivine
    On Deck: Azuril/Wynaut, Rapidash/Luxray, Gliscor/Uxie
    Reserve: Pidgey (Memorial Day)

SANDSLASH

It was a day like any other day: hot, dry, and still. Among the cacti and tough scrub bush, most of the Pokemon were inactive. When the night cooled the air down, they would be moving about.

Near a group of prickly pear bushes, a Sandslash was quietly guarding her nest. She had an egg to watch over; it’d be a couple more weeks before it was ready to hatch. She dozed in and out of sleep, stirring any time there was movement or strange noises nearby. If it was like any other day, it’d be a lot of nothing going on. Her tan body blended in with the ground well and her spikes and claws usually deterred anything that spotted her. But today would be different.

She stirred once to a sound she had never heard before. It was a blend of a whir and a hum. Coming alert, the Sandslash looked in the direction of the noise. There was a strange being there. Made of white metal, it hovered over the ground, moving its one pale green eye to examine everything in its path. It seemed to be nothing more than a sphere with that oversized eye and eyelid, plus a rim on the bottom. The sand underneath it stirred slightly.

As it came close, she got up and gave a snarl of warning. The metal creature stopped, turning its eye to her. It made no more sound than the hum, made no movement. Hoping to scare it off, the Sandslash moved towards it, raising a clawed paw and swiping it through the air. The metal creature then decided to move along its former path. Unfortunately for it, that happened to be right by her nest.

She wasn’t going to take that. The Sandslash backed up, then bounded forward, curling her body tightly into a sphere like it was. Colliding with the creature, her spikes pierced its skin. Giving an unearthly wail, it fired back at her with a strange energy. It was blisteringly hot, more than anything the desert could produce. And it was powerful, lashing across her back and melting her spikes. She screamed in pain.

Without warning, a disorienting feeling struck her. She couldn’t quite name it; it was like she didn’t exist for a tiny amount of time. But, that was impossible. And when it passed, she was no longer in the desert heat. Instead, she was in a moderately warm place, with air that was neither too dry nor too humid.

“What is going on?” a human voice asked. Footsteps thumped on a hard surface.

“Sorry doctor, but this native creature attacked one of the planet explorer drones,” another answered. “It managed to get through its armor and cause its weapon to malfunction.”

“I’d say.” The metal creature, the drone, was pulled off her spikes and tossed aside. “More like it shredded that drone. What kind of weapon does it have? Computer, scan its DNA and synthesize an appropriate painkiller.”

“It has no weapon; it’s an animal. Do your best with it.”

In a great deal of pain, the Sandslash wasn’t sure if she’d die. She also wasn’t sure what was going on, aside from the fact that she was no longer near her egg. She snarled at the human as he came close. How had she been taken away from her nest? Was her egg safe? What if there was another of those drone things in the area? Or even just an egg hunting Pokemon? It was midday, but some would take advantage of an unguarded nest.

There was a beep. Shortly after, the human doctor pricked her with a needle. The Sandslash’s body abruptly went limp and numb. What was he going to do with her? She looked up at him and gave a faint squeal. He wore strange black clothes with a band of yellow across the shoulders. And he now had an odd machine in his hands.

After looking over her, he activated the machine. “Just an animal, huh? You’re pretty powerful and intelligent for being just an animal. Self-aware, but only on the threshold of being sentient. I wonder what else this planet is going to surprise us with.”

She murmured. This man had a kind voice at least. Was he trying to help? She couldn’t really feel her body to tell.

The doctor patted her snout. “You seem comfortable with me. That’s good.” He put the machine down, then moved a shell over her. “Fortunately for you, we can repair those spikes of yours. Keep still for a bit longer.” Then the shell began to hum.

Closing her eyes, she could feel that it was a great healing power this machine had. She had heard that humans had marvelous healing potions and devices. Was this one of them?

“Doctor?”

“Yes captain?” the man said.

“On a preliminary review of the drone’s data, it seems that it drifted too close to her nest. She was guarding an egg, so the sooner you can get her out, the better.”

The Sandslash opened her eyes and cooed a question.

“Egg layer? I was fairly certain that the data read her as mammalian. Huh. Might be more common here.” He came back into her view. “You seem oddly aware of what we’re talking about.”

“When can we send her back?”

“In a short while; need to counteract the painkiller first.” The hum stopped. “I’ll contact you when she’s ready.”

“Good.”

The doctor removed the shell, then injected her again. “Okay, just relax here. We’ll get you back home soon.”

The Sandslash began to regain feeling quickly. She pushed herself up and tried to shake the last bit of numbness off. To her surprise, the spikes that the drone had melted had grown back already. It was bewildering. Humans had this kind of power? She looked around her new location. It was strange, all silver and white. There were symbols hanging in the air near her, and large screens on a wall to her right. From her vantage point on the shelled table, she could see a seating area with a table, couch, and chairs, a few doors that seemed to have no knobs, and windows that showed a black sky.

After looking over the floating symbols, the doctor looked back to her. “Your planet’s main sentient race has started exploring their star system. We’re a scientific vessel that’s been sent to do a survey to see if they’re ready for contact from the Galactic Federation. The drone was part of the initial scanning. It wasn’t supposed to interfere with anything. So on behalf of our ship, I apologize.” He offered a hand to her.

The Sandslash sniffed him, then retracted her claws and put her paw on his hand. She then cooed a thanks for the healing. Although she wasn’t sure of the specifics going on here, she knew kindness should be acknowledged.

He smiled. “Very social and intelligent, I see. Well maybe this mission won’t affect you any more past this day. Or maybe it will. It all depends on the hominoids that we’ve come to watch. I would consider this a sign that your planet must be fairly peaceful.” He tapped a badge that was on his shirt. “Bridge, I’ve got the patient healed up. You may return her when ready.”

“Roger.”

“Goodbye, for now,” the doctor said. Then that disorienting feeling came back over her.

When it disappeared, she was back in her hot and dry desert home. She sniffed around, making sure that this was her territory. Finding her scent, she turned to see she was indeed right where she had been taken from. And her egg was still hidden.

It had been a strange thing. But in a way, also a good thing. The Sandslash settled back into place and was soon asleep again.

Sandslash DPP entry: It curls up, then rolls into foes with its back. Its sharp spines inflict serious damage.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 21st May 2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Yay! Go star trek! I loved those kind of episodes. Where the Federation made contact with pre-warp civilizations.....Moving on.
    I think you should have given us some more description of the humans. Not to mention how many there is. There is no actual place where you actual described the humans and how many are there.Also I think you need to describe the room a bit more. Silver and white with symbols on the wall doesn't really do a ship justice dose it? Tell us what is there. Maybe have the English alphabet be foreign and say that she saw the following symbols:
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Until next time: Stories, the greatest achievement. These are the stories of a writer named Ysavvryl. Her continuing mission, to write stories of every known Pokemon to this day and become a great writer and person. To boldly go where no writer has gone before...
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

Happy Memorial Day! A little army story for you that has nothing to do with Lt. Surge (although he is awesome!).

In Process: Azuril/Wynaut
    On Deck: Rapidash/Luxray, Gliscor/Uxie
    Reserve: uh...

CARNIVINE, PIDGEY, AND PIDGEOTTO

Patience was rewarded. And he was vastly patient, hanging off a tree like a thoughtless vine, keeping his mouth open for hours at a time. Other Pokemon would mistake him for a dumb plant and come over to check on the delicious scent wafting around him. What they didn’t know was that it was his saliva, baiting them to their doom. Carnivine was patient.

The marsh he lived in was a sluggish place. The water blended with the earth, making thick beds of mud underneath the grasses and weeds. All around, there were stately slow-growing trees that slowed the progress of wind and further slowed progress of those passing through. Some Pokemon around here, like himself, were quick in a pinch, but mostly lived slow lives of patience. The mud glurgled and the leaves rustled. There was never any need for rush.

Apparently, somebody hadn’t told that to the Pidgey rushing through the marsh. Every so often, he would see him rushing across the marsh in a flurry of wings in on direction. He would appear a day or two later rushing the other way. Carnivine wondered what for. There was no real reason to rush. Espeically if he was coming right back once he arrived.

One day, the Pidgey arrived and landed on a branch of Carnivine’s home tree. The little tan bird was breathing heavily, shifting his black eyes about as if expecting an ambush. Now that he was sitting still, Carnivine could see that the bird wore a red band around its neck, with a metal sleeve over one leg. It was probably working for the humans then. Carnivine didn’t care about that, though. He waited patiently, as always, for his next meal.

The bird rested for a while, then became interested in the sweet scent around him. Pidgey hopped along the branch, finding that the scent came from the strange looking flower on the vine nearby. Finding himself hungry now, Pidgey fluttered down and started to land on the edge of the flower, so as to search for the berry or whatever making the scent. Just in time, he noticed the flower move. Pidgey fluttered off right as the jaws of Carnivine snapped shut. If he hadn’t have moved, his neck could have easily been broken.

“Ack!” Pidgey shrieked. “Enemy spy found!” The bird rushed off, escaping the marsh.

Carnivine grumbled at the loss of a good meal, but soon had his jaws open and waiting again. All his life, he had been patient. One loss meant nothing. If he was patient, there would be a meal.

The next day, Carnivine was at his usual tree, hanging down and waiting. He had eaten a nice Wormadam the last evening, so he wasn’t too watchful. He should have been, as a large tan and red streak dove out of the sky and slashed sharp claws at him.

This was a situation that called for quickness. Carnivine lashed out his vines and let go of the tree, causing himself to wrap around the neck of the Pidgeotto who was attacking him. “You try to make me your meal and I’ll make you my meal,” he growled.

Pidgeotto slashed her claws at him. “Fool. We will win.”

Outpowered and desperate, Carnivine attempted to bite her head. If he could make her pass out and fall into the mud, he could hide in the grasses and get away from whoever else she meant in ‘we’. He tried his hardest, but Pidgeotto prevailed and knocked him out.

Carnivine woke up later inside a brown canvas tent. He was tied down with sturdy nylon ropes attached to a container of heavy ammunition. With that weight, there was no way he was getting out of this tent. The ground was hard-packed, not loose and muddy like his marsh home. Where was he?

He was alone, but patient waiting eventually solved that. Pidgey and Pidgeotto both came into the tent. Around their necks, both of them wore the red band that signified something. The smaller bird fluttered up to a crate. “He’s awake!”

“What am I doing in here?” Carnivine asked. “Why did you two tie me down?”

Pidgeotto ruffled her red crest feathers. “Because you’re a prisoner of war, that’s why,” she told him. “We’re making arrangements to hold you more securely.”

Snapping his vine on the floor, Carnivine growled. “Prisoner of war? What kind of nonsense is that? I’m not involved in any war!”

“You’re lying,” Pidgey accused.

“You’re assisting our enemies by baiting our messenger,” Pidgeotto said. “So who’s in charge of you? Who put you along the path back to the main base?”

“Nobody put me there,” he insisted. “I live in that marsh; I was born in that marsh. I don’t care about some stupid war the humans are having. I just wanted some lunch and he happened to be there.”

“But you weren’t there before,” Pidgey said.

“I was. You’ve been rushing through that area too fast to notice me anyhow. And what’s the big deal about rushing so much? There’s nothing so important that you have to be constantly between one place and the next.”

Angered, he puffed his feathers up. “It is so important! I carry lots of important messages. It doesn’t matter where they move this base; I’ll always find my nests back home and here.”

“Hush,” Pidgeotto reprimanded her junior. Then she looked to Carnivine. “You must be involved in the war. Everyone, human and Pokemon, are in this war. So are you with us or against us?”

“I told you, I don’t care about some stupid war.” He flicked his red leaves, which looked peculiarly like a cape around his ‘neck’. “Until you goofs came and disrupted my quiet life, I was just something silly Pokemon talked about. It’s just humans bickering over what they think of as land ownership or something. Just take me back to my home marsh and nothing will change.”

“Nothing?” she asked skeptically. “Are you sure of that? What about the weapons? What about the bombings, the airplanes, the armies? You aren’t that isolated in that marsh, you see. Even if we take you back, the war will affect you whether you want it to or not.”

“But he’s a spy,” Pidgey said, looking to Pidgeotto.

“No, I think he’s really just some civilian,” she replied.

“That’s right,” Carnivine said. “So just let me go and take me back home.”

“I’m afraid we can’t do that,” she said. “You’re at our base, so you know where it is. You could tell our enemies. And I’m not about to fly out fifty miles again to return somebody to a disputed territory. No, I’m drafting you into our army.”

“What?! That’s ridiculous! As I said, I don’t care about what humans think. I just want to live life as I always have.”

“I’m afraid that you can’t do that,” she repeated. “This is war, Carnivine. I am thinking of your best interests, whether you realize it or not. We’ll leave you here until the humans are free to get you in a Pokeball. Come on, messenger, I think you need a rest before heading back out.”

“Right, thanks.” The two birds left the tent.

Carnivine grumbled but from that day forward, he was a part of the army.

Carnivine Platinum entry: It binds itself to trees in marshes. It attracts prey with its sweet-smelling drool and gulps them down.

Pidgey Emerald entry: It has an extremely sharp sense of direction. It can unerringly return home to its nest, however far it may be removed from its familiar surroundings.

Pidgeotto Soul Silver entry: It renders its prey immobile using well-developed claws, then carries the prey more than 60 miles to its nest.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Messenger birds were taken from their home then released to bring a message back to its home, so its only a one way trip. Unless you decided to take hundreds of Pidgeys away from the same home and take them out into a war zone AND get a bunch of pidgeys that live where the current camp is and migrate them to home base. How were we suppose to know it was a human war? i only found out when they were talking to the carnivine(give him a name!)about human wars. Besides that, Bravo! I like a little guy in a mood, So much comical potential! Until your next post here or your next story.....see ya!!!
    *Warning! Warning!*

Tsk... Humans going to war shouldn't involve their Pokemon.

Nothing in reserve, Ysavvryl? >: D

May I request Blaziken/Absol? They were two staple members of my team in Hoenn.
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

*looks at date* I haven't reviewed in over two months? OHSNAPZ D:

Mega apologies! I've been extremely lazy busy, you know. However, I have been reading these, and they're just as enjoyable as ever! You always shake things up in such a great way (that is not an oxymoron :P), like Arceus's conversation with Doduo. Oh, and female!Missingno, of course. Who can forget female!Missingno? I was utterly stunned. In a good way.

Anyway, sorry again. I'll put in more effort to respond to these, since they definitely deserve it. Until next time. Live long and prosper~!
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Good stories, good stories. Sorry I haven't had the time to review them lately.

And I'd like to request another story that should be sheer awesomeness, especially if done by you. Slakoth/Azelf, please.

Azelf is the Willpower Pokemon. Slakoth is usually too lazy to do anything. This ought to be good...

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I'll check on those requests, but I think they're all okay. As for June reserves, I notice that Father's Day and the first day of summer are back to back... but I'll do one for each anyhow. Any requests for the solstice? Or the Fourth of July, since it's not long after. Or for Canada Day if I've got any Canadian readers! Make sure to check the first page index to see what's been covered.

Azelf and Slakoth indeed ought to be interesting...

In Process: Rapidash/Luxray
    On Deck: Gliscor/Uxie, Blaziken/Absol, Azelf/Slakoth
    Reserve: Relicanth (6/20), ??? (6/21)

AZURILL AND WYNAUT

As it was midday, not much was happening. The pond was still, save for a ripple that followed a blue orb. It floated on the surface, heading straight for the shore. When it got to the edge, a small blue mouse Pokemon emerged from the water. He shook himself once he got onto the land, flicking his oil-filled orb tail to dry it too. “Phew, that was a good swim. But now I’m hungry. Hmm.”

There was a nice berry patch nearby that he knew of. So the where was obvious. The how though… he could just walk, but that was boring. He could hop on his tail ball and bounce all the way there. That was fun sometimes. Or he could…

Azurill grinned, picking up the thin tail that connected his body to the oil orb. Although it was heavier than his body, he had the strength to lift it up, then swing it over his head. Five times, he swung the orb around, moving it faster and faster. Then, he flung the tail orb with as much strength as he could muster.

And it went flying. His body got yanked into the air after it. There was a slight pain, but it was thrilling enough that he ignored it. As he came down, he shifted himself around so that he gripped the orb. It hit the ground, flattened some, then bounced back into the air, flipping him around. Azurill laughed cheerily as his orb kept bouncing along the ground. Eventually, it lacked the energy to go back into the air and caused him to tumble along the ground. Loose dirt clung to his damp skin, but he didn’t care. This was too much fun.

When he stopped, he chucked himself over for any scratches or bruises. Nothing yet. He knew that someday, he would evolve, and then he wouldn’t be able to launch himself around like this anymore. “Might as well enjoy it while it lasts,” he said with a grin, picking his tail back up for another throw.

After his third throw, he was reasonably close to the berry patch. In order to make sure that he landed in the patch, Azurill was going to have to aim for a high arc. He threw his tail orb hard, sending himself flying over a large bush. As he got back upright to prepare for the landing bounce, he saw that he was heading straight for another Pokemon. This one was light blue, with long ears and a poof of hair coming off its head. He called out to get the other Pokemon’s attention, but it didn’t turn up to see him.

He crashed right into the stranger, but something curious happened. She didn’t budge from her spot, despite how hard he had come flying at her. After a half-second of contact, she straightened up and flung him backwards. Azurill tumbled along the dirt path, squealing as he went right into the thick bush that he had just thrown himself over. It wasn’t a thorn bush, thankfully. However, it was harboring a bunch of stickler plants, which covered him with their flat seeds.

He hopped out of the bush to get away from the stickler plants. “Ooo, I’m sorry,” he called over. “I couldn’t see you, so I didn’t mean to land on you.”

“No worries. Are you okay?” She turned around, wearing the biggest grin he had ever seen on a Pokemon. It curled up around her eyes and showed off a bright red tongue.

“I’m fine, just covered in stickies,” he replied. “I’m Azurill.” He made a bow, then started taking the stickies off.

“Good. I’m Wynaut.” She scooted over to him, still grinning. “I can help.” Curling her ears up, she reached over with them and showed off hidden fingers. With that, she plucked off stickies from his back and flicked them away.

“Thanks.”

“What were you flying about for anyhow? You don’t look like a Flying type.” She was still grinning.

“I’m not. I was just having fun, coming over here for lunch.” Once he had the stickies off his front, he brought his orb around the clean that. “Um, I don’t mean to be rude, but could you stop grinning like that? It’s creepy.”

“Sorry, but I can’t help that. I’m always grinning.” She swished her tail. “But I’m not crazy or anything. That’s just how we Wynauts are.”

“Oh, okay. So what are you doing here?”

“Same thing as you, getting lunch. Okay, that gets all the ones you can’t see. I know they don’t hurt, but they’re annoying.” She scooted around him, waddling with her paws.

“Yeah. Thanks for the help.”

“This place smelled nice,” she said, flipping her ears… arms, whatever they were. They hung from her head, but had fingers, so Azurill wasn’t sure what to make of it. “I go from berry patch to berry patch most of the time, following the scent. But I am supposed to be going somewhere now. Do you live around here? Mind giving me directions?”

“I live in the pond over that way,” he said, pointing back to the west. “But I know this area pretty well. What’re you looking for?”

Wynaut tapped her tail against the ground. “I’m supposed to meet with a bunch of my kin for a counter tournament. I was told to come to a peach orchard with a yellow windmill.”

He thought. “Oh, that place. I haven’t been there myself, but I’ve seen the windmill. Go to my pond, then head south to a tall hill. You can see the windmill from there in the distance.”

“I see. Thanks, that ought to help.”

“And what’s a counter tournament? Are you counting stuff?”

Giving a barking laugh, she replied, “No, but that would be fun too! You know how I bounced you back without moving? That’s a counter. I need to perfect countering in all forms before I evolve, so I take every chance I get to practice. Me and the others are going to compete to see who can counter the most counters. Want to come see? We don’t mind visitors.”

Go to a place where there were lots of the creepy grinning Pokemon? She seemed nice, but Azurill didn’t think he could handle a group of them without getting nightmares. “Oh, no thanks. I’ve got my own training to focus on.”

“I see. Well good luck with that, and don’t go in the stickler plants again.”

He chuckled. “Right. And good luck with your tournament.”

She gave him a wave with her ear-hand limb, then waddled off towards the pond. After reflecting on the oddities of other Pokemon, Azurill went to gather berries for his lunch. He supposed that he was strange to others at times.

Ruby entry: Azurill spins its tail as if it were a lasso, then hurls it far. The momentum of its throw sends its body flying, too. Using this unique action, one of these Pokemon managed to hurl itself a record 33 feet.

Emerald entry: A Wynaut loves to eat sweet fruits. It cleverly picks fruits using its earlike arms. They gather in fruit gardens, drawn by the fragrance.

Nice story. I see you managed to incorporate stuff from Wynaut's other Generation III entries as well, such as its permanent grin and the fact that they push up against one another to strengthen themselves. Although I never found Wynaut to be creepy. Cute, yes, but never creepy. I actually own a Wynaut, at level 100. I've had it for years, hatched it on Ruby and it's currently a member of my HeartGold team. Has 60 ribbons, too. Wynaut actually used to be my favorite Pokemon, now it's just among the top 10.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

He knew that someday, he would evolve, and then he wouldn’t be able to launch himself around like this anymore.
    Why did I get a strong Peter Pan vibe when I read this? >>;

Go to a place where there were lots of the creepy grinning Pokemon? She seemed nice, but Azurill didn’t think he could handle a group of them without getting nightmares.
    XD

Aw, I liked the mental image of the Wynaut grooming Azurill. It's a very cute image. ^_^

So, summer solstice. Perhaps Castform could work? You know, it naturally learns how to make the sun come out, it can actually look like the sun, etc.

Would it be all right if I added my Banette and Absol/Kadabra/Lucario entries to FF.net? (Shiny new account ftw.) If not, it's okay if you add them to POS over there.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

Hey there! I was finally able to get back into my account so at last I can tell you how much I love your stories!! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten out my phone and checked to see if you have a new one up.

Now, you asked for something for the summer solstice. How about using Epseon? Espeon is the sun pokemon after all, was the first pokemon to evolve during the day, and was originally the only pokemon capable of learning Morning Sun. I think it could work.
    Also, think you could do a Ponyta/Roserade fic? I'd love to see that.
    Last edited by almighty umbreon; 10th June 2010 at 11:02 PM.
    My shiny pogeymanz. Let me show you them.

Found a shiny Beldum on a chain of 5. Battled, put it to sleep, chucked ball after ball...and watched it kill itself with struggle. FFFFF.

(Wow I thought I did this one already....)
    Awww How cute/creepy I never thought a Wynaut could be so cute. For me they freak me out. With their jagged mouth and their ear things....moving on.
    That story was OK I guess with the pokemon you were given but I would have wanted to have the Azurill walk in on the counter contest. How you explained counter was a little weak though. I mean maybe you should have had a special attack, attack hit the Wynaut.
    In other news my birthday is coming up on the sixteenth and I would like to request a pichu for that day. (since you already did Pikachu....)
    So next see ya! Well not SEE YOU, see you...more like hear from you later or reading your material later or something like that...
    *Warning! Warning!*

@darkdragontamer: Sure! I'm up to Dunsparce and Qwilfish there.

@TT: Pikachu: Sorry, I won't take that as a reserve. I'll put it on the request list, though.

In Process: Gliscor/Uxie
    On Deck: Blaziken/Absol, Azelf/Slakoth, Ponyta/Roserade, Pichu
    Reserve: Relicanth (6/20), Castform/Espeon (6/21)

RAPIDASH AND LUXRAY

The stadium was crowded, noisy, and rowdy. People shouted, held up signs, and barely waited for the next match to begin. In the staging area, floor workers were busy setting up obstacles and boundary markers. An announcer and his guest tried to entertain everyone with a joke routine, but the laughter was sporadic. Most of the audience must have heard it before.

On the north end of the stadium seats, a newcomer to this kind of match was fidgeted in his seat. It was a simple wooden bench with a back, so it was hard to find a comfortable sitting position. Around him, most of the audience seemed too caught up in the matches or gossip to notice. “How long are they gonna take?”

“Not much longer,” his friend answered. “They’ve almost got things set up and they’re getting to the end of that Pikachu gag. How’re you liking the Pokemon Xtreme League?”

He looked around the oval stadium. “I still think it’s all rigged beforehand. They use lots of fancy moves, but nothing real.”

“Nothing real?” he echoed mockingly. “This isn’t theater, you know. This is real! And way more exciting than those kiddie Gym Leagues. You’ll see in this upcoming match; it doesn’t get any more real than it does here.”

“So they say.” He looked down at the concrete floor and noticed a shiny spot. How well did they clean things around here?

There was a forced laugh from the announcer (which almost convinced one that it was real) as the stadium workers cleared the field. “All right, thanks Mark. And now, the time has come for the day’s first grudge race! Our Pokemon contenders will have to race each other through a harrowing track with straight-a-ways, hills, and obstacles in order to have the chance to race against the stadium champion! And here come the up and coming Pokemon stars now!”

“It doesn’t look very harrowing,” the newcomer said, looking over the hay bale and wood obstacles. “Any decent racing Pokemon could get through that.”

“You’re not on the ground to see just how tough it is,” the fan replied. “They specially design everything to be rough on the Pokemon. Some of them even get hurt.”

“I see safety systems in place.”

“Stop analyzing and enjoy the show.”

“Our first contender comes from the fields of Kanto,” the announcer called out, turning to the entrance to his right. “Said to be born one of the fastest animals on land, he will burn up the track today in order to make a blazing start to this year’s rankings. Able to run both sprints and marathons, he has the highest rated acceleration of all the contenders in our League! Here he is folks, the grand and fiery Alfonzo the Rapidash!”

After the announcer flung his arm out to the right entrance, the red curtain was burned aside as a tall white equestrian Pokemon pranced through. Alfonzo shook his mane out to stir up the bright red fires and show off his shining horn to the crowd. They responded with loud cheers and whistles. Many chanted his name as the Rapidash took his time walking up to the starting line, seemingly proud enough that he didn’t have a worry in the world.

“GO ALFONZO!” the fan shouted. He grinned as he turned to his friend again. “Alfonzo is awesome! He almost made it as last year’s champion Pokemon, only to be beat out by a cheating Gabite. But I’m betting on him! He will make it this year!”

“Isn’t it risky to be betting on events like this?” the newcomer asked. Especially since this probably was rigged, he thought but didn’t say. The Xtreme League had always come off as a bloated money-making spectacle to him.

“Not with the right smarts.”

The announcer than turned to the entrance to his left. “Daring to take on one of the most popular contenders of the Xtreme League, we have a dark and mysterious newcomer! Known to race about during the dead of night without alerting a soul to her presence, no one is quite sure what she is fully capable of, or even what she is. Here she is, The Mysterious One!”

When the lights went onto the left entrance, nothing happened.

Murmurs spread through the crowd. The announcer scratched his head. “Okay, the mystery is where… oh there she is, right at the starting line! Eager to race, are we?”

Sitting quietly by Alfonzo was the so-called Mysterious One, startling him into snorting and flaring his fire mane. Her feline body was covered in black and dark blue fur, while her long tail was tipped by a yellow star. For some reason, there was a brown burlap sack put over her head. The large screen showed that the sack had a slit it in near her nose, so she could breathe. But it had no eye holes. Some people cheered, others laughed, while yet others were confused.

The newcomer shook his head. “That’s a Luxray.”

“How can you tell?” the fan asked. “The League officials can’t even tell what she is.”

“It’s obvious,” he replied, trying not to sound irritated. “She looks like a Luxray with a burlap sack over her head. That color, fur, and especially the star-tipped tail. That’s a Luxray.”

His friend smirked. “Well you’ve got to be wrong. There’s no eyeholes! Luxray is an Electric Pokemon, not a Psychic, so it wouldn’t see with a sack over its head.”

The announcer was giving the rundown of how the race worked, so the newcomer kept talking. “They can see through things. My neighbor has one for a house guard Pokemon and he blasted a thief who was trying to get in the basement window, although the Luxray couldn’t see the thief through the living room wall. A burlap sack is nothing. It has to do with their electrical sense…”

“Hush, it’s going to start,” the fan said, with his eyes on the track.

At the starting line, the Rapidash stamped his hoof down, eager to run. The ‘mystery’ Luxray stretched her front paws out, then the back, then waited on the signal. The announcer grabbed the air horn by him. “All right, ready…”

Alfonso whinnied impatiently, but stayed behind the line drumming his hooves in preparation.

“Get set…”

The Mysterious One twitched her starry tail and sent twin arcs of electricity snapping over between her legs.

“GO!” The air horn blasted, soon drowned out by the crowd’s roar.

Within a few steps, the Rapidash overtook the Luxray, tearing down the first straight way. The dust that was kicked up behind Alfonzo flashed with fire as it was incinerated by his tail flames. Behind him, the Luxray built up speed, quick but not as quick as him. She didn’t run entirely straight like he did, weaving about instead to dodge the dust flames.

At the first turn, Alfonzo has to slow just as quickly as he had sped up. It was a wide 180 right turn that was blocked by some vertical poles. In order to turn and avoid the poles, he couldn’t go at top speed. As he was getting past the last of the poles, the Luxray had started them. She took them at full speed, nimbly dodging them with uncanny accuracy. This closed the gap.

It got maintained down a short straight path, but then there was a 90 left turn that lead to some hay bale blocks that had to be jumped. Both managed well. Alfonso set fire to one of his hay bales while audible sparks were heard as The Mysterious One used her Electric powers to increase her jumping height. Behind them, a crewman came out to put out the fire.

There was another 90 left turn leading quickly to a 90 right turn. The Rapidash had to go slower to make both turns, so the more agile Luxray managed to close the distance. As they got side-by-side, they faced another set of vertical poles to dodge. Still not bothered by the sack over her head, The Mysterious One managed to get a lead heading into a 90 right turn.

On the next stretch, there was a series of dirt covered ramps. It gave them both some trouble, so the positions didn’t change. After another 90 right, they were faced with the starting line again, now the goal line. But it was some distance away and there was one more obstacle to face. A number of poles and ropes lead into a multiple path break. All led eventually to the final stretch, but some curved, some zig-zagged, and others had ramps.

Alfonzo chose to go through a path with a long gentle curve. He could almost take it at full speed. Beside him, The Mysterious One chose a zig-zag path, darting through each sharp turn without hesitation. She pulled ahead and headed into the final stretch while he was trying to navigate that gentle curve.

When he finally got onto the main track, Alfonso gave a loud whinny and began rushing to catch up. the Luxray continued on as he closed the gap. That gap grew smaller and smaller, until both reached the goal line and…

The crowd was going wild. “Just amazing!” the announcer called out. “Which Pokemon won the race? They were so close they could have touched each other. Let’s turn to the technical crew and see if they can answer the big question: who won this race?!”

“ALFONZO!” the fan shouted, jumping out of his seat. He dropped back down immediately, grinning at his friend. “And how can you say that was faked?”

“Easy,” the newcomer said. “Neither one of them were racing at their full capacity. If they were, we couldn’t watch them on this small track. You are right about one thing, though: the concessions at this place are really good.”

Rapidash Pearl entry: It has astounding acceleration. From a standstill, it can reach top speed in 10 steps.

HG/SS entry: Luxray’s ability to see through objects comes in handy when it’s scouting for danger.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 12th June 2010 at 5:37 PM.

By "sure", shall I assume you meant it's okay for me to post them, or that you'll put them on POS?

*goes to post one anyway* >_>;

For some reason, there was a brown burlap sack put over her head.
    What is this I don't even. o0; Quite random ...

“Just amazing!” the announcer called out. “Which Poekmon won the race?
    Pokemon. XD

Since numerical figures generally look better when typed out, I'd suggest replacing 90 and 180 with ninety-degree and one-eighty. (Because reading "ninety left turn" would be a bit confusing. :P)

I liked the competitive nature of this one; it's not something I've seen before. I'm guessing these are wild Pokemon? Because it didn't seem like they had trainers ...

And boy, do I sympathize with that newcomer. How could you not recognize the Mysterious One as a Luxray? Honestly, no wonder his friend was so into the obviously rigged competition ...

Anyway, fun and exciting entry for the win. ^_^

I've been watching this thread for a while, and I have to say, all of them are amazing. May I request a Ninetales/Psyduck one?

Yeah, I meant you could post them yourself (I'm not posting guest entries in the fanfiction version).

Sorry about not getting PMs out. Lag forced me to leave Serebii for a while.

Talking

Yay! Pichu comming up! (Even if its not soon...)
    I liked that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    @TT: Pikachu: Sorry, I won't take that as a reserve. I'll put it on the request list, though.
    Its fine! I knew I was mentioning it a bit late. Latter is better than never!

“Not much longer,” his friend answered. “They’ve almost got things set up and they’re getting to the end of that Pikachu gag.”
    I hope that was inspired by me! If not...who cares! It has a Pikachu! But that forced laugh part was not inspired by me was it?

“Easy,” the newcomer said. “Neither one of them were racing at their full capacity. If they were, we couldn’t watch them on this small track.
    Small? From the way you described it I thought it would be a football field! Unless they can-...Oh.

Rapidash Pearl entry: Fire 1

HG/SS entry: Electric 4
    What is that suppose to tell us? Their ability's in Pokemon Ranger? Those confused me...
    Over all I think a sentence here or there could improve it but otherwise pretty good for a one shot. I sometimes think you should take all the one shots and make entire stories on them. But if you did that you would be at the computer until the world ends....Do it!
    Nah just kidding! Until The Pichu strikes twelve on the 16th of June see ya later!(I know, I know, No pichu story on the 16th...) :{
    *Warning! Warning!*

Thank you for taking my request Ysavvryl! I -loved- the Rapidash/Luxray one
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

Oh, those notes? They're for my own reference (Type, generation, if you must know). I usually delete those before I post. Some of the entires would be neat extended, but I'm usually thinking about other stories. Like this one; it kinda ties in with a separate one-shot that I need to get back to. Or mini-series. I'm not sure how long it's gonna turn out.

*Wonders what Pokemon will go with Mespirit...*

In Process: Blaziken/Absol, reserves
    On Deck: Azelf/Slakoth, Ponyta/Roserade, Pichu, Ninetales/Psyduck
    Reserve: Relicanth (6/20), Castform/Espeon (6/21)

Gliscor and Uxie

It was quiet this high off the ground. The air was moving to the east, but there was little for it to vibrate against. While Gliscor was gliding, the wind passed over him without remark. It was frigid with winter, but he forced himself to keep moving. The dark night skies were fading and soon his dark blue skin would be easily seen. For now, other Pokemon would be lucky to spot him.

Below him, the sea had given way to land. It was thickly forested with evergreens, which were all covered in cold snow. There was a chance that more snow was on the way. As he disliked the cold, it would be wise for him to head southward, find a warmer place. But the winds had pulled him steadily north and while crossing the ocean, it was unwise of him to come out of his glide. He could glide forever, but he could only fly for so long.

He spotted a movement of black in the trees and decided to break the glide then. He dove at the creature, which turned out to be a Starly. When it realized he was coming, the Starly yelped, alerting others to danger. But a strike from his poisonous tail quieted it and he went off to eat his meal elsewhere.

When finished, he went back up and looked around the area. There was a lake in the distance and curiously enough, there was an island cave in the center of it. It would give him shelter from the wind and any upcoming snow. Before the dawn fully came, Gliscor flew over to the lake and went inside the cave.

It wasn’t as cold inside. Not warm as he would like it, but tolerable if he curled in tight. On the floor were strange shallow grooves filled with water. The sign seemed to have some significance, but he didn’t know it. Was this someplace special? It seemed to be. But there also seemed to be no one there. Finding a spot against the wall, Gliscor hung on the ceiling and went to sleep.

Sometime in the day, he was awoken by a shock of pain. But he didn’t seem to be hurt. Wary, he opened his eyes and saw an unusual Pokemon in the cave with him. It had a large head and two thin tails. It seemed exhausted and upset. If it were a Psychic, it was probably emitting a sense of its pain without realizing it.

Gliscor considered if it were edible. It was part of his usual judgment upon meeting a strange Pokemon. But he had a feeling he’d better not. Since it wasn’t prey, he stretched his wings out and uttered a soft call.

It tensed, startled. Then it looked up to him. Although it didn’t open its eyes, he knew it was observing him. So it was a Psychic. It replied in a musical voice with an ethereal echo. But much of its meaning came from sent images, flashes of memory. And not just the Psychic’s.

Somewhere here, there was a group of humans who wore strange costumes and nearly all had blue hair. They took young and growing Pokemon from wherever they were to be found; he got several images from a Gligar stolen from his Trainer. The humans then stole the power the young Pokemon stored for evolution, in ways that Gliscor couldn’t comprehend, but this one, Uxie, he seemed to understand fully.

Those Pokemon suffered. The lucky ones got depressed and gave up on evolving entirely. Others endured weakness and pain. Dozens had died out of thousands that had been taken. The Gligar had lived thus far, but his wings had become sensitive and painful. And of them, not one of them knew why it was done to them. It seemed to be mere chance provided the Pokemon could evolve.

The reason it had been done was because someone wanted to capture Uxie and his two siblings, who had been hibernating away from the world. And they had been captured because that someone wanted to drain their powers, more immense of that then mortal Pokemon, then use that to enslave something far more dangerous, from the very beginnings of the universe. Although Uxie had gone through this awful draining progress, he did not seem to care about his pain. When thinking on the other Pokemon, he was gravely upset, accounting for most of his distress.

Gliscor was just patient watching those images flash across his mind. It didn’t mean much to him, except maybe in his younger peer who was in trouble. But there wasn’t any risk in letting Uxie more or less babble at him psychically. He seemed to calm down with the exchange: his tails stopped flipping about and his posture loosened. When he stopped, he finally noticed that he was shaking. Clasping his paws together, Uxie made one last note, that he felt certain someone was going to do something against this madman. If this someone could follow in time, then he and his siblings would be able to prevent danger.

After that, he lowered his head and sighed. Then he dropped onto the floor and was soon asleep.

On the ceiling of the small cave, Gliscor curled himself back up in his wings. It was a troubling tale. But the important place now seemed to be atop the grand mountain he had seen in coming in. If it were summer, he wouldn’t mind trying. In winter, he didn’t feel he could make it through the icy winds and snowy fog. It was still his intention to take off to someplace warmer later on.

He went back to sleep himself and woke up shortly after sundown. Looking down, he noticed that Uxie was having a troubled sleep. He had managed to get himself into one of the shallow grooves of water. It had to be very cold water and the Psychic seemed to still be weak. That couldn’t be good for him. But he was just an acquaintance, someone whose cave he was borrowing.

On the other hand, Gliscor thought, he had slept in here without asking permission. He hadn’t known who had claimed it. Some he’d fight, but not this Pokemon. He ought to get Uxie out of that cold water. But even if he was a deep sleeper, how would Gliscor move Uxie without waking him? Or more importantly, without poisoning him? He wasn’t a poison Pokemon, but he had enough venom to hunt in that fashion.

Gliscor knew he wasn’t clever, so it was surprising when he began thinking of ways to solve the problem. If he were a Fire-type, he could make a fire to warm the cave. But if he could do that, he would have done so when he arrived. He could take the water out of the groove, since Uxie then couldn’t get out of it in his turning. But maybe the symbol was intentional and he wasn’t really sure how to drain it out. He could just wake Uxie up, but that felt rude. While he could pick the other Pokemon up, his claws were made for snatching and crushing, not handling carefully.

On looking over the symbol, there was a dip that had no water in it. Gliscor decided on a plan that required great care. He landed by Uxie, outside of the water groove. Keeping his claws shut, he supported the Psychic’s head with them, then wound his tail around the body. He had to be careful not to brush with his stinger, but it worked.

The water was just as he thought, almost but not quite ice. He lifted Uxie out, then placed him on rocky ground. Since Gliscor couldn’t move well on the ground, he couldn’t very well carry him to the safer spot. But he could move around him, then move him another life closer. It took four more rounds, but then he was able to place Uxie in the dry dip.

It was still cool in here, so Gliscor flew outside and climbed into the air. In the early night, he could see lights from a human town. The wind was headed southwest, so he had to fly partly against that to get there. But they would have things that would help.

When he got there, he saw no humans about. They were all keeping out of the night’s chill. Gliscor did spot a snow sculpture of an Ampharos. Who knew why it was an Ampharos, but the important thing to him was that it wore a hat and scarf, both loose. He flew down and snatched the two items away. as he had a better use for them, they were as good as his. They were a little damp, but if he flew in the winter wind, that water would freeze and he might be able to hit them against the rocky cave surfaces to get rid of it.

As he beat the ice out of the scarf, Gliscor wondered again at the strange ideas. He normally concerned himself with survival of himself: finding food, finding shelter, finding a good wind to ride. Doing all this for the sake of someone else, someone he’d only met that day, it was different. Aside from laziness, there was no reason not to.

It took some time, but he felt it had worked. Uxie was still in that dip, so Gliscor glided over the water to him. First, he easily got the scarf to cover the Psychic’s body. As for the hat… he didn’t think his claws could work a hat. But he could put it by Uxie’s head, near where the door was as to catch any stray chill coming in.

When he came back out, snow was falling. The air felt like it was building into a storm. Gliscor didn’t want to fly on a night like this. He did spend some time before he got bad hunting for food. And again, a strange thought came to him. Uxie probably wasn’t a meat-eater like he was. But there were some hardy berries that were growing around the lake, so Gliscor snipped off a branch of those and returned to the cave with them. He spent much of that night doing a thorough job of grooming, something he didn’t get many chances for. Although he watched Uxie, his companion didn’t awaken.

Another day passed that Gliscor slept through, but Uxie still hadn’t awoken as the bat checked around for signs of a promising wind to the south. He wasn’t giving off that aura of weakness, so that had improved. Since the winds didn’t seem favorable, Gliscor flew along the lake.

About midnight, he spotted Uxie hovering about inside. He called a friendly greeting, to which Uxie responded in kind. Then there were those images again. In the next day, or maybe the one after that, he expected to be gone to the sacred mountain to meet with his siblings. They would stop the major problems from starting. He also thanked Gliscor for his care and watch.

He even guessed at Gliscor’s strange ideas, for he also said that he was a muse, which apparently was a Pokemon that inspired others simply by his presence. In particular, he was a muse of intelligence and cleverness. That inspiration would continue for the rest of Gliscor’s life, as a gift of thanks. Then Uxie instructed him on where and at what height to catch a wind to the south. And if he would like to continue helping, Uxie also gave him the location that the young Gligar was currently at, recovering from his ordeal.

That seemed like a good plan. Gliscor and Uxie said goodbye to each other in their native tons, then went their separate ways.

Gliscor Platinum entry: If it succeeds in catching even a faint breeze properly, it can circle the globe without flapping once.

Uxie HG/SS entry: According to some sources, this Pokemon provided people with the intelligence necessary to solve various problems.

A day late for Father's Day, and I'll probably be late for the summer one too. Sorry, just lots going on. Like Mother's Day this year, I picked a Pokemon I think my dad would like.

In Process: Blaziken/Absol
    Reserve: Castform/Espeon (6/21)

Relicanth

The ocean waters were dark blue, contrasting the light blue skies above. Both were still. Below, small ripples showed the ocean remained active, but undisturbed. Above, there were no clouds, just a slow breeze that kept things from being stifling. The sun kept at a lazy pace in crossing the sky. Pokemon of the area were quiet. All in all, it was a sleepy passive day.

Near a small sandy island, a rough brown and tan fish Pokemon stayed at the surface of the water. The Relicanth was usually found at the bottom of the seas, but this one, named Dusty, was living under a human Trainer. He had grown accustomed to living at the surface of the water. As he ate microscopic plankton, food was no problem. It was a different kind of plankton, but just as edible. It didn’t bother him.

Not much bothered him at all. Dusty knew that his kind was ancient. as long as the seas had been here, so had the Relicanths. At least, that’s what his kind always said. And in all that time, they had never changed. They had never evolved, until some hyped up Pokemon that changed forms repeatedly for very short lives. A Relicanth could live a long time, and it would never change. They had never changed.

And thus, nothing was a surprise. Dusty could always know that if anything happened, some member of his race had probably seen it before. They had existed for a hundred million years, or so it was said. Because of that, some member of the Relicanth kind had to have seen some strange thing. In all, they had probably seen everything under the sun. Nothing should be a surprise and Dusty lived by that philosophy.

Like right now. Dusty’s Trainer was kicking back in a reclining lawn chair, taking a nap. Said lawn chair was on top of the sea’s waters. Attached to the bottom and sides of the chair were metal pipes, which made a support structure. That structure was attached to a harness, which the Relicanth was wearing around his body. With Dusty holding onto the lawn chair in this manner, the human could be there safely for hours at a time. Dusty did not mind. He simply stayed at the surface, lazily filtering plankton into his mouth.

The human was currently fishing, which meant he was leaving a line in the water as an excuse to take a long nap. An umbrella attached to the lawn chair helped shade his head from the sun. On this quiet sleepy day, it was the perfect opportunity for such kinds of fishing. They might catch something, or they might catch nothing. It didn’t really matter. Restful days like this were necessary.

A splash interrupted the quiet day. The Relicanth opened his small eyes to see a bright blue Chinchou floating next to him. With its antenna bulbs flickering, she smiled. ‘Hi there! Can I ask you something, huh, huh?”

Taking a deep breath, Dusty replied, “What is it?”

“So I’ve seen this line and hook hanging in the water for a long long time and I just wanted to know, what’re you fishing for? Are you fishing for a partner? Cause I think I’d be good in battles! I’m looking for a Trainer. Is yours looking for a Chinchou like me?” she looked over hopefully, turning disappointed when the man was still sleeping.

“Hmmm… nope. We’re fishing for dinner.”

The Chinchou’s eyes went wide. “What? You’re looking to eat somebody? That’s terrible, awful… you evil predators!” She dove back underwater in a fright.

Dusty just closed his eyes again. There was nothing to get worked up about in that exchange. Even discounting the fact that he couldn’t eat anything he could see, predators were a natural part of life. It had happened since the beginning of time, since the Relicanth kind had been about. So, what was surprising about fishing for a meal? He quietly ignored the short chat.

Overhead, a Wingull flew by and landed on the man’s umbrella. He squawked. “Oh my. Long flight. May I rest here, buddy?”

“I’ve got no problems with that,” Dusty replied slowly.

A group of Magikarp then came swimming by. They were leaping out of the water, laughing and cheering. “That was awesome! We did great!”

“Yeah!” another called. “We’ll be super-powered Magikarps in no time now!”

“I doubt that,” the Wingull muttered.

Dusty watched the red fish swim on. It was nothing new. After all, everyone wanted to be more powerful in one way or another. He was just more concerned about relaxing today. His Trainer kept sleeping.

Time passed. A Coast Guard ship went by on its daily patrol. An actual fishing boat, this one carrying an impressive Wailord, passed them by. A party boat passed a short time later, all decorated with streamers, balloons, and signs congratulating someone’s birthday. Ignoring anyone else who might be nearby, they shot off noisy bottle rockets and roman candles.

The Wingull covered his head with his wings. “Ugh. What’s up with that racket? Some of us are sleeping here!”

Wondering, Dusty looked back at his Trainer. The man was still asleep. Grumbling a bit, but he wasn’t letting the noise bother him. “It’s nothing new,” the Relicanth said. “Such things pass by often.”

“With fireworks?” the Wingull grumbled.

“Not always. But it has happened before.”

A short time later, someone’s voice broke the quiet. “Row, row, row our boat… come on, we need to get to the meeting location!”

Dusty opened his eyes to see a wooden rowboat with three people in it. They were all wearing distinctive blue hoodies. Of the three, only two were actually rowing. “Can’t you take a turn?” one of the rowers complained.

“Yeah, we’ve been at this since Lilycove,” the other added.

“Can’t,” the third said. “I hurt my elbow pretty bad back there, so I don’t want to break it. And since I’m the most important member of our trio, I must be exempt.”

“So you say. Did you hurt it intentionally?”

“Of course not! Why would I hurt myself like that? And quit slacking. We’ve got more sea to cover.”

Strange. But nothing new, Dusty considered. People were like that, both human and Pokemon.

“What’re those twits thinking, crossing the Hoenn sea in a rowboat?” the Wingull asked. “They’re going to get stranded.”

“People do dumb things, it’s not surprising,” Dusty replied.

A minute later, while the rowboat was still struggling onward, a blaring siren of the Coast Guard ships pierced the air. The trio in the rowboat stopped, then tried to rush on in a panic. Then the party boat came back by, going at its full speed. No fireworks were being shot this time. Just behind them was the Coast Guard boat, screaming at them through a loudspeaker to stop in the name of Hoenn marine law. The two large boats passed by Dusty with his lawn-chair harness and the smaller rowboat without stopping.

“What’s that about?” the Wingull grumbled. “I don’t see how your human is getting any sleep.”

“He does,” Dusty said. “They probably got in trouble because of the fireworks.”

After some time, the Coast Guard boat, the party boat, and even the rowboat moved on (the last to continued complaints from the ‘leader’ and the rowers). Dusty stayed where he was. The fishing line hadn’t been tugged on at all during that afternoon, but there was no order to move. As the day quieted, it seemed like all was well.

Then a strange green and violet Pokemon crashed out of the ocean, looking back in a fright. The Wingull squawked in surprise. “Oh my gosh, is that the new immortal Pokemon Deoxys?!”

“That’s no big deal,” Dusty said.

“No big deal?” the Wingull asked. “But it’s a new immortal. Only the most powerful of Pokemon can become immortal.”

“My kind has been around for a hundred million years,” Dusty told him. “We’ve seen immortals come and go. It’s nothing new.”

Then a second immortal Pokemon, the small blue Manaphy, popped out of the water. “Aw come on!” she cried. “It’s only for one day.”

“No, absolutely not!” Deoxys stated, drawing back. “I’m not doing it.”

“But it’s for a good cause,” she added, making her antenna orb flicker with disappointment.

He twitched in response. “I am not wearing a ball gown! You won’t talk me into this one.” He then vanished from the scene.”

“Aw phooey.” Manaphy dove back underwater.

There was a moment of silence. “What the fudge was that about?” the Wingull asked, his beak agape.

“It’s got nothing to do with us,” Dusty said calmly. “So don’t worry.”

The Wingull flew off the umbrella and came to circle over him. “Does anything surprise you?”

“Not much,” he answered, shaking himself.

At that movement, his Trainer finally woke up. “Hmm? Is somethin’ on the line?” He reeled back in and looked at the bait on the hook. “Bah.”

“Honey!” A woman came down the beach from the house on the small sandy island nearby. “Are you going to have supper in tonight?”

“Mimi, your cooking is so bad, I can’t even use it as fishing bait,” the man called back.

Dusty’s eyes popped open. “What? Did he seriously just say that?”

Back on shore, the woman got angry and yelled back at them. Apparently they were stuck outdoors tonight until they caught a new meal.

Ruby entry: Relicanth is a Pokemon species that existed for a hundred million years without ever changing its form. This ancient Pokemon feeds on microscopic organisms with its toothless mouth.

Thumbs up

I lol'd at the thought of a Relicanth's eyes popping open.

I lol'd at the thought of a Deoxys in a ball gown.

A day late or not, this one was pretty good. Well worth the wait, I'd say.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Ysavvryl, could i be on the PM list for these, please? i do read them, i just don't comment much... same for all the stuff here really.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Another late reserve. Except for the thread's two year anniversary (!), I won't be making any more reserves for a while. I'm not giving the reason here. I won't get PMs out immediately, due to an appointment.

In Process: Blaziken/Absol
    Reserve: ... (7/12)

Espeon and Castform

Watching the rain coat the window, Sarah the Espeon twitched her tail. She disliked rainy days, as it meant she wouldn’t be going outside for a walk. Thankfully, she lived inside the building she worked at. She didn’t have to go out in the rain. She still didn’t like it.

As the playing song started on its ending, she turned from the window and hopped back onto a chair, then to the desk. The radio station’s program was blinking, so she tapped the screen to let it know she was there. Soon, a Castform drifted to her side. “Warooo?”

“Yes, it’s almost your turn,” she told him.

He gurgled in excitement and twisted the top of his water droplet form around. As it was raining, he was blue with his rainy form. He liked the rain much better than her, since it was an opportunity to use this form.

However, she didn’t have time to reply just then. She turned to the seat where a black box was sitting. This was an artificial human voice, something a local inventor wanted tested. While the radio station had meant to use it as a joke, Sarah found it to have immense potential. With her psychic powers, she could manipulate the voice box. She couldn’t telepath over radio waves. But she now had a human voice to use.

As the station screen started showing its broadcast warning, Sarah focused on the voice box. “And that was The Spinda Twist by the Reynolds Brothers Band,” the box stated in what seemed to be a normal human woman’s voice. “A good wake-up call to any of you sleepyheads still snoozing, right? This is Sarah’s Morning Sun Morning Show on 99.4 FM from our studio in Vermillion City, Kanto region. For those of you getting ready to head out, here’s your traffic report with Cindy. How’s it looking out there?”

By memory, Sarah tapped the screen with one tip of her forked tail, letting the line open up to their traffic correspondent. Cindy was one of the morning show’s human workers, although only the two Pokemon were in the studio. “Well the rain has many roads and routes slick, so be careful heading out. Visibility is cut in the heaviest sections of the storm, so take a few extra minutes to get to work or school safely. Car traffic is slow around the bypass, while foot traffic is down to a minimum. But if you Trainers are determined, you may find rain and mud loving Pokemon along the unpaved routes. Just bring your mud boots and umbrellas.”

Sarah then hit the screen button again to cut off that line. “All right, thank you Cindy. Sounds like a good day to go fishing for Water Pokemon! Next, we have our weather forecast with our weather Castform Ray. What’ve we got in store for the rest of the day, Ray?”

“Waaarra!” The Castform drifted over to another screen, which gave them forecasts from a weather station. But it was only a guideline. Between the two of them, the given forecast was modified to something more accurate. Ray felt weather in his every watery molecule, while Sarah could sense it with her powers, gem, and whiskers. “Weh do raaa oo rasaa wrep wess weddo wraah.”

She knew what he was saying, but the human listeners wouldn’t. “It seems the rain will continue through the morning, tapering off into scattered showers for the rest of the day. Western parts of Kanto should start seeing clear skies by noon, while eastern Kanto will remain mostly cloudy until evening.”

“Waadda!” Ray exclaimed, then chattered on.

“Ah, and Cinnibar, Fuschia, and the sea routes surrounding them are under a fog advisory until eleven in the morning. You residents know this already, but anyone planning to travel to these areas may wish to hold off until the fog clears. As you know, a fog advisory means that you may be able to clear a certain area with Defog, but the moisture content is too high to fully clear visibility. So don’t be reckless even if you have a defogging Pokemon with you.”

Ray then went on. He liked the radio business too. Then again, he just liked being given an excuse to talk. Sarah took advantage of that to give him his own comedy segment of the morning show. The Castform was familiar enough with buttons and touch screen computers that she could give him a variety of sound clips, bites, and samples to spice up his talks with. While humans found it a positive and endearing part of the show, Pokemon listeners found him hilarious. She never translated his chats, but few listeners made serious complaints about that.

Sarah did translate all of his weather forecast segments. “Tomorrow and Friday should be partly cloudy with mild temperatures, but the rains will return on the weekend. Ray says if you have any plans for then, you’d better have rain gear or alternate plans then.”

“Weez whe ran ah.”

“Oh yes, and if you have any rain loving Pokemon like our Ray, you might want to let them outside today to enjoy the wet weather. Any who dislike the wet would rather stay indoors.”

Sarah’s whiskers then twitched. Something was up. Listening to her psychic senses, she could tell that a competitor at another morning show was trying to steal their audience and was trying to call them in order to discredit them. If she wanted to keep her (and Ray’s) job, they needed to address this competitor directly.

She felt confident that she could do so. ‘We have trouble on the line,” she warned her partner. ‘Don’t lose your temper.’

Ray bobbed in the air, showing his agreement.

Taking control of the voice box, she stated over the air, “Okay, and let’s take a call from one of our listeners. We’ll take… this line.” She flicked her tail to choose the line the competitor was on. “Good morning, this is Sarah and Ray...”

“Warroooo!”

“…of 99.4 FM. Who is this?”

“Hey, this is Bub,” a man’s voice replied, using a fake name. “I gotta question for ya.”

“Ask away,” she replied politely.

“Is it true that you’ve got no humans working for your show?”

“That is false,” Sarah replied. After all, Cindy was human so the Espeon wasn’t completely lying. “What makes you think that?”

“Well you’ve got that chatty Castform and you translate what he says. It takes a Pokemon to understand Pokemon speech.”

“Whe ba do,” Ray commented, making a dismissive gesture with his rainy frill.

“I’m a trained psychic,” she stated. “And, as he said, I am familiar enough with him that I know exactly what he’s saying. Besides, if all of us were humans, how would any of our human listeners understand us?”

“Well there’s talking Pokemon; I bet you’re a trained Kadabra.”

“fizzzzit.’

“The powers of a Kadabra tend to mess with electrionics, so they can’t work in a radio station,” Sarah pointed out. “You should know that, Larry.”

He was startled for a bit, then said, “I’m Bob.”

“Actually, you said you were Bub. But you’re really Larry of the morning show over at 102.9 FM, right?” After a moment of silence, the Espeon smugly added, “I did say I was a trained psychic.”

“You’re still a Pokemon,” he said, getting mad.

“Now think about that. We know there are Pokemon trained to speak the human language. However, to become fluent in that language, Pokemon often must sacrifice a good portion of their natural powers. If I were a Pokemon, in order to speak the language as a native speaker, I shouldn’t have the ability to tell who you really are over the telephone.” That did not take into account the advanced speaking box, but few people knew about that.

“You’ve got some trickery going on,” he muttered. “And I’ll prove it someday!” He hung up.

“Pbbbbbbt,” Ray blew a raspberry.

Sarah smiled. “That’s about what I think of that call too. Anyhow, shall we have a song to cheer everyone up after that troublemaker’s call? How about Combee Boogie?”

On the voice command, the computer would automatically bring up that song. After a chirp of approval from Ray, Sarah tapped the screen to play that song.

Castform D/P/P entry: Its appearance changes with the weather. Recently, its molecules were found to be just like water.

Espeon Fire Red entry: By reading air currents, it can predict things like the weather or its foe’s next move.

I haven't reviewed for THREE STORIES!?!?! Wow I need to catch up! OK the first one seemed OK. Nothing really seemed to stand out with Uxie. It needed some kind of twist or something. It was like a filler for something greater...Six Spirit perhaps? That would explain why you are not taking any requests...MOVING ON!
    I really enjoyed the Relicanth one. Hes chills back as a Legendary comes and goes but then his trainer says one little thing and BOOM! He acts like I did when I ate seafood. (don't ask...) Very good.
    The espeon/Castform one I really enjoyed. I can defiantly see that turning into a great fan fic. Oh that reminds me. If we see an an idea that we (as readers) really like could we take your one shot and expand it into a longer story? (with giving credit to you of course!) Waiting for Six Spirit and the Pichu one shot! until next time...may the writing be with you!.......I need to start my own story........
    *Warning! Warning!*

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast