Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Hey! Lovin' all the ones since I last posted.

It's ashame there isn't a turkey pokemon, because you could have used that for Thanksgiving =D, I suppose Lapras will have to do. I belive Mewtwo has already been done (the one with the Tauros and miltank) so I suggest something to do with the season, ie: an Ice-type. Regice or Articuno could be good (maybe you could tie it in with an Abomasnow or Castform entry, I've been meaning to request Abomasnow) there could be some sort of hilarity with Regice looking like some sort of christmas decoration, I don't know, that 's your job. XD
    3DS Name: James
    Friend Code: 4897-7143-5332
    Friend Safari: Poison (Gloom, Garbodor, Drapion)
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

Happy to help people find out what their safari is.
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Previously known as JammyU.

A Lapras entry? *wild applause*

I loved that Drapion's attitude. Also, the Poke Ball as a symbol of peace? You never cease to amaze me. IMO Articuno would be best for Christmas because of its mystical wintry aura thing.

Just out of curiosity, how dark would a guest entry be allowed to be?
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

It must stay within PG, which for me is nothing graphic and with cussing censored. The Nightmare Before Christmas was dark and still low-rated, so that's a fair gauge. And I need to approve it anyhow, so I'll point out anything that seems a bit much.

As for Mewtwo, he appeared, but since his entry didn't show, didn't really count. However, given that at least one entry mentions 'a savage heart', it'd be kind of tricky to fit him into Christmas. Regice or Articuno sound fairly good. And if you didn't notice, Abomasnow is next.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Why don't you try Delibird and Stantler with Articuno for Christmas?

I noticed a mistake in the Drapion entry.
    You put that the attack that Butterfree used was Stun Powder, but it's Stun Spore.
    Just a small thing, it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by MarshtompMan; 20th November 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

I'll like to see a chapter with a piplup, and a chimchar fighting with each other and getting trapped in the woods.

The image was WAY over the limit so it was removed. Please read the Signature Rules.

Abomasnow? XD I just can't see Abomasnow getting any spotlight, Ysavvryl, but then again...

You've written up something for Honchkrow, Drapion, and countless other Pokemon very well... (Spiritomb and Ditto need mention too...) so prove my opinons of Abomasnow wrong, if you'd please...

~Psy
    Pokemon Y
    4055-4543-2432
    Friend Safari: Fraxure, Dragonair, Sliggoo
    Dex 717/718
    Need Dex Entry for Keldeo!

And if you didn't notice, Abomasnow is next.
    No I didn't, woops. ^_^;

given that at least one entry mentions 'a savage heart', it'd be kind of tricky to fit him into Christmas.
    Maybe a Scrooge or Grinch spoof?

Well, I'm still voting for Regice. The Regis don't get enough attention and, in my opinion, they have the most interesting in-game backstory of any legendary.
    3DS Name: James
    Friend Code: 4897-7143-5332
    Friend Safari: Poison (Gloom, Garbodor, Drapion)
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

Happy to help people find out what their safari is.
    Palaeontologist and proud.
    Previously known as JammyU.

can you do a draikrai one?
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

Well, I tend to avoid legendaries in this thread, although guest writers can do whatever and I'm making an exception for Christmas. So far, it looks like Articuno is the preferred choice. BTW, I was trying to avoid using Stantler and Delibird as the obvious Christmas choices.

Also, while I take requests on the Pokemon, the stories are whatever I want to make of them. Like this story. I'm not sure where exactly this idea came from, although it was probably a Food Network show. And Kansas! And a certain famous Abominable Snowman.

If you didn't get a PM for this story, it's because I trimmed up the list.

In Process: Chikorita (male)
    On Deck: Feraligator
    Reserve: Lapras (11/26), Froslass (12/21), Articuno (12/24)

ABOMASNOW
    Pearl entry: It blankets wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards. It is also known as ‘The Ice Monster.’

The fairgrounds were busy, noisy, merry, and sticky. It was ninety-six degrees Fahrenheit and it should have felt more like a hundred and ten with the heat index where it was. But there was a breeze blowing through, either cold or warm depending on where one was. And, obstinately ignoring the heat advisory, the central part of the fairgrounds was snowing.

Fair goers came to the central walkway to escape the heat, but soon had to leave as it was too cool in that area to be wearing shorts and tank tops. Brave people who came to find out why it was snowing in the middle of August found an ice cream stand where the snow was managing to stick to the ground, at least for a few seconds. And at that ice cream stand, they found an Abomasnow.

It was highly unusual to find a mountain Pokemon in Kansas, so the stout, six foot high, furry Pokemon was gathering a lot of curious onlookers. He was quite friendly, smiling at all who passed by (and unwittingly showing off his large teeth) and patting the heads of kids who came up to him (even though his hands were often bigger than their heads). Even though his natural powers chilled the air noticeably for the humans, he was keeping under shade. Being out in the sun was too hot for him.

One mother walked by with her toddler. “Oh look, Mark, look at the nice, um...”

“Abomasnow,” the ice cream vendor said kindly. “His name is Mr. Bumble.”

She nodded in a way that showed that she had no idea what this Pokemon was, and didn’t care so long as he stayed nice. “Yes, Abomasnow. Isn’t he neat?”

Meaning well, he growled softly, “<Howdy kid.>”

The toddler, who’d been staring at Mr. Bumble with wide eyes, burst into tears and clutched his mother’s leg.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the mother said, although it wasn’t clear who she was apologizing to. She picked her son up and moved on.

Mr. Bumble looked down sadly and scuffed the ground with his feet. “<Aw, I scared another kid.>”

“It’s okay, buddy,” the ice cream vendor said. “People aren’t too familiar with your kind around here. How about we change the music?” She held up a CD case. “I’ve got the Bellsprout Boogie.”

The Abomasnow grinned. “<Sure, play that!>” Once the cheery music started, he started bopping his head to the rhythm.

“What kind of Pokemon is this guy?” a young teenager asked. A Zigzagoon was trying to hide behind his legs, keeping a wary eye on the larger Pokemon.

“An Abomasnow,” the vendor repeated. “I picked him up in Tibet. They call him the Ice Monster there, or the Abominable Snowman. But really, it’s an exaggeration. Mr. Bumble is very friendly.”

“<Howdy, little buddy,>” Bumble said to the Zigzagoon.

“<Uh, howdy?>” the Zigzagoon replied uncertainly.

“He’s awesome,” the teen said. “Do you want to battle?”

“<Against him?!>”

The ice cream vendor shook her head. “Sorry, can’t do that here.”

“Why not? It’s not against the fairground rules so long as we keep out of the main paths.”

“Yeah, but he’s making snow right now because he’s in a good mood. If we go into battle, he starts making hail. I don’t think the people around here would appreciate a hailstorm.”

“Oh I see. So what are you doing with him out here?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” the vendor asked, pointed at the sign above her head. “We’re making and selling fresh ice cream. Would you like a pint?”

“Fresh?” the boy said skeptically. “Anybody can say it’s fresh. You probably made it all yesterday.”

She shook her head. “Nope, we’re making it all today in small batches. It’ll take a little bit, but we make the best ice cream anywhere. What do you like?”

He looked over the list. “Chocolate walnut sounds good.”

“It’s four dollars for a pint.”

“That’s a bit much.”

“Super premium ice cream, made really fresh. It’d cost around five in stores due to taxes.”

“Alright.” He handed over the money.

She took the bills and put them in the register. “Good, then we begin with a cream base.” She dipped a measuring cup into the mixture and poured it into a white container. “I remake this every hour because of the milk and eggs.”

The teen leaned over the counter to watch. “Sure.”

“Then chocolate sauce.” She took a ladle and put a full scoop into the cream base. “And walnut oil, then the walnuts.” After drizzling the oil from a black flask, she tossed in two handfuls of nuts. Then she took a lid with a spiked bar and screwed it on tight. As she gave it a quick shake, she added, “Now the key to great ice cream is to chill it as quickly as you can while keeping it agitated. Mr. Bumble, your turn.” She tossed the container to her Abomasnow.

“<Okey-dokey!>” He caught the container, then began shaking it furiously. Using one of his Ice powers, he made the temperature in the container drop sharply. The air close to him grew colder too, making the teen shiver.

“You’ve got him trained to help you cook?” he asked.

“Just the cold items,” the vendor said. “He can do other things, make no mistake, but he seems to enjoy this best.”

After two minutes, Bumble tossed the container back. “<That one’s done.>”

The vendor spun the top off, then removed the inner lining. That went into a second paper container which she handed over to her customer. “There you are. And a spoon and napkin.” She passed over the two items.

“Thanks.” He took a taste of it, then looked at it in surprise. “Wow, that is really good.”

“That’s how we make it. Have a good day.”

“Right, you too.” The teen walked off with his Zigzagoon. The racoon Pokemon glanced back to make sure the Abomasnow wasn’t going to attack when their backs were turned, then trotted after his Trainer.

The ice cream vendor leaned on the counter. “Of course, we wouldn’t be making much money if you weren’t cooling the surrounding area down. It was nice of the organizers to give us that extra income.”

Mr. Bumble looked out as another kid began crying. He sighed. “<Now if only I wasn’t scaring the kids off, it’d be a great day.>”
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Ah i forgot to comment on the last one so sorry about that, anyway i come back to comment on it and find a new one

They were both good entries and its always nice to see what ideas you come up with for each pokemon. I can just imagine a group of kids getting scared by a friendly Abomasnow.

Anyway good work.

That was another excellent one, I loved the idea of it. Ice cream is epic win in my books, so Pokemon + Ice cream = Epic win. ^_^

You seem to be running low on requests again, so I'll ask for a Sudowoodo one please. That could be interesting. Hopefully you restore some of the glory it lost with the arrival of 4th gen. >_>

This was a great story.
    I loved the creativness of using an Abomasnow as an ice cream vendor.
    The little kids crying made me laugh a bit, also.
    Oh my jesus, I've been on this site for a year already...
    I think I deserve gifts. Like pie.

Wow, extremely interesting.
    This goes in my Top 5 favorite Pokedex one-shots.

I like to request odd matchups so can I request a Togepi/Flaafy one?

OMG, Abomasnow's like a clown! Because kids cry at clowns and their funny-looking makeup! XD

Anyway, nice job. The idea of a blizzard in Kansas is too Farfetch'd to be possible, but I absolutely love it. Keep up the awesome work!
    Last edited by SugarPesticide; 23rd November 2008 at 4:27 AM.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.

OMG, Abomasnow's like a clown! Because kids cry at clowns and their funny-looking makeup! XD
    Anyway, nice job. The idea of a blizzard in Kansas is too Farfetch'd to be possible, but I absolutely love it. Keep up the awesome work!
    You should try a Farfetch story.
    Oh my jesus, I've been on this site for a year already...
    I think I deserve gifts. Like pie.

A blizzard in Kansas isn't farfetched. I live in Missouri. Although, we tend to get ice storms more often than blizzards. Now a blizzard in the middle of August, that would take the power of Pokemon to manage.

You know what's weirder than a Togepi/Flaafy matchup? The fact that I saw that and thought, 'I know exactly what to do with that!' Yeah, so it might actually show up soon. And there's a huge chance that Chikorita and Feraligator will wind up in the same story.

I miss my Crystal game...

Can you do Cherubi for me on December 15th? Please?

I have an idea.
    Since Blissey is known as the Happiness Pokemon, why don't you do it on New Year's Eve, to represent happiness for the New Year?

Neat Abomasnow story. I liked the hailstorm bit.

Anyway, can I request a Lugia story? I rewatched movie 2000 yesterday and I really thought Lugia was downright awesome. Especially that song bit. The song is beautiful...
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

can you do a salamence shelgon and bagon one (drakrai was for x-mas}
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

I'll put Cherubi on the request list, but it'll show up when it shows up, with no reason to put it on reserve. As for Blissey on New Year's Eve, that's got a sound reason to it. And Lugia is neat, but it'll need several requests for me to consider it; Darkrai, having got about three (I think) is likelier to show up as my second legendary.

Although Mewtwo has gotten some mention, I've got a little project I'm working on called 'The Ballad of Deoxys and Mewtwo', so neither of them are likely to show here for a while. It's not actually a ballad, but it is pretty silly.

The Chikorita/Feraligator entry is alarmingly cute; it'll show on Friday or Saturday. The request list has gotten long again, so I'd advise against new requests. And now for the actual Thanksgiving entry!

Completed: Chikorita/Feraligator
    In Process: Flaafy/Togepi
    On Deck: Sudowoodo, Farfetch'd, Cherubi, Salamence family
    Reserve: Froslass (12/21), Articuno (12/24), Blissey (12/31)

LAPRAS
    Emerald entry: People have driven Lapras almost to the point of extinction. In the evenings, it is said to sing plaintively as it seeks what few others of its kind still remain.

Riding on the energy of the storm, the waves crashed into the rocky isle, sounding as loud as the thunder that roared overhead. The mix of near total darkness and sudden flashes of noon-like light was disorienting and nightmarish. It was dangerous even for sea Pokemon; they hid in crevices and caves. It was particularly frightening to a newly born Lapras, who huddled close to his mother.

He shuddered as a particularly vibrant stroke of thunder echoed across the sea. It would take a few months for him to reach full size, so he looked up to her. “<Does this happen every night?>”

She leaned down and touched his head with hers. “<No dear, it just happened to storm tonight. We’ll be fine.>”

He looked down at the cave entrance they had swam through just twenty minutes earlier, when the waves were starting to get rough. It seemed like those waves were gathering up enough strength to come up and knock them off their ledge. And while he had liked swimming before, he didn’t like to looks of the sea now. He crept back away from the edge. “<Okay.>”

“<I know it can be scary,>” she said in a soothing voice. “<But think on nice things and ignore the storm. Sometimes I like to think of things that I’m thankful for, like having a life of freedom, having good health, or being in the clean seas. And I’m thankful to have you with me now.>”

He smiled weakly, still afraid of the storm. “<I’m thankful you’re with me too. And I’m thankful those hunters didn’t catch us.>”

She nodded. “<I agree. I’m not sure what they do with us when we’re caught. All I know is that I’ve not seen anyone else like us in a long time. All my friends disappeared with the hunters and I’ve never seen them again.>”

“<Maybe they’d eat us like the Sharpedos.>”

“<I wouldn’t know. They could have the others working elsewhere.>” She shook her head sadly. “<Still, I wish they had never gone away.>”

A lightning bolt struck awfully close to their cavern hideout, making the young Lapras shudder again.

“<But we need to think on nice things,>” the mother said. “<Let’s work on your singing.>”

“<In this storm?>”

“<A Lapras of true heart can sing anywhere, at any time. Give it a try.>”

The two of them practiced singing until the storm had subsided enough for the young one to go to sleep.

-+-

The next morning, the young Lapras swam along the island’s beach, finding all sorts of items that had been washed ashore. There were a lots of shells, rocks, seaweed, an empty Pokeball, a net, broken pieces of wood, and an unconscious human. He sniffed the human’s face and felt a warm breath. “<Mother, it’s one of those hunters!>”

She came up and examined his clothes. “<I believe it is one of them. His boat must have been caught up in the storm last night.>”

He looked over the human more closely. He didn’t seem so scary lying down like this. “<What do we do with him?>”

“<Take him back to his village, that’s what we’re going to do.>”

“<Take him home? But why are we helping him when he wants to catch us, and maybe eat us?>”

“<Because that’s the right thing to do.>” She crawled up to the beach, then picked the man up and put him across her back. “<We don’t know exactly what they hunt us for and we are a noble race. Therefore, we help those who need it.>”

“<What if he’s trying to trick us?>”

“<I doubt that. Make sure he’s not going to slip, all right?>”

The young one nudged the man until he seemed more stable. “<Okay, I think that’ll work.>”

“<Good, then let’s go.>” She returned to the water. “<They can’t survive out here as easily as we can.>”

They swam across the waters to a place the mother knew about, a place where humans lived. It was a seaside village of simple wooden houses and fishermen. The fishing boats were gone already, but a few local children were playing on the docks when the two Lapras swam up. “What kinda Pokemon are those?” a young boy asked.

“Those are Lapras,” his older brother told him. “You don’t see them come up here much, especially not a couple of wild ones.”

“Hey, they got somebody!” another boy called. “Is he alive?”

The sea hunter had come around to his senses, just barely. “Am I alive?” he echoed. He turned to the young Lapras with a bewildered look.

“<I’m pretty sure you are,>” he replied with a coo. He tapped the hunter with his nose.

“Come on, mister,” one of the boys said as he leaned over to help him onto the dock. “You guys go get Doc.”

Once on the dock, the sea hunter patted the mother Lapras’ head. “Thank you, lady. Although, I’m not sure why you’d want to help someone like me.”

She bowed her head. “<Kindness should never be a missed chance. Good luck to you.>” Then she nudged her son back towards the sea. “<We’ve done what we can. Let’s go.>”

Not wanting to get separated from his mother, he nodded. “<Okay.>” And they left to travel the seas together.

Great story.
    At first, I was skeptical about a Lapras for Thanksgiving, but I liked how you put in the mother being thankful about stuff.
    Was the town you talked about Pacifidlog?
    And I don't know why, but I just started laughing when I read about all the random things on the beach, then an unconscious human.

P.S. I second the Lugia request.
    Last edited by MarshtompMan; 27th November 2008 at 5:18 AM.

Firstly, I'll be against the Lugia request. ^_^

Secondly, that was a sweet story. I have no idea about Thanksgiving, but I'm sure you captured whatever it is you wanted captured with that one. ^_^

Lapras! =D I absolutely loved how sweet and calm and grateful you made them, even when things look bleak. Mega kudos. ^_^

I'll third the Lugia request. It'll be interesting to see whether or not it's violent. ^^

A violent Lugia? Doesn't its entries paint it a different color? I might go check that. But I'm sticking to writing Articuno first.

I had a story written about a cute Chikorita... it was male, honest, but he still was super cute. I even named him after my Chikorita, Basil. But then in a weird mess of Serebii not letting me post and my own computer's weird habits, I lost the story. Ack! So now I gotta go rewrite it. It might be a couple of days, though; I've been busy.

Anyhow, a guest entry should be up soon. darkdragontamer has written a very nice story, although, you might want to avoid reading it at night. Spooky...

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast