Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

I know, I'm late for Earth Day. Still, I completed the theme story. I like this Pokemon character!

In Process: Seedot/Wailmer
    On Deck: Missingno, Togekiss, Doduo/Arceus
    Reserve:

ODDISH

The normal quiet of the lab was abruptly shattered one afternoon when the front door banged open. “Professor Arboreal!” called the young boy who had entered. He wore a yellow school bag, dark green school uniform, and dirty shoes. “I’m here!”

“Yes, yes, that’s quite obvious,” a woman’s voice replied, followed by a chuckle at his enthusiasm. The middle-aged woman with long black hair came out of her office and into the front lobby. “Good afternoon, Stan. How was school today?”

“Alright, I guess. We had a spelling test. So do I get to have a starter Pokemon and Pokedex now?”

She shook her head. “Sorry, but I can’t give you those until the end of the semester. You must finish the school term before you can become one of my field assistants.”

His excitement died down some as he stilled. “Oh. Well then why’d you ask me to come in today? Did I not qualify or something?”

“No, you’re doing fine so far. The truth is, I’ve had a friend of mine send out some prototypes that need testing. I’ve used one myself, but we need a variety of people to try them out. Would you like to test out a device that translates the language Pokemon speak?”

Stan’s eyes widened. “What, really? Of course I’d love to try it out! Thank you so much professor!”

She smiled. “You’re welcome. But remember, I’m only lending this to you for now. There aren’t many of these prototypes out, so you need to be extra careful about not breaking it.”

“I promise, I’ll be careful. Where is it?”

“Come over here.” She brought him to a work table where the prototype was sitting. It looked like a white headband with three wires coming off it. On two, there were curved speakers that hung behind the ear, with the audio coming from a small pad. Attached to the third longer wire was a white box that had a slip for attaching to a pocket or belt loop. “We should be able to adjust this to fit over your head. This box here holds the batteries, so keep track of the charge level.”

Holding still, Stan let her adjust the band to his head. “It’s kind of heavy.”

“Yes, but it’s a prototype. The working device should be lighter, but we’re not sure. It can’t rely solely on vocals, you see. Pokemon have a variety of signals to communicate, which is why only highly attentive and trained psychics have been able to understand them so far. There, that should do it. The power switch is on the box. It should work on any Pokemon, but you probably ought to speak to those you know well.”

“Right, but I think I know who I want to talk to first. Thanks again.” Stan ran out of the lab.

“Be sure to give me a good report on it!” the professor called as he did so.

Right, he should do that. But reports on such things were soon out of his mind as he thought of all he could do with a device like this. He could get Pokemon friendly to him fast if he knew what their complaints were, and get them to be more obedient and loyal. He could be a detective, interviewing Pokemon witnesses when no one else could. Or he could find and talk with one of the legendary Pokemon and become someone really special. This could be awesome.

But first, he had wished that very morning that he had something he could understand Pokemon with. He headed back for school, but stopped at the town library. Sitting on the steps there was an Oddish, a Grass Pokemon with a blue body, small feet, and dark green leaves. This wasn’t so strange, as he saw them hanging around some days. What was strange about this one was that it was playing the harmonica.

It had a little tin harmonica that was painted bright green. Using one large leaf to hold the harmonica and two smaller ones to affect the notes, it was still there, playing its instrument. Pokemon talented like this were very rare, but it had resisted being captured by any other kid in town. With this listening device, he might be able to convince it to be his Pokemon.

“Hey Oddish, look at this!” Stan said, pointing to the headband. “The professor says that I can understand Pokemon like you with it.”

It pulled away its harmonica and looked up at him. “Cool, man,” it said. “That could make you real hip with folks.”

Although the words came to his ears clearly, Stan was startled. For some reason, the translator had set this little Pokemon’s voice as a deep gravely man’s voice. He wasn’t sure why. He’d have to tell the professor about that problem. “Yeah. But there’s been this thing bugging me all day and that’s, why are you playing the harmonica? When’d you learn to do that, and how? It’s weird.”

“Music is my passion. Always been, always will be.” He flicked his leaves back. “Some squares think they’ll catch me and make me battle, but that ain’t my groove. I don’t care if I stay as little ol’ Oddish forever, I will be a cool cat musician, see? And I’ll always be a free bird, never taking no money for myself or any punk that would try controlling me. You can’t control passion, or music.”

Either the translation device was put at a really odd setting or this was just an odd Pokemon. “I guess not,” Stan replied. He gave up on the idea of catching the Oddish for now and just sat on the stairs with him. “So how did you learn to play?”

“It was destiny, man. On the day I was hatched, I found this little honey discarded on the side of the route. So I picked it up and played with it, as any new ‘mon would, and eventually blew my first note with it. It was a bad one, but that was my first kiss with music and I never looked back. I listened to human music and I practiced my green heart out until I got to be as good as I am. I take my little honey everywhere I go; she’s like my soulmate.” He curled his leaf around the harmonica, smiling.

“Oh, I see. But it sounded like you were playing sad music earlier.”

The Oddish nodded. “That’s right. I’m playing the blues.”

“Why?”

“Cause I’m feeling blue right now.” His leaves drooped at the thought.

“What’s the matter?”

“Normally I’d say it was none of your business, cause you ain’t like me. But I got a good feeling about you. You’re not quite as cool of a cat as me, but you’re good. Anyhow, I should be holed up in the dirt right now, snoozing the day away. But I can’t. The dirt around here seems real nice too, rich and hearty. But there’s this wicked poison scent everywhere that I don’t trust.”

Stan crossed his arms over his knees. “Aren’t you a Poison type?”

The Oddish swung his little feet off the step. “I am, but there’s my poison and then there’s that poison. It’s everywhere lately. My poison is stuff I make myself, to keep the birds from taking a chomp outta my leaves. This poison came from humans like you. I don’t know what it is, but it’s not good. Me and some buddies were bushed from our nightly walks a while back and we slept in the soil despite the rotten scent. For me, I got woke up midday by some idjit Ratatta that tried to steal my baby.” He clenched his harmonica again, but defensively. “I felt off-color and sick. My buddies didn’t wake up and got all yellow leafed.”

“So they died?” Stan shuddered. “That’s terrible.”

“It is. So I play the blues now, saying goodbye to my buddies and trying to warn any others I run across to not sleep in soil that stinks. But I’m suffering for it now, see? Look at ‘em.” He spread his leaves.

“They’re dark and dull,” he said, gently rubbing one. It was like a tree leaf. However, he couldn’t tell what was wrong with that.

“Exactly,” the Oddish said. “I should have a nice glossy set of leaves to show off to the ladies, but I’ve been sleeping above ground and not getting my proper eats from the soil. But this dirt still has that awful stink, so I can’t sleep there. It’s bad. I’ll be trying to walk further away tonight, to get out of this stuff. Maybe I’ll keep away from the towns and farms.”

“The farms? But wouldn’t they have good soil?”

“They do, but they also reek the worst! Like last night, I tried cutting across a bean field out there, but I was gagging just walking there. But look, you understand me now. Can you find out what they’re doing over there and tell those squares to cut it out? I’m gonna have to leave this area permanently if it sticks, which I won’t like. All my favorite spots are on my usual traveling path.”

Stan got up. “I’ll see if I can do that. Oh, and we can talk to the professor if you want. I think she said she has another of these. She’s really smart and might know what’s going on.”

In response, the Oddish got up and hopped down the steps. “Sure thing. Just remember, I’m a lone wolf and I won’t be captured.”

“I’m sure she’ll understand that. Come on.”

As it turned out, the farmers were using a new pesticide on their fields. It took a long while to convince them that it was working too well and affecting the wild Pokemon. But the professor managed it and government officials made an effort to clean up the pesticides that had been sprayed. And when Stan next encountered the Oddish with the harmonica, he was no longer playing the blues.

Ruby entry: During the daytime, Oddish buries itself in the soil to absorb nutrients from the ground using its entire body. The more fertile the soil, the glossier its leaves become.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Hey, I've read plenty of the stories, and they're awesome! I have a request; how about a Machamp and Roselia fic? I'd like to see where that ends up.

hey, can I request 2 things?

1: be on PM list.

2: a sandslash story. sandslash has been tied for my favorite pokemon, along with dragonite. this became especially true when the first wild pokemon I found in XD was a shiny sandshrew, though I didn't know it was shiny. I trained it anyway.
    black FC: 3181-7674-9043

is my favorite pokemon. Gamefreak should really give it a signature or exclusive move. after all, it is the first dragon.

Yay! Go blues!..... That communication device idea has a lot of story potential and can spring hundreds of comedy's. Anyways I was just thinking of how to make things harde- I mean more challenging. Can we request a comedy or a romance or a horror story as well as Pokemon? Like for example I want a Legendary Hero story about a metapod. Take that one on for size!
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

Sorry, I won't take those genre requests. I've got quite a few writing projects right now, see... and I got Metapod already.

Seedot hits the fifty percent mark for the Hoenn region!

In Process: Missingno
    On Deck: Togekiss, Doduo/Arceus, Machamp/Roselia, Sandslash
    Reserve: Chimecho (Mother's Day)

SEEDOT AND WAILMER

Now most Seedots were known to be quiet and peaceable creatures. Some farmers found them to be pests, as they attached themselves to trees and sapped the energy from them. However, the Seedots themselves never killed a tree and would often protect the ones they lived near from harm.

But there was one Seedot that was a lot of trouble. This little guy seemed to have watched too many cartoons, as he found amusement in hurting others. Along with battling regularly, this Pokemon liked to find tress with branches that overhung sidewalks and other paths. He would position himself above the path, hidden by the leaves, and wait with is kind’s signature patience. When someone would walk underneath him, he would quickly detach himself and drop onto the head of the unwary pedestrian. He got the nickname Drops by doing this regularly.

At first, it wasn’t much of a problem. Drops started out small and light, doing little more than startling his victims. As he grew older, he grew bigger and heavier. People started getting lumps on their heads from the Seedot’s antics. They began to worry that soon someone would have to be hospitalized, or maybe even killed. But being humans, most couldn’t tell one Seedot from the next. There was talk of removing all of the Seedots from the area.

Of course, the other Seedots didn’t like this idea. There were many grand and strong trees along the Route and in the nearby town. They gathered among the bushes to discuss the issue. “Drops is giving us all a bad name,” one said angrily. “Some of the humans think all of us are in on it. We have to do something!”

“But what can we do? I’ve tried talking to him and he doesn’t want to listen. He said I was trying to ruin all his fun and doesn’t realize that he could kill somebody by hitting their head.”

“We could get him captured.”

“He teases the Trainers so much. He gets in a battle and pretends like he’s going to come along, but then always breaks out of the Pokeball at the last minute and runs away. I don’t think he wants to be caught, so we’re stuck with him.”

“Maybe we can scare him into behaving,” one suggested. “I heard that there’s a big Pokemon staying in town this week. We could get the big one to make him stop.”

“How can we get a big Pokemon to listen to us?”

The Seedots argued some more amongst themselves, but no one had come up with any better ideas. They had been trying for many days now, so all the good plans seemed to have failed. Since her idea seemed to be the only new one, the Seedot went off to find the big Pokemon. While they might be scary, she had heard that bigger Pokemon were often just as friendly as the smaller ones.

After asking some of the pet Pokemon that lived in yards and houses, she found out that the large visitor was in the larger of the two town ponds. The Seedot went over and looked in the water, but couldn’t see if any strangers were down in the dark waters. Reaching out with her foot, she tapped the surface. “Excuse me? I’d like to talk to a particular Pokemon, one who’s just visiting this pond. Please?”

There was a ripple on the surface of the water, so the Seedot waited. Then, a rush of blue leapt out of the water and landed on the shore beside her. The Pokemon was enormous to her eyes, taller than a human and completely round. Moving its few small fins, it rolled a bit until its black eyes were aimed downward, where she was. “Oh, hello!,” the Pokemon said in a feminine voice. “Nice to get a request to be seen. I’m known as Lady Aquis Serenade, but you can just call me Aquis.”

The Seedot smiled, trying not to be nervous. “Hi Aquis. I’m just a wild Pokemon and haven’t got a nickname yet. But I came to ask you about something.”

“Why certainly. Ask away. I can teach you to completely dazzle a whole audience; you’re unpolished right now, but you might just be something.”

“It’s not about that, sorry. I’ve got this troublesome neighboring Seedot that’s causing lots of problems. See, he likes to drop onto people’s heads as they pass by. He might even hit your Coordinator.” She had to switch words from Trainer at the last moment; thus far, it seemed like Aquis was competing in Pokemon Contests and those Pokemon could get quite irritated if not recognized as such.

“Oh dear, that could be a problem.”

“Yes. So far he’s just been giving people nasty lumps, but he’s growing bigger and could really hurt somebody soon. But we can’t talk sense into Drops. I want to scare him good. Do you think you could help, Aquis?”

“Hmm.” She rolled back a bit, then forward to make eye contact again. “So he likes to drop on people’s heads?”

“Uh-huh. Attaches himself to branches right over paths and aims himself every time. It’s never an accident. I always hang from branches that are away from paths.”

“Normally I’m not trying to scare people. But it is a part of stage life, to be able to evoke any emotion you need from an audience. This could be quite the interesting performance. Okay, I have an idea. I need you to get a few of your friends together and tell him something.”

That afternoon, Drops was hanging over the human walkways as normal. The tree branch bent under his weight and struggled to hold onto him. However, the Seedot wasn’t concerned about the tree. He watched the pathway, waiting for some unsuspecting human to walk under him. They always came by, so he just had to be patient.

Instead, another Seedot walked underneath the tree. “Hi Drops,” she said. The leaf on top of her stem twitched nervously.

If she would just walk under him, he would give her reason to be nervous. “What do you want, no name stuck-up? Are you trying to tell me to be ‘good’ again?”

“Um, not really. See, there’s been too many bad Pokemon in the world, so the sky is going to break apart and fall on top of all of us.”

Drops started at her, then laughed. “That? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard! The sky can’t fall down.”

“It’s supposed to. I’m getting to a safer place. You might want to get out of that tree.” she scurried off into the forest underbrush.

“Bah,” he grumbled. Then he kept waiting.

After a few minutes, another Seedot came by. “Hey Drops, did you hear? The sky is going to break apart and fall on top of us. And it’s all because of dumb Pokemon like you!”

“Do you believe that stupid story?” Drops asked with a hiss. “The sky can’t do that. You’re all a bunch of paranoid idiots.”

“Suit yourself, if you want to be crushed.” He went into the undergrowth as well.

Over the next few moments, he heard from three other Seedots that the sky was going to break apart and fall down. It seemed ludicrous, but why were so many of his kind believing it? How could they all be so stupid? Unless… unless there was truth to it. He looked up at the sky, but it didn’t show any signs of moving.

“Hey Drops!” another Seedot called out, angrily. “Thanks a lot! You helped to destroy the world!”

“I did not!” he called back, looking down at him. “This whole rumor about the sky falling down is ridiculous. And what have I done to help ‘destroy the world’?” He spoke the last bit with a sneer.

“You’ve hurt so many people in your selfish antics and…” he stopped, then widened his eyes. “Oh my…” he scurried away.

Drops looked up in time to see a large blue… thing come falling down from above. The… the sky was really falling! Frantic, he dropped out of the tree and tried to scurry away. But it wasn’t quite fast enough. Lady Aquis Serenade dropped right on top of him with a flourish of her fins, then bounced away like some giant bouncy ball. Drops was left with his face squashed into the dirt path.

After a second, the other Seedots came out of their hiding places. Aquis rolled back over, careful not to run anyone over. The youngest Seedot crouched down by Drops. “Did you squish him to death?”

“I should hope not,” Aquis said, tilting herself down so she could see the smaller Pokemon. “It’s all water weight to make my bounces more effective, though, so it might have been a bit much.”

An older Seedot examined him, then nudged him out of the dent he had made in dropping. “He’s alive, just unconscious. You might want to move away before he wakes back up, Aquis.”

“Sure enough. I hope this helped you.” She rolled away down the path back to the pond she was staying in.

They waited a while until Drops woke back up. “What happened to you?” one asked. “Someone get mad at you for dropping on top of them?”

“Huh?” His mind cleared, then his eyes widened in panic. “No, you guys were right! The sky really is falling!”

Going by the original plan, they all gave him quizzical looks. “How can the sky fall down?” the youngest one asked. “The sky is always up.”

“But it broke off a piece and dropped it right on top of me!” he insisted. “You guys said it was because…” he stopped as he recalled the reason given, because bad Pokemon like himself were hurting people. But he didn’t want to admit that just yet. “We’ve got to warn everybody! This threat is real.” Drops then ran off into the forest, telling any Pokemon he met that the sky was going to completely break apart and fall down.

While no one is sure what ultimately happened to Drops, no pedestrians got hit by a falling Seedot for many years after. On the other hand, Lady Aquis Serenade continued on her magnificent career, eventually becoming one of the most beloved Pokemon actresses. And she had a female Seedot as a stage partner and best friend.

Seedot Emerald entry: It hangs off branches and absorbs nutrients. When it finishes eating, its body becomes so heavy that it drops to the ground with a thump.

Sapphire entry: Wailmer can store water inside its body to transform itself into a ball for bouncing around on the ground. By filling itself with more water, this Pokemon can elevate the height of its bounces.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Yay! You incorporated them into the same story! I thought that would be impossibel... /:

Anyways, now I've gotten my request, I'm gonna make you do more work! A Roselia and Carnivine entry, please!
    X:

Roselia's just been requested with Machamp. And oddball pairs aren't impossible, just improbable. Like this pair. Very improbable, but apparently a lot of fun together!

Chatot hits the fifty percent mark for Sinnoh! Now I gotta make sure I keep in gear and maintain my fifty percent range when Black and White 'dex entries become available...

In Process: Togekiss
    On Deck: Doduo/Arceus, Machamp/Roselia, Sandslash, Carvinine
    Reserve: Chimecho (Mother's Day)

MISSINGNO AND CHATOT

I was first called into a stone room, lit by torches. There was a great howling wind and constant patter of raindrops on a glass window. Every now and then, the air was broken by a clamorous burst of thunder. There were many computers around us, me and the one who had brought me to life.

He was a strange man; somehow I knew that even before I knew anyone else. He had gray and white hair that was all bushy and disorganized. Wearing black rimmed glasses, he did not seem old, but the dark circles under his eyes showed that he worked long. His pale skin showed that he worked long without seeing the sun. And he was looking over me with a wide toothy grin.

As for me… I’m still not sure what I am. I’m almost twice the height of my creator and I didn’t fit into the room with the nine foot ceiling well. I’ve never really had much of a substantial look. I’m a sort of black and white speckled mess kind of shaped like a lowercase ‘d’, if that makes any sense. And at certain parts, you can see right through me.

My creator finally spoke by saying, “Igor, do you see this? We’ve done it!”

There was a squawk from somewhere, followed by a “Yes Master!”

“We have created an entirely new Pokemon simply by manipulating the Pokeball!” He then broke into this maniacal crazed laughter that did startle me at first.

I backed off and looked around. “<Igor?>”

Off to the side, I finally spotted Igor. He was a small bird Pokemon at one foot high, with black and blue plumage. His head was topped off with a crest shaped like a musical note. Whistling, he replied, “<What?>”

“<Is, um, this normal?>”

The bird nodded. “<Yup. Give it eight… seven… six…>” I noticed that his black tail was twitching out in time with his counting backwards.

On the twitch after one, the door burst open. There was a large woman there wearing a baggy blue dress. “Craig!”

He stopped laughing. “Mrs. Pedrow, what is it now?”

“Would you cut out that stormy soundtrack and that idiotic laughter? You’re disrupting the band upstairs.”

“But it’s for atmosphere…” he complained.

“No buts. And what’s with that silly wig you’ve got on?”

Sighing, he took off the gray hair, revealing that he actually was a dark blond guy. “I’m just getting into character. Fine.” He went over to one of the computers and shut off the music program. At that point, I could hear a mariachi band playing upstairs. Now I have nothing against mariachi music, but I will agree with Craig that it wasn’t exactly appropriate to the occasion.

Over on his perch, Igor cawed softly. “<Mrs. Pedrow never fails to interrupt our coolest moments. But what can we do? She’s the landlady.>”

“And what, pray tell, is that?” the landlady asked, giving me a suspicious look. “I don’t mind your Chatot, but that is… is that a Pokemon?”

“Yes it is!” Craig said, spinning around and standing up straighter. A proud gleam was in his eyes. “This is the result of my latest experiment. Now the Pokeball stores Pokemon as electronic data, right? And people have made Porygon with purely electronic data. So I hacked into the Pokeball’s programming and figured out how it categorizes the Pokemon it captures. By manipulating those numbers, I have managed to fool the Pokeball into think it held an entirely new Pokemon. And when I released it, I got one! Isn’t it magnificent?”

She didn’t look as impressed. “What is it?”

“Uhhh…” he stalled out for a moment. “To be frank, I don’t know. But I aim to study it.”

“<What’s he mean by he wants to study me?>” I asked Igor.

“<Oh, it’s no big deal,>” he reassured me. “<He’ll want to see what you can do and what you’re like. He might have a few screws loose, but he’s a pretty cool guy.>”

“<I see.>”

“<He’ll take good care of you, like me. He teaches me stuff, like things to say. Wanna hear my favorite?>” He fluttered his wings and said, “I want your brains!” After he settled down, he added, “<Cool, huh?>”

Mrs. Pedrow was leaning on the doorframe now. “So what are you going to call it, Mr. Big Shot Scientist? You’re going to have to use something for your papers, if you even write those.”

“I will!” Craig insisted, his ears turning red in embarrassment. “I’m calling it the missing numbers experiment, so I’ll just call it Missingno.”

“Well it’d better not be destructive,” the landlady said, then left us alone.

On seeing that, I knew I wanted to help Craig. He did create me from nothing, after all. As it turned out, I didn’t have to do much for the actual study. Craig did most of the work, examining what I was doing and what the Pokeball said about me. Igor fluttered about with us. Apparently he’s Craig’s assistant, but he doesn’t do much beyond saying ‘Yes Master’ and occasionally fetching some small item when the scientist is busy. But he seems proud of his position, so I never really tease him about it.

Early on, he brought me out to a place by the main highway. It weighed large trucks, but Craig talked them into weighing me in an off moment. “The Pokeball says that she’s thirty-five hundred pounds,” he told the station manager. “But she’s a Normal and Flying type, so I can’t easily confirm this.”

“That thing weighs over a ton?” the manager said, looking at me. “She doesn’t look like much.”

“That’s what the data says. I’m not sure what it means, so I just want a confirmation.”

The manager thought, then added, “Well the weighing plate does use electrical currents to help with accuracy. Won’t that hurt her?”

Craig shook his head. “No. Even accounting for the fact that we’ll be using Roost, her weakness chart comes up identical to a straight Normal Pokemon. I’m not sure why, unless it’s some unknown ability that I haven’t identified yet.”

“<Lucky you,>” Igor said sarcastically. “<You don’t get hurt as bad by stuff that really hurts me.> He paused, then yelled down at a passing worker, “I want your brains!”

The worker jumped at that, then stared at the Chatot. He was chuckling to himself while hopping along a wire.

“We don’t have any trucks in at the moment, so let’s give it a go,” the manager said. “Have her land over in the marked area.”

Nodding, Craig came over to me. “Okay Missingno, you heard that. Go into that marked off area and use Roost.”

“We’re ready,” the manager called.

Now I don’t have a normal body like they do, being without a definable head. And for some reason, I’ve never managed to make an audible sound. I can communicate with other Pokemon just fine with some form of telepathy, but not humans. So I floated over to the marked area and used the resting skill to land on the ground.

My form condensed then so instead of a scattered mess, I became a concentrated mass. The weighing plate reacted to that. “Your data’s right!” the manager called out. “3501.4 pounds.”

“<Yowch,>” Igor said, flying over near me. “<I hope you’re not sensitive about your weight like most chicks.>”

“<Should I be?>” I asked him.

“<If you want. Just tell me so I don’t make any fat jokes around you.>”

“<Well I think we decided that I’m only female because the data says so,>” I told him as I floated back off the weighing plate. “<If the data says that I should weigh that much, it is no problem.>”

But then what am I? Craig tried getting a tissue sample off me once. That was quite the ordeal. All the little black and white bits that make up my body, more or less, keep moving around constantly. They seem to pick up speed and randomness when I’m nervous or agitated. And having heard that he meant to take a scraping of the material making up my body, I had been quite nervous. Then Igor has squawked something about being calm and I fainted.

That is a problem I’ve been having. Apparently most Pokemon fight each other to get stronger. Craig has tried to battle me against other novice Pokemon. But every time he brings me out in battle, I get so nervous that my body becomes a blur and I faint before either me or my opponent can do anything. We thought maybe I should try taking Contest classes to build up my courage. But no, those make me faint too.

I was worried for a while that this meant that I was unnatural and that Craig should have never made me. But he seemed to notice my worry and told me it was okay. As I was alive and it was obvious that I was thinking and communicating with others, I deserved a chance to live like any other. He just wants to know what I am and what about the Pokeball’s technology made me this way.

On the other hand, Igor joked about everything, teasing me that someday the townsfolk would come for us with torches and pitchforks, like every other mad scientist, mad assistant, and mad scientist’s experiment ever. But I know that he’s my friend too. If other Pokemon ever tried to hassle me, he would intervene before I got worked up enough to faint again. He just says to make sure that I’m still floating before I faint, or else I’ll collapse onto somebody and crush them to death. I hope he’s just exaggerating about that.

Well they never came after us with torches and pitchforks. But one day, the police came to Craig’s apartment. The guy who lives above us, the one in the mariachi band, he complained that we were a public nuisance. They eventually decided that Craig’s experiments were dangerous, immoral, and illegal. With that, they arrested him and confiscated both me and Igor.

So here I am in a prison cell of my own. They don’t know what I can do or what I am, so they decided to be safe and hold me here. Still, I miss Craig and Igor. I want to protect them, even if I’m not very good at it. But on looking around, I think I can break the bars holding me in. If I hold onto them and use Roost, I’m pretty sure I can crush them. I won’t be able to fight the guard Pokemon, but if I can locate Igor, we might be able to get out and figure out where they’re holding Craig. I’m sure the Chatot is around. I hear him taunting the guards every now and then from down the hall.

I’m not too sure this will work, though. If I make a mistake, I’ll just faint and be recaptured. But I want to try, for my friends… family, sort of. I got worried that I might be destroyed if I fail, so I wrote down this short record. That way, I’ve left something of me behind to prove that I existed.

I’m going to try breaking out of jail now. Wish me luck.

Missingno/?????????? Emerald entry: This is a newly discovered Pokemon. It is currently under investigation. No detailed information is available at this time.

Chatot Pearl entry: It keeps rhythm by flicking its tail feathers like a metronome. It imitates human speech.

GOOD LUCK, MISSINGNO.!

Good story. Very good story. I like how you incorporated Missingno.'s height and weight.

And please tell me that you will someday do a sequel to this, where Missingno. successfully breaks out of jail and learns to battle with confidence. That would be *bleep*ing epic!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Wow. These are pretty good. You're using the Pokedex entries as a basis, but then expanding them into their own little stories. I particularly enjoyed the Torchic one (d'awww), but the Wurmple, Dustox and Beautifly one was pretty cute as well. Not to mention the Cocoons.

Ooh. Now then, could I request the pair from Gen III that are the only ones related to those from an older generation- namely Azurill and Wynaut? I imagine them being a cute little pairing. Of course, this is only just if you don't have too much on your plate already.
    Last edited by Wordy; 3rd May 2010 at 6:18 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

I loved Chatot here "I want your brains!" and how you used him with Missingno. Missingno. of all things! (I can't wait for Missingno. Master to see this)
    X:

Yeah, the Missingno one rocked. Just imagining a Chatot saying "I want your braaaains"
    made me spasm with laughter. I also like how you corporated a gender into Missingno--I hope she lives happily ever after at the end.
    I agree, a sequel would be pretty epic. Keep up the work, Ysaavryl! You have a fan in me!
    Hacks are Pokemon too. If you believe hacks are Pokemon and don't deserve to be shunned because of what they are copy and paste this in your signature. Started by The_Shuppeteer_.

Ash: "Hey Pikachu, what happened? I ran to go take a piss and Mewtwo and Mew attacked me."

Misty: So that was what you were doing??!

--Quote from Pokemons the Abridged Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    GOOD LUCK, MISSINGNO.!
    Agreed. GOGOGO!

I loved the description of Missingno. It worked really well in my opinion!
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Drifblim25 View Post
    I loved Chatot here "I want your brains!" and how you used him with Missingno. Missingno. of all things! (I can't wait for Missingno. Master to see this)
    Look two posts above yours.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Might I request a Rapidash/Luxray one? Please and thank you!
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

Hmm i expected something more for missingno... must have been a glitch.... I cant wait until you post the REAL missingno story....unless I glitched.....i hope you glitched and not me.... (forgive me I just dragged dialga out of time and I am not in a good mood....) Anyways... I liked the seedot one. I just wish it was a whalord... now THAT would be a good one... Until next time- (time vortex opens up) OH NO NOT AGAIN (I jump in as a small pichu falls out) "WOW! I just time traveled. I should get a cool name for that! i think I will be called Timetraveler: Pichu!!! Huh? Whats this? oh no I'm far into the future..." (the pichu steps on a thunderstone: Evolution is immediate) "OK now my name just looks silly now that I'm a pikachu..." And that is how I came to be.... (I do weird things when I'm reviewing... I should write a story and get this junk out of my head.....)
    2012 is coming weather the world will end or not the question is the same... Do You Have A Plan?
    *Warning! Warning!*
    I pretend to be a time-traveling Pikachu when posting, however I will lower my act every once in a while. Please do not try to trip me up or explain how its stupid.

Timetraveler Pikachu? Are you okay?

And could I request a Gliscor/Uxie if it hasn't already been done?
    Hacks are Pokemon too. If you believe hacks are Pokemon and don't deserve to be shunned because of what they are copy and paste this in your signature. Started by The_Shuppeteer_.

Ash: "Hey Pikachu, what happened? I ran to go take a piss and Mewtwo and Mew attacked me."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shuppeteer_ View Post
    Timetraveler Pikachu? Are you okay?
    Yeah.....about that......never eat more that a handful of candy at a party....that post was the result......On the bright side that is going in my sig!
    *Warning! Warning!*

Timetraveler: Pikachu needs to write a crackfic.

Actually, I took many of the details from the Bulbapedia entries. The fact that certain glitches are always female... and that on Emerald, if you managed to hack a Missingno and put it into your Secret Base squad, it will faint immediately because it has 0 HP, period.

This was supposed to be for Mothers Day, but then I hung out with my Mom all day. hehe. Anyhow, neither of my parents play video games and only know Pokemon as one of my favorite series. I picked Chimecho as it, of those I had available, would mostly likely be the one that she'd like.

I need something for Memorial Day...

Completed: Doduo/Arceus
    On Deck: Machamp/Roselia, Sandslash, Carvinine, Azuril/Wynaut, Rapidash/Luxray, Gliscor/Uxie
    Reserve: - (Memorial Day)

CHIMECHO

Chim, ching.

It was a blustery day at the peak of Mount Pyre. The sun shone in a pale blue sky, but the winds rushed right over the mountain. Under the rippling tall grasses, the smaller Pokemon hid to avoid being blown away. The trees were leaning over, but not breaking. Under these conditions, anyone downwind of the peak would have heard a clear bell-like chiming from the top.

Up at the very peak, there was a shrine created of white marble. Two glistening orbs sat on either side of the shrine. One was a deep marine blue, while the other was a vibrant volcanic red. Beside the shrine, there was a pair of small mountain trees. A Chimecho hung from the branches of the left tree. The yellow sucker on top of her head clung tight to the branch so that she didn’t get blown away.

On a day like this, most of her kin would be hiding out in the small caves, or even in the catacombs within the mountain. But someone always had to be here, no matter what. Her ribbon-like tail was whipped about into the rough branches, causing her to ring without trying. If she lost grip of the branch, the gusts could easily grab hold of her and toss her down to rocky slopes. She had to stay strong.

Ding, ding, ching.

A pebble had gotten caught up in the wind. The Chimecho watched warily as it skipped across the shrine. Thankfully, it missed hitting the orbs. The orbs were to remain as undisturbed as possible. Nature wasn’t always agreeable, so there were thunderstorms, blizzards, and, like today, windstorms. Even the odd earthquake sometimes. No matter what happened, this shrine had to stay calm and peaceful.

Those orbs had been created by Rayquaza, or so it was said. They contained certain vital powers of two other Pokemon gods, the red one Groudon and the blue one Kyogre. As long as the powers were contained within these two orbs, then the two gods would remain locked in slumber. That was important. They were fierce rivals, tearing up the earth and the sea in their arguments.

Even if they slept, they were still connected to the orbs. One or the other could become alert enough to break one of the orbs, awakening the other. Thus, the two rival gods had to be pacified even if they couldn’t acknowledge it. There was always a small group of humans around who did that.

And there were the Chimechoes. In her family, tradition dictated that the females would stay in these trees during the day. They would sing quiet songs in their language to help keep the two entities connected to the orbs asleep. At night, the males would do the same. Normally there would be two or three others with her. But on this bad day, she was the only one who decided to remain out.

Ting, dong, ching.

It was tough to keep singing under these conditions. At some parts, she had to just deal with her random rings when the gusts were high. She sang whenever there was a moment of quiet. Thankfully, the orbs seemed quiet today. The wind wasn’t affecting the two gods as much as it was her.

Her language really only had seven different kinds of chimes, but by altering the length, tone, and pitch, it was possible to communicate complex ideas. Like the tales of Groudon and Kyogre’s battles, and why the Chimechoes had to remain on Mount Pyre, despite the vast number of Ghost Pokemon who lived here too.

There were still those that left. The rise of Pokeballs made it even more difficult to remain. Thankfully, the humans who took care of the shrine realized this. To help them out, they had given the shrine’s Pokemon keepers a special green clip that was attached to their small feet. This marked them as uncatchable.

Ring, ting, ching.

“Keeping up on your duty, shrine maiden?” a voice asked.

She opened her eyes (having closed them against a bad series of gusts) and saw an elderly male human standing near her tree. “Tawn ting,” she replied.

The current human keepers of the shrine had learned some of their language. He gently patted her. “I know it’s tough. But your dedication is admirable.”

“There’s some folks coming up here despite the wind,” the woman said, walking over to them. “They seem to be causing trouble in the catacombs.”

“Chim ding,” the Chimecho replied. She hoped they weren’t looking to cause trouble up here.

“We do too,” the woman said.

But then those people, dressed in red sweatshirts and dark pants, came right up to the shrine. “You have no right to be keeping the god Pokemon slumbering like this,” the man in charge said.

“It was another god who sealed them away,” the old man said.

“It is for the good of everyone that they remain sleeping,” the old woman said.

The Chimecho let go of her branch to join them. The winds had relented just enough that she could float around without getting blown away. “Ting ching chim chime tawn,” she said.

Beside the strange man, a Mightyena growled, then rushed forward and attacked the shrine maiden Pokemon. She was young, so she didn’t stand a chance.

Later on, she found herself at a Pokecenter, fully healed. That was one good thing about technology; generations ago, that attack would have kept her in agony for weeks. With her was the old woman. “Do not blame yourself, maiden,” she said. “You were not trained to fight like that one.”

“Ding?” She floated over to the window.

The sunlight was incredibly bright. Heat made the air hazy and dry. As this was a power of the earth, it could only mean one thing. Groudon was awake. And he would not be pleased with awakening after centuries of being forced asleep.

“They’re both awake,” the old woman said, coming over to the window. “But there was someone else there. I think there is hope, if they can get Rayquaza awakened in time.”

“Chim,” the Chimecho said sadly. It was still terrible, and she hadn’t been much help.

Chimecho HG/SS entry: It uses the sucker on its head to hang from a tree or from eaves. It can produce seven different tones.

I've been caught up in other writing projects, so I did two of this today. Togekiss was on the request list, but it was actually done last year. So I skipped to the next request.

And I've completed a type category! Hehe, not really. I didn't count Arceus in my type totals, not even Normal. So I labeled it as a Special type. The only other Pokemon who could really count as a Special type was... Missingno.

In Process: Machamp/Roselia
    On Deck: Sandslash, Carvinine, Azuril/Wynaut, Rapidash/Luxray, Gliscor/Uxie

DODUO AND ARCEUS

It was a stifling hot day. Most every Pokemon in the prairie was keeping in the shade or near a watering hole. While some just tried to keep cool, others slept to wait for the afternoon heat to pass. He was doing both. His round head stayed above the tall grasses, watching for danger. While kneeling down under the shade of an oak tree, his other head was curled up with his long beak under his brown wing. Even with this heat, the Doduo knew that some predators would still be hunting.

The two heads always took turns with this duty. They thought exactly alike, so they were more a single Pokemon instead of a two heads on one body. In a short while, he would take a nap as his other head kept watch. Thus far, it was a boring day.

It wouldn’t be boring for long.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a movement of white. He turned around to check and there was a Pokemon he had never seen before. It had four legs, a short head, and a long neck. Although it had thick white scruffy fur, it didn’t seem bothered by the heat. Strangest of all, it had branched growths around its waist in an odd pattern. It radiated a strong sense of power.

Okay. An unknown Pokemon had snuck up on him. It was extremely strong and he had no clue what its intentions were. How should he react? Easy. Jerk his body up and run away through the tall grass.

As his other mind came awake at the sudden jostling, Doduo lowered his alert head, so he didn’t stick out too much. Although he had wings, he could more easily outpace any Pokemon of this prairie by running. His more alert head stayed focused ahead, on another oak tree that offered shade. The other head eventually looked back to check on the strange Pokemon.

It was galloping through the grass after him. And it was keeping up easily, even though its waist growths should have caught on the grass and slowed it down. When Doduo got close to the tree, it abruptly rushed ahead and got to the shade before him. “Pardon me, but don’t be afraid,” it said in a feminine voice.

Doduo stumbled to a stop. “What? What do you want with me?”

“I want to talk with you,” she said. “I’m not going to eat you.”

“Is that it?” He clawed at the ground, still nervous. “Then why’d you sneak up on me? And chase me?”

“Did I sneak up on you? I didn’t realize that. Sorry. So can we talk?”

He went into the shade and knelt down there. “I guess. What about?”

“What about?” She paused for a long while. “I don’t know. Something.”

One of his beaks gawked for a moment. “You chased me down and you don’t know what to talk about?”

“That’s right. I don’t talk to others much. But I just felt like it and you seemed interesting, Doduo.”

“Okay…” she was strange. “Well who or what are you first? I’ve never seen you or any Pokemon like you before.”

She nodded. “That is a good question. I am Arceus.”

His other beak gawked. “What?! You’re Arceus? The Pokemon who created everything?”

“Mmmm…” she closed her eyes briefly. “That’s what they say about me.”

Giving a quick ruffle of his feathers, he said, “Well then what are you doing here, just talking with me? You’re the goddess of creation, and I’m just a Doduo, running around this prairie.”

“That’s right. I got bored.”

“Bored?”

She nodded. “I do have the power of creation. But, everything’s been created. It’s in the hands of others to maintain it. So,” she stretched, folded her waist growths back, then lay down in the oak’s shade, “I don’t have much to do these days.”

“I guess not.”

“If I talk with anybody, it’s usually the other gods or really brave and curious humans. Those kinds of things are always the same conversations. It gets old after a few eons. So, I decided to just talk with somebody else. You seemed interesting.”

His second head came up to his other. “Really? How so?”

After another long pause, she replied, “You just seem that way.”

So it was more or less at random that she had chosen him? That was disappointing. Then again, he was talking to the goddess of creation. Nobody else in the prairie could claim that kind of memory. “Um, all right. So what kind of food do you like? I like the little black flies and thistle seeds myself.”

“I like all foods,” she said. “Mostly berries.”

“What kind of berries? There’s hundreds of them!”

“Tens of thousands of kinds, I know, in a whole spectrum of flavors. I like berries.”

“I see. Berries are nice. I like the Leppas the most.”

“Yes, the most apple-y of all berries, from its mimicking blossoms to its multicolored skins. Did you know that there are differences between the Red, Green, Yellow, Racb, Tiny, Giant, Striped, and Mottled Leppas? I made sure of that.”

He titled one head. “Really, is that so? There’s only Yellow Leppas around here. Although, I guess there are some bushes of Racb Leppas over near the forest.”

“Bug Pokemon don’t like Racb Leppa Berries,” Arceus said. “But that’s okay. They like plenty of other berries. I really like berries, so I spent a lot of time making them. I’m glad others like them too.”

At that point, one of Doduo’s heads came up with a thought. Why was he talking about food? He was here talking to the goddess of creation and they were just talking about berries! Then his other head thought, well food is good and that’s one subject he knew would interest even a goddess among Pokemon.

“Are you close to evolving?” she asked out of the blue.

“I think I might be,” he replied. “I’m getting enough conflicting thoughts that I might be. But no third party thoughts, so not quite.”

“Does it bother you?” She appeared interested to know his thoughts.

“Not really. I mean, it’s confusing sometimes, but it’s normal. I don’t meet any Dodrios that complain about having three different minds. At least, not seriously complain. Many of them will joke about it.”

“Hmm… so long as everyone is happy.”

“I don’t like predators,” he tried.

“Happy within reason, considering the natural way of things,” she corrected.

“Ah.” He chuckled at himself. “It was worth a try.”

“Yes, that is so.”

Then, he came up with something. “Actually, there is something that only you would be able to answer that I’ve thought of.”

“Go on.”

“I heard about you from my mother and other older Pokemon. The story says that an egg appeared and you were hatched from that egg. Then you created everything in the world. But then, who created your egg?”

“I did,” she replied, this time without hesitation.

“You did? But you weren’t even hatched.”

“Right, I hatched from that egg.”

“Which you created too.”

“Right.”

He shook his heads. “But that doesn’t make sense. How can you create your own egg when you haven’t even hatched?”

“I managed.”

“But how?”

Then she shook her head. “Sorry, I can’t tell you certain things. I doubt that you’d use that knowledge against me. But there are others who would. That kind of knowledge is dangerous in the wrong head. Thus, there are some things that are so dangerous that I simply keep them to myself. I know that I’m not going to abuse those ideas and cause ruin to that which I have created. That would be counterproductive.”

“Oh. Well, I guess that could be true.”

“Would you mind telling me more about yourself?”

“How can that be interesting to someone like you?”

“I am interesting to you because I live a life unlike yours,” Arceus pointed out. “And the same, you are interesting to me because you live a life unlike mine. So would you, please?”

“I guess it’d be all right,” Doduo said. And they ended up talking well into the night.

Doduo Emerald entry: Even while eating or sleeping, one of the heads remains always vigilant for any sign of danger. When threatened, it flees at over 60 miles per hour.

HG/SS Arceus entry: According to the legends of Sinnoh, this Pokemon emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Timetraveler:Pikachu View Post
    Yeah.....about that......never eat more that a handful of candy at a party....that post was the result......On the bright side that is going in my sig!
    YAYZ!

On topic, the Chimecho one didn't have much essence of mother's day in it, but it was very good nonetheless.
    The Doduo/Arceus one was excellent! The theory of thinking in third parties in order for Doduo to evolve was interesting and made sense, and the Doduo's reaction to Arceus was priceless.

This entry was partly inspired by Pokemon Coliseum (see Roselia's animations to know why) and, well, Princess Bride.

On another note, I've started transferring this over to fanfiction.net. It's gonna take a long time to transfer over, heh.

In Process: Sandslash
    On Deck: Carvinine, Azuril/Wynaut, Rapidash/Luxray, Gliscor/Uxie

ROSELIA AND MACHAMP

Two Pokemon walked along the dirt path. One was a Roselia. His red and blue roses were close to his sides as he walked along with his arms crossed. Impatient to get where they were going, he hurried along. Behind him was a Machamp. He was large even for his kind, to where his companion was barely at his ankle height. Careful not to step on him, he walked at a slower pace.

“Do you want me to carry you, Inigo?” the Machamp asked kindly.

The Roselia waved his red rose. “I’m fine, Fezzik. I don’t want to be seen as helpless.”

“Nobody would mistake you for helpless. Not unless they were witless.”

“There’s a lot more witless people in the world than there are witty ones, you know.”

“Ah, right.”

The landscape around them grew rockier, with tougher and scragglier plants. “This seems like a nice ambush spot,” Inigo noted, but kept moving.

Looking around, Fezzik agreed with him. Most Pokemon considered his kind to be slow-witted, and thus he, being even bigger than usual, had to be even dumber than usual. He had gotten used to that until Inigo told him that he was actually quite sharp and intelligent. Still, the Roselia was even more so. If he said something was so, he was probably right.

Deciding to dissuade any would be bandits, Fezzik said, “So those guys we’re going after. Do you think that I should use a Western style of pummeling them to paste or an Eastern style of kicking them to near-death?”

He usually wasn’t so gruesome with his plans. Fezzik was one of the gentlest Fight-types that Inigo had ever known. But he also knew that this was all a bluff. “It all ends the same; you never get to finish your moves because the opponents never last that long. Why don’t you just use that Karate Chop decapitation instead?”

“That was just an accident,” he countered. “Blunt force decapitation does not work normally. It’s messy and nasty.”

“Whatever puts them down fast. Just leave the leader to me.”

“Will do.”

The highwaymen Pokemon that had been observing them wisely decided to not attack this pair.

Another group later on the trail was not as lucky. A group of six bandits jumped out of hiding. “Hold it right there,” the leader Magmar ordered, holding his hand out. “If you don’t want to get roughed up by the Rainbow of Evil, then fork over your dough.”

The Roselia raised his eyebrow. “Seriously? If you wanted to scare people, you’d take a less obvious jump point. Oh, and a better name.”

“What’s wrong with our name?” the Magmar snarled.

“Everything.”

“Rainbows are pretty,” Fezzik said. “I don’t think there’s such a thing as an evil rainbow.”

“But that’s what we are,” the Magmar stated. “See, I’m red, the Numel is orange, the Minun is yellow, the Bellsprout is green, the Wailmer is blue, and the Purugly is purple. We just haven’t found anybody for indigo.”

“It’s still dumb,” Inigo retorted. “Besides, you’re way under us. Get out of the way if you know better.”

“You think awfully high of yourselves.” The Magmar punched his wings together. “I think we ought to teach you a lesson.”

The Roselia groaned and shook his blue rose at him. “We don’t have time for this. But if you must fight, it will be one on one, you against me. You’re a chump if you won’t do that for your own weakling group.”

Smirking, the Magmar nodded. “Sure enough, you against me. We would have been nice and left you with some apples, but now all of your stuff is ours.”

“Yeah right.”

Fezzik and the others stepped back as the two began to battle. Looking for an easy win, the Magmar surrounded his fist with fire energy and rushed at the Roselia. Inigo easily sidestepped and fired several poisonous thorns at the bandit. The Magmar then whirled around, whipping up a whirl of fire around himself before launching it. While it was an impressive move, Inigo got out of that too and kept firing thorns into the Fire Pokemon.

Furious that his moves were getting dodged, the Magmar began spitting fireballs instead. To no avail; Inigo was able to keep away from all of them. He claimed it was due to a special charm that his father had made, although Fezzik often thought his friend was just that good. Thinking he’d get ahead of that, the Magmar shot another fireball, then darted over and grabbed Inigo’s blue rose, crushing it. “Let’s see you fight now, Mr. Flower.”

“Oo, that was a mistake,” the Machamp commented to the Purugly, who happened to be next to him. “He’s very proud of his flowers.”

And Inigo did have a death glare in his eyes as he brought his red rose to the Magmar and gave him a face full of poison thorns. “Never Touch My Flowers, chump!” he shouted, angry enough that his flowers were shaking. Some blue petals fell to the ground.

The Magmar shrieked. “What the hey was that?!”

“I’m not left-flowered,” Inigo said dangerously.

Then Fezzik leaned over and snatched the Magmar with all four of his hands. “Sorry buddy, but we do have to get a move on.” He then picked the bandit leader up, spun around a full turn, then launched him over the land. In short time, he seemed to fly right over the horizon and vanish.

Gawking, the other five bandits seemed at a loss of what to do. “I thought that was a one on one fight?” the Wailmer asked.

Still angry, the Roselia turned to him and brandished his thorned flowers. “You wanna pick a fight with us over that?” he sneered.

“Uuhhh,” the bandits looked to each other.

“No,” the Bellsprout said, then bolted. The others followed not long after.

“Common bandits are such scum,” Inigo said, waving them off. “We’re above them.”

“Right. You okay?”

He looked over his blue rose, concerned. “There’s some damage, missing or torn petals. It’ll grow back in a couple of days. It is late though. Can I take you up on that offer of a ride? We shouldn’t waste any more time.”

“Of course,” Fezzik said, bending down and holding his lower right arm out. Inigo hopped onto the Machamp’s head himself; the giant had some trouble handling small objects or Pokemon. They then set back down the path to their next adventure.

Sapphire entry: Machamp is known as the Pokemon that has mastered every kind of martial arts. If it grabs hold of the foe with its four arms, the battle is all but over. The hapless foe is then thrown far over the horizon. Fight 1

Roselia Pearl entry: The beautiful flowers on its arms have toxic thorns. Don’t even think of picking those flowers. Grass/Poison 3

Nice story. Oh, and nice job, slipping in a shiny Purugly so casually like that. Regular Purugly are blue.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Hahahahaha, I love it! Great job, I love the Princess Bride referencing.

What's your ff.net username? I'll add you to favorites once I know it.
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy.)

Claims:
    David Tennant
    Viggo Mortensen

Sort of back! Playing through Black 2 and working through my Dex. PM me for inquiries!

Black 2 ID/FC: Cassie 3311 2386 7094

LF: Legends/Events, shinies, Kangaskhan, Smeargle, Miltank, Whismur, Minun, Torkoal, Lileep, Kecleon, Glameow

ALLONS-Y!

^Exactly the same as here. I did that so nobody accuses me of stealing my own stories...

Hehe, and nice catch on the shiny. I was trying to come up with a purple Pokemon for the group, but my mind just blanked. I ended up picking Purugly just to keep going.

You want a Memorial Day story, yeh? Why not do something about Surge's Electrode/Raichu/Electabuzz? Oh, or maybe a member of the Pidgey chain. Y'know, like carrier pigeons?

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast