Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1435

Thread: Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Well, that ending was unexpected. xD

I do question where Durant gets plastic flowers and dynamite from though.

Anyway, the OP says that Oshawott and Yanmega haven't been written about yet, so i'll request them.

The stick of dynamite won me over. XD And that ending was rather unexpected, but I loved it.

I'd like to request a Sandshrew/Grimer story, please.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Loved the Durant and Heatmor story. Got to agree that the ending was rather unexpected, but I love happy endings anyway.

And if you're taking requests, I absolutely must hear an Archeops story. Feel free to combine it with whatever else you wish; I just want to hear about Archeops.

^ Click this for good times ^

Heatmor got blown up by a stick of dynamite...that was funny! A real classic, but I'm concerned on where that Durant got the dynamite.

All in all, this was a good one! I liked how they made a truce in the end. Good for Heatmor.

Oh, and can you do Latios, Kyogre, and Groudon? You don't necessarily have to put the all together in the same story, they can be in different ones with different Pokemon.
    Last edited by floracat; 28th January 2012 at 3:52 PM.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

It was cartoon dynamite, which is perfectly capable of coming out of nowhere. Well that got my to-do list filled up. Kyogre/Groudon got boosted up to after Deoxys as it had another request over at FF.net. That makes four legendaries coming up!

So we go from a silly cartoony story to this...

In process: Deoxys
    On Deck: Groudon/Kyogre, Oshawott/Yanmega, Sandshrew/Grimer, Archeops, Tynamo, Latios

Zorua

Babump babump babump… her heart seemed to be pounding rapidly in her throat. She set a paw down and stepped on a dry leaf, making it crinkle. Her nerves went all rigid as her black fur stood on end. At that moment, she wanted nothing more than to whine and cry, but then she would be caught too. She pulled her paw back and crouched down under the bush.

Just beyond the cover, there was a human there with large heavy boots that kicked up dust every time he put his foot down. She could see those boots with those metal spikes and smell them with their mud and leather. He laughed, making her shudder. “Now that makes this trip more than worthwhile,” he said proudly. He set down a black and grey sphere in a shallow cup that was attached to another human device. That one made some noises, causing a light to appear near the sphere. Then the man walked off a few steps.

Babump babump.

Her jaws moved slightly, trying to cry out but not wanting to. She was going to be all alone now and she didn’t know everything she needed to to be on her own and there were some scary Pokémon around and scary humans and all alone! What was she supposed to do? The man was still there, but he wasn’t quite looking. Maybe if she took the Pokeball…

Babump, babump.

The other option was living all alone.

Terrified of that, she hurried out of the bush as quickly as she could; the rattling of the leaves caused her to move quicker as she got up on her hind paws and tried to get the Pokeball. But she simply couldn’t grip it like that, as it was too smooth and her trembling paws were too small. So she focused on her inner power and transformed into a small human. Her new form was like a girl she’d seen not too long ago, with a pretty light dress with ribbon bows and larger bows on cute shoes. But she wasn’t as skilled at making her transformed state have color, so the hair was dark gray while everything else was some form of gray. She could pick up the Pokeball easily as a human.

“Hey!” the man shouted in a booming voice that sent shivers straight to her bones. “Put that back, kid!”

She gripped the ball in both hands and ran, her heart continuing to race. Hearing his heavy boots behind her, she hurried on blindly until she shot out of the forest and onto the hard road that the humans used. There was nothing to hide in now, as there were large fences along most of the road. What did she do now?

Before she could find a place to hide, she heard a roar to her left. It was one of those things that humans rode, with two large wheels, a bright light in front, and an awful stench belching out behind. And it was coming her way. With the man in heavy boots behind her, she bolted to the right, following the crooked path of the road until she came across a building.

There was so much light in there. There were lights out here in the road, but there were still shadows to hide in. In there, it was all light. And all enclosed, with the sky completely blocked off. Even worse, there were people inside.

“Give back that Pokeball, thief!” the boot man roared, still running after her.

At least those people weren’t mad at her. She ran into the building, rushing right by humans who were all twice as tall as her human form. Some of them cried out; one yelled at her for doing so. Thankfully, there was another wide door leading back outside, straight across from the one she had gone through. She kept running, hoping to find another forest.

And found a city beyond that. There were even more lights here, in all kinds of colors like blue, red, orange, and white. Some of the lights were even powerful enough to reach into the sky in fully visible beams. There were fences and buildings and poles and flags and so many human things that bewildered and terrified her. But there was also a lake, behind a fence, with some bushes alongside it.

She ran until she came to a shadowed spot, then went to the fence and squeezed herself through the bars. Then she crouched down by the bushes, which were formed so straight and regular that they almost didn’t seem real. From there, she watched as the boot man ran by, stopped, then chose the wrong direction to keep running and yelling.

She’d escaped him. Relieved, she clutched the Pokeball to her chest and stayed like that for a moment. Once her heart had calmed back down to normal, she examined the ball. How did she get it open? There was a line between the black and gray but when she put her fingernails to it, she couldn’t find a place to grip and pull it apart. She squeezed it and nothing happened. She turned it around and around, trying all the lines to find a place to pull it open. Nothing seemed to work.

Whining, she patted the Pokeball, wishing it would work. Then it slipped from her fingers, hitting the dirt. Her heart skipped a beat as she tried to grab it, but it had started rolling down the slope. And it went right into the lake.

She cried out and plunged in after it. The lake turned out not as deep as she thought it was, but she was still soaked when she pulled the wet and muddy ball out. And it nearly slipped out of her grasp again, so she clutched it in both hands tightly. What now? She was so close and yet still alone. Not wanting it to fall back into the water if she lost her grip, she went back through the fence and started to head back for her home forest.

“There you are!”

Oh no! Her heart started racing again as she realized the boot man was standing between her and the building that led back to the forest. She turned and ran quickly, in such a panic that she didn’t notice the other human until she ran right into her. Not only that, but the Pokeball slipped out of her grip once again. Not wanting to lose that, she scrambled onto her knees to get it back.

“Don’t let her get away again,” the boot man said.

“What’s going on here?” the woman asked. When she looked up at her, she noticed this human was tall and thin, wearing an odd hat with long dangly things coming off it. An Emolga glided around her, eventually coming to land nearby. He seemed to be with the woman in the dangly thing hat.

“That little punk stole the Pokémon I just caught,” he said, his face snarling.

Babump babump. She burst into tears, whining and keeping the Pokeball close. She could sense the power from the Emolga, so he would surely beat her if they tried ganging up on her. After all, she was only a few days old.

The boot man started walking towards her, but the woman stepped between them. “What exactly did you just catch?” she asked.

“Why do you want to know?” he asked. After a pause, he said, “A Zoroark. I know I’m not going to get lucky enough to get another one there any time soon.”

“You seem to have caught this young one’s parent,” she said. “This is a Zorua.”

“That’s…” the boot man looked at her, hesitating. “I caught it fairly.”

“You’d separate them? Even if you meant to catch her too, it seems you’ve already earned her distrust.”

The boot man clenched his fist; she whimpered.

The woman with the dangly thing hat went up to the boot man. “Here, I’ll cover the cost of the Pokeball…”

“That’s much less than what that Pokémon is worth,” he insisted.

“Just the Pokeball,” she said sharply. “As you failed to observe the situation long enough to know that the Zoroark was likely protecting a cub.”

“All right, but I’m still going to issue a complaint against the League.” The two humans did something, then the boot man left.

The woman then came over to her. “Don’t worry, little girl,” she said in a kind voice. “I’m not going to hurt you or catch you. If you give me that Pokeball, I’ll let your parent go.”

Uncertain, she whimpered and clutched the Pokeball defensively. But the woman was being nice and she’d gotten rid of the scary boot man. So she reluctantly passed the Pokeball over. The woman then brought her to a big building that was really bright inside, with many people inside. She stayed close as the woman went up to one of the human devices and set the Pokeball in there.

And seconds later, her mother appeared right there in front of her. The Zoroark growled, tense at the strange bright place. The Zorua cried out and ran to her, hugging her. This night had been terrible, but at least things were as they should be. With her mother there, she wouldn’t be alone.

Zorua White entry: To protect themselves from danger, they hide their true identities by transforming into people and Pokémon.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Oh! So Zorua wanted the Pokeball because it had Zoroark! That makes much more sense. I thought it wanted the ball so that the man couldn't catch him with it. God, I feel dumb.

Cute little story, by the way. I forgot Zoroa could transform into humans.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

You are so damn good at writing adorable Ysa, seriously.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Yay! but didn't you do zorua already?

I make tons of references. If you can spot any of them, please tell me and you'll get pie! Now you'll have to pay for the pie, but it's pie nevertheless.

Spoiler:- Credits.:

I did Zoroark before, not Zorua.

So I got the idea of what to do with Deoxys, and then it turned kind of appropriate for the holiday. Hence holding it back. Here's the follow up to the New Years story!

In process: Groudon/Kyogre
    On Deck: Oshawott/Yanmega, Sandshrew/Grimer, Archeops, Tynamo, Latios

Deoxys

The treasure of the pirate captain Redclaw was widely regarded as the biggest unclaimed treasure hoard in the world. And all that stood between them and it was a boulder blocking the cave tunnel and rumors of a Pokémon guardian. “So we just have these Pokémon use Explosion, simple as that,” the leader of the group said.

“But boss, what about the guardian?” one of his followers asked. “I mean, that beach…” he shuddered.

“If it is here, it’s just a dumb Pokémon,” the leader said. “Get them in place and give them the orders, then we hightail it out of here.”

Although some of them were still uneasy, the lure of the treasure overcame that. The orders were given and the Pokémon were left behind in the cave to clear out the offending boulder. The group waited eagerly for the way to be opened. Instead, the Pokémon came flying out of the tunnel, exploding uselessly near the waiting group.

“What the heck was that about?” the leader shouted in anger, ignoring the plight of the men and Pokémon that had gotten injured in the blast. “You did tell them to remain didn’t…?”

He paused as he saw another Pokémon emerge from the tunnel. It was unlike any Pokémon any of them had seen: vaguely human-like in form, but abstracted in strange colors of orange and blue. A red crystal glimmered on its chest.

“Is this supposed to be the legendary guardian?” the leader asked, snorting. “You don’t look like trouble; in fact, I could probably catch you with little…”

A bright light flashed from the crystal, right before the Pokémon fired a laser attack at the leader. The man dropped to the ground, dead. Terror overtook greed for the treasure and the rest of the group fled back to the ship. Later, it became apparent to them that the guardian had allowed them to grab their injured peers and flee. But that fact was often lost in tales of the evil Pokémon guardian of the Isle of Red Sand.

-+-

Deoxys placed the body down on the beach; it was already attracting the attention of scavenger Pokémon. He let them have the ugly thing. After all, these Pokémon only had the pale red of hunger on them. That was natural and they needed it to survive. In taking care of the body, the scavengers would remove portions of the horrible muddy and bloody gore of greed and lust the man had. Then time, sun, and the surf would clean away the rest.

He then floated back to the interior of the island. This place was lovely, with muted emotions of contentment and peace covering it. Unfortunately, there weren’t many resident Pokémon beyond himself, so those colors would never get strong. But it was much better to have these pale quiet feelings than the harsh and sharp ones the treasure hunters had.

At one time, long ago, he had been in the blankness of space. Even he hadn’t had emotions to color his vision then, or the awareness to see them. But then he had been captured and transformed by this planet. It allowed him to appreciate the beauty of feelings, but also revealed the ugliness of the same.

He went back to the cave he was protecting. The large boulder was no longer blocking the way. instead, it sat in a small room just beyond the tunnel, there to be moved if people returned. Not far after that, there was a series of larger rooms that contained what they were all after: the pirate’s treasures.

Being there among the gold, jewels, and other fine things, Deoxys still wasn’t sure why all of this inspired such violence and drama. It was simply unfeeling stones, things he saw with no color. They saw something valuable in them, though, valuable enough to betray friends and kill peers over. At one time, there had been a battle so marred by green and betrayal that it had brought Deoxys to tears, wishing he couldn’t see all of that ugliness. And then the only two that he had seen as possibly worthy had died on the orders of others. He hadn’t been able to remain hidden after that. these days, it was much faster to kill the worst of the lot and let the rest run away.

They called him evil for it, but he didn’t understand why. It was his orders, the last ones from the man who had first found him after falling to Earth. “Stay here and make sure the unworthy do not get this treasure.” Even though the pirate was one of the ugliest persons Deoxys could remember, laughing at the pain he caused and enjoying the tears and begging of his victims. Protecting the treasure had kept him away from that horror.

But with all the terrible things that he saw in the treasure hunters, Deoxys thought that maybe there was no one worthy.

-+-

“They’re all bones!” It was tinted with a bright yellow of terror and repulsion.

“They are?” It was worried and scared, with a shine tying to clamp down on them. “I, I’m sure that I can get the radio working. Stay here.”

Hidden in the plants beyond the shore, Deoxys watched these two in interest. They looked different from the treasure hunters. He listened and learned that their ship had been damaged. As it couldn’t make it back to the mainland, they had come here to get help or get their boat fixed enough to go back. He wasn’t sure what to do about them, so stayed hidden and watched.

The man had gotten in contact with people through the radio. “We’re on the Isle of Red Sand,” he said. “That’s why there’s so many bones out there: they were looking for the treasure that’s supposed to be here.” There was a bit of desire coming into his feelings. However, it wasn’t as repulsive as before. This desire was a small bit of hope for better things.

“It can’t be worth it if all of them got killed for it,” the woman said, although she had a bit of that hope as well. “Can they get to us?”

“Yes, but not until tomorrow. We’ll be spending the night here.” Unease tempered any other emotion he was emitting.

Deoxys kept watching them as night fell. They gathered items from their boat and form the island to set up a camp, on a patch of sand that didn’t have any visible bones. Even if the treasure gave them hope, they wanted to keep their lives more than that and didn’t go looking for it. He thought that could make them worthy, but what did it matter if they weren’t even going to look?

As he watched, he soon found something more interesting then watching those little spots of hope. The way the emotions of these two humans interacted was fascinating. They reached out to each other, but didn’t quite touch. Although they both wanted to get closer, they didn’t want to lose what they had, a timid blush to vivid love. That was yet another proof that they didn’t see the world as he did. If they could, they wouldn’t have been so uncertain.

It was dark now and the sky began singing. The atmospheric electro-magnetism had flared up once again and it was something beautiful that he could see. “Look, the aurora can be seen here,” the man said.

Deoxys wanted to go watch that in a better spot, but there were still these visitors to be concerned about. He moved through the bushes, causing some of them to rustle. When their attention went sharp in noticing that, he paused again.

“I’m scared,” the woman said.

“I’m here,” the man replied, going over next to her and wrapping his arms around her.

And in that, their colors bled into each other, become brighter and more beautiful. It was an aurora on Earth, a time in which they seemed to know each others feelings and share them. They said nothing more, but forged bonds that might last a lifetime.

Deoxys stayed there, as this was certainly better than watching the song of the sky.

-+-

It was late at night; the two humans were asleep. Deoxys was watching them, but to protect them rather than to protect against them. Since the most dangerous thing on the island was probably him, he had left them for a short time. Now that he had returned, he set a bag near their campsite. It was something he had taken from their boat, but he had filled it with some treasure from the cave. If it gave them some hope to start a better life together, then they were worthy of taking it. He wouldn’t even make them go in the cave after it.

And now that he had found something worthy, Deoxys thought about leaving this island. He wanted to know if the treasure really attracted ugliness. He wanted to go out and see if there was more of the beauty of love out there.

Sapphire entry: Deoxys emerged from a virus that came from space. It is highly intelligent and wields psychokinetic powers. This Pokémon shoots lasers from the crystalline organ on its chest.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

I dont get the whole point of this, but your writing and stories are astounding! Amazing work!
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Does it need a point? *laughs* I write just to write. Plus it's fun that I can say that I've written all kinds of Pokemon and point to this thread as proof. How many other fanfic writers can honestly claim to have used over 450 Pokemon?

I like this style! (I get the point now) I can never stick to one story when I write so this is perfect for me!
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

This one was really good! It was sad that everyone thought Deoxys was a monster, but it was, in fact, doing it's duty. It was kinda touching in the end, how Deoxys gave the money to that couple. They needed it, and it was for a good cause.

I'm going to request a Tentacruel/Cleffa story.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

I dont know how, but can I request a Noctowl/Pidove?
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

More legendary Pokemon for today! Playing a bit with mythology and this ties in a little with the Rayquaza entry earlier.

In process: Oshawott/Yanmega
    On Deck:Sandshrew/Grimer, Archeops, Tynamo, Latios, Tentacruel/Cleffa, Noctowl/Pidove

Groudon and Kyogre

A long long time ago, back before humans were in this world, the region of Hoenn was a much different place. It was all land, with little water to be found save for the salty sea surrounding it. Fresh water was scarce, but enough to keep life going. Every day, it was bright, sunny, and hot; never a cloud in the sky, never a chill on the wind.

Most of the Pokémon there liked it, but when migrating Pokémon came around, they often complained. “It’s too bright,” some would say, or “It’s too hot.” Others would ask, “Where’s the water to drink? We’ll dry up if this keeps on.” Or they would say, “It’s so hard to reach this place! There’s so much sea all around.”

The guardian of the land was Groudon, a giant with thick red scales and powerful claws. With every step he took, the land would shake. But the land was also his domain. When the world had been very young, it had been Groudon who formed the great masses of earth called continents. His presence caused the sun to brighten, drying the air and exposing the land. But this made him not popular as a neighbor, and thus he had retreated to this island to live out the rest of his eternal life.

When Groudon heard the complaints, he mostly thought they were whining. “The bright sun and the heat are ideal conditions,” he would say. “The plants here never lack for sun and so they are healthy and green. I do allow enough water to maintain your lives, but any more would be a nuisance.” He thought this because the conditions were ideal to him.

But when migratory Pokémon complained about the distance, he listened. That sea is an obstacle, he thought to himself. For the fliers, there would be no place to land and rest their wings, nowhere to get food. And for those unfortunates who must swim, there would be no place to stop either. They would have to struggle on against the water.

Thus he decided that he would do something about it.

One day, he set out for the northeast coast of Hoenn, as he recalled the nearest lot of land to be that way. He used his powers to intensify the sun and empower the land, raising a sandbar bottom of the sea. Groudon then walked out across that sandbar, moving the sands to continually make a path he could cross the water with. After making sure of where the mainland continent was, he walked back halfway to Hoenn. There he stopped, calling on the power of the sun even more.

And the earth at the bottom of the sea began to grow. It rose out of the water, emerging into the sun. Then Groudon let some water remain, so long as it was filtered through the sands to be salt-free. This allowed him to take seeds he had brought from Hoenn and grow them rapidly to full maturity. When the plants were established, it made the new island solid, a permanent feature of the area.

Looking over the island, Groudon felt satisfied with his work. This gave the migratory Pokémon a place to rest, or even settle if it suited their interests. With his work done, Groudon raised the sandbar again and walked back to Hoenn.

In the seas surrounding Hoenn, there lived another powerful Pokémon. This one was Kyogre, a large blue whale that had fins like wings. She had created the oceans and seas when the Earth was very young, causing torrential downpours to cover the raw hot surface of the planet. In fact, she loved the rain so much that she caused it to rain wherever she went, pouring down on the surface of the seas she swam in.

Although she birthed storms in this manner when the rains left her control, she thought it was necessary. “The Earth needs a constant supply of fresh water from the sky,” she would tell other Pokémon who asked. “This waters the plants and allows us all to live. And if the storms destroy something, then it was weak and needed to be destroyed. This will leave room for newer and stronger life to take hold.” She thought this because she liked those ideals.

Kyogre rarely stayed in one place, swimming through the seas and oceans to make sure they were doing well. One day, she passed by Hoenn, thinking to herself. She knew the maker of lands was right here, so she never stayed herefor long. But she had to make sure that his tyrannical sun wasn’t disturbing the sea creatures. While she was in thought, she bumped face first into a column of land.

Startled from her thoughts, Kyogre backed up and observed the area. “I don’t remember an island being here,” she said. She double-checked where she was and realized that yes, this should be open waters. So what was an island doing here? She ascended to the surface to see what was going on.

It was raining on the island, as she was there. In spite of that, she still recognized the signs of his power: the sun-touched rocks, the rapidly-grown plants, and the island where the sea floor should be deep. This angered her. The time of creation was over! He shouldn’t be forcing his power on another Pokémon’s domain! Kyogre knew she had to do something.

And so she did. She intensified her power over the rain and the seas, causing a torrential downpour and a massive tsunami to pound against the new island. She was able to submerge the island back to the ocean floor once again. There, that should show him. Kyogre then moved on, satisfied with her work.

Some time later, Groudon met with a group of migrating Wingulls. “It’s almost not worth it to fly all the way out here,” one said. “It’s so tough to find drinkable water and you have to fly all the way from the mainland and that takes nearly two days.”

“Two days?” Groudon asked. “I recently made an island between here and the mainland. That should at least give you a break.”

“That’s what I was saying!” another Wingull said. “I’ve seen that island before! Landed on it and found it to be a really nice place. But when we passed over the spot, there was nothing but water there. We’re really pooped out because we were expecting that break.”

“I’d better go check on that place,” Groudon said. “Rest here, and hopefully the trip back won’t be so bad.”

He set out across the sea on his sandbar path and found what the Wingulls had said to be true. The island was gone. Angered but not knowing right off why it had happened, Groudon used his powers again to raise the island back to the surface and get its plants living again. But a month after he returned, Kyogre found the island again and sank it. Groudon went back out and raised it once again.

This time, Kyogre was waiting under the surface of the water. She knew how stubborn he could be and wasn’t going to let this turn into a back-and-forth game. As she came to the surface, the extremely bright sun and the relentless torrential downpour clashed violently, spawning storms of ferocious intensity. While thunder boomed in the background, she sent one of her tidal waves right at Groudon.

He looked over the sea and saw her smirking at his drenched state. Groudon clenched his fists; he always hated coming into conflict with her, because she nearly always won. “What do you want, you jerk?” he asked angrily.

“You’re overstepping your boundaries,” she said, certain that she was in the right. “I want you to quit putting this roadblock in my way.”

“What do you care about this one little island? Your waters own over two-thirds of the world and beside, you can always stop being a daydreaming idiot and swim around it.”

“It’s in my territory and it has no reason to be here. So stop raising it, you power monger.”

“Says you,” he snarled. “You just want to lord it over everyone and everything, don’t you? Well I’m not going to let you bully your way around me anymore!”

Back in the time of creation when the two of them had fought with regularity, Kyogre had a massive power advantage over Groudon. Thus, water covered most of the planet. It would cover all of it if other Pokémon at the time hadn’t backed him up to be allowed some land to live on. But he was prepared this time, knowing the perfect move to counter her tidal waves. Groudon drew on the power of the sun and on the power of the earth to blast her with Solarbeam.

Being hit with such a powerful move only angered Kyogre further. They began to fight in earnest, a battle that lasted for weeks. The sun and the rain constantly pounded down on the areas around Hoenn, spawning hundreds of storms that wrecked the mainland and other islands around. But even with his powerful Grass move, Groudon kept getting pushed back. Kyogre even managed to sink most of the eastern half of Hoenn while he tried vainly to raise small islands to keep her trapped in shallow waters. It seemed like his refuge was going to end up on the bottom of the sea floor as well.

And then there came a roar from the sky that seemed to make everything stop. The torrential rains ceased, as did the intense sunlight. From the sky, a large dragon descended. Rayquaza rarely descended to the surface, so even Groudon and Kyogre stopped in their battle.

“Will you cease this senseless fighting?” Rayquaza growled in a slow angered tone. “You’re disturbing the flow of the air; you’re disturbing everyone around you.”

“It’s her fault,” Groudon said.

“It’s his fault,” Kyogre said at about the same time.

“Don’t bicker,” the sky dragon reprimanded. “Explain what is going on, one at a time.”

They both did so. Groudon felt that Kyogre was being petty; raising one island to help other Pokémon wasn’t overstepping his bounds. It was barely leaving a mark when compared to the scale of the world. On the other side, Kyogre thought that Groudon was being selfish in that he was only choosing the address complaints that bothered him. If he really wanted to help, then he’d stop with his overbearing sun.

“You wrecked what was established as his haven, Kyogre,” Rayquaza said at the end of it. “And you should have found out why he put the island there. It doesn’t sound like something to get riled up about. But you Groudon, you shouldn’t have dealt with this yourself as you have a natural disadvantage to her. You should have told someone why you were putting that island there so that its appearance could have been discussed sensibly instead of with violence. Now both of you, swear that you won’t disturb the other Pokémon around with your own squabbles again! If you don’t, then I will force you both to sleep so that your powers won’t be a burden to anyone else.”

Neither Groudon nor Kyogre liked the sound of that, so they tried to fight him. However, they were both nearly exhausted from their long battle and Rayquaza defeated them soundly. He then made good on his threat and sent them both into hibernation. The sun faded in intensity and the rains stopped being constant.

But with the weather in a normal state, Hoenn began to truly thrive. Now it is a place rich in life for both the water and the land. However, it is said that the rage of the two great Pokémon still smolders, deep in the hidden chambers where they sleep. Should they be awakened, their rage will overtake their reason and their powers could ruin everything..

That is why we say, honor the blessing of Rayquaza, and keep the peace of sleep over Groudon and Kyogre.

Sapphire entry: Kyogre is named in mythology as the Pokémon that expanded the sea by covering the land in torrential rains and towering tidal waves. It took to sleep after a cataclysmic battle with Groudon.

Ruby entry: Groudon has long been described in mythology as the Pokémon that raised lands and expanded continents. This Pokemn took to sleep after a cataclysmic battle with Kyogre.

Ok. I REALLY liked this one. It all fits together. I always wondered why Groudon and Kyogre were fighting. They couldn't have just met and hated each other. I like how you expanded on it.

The characters were exactly how I imagined them to be. Rayquaza was cool and level-headed, Groudon was a little self-absorbed and Kyogre was persistent and easily angered. I think you captured the legendaries perfectly.

And this explains Hoenns extreme weather, the islands, and why the world is two-thirds of water. I mythology and stuff so this really interested me.

I imagined Kyogre being calm and peaceful, and only angered when provoked (Usually, by Groudon.) Got that from reading Bulbapedia.

Then again, I also imagined Kyogre being male...

Of course, it's not my story, so my opinion there doesn't matter. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 21st February 2012 at 8:58 PM.

I like this one a lot! That's cool how you included their abilities Drizzle, Drought, and Air Lock. I always thought Groudon could dominate over Kyogre due to his Solar Beam and Drought combo, then again Kyogre is a water type and knows several water type moves... So is Rayquaza a boy or girl?

Aww man... I wonder what has been destroying the servine's crops...
    Last edited by 3D992; 24th February 2012 at 4:21 AM. Reason: added more
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I like this one. I still prefer gender neutral Legendarys.

Yikes... I didn't realize how long I got caught up in Seeker of Heaven! Sorry. Let's try to make this lull up. Although the Oshawott and Yanmega one is still not started. It's unexpectedly tough, as I can get one idea for it, but I'm not sure how to work it.

This one, though... I got the idea right away. It helps that Grimer has one of the weirdest Pokedex entries out there. I mean... just look at it!

In process: Oshawott/Yanmega, Archeops
    On Deck:Tynamo, Latios, Tentacruel/Cleffa, Noctowl/Pidove
    Reserve: ??? 3/21

Sandshrew and Grimer

It was a cool bright night where the full moon hung in the sky like a bare light bulb left to hang in a black room. The moon poured blue light onto the landscape, lighting up the world but not really making things clear. Instead, everything seemed more mysterious and magical than ever. The budding trees seemed to be ancient nature spirits watching over their domain, and the grass seemed like it might hold unforetold power. It didn’t obviously, since it was grass, but it sure looked so different.

Sandy walked along a dirt path in this moonlit landscape, searching. Her paws felt tired as she'd been searching all day. Why was it so hard to find a new place to dig a home? Some of her desert neighbors thought it'd be a brilliant idea to start up a rock band. Listening to them beat rocks against each other all day and all night pushed the limits of even her patience. Finding a new home sounded good, but then she didn't realize just how small their desert had been. All the good spots had been taken by other Sandshrews or too close to the rock band. At the time, she declined to take one of the less suitable spots.

Maybe she should have settled for one of those. She hadn't seen good sand in several hours, only grass, clay, and now a stream. It wasn't even a nice stream, something that smelled like poo and rotted vegetation. As the surface was slimy, it was hard to see into it, not something she'd dare drink. How could people be so careless as to let it get this bad? More importantly, how could anyone stand to live near it? She couldn't so she prepared to move on.

Further along the stream, she came to a drop off with a waterfall. A cliff meant that there had to be rocky grounds somewhere around, and that would make a suitable home. She considered following the cliff line to get away from the stream, but then noticed something peculiar. There was something else in the water there, two white orbs with round black spots. The polluted stream was watching her.

And it only further spooked her by gathering up in a slimy lump, made dark violet under the blue moonlight. It sprouted hands and a wild grin that seemed ripped off the face of a madman and pasted there. As the eyes seemed to glow, the thing said, “Hello, lunch.”

Now Sandy was normally a level-headed Pokemon, but this was simply too much. She screamed and ran away from the stream as fast as she could. Unfortunately, she didn't look quite where she was going and ran straight off the cliff. Without the reassurance of solid ground underneath her paws, she curled herself into a ball and hoped for the best. She bounced off the land below, getting thrown back into the air. She continued to bounce and then roll for quite some time before she was able to stop.

Back at the top of the cliff, the Grimer that had been in the stream emerged from it, along with three others like it. They shuffled over to the edge of the cliff and looked down. “Wow, you scared that one good,” one said. “I'd go splat all over if I dropped down here.”

“Yeah, she thought you were really gonna eat her!” another said.

The Grimer in question stood up straight... actually, it was more of a pulling its slimy goo in and making itself a few inches taller. “That's cause I'm the best! You guys can't even dream of being as awesome as me.”

“Oh please. You just got lucky in getting one that was easy to scare.”

“It ain't luck! It's car-ism-ma, that's what it is. I got so much car-ism-ma that it leaks out my ears.”

“Pssht, yeah right.”

“Then just who is leading in the all time scare record?” He punched his fist into his chest, making a squelch sound. “It's me, that's who. You have no clue how to do things right; you got no pizzazz. I can scare anybody and nobody scares me.”

The other Grimer rolled his eyes, twisting the eyeballs themselves. “Scaring folks is only a diversion, doofus. When it comes to the important stuff, I'm top slime around here. You can't compare.”

“I think I...” and he got interrupted by a spot of dirt that began bulging up in the ground nearby.

Moments later, the Sandshrew emerged. “Ugh, that clay,” Sandy said, glancing at her claws. “It's gonna stick, I know it.”

“Oh my gosh, it's alive!” one of the other Grimers said, shrinking down closer to the ground.

Sandy looked at them, puzzled as to why they were all staring at her, spooked. Now that she had a good view on them, they didn't seem that scary, just blobs of poisonous slime. And she knew how to deal with Poison Pokemon. “Yeah,” she replied. “It's not that far of a drop. Although, I did bounce quite a ways there.”

“You are so amazing,” another said. “We're not worthy!” Then the two of them bowed down to the ground with her. Or more specifically, they splatted their faces on the ground in deference. The two squabbling Grimers glanced at each other, then her, then followed suit.

Why did she get the feeling that she was getting involved in something stupid? Sandy bit down on her tongue, then said, “Maybe. What in the world are you? I don't remember seeing Pokemon like you before.”

“We are Grimers!” the braggart one said, lifting his head. The others soon followed. “Born by x-rays from the moon and gunk in the rivers, we are the toxic avengers! We’re here as the world's vengeance on pollutions.”

Sandy wasn't sure about that. At any rate, it didn't apply to her as she lived neatly. “Okay, you do that. Hey, do you know a rocky or sandy area around here? I'm looking for a new place to live.”

The four Grimers glanced around. One pointed across the stream. “There's a place like that a ways off that way. The stream doesn't go there, but I didn't like it over there as it was much cleaner than this place. No gunk at all; it's not nice.”

“I think I can deal with that,” she said, glad for it. “Thanks; I needed to escape that noise pollution.”

“Pollution, you say?” the braggart Grimer asked, interested.

“Not your sort, I think,” Sandy said, looking around for some way to cross the river. Maybe down on the lower ground? “A couple of my neighbors in the desert off to the southeast were putting together a rock back and it was so noisy. I can't stand people littering the air with all that ruckus. I don't think even you could stand it.” Then she burrowed back under the ground, not wanting to drop off the cliff again. She could pass under the river that way.

The four Grimers looked to each other. “Noise pollution, huh?” the braggart said.

“What kind of half-baked scheme do you have now?” his rival asked.

“We can make noise pollution too, I'm sure,” he said. “And that might attract even more gunk and grime! Let's form a grunge band!”

“What for?” one of the other Grimers asked.

“For a battle of the bands,” he said, grinning with dark mischief.

Sandshrew HeartGold entry: If it fell from a great height, this Pokemon could save itself by rolling into a ball and bouncing.

Grimer B/W entry: It was born when sludge in a dirty stream was exposed to the moon's X-rays. It appears among filth.

Lol. That was funny. I miss your chlichestorm so im glad you made this.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

Ha! I laughed at the whole "rock band" thing! With actual rocks! Wow, that's good. And the Grimers' personality was very funny, they remind you of childish teenagers. Now poor Sandshrew has to deal with more noise pollution. Poor girl...

Oh dear God, THAT'S Grimer's BW entry? Seriously? They did that?

... Is it odd that I hope for a follow-up with this battle of the bands?
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I would need a Pokemon that would be in a heavy metal band for a follow up (hehe). And yes, that is seriously Grimer's entry. Although I guess if the moon is releasing X-rays, that explains some of the weirdness in the Pokemon world... everything is a mutant!

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast